(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2295 2 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I listen to podcasts on Spotify or occasionally Apple Podcasts. Every other podcast I listen to I can subscribe to just that podcast with these apps. I'm not going to change to "myYahoo", "podnova", "get Juice", "fire ant" or these other obscure apps.

Nonono you don't have to do that at all. The app just merely captures the "Really Simple Syndication" or RSS feed. So for example I use Castbox and wherever in the app you can input the URL of the RSS feed, you get the show episodes as soon as they are available. Just copy and paste the links provided by Dennis.

I have noticed since like 2014 about the pinball community and the toxicity (I got into pinball in 2012). It's pretty sketchy seeing it at conventions as well especially wherever Kaneda is. I avoid him because drama or something almost always bad happens around him (kicked out or warned to be kicked out) or he is in a group talking to them. Nobody mentions that after he received his TWIPY award in Texas he started running after the guy that was boo'ing him (thank you to whomever was yelling "show some respect"). Ran right out into the hallway and I thought a fist fight was going to ensue. Frankly I never want to meet the guy and I'm scared of him especially whenever I go into NYC because there could be a chance of seeing him. The pinball community for the most part is a welcoming and nice community. However when so many communities have banned Kaneda and shunned him but that 1 community, pinball, that says A LOT.

I have asked 2 Pinside mods in the past why they just don't ban people left and right. Forums aren't used anymore as Reddit and social media like Facebook have taken over. So in that regard this forum is like the last bastions of a simpler time on the internet. The mods I met said it's not really that type of forum and they let free speech pretty much flow. Plus the amount of drama that would ensue would be the whole "I'm going to create my own Pinside" drama which would be much worse than banning these people. It's really quite stunning though when you are like "c'mon you know X is a bad actor" and the admin in real life is like "YES we know the guy is an asshole and YES the guy should be banned but...*shrug*...we just let the guy voice his opinion unless he is physically instigating violence or something really bad".

2 years later
    #4405 10 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahhh nah didn’t think too much about it. It’s all work unfortunately so I just get through it posting all of the time. And I wasn’t a good or bad sport having Chris on, because I didn’t have him on. Didn’t matter to me either way, people can do whatever they want with their content, just as I do with mine.

I don't think this post gets the recognition that it deserves. People often slam TPN for being biased or question whether they must follow certain content guidelines on TPN (well there probably are like no hate speech). I love the shows on TPN including The Pinball Party and I'm disappointed to hear the Kaneda episode. However it's up the listener or viewer to decide to enjoy the content presented and they are free to do so on TPN.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=hool10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.