(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider looprunner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 4 years ago

I'm excited about the network. I listened to each podcaster individually and really enjoyed their shows. I can't wait for the collaborative effort!

1 week later
    #257 4 years ago

Good luck! I'm excited to listen.

1 week later
    #416 4 years ago

Do you know what I care most about when it comes to pinball? Having fun. I had fun watching the stream last night and interacting with the hosts. The negativity makes it no fun. These guys are doing this for the love of pinball. Relax. Like the others said, don't listen if you don't like it. It's freaking pinball. You are probably wondering why your blood pressure is so high!

#695 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I'm not feeling well so Flip N Out stream is rescheduled until Friday as Zach Meny will be in town streaming with myself and Steve.

Hope you feel better soon! Even being sick, you still managed to pull off another good podcast for episode 3!

#778 4 years ago

Listened to Final Round tonight. Love the show. But, dang, I'm scared to death to play in Pinburgh now after listening. LOL. I've only played in one tournament.

#781 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t be. It’s incredible. Walking into that place is one of the greatest things you can experience in this hobby.

I'm like paranoid I'm going to play out of turn and break like 50 rules now. LOL.

#783 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Playing out of turn is the only one to be concerned about. And if you’re that worried about it, then you’ll be fine.
    What I like to do is this:
    Every game you play should have your groups sheet under the game. Before each ball make sure you check to see what player you are, then look at the game and make sure you’re actually up. If you’re not sure, don’t be shy. Ask a TD for help.

It seems easy but the podcast freaked me out. In my mind, I envisioned myself beating Keith Elwin in round one on Stranger Things. Now I envision me playing his ball and getting punched in the face!

2 weeks later
    #956 4 years ago

I can't imagine a life without Market Trends. Keep it!

3 weeks later
    #1017 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

New TPN Provider, New TPN Series! Welcome Duncan from Arcade Crusade and check out the awesome and thorough video he did about how to rebuild pinball flippers. His new series for TPN will cover all sorts of pinball repair and maintenance.

This will come in handy. I have to rebuild a flipper! Would a series on how/when to install "protection" on your playfield? Mylar, Cliffy, etc. It would be helpful to the newer folks in the hobby.

1 month later
    #1192 3 years ago

I continue to enjoy the show. I continue to buy Stern machines. I did not buy the topper. I personally did not think it was worth the value. However; I'm not going to publicly rip on people who bought it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's a freaking topper, step off the ledge.

#1210 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

whysnow thanks for the ratings. So you’ve been pretty brutal to my inability to confidently rate a game, but looking at your scores a little closer:
    MUN
    - Art F
    - Shots & Layout F
    - Rules & Code F
    - Toys & Innovation F
    - Music & Call Outs D-
    - Display & Animation F
    - Theme C-
    - Enjoyability F
    Cumulative Grade F (0.20)
    ST
    - Art D-
    - Shots & Layout F
    - Rules & Code F
    - Toys & Innovation F
    - Music & Call Outs D-
    - Display & Animation F
    - Theme B-
    - Enjoyability F
    Cumulative Grade F (0.37)
    One could argue that your grades are flawed and likely are affected by outside interest or exaggeration. For example, many would question your assessment ability, given your Munsters Art rating of F, considering the game received an award for Art. Other things I would consider highly questionable is a Munsters Shots/Layout of F, STh Rules/Code of F, STh Display/Animation of F, and STh Innovation of F.
    The point being, it’s easy to throw shade at those rating games and sure it’s objective, but that doesn’t take away the fact that a lot of thought and work go into grading and reviewing a pinball machine. Just my two cents because I love reviewing games and take it seriously, regardless if that’s foolish or not to others.

I actually enjoy both games. I wouldn't give either of them an A. I wouldn't give either of them an F. I can say that I have a lot of guests over to play pinball and they play Stranger Things 3-to-1 over JP. They aren't pinball people but it's definitely not a terrible game. And they are repeat customers.

#1213 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And if you had South Park they might play that 10-1 Don;t know if that makes it not a shitty game.

Maybe the first time. As I mentioned, they keep playing on subsequent visits. That did not happen with other games, such as Ghostbusters. It's not an F.

#1219 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

South Park, Mario Bros, and Street Fighter all crush location play. Iron Maiden does poorly on location. What average people will enjoy for 5 minutes is not the barometer of quality.

I don't disagree on quality. But in my opinion earnings should be factored into the equation when giving a game an F. If it makes money then it must be attractive for some reason. I simply said those games were not an F. Theme matters.

#1222 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

But a couple games you have given an F to are; BTTF & X-men.
    Do those themes not matter? Did you factor you "earnings" calculation in there?

No, because those games suck. Just kidding of course. If I were giving them a grade I would not give them an F. My ratings are weighted based on what I like in a game. If we were going down through a list of games I would certainly not give X-Men an F.

#1225 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

thelaw is saying by Zach's scale a 5/10 is 50% or an "F".

I understand. I was just pointing out that my ratings are weighted towards what I like in a game. If I were trying to grade all categories evenly I would not give them an F. Actually, a game would have to be really bad for me to give an F.

#1230 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Huh? Whom wouldn't rate a game in how fun it is to you?

Ah right.
    So what are the rules here. If a machine is going to score an F rating, then a secondary set of rules kick in that factor in theme and earnings?
    So confused.

LOL. I didn't see earnings as an option when I rated the games or X-men would be higher. So, the Looprunner secondary set of rules did kick in! Anyway, I don't necessarily equate the ratings to grades like we are on this thread. A 4 out of 6 is decent. And I believe I gave X-Men some good ratings in specific categories such as theme.

5 months later
    #1948 3 years ago

Isn't there already a ball save on the lair exit? I thought that was an option you could set.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider looprunner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=looprunner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.