(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,832 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by jonnyqtrek
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#372 4 years ago

There has been some amazing content this week! The only one I haven't listed to yet is Ron and Dennis, but I was detained by listening to Ron and Bruce! Great to hear Zach again! My favorite has been Jeff T with Martin. But since I am a competition player that was to be expected. I wasn't too crazy about the Silverball Stories, but I think maybe just because it was quite different from what I'm used to and I will certainly give it another chance.

One question. When does Macho join the team? Ohhh Reahhh!

#553 4 years ago

No, there are several existing twitch channels sporting the TPN logo, but AFAIK there is not a TPN channel on Twitch.

#654 4 years ago

Listened to The Plumb yesterday. Just some honest feedback. Krystle G seems very intelligent and also very knowledgeable about pinball. What I don't understand is why was there a 15 minute episode of just "this is who I am and this is what the show is going to be about", but no actual show? I do realize it's good to have some background info, but for a first episode, it wasn't really an episode. Not a criticism, just an observation. I will certainly tune in to future episodes to hear more about the folks who organize shows, TD tourneys, run leagues, etc.

#697 4 years ago

Zach Meny, for the love of God, STOP SINGING! I keed, I keed. No really, stop singing.

Hell Bruce Nightingale sings better and he can't ever get the words right. LOL

#742 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You're an awesome singer Zach! Dont let anyone tell you any different buddy.

Oh hell no. I love Zach but he can't sing worth a s$#t!

#849 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe in Indiana.
    Looks like a grinder to me!

Hoagies and Grinders, Hoagies and Grinders, Navy Beans, Navy Beans, Meatloaf Sandwich.... LOL

#885 4 years ago

It was really weird hearing Ken just interject a few words every now and then. If you can't all be on the recording at the same time I would just go with who you have live. The editing thing was weird and didn't work seamlessly at all. Other than that, I enjoyed the podcast and keep up the good work!

1 week later
    #954 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I thought I heard Zach lump you in with the Market Trends naysayers during the last episode. But I'm glad to see that you're on the right side of history Ken!
    Of course you're still on the wrong side of Mousin' Around...but no ones perfect!

And he don't know diddly about Guardians of the Galaxy! LOL

2 weeks later
    #1005 4 years ago

Speechless, gonna miss you man.

1 week later
    #1022 4 years ago

I haven't listed to this one yet but I had to laugh. Topper Talk! I bet Dennis cringed all the way through that one!

#1038 4 years ago

Zach and the fam.... LOL

X17_justin_hailey_butt_071919_001 (resized).jpgX17_justin_hailey_butt_071919_001 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #1071 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Any one have any comments on the following: Python Anghelo, Taxi, Fish Tales, Pinbot, Mark Ritchie, The Machine, Big Guns, Chris Granner? Looking for some comments to add to the next Podcast.

PM sent

2 weeks later
    #1101 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Head over to www.facebook.com/silverballchronicles and vote... I haven't done any system 1 research!!! Ahhhh!

I looked and couldn't find the poll.

2 weeks later
    #1459 3 years ago

I thought puppet palz was pretty good. I put a very positive comment on their Facebook page and it got removed. What's up wit dat???

#1534 3 years ago

I've been moderated before for saying things like this, but I don't see a damn word he writes! Try it, you'll like it!

#1582 3 years ago

I tried to listen to Silverball Stories again. This last one was not entertaining to me at all. I appreciate the hard work that goes into making it. It's just not my cup of tea....

1 week later
    #1613 3 years ago

Whatchu watchu whatchu doin' Terry?!?

2 weeks later
    #1660 3 years ago

Zach, listen to Bebe Le Strange in it's entirety. Hear all the great tunes that never got radio airplay(Strange Night was my favorite). That album is so good. They had a sound all their own.

2 weeks later
    #1700 3 years ago

Forget My Little Poney. Now we have My Little Pecker. Good to hear Ryan C again. I can't really hear him well on Jesse Jay....

#1702 3 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

Are you talking about volume?
    Sorry I've been doing the editing and still learning it all.
    I will try and amplify it a bit for the next ep.
    I can't believe Jeff left all that in there! The power of the edit

Yeah, the volume on Jesse's voice is good but yours is much lower.

Yeah, Jeff got you good on that one. As they say, Payback is Hell.

3 weeks later
    #1752 3 years ago

Need more Randy Neuman, lol.
    Also, the GnR mixed with the goat screaming was genius. I loved it!

#1786 3 years ago
    hand-fan-clipart-6 (resized).pnghand-fan-clipart-6 (resized).png
    #1790 3 years ago

Are there more than 3 in the industry?

2 weeks later
    #1821 3 years ago

So funny! My favorite was the song about the deal gone bad. "Fu@# that Guy" LOL.

I never would have guessed who is the madman behind all this. But the song about the 1st tourney gave it away....

1 week later
    #1831 3 years ago

WTF did I just listen to? Again, I appreciate all the work that goes into these. It's just not my cup of tea.

Bring on more Puppet Palz!

2 weeks later
    #1896 3 years ago

I want to see the tattoo of a shirt pocket with 3" Den Den peeking out. That would be impressive!

4 weeks later
    #1945 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

TPN and The Puppet Palz are thankful for all of you for the support this year. We are here to give you a special and most excellent gift for Thanksgiving....EPISODE 3!!!!!! (cue anxious lip biting as the Palz find themselves in peril) PLUS, AH GAWD, A VERY SPECIAL GUEST!!!
    The Puppet Palz Episode 3: The Keeper
    Hosts: Steve, Moppy, & Roary + Very Special Guests!
    Something BIG is happening in Puppet Pinball Land...listen now to hear the perils of our Palz...(cue nervous lip biting)
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/PuppetPalz
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-2k47a-f364d2
    [quoted image]

"Cooking with Novus", LOL

4 weeks later
    #1983 3 years ago

Chiffon and Raven! LOL

#1984 3 years ago

Punchy the Pimp!

Cool to hear from Marty and Pinside Petey!

#1994 3 years ago

Best meme I've seen in a while!

3 weeks later
    #2028 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah, especially the typos......

And she's not nearly as sexy as Den Den.

#2031 3 years ago

Hey wait. Was Den Den on H.R. Pufnstuf?

15848 (resized).jpg15848 (resized).jpg
    #2039 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

"Just one more stuffed artichoke"

#2041 3 years ago

I'm glad to see Dwight get his own episode. I met him in Louisville and he's a super nice and down to earth guy. Some of his games are my favorites and I think GOT is a masterpiece.

1 week later
    #2065 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

...Craig could tone down the use of the word "fucking" and find another word for variety.

Add the constant use of GD to that list.

#2075 3 years ago

Best... photo shop........ ever.

2 weeks later
    #2118 3 years ago

Bruce and Kat were fun to listen to. I look forward to their semi-regular podcast. Is it Pinball+ or Pinball Plus?

1 week later
    #2129 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

From The Pinball Show Interviews Ep 1: Unreleased concept animation storyboard for Cactus Canyon
    [quoted image]

Dude, that is awesome!

2 weeks later
    #2159 3 years ago
    baby corn (resized).jpgbaby corn (resized).jpgmini_banana_002 (resized).jpgmini_banana_002 (resized).jpg
    #2160 3 years ago

Suckin on a crow toe...

crow toe (resized).jpgcrow toe (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #2353 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yeah...I was on my hike and laughing hard.
    Timely too even though it was recorded before his latest "mistake".

Oh man. I can no longer say I've never listened to Kaneda. That was pretty funny though. And Zach on Slam Tilt too! Very well done!

#2366 2 years ago

Auto tune should be a permanent feature of Market Trends. I couldn't stop laughing.

1 week later
    #2382 2 years ago

My Little Pecker is hilarious every time I hear it. That is all.

1 week later
    #2398 2 years ago

My Homie, Gomie!

1 week later
    #2407 2 years ago

Never gets old!

backupterry (resized).pngbackupterry (resized).png
    #2411 2 years ago

Ditto. I listen to a lot of podcasts and countless interviews and this was about the best I've ever heard. Zach, you did an excellent job on this one!

2 weeks later
    #2463 2 years ago

The Strands of Wisdom...

3 weeks later
    #2530 2 years ago

From the Marco booth at SFGE. I just couldn't resist. Love you, mean it.

20210822_105341 (resized).jpg20210822_105341 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #2599 2 years ago

Nord-Man is some funny shit! Dennis is nuts though, thinking Godzilla will sell less than Mando. Newsflash, Mando sucks. Zilla might be Sterns best game ever. No, I haven't played it yet. But I've played a good bit on Mando and it's quite boring.

#2602 2 years ago

So does Millionaire, lol.

#2604 2 years ago

Honest opinion. Mando doesn't suck out loud. But on a scale of 1-10, I can only give it about a 5 or 6.

2 weeks later
    1 month later
    #2749 2 years ago

ZMeny Holy crap, man. Nightmare on Elm Street is one of the very worst Gottliebs. I can recommend Hoops, Genesis, TX-Sector, Stargate, and many more, but stay away from Freddy. It's just not fun.

And somebody PLEASE get DennisK an intro song! I would love to hear one.

1 week later
    #2780 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Silverball Chronicle with Ron and David
    Episode 19: 80s Cheese Done Right - Gottlieb 80b
    Visit Our Silverball Swag Store
    https://silverballswag.com/collections/silverball-chronicles
    Episode Summary
    The early 1980s were a boon for pinball manufacturing. Bally and Williams had transitioned to Solid State early and evolved their platform. Gottlieb struggled with System 1, and as soon as they found their stride with the new System 80 board set, pinball was dying in the early 80s. By the mid-80s pinball was clawing its way back, but Gottlieb never regained it's industry dominance, however it did give them more creative freedom.
    Join Ron and the better co-host Dave as they talk photo translites, horrible synth music, Jon Norris’ 8-Ball Deluxe, releasing games at warp-speed, shallow code, ripping off established licenses, Don Johnson jackets, and which System 80b games are the most underrated.
    Sources can be found on the RSS feed
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-pz2ac-11463ad
    [quoted image]

Very cool. Gives me another thing to listen to on the long drive to Pincinnati.

2 weeks later
    #2823 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Re: Latest episode of Triple Drain
    Travis, you may pronounce a few words weird… but as long as you don’t pronounce “frustrating” as “fustrating” like a certain banned-from-pinside podcast host who thinks pretty highly of himself, you’re doing just fine.

I'm not sure how I "fill" about that.
    I mean, if it generates more "sells" for Stern...

1 week later
    #2848 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

And spelling your state correctly.
    rd

Naw, they know how to spell it. It's the people from Illinois that can't spell Oklahoma. LOL

1 month later
    #2958 2 years ago

ZMeny " Love ya, mean it" As one of your biggest fans. I gotta provide some feedback.
    1. Way too much time spent on the production updates. This info only helps your customers who have games on back order and they probably have contact with you directly to get those updates.

2. You knew this was coming. You got it WAY wrong about the INDISC finals. We've mostly all seen competition footage ad nauseam of newer games like Deadpool, GZ, TWD, etc. Having more obscure games like Mystery Castle, Roller Games and Stargate in the finals makes it more interesting for a lot of us. Yes, there was some timing out of modes unfortunately. But the real draw to watching this kind of stuff is the amazing skills on display, regardless of the games being played. There were modern games in the bank like GZ, TMNT and BDK but in the finals most of the players just chose not to pick them.

1 month later
    #3094 2 years ago

Joel, really not sure what episode he was listening to because your review was honest and IMHO, spot on. And yes, he owns the collectors edition.
    Keep up the great work guys. You are quickly becoming my favorite podcast and I listen to almost all of them. Thanks!

1 week later
    #3125 2 years ago

Travis, please make this shirt a reality...

trip shirt (resized).JPGtrip shirt (resized).JPG
    1 month later
    #3293 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Brief aside from the new drama: 1,000 internet points to the person who found the animal commercial I mentioned on this episode! I'm fairly super impressed to have nailed the line 36 years later.

^ Important platypi info, ZMeny (and video confirmation of the animal's existence)

Duckbill Platapie. Not sure what was funnier, your use of the plural of Platapus or Zach's reaction to it!

3 weeks later
    #3332 1 year ago

The Pinball Tapes is great. I've really enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Keep up the good work!

2 weeks later
    #3375 1 year ago

Word of the Day - Leathery...LOL

1 month later
    #3445 1 year ago

"Hold his hand Chico" LOL

1 week later
    #3490 1 year ago

I fill ya, I fill ya. That's a really good dill.

2 weeks later
    #3521 1 year ago

Nice gif of Daniel Voglebach...

1 week later
    2 weeks later
    #3565 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Tapes Episode 5: Stars (Masterclass)
    Host: Zac Coligan
    Special Guests: Ron Hallett Jr. & Bruce Nightingale from Slam Tilt Podcast
    One Game. One Episode. This Is The Pinball Tapes.
    In Episode 5 of The Pinball Tapes, host Zac presents a special Pinball Masterclass on Stern Electronics' 1978 Stars pinball machine with the help of game experts Ron & Bruce from Slam Tilt Pinball Podcast!
    The Jade
    facebook.com/thejade
    thejadeadl.com.au
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: therealtpn
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-j3fi5-12b4d9b
    [quoted image]

I haven't listened to this one yet, but The Pinball Tapes is quickly becoming one of my favorites!

#3607 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

For some reason I always picture the Triple Drain guys like one of my favorite foods: The Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich.

Let me introduce you to something magical. I first had this at My Parent's Basement in Atlanta. It's the Toasted Cashew Butter and Jelly and Bacon Sandwich. And to fully experience it, serve with Tator Tots.

#3626 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Let's just assume you have something called a smartphone. And let's also assume you have something called a computer. Through the magic of a place called the App Store (or, some variant), you can download a free application that records and plays sound backwards. And, through the magic of a website you access via your computer, you can actually play audio from a podcast.
    One feeds the other, and one is capable of recording and regurgitating something for your ears.
    Now why would I deny you the enjoyment of the simple-to-execute journey you're looking to embark on?
    PLUS! The insightful information Marty and Jeff provide in their little skit is so potent and powerful, it's something that should remain relatively secret!

no time for that (resized).pngno time for that (resized).png
    1 week later
    #3658 1 year ago

Alcohol makes people do and say things that they otherwise wouldn't. And no, that doesn't make it OK. Some people shouldn't drink. I'm one of those people, so I don't. Whenever this guy comes into the conversation, all I can think of is the video recording of his terrible behavior at NYCPC a few years ago. I was also privy to seeing more video of that night that never went public. Anyone that would dog cuss respected members of our little hobby and even throw a drink in the face to one, well... If there's any doubt I'm gonna take Zach's side in the argument every time.

2 months later
    #3858 1 year ago

I'm not sure which mode to play next. The Groundhog mode or the Electricity mode?

2 months later
    #4046 1 year ago

ZMeny If the goal is to get 100's of judges vetted, I'd like to make some suggestions regarding IFPA players/tournament directors.

There are roughly 30k active players in IFPA. Top 100 is the extreme tip of the top. It takes many tournaments and skilled playing just to crack the top 1000. I would suggest opening that up to the top 500 or even top 1000. These are players who are very familiar with the newest games because these games inevitably show up in tournaments.

As far as tournament hosting, I think the requirement was at least one tournament with over 40 players in the last year? Something like that. Many TD's live in areas that will never or rarely support those numbers. I would suggest opening it up to any TD who has hosted over X number of tournaments in the previous year, or X number of tournaments lifetime. Another idea would be to include State and Provincial IFPA reps.

2 weeks later
    #4089 1 year ago

Pinball Tapes is great! I'm hoping for a new one as well.

3 months later
    #4438 10 months ago

Haha, Bone Zone. You stole that from CrazyLevi . "Whatchu, whatchu, whatchu doin' Terry"?

3 weeks later
    #4486 9 months ago
    2 weeks later
    #4508 9 months ago

"You've got a symbiote in me". LMFAO in the car...

2 weeks later
    #4542 8 months ago

"Tonnes", What the hell is that? LOL, JK

1 week later
    #4557 8 months ago

That opening music goes right along with the perms and butterscotch. Love the show but that music was horrible...

2 months later
    #4641 5 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 74: Mystery Guest
    Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins
    Good news, the curtains have been steam cleaned and we're back. Not sure of the run time of this episode, but half a bottle of gin didn't survive.
    - solve who is the Mystery Guest along with Martin
    - coding tips and secrets
    - Who Will Marty Save?
    - best licenses
    - horror movies
    - and possible swear words throughout?
    Direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: https://thepinballnetwork555350716.wordpress.com/tag/final/
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    https://www.podbean.com/eas/pb-yfen8-14eafc1
    [quoted image]

"If somebody would just give me an Austin Powers Podcast" I laughed my freakin ass off at that. Marty was just this side of trashed!

4 months later
    #4812 25 days ago

Great episode. Maybe ya'll can do another one when Zach comes back with the Cruise Crud.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=lotr_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.