(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,825 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1255 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Hilton I have no clue the point you’re trying to make here haha. Help me better understand.
    My top 5 sdtm reviewed games (also the only As I’ve given) include the number 1 game being a B/W (I don’t sell those new ), 2 B/W, 2 Stern, and a JJP. Only one of the top 5 I sell. What am I missing?

I actually think u guys do a great job of rating games

#1276 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Love you man! Just didn’t understand the resale comparison. It’s Saul Goodman.

you gotta love Saul Goodman

#1290 3 years ago

sounds like American Pinball needs to get their marketing department in order....if they have strong opinions on reveal than they should do it them selves or at a minimum be actively involved with a third party in developing the messaging.....not sure why anyone would ever do free marketing for these guys if this is their response.

#1297 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

What is this „this“ you‘re referring to?

Basically AP having them take down the video and edit....Listen to the podcast

#1335 3 years ago
    Quoted from protocol_j:

I haven’t seen either of the aforementioned parties airing their dirty laundry or discussing inside baseball. Happy to revise my statement if that’s not true.

Maybe theres some dirty laundry being aired, but the way I see it its his content. He did 100% of the work to create it so he should be able to do what he wants. Clearly he's doing it do drive sales so he can line his pockets (which is exactly what he should do). This is 100% AP's issue. If they didn't want anyone promoting their game then they should do it all themselves....AP sounds like amateur hour when it comes to promotion and content.

#1355 3 years ago

I'm really not sure why one has an issue with the other? One basically is a hired gun for Stern, and is paid to pimp their games. Typically shows game play to the best of his ability.....Zach on the other hand does unboxing videos, provides game insight/opinions, and promotes the games so he can make sales. In reality they should complement each other as they both have the same goals and JD doesn't sell games (at least to my knowledge).

#1370 3 years ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

Why is a stern distributor and AP distributor banned from the channel if there’s no drama and it’s all one sided?

Are they really banned? Rookie move if thats the case!

#1379 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

We definitely cannot chat on his streams. Not sure when it started though. I’ve been noticing it for a while when I pop in to a stream of his.

Sounds like he's a little sensitive !

#1419 3 years ago
    Quoted from protocol_j:

Look, I love puppet theater as much as the next guy, but you can’t tell me to be quiet while a man is continuing to be doxxed over something stupid. None of us should.

Listen unless AP paid SDTM and gave them a game so they can produce a marketing video for AP then AP should have ZERO say in what they do with their content....not sure why thats hard to understand? These guys don't spend hours upon hours producing content for nothing. Clearly they do it to promote games so they can increase sales....they own it...end of story

2 years later
    #4191 11 months ago

I used to enjoy listening to their podcasts, but $10 / month is a joke....are there really any secrets? Nope just opinions and insight

3 months later
    #4562 8 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

As a consumer, I'm likin' this mini revolution from a few distros regarding their "make me an offer" deals on unsold inventory. As Dennis points out, the current model of not allowing distros to sell below MSRP is antiquated and makes zero sense. Many distros, including a friend of mine, are sitting on scores of TS4, Godfather and James Bond 60th pins that they might be able to move if they were allowed to lower the price. I'm also seeing quite a few popping the box and selling the pins as "used". Can't say I blame them.

It's pretty simple math problem for distributors. I don't know the distributor margins or the payment terms with the manufacture, but if the margins are small, and they need to pay upfront for everything than it puts the distributor in a bad situation if they can't turn games quickly. They really have no choice, but to discount otherwise they don't survive. My guess is this is already quietly happening as they have no choice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.