(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimmyhonda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Couple quick things. My name is Ken Cromwell and I'm one of the founders of The Pinball Network. For those of you that are familiar with the podcast scene I am one of the hosts of Special When Lit Pinball Podcast.
    Nobody is "working under Zach" or his distributorship. The goal of TPN is to have some fun working with different content providers in a team atmosphere to do something we all enjoy. Helping shows/personalities with additional exposure for their content is a good thing in my opinion. We aren't monetizing off of podcasts and all twitch streamers broadcast under their own stream keys so they keep 100 percent of their earnings (donations, subs, bits, etc). It's certainly not a money grab and is more a "labor of love" for pinball and the people that would like another form to get their content out there. Some of us will also offer new content working with new hosts as it's something we've enjoyed doing for some time now.
    Regarding making rookie mistakes of running this as a business? Those comments are actually understandable because we were never formed as a business to make money from the community or it's content providers. If we were profit driven this would have been approached completely differently. It's really as simple as that.
    If anyone would like to be a part of this content hub please email us at [email protected]. We are looking forward to new ideas and fresh faces!
    Finally, if pinball content isn't your thing (I get it) it's just as easy to not pay attention as we won't be asking you to "BUY, BUY, BUY!" Looking forward to having some fun.

Well said Ken! Everyone who provides pinball content for the pinball community should be commended, not crucified. I guess I’m not shocked at some of the comments from fellow Pinsiders, but it’s a shame. Keep up the hard work and everything you do for the hobby.

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Do people really listen to podcasts about pinball? Why? Can't we just google to find out about the most recent mod or game coming out or game review? Do we need to have pinball shovelled into our brains 24/7 via a podcast? Are we that bored of a species that we can't sit here without constant hobby stimulation? We gotta have podcasts now?
    I for one, have never listened to any podcast and never will. It seems ridiculous to me.
    Rant off.

Podcasts are never shoveled into anyone’s brains. It’s your choice to listen or not to listen. And it’s FREE. I just can’t get over the fact that anybody providing free content for this hobby gets shit for it??!!?? Come on people. They, for the most part, are doing most of this stuff for FREE. They pay for the recording equipment and everything involved with screaming and much more. Plus, they give up their valuable time away from family to do this. If you don’t like it, SEE YA! Just go away. Nobody needs you and the hobby is better off not hearing your negative comments anyways. Anybody providing free content for this hobby rocks. And I thank you. It makes my long drives to and from work so much better.

1 week later
    #320 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Imagine a world where when you open your iPhone you saw every podcast you’ve ever been interested in, all in one place, and all it took was pressing a different picture on your screen than you normally do.

Lol. Come on Chuck, you didn’t know apps are evil???!!!

#380 4 years ago

TPN is killing it! Great job everyone. I’m getting introduced to podcasts that I never would have. Thanks for all the feedback content!

#400 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I agree. Been on the sidelines giving this network a chance but this episode with my man Dennis (love that guy) just put me over the edge. I was almost there with the previous love fest with Zach making dumb jokes and defending stern’s decision with the UV light while the other new guy just laughed and laughed. But this.....wow.
    Tuned in and found out the other two folks I really liked (and gave me hope with their direct criticism in the past) are no longer in the network. Jason and The Bone. Big surprise. Disappointing for sure and I wouldn’t be surprised if the other salt (Dennis) leaves next.
    So I listened to the episode b/c of Dennis and right off the bat (Rick and Morty), Zach mentions FLIPIN OUT PINBALL did the commentary rule audio role better and first and then says you can’t really trust whysnow (Hilton) b/c HE is a supporter of Spooky. Zach is unbelievable. Distributor calling out another pinball person for being bias. Then he defends stern LE pricing and everything they’re doing with STh. He then reminds us he enjoys Stranger Things (emphasizing it’s made by STERN) more than the entire top 10 on pinside. An opinion I know but something that is SO ridiculous that poor Dennis’ head almost exploded. Considering who’s saying it, and the agenda, tasteless. He’s so busy spamming I’m not even sure he’s listening to his own words. Zach - please take a step back and re-evaluate what is going on. I remember picking sides at one point for SDTM (great idea) This is coming from a team Zach voter.
    I liked Fowler and his input. I liked Bone and hearing his view. Remember when this network was going to bring more visibility and have more content? Someone remind me where I can find their content now? Oh that’s right - it’s no longer available. BUT - I’m so glad we have MORE Zach. That’s what everyone wants.
    I only hope there is MUCH less Zach. MUCH less. Like the randoms podcast was much more interesting. Otherwise, let’s just change the name to what this is.
    TDN: The Distributor Network.
    Dennis - keep on trucking my man and if you bail, I don’t fault you. I’m now listening to your podcast (Eclectic Gamers Podcast). Good stuff.
    My two cents btw, don’t care to defend or go back and forth with posts supporting it. Down or upvote away. Just call them like I see them.

If this stuff really bothers you that much. Just don’t tune it. It’s that easy. These guys do this for free. Is there some bias? Sure. Is there some promoting? Sure. It’s America. That’s free enterprise. They provide free content. They can say what they want. If you don’t like it, don’t listen.

2 months later
    #1067 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Nice work Joel! Keep em’ coming. Great take for the beginner hobbyist. Now, what do you have next?? I look forward to it.

2 weeks later
    #1092 3 years ago

Nice work Joel! Keep em’ coming!

2 weeks later
    #1188 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

What the fuck are you doing giving stranger things a god damn B+? You have an agenda. Period.
    I can't wait to see how you rave about the flaming turd that Heavy Metal is going to inevitably be.

I don't know that he sells this. If he sells it: B.

What’s up with the hostility Jorant? Seriously. This is pinball man. Zach has an opinion. Like it. Don’t like it. Who cares man. Maybe you should take a step back and take a deep breath. Geez.

5 months later
    #1951 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 40: Get It Off Your Chest
    Hosts: Zach Meny & Greg Bone
    - Greg Bone's Stroll Down TPN Memory Lane
    - deeproot Subscriptions
    - Changes To Mirco Playfield Process
    - GNRs Shipping Overseas
    - Code Updates For Stranger Things, Avengers: Infinity Quest, & Black Knight
    - Pinball Market Trends™️ NOW ENHANCED WITH LAUGH TRACK!
    - Deals Of The Week
    - Deals Of The WTF?!
    - Collectible Props Market Trends
    - SEGMENT: For Fuck's Sake Zach...
    - Why Nicole Meny Is The Greatest
    - Greg Bone's Motivational Message To Pinball
    - TPN Last Week
    - TPN This Week
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-grpfy-f3a880
    [quoted image]

Great to hear Greg Bone on the airwaves! When is Greg Bones’ mom gonna be a guest on the show???

#1953 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m not sure pinball can handle all that.

Lmao

1 year later
    #3188 2 years ago

Welcome back Zach! Great show and you being “real” and in your face is the Zach we all love. Look forward to more shows to come.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimmyhonda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=jimmyhonda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.