(Topic ID: 290984)

Let’s Talk Pinball Pricing!

By wolverinetuner

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taurus (resized).jpg
    GUEST_84a4b12b-1ada-4943-a148-5117a2f15c41 (resized).jpeg
    price (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20230921_142723 (resized).jpg
    darts-bulls-eye.gif
    tumblr_a3fac71f429711dbe2e997f112292e70_810c3e78_640.gif
    96679e31-8c06-4b58-9bcb-c4d399790185_text (resized).png
    Matrix2222222.png
    5x5-Risk-Matrix-Sample-1024x585 (resized).png
    68EFAD3A-ACB0-406A-ABB2-A237658AA4B8 (resized).jpeg
    F120BF18-8A54-4A54-B573-169D4E75788A (resized).jpeg
    32C0A536-64F2-4D99-8862-6872C3134BF4 (resized).jpeg
    C7DDC11C-743F-4AE0-A4AC-BBAA50F16AF4 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 22.
    #551 1 year ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

A sign of prices dropping or of a pin’s (lack of) popularity, or both? Pinsider lists little-used Ultraman CE for $6,000 on 9/29/22 and it’s still apparently unsold as of the next day:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ultraman-collectors-edition-34#post-7164113

Well, when the seller states that he does not like the game and he wants it to go away as a selling point...

2 weeks later
    #552 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Just thinking about a couple acquisitions I would like to make, not that I have room, but details, details….

Just wondering when this avocation May start to see some pushback in pricing due to the economy, specifically the stock markets affect on folks wallets. Not to mention just the cost of living that has gone up substantially! Fuel, food you name it. At some point this will have to affect, in my humble opinion, our avocation. Regardless of the midterms, I just don’t see things getting righted anytime soon.

Didn’t use to care to much about this kind of stuff but as one gets older and has less time to recover, we’ll you know.

G

Despite what everyone tells you, pinball prices don't always go up. And with any item, if the prices suddenly shoot up in value and become generally unreasonable, they come back down eventually. The market will not allow "crazy pricing" forever. The part that a lot of enthusiasts struggle with is they keep thinking "Well, if demand drops and prices plummet, I'll pick up lots of pins cheap!". That isn't logical, because they ARE the demand. If it drops, that means THEY aren't buying as many pins anymore. It's hard for some people to wrap their head around that.

When the economy struggles, peoples buying habits change. I've been told that it historically has never effected pin pricing, but when there's a HUGE home market that's still growing with record high prices I can't help but think the outcome will be different. If you read through the last few pages on this thread you might see some more input. I enjoy talking economy/markets/pin pricing, so fire away

#553 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Despite what everyone tells you, pinball prices don't always go up. And with any item, if the prices suddenly shoot up in value and become generally unreasonable, they come back down eventually. The market will not allow "crazy pricing" forever. The part that a lot of enthusiasts struggle with is they keep thinking "Well, if demand drops and prices plummet, I'll pick up lots of pins cheap!". That isn't logical, because they ARE the demand. If it drops, that means THEY aren't buying as many pins anymore. It's hard for some people to wrap their head around that.
    When the economy struggles, peoples buying habits change. I've been told that it historically has never effected pin pricing, but when there's a HUGE home market that's still growing with record high prices I can't help but think the outcome will be different. If you read through the last few pages on this thread you might see some more input. I enjoy talking economy/markets/pin pricing, so fire away

Past events shouldn't be used as future indicators, but I can only go with what I know. I don't think I'm disagreeing here to say, pins have never gotten cheap since I started in the hobby in the late 90s. Whitewater used to be 1200, and I remember thinking that was rich. I could rattle off a lot of titles, but you get the idea. Couple that with the availability of repro'd playfields, plastics and backglasses, and even the bargain worn to the wood pins are much much harder to find and buy for that bargain price. Then, add in internet, something that was in it's infancy when I started collecting. That's when I could get a Fathom shipped cross-country for 700 total.

#554 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Past events shouldn't be used as future indicators, but I can only go with what I know. I don't think I'm disagreeing here to say, pins have never gotten cheap since I started in the hobby in the late 90s. Whitewater used to be 1200, and I remember thinking that was rich. I could rattle off a lot of titles, but you get the idea. Couple that with the availability of repro'd playfields, plastics and backglasses, and even the bargain worn to the wood pins are much much harder to find and buy for that bargain price. Then, add in internet, something that was in it's infancy when I started collecting. That's when I could get a Fathom shipped cross-country for 700 total.

What did that used $1200 Whitewater cost new? More than $1200, right? So it went -down- to the $1200. And at that lower $1200 price, you even said you thought it was rich. So you thought that pin should have only been, say, $800. Why? Likely because generally the pins you were seeing at that time had gone down in value from their NIB price. That's my point. Historically most NIB pins lost value as time went on. Some went up immediately, sure, but most went down immediately. These last few years seem to have people forgetting that. And even in your example, your memory starts at $1200, -after- the initial value drop. Which is understandable, as we all start considering things at a certain point in time and congrats on you going back at least that far to begin with.

#555 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Yet… the two biggest downturns in the last 20 years (2008 and the pandemic) have both lead to the biggest up movements in pinball prices.

Nothing is forever… but cyclic overall markets isn’t a good indicator of pinball sales in this century so far.

#556 1 year ago

I think the economy is going to be in free fall by March. Once Q3 numbers hit its going to be a bloodbath and everything will be wild. Interest rates might hit 8% by years end and with it the economy in general will tumble. I suspect 2023-2024 will be a good year to buy pins on the cheap if you have the cash. Also good years to do home improvement projects as contractors will be hurting for business.

Most people are going to hunker down and stop spending which will drive supply up and cost of pins down. Supply chain costs for NIB won't change but the used market will likely shift back down within the next 6 months.

#557 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

What did that used $1200 Whitewater cost new? More than $1200, right? So it went -down- to the $1200. And at that lower $1200 price, you even said you thought it was rich. So you thought that pin should have only been, say, $800. Why? Likely because generally the pins you were seeing at that time had gone down in value from their NIB price. That's my point. Historically most NIB pins lost value as time went on. Some went up immediately, sure, but most went down immediately. These last few years seem to have people forgetting that. And even in your example, your memory starts at $1200, -after- the initial value drop. Which is understandable, as we all start considering things at a certain point in time and congrats on you going back at least that far to begin with.

Yes, I should caveat - anytime I'm talking about pinballs, I'll always be talking about the older pins, say from the 90s back. The recent stuff being put out are a whole different ball of wax.

#558 1 year ago
    Quoted from superNoid:

I think the economy is going to be in free fall by March. Once Q3 numbers hit its going to be a bloodbath and everything will be wild. Interest rates might hit 8% by years end and with it the economy in general will tumble. I suspect 2023-2024 will be a good year to buy pins on the cheap if you have the cash. Also good years to do home improvement projects as contractors will be hurting for business.
    Most people are going to hunker down and stop spending which will drive supply up and cost of pins down. Supply chain costs for NIB won't change but the used market will likely shift back down within the next 6 months.

Disagree completely. The economy is doing very well, and while I do expect there to be some sort of mild recession, we are in a much healthier place now than during the COVID pandemic. I think we are seeing the peak of inflation right now.

#559 1 year ago

This economy has been steadily crashing an burning since January, 2020, according to a lot of folks here. We should all be living in caves by now!

#560 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

The economy is doing very well

Except for the record inflation.

#561 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Disagree completely. The economy is doing very well, and while I do expect there to be some sort of mild recession, we are in a much healthier place now than during the COVID pandemic. I think we are seeing the peak of inflation right now.

Growth is the #1 measurement of the economy. The economy has shrunk two quarters in a row. It's the definition of not doing well.

#562 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Yet… the two biggest downturns in the last 20 years (2008 and the pandemic) have both lead to the biggest up movements in pinball prices.

2008 + was a huge surprise IMO. Lots of people stayed home and played their pins I guess. Not one good deal I can remember except then you could still pick up projects. As far as I can tell pin prices have increased since Williams decided to make slot machines. That will change but how many bubble posts will we see before that happens.

#563 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This economy has been steadily crashing an burning since January, 2020, according to a lot of folks here. We should all be living in caves by now!

I've noticed that particular reluctance repeated here. They are wrong, of course, but seem to wish it were true.

#564 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Growth is the #1 measurement of the economy. The economy has shrunk two quarters in a row. It's the definition of not doing well.

No, it's not. It's one of several measurements. Another is unemployment. We are at a record low. Wage growth is another. We have record wage growth right now, with an all-time high hit during April, 2021. Inflation is a problem, but I think we are at the peak right now. There are some concerns too, consumer spending and PMI I'd like to see higher. But as mentioned in the link, two quarters does NOT indicate "not doing well".

If you are interested, here's a nice analysis from a few months ago looking forward.

https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/insights/economy/us-economic-forecast/united-states-outlook-analysis.html

#565 1 year ago

It’s hard for me to see the upbeat picture of the economy that you’re painting! My investment losses this year, for at least me, are staggering. I may never be able to recover those losses given that I am not 25!

There is simply no way from this persons view that we are in a good place!

#566 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

It’s hard for me to see the upbeat picture of the economy that you’re painting! My investment losses this year, for at least me, are staggering. I may never be able to recover those losses given that I am not 25!

Yes, the market is down over the last six months. Oh well...that's what a few really bad days will do to a market where it was mostly pretty good. It's called "investment" for a reason; you're not supposed to be looking at the short-term loss/gain picture.

And if you're old enough that your forward-looking loss/gain picture is a short window of time, you've already enjoyed a lot of upside from past decades of investment. The very nature of investment is that yes, you'll have some bad years. But at least so far, there are way more good years than bad years, so fixating on the current bad year isn't useful. This year is why you started investing years ago, so you could build up your account and be able to weather a storm like this.

Just don't cash out at the current lows, and you'll be fine. Eventually. Probably. (Honestly, I have some skepticism about how sustainable capitalism itself is when you look 25 or 50 years out, but that's a whole other thing. NOTE: this is not a "capitalism is bad" comment; I just think from an economic point of view, our consumerist-driven capitalism system has its limits. My statement is no different than suggesting that we will probably need to find a new place to live sometime in the next 5 billion years.)

#567 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

No, it's not. It's one of several measurements.

You literally don't know what you're talking about when you say this. You're right in that it is indeed one of several measurements, but you're confusing other numbers with the economy. The economy IS the economy, and if the ECONOMY is shrinking then the ECONOMY is not doing well. You can mention unemployment (which measures...you know, unemployment) and inflation (which, again measures inflation) but those numbers don't MEASURE the economy. The economy does.

It's like you're saying your wages are doing GREAT because your boss is a nice guy and the business you work in is doing well...but your hourly wage is down. Your wages, in this situation, are NOT doing well.

#568 1 year ago

I shouldn't mean to sound so harsh. I assume you mean well. I just think you're conflating different things which are related, but not the same.

#569 1 year ago

Arguing on Pinside is fine, but personally I like to go down to the historically-long lines at St. Mary’s Food Bank and tell everyone that they’re ACKSHUALLY doing great!

#570 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

You literally don't know what you're talking about when you say this. You're right in that it is indeed one of several measurements

Pick a side? Seriously, look up the main economic indicators. You'll see the ones I've mentioned are there.

#571 1 year ago
    Quoted from pete_d:

Yes, the market is down over the last six months. Oh well...that's what a few really bad days will do to a market where it was mostly pretty good. It's called "investment" for a reason; you're not supposed to be looking at the short-term loss/gain picture.)

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. I also have investments, and I'm not worried. Long term, investing is always paying more. Didn't the market just skyrocket? Per Edward Jones on the last week:

" The headwinds from further Fed rate hikes and a slowing economy are not yet exhausted. However, as the table above shows, in the later portions of bear markets, we begin to see sizable daily gains interspersed within sell-offs. The last 10 trading days have included three days in which the S&P 500 rose more than 2.5% and the Dow gained more than 750 points"

https://www.edwardjones.com/us-en/market-news-insights/stock-market-news/stock-market-weekly-update

#572 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

Arguing on Pinside is fine, but personally I like to go down to the historically-long lines at St. Mary’s Food Bank and tell everyone that they’re ACKSHUALLY doing great!

I would love to talk about measures and laws we could pass to help the poor (and directly, only, the poor and middle class). But I know here is not the place.

#573 1 year ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Because you see it with your own eyes and feel it in your wallet.

They can’t spin that.

Any person who has any common sense gets it.

It’s a F ing disaster and getting worse. 40 yr high on inflation

2023 is going to be a year of reckoning.

Housing with mortgage rates at 7% have already hit the brick wall.

#574 1 year ago
    Quoted from pete_d:

Yes, the market is down over the last six months. Oh well...that's what a few really bad days will do to a market where it was mostly pretty good. It's called "investment" for a reason; you're not supposed to be looking at the short-term loss/gain picture.
    And if you're old enough that your forward-looking loss/gain picture is a short window of time, you've already enjoyed a lot of upside from past decades of investment. The very nature of investment is that yes, you'll have some bad years. But at least so far, there are way more good years than bad years, so fixating on the current bad year isn't useful. This year is why you started investing years ago, so you could build up your account and be able to weather a storm like this.
    Just don't cash out at the current lows, and you'll be fine. Eventually. Probably. (Honestly, I have some skepticism about how sustainable capitalism itself is when you look 25 or 50 years out, but that's a whole other thing. NOTE: this is not a "capitalism is bad" comment; I just think from an economic point of view, our consumerist-driven capitalism system has its limits. My statement is no different than suggesting that we will probably need to find a new place to live sometime in the next 5 billion years.)

Politely I disagree.

#575 1 year ago

I dropped the price on my very clean and shopped 1963 William’s El Toro to $799, that’s actually a really good deal in today’s prices. Offering delivery to expo, check out the game on market place, let me know what you think, thanks!

#576 1 year ago
    Quoted from Classics_Master:

I dropped the price on my very clean and shopped 1963 William’s El Toro to $799, that’s actually a really good deal in today’s prices. Offering delivery to expo, check out the game on market place, let me know what you think, thanks!

I’d appreciate it if this doesn’t turn into a for-sale thread, not really the intent. Thanks.

#577 1 year ago

I’d appreciate it if this doesn’t turn into a for-sale thread, not really the intent. Thanks.

No problem, I just stumbled onto this thread and didn’t realize what it was about. Been reading the posts, I see now. I will say pinball pricing of late has been hard to figure out. I did a seminar at pinball expo on pinball pricing, I believe it was called “what’s my machine worth”, back in 2019 just before the pandemic. Prices were already going up before Covid, but really went crazy in the past two years.

#578 1 year ago

I also feel it’s these new game prices that’s really hurting everything. Like when I bought my NIB Simpsons Party in 2003 for $3600, that was the standard top price for a game then. Plus they just made one game. No premium or LE, just a top quality game with so many features, and it was complete when released. Today, the normal Simpsons Party we knew then would be a premium, with all the flippers and drop targets and such. However, games just kinda stayed the same price year after year. At that time, a used Williams game would generally be much lower, unless you wanted a top earning title like say a monster bash, attack from mars or twilight zone, but you still wouldn’t expect those games to be more than $3600, as that was the standard price for a brand new game. I feel today the standard game pricing is just too high, it just drives up the price on everything. That’s why you’re seeing all these Williams games such as Fish Tales, The Shadow, White water and Dracula go for so high, where they were $1500 or less in 2003, just going by the price of a new game. I guess that’s where I can’t see paying for premium games today. It just makes it hard if you’ve been in this hobby for at least 20+ years and knowing what game prices were for so long.

#579 1 year ago

I also feel it’s these new game prices that’s really hurting everything. Like when I bought my NIB Simpsons Party in 2003 for $3600, that was the standard top price for a game then. Plus they just made one game. No premium or LE, just a top quality game with so many features, and it was complete when released. Today, the normal Simpsons Party we knew then would be a premium, with all the flippers and drop targets and such. However, games just kinda stayed the same price year after year. At that time, a used Williams game would generally be much lower, unless you wanted a top earning title like say a monster bash, attack from mars or twilight zone, but you still wouldn’t expect those games to be more than $3600, as that was the standard price for a brand new game. I feel today the standard game pricing is just too high, it just drives up the price on everything. That’s why you’re seeing all these Williams games such as Fish Tales, The Shadow, White water and Dracula go for so high, where they were $1500 or less in 2003, just going by the price of a new game. I guess that’s where I can’t see paying for premium games today. It just makes it hard if you’ve been in this hobby for at least 20+ years and knowing what game prices were for so long.

Everything goes hand in hand, and nothing happens in a vacuum. The NIB prices are higher because the used market is higher. And the used market is higher because the NIB prices are higher. Ultimately it's not the manufacturers that are setting the prices people are paying, it's you and me. They can't charge $10k for a NIB if we're not willing to pay for it...but "we", the market, are. I don't think the buyers are "hurting" everything, but we are the ones making it happen. The sellers are just facilitating. Some dude asking $20k for a TMNT (that sits unsold) isn't going to effect the market, but a dude willing to pay it will.

#580 1 year ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Some dude asking $20k for a TMNT (that sits unsold) isn't going to effect the market

I’m sure that generally true, but we’ve probably all heard of someone looking at an ad like that and then putting theirs up for $18,000, saying “These go for $20,000, but I’m only asking $18,000.” I assume that sales pitch sometimes sways the unwary.

#581 1 year ago

I’m sure that generally true, but we’ve probably all heard of someone looking at an ad like that and then putting theirs up for $18,000, saying “These go for $20,000, but I’m only asking $18,000.” I assume that sales pitch sometimes sways the unwary.

Yes, but still odd on why certain older titles demand so much more than others. It’s like back in the day when Gottlieb Rocky jumped from a 800-1200 dollar game to like $10k!? I remember thinking what in the world? Yet I still have system 80 games today that are still only worth 800-1200, same vintage as Rocky. I wish I’d bought all the Pink Panther, Q-Bert’s Quest and Star Race I could’ve back in the day, but at least Gottlieb games like Alien Star, Robo War and TX sector are becoming more collectible. Strange market on those Gottlieb’s for sure.

#582 1 year ago

Yes, but still odd on why certain older titles demand so much more than others

The examples you are mentioning are largely because they got popular after being showcased at PAPA/Pinburgh events.

Pinburgh pioneered the concept of forcing everyone to play different eras as part of the principal of the event. I believe that pushed them to really dig out some gems.. and when they put those games up as centerpieces during finals, etc... those otherwise forgotten titles were suddenly the talk of the town for their quirks or unappreciated elements. Then.. boom.. everyone wants one and the prices go nuts.

The 'good words' put out by Bowen and others around that time about titles and their elements (like TX-Sector music) also boosted those titles.

#583 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

The examples you are mentioning are largely because they got popular after being showcased at PAPA/Pinburgh events.
    Pinburgh pioneered the concept of forcing everyone to play different eras as part of the principal of the event. I believe that pushed them to really dig out some gems.. and when they put those games up as centerpieces during finals, etc... those otherwise forgotten titles were suddenly the talk of the town for their quirks or unappreciated elements. Then.. boom.. everyone wants one and the prices go nuts.
    The 'good words' put out by Bowen and others around that time about titles and their elements (like TX-Sector music) also boosted those titles.

True, but I don’t believe PAPA ever had a Rocky? I played in nearly all the PAPA events and finished in the top four of the classics there several times there, plus won B division at Pinburgh, but don’t remember ever seeing a Rocky ever being there. Actually, some of the popular classics there for many years were Gator/Mars Trek/Snow Derby/etc…. I sold PAPA an Alien Star, which helped put that game on the map after it was showcased in a pinburgh finals. But yeah, some games just magically became collector games without PAPA’s help.

#584 1 year ago

But yeah, some games just magically became collector games without PAPA’s help.

Sure - some games are just rare due to low production numbers plus age plus their period (when games largely just got destroyed when they were no longer wanted). Many of those goofy 80s Gottliebs like Qbert/etc are more rare for their uniquness+IP makes them always an eye catcher.. but of course a turd to own or play. The prices on many of them have inflated just due to people wanting the unobtanium stuff after the spotlight that Bowen+crew gave classics. So many think every unobtanium game is worthy... I say.. nah I'm happy to flip those games for 5-10min a few times a year at rare collections and let them be afterwards

1 week later
    #585 1 year ago

Interesting discussion in a thread asking when folks felt “priced out” from buying pins:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-years-did-you-buy-for-until-you-felt-priced-out-

#586 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Sure - some games are just rare due to low production numbers plus age plus their period (when games largely just got destroyed when they were no longer wanted). Many of those goofy 80s Gottliebs like Qbert/etc are more rare for their uniquness+IP makes them always an eye catcher.. but of course a turd to own or play. The prices on many of them have inflated just due to people wanting the unobtanium stuff after the spotlight that Bowen+crew gave classics. So many think every unobtanium game is worthy... I say.. nah I'm happy to flip those games for 5-10min a few times a year at rare collections and let them be afterwards

I once owned a Voltan, which I thought was a great looking pin - but the reality was, even at only 365 made, it was a dog with no lasting gameplay. So I got rid of it. Rare is sometimes for a good reason.

#587 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I once owned a Voltan, which I thought was a great looking pin - but the reality was, even at only 365 made, it was a dog with no lasting gameplay. So I got rid of it. Rare is sometimes for a good reason.

I fell in live for Swords of Fury without ever playing or seeing it live. The music, the legend, the (relative) rarity, the theme, everything looked amazing to me. Took very long to find it and buy it. Once I got it I loved it for.... 10 plays. Then I tried desperatly to keep loving it, but the game is shit, its a turd. Sold it after a month, and I was and still am so glad to get rid of that dog. I also then had other honeymoons with other titles, but after the Sof lesson I realized that rare games are rare for a reason. And very rare games are very rare for the same reason: they are turds.

#588 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luppin:

I fell in live for Swords of Fury without ever playing or seeing it live. The music, the legend, the (relative) rarity, the theme, everything looked amazing to me. Took very long to find it and buy it. Once I got it I loved it for.... 10 plays. Then I tried desperatly to keep loving it, but the game is shit, its a turd. Sold it after a month, and I was and still am so glad to get rid of that dog. I also then had other honeymoons with other titles, but after the Sof lesson I realized that rare games are rare for a reason. And very rare games are very rare for the same reason: they are turds.

Over 5 years with my Swords of Fury...still love it.

#589 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luppin:

but after the Sof lesson I realized that rare games are rare for a reason. And very rare games are very rare for the same reason: they are turds.

SoF clocks in at 2700 units produced. Would you consider Centaur rare at 3700 units produced (not including the lesser-desirable 1500 unit follow-on "Centaur II" in the Bally/Midway MDF cabinet)? I'd hardly call Centaur a "turd".

#590 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luppin:

Often this is true.. however there are way too many exceptions on both sides of the equation to make any sort of rule out of the statement.

for example, look at the original production runs for MM, AFM, MB.. there is a reason that CGC has done well with remakes.

Many of the classic Sterns of the day were relatively low production and seen as cheap garbage, but ask any solid player what they think of those titles now and they are coveted for gameplay and collectibility.

And on EMs, I often scratch my head at the over 7k production run for Jubilee.

#591 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mathazar:

SoF clocks in at 2700 units produced. Would you consider Centaur rare at 3700 units produced (not including the lesser-desirable 1500 unit follow-on "Centaur II" in the Bally/Midway MDF cabinet)? I'd hardly call Centaur a "turd".

Same with Fathom, Spirit, Seawitch….

#592 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luppin:

I have to agree with what others have mentioned. There are a LOT of great games MUCH harder to find than SOF... Spirit, Defender, Dragonfist, Cyclopes, Time Fantasy, Pinball Magic, Mystery Castle, Spooky, Andromeda, Class of 1812, the list goes on and on here. You are kind of spewing with the all rare games suck comment. A lot of people can't stand Medieval Madness. But it's far from dogshit.

I had SOF for 15 years. It's a good game. It's not a rare game. Your desperation is subjective. Most enthusiasts I have spoken with like SOF quite a bit. It's not an extremely difficult game, has a good theme and an awesome soundtrack. For an 80's title it ticks all the boxes for a lot of people. There will always be people that don't like a game. That does not always add up to a separate logical reason like "it must be dogshit" because it's rare.

3 weeks later
    #593 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I have to agree with what others have mentioned. There are a LOT of great games MUCH harder to find than SOF... Spirit, Defender, Dragonfist, Cyclopes, Time Fantasy, Pinball Magic, Mystery Castle, Spooky, Andromeda, Class of 1812, the list goes on and on here. You are kind of spewing with the all rare games suck comment. A lot of people can't stand Medieval Madness. But it's far from dogshit.

See "Cyclopes", thinks "that's spelled wrong". Clicks on link...

...WTF is THAT? And that side art. Haha...

1 week later
    #594 1 year ago

Question for today, Black Friday 2022:
    How does this day impact your pinball-related purchasing? Do you lick your chops as this day approaches, or do you think, “Meh, I might look at the deals, but no big deal,” or something else?

(Personally I just bought a bunch of lamps from Comet Pinball, and renewed my Pinside+ membership.)

#595 1 year ago

Question for today, Black Friday 2022:
    How does this day impact your pinball-related purchasing? Do you lick your chops as this day approaches, or do you think, “Meh, I might look at the deals, but no big deal,” or something else?
    (Personally I just bought a bunch of lamps from Comet Pinball, and renewed my Pinside+ membership.)

BTW, a separate thread lists current Black Friday deals:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-friday-sales-post-here-2022

#596 1 year ago

[duplicate post]

#598 1 year ago

I bought unsweetened tea and Reese’s Christmas trees…. I feel so glad everyone gives a shit.

#599 1 year ago

Couldn't care less about Black Friday.

#600 1 year ago

What about pinball-related purchases on Black Friday? The question is whether Black Friday affects your pinball-related purchases. I look forward to the Comet Pinball sale each year. I’ve been buying all my LED lamps during their Black Friday sale.

There are 1,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-price-discussion-thread/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.