(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast Ep 21: Live Or Die - Make Your Ch

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,812 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png
    triple_drain_new_logo_sz5v26 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 7.45.45 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballgalore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4037 1 year ago

I love “figure it out”.
    The sound byte is awesome, catchphrase is great, but it’s getting a little over-used in the episodes. To the point where from something you look forward to hearing a few times an episode, it’s used every couple minutes and the charm is starting to wear off.

#4041 1 year ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

Noted, and I agree. Appreciate the feedback

PS love love love the show
    Thank you!

#4051 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 66: Commentators
    Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins
    You've waited long enough! We GUARANTEE this is the BEST podcast you will hear while listening to it (please turn off all others while listening to ours). We're not going to spoil the details, but an ol' fav is back! Plus, you might learn a thing or two. Or not.
    Direct Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram: @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin
    https://www.podbean.com/eas/pb-658c8-1392d65
    [quoted image]

I wonder if they get all dressed up like that for their regular podcast. This show rocks

1 week later
    #4068 1 year ago

6 days… it’s getting tough

DA2022D0-E0D5-4CC1-BB3A-9D1D42A87CC0 (resized).jpegDA2022D0-E0D5-4CC1-BB3A-9D1D42A87CC0 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #4098 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I had a 9 hour round trip yesterday to pickup a pin. When I finished listening to my normal podcasts, I decided to check out some pinball podcasts. Pinball Party was first on the list, so it was the path of least resistance when fiddling with Apple Play & driving 75mph.
    Pinball Party is now my new favorite pinball podcast and Jason my favorite host. I thought I listened to the first one or two, but at that time I guess it didn't jibe with me. I remember thinking Jason was almost too polished sounding. Like I was listening to a radio host or whatever with pinball talking points. Not a bad thing, but didn't sound genuine to me. Maybe not, but that's my recollection.
    I started with this latest episode and worked my way down (skipping the Danesi interview. P3 = Don't care). The regular guests of Nudge guy and operator guy are welcome additions and provide interesting thoughts and opinions to the discussions. Really liking the chemistry of all three guys and also the appearances of the operator's arcade owner wife. She came across as knowledgeable and having plenty of experience to back up what she said and most importantly was interesting.
    I appreciate the honest opinions of games, such as Halloween, Scooby, Bond 60th, stupid prices, etc. When each podcast begins with lathering up Flipping Out for the first 5 minutes, I was skeptical this wouldn't be a spinoff of the Pinball Show. Happily it's not and I can listen at 1x speed and never had to drum solo the 30 second skip button (aside from skipping to the 5 min mark each episode).
    However, and this needs to be said....holy shit, that award show episode SUCKED. Not because of the content, the conversations were mostly interesting, but they kept being derailed by Amanda. When other people are talking, she has to let them finish their sentences before jumping in and interrupting...and then be sure you're contributing to the conversation.....no one cares about anyone else's dreams. If you listened, then you know. We need to hear what everyone says one at a time.
    Looking forward the the next episode. Pretty sure I actually subbed to it so I know when a new one is out.

I usually have a hard time listening to any show or episode Amanda is on. Sorry, nothing at all personal obviously, just not my cup of tea.

#4104 1 year ago

These podcasts are like new pinball reveals. You go on forever with not a single episode you haven’t heard and then boom! 3-4 new episodes in 2 days coming at you from all over the place.

Thanks for all the entertainment, love the shows

2 weeks later
    #4124 1 year ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

Anyone going to MGC?! I'll be there Saturday.

Great episode. Love the logo

3 weeks later
    #4201 11 months ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

I guess the real question for me would be; is the patreon ad & commercial free?
    If it’s not then i probably wouldn’t bother… not that I’m predisposed to paying for content anyways but for the sake of this conversation. I like the pinball info and the fun banter and I’m not bothered by ads and promos on the podcast because that’s how they make money. But if I was paying for it and also had to listen to ads and promos then I have to pass.

That’s right.
    You can’t Shill AND Bill

#4242 11 months ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

Oh you mean BalkeBoy? I'll pass on the kind words if he doesn't see them.

So about checking under the cabinet…. My IJ which I picked up in the past year, has the whole front part of the underside, say the bottom third of the cabinet, all swollen for God knows what reason. It’s holding strong and everything is in place, but if you stick your fingers to pick up the machine, some of that wood will come off in a dusty manner and it don’t feel nice. Couldn’t miss it when picking up, but if it were shipped and there wasn’t a disclosure, I wouldn’t have any other way of knowing til I got the game… so there’s one good reason I guess

2 weeks later
    #4332 10 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Silverball Chronicles with David and Ron
    Episode 30 – “Pinball’s Centenarian – Wayne Neyens”
    Want to Support the Show? Visit Our Patreon at www.patreon.com/silverballchronicles  or pick up a t-shirt at 
    https://silverballswag.com/collections/silverball-chronicles 
    Topic Starts at 9:10
    Episode Summary 
    A Centenarian is someone linked to longevity, someone who has seen it all come and go, then be reinvented again. Wayne Neyens is pinball's Centenarian; he was there at the beginning, and he was there when it ended… a couple of times… and he witnessed the rebirth we now see today before his passing at age 104. He was the last of his pinball generation, the last of the woodrail masters and the man who gave his whole life to making people smile at the silverball. 
    This month Dave and Ron discuss growing up in the Great Depression, 1930’s cubicles, Westerns, Jimmy Johnson, Harry Mabs, The Gottlieb - David Gottlieb, Wayne’s most popular games like Slick Chick and Kings and Queens, Add-A-Ball and Wedgeheads, the amazing artist Roy Parker AND we make fun 1940’s radio voices! 
    Sources can be found at thepinballnetwork.podbean.com
    https://www.podbean.com/eas/pb-htb8e-1409879
    [quoted image]

Thought chatgpt could educate us all. As someone who grew up in South Africa I love the Canadian-us banter on pronunciation, so I thought I’d let you know that American ZEE has to be the odd one out, whereas the English ZED is the original. If you’re gonna speak English, might as well not have any Dutch in it :

The difference in pronunciation of the letter "z" between Americans and the English can be traced back to the 18th century. At that time, the English language was undergoing a standardization process, and the pronunciation of certain letters was being standardized. The letter "z" was pronounced as "zed" in England, and this pronunciation was adopted as the standard.

In the United States, however, the pronunciation of the letter "z" as "zee" was already in use. This pronunciation likely originated from the Dutch language, which was spoken by many early settlers in the United States. In Dutch, the letter "z" is pronounced as "zee," and this pronunciation was likely adopted by English speakers in the United States.

Over time, the pronunciation of the letter "z" as "zee" became firmly established in American English, while the pronunciation of "zed" remained the standard in England and other English-speaking countries.

#4333 10 months ago

And btw I’m really enjoying the episode, maybe David gottleib himself should be the next in line? Have an awesome Sunday and thanks for a great show! WildRover that goes for this weeks episode of PP too.

1 month later
    #4482 9 months ago

So Knapp arcade got himself a mic…..

Will he be joining TPN?

1 week later
    #4496 8 months ago

I could never understand why he always says “and I mean it/this….” Every second sentence. What does that say about everything else he blabs about?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballgalore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=pinballgalore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.