(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2837 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Happy Holidays from The Pinball Show!
    What did Zach gift Dennis this year?!?! Let’s see your guesses in the comments below and they will be shared in two weeks on Episode 86. If anyone correctly guesses one of the many gifts, you’ll win a prize!!!!

This seems likely.

Grinch (resized).pngGrinch (resized).png
    1 week later
    #2868 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Got it— thanks for clarifying! And also thanks for putting those production updates in every week, idk why nobody else disseminates that info like you guys do.
    Note: I’m about as relieved about the February production as Dennis was entertained by the Spinning Cannolis. That is to say, “very.”

Dude. I have never heard Dennis laugh so hard as he did on this episode. He had me laughing. Hopefully he didn’t pull a muscle, lol.

2 weeks later
    #2905 2 years ago

So…Zach is Pinky and Dennis is The Brain…thoughts?

#2911 2 years ago

ZMeny Since you skipped deal of the WTF this week. This doozy just popped up for your next show. It has an ultra rare custom topper driving up the price about 8k.

Machine - For Sale
    As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Up for sale is my GBPRO, HUO in perfect condition. I’ve had the game for close to 4 years, and it never gave me up, never let me down, never ran around, and deserted me. It’s b...”
    2022-01-17
    Spartanburg, SC
    14,995 (OBO)
    Archived after: 1 day
    Viewed: 2736 times

#2920 2 years ago
    Quoted from dtrimberger:

Just checking in to admit that I "poof".

Real men poof.

#2933 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you’re thinking of boofing. Haha
    Actually looks like poofing is a thing too. Haha. Hilarious.

1 week later
    #2951 2 years ago

I am struggling to listen to this without “O Canada” being stuck in my head…weird.

3 weeks later
    #2996 2 years ago

No!!!…who will do the art on Bond and BTTF? Franchi and Kapow were a match made in heaven.

#3001 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

There is no BTTF, so that solves that problem.

Perfect! I am a Franchi junkie. I would buy an empty machine if his art was on it.

#3004 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Welcome to pinball 2022.
    rd

That is fair. I had that coming

#3005 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Love his art too, but each time he flies off the handle on social media it puts me a step closer towards selling my signed/framed BM66 Movie Poster. I just don't think "plays well with others" is on his report card, as good as his art is. Kind of feels like a "don't meet your heroes" situation unfortunately.

Yeah. Solid point. If you do sell it…lol.

#3025 2 years ago

ZMeny - With as much as you are hyping how hot Mando will be soon are we getting more than the topper and IC? Something else in the works…???

1 month later
    #3169 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Off The Record Pinball Podcast Episode 15: The Pinball Tapes Episode 1 - Cyclone
    Host: Zac Coligan
    One Game. One Episode. This Is The Pinball Tapes.
    Thanks again to Zac for submitting the pilot episode of The Pinball Tapes. Email us with your feedback to this new podcast and whether you would like to hear future The Pinball Tapes episodes on The Pinball Network in the future!
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cabwn-11f07cb
    [quoted image]

I enjoyed this podcast. Would love to hear more of Zac Coligan on TPN.

#3181 2 years ago

ZMeny - We would love to have you visit Colorado. Just stay on the front range. If you saw all those ski lifts we have in the mountains with just a bar across your lap you would stroke out!

1 week later
    #3258 2 years ago

blueberryjohnson was great. Hope he comes back for more.

1 week later
    #3306 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 99: Pinball Manifesto & The Amazing Andrew Moskos
    Host: Zach Meny
    Special Guest Cohost: Andrew Moskos, Co-Founder Of Boom Chicago - Amsterdam
    - The Moskos Origin Story & Body Of Work
    - Getting Jason Sudeikis Into Pinball
    - Pinball Celebrities
    - An Ode To Steve Ritchie
    - Tony Pepperoni: The Dialed In! Characters
    - It's A Wrap: Nearly Getting Bumped For Ted Lasso
    - Pinball Manifesto: Improving The Game For Beginners & Reaching Mainstream
    - The Glory Days Of Pinball Are Among Us NOW
    - Trigger Warning: Fixing Competitive Pinball
    - Zachary "A Pioneer Before His Time" Meny
    - AP Hires Sonic Designer, But Did They Forget The Hedgehog?
    - You Think You Want A Sonic The Hedgehog Pinball Machine...But Ya Don't
    - Haggis Bringing Sexy Back
    - The '90s Are Headed To Pinball
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Passive-Aggressive Bed Farts
    Follow, Like, and Subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN) - The Industry Leader In Pinball Broadcasting
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-sendx-121678b
    [quoted image]

What happens when Sudeikis takes you up on your offer and requests an EHOH 40th?

Great show. I would like to hear Moskos again in the future.

#3309 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I’d tell his rich ass to pony up. Elvira 40th happens if I get a couple lines in a Ted Lasso episode hahaha

Now that would be truly awesome!

1 week later
    #3319 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Episode 17: Getting Comfy Now That Tom Is Back
    Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie
    Come join us on this episode where we catch up with Tom and discuss lots of things including swapping RUSH for G&R, our thoughts on Toy Story and JJP’s lighting, we crap on Travis’ clothing choices, speculate on pinball prices, go over some tournament lingo, and laugh along the way.
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tripledrain
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tripledrainpodcast/
    Email: [email protected]
    Merch: https://silverballswag.com/collections/triple-drain-pinball-podcast
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-d3729-12228ba
    [quoted image]

So are we getting a picture of this ridiculously oversized hoodie? With as much as Tom was busting up I have to believe a pic would be epic.

#3321 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I hope someone snapped a pic of this mythical Snuggie-Hoodie

I’ll donate $100 to TPNs charity of choice if a pic of it being worn is posted here.

#3324 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Travis says pay up!!!!
    I also don’t believe this picture. I swear his shrug is making it look shorter than it really is. That thing is ridiculous.
    [quoted image]

Amazing! I’m not going to lie. It looks pretty snuggly. As promised here is the charitable donation.

3DB3E656-CC35-4990-AD93-20D37A98B8B4 (resized).png3DB3E656-CC35-4990-AD93-20D37A98B8B4 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #3358 1 year ago

Tap that glass!

4 months later
    #3746 1 year ago

The latest Beatles code added spinner champ as well. I think it is a fun score to chase. Hopefully it becomes more prevalent.

2 weeks later
    #3770 1 year ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

This clip of Dennis laughing hysterically will be perfect for his villain origin story/documentary in a few years.

I was legitimately worried he wasn’t going to be able to breathe.

1 month later
    #3867 1 year ago

Please don’t ever do the low key market trends again! I look forward to that eagle making my ears bleed!

1 month later
    #3962 1 year ago

I hope whoever fake ordered the 60th has gone on a special list. What a douche move.

1 week later
    #3990 1 year ago

Good award show last night. I predict this is going to be a rough morning for Amanda.

1 week later
    #4022 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Those two Canadian co-hosts sure have a hard time keeping on topic and being succinct with a story. Not sure if one of them was trying to be funny by not getting to a point, but it was a rough listen and I had to bail out.

They were probably hopped up on maple syrup. I wouldn’t sweat it.

1 week later
    #4056 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

‘F’ for Fun or for F-14 jet or for Great?
    You’re not alone, plenty of people dislike the goat and the eagle and the loon and the owl and the peacock

Every time I hear that Eagle I look for the nearest United States flag to admire. Similar feeling as to when the F-16s from Buckley fly over my house.

2 weeks later
    #4097 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I had a 9 hour round trip yesterday to pickup a pin. When I finished listening to my normal podcasts, I decided to check out some pinball podcasts. Pinball Party was first on the list, so it was the path of least resistance when fiddling with Apple Play & driving 75mph.
    Pinball Party is now my new favorite pinball podcast and Jason my favorite host. I thought I listened to the first one or two, but at that time I guess it didn't jibe with me. I remember thinking Jason was almost too polished sounding. Like I was listening to a radio host or whatever with pinball talking points. Not a bad thing, but didn't sound genuine to me. Maybe not, but that's my recollection.
    I started with this latest episode and worked my way down (skipping the Danesi interview. P3 = Don't care). The regular guests of Nudge guy and operator guy are welcome additions and provide interesting thoughts and opinions to the discussions. Really liking the chemistry of all three guys and also the appearances of the operator's arcade owner wife. She came across as knowledgeable and having plenty of experience to back up what she said and most importantly was interesting.
    I appreciate the honest opinions of games, such as Halloween, Scooby, Bond 60th, stupid prices, etc. When each podcast begins with lathering up Flipping Out for the first 5 minutes, I was skeptical this wouldn't be a spinoff of the Pinball Show. Happily it's not and I can listen at 1x speed and never had to drum solo the 30 second skip button (aside from skipping to the 5 min mark each episode).
    However, and this needs to be said....holy shit, that award show episode SUCKED. Not because of the content, the conversations were mostly interesting, but they kept being derailed by Amanda. When other people are talking, she has to let them finish their sentences before jumping in and interrupting...and then be sure you're contributing to the conversation.....no one cares about anyone else's dreams. If you listened, then you know. We need to hear what everyone says one at a time.
    Looking forward the the next episode. Pretty sure I actually subbed to it so I know when a new one is out.

The Danesi episode was really good. If I recall it was mostly focused on Scott’s background and his games prior to P3 with a heavy emphasis on TNA and the music. If you find time I would give it a try.

1 month later
    #4158 1 year ago

joelbob - I will gladly buy the lunchbox just to stick it to Tom and Travis. Make it so.

#4162 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Are you familiar with Triple Drain? This is what they do. They take the piss out of each other while talking pinball throughout, and I for one am a fan!
    You have a fast forward button, this is 100% within your control.

Ha. Yeah I tune in for the banter as much as the pinball content. Enjoy the format for sure.

#4163 1 year ago

Make that Patreon only information and watch the hysteria ensue. Hell I will up my TPS Patreon level just to see this!

#4188 1 year ago

It is ok to get paid to do something you love. I love my job and I am thankful I get paid to do it.

#4197 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

There is 1 hour and 45 minutes of free podcast this week.

"There are tons of places to hear people talk about pinball for free..." Yes, The Pinball Show has an hour and 45 minutes worth of podcast for free this week.

ummm....our secrets are YUUUUGE!

Great news! We can sign you up at the Supporter Level at $0 a month! FREE Podcasts, FREE Information, FREE Comedy (ugh, that one's tough because we weave gold), and FREE Kriesel Sighs

Thanks for the feedback and yes the first couple of weeks we have been speaking about the Membership and Perks more than we typically will, but anything new like this needs to be discussed initially moreso than not. And nicely done supporting Dennis on EGP; I'm sure he is appreciative.

We actually are providing FREE podcasts, no need to pay for anything. We are providing more than what you are suggesting as well for the $10 a month, so that's even better for ya. Dennis and I do not control if TPN Podcasts do or do not Patreon. We are hands off and allow content creators to create whatever they want.

Damn It! THAT'S IT! Thank you.

If you truly loved the hobby you would be paying me to listen. I will PM you my Venmo info.

#4216 1 year ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Perhaps he is referring to the fact that your financial means are looking quite comfortable. You have many many machines, go on fancy vacations, speak of your purchases on your podcast. It is maybe weird for someone in your fairly privileged position to ask for money from some people that maybe can't really afford this hobby, but still sticks with it for the love of said hobby.
    I do feel many here are well to do (lord knows I've seen some breathtaking homes while in this hobby), but not everyone is so lucky.

The man had/has an above ground pool. Everybody knows that no well off person would be caught dead with an above ground pool.

#4237 12 months ago

WildRover - Please have Blake back again. He makes a great third host with you and Cale.

#4274 11 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Wait, you didn't like The Pinball Show Starting Lineup segment?! GASP, I didn't think that was possible.

I was offended the top tier was ONLY $100. So, in protest, I just did the $10 tier. You really screwed yourself!

#4297 11 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I was even offering that up on a platter for him…and even so, I’m still right

You are right in the same way my wife has never been wrong…

#4314 11 months ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

Yeah Zach f*ck you guy!

That’s the first thought that goes through my head everyone morning when I wake up! He has me so worked up with this Patreon shit. I was working on solving world hunger but have completely pivoted to this travesty in pinball where podcasters have Patreon. We WILL get to the bottom of this. I even joined his Patreon so I could dismantle this craziness from the inside.

#4321 11 months ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

Word, just trying to lighten the tension is all. Carry on!

Same. My attempt at humor was apparently as well received as Zach’s.

1 month later
    #4450 10 months ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Zach’s great, but why not have Meff do some of your chores?

No chance Meff does chores. He would just tell Jason to get fucked.

6 months later
    #4712 3 months ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Enjoyed the podcast... you guys do a great job.
    I have a totally different take on the overall reaction to Jaws. I wouldn't extrapolate a small echo chamber of folks talking about a shark eating the ball to the "pinball community." I'd say the vast majority of folks fall into a camp of excited about the game, ball eating or not. I know a few dozen people decided to pound their keyboards about it... but I think most folks are looking forward to everything the game has to offer.
    Cheers, Triple Drain! Keep the fun talk coming!
    T

Agreed. I don’t care one bit about the shark eating the ball. Bash toys are fun. They also add some randomness.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=thekaiser82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.