(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

Hey Zach...is that the final rundown?

Another podcaster just posted a picture welcoming him to TPN.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Hey Zach...is that the final rundown?
    Another podcaster just posted a picture welcoming him to TPN.

Update: Confirmed not true.

#25 4 years ago

Tried to follow/subscribe on Facebook and the only “Pinball Network” I can find on there is an Australian guy.

1 week later
    #214 4 years ago

A nice gesture would be for the person that registered thepinballnetwork.com give it to Zach.

Yeah; Zach should have grabbed the domain name a long time ago, but it would build much needed goodwill for Kan....I mean whoever has it.

#262 4 years ago

Just listened....pretty good first show. Ken seems to be a good balance.

Example: Zach talks about how it’s not necessary to play a game before buy buy buying it, whereas Ken strongly disagrees. They kept some of the elements from the old TWIP podcast which is nice.

Bummer that Zach & Greg won’t be hosting the TWIPYs.

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you listen to ANY podcast? I listen on apples podcast app. EVERY podcast I listen to is there. This is hows it’s been done forever. Get the RSS feed and load it to whatever app you use for podcasts.

Although I use the Apple podcast app, I still occasionally listen to podcasts on Soundcloud's website.

#389 4 years ago

Good episode. You have to convince Dennis "voice of reason" Kriesel to join you full time.

Love it when he hosts.

#406 4 years ago

This cracked me up.

At the 43 minute mark while discussing if the UV kit should have been included free for LE buyers. Dennis thinks it should have; Zach disagrees.

Zach: "ehhh"

Dennis: "Don't you ehhh with your shilling nonsense!"

#409 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

For the record I think your comments are much more poisonous than what anyone says or doesnt say on a pinball podcast. Sorry you arent liking some of the FREE PINBALL CONTENT being offered.

Lots of talk about Zach & Dennis but Ken deserves huge credit as always for keeping the show moving and providing objective concise commentary.

Having said that, the fact that something is free shouldn't absolve it from critique although Delt could have probably gotten his point across less harshly.

#434 4 years ago

This kind of reminds me of a restaurant critic that writes for our local newspaper.

She's been there for years and has never written one negative review. The fear that she would offend a potential advertiser in a time when newspapers really need them supersedes her objectivity. Every restaurant gets an "A".

It would be no different if the CEO of AMC Theaters reviewed movies.

I like the show (and Zach) but the next time Zach says something negative about a current Stern machine he's selling will be the first time Zach says something negative about a current Stern machine he's selling.

#476 4 years ago

Jason just posted on Facebook that Slap Save is done and why he's no longer with TPN.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=slap%20save%20pinball&epa=SEARCH_BOX

#570 4 years ago

Last week, TPN had a show everyday.....Nothing since Monday including no midweek show from Zach & Co.

#572 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Tomorrow (Friday) "The Plumb with Krystle Gemnich" will air on The Pinball Network.
    Many of the shows that aired during the first week are not weekly shows. Some are every other week or even once per month. There are additional shows that are in the works and will be added to the rotation when ready. We will be able to provide an updated calendar/schedule in the coming weeks that will make it easy to know when each show is scheduled to air.
    The flagship podcast "The Pinball Show" will be airing every Monday with Zach Meny and Ken Cromwell. Dennis Kriesel joins The Pinball Show every other week when not recording for Eclectic Gamers Podcast.

Good news...Thank you!

#672 4 years ago

Good show although I can't be the only one that wished that Zach would have just ordered a %$#@ third topping and let the poor kid get on with his shift.

1 week later
    #848 4 years ago

I'm gonna have nightmares tonight of Rumplestiltskin being chased by a murder of crows.

#874 4 years ago

For the most part, I listen to podcasts while I'm at the gym on a treadmill so I like the longer format.

I can always fast forward if I'm not into whatever's being discussed.

1 month later
    #1006 4 years ago

Edit: I’m a dope. I got Ken and Dennis mixed up.(Listening to the show and I’m excited to hear that Dennis will now be weekly!)

1 month later
    #1117 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Can we just have Craig for now on as cohost and no more Dennis please. His personality really kills the vibe of the show, hard to listen to someone be contradicting all the time just for the sake of being contradicting. Downvote me for my opinion, I don’t care.

Not gonna downvote you....just couldn't disagree more.

I love his dry wit which is why he is so popular on the show. Dennis and Zach have great chemistry.

#1136 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Just listened back (thanks for the time stamp) and I assure you, me screaming out Pinball Market Trends is a reflection of my excitement rather than intentionally making people angry. Pinball Market Trends represents love and support and fun and hard facts and numbers.
    My apologizes for the intensity of the enthusiasm though.
    To listeners, if I was better at audio editing I would know about balancing such things. I do run basic compression on the audio files and painstakingly try to balance everything out. For example, when interviewing Jon from JackBar I went in and cut every piece of his audio and changed the db so his sound loudness better matched mine. Every single comment he made. So I am spending a very very very very long time on these edits and wish I was more efficient and better at it. Hopefully that will come with time. My entire Sunday is spent recording and editing the Monday show every week.
    Thanks to those with constructive feedback and I will try to figure out a way to better modify that.
    JP Topper release will make for an exciting (but not too loud) discussion between myself and the diabolical Dennis Kriesel! Tune in Monday to hear our takes!

So I want to publicly apologize to Zach for being so critical of him in the past. It's fun to pile on about his shilling, but the guy does have a business to run. That's why Dennis is the perfect foil (not to mention one of very few people who can make me laugh out loud). The last volley I threw at Zach was saying that he and Kaneda are more alike than he realizes. (I listen to both shows)

I think I turned the corner on Zach when he got choked up talking about giving his son a project (watch a movie) and the resistance he got. Suddenly I remembered all the heartache that went into raising a teenager. I may not always agree with everything he says, but it's easy to tell that Zach is a decent human being and a genuinely nice guy. We recently sold our home and bought a smaller condo so I had to sell all 12 of my pins, but I'm eventually going to buy a NIB for our new place and will call Flippin' Out.

I recently friended Zach on Facebook and was going to apologize there but since Pinside is the place I've given him so much shit in the past, this seems like the right place.

#1214 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

What recent pinball machines deserve an F grade?

Does Punny Factory count?

#1299 3 years ago

Another good show but lay off Animal Crossings, will ya'? (Yeah...I'm addicted)

#1457 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Yes, don't miss the end where they mock Kaneda and pretend he sent them a letter. I was actually enjoying the show up until that part.

Seriously? If you listen to Chris' show like I do, this is mild compared to some of the stuff he says about others, especially Zach. It's all in good fun, but the notion that Chris is exempt from a little playful jab is pretty silly.

2 weeks later
    #1623 3 years ago

Good show Zach although as a diehard SCTV fan (check my avatar) everytime you pronounced Rick Moranis as "Rick More-anus" I let out a Dennis Kriesel sigh.

4 weeks later
    #1683 3 years ago

Another terrific show, especially since there's almost zero pinball news lately.

Dennis "The guy that looks nothing like you think he would after hearing his voice" Kriesel had me cracking up at his indignation about the whole doughnut/donut FB thread.

I think he would be a dry, yet FDA recommended, nutritious donut.

#1690 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

TOP 10 TPN STREAM CLIPS OF JULY 2020! Enjoy...

No show this week?

4 weeks later
    #1744 3 years ago

Good to hear from all of the correspondents for the first time in awhile.

So what's the deal with beeping out Den Den's f bombs but keeping yours uncensored?

Not complaining....just curious.

1 week later
    #1773 3 years ago

I love when Dennis gets pissed off. (Even better uncensored!)

#1782 3 years ago

Me while listening: "Ugh....Zach's singing again."

Me two hours after listening to the podcast: ""Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...she's got the look".

2 weeks later
    #1817 3 years ago

Well, there’s a first for everything. Zach is right and Dennis is wrong.

I’m in total agreement with Zach on the shoes off in the house debate. Surprising stance from Den Den as he’s always so Covidcentric (if that’s a word.) I’ve always removed my shoes before visiting friends and almost all have told me how much they appreciate it.

Hey Zach...I got this sign off of Amazon and it works great!

931C0895-16BC-4C71-B668-53C17892110C (resized).jpeg931C0895-16BC-4C71-B668-53C17892110C (resized).jpeg
    3 months later
    #2022 3 years ago

Wait....so "Pinball Market Trends" is trademarked but not "The Pinball Show"?

1 week later
    #2053 3 years ago

Just curious..

Have you had any complaints with issues streaming TPS on Apple Podcasts? All of my other shows stream flawlessly except for yours which stops/starts often.

2 months later
    #2199 3 years ago

Den Den will always be #1, but Amanda was an excellent co-host. Smart, funny and entertaining.

She needs her own show on TPN.

2 weeks later
    #2308 2 years ago

Apologies for going off/on(?) topic, but as a hardcore BNL fan who's seen them live a dozen times, including their first U.S. tour for "Gordon", I really enjoyed the Ed Robertson interview on Final Round Podcast.

Super enjoyable. I really need to listen to Final Round more often. Marty & Jeff are a fun combo. I think the reason I've avoided the podcast in the past is because I have zero interest in tournament play, but I can always skip over those parts.

Well done.

#2326 2 years ago

I dunno...I think Delt may have a point.

Just finished up my hike while listening to the latest episode of The Pinball Show. As soon as I got home, I immediately ordered a Mando from Flip N Out.

I'm pretty weak minded and I think Zach sublimally forced me to order from his company. Forget the fact that he's a honest businessman and a really nice guy. There are dozens of distributors I could have ordered from. Yet I ordered from Flip N Out.... Coincidence? I think not!

Damn you, Zach!!!!!

#2329 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Muahaha exxxxxcellent.

You Sir are an evil genius.

1 week later
    #2337 2 years ago

Have to drive 9 hours tomorrow.

This will help make an hour and a half of it more tolerable. Thanks.

1 week later
    #2351 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

The last 7 minutes were Golden. Well done.

Yeah...I was on my hike and laughing hard.

Timely too even though it was recorded before his latest "mistake".

#2358 2 years ago

"Acapolka"???????

Bummer to hear about Stern delay issues. Really looking forward to my Mando.

#2361 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Haha, yes, let me correct. I meant to say "a cappella" and I think I was saying Alcapulco instead. Or mixing them both into an abomination. I felt like I was getting something wrong but obviously not enough to stop and check!
    Alcapulco is a city and I have no idea if T-Pain performed there before. A cappella is to perform without instruments, which I thought I've heard him do before. I know YouTube has some studio session stuff if you'd like to hear him without autotune (but there's usually at least some instrumental accompanying him).

Kudos to Zach for calling you out on it the first time you said it but not saying anything the second time.

1 month later
    #2438 2 years ago

Damn...Now I want one of those Mario smart watches.

#2440 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Sadly they sold out super (hehe) fast. But if willing to pay a premium I hear some are flipping them on eBay.
    [quoted image]

Sold price....Oof. ebay.com link: itm

#2451 2 years ago

Great news on Mando Pro production. Getting excited!

One question....Did you borrow Franchi's soundboard? So many drops in this episode.

#2456 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I have my own soundboard thank you! Hahaha I’ve been dropping silly cuts on sdtm and Twip podcast for years. How else did BUY BUY BUY come to be the pinball viral sensation that it has become?

1 week later
    #2474 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Steve has a difficult time hearing my voice (my broken southern English and my low range). But, I sure would love to hear a JJP Podcast with him very soon because he and Ken go back.

Not sure it has anything to do with your voice.

I had breakfast with Steve one time and most of the time was spent with him turning to his wife and saying "What did he say"?

I am a stuttering mushmouth although Steve's hearing is really bad.

1 month later
    #2585 2 years ago

Another terrific episode. Really appreciated the transparency regarding the TWIP situation.

2 months later
    #2765 2 years ago

As an audiophile, my head hurt when Zach admitted to not knowing the difference between an LP and a 45.

...also, it's rare when there was a second hit on the flipside of a 45. The record companies would generally put the worst track of the album on there.

Hey Zach....Have you considerd a CD jukebox? They still make cds and you'll get the entire album on there.

1 month later
    #2909 2 years ago

Not as bad as the Heart faux pas, but Toto had more than "one song".

We're talkin' "Africa" (#1), "Hold The Line" (#5), "Rosanna" (#2), "I'll Be Over You" (#11), and "I Won't Hold You Back" (#10) along with lesser Top 40 hits like "Georgie Porgie", "99" and "Pamela".

#2914 2 years ago
    Quoted from hisokajp:

what was the link of that FB thread? I want to see the back of the WPT

1BF3D904-2D4C-406C-8B45-84EB980A30BD_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg1BF3D904-2D4C-406C-8B45-84EB980A30BD_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #2966 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dan1733:

The production updates are the most important part of the show. Its the news that is the most difficult to accurately acquire through another source. And I would trust the show's reliability above a lot of the content on the PS thread.

Exactly. One of my favorite parts of the show. I'm on Flip N Out's list for a Mando topper and was really pleased with the update.

1 month later
    #3161 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I listened because the post said that Dennis was hosting solo. Otherwise this podcast is a rare listen these days due to everything I mentioned.
    I enjoy plenty of pinball podcasts. Triple Drain, Slam Tilt, silverball chronicles, the one with two guys Marty and Jeff. Common denominator? They all come off as genuine and real, not acting like a character and putting on a bit.

I listen to quite a few pinball podcasts. They keep my mind occupied while doing my hike.

My favorite is when Zach & Dennis host The Pinball Show. Yeah, I know, it's all subjective but I really like the interplay between them.

There's a couple of podcasts I can't stand but the last thing I would do is go in their thread and insult them. I just simply don't listen to them.

1 week later
    #3257 2 years ago

As a lifelong stutterer, I wish my only complaint was an occasional "um" or "like".

Good job, Blueberry.

#3271 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Looks like someone is suggesting that just because you are "friends" with someone on a social media application that you are somehow responsible / accountable if they post a comment on your feed??

Yep. Jack hasn't hidden his distain for a couple of those folks in the past but to somehow try to link them to an unhinged comment from some idiot is really reaching.

1 month later
    #3360 1 year ago

Well done gents.

I hope you keep the video aspect of TPS. It really adds alot to the show.

I have to admit though I was a bit worried at the end when Zach started singing "La Bamba", that Dennis was going to get up and quit the show.

4 months later
    #3655 1 year ago

First off another great episode. Love me some Den Den.

I was a bit confused too. I admit that I subscribe to Chris' podcast mostly because I walk over 40 miles a week and consume as much pinball and other content as I can find. I hadn't heard him say much about you lately but I don't watch his Facebook Live streams anymore because they're usually a drunken embarrassment.

I'm sorry you're going through this. As much as he says he's matured and changed, I really don't see much difference in his behavior from when he was on Pinside, KLOV and other venues where he has since been banned. I'm now feeling kind of icky for subscribing.

On a side note, has Dennis ever even acknowledged his existence? I've listened to every TPS and EGP show and can't recall one time that he's mentioned him.

#3657 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Makes me think we should consider paywalling TPS. I don’t mind money

I'd pay!

But yeah, he continues to cross the line way too way times. With all due respect, I don't have an issue with him saying whoever was in charge of marketing James Bond should be fired. The game should have never been unboxed. This was Stern's worst reveal and they have always had an impeccable reputation for reveals. Everything else you mentioned, I 100% agree with.

#3659 1 year ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Alcohol makes people do and say things that they otherwise wouldn't. And no, that doesn't make it OK. Some people shouldn't drink. I'm one of those people, so I don't. Whenever this guy comes into the conversation, all I can think of is the video recording of his terrible behavior at NYCPC a few years ago. I was also privy to seeing more video of that night that never went public. Anyone that would dog cuss respected members of our little hobby and even throw a drink in the face to one, well... If there's any doubt I'm gonna take Zach's side in the argument every time.

Agreed. Zach and Nicole are honest people that run a terrific business. Pure class.

Sadly, most of the people who defend Chris weren't on Pinside before he was banned, don't know the stories of him throwing the drink in the Stern employee's face, ripping that kid off on the Wreck It Ralph, sending Robin threats, etc.

#3690 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Not sure how many times he has "buried the hatchet" with people he attacks without provocation. The only hatchet that gets buried consistently are the ones in the backs of people that make him feel insecure. He gets plenty of financial and listener support so no reason for him to change, other than just wanting to be a decent person. But, I'm not sure that would align with his goals in pinball, based on long history of past behavior.
    I am moving forward like I do a couple times every year when this happens, but I will never understand the blind support and excuses he receives from some of these pinball people. That will continue to baffle me and keep me alert.

Yeah; as entertaining as he can be, I can no longer in good conscious support the guy. I was one of the people making excuses for subscribing, but this has been weighing on my conscious so I'm tapping out. Like I mentioned earlier, Zach and Nicole are wonderful people that don't deserve the drama.

CB107BC6-50EF-4C7F-BCF0-AA2DE897D30F (resized).jpegCB107BC6-50EF-4C7F-BCF0-AA2DE897D30F (resized).jpeg
    6 months later
    #4179 1 year ago

Love TPS and totally understand why they took some of it behind the paywall.

I currently subscribe to 5 podcasts. All are $5 a month. I'm not sure why TPS went with a $10 minimum just as I don't understand why Eclectic Gamers Podcast went with a $1 minimum.

Absolutely love both shows but $5 a month is the sweet spot imo.

#4198 1 year ago

Hope it works out for you guys. More Zach & Dennis is a good thing.

If you reconsider and have a $5 a month tier like all of the other podcasts I subscribe to, I'm in.

#4210 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Appreciate the support buddy. I guess it all comes down to whether you value what other podcasters are giving for $5 vs what we provide for the $10.

With all due respect, I'm not talking about Chris. (I refuse to call him by his "alter EGO")

You and Dennis provide alot of entertainment in your podcast. So do the other podcasts I subscribe to who provide 2 hour shows every week that charge $5 a month.

To be honest, I would have no issue if you put the entire show behind a paywall and charged $5 a month. I'd sign up on day one.

Not trying to be critical. Like I mentioned earlier, I subscribe to several Patreon podcasts, most of which don't involve pinball. Some provide video feeds and bonus shows and do very well. The standard rate is $5 a month. One of many examples; https://www.patreon.com/whoarethesepodcasts

2 weeks later
    #4319 11 months ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Opinion: PantherCityPins voiced his thoughts here in a pretty honest and level-headed way, after supporting the podcast and network for several years (check his posts in the thread). The first time he has an opinion you guys disagree with, you feel the need to sarcastically reduce his viewpoint with stuff like this? I'd be peacing out too.
    The optics/messaging for the patreon rollout for TPS weren't the greatest, and that's fine-- whatever, water under the bridge. But the way the criticism is being responded to over the last couple pages is really disappointing. :/

Yeah, this has been disappointing to me too. To be honest, I'm kinda surprised that Dennis is onboard with the $10 a month vs the more traditional $5. He's usually the voice of reason which is why he's my favorite part of TPS.

3 weeks later
    #4379 10 months ago

I wish I could see Zachs' face when he was typing out this post.

#4384 10 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Pinball Party Podcast Episode 31: Kaneda 
    Host: Jason
    Guest: Kaneda
    Patreon: patreon.com/pinballparty
    Kaneda joins the show. We get to know him a little more and talk heavily about rumored games. We discuss his motivation for being a part of this weird pinball media world and some other nuances
    Show notes:
    - Godzilla topper lul
    - Effed up text
    - Kaneda joins the show
    - Getting to know Kaneda's balls
    - Harry Potter Pinball 
    - Matrix Pinball
    - Venom Pinball
    - Jaws Pinball
    - Elton John Pinball
    - Highway by Neon Dale
    - Epilogue...a lot of f*cks
    Patreon: patreon.com/pinballparty
    Email: [email protected]
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pinballpartypodcast
    Neon Dale: https://www.neondale.com  
    https://www.podbean.com/eas/pb-76pkk-142022a
    [quoted image]

BTW...you're a good sport for having him on TPN.

#4395 10 months ago

The thing that bugs me about Chris is his selective memory. I laugh everytime he says he has no idea why he was 86ed from Pinside. His behavior on here went way past trolling, especially when he was drunk.

Robin gave him chance after chance but finally had enough when Chris started sending him threatening messages.

#4404 10 months ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

all true but you left off the main reason. Chris had multiple masked accounts and after he’d get in trouble for a few days, he’d use one and pretend to be someone else. Breaking the #1 rule is reason for a lifetime ban with no chance for reconsideration. Chris was caught having alternate accounts on multiple occasions and was warned multiple times. Masking one’s identity or impersonating somebody is not permitted here. That and all the other stuff, yeah. Remember when Pinside enacted an account verification feature?
    IMO, Chris was banned for four reasons, all against the forum rules. One of them might get a person censored but all four is unacceptable. He knows this and should be able to recall them. He had multiple accounts (permanent ban), he constantly attacked members in threads, he sent threatening emails to Robin (permanent ban) and constantly trolled in his posts. And yes, he was the Master Troll.

Yep. He also had multiple accounts on EBay during that whole Fix It Felix fiasco.

1 month later
    #4536 8 months ago

Really good show. Dennis continues to be a pinball national treasure with his balanced and well thought out takes. My quick thoughts on why Venom hasn't sold as well as past Stern pins.

1) I agree with Zach on the timing issue but not because it's summer. It feels like Foo Fighters was just released. I know the schedule is in keeping with past Stern releases but this one somehow feels different.

2) The Foo Factor #2. As Zach mentioned, expectations weren't high for FF and Jack knocked it out of the park. FF is one of the best pins I've ever owned in my 40 plus years of collecting. Fair or not, in comparison Venom seems like kind of a letdown. IMO, the theme is kind of meh...I get it..pinball, like food and music, is subjective but this was the first Stern release in years that just kind of made me shrug, even after seeing gameplay.

3) Please don't yell at me Zach, but Dwight is a very polarizing coder. Also, some were also hoping for something stronger from Brain Eddy after Mando and his fan layout for Venom ain't it. Not at these prices.

Anyway, thank you both for providing the best pinball podcast out there.

#4538 8 months ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

Look closely as PismoArcade emerges with the increasingly rare 'civil' Pinside feedback. I'm giving Pismoarcade's feedback a 9.5/10. Would read again.

Thank you....Big fan of your show as well!

2 weeks later
    #4561 8 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Ep 135 BONUS is now available for your listening pleasure!
    The Pinball Show Episode 135 BONUS: Dutch Pinball - Past, Present, & Future
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/pinball-show-ep-87732760?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_creator&utm_content=join_link
    [quoted image]

As a consumer, I'm likin' this mini revolution from a few distros regarding their "make me an offer" deals on unsold inventory. As Dennis points out, the current model of not allowing distros to sell below MSRP is antiquated and makes zero sense. Many distros, including a friend of mine, are sitting on scores of TS4, Godfather and James Bond 60th pins that they might be able to move if they were allowed to lower the price. I'm also seeing quite a few popping the box and selling the pins as "used". Can't say I blame them.

2 months later
    #4628 6 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:The Pinball Show Episode 139: Labyrinth, Elton John, Elvira's Blood Red Kiss, Ninja Eclipse, Elements, & More!
    Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny
    - Chicago Pinball Expo 2023
    - Who Stole The Show?!
    - What Was The Biggest Surprise?!
    - Labyrinth Pinball Launch & Impressions
    - Elton John Launch & Impressions
    - Elvira's House Of Horrors Blood Red Kiss Special Edition
    - Ninja Eclipse Impressions
    - Elements Impressions
    - AND MORE!
    EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND TPS MEMBERSHIP CAN BE FOUND AT Patreon.com/thepinballshow
    Follow, like, and subscribe to The Pinball Show (TPS), the industry's most popular podcast!
    email: [email protected]
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballshow
    instagram: @thepinballshowpodcast
    tik tok: @thepinballshow
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    store: flipnoutpinball.com
    membership: patreon.com/thepinballshow
    https://www.podbean.com/eas/pb-4dpks-14d9757
    [quoted image]

Dammit! I've been saving up for a future unconfirmed title like Jaws, BTTF or (hopefully) BM66 60th edition and BOF drops this on us. Looks amazing, the gameplay videos looks like it's a blast, the build quality is great (most reliable game at Expo) and most importantly, it's wife approved. Seriously considering purchasing one and it looks like I better make up my mind quickly. Those 1100 will sell out.

Well done, BOF.

2 weeks later
    #4649 5 months ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Sounds like Jim J Bullock was dug up and joined TPN.

He's still alive.

3 months later
    #4765 71 days ago

Dave Fix put his ego and bombast above the company he works for and made a bad decision??? I'm shocked.....shocked I tell ya!

Franchi lecturing you on "Irresponsable broadcasting and false information" gave me a chuckle. I wish I had a dollar for every time he posted something on Facebook that wasn't for public consumption and eventually had to remove it.....Memba the cryptic George Gomez health scare post that he took down in record time?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

*you're right...the title was clickbaity but it worked in my case as I finally subscribed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=pismoarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.