Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

uEohbZfw (resized).png
    E76ABA00-C2BB-4F5F-B38C-F4D0CB8474D2 (resized).jpeg
    D94AC2D0-6E99-4324-8444-BAD5263E74DC (resized).jpeg
    FC716F42-2BE7-4ADA-8237-BEAFFA683144 (resized).jpeg
    B97856E1-063C-4D81-9BEE-7B5779864D81 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

***September 2022 Update***

This thread started out in 2020 and we have grown more than I imagined.

Myself, @davidlee, pinballplusMN continue to live stream with you, our friends. We have been inactive most of 2022 but looking to change that as the seasons get colder.

Currently we are set up in my home on 3 different levels with machines in 7+ rooms of the house. In the coming years we hope to have more of the collection set up on one floor with easier access to set up cameras and live stream. We will provide more details on this when I have them.

As before, I will NOT announce everything we do in this thread. Rather I’ll add replies below for anything more noteworthy or perhaps some weekly or monthly updates.

If you are a local pinhead and would like to be involved with our streams please reach out.

I have removed a large portion of this original post as it was more relevant to connecting with everyone as the "19" was still emerging.

***Our content***

My main focus is on restoration and repair of our vast collection of pinball machines. I post updates, weekly at minimum, in this thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-organized-with-ejs-and-little-johnny

Please join us on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/pinballoutpost

Our previous streams and repair content on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBgXZ8QJ11PQuzNS87w5lWg

Thanks for reading!
    uEohbZfw (resized).pnguEohbZfw (resized).png

#3 3 years ago

And John Ross is showing us how it’s done! REALLY good playing right now. I tapped out after 2 hours of play

3 weeks later
    #5 3 years ago

Wow,

Things are progressing a lot faster than I expected! We have now streamed 28 unique pinball machines! We've had several people stop by (not all at once, staying covid minded) to join us on some streams too!

Since our first stream we have learned a lot. Playfield camera has been upgraded and a USB mic has been ordered as of tonight. Last night we had a great time streaming Black Knight with a hardtop playfield. It sounds like we had a couple audio woes for the first time. This was our first time streaming at John's studio. However I think we were fighting against his family hogging the bandwidth haha. We will plan to re-stream Black Knight this weekend.

I put a spreadsheet together for me to keep track of what we have streamed and when. Why not share for anyone who wants to take a peek.

Here is a read only link to Google Drive/ Google Docs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NdKkjWWsGq8fhnjngYFz78nZqfyLaNa8mpDKt2Vo8Yc/edit?usp=sharing

We've even gotten a little geeky and had custom shirts made for us and one of our local viewers. Custom etched beer glasses have also been made. Home kit -- I don't think we're going to market merchandise anytime soon.

I was anticipating a set schedule by now but that's been a bit of a struggle. Day to day both our schedules can change and I don't want this to start feeling like "work". Plus on some slow workdays I can start up a stream mid day.

#6 3 years ago

pinballplusMN Dave and I should be starting Big Guns around 7 7:15 PM local CST tonight. John is pretty good at dominating this game.

#7 3 years ago

Merry Christmas! We are doing some last minute 8 Ball Deluxe right now!

#8 3 years ago

Doing some spider man vault right now. Normally a game we don’t have access to.

B97856E1-063C-4D81-9BEE-7B5779864D81 (resized).jpegB97856E1-063C-4D81-9BEE-7B5779864D81 (resized).jpeg
    #9 3 years ago

Just starting our last game on TSPP that is in for repair at John’s. Playing great!

FC716F42-2BE7-4ADA-8237-BEAFFA683144 (resized).jpegFC716F42-2BE7-4ADA-8237-BEAFFA683144 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #10 3 years ago

Hi everyone!

This last week has been crazy with work so our live streaming has been a little more staggered but in my off time I've been playing around with OBS and have now integrated more with the studio.

Today I polished off an "intro screen" which we'll show approximately 10 minutes before gameplay. I also created an "outro screen" to round things off, including two mini slideshows of my collection from over the years including the old Pinball Plus retail showroom. Figured this looks better than things abruptly ending as they have sometimes done in the past. This will allow me to senselessly ramble a bit more at the end and let everyone know we're almost done for those who stumble in last minute.

It's been great virtually meeting and chatting with the online streaming community. There is a lot of positivity which I like to see. Everyone has a little different style it seems.

Always appreciate the feedback and comments during play. I should once again recognize Pinball Plus / John Ross for his continued feedback and viewing. With his continued support we are able to introduce a partial second rig to make things easier to transition between rooms and floors of my house and other locations (I've already broken my guest bedroom lamp fixture with a camera boom back in November).

With this expansion in mind I'd like to look towards doing some 3 game EM marathons etc. where we'd stream 3 games in a 60 or 90 minute session. I know everyone's attention span, including mine, can only go so far while playing EM games. I'm not sure how the details would work yet since we'd have to cut and apply power to some equipment but I think it can be done.

See you around!

#11 3 years ago

We are trying HoH for the first time. I’m very impressed.

D94AC2D0-6E99-4324-8444-BAD5263E74DC (resized).jpegD94AC2D0-6E99-4324-8444-BAD5263E74DC (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #12 3 years ago

Well we’ve finally outgrown the laptop and now having a computer built for the stream. This should allow more camera options.

I’ve always wanted to do some special angels with the drop targets on Dimension since they are hard to see from the top.

Currently working on our 3rd camera rig too.

E76ABA00-C2BB-4F5F-B38C-F4D0CB8474D2 (resized).jpegE76ABA00-C2BB-4F5F-B38C-F4D0CB8474D2 (resized).jpeg
    #13 3 years ago

More exciting updates rolling out this month.

I have outgrown my Lenovo Yoga laptop and now have a Dell tower with almost 15 USB ports to plug into. The last couple streams have been experimental. We now have another camera that gets down by the flipper bats. The 30fps camera lasted for only one video (Wild Wild West) until that got swapped out for a 60fps camera. The graphics card that came with the tower DOES support the stream but some cameras crash so working on getting a better card to support everything.

I've activate a YouTube channel (below) to upload a number of our streams to so this helps with the 60 day expiration thing on Twitch. We won't be streaming from YouTube but will be used for archival purposes.

Also, brobra and I are getting excited to bring you live craps videos! We don't have a firm schedule yet but hoping to shoot (haha) about once a weekend either Saturday or Sunday. We'll see what happens there.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

This is great news and I’m excited to see the new camera setup, and participate in the next shooters live stream.
    “7...Front Line Winner!...pay the line, take the don’t...”

We thinking this Saturday? Presumably our usual Sunday wouldn’t work.

#17 3 years ago

Had a great time hanging out with DavidLee brobra Mike and Jill shooting some craps this afternoon.

Dealing with some frustration of our entry level GPU we are now committed to a GTX 1660 card which should eliminate many of our growing pains.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from brobra:

That was a great session! We rolled really well on the don’t come side. I think we should have a plan or strategic focus each session or segment. The repetition with teach others, and keep the concepts and dealing front and center. But heck, the free for all is really fun and exciting. So perhaps keep it organic and see where it flows.

I think that's a great idea. In theory we could do that in a controlled environment without the distractions of other players. Also, those can just be recordings and we could just upload them to our YouTube channel so they'd be there forever. I was impressed at how well and fast everyone picked up your lessons on the basics. Rarely do you see noobs playing the DONT so soon.

1 week later
    #21 3 years ago

Our Channel update for February. Mostly good news and two small pieces of sad news:

#22 3 years ago

Alright the new computer is rocking and rolling and we have some more goodies in. I’m really excited about this Black Knight.

1 year later
    #23 1 year ago

Planning to live stream some 8 Ball Deluxe play in a couple of hours.

The upper flipper is still wired to the right. Should be interesting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-outpost-live-stream-thread?tu=EJS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.