By RyanClaytor

2 months ago

Stats

• Started 2 months ago
  • 27 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by NiftyLED

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by NiftyLED
Uploaded by RyanClaytor
Uploaded by RyanClaytor
Uploaded by RyanClaytor
Uploaded by RyanClaytor
Uploaded by RyanClaytor

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

#1 2 months ago

THE Pinball Podcast100th Episode Anniversary:
Commemorative Artwork and Grand Hootenanny in Las Vegas

TPP100Color (resized).jpg

Hello Pinsiders!

It is my honor to announce the impending 100th episode from our favorite pinball discussants and tangeteers, Don and Jeff, co-host extraordinaires of THE Pinball Podcast.

This post is gonna be a doozy, but we wouldn’t have it any other way for the second-longest-winded pinball podcast on the interwebs *a-hem*TaylorAndTommy*a-hem* …excuse me. Something in my throat there. Anyhow, here’s what you can expect:

A) Custom Commemorative T-shirt Art
B) Limited-Edition Screen Printed Poster
C) Episode #100 Grand Hootenanny in Las Vegas (!??!)

- -- --- ---------- --- -- -

A. Custom Commemorative T-shirt Art
TPP100ColorMock (resized).jpg
All joking aside, I’ve been wanting to create some artwork for Don and Jeff for years now, and I’m excited to release this new design I illustrated in celebration of their 100th episode. The guys and NiftyLED are sparing no expense. The design will be screen-printed (with 4 colors) on a bougey ring-spun cotton (very soft) navy T-shirt from American Apparel.

We are opening a month-long window for pre-orders that will close on Dec. 31st, 2016. Shirts will be $20 each for sizes S-XL and $23 for sizes XXL-XXXL (+ $5 shipping in the U.S. and $15 shipping outside the U.S. Multiple shirts in one order will not increase shipping cost.). During the pre-order window we will also be accepting orders for female fitted shirts...

FemaleTshirtMock (resized).jpg

...also $20 for sizes S-XXL. Shirts will be ready by mid-February (see “Episode #100 Grand Hootenanny in Las Vegas” below). To secure your shirt, place your order through NiftyLED here:

http://www.niftyled.com/pinball-podcast-100th-episode-shirt/

B. Limited-Edition Screen-Printed Poster
posterMock (resized).jpg
Unlike the commemorative T-shirts, which WILL BE PRINTED regardless of how many are ordered, these signed, hand-numbered, limited-edition prints MIGHT BE PRINTED...if we receive at least 20 pre-orders by Dec. 31st, 2016.

These posters will be screen-printed (just like a good ole’-fashioned playfield or backglass) in a limited run of 50 on high-quality 100# French paper with a nice standard size of 18”x24” (easy to find a frame for). Posters will be sold for $25 each (+$15 shipping inside the U.S. and +$25 shipping outside the U.S.). For delivery, the print will be nestled inside craft paper wrap (to ensure a safe delivery) and snuggled inside a big, fat, 3” diameter tube (for minimal warping).

We were not originally going to offer these prints, but I begged and pleaded because I love The Pinball Podcast, and I’ll be honest, I’m pretty taken by this design. So, let’s make this a reality by placing a pre-order at NiftyLED here:

http://www.niftyled.com/pinball-podcast-100th-episode-print/

In the unfortunate event that we do not receive 20 pre-orders by Dec. 31st, 2016, pre-order money will be refunded in-full and the posters will not be printed. *sad emoji* #firstWorldProblems

C. 100th Episode Grand Hootenanny in Las Vegas
vegas (resized).jpg
As if all this artsy stuff wasn’t enough, the guys are recording their celebratory 100th episode LIVE in Las Vegas at Flipperspiel Underground on Saturday, Feb. 18th, 2017. Damnit that sounds cool. Excuse me for a moment...

*sets a Travelocity search notification*

Okay, I’m back. So, this is really a thing. You, too, can be a part of this wonderous occasion in the City of PIN, Las Vegas, NV. …and if you act fast, you can probably even find tickets to the same Ween concert that Don will be attending.

--------
Details
--------
Where:
The Flipperspiel Underground
6000 S Eastern Ave. #4D
Las Vegas, NV 89119

When:
Doors open at 1:00 PM, admission to play games is $10.00 - Over 20 Pinball Machines and over 15 Video games, all set to FREEPLAY

Don & Jeff will start recording at 3:00 PM until whenever they finish or pass out.

Grand Hootenany Tournament Registration opens at 6:00 PM, Tournament starts at 7:00 PM $10 entry fee goes to the pot for the winners! This will be an IFPA points event (because Don and Jeff are super-knowledgeable about tournament stuff).

Alright, I think that about does it for the info dump. From Don and Jeff, thanks for the listenership. I know they’re all hopped-up to connect with each of you lucky folks in Vegas. From Daniel at Nifty, he supports your choice to make pinball purple again. From me, thanks for all your support and interest in my work. I can’t believe you’ve made it possible for me to illustrate over a dozen designs and counting for this incredible hobby. You all rock!!!

Vegas or Bust,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

#2 2 months ago

**reserved**

Added 76 days ago: grrrr i cant edit my post/add pix

#3 2 months ago

Tagging this with South Park and Fish Tales is low, Ryan. Good thing the art is fantastic otherwise...

#4 2 months ago
Quoted from jar155:

Tagging this with South Park and Fish Tales is low, Ryan. Good thing the art is fantastic otherwise...

At least you know I listen.

Love you guys!

#5 2 months ago

Thanks, Ryan! It's an honor to finally work with you! Thanks to our listeners (both of them) and NiftyLED for your support!

#6 2 months ago

Awesome artwork!

#7 2 months ago

This just in, my flight is booked. Who else is coming?

#8 2 months ago

I am!!!! Hoping there's still a bingo or two in Vegas.

#9 2 months ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I am!!!! Hoping there's still a bingo or two in Vegas.

Tim Arnold has (or had) a few bingos in his collection. Not sure if any are set up at the PHOF.

#10 2 months ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Tim Arnold has (or had) a few bingos in his collection. Not sure if any are set up at the PHOF.

Last time I was at PHoF (maybe a year ago?) they had a Miss America (can't recall the year off-hand) and a Bingo-style poker game.

#11 2 months ago

Looks like I will probably be in Vegas 3 weeks later for the PAC 12 basketball tournament. Drats. Congrats on 100 episodes.

#12 2 months ago

Get your shirt orders in! Preorders close 12/31!

#13 2 months ago

PHOF had a Miss America Supreme a few months ago.

#14 2 months ago

Monday morning bump!

#15 2 months ago

Awesome shirt design for an awesome podcast!

Question: Does Don ever mistakenly drink from the wrong bottle?

#16 2 months ago
Quoted from robin:

Question: Does Don ever mistakenly drink from the wrong bottle?

Yes, but thankfully his kids are more cautious.

#17 2 months ago

Congrats on the upcoming landmark episode! It is a good commute listen and I know more about Jeff's health than I do about many of my own family members health. Thinking about the print but $15 shipping is tough.

#18 2 months ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Congrats on the upcoming landmark episode! It is a good commute listen and I know more about Jeff's health than I do about many of my own family members health. Thinking about the print but $15 shipping is tough.

Hi Matesamo,

Thanks for considering the print. I understand $15 for shipping sounds a bit steep, but I am adamant about it getting it to you unflawed. I've had a fair amount of experience creating/printing/shipping posters and big 3" tubes cost more than 2" tubes. They also cost more to ship. Craft paper to secure it inside the tube costs more than having it jangle around inside and arrive with dented edges. Plus, I'll be personally autographing and individually numbering all 50 posters (should we receive the required amount of pre-orders). On top of that, these big 18"x24" prints are immaculately screen-printed (ask Don, he's got a few of my prints) in four colors. The printer I used prints many nationally recognized gig posters and knows precisely what they're doing. I see posters of this quality selling for twice this much without shipping. So, honestly, we're doing our absolute best to make this a reality without taking a total bath in the process.

I hope this explanation clarifies why we're offering the posters at this cost, and that our margins are actually razor thin at these quantities. If all this doesn't convince you, I'm happy to field suggestions (either publicly or privately, whichever you're more comfortable doing) about anything else we could do to make this deal more attractive to you.

Hope this finds you well and thanks for suffering through...I mean...TUNING-IN to 95 episodes thus far.

See you in Vegas?
Ryan Claytor
Art Guy
Poster Shipper

#19 2 months ago

We are giving away all of these LEDs to one lucky person.

BULB GIVEAWAY (resized).png

As a thank you bonus for pre-ordering one of the commemorative t-shirts or posters for The Pinball Podcast 100th Episode, you'll get one entry in our giveaway of massive mixed bag of LEDs. From flashers to flex bulbs and from white bulbs to colors of all kinds, these are the exact same bulbs we sell in our shop...just more than you'll need for quite some time.

Each t-shirt or poster purchase gives you one entry for the drawing, to be held, so the more you order, the better your chances are to win. Winner will be drawn randomly. This giveaway is only to purchases made during the PREORDER period(until 12/31/16). Drawing will be held in the beginning of January.

If you havent ordered your shirt or print yet, you can do so below and be entered to win all of these bulbs(over 3lbs of them!)

P.S. If youve already ordered either item, you're already entered to win this!
P.P.S. Buy one of each!
O.P.P.S. Buy one for someone else!
T.P.P.S. Buy one for Don & Jeff
T.F.P.S Buy one for Tommy and Taylor

http://tiny.cc/pinballpodcastshirt
http://tiny.cc/pinballpodcastprint

#20 2 months ago

Sweet sweet giveaway announced

#21 2 months ago

Order a poster! we want this to happen!

#22 2 months ago

I know of some people who are going to order, they've just yet to do it. I get it, the shipping is tough.

#24 2 months ago
Quoted from NiftyLED:

Bump!!!

For the night crew!

#25 2 months ago

A great looking t-shirt! I'm looking forward to wearing mine while listening to every future podcast!

Okay ... not really. (the wearing while listening part)

#26 2 months ago

Just 12 days left to preorder your shirt/poster and have a chance to win some LEDs!

3 weeks later
#27 1 month ago

snax - preoder is OVER.. if you didnt get a shirt you can blame Don & Jeff.

If you really want a poster... there is probably something we could do for you...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Sale Pending!
Columbia, SC
€ 369.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 239.99
$ 18.99
$ 12.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.