(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insanity_falls.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2496 2 years ago

https://www.quora.com/What-celebrities-destroyed-their-career-practically-overnight/answer/Richard-Johnson-821

Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Correspondents - August 9, 2021
    Pinball Manufacturer Updates From The Pinball Show Correspondents Ken Rudberg (Jersey Jack Pinball), Dr. John Cosson (Spooky Pinball & Haggis Pinball), & Matt Morrison (Chicago Gaming Company)
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-qfuq9-10adacb
    [quoted image]

This is it, Craig Bobby has reached his final form. Repent and be spared before he sucks Zach's soul from his body like the world's cheeriest Dementor, upon which he will ascend to true godhood and take his place upon the throne as the new ruler of the pinball illuminati.

#2499 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Silverball chronicles mentioned projected targets.
    Would the precursor idea be Gottliebs "Masquerade" where the values for the targets were on a wheel and were projected up onto the playfeild in the requisite places.

I'd never heard of this one so I looked it up and it's super cool! I don't think it qualifies as a projected target since the targets themselves are physical, but honestly I think it's even better than that: it's the only game I can think of before the advent of RGB lighting where the inserts changed contextually over the course of the game.

Demonstration starts around 22:00 (link is timestamped):

1 week later
    #2531 2 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

From the Marco booth at SFGE. I just couldn't resist. Love you, mean it.
    [quoted image]

It looks like he's cutting a wrestling promo.

If only Mean Gene Okerlund were here.

#2544 2 years ago

The last time I paid $40 for a shirt was at a Creed concert when I was 14.

Congratulations on being equal to Scott Stapp.

#2549 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah but pulling them off is a whole other story

Title of your sex tape.

#2550 2 years ago

Also I just realized that I bought one of the Dwight shirts and not one with any of your nonsense on it.

Which I guess makes you more like Alter Bridge.

3 weeks later
    #2593 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Thanks!
    I apologise up front to all Millionaire owners.
    Look, I felt so guilty I’ve even made a start on resurrecting my one! So everyone can again enjoy the magic that is - Millionaire.
    rd
    [quoted image]

Road Kings next to Pinbot? Pearls before swine, I tell ya.

1 week later
    #2617 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah no. Vector sucks.

0EE4D3E7-246F-4B90-8F02-C14AFFA6AAF3 (resized).png0EE4D3E7-246F-4B90-8F02-C14AFFA6AAF3 (resized).png
    #2618 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

BTW - tag everyone is it. Got some swag from TPN, put it in and post it here. #PostYourTPNPicHere

24EE4697-1925-4818-95C4-C086EF707072 (resized).jpeg24EE4697-1925-4818-95C4-C086EF707072 (resized).jpeg

Not featured is the broken Rollergames immediately to my right which made me sad until I remembered how much I love the shirt I was wearing.

Don’t tell Zach though, if he asks then I think it’s crap and I only bought it so I could inevitably ruin it with pit stains.

#2619 2 years ago

And for the hat trick: WHEN?!

7A819BE8-CA96-4BEF-8CA2-81B6C58F8556 (resized).jpeg7A819BE8-CA96-4BEF-8CA2-81B6C58F8556 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #2639 2 years ago

Run a modest high pass filter across your vocal track and see what happens.

2 weeks later
    #2659 2 years ago

Rollergames is a masterpiece. Boo this man.

#2661 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

meh, that's what they want you to think
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"196682a78809d26d7859e92d0390154b9bf990c8-1634668471-1800"};
    //]]>

“They” being.... Pepsi and Fanta?

#2662 2 years ago

Plus you literally quoted Black Knight while trash-talking a playfield magnet. Irony, thy name is ZMeny.

Come and get it, Mr. Badass.

#2664 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Just Say NO to magnet-handicaps in pinball. Just Say YES to magnets being used for the good of pinballkind. This is a movement...

IT’S LITERALLY CALLED MAGNA-SAVE ZACH IF THAT’S NOT A MAGNET THAT EXISTS TO COMPENSATE FOR YOUR FUCKUPS THEN MAYBE INSANE CLOWN POSSE WAS RIGHT AND NOBODY KNOWS SHIT ABOUT MAGNETS

#2667 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Substantial difference between skill-based magnetry VS computer-programmed handicaps.
    Hell, why stop there, the programmers should have Phantom Flipped the shot too to pull off the ultimate pindicap!

So by your own logic you also hate outlane kickbacks and the saucer thingy on World Cup Soccer.

Also, ball saves.

Besides, if that theme song doesn’t get your blood pumping every single time then you’re already dead inside before you even plunge ball 1, so the magnet is largely irrelevant.

#2668 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

[quoted image]
    Not featured is the broken Rollergames immediately to my right which made me sad until I remembered how much I love the shirt I was wearing.
    Don’t tell Zach though, if he asks then I think it’s crap and I only bought it so I could inevitably ruin it with pit stains.

Just remembered I took a pic of the one I mentioned in this post. I turned it on when they weren’t looking and started a game just to listen to the music, hahaha.
    CEA9A14F-AEF5-496E-BCFD-0FBB4D7CA51A (resized).jpegCEA9A14F-AEF5-496E-BCFD-0FBB4D7CA51A (resized).jpeg

#2670 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Nah, apples and oranges still. You use a flipper to hit the ball based on skill. An auto kickback doesnt require skill. The player-controlled saucer on WCS is weak as well, but it's more gimmick-based without being the central feature/mech. Just my take.
    Take away the saucer-assist and WCS is still fantastic. Take away the magnet on RG and youve got, well, a shit theme, shit art, nothing special on rules, but yes, the music is great, the layout is nice (if youve never played High Speed ), the little coded flick of the ball from the dugout is phenomenal, and the start of Multiball is a great Pinball Moment.
    It's not a bad game, but it gets too much love

lol I’m just being a little shit about the magnet, I actually agree with you about it except for one thing: it’s a FANTASTIC way to show a new player that shot and how it works. It tutorializes a gameplay feature that might not be immediately clear to a new player. And, lest we all forget, Rollergames was supposed to be a pretty massive license in a time when licensed pins were scarce so they were probably expecting a lot of earnings to be from the casual crowd. Combine that with the fact that upper flippers were still pretty uncommon at the time so it probably wasn’t unreasonable to expect a casual player to not even notice that shot was up there, and the magnet actually starts to make a heck of a lot of sense for a game made in 1990.

Meanwhile, the hardcore crowd could just unplug it and move on.

Product of its time, that game. But that’s what makes it so damn special.

#2673 2 years ago

God Matt Morrison is such a good interviewer and I get the sense that he doesn’t even realize just how good he is sometimes.

I could listen to him interview the toilet from Junkyard and probably still hang on every word.

#2677 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

He's one of my favorite interviewers ever because he is very knowledgable and just a truly great guy.

If I had to attempt to describe it, I would say that instead of working down his list of questions, he actively listens to what his interview subject is saying and follows up with whatever is clearly the next most logical question.

Just an absolute pleasure to listen to, with the gentlemanly southern drawl on top.

#2678 2 years ago

PS - Explain to me in excruciating detail how the Godzilla magnet dribbling the ball down to the upper flipper for an easy layup is a work of genius without sounding like a complete hypocrite about Rollergames, go.

#2680 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Well, again, while I see where you’re coming from, it’s still very different. One requires zero skill whereas the other requires timing, thus…skill

I mean paying close enough attention to the game to see that a magnet grabbed your ball is a skill too, so is it just a matter of skill dick size?

#2681 2 years ago

I actually can’t remember, is the flipper dead on RG while the magnet gets set up? If you can fuck up the ball coming to rest on the magnet then avoiding doing so also requires game knowledge and impulse control.

Note to self: double check the exact rules mechanics of the upper Rollergames flipper instead of whatever other important shit I had planned to do for the next 15 minutes.

#2683 2 years ago

ayyyy chuckwurt dropping the answers and helping me get my kids to soccer on time instead of poring over rule sheets lol

#2687 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

I know this is just friendly banter (and I've never even played a Rollergames so I probably shouldn't even offer an opinion) but the magnet integration with Godzilla seems a lot more dynamic than magnets I've seen in games to date.
    It's pretty sweet when you make a shot to the building and it comes back around that mini loop, passes the magnet without fully sticking, and flicks up the left outer orbit briefly before it drops back down towards the upper flipper. That "feels" totally different than the "normal" scenario where the magnet is grabbed and held for a few seconds and dropped.
    I guess by virtue of the magnet being off of the ball path (under a plastic, between shots) it allows the magnet to influence the ball more often without fully grabbing it.. and the "swinging" motion is a lot more interesting than the ball just freezing directly over a magnet that might be out in the open somewhere.

I mean yeah the magnet has five(?) different things it can do with the ball, it’s just that one of those things is setting up a “free” shot to the upper flipper. That’s the particular behavior I’m referencing.

#2690 2 years ago

Call the fire department, this one’s out of control!

1 week later
    #2699 2 years ago
    F1859A01-2F36-4DB1-B163-D9DE9D977853 (resized).pngF1859A01-2F36-4DB1-B163-D9DE9D977853 (resized).png
    #2701 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Good times hahaha

Hmmmmm theme dream or theme nightmare?

808E45BB-20E3-405D-AD6C-6EE6E3364F67 (resized).jpeg808E45BB-20E3-405D-AD6C-6EE6E3364F67 (resized).jpeg
    #2702 2 years ago

Also, Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, the Premium and LE have a basement playfield with a bike bash toy and the Pro just has a scoop and a callout that says “There’s no basement in the Alamo!”

#2703 2 years ago

So like Munsters, only instead of Grandpa Jackpots it’s some other kind of equally important jackpot.

#2704 2 years ago

Anyway since this is the text box I just happen to have a cursor in at the moment, this thread is now a contest to decide who can pitch the worst possible music pin of all time.

Leonard Cohen: The Pinball Experience, featuring “I’m Your Man” multiball where every ball you drain while the ball saver is active adds a multiplier to your jackpots.

Also, nails hammered into the side of the cabinet right next to the flipper buttons so every once in a while you end up stabbing yourself by accident.

On the LE, the buttons are actually replaced with razor blades, that way there’s yet another kind of pointless accessory blade that you’ll never receive in addition to the art ones.

#2705 2 years ago

Also there’s a mode for “The Captain” which literally has a joke in it about the Holocaust, but Leonard Cohen was Jewish and he’s the one that wrote it so who are we to say people aren’t allowed to laugh at it and maybe also learn something if we think about it long enough?

#2706 2 years ago

Also, once again: Rollergames is a masterpiece, boo this man.

59F6FF12-A0F7-4889-B4E5-5472273A9FEF (resized).jpeg59F6FF12-A0F7-4889-B4E5-5472273A9FEF (resized).jpeg
    #2708 2 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Check the thread to see whats happening....
    [quoted image]

Don’t blame me, this is what happens when all the content creators go to Expo and leave the inmates running the asylum.

#2712 2 years ago

I would listen to Jeff Teolis read Mein Kampf.

#2715 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Good news then. Have you checked Audible?

Not finding it, but search results turned up his rendition of 50 Shades of Grey which is even better honestly.

#2716 2 years ago

God just imagine if instead of mediocre art criticized by art teachers, Hitler had made a mediocre pin that was criticized by Pinside.

Wolfenstein 3D could have been a documentary and mecha-Hitler could have been the ultimate bash toy.

#2717 2 years ago

Only there would be no George Gomez to step in and finish his last game for him like convicted pedophile John Trudeau or disgruntled former employee Steve Ritchie.

Also, which WWII license would make a better pin: Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan?

#2727 2 years ago

I would listen to Craig Bobby read 120 Days of Sodom.

#2729 2 years ago

friscopinball CALL TO ARMS, FIGHT FOR THE GLORY OF THE ROLLERGAMES MAGNET

#2733 2 years ago

I would listen to Dennis Kriesel read a word-for-word transcript of every awkward conversation I’ve ever had (of which there have been a great many) as long as he promised to do it as Nord-Man.

#2746 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Drat.
    If ever it's that Zach is hard up for a guest co-host, my dms are open!

Quoted from JStoltz:

Unsolicited opinion: I’m very for this.

Screw it, let’s make our own. With riverboat blackjack. And hookers.

#2753 2 years ago

I would listen to Matt Morrison read that Matthew McConaughey biography I keep seeing in airports.

#2761 2 years ago

Put him behind the wheel of a black Lincoln Continental and film as he drives and reads. I’d watch that for a dollar. Can we get an outtake with Greg Bone showing Matt M his grade A ass?

Bizarrely enough, in this scenario “Matt M.” does not provide sufficient disambiguation.

#2764 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way. Using my gut, I’d say that was the demand they were sitting on, but we’re only able to make about 15-17k machines in 2021.

You should try saying it with your mouth instead.

#2769 2 years ago

I would listen to Jessy Jay read the list of charges that got her ancestors shipped off to Criminal Island.

1 week later
    #2790 2 years ago

I would listen to Norton read a list of all the horrible atrocities he’s suffered.

#2792 2 years ago

Petition to change the topic of this thread to good puppy appreciation.

CC361230-64B5-43C8-93F8-53CDC8A2026A (resized).jpegCC361230-64B5-43C8-93F8-53CDC8A2026A (resized).jpeg
    #2796 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

WIN A MANDALORIAN TRANSLITE AND BANNER!!!
    Share the following linked episode to your social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc) and email a picture of share proof to [email protected] and you’ll be entered to win!
    TPN Zach visits the Loserkids to discuss upcoming Awards Shows, Stern Rumored Games, the Pinball Market, and a different way to Vault Classic Titles.
    https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-74-100k-by-christmas-with-zach-meny

oh god i don’t know how to use social media

7F2C1442-9621-4ACF-AC84-9FBDCEDBB3AA (resized).png7F2C1442-9621-4ACF-AC84-9FBDCEDBB3AA (resized).png
    #2798 2 years ago

I would listen to Ryan C. read, if he could.

#2802 2 years ago

I would listen to Craig Bobby read a Dave Barry book silently to himself apart from the occasional amused giggle.

#2815 2 years ago

I would listen to Tom Graf read the 1980-1982 Williams parts catalog.

Or any of them really, as long as there are no parts in it for Pinbot.

#2822 2 years ago

I would listen to Bill and Amanda read from their show notes while I fall asleep at 8pm on a Friday night because that’s all the gas I got left in the tank tonight but the bit must go through, rain or shine.

#2826 2 years ago

I would listen to Dennis talk about watches if I could.

I tried.

I just can’t.

#2827 2 years ago

ps - https://www.swatch.com/en-en/internet-time.html

the video is mandatory viewing on the level of the Punny Factory wizard.

#2829 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

You might not want to listen.. but.. would you….
    Watch?[quoted image]

You know what? Since it’s the holidays, I’ll let this one slide without strangling you through the computer screen.

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal.

#2843 2 years ago

Ham.

#2845 2 years ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

To be fair, I'm from Okalhoma and we're still in the middle of learning proper English.

“Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English.”

- Mark Ritchie

#2846 2 years ago

“Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English.”
    - Mark Ritchie

-Kaneda

#2849 2 years ago

New game: recast Monster Bash with TPN personalities, go.

Also Dennis is off-limits for Frankenstein because that’s just low-hanging fruit and you can do better than that.

#2850 2 years ago

Also to be clear they’re not only re-doing callouts, they’re actually being miniaturized and installed as playfield toys as well.

For charity.

#2852 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Hahaha you got a downvote. You don’t mess with the Den Den

Don’t tell me my business, Wolfman.

#2853 2 years ago

Besides, we all know that Dennis is low-key the perfect Dracula but I was trying to keep that Ace up my sleeve like Kenny fuckin’ Rogers.

#2854 2 years ago

Because we know for a fact that if you give that man a bit character to play, he will SINK HIS FUCKIN FANGS INTO IT.

LIKE A VAMPIRE BAT.

MIC DROP.

#2855 2 years ago

Ugh, I’m gonna have to do the whole thing myself now. I thought making content was supposed to be easy, that I could just post a bunch of silly shit with no accountability and then once enough folks get their Greg Bone panties in a twist, put all my posts behind a paywall as if all that drivel were something worth paying for.

Anyway where was I? We’ve got Wolfman and Drac dealt with, which leaves:

Creature - Chuck Wurt. Not because of his looks, but just because “Chuck Wurt” sounds like the most perfect name for a chill grumpy swamp dude who still knows how to rock.

Bride - Purely dependent on which of the girls can hit the high note. I propose a single-elimination round of “Anything you can sing, I can sing higher,” hot-potato style.

Mummy - Ahhhhhh, the one true tough choice. Anybody could be under those bandages! So, what makes the MB mummy REALLY stand out from other mummies? We don’t know all that much about him except:

1. Musician
    2. Distinctive Voice
    3. Ancient

However, I believe the evidence before us proves quite conclusively that the man for the job is obviously Mr. Jeff Teolis.

I yield the remainder of my time.

#2857 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Are you on shrooms? Wtf?

Why, are you a cop? If you are you have to tell me.

#2859 2 years ago

OH SHIT ITS THE BAKALAR WHADDUUUUUUUUP

#2872 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Hey Pinballers!
    Are you interested in starting your own pinball podcast? Unsure where to start? Have no idea how to make a professional Podcast with screaming goats, labored sighs or incorrect Canadian accents? TPN can help!!
    The Pinball Network is looking for New Podcasts for 2022! If you're interested email [email protected]
    [quoted image]

That’s awesome, could you help Zach make a show that’s anywhere near as good as SBC?

#2888 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie
    Special Guests: Scott Larson & Josh Roop from Loserkid Pinball Podcast

Honestly I’m not sure I can survive listening to this many sexy men all at once.

#2889 2 years ago

And Travis too.

#2900 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

On my mind because I listened to it again yesterday:
    Just Another Pinball Podcast Episode #30: Deadpool Breakdown w/ George Gomez & Tanio Klyce
    Would be my pick for podcast episode of the year. Probably one of the most interesting and well paced interviews out there (regardless of the year, even). joelbob , Since there are no annual awards for that category, please accept this meaningless token as your reward.
    (Cash Value: N/A)[quoted image]

Gonna go dig this one out of the archives! The great part about having no long term memory is

#2901 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

On my mind because I listened to it again yesterday:
    Just Another Pinball Podcast Episode #30: Deadpool Breakdown w/ George Gomez & Tanio Klyce

Joel: *five minutes of silence*
    Gomez: “…..is Deadpool family friendly?”
    Joel: “Yeah?”

#2902 2 years ago

JStoltz hey remember when I told you I once heard Gomez recommend putting WD-40 on a mech? This was where I heard it. Good times.

#2908 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I've got to say something.
    For those of you who voted for The Pinball Show in the various awards this year, Thank You. Truly, Thank You. However, Dennis and I are often asked why we do not campaign for yearly awards. Why do we not ask for people's votes to recognize our work? As I was editing Episode 88 of The Pinball Show, I experienced an overwhelming amount of joy and pride. Dennis and I feel the same way and I believe I can speak on his behalf in giving an explanation, albeit I am sure his explanation would be void of the dripping sentiment.
    Being able to CREATE with a friend is the greatest award anyone can ever receive. Being able to archive a friendship over the years is simply priceless. I get to cherish these chronicles for the rest of my life. This is a privilege that I often feel guilty about, but forever grateful for. I experience anxiety thinking about a time in the future when I am not able to document these relationships, not only with a cohost or with a friend, but with you, the one who supports our efforts.
    The most recent episode of The Pinball Show is possibly the greatest example of just that. It is a recorded conversation of two friends on another adventure, without any maps, and with the cruise control set to TRUST. For us, we do not desire your support via a voting system. We truly feel as if we have surpassed that type of recognition. We work hard. We are very proud of what we create as people, as pinball enthusiasts, and as entertainment artists.
    If you learn one thing while listening, that is our award. If you smile or laugh one time while listening, that is our award. If you consider another perspective once while listening, that is our award. THESE are the awards that I personally plan on earning for years to come.
    Thank YOU for riding along with us over the years. No telling where our path will lead us next...
    Zach Meny
    The Pinball Show
    Straight Down The Middle
    Flip N Out Pinball

What a beautiful way of saying “we didn’t feel like doing show notes.”

#2923 2 years ago

Poofing and wafting is how we learned to safely smell unknown bottled liquids in Mr. Edge’s high school chemistry class, so I think Dennis may be objectively and scientifically in the wrong on this one.

Although I’m pretty sure Mr. Edge sniffed a lot of chemicals on purpose as well, so who knows.

#2934 2 years ago

If Tom is the Mr. Drummond of Triple Drain, who’s Arnold and who’s Willis?

and, perhaps more importantly, where’s Kimberly?

#2937 2 years ago

nevermind Joel is so obviously Arnold that I’m embarrassed I even asked.

#2938 2 years ago

also, if there was a Tom Graf invalid switch frenzy mode, what clip from the sound board should each switch hit play?

#2939 2 years ago

New segment: “Tom sings.”

#2941 2 years ago

yeah agreed, ever have an idea and then a few hours later you find yourself wondering what in the wide wide world of sports you were thinking?

1 week later
    #2955 2 years ago

this post is called “Matt Morrison”

he makes the best fucking interviews
    he makes the best fucking interviews
    if i ever meet him i’m gonna grab his fuckin neck and just shake him and say “thank you, thank you for making such excellent fucking interviews”

#2962 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

You gotta realise - I know it’s hard because you’re surrounded by LEs and “$20k minty HEP restored BWs” … but for the AVERAGE pinball owner, these games are the ones they own.
    For every Mando LE - there are 5x $2500 Stargates out there. Probably being played a lot more than the LEs too.

This, but mostly just because it drives me crazy sometimes how pinball media likes to forget every game manufactured prior to 2010 or so.

Magic: the Gathering has faced a similar problem because there are so damn many cards that it’s impossible to balance the entire product line to keep it fun. They’ve solved the problem in tournament play by further subdividing competitions beyond just “old” and “‘new” - currently they have Vintage, Legacy, Modern, Frontier and Standard as supported constructed deck formats in tournament play, each with their own card pool and banned list. Maybe it’s time to add a “Modern” tournament in addition to Classics?

Kinda would be nice to relegate the production updates to a Flip N Out email blast rather than TPS in my opinion, but it’s not a huge deal and other people seem to enjoy it so

e: The other big advantage that the Standard MtG format grants is that because the card pool is smaller and the deck archetypes are fewer, it’s much easier for newer players to follow. Nothing is more annoying on a tournament steam than watching a game where even the commentators obviously don’t know the rules.

#2967 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show format is news-centered so consequently, the show will tend to focus on new games, hence the newest information of the industry for the listener.

Out of context, that’s a very good point.

Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh and Flip N Out Pinball doesn’t do email blasts

…hence the suggestion? lol

#2973 2 years ago

can I just say how happy it makes me that there’s so much pinball content that a clips show is not only possible but wonderful?

#2978 2 years ago

Pinball Owner and their collections:
    Collector # 1 - MMr Royal, AFMr LE, MBr LE, CCr LE, EHOH 40LE and BBBr LE (future)
    [quoted image]
    Fan #1 - TBL, Alien, R&M, EHOH Prem, Mando Prem and SW Prem
    [quoted image]
    Dreamer #1 - JJPOTC CE, GNR CE, WOZ LE, Wonka CE, Hobbit LE, and DI LE
    [quoted image]
    Premium Player #1 - TWD Prem, IMDN Prem, JP Prem, GZ Prem, DP Prem, MET Prem and IM
    [quoted image]
    Tasteless #1 - Games in collector’s condition: Popeye, SWE1, RCT, Harley Davidson, Waterworld and Thunderbirds
    [quoted image]

I have nothing to add but this post deserves to appear more than once.

#2979 2 years ago

Also where does Riverboat Gambler land a man according to your obviously rigorous pinball science?

#2981 2 years ago

Don’t worry Tom. No matter how often people try and rib you for being a Rush apologist, you’ll never be as delusional as Zach is about Halloween.

#2986 2 years ago

No TPS this week?

#2993 2 years ago

Dear everyone who thought TPS deserved to win a Crystal,

This is all your fault.

#3000 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

I have to admit I was nervous about an Insanity Falls co-host (like making eye contact with someone in a library holding a super soaker) but it seemed to work!

FEA9C081-1183-4893-A934-DC5283E6D444 (resized).jpegFEA9C081-1183-4893-A934-DC5283E6D444 (resized).jpeg
    #3010 2 years ago

so far so good zach

0FB9FBA6-BA90-45B4-9BE1-AFDF999BAE52 (resized).jpeg0FB9FBA6-BA90-45B4-9BE1-AFDF999BAE52 (resized).jpeg
    edit: yes i know i didn’t write everyone’s name on there i’m lazy as shit get over it

#3013 2 years ago
    Quoted from Venetic:

who is Fuptronic?

hey we got a wise guy here, go Uck a battery.

#3015 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

4 min in, getting ready to turn off. Is this some fake interview?

you seem like the kind of person who leaves negative reviews on amazon for breakfast cereal

#3017 2 years ago

If a cereal isn’t loaded with sugar, it deserves a bad review.

5980E5BF-4178-4553-9359-D22D0ABB62C1 (resized).jpeg5980E5BF-4178-4553-9359-D22D0ABB62C1 (resized).jpeg
    #3019 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I was surprised by Franchi's "no more Sterns ever" post. Since he's had both Gary Stern and George Gomez on his podcast post-firing. I always took that to mean things were warming up between the two parties.
    So I wonder what caused this latest split? Either someone at Stern who isn't Gary or George has an issue with Chris, and they're powerful enough to prevent him being hired again (which would be a very small list of people), or maybe Gary found out Chris was working with JJP? Assuming the rumors that he did a Godfather art package for JJP are true. I think if you work for JJP, then that closes the door at Stern forever, given the companies' histories.

Baseless speculation on my part, but reading between the lines it sounds to me as if he got passed over for a major project that he thought was gonna be his.

As hard as I have tried to mend the bridge, it’s collapsed

hmmmmm

#3027 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s just a little strange that you & Chris don’t understand what a beloved pop culture icon Weird Al is when this industry is largely fueled by nostalgia.

Never attribute to malice that which could be adequately explained by poor taste.

#3039 2 years ago

Elvira is a 34D for me.

#3041 2 years ago

wow sounds like a Bally Frontier in here all of a sudden

#3068 2 years ago

ooooooooh i’m saving this one until i’m in my COMFY SOCKS

#3071 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Chronicles does pair nicely with a smoking jacket/robe and a whiskey sour.

Can you recommend a show pairing for tighty-whities, a Hypercolor shirt and a dab rig?

#3073 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

yeah, that ensemble pairs nicely with a warm Zima

“‘Yours’ would’ve been a much better punchline jsyk

ahhh yes here we go

14DE2229-957D-4098-933E-5664FED3AE9F (resized).jpeg14DE2229-957D-4098-933E-5664FED3AE9F (resized).jpeg
    #3076 2 years ago

dear dave and ron,

stop making these shows so information-packed, you’re going to wear out the tape on my podcatcher because i keep having to rewind so i don’t miss any of these TASTY NUGGETS

#3078 2 years ago

jesus are you trying to kill me

#3080 2 years ago

is joel v. keith the most wholesome pinball podcast of 2022? too early to tell, but the bar has been set preeeetty high.

#3082 2 years ago
    Quoted from JonCBrand:

I knew I recognized those socks from that sticky Lane Bryant catalog.

nah i only buy my women’s socks heavily used

#3084 2 years ago

why not wearing something pretty to feel pretty?
    [quoted image]

*tarantino intensifies*

2 weeks later
    #3131 2 years ago

hey nick, are you gonna be at TPF to give bingo lessons? if so where is the signup sheet, i wanna be at the top.

#3134 2 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Unfortunately no, but I'm happy to do so at any show I attend in future! My next planned is York in October.

dang, well until then may all your magic screens do whatever the heck it is magic screens are supposed to do, i don’t actually know because i’ve been waiting for someone to show me because bingos confuse and intimidate me.

#3135 2 years ago

Don’t worry Tom. No matter how often people try and rib you for being a Rush apologist, you’ll never be as delusional as Zach is about Halloween.

also joel how come you can get the crazies to come out with your objective review but i can say shit like this and nobody makes a peep

personally i think you should be taking it as a compliment

#3136 2 years ago

ps - free thought exercise for the pinball community in general:

who do you think has the higher chance of being biased about how bad halloween is, the people who stand to lose money if the value tanks or the dude whose catchphrase is literally pausing to think things through before saying “…that’s fair.”

#3138 2 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Ha. I really don't know how to respond to this... Let me think about it

why should i let you think about it? your freshest takes are the hottest ones, spit that fire at me baby, tell me how shitty godzilla is and become the final boss of the pinball internet

#3140 2 years ago

wow joel the post above me claims that you hate godzilla and that you wouldn’t even use the cabinet as a toilet, is this true?

#3142 2 years ago
    Quoted from blastbeat:

What what! Haha. I know you're messing but don't put that hate on me lol. Joel does a great job. I'm nervous for my Halloween but still sticking with it. Time will tell if it stays. Godzilla is another nice theme for me and the fact it's just received so much praise makes me have zero worries. They both arrive around june/July currently.

in my defense, you posted too fast because that was supposed to be in reference to my own post lol

1 week later
    #3157 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I did listen to this episode today. I did not think it was possible, but a Pinball Show record was set.
    An entire episode without a high-pitched "Oooooooh" after a comment. (Not withstanding Bobby Craig's Stern report)
    Zero imitations of movie creatures
    No unfunny homoerotic comments
    No impersonations based on an amalgamation of SNL sketches/movies
    It's clear that Dennis gets dragged down to the lowest common denominator by co-hosts. Can we have another solo host job next week?

you make me not want to come in this thread anymore

#3159 2 years ago

you make me not want to come in this thread anymore

to be clear it’s because you’re mean to people for no reason

sorry just wanted to keep it on a USA today reading level

Quoted from ZMeny:

Off The Record Pinball Podcast Episode 15: The Pinball Tapes Episode 1 - Cyclone
    Host: Zac Coligan
    One Game. One Episode. This Is The Pinball Tapes.
    Thanks again to Zac for submitting the pilot episode of The Pinball Tapes. Email us with your feedback to this new podcast and whether you would like to hear future The Pinball Tapes episodes on The Pinball Network in the future!
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cabwn-11f07cb
    [quoted image]

holy shit this sounds awesome i can’t wait

#3164 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I listened because the post said that Dennis was hosting solo. Otherwise this podcast is a rare listen these days due to everything I mentioned.
    I enjoy plenty of pinball podcasts. Triple Drain, Slam Tilt, silverball chronicles, the one with two guys Marty and Jeff. Common denominator? They all come off as genuine and real, not acting like a character and putting on a bit.

marty and jeff have fake commercials and regularly plot their friends’ murders on their show, what do you mean they don’t do characters and bits

joel literally replaced tom with a soundboard on triple drain one week, your argument makes no sense, quit being a dingus and either be nice or leave

slam tilt is half beavis and butthead impersonations and silverball chronicles is probably the most heavily scripted pinball podcast on the airwaves, quit acting like this, your bias is so blindingly obvious it’s like it was coded by dwight

#3167 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

But I even did Market Trends! /singleteardrop

market trends is holding you back, slip loose its surly bonds and ascend to your throne

#3171 2 years ago

yo i haven’t finished it yet but i can’t wait that long, pinball tapes is one of the best pinball shows i’ve ever heard holy crap

edit: a link to the IPDB page of the game being discussed would be great on the show notes so we can follow along with pics

#3175 2 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Just to clarify. Tom was replaced by a soundboard only once and it was on one of my TPN After Hours chatting streams. The Tom you hear on the podcast is always REAL and UNFILTERED!!!!

you’re right sorry to besmirch the journalistic integrity of triple drain

#3177 2 years ago

ok real talk y’all, do you think there’s an end in sight for this market stupidity or do i just need to get over it and learn to live in this harsh new reality where robocop is a $4,000 game

DA241943-1125-49A5-BBAD-2EE78A2C0BA2 (resized).jpegDA241943-1125-49A5-BBAD-2EE78A2C0BA2 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #3297 2 years ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

Ridiculous behavior DeadFlip
    A full public apology and retraction should happen today. [quoted image]

nevermind i’m an illiterate child, i took this for an anti-zach post

jack is a talented fella but boy does he love his drama

1 month later
    #3399 1 year ago

shucks, i really thought we were gonna see a toy story game from pat lawlor today.

oh well.

Added 22 months ago:

this was a kneejerk reaction that wasn’t fair to the game. it looks really fun.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insanity_falls.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=insanity_falls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.