(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fooflighter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#334 4 years ago

So is Greg Bone Hollywoodbone going to be part of the future Pinball Show episodes?

#385 4 years ago

Great 2nd show. Agree with tbutler6, candid and good balance. Great to have Dennis on the podcast. Good back and forth discussion

1 week later
    #674 4 years ago

Also noticed that Zach mentioned they are now offering free shipping on STERN'S from Flip N Out.

7 months later
    #1837 3 years ago

Great show @ZMeny, and thank you for going into detail on the distributor situation for the GnR rollout. You hit the nail on the head as that is exactly how I feel at the end of the day, we want to honor the distribution network but JJP has a decision to make in the future or else they have just instructed their CE buyers to skip the distribution route going forward.

1 year later
    #2778 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

As an audiophile, my head hurt when Zach admitted to not knowing the difference between an LP and a 45.
    ...also, it's rare when there was a second hit on the flipside of a 45. The record companies would generally put the worst track of the album on there.
    Hey Zach....Have you considerd a CD jukebox? They still make cds and you'll get the entire album on there.

Brings back memories of the Who's Pinball Wizard 45, backside was Dogs Part 2..I always got a kick out of that song, we used to play it over and over as kids on my Sears 33/45 lol

2 months later
    #3049 2 years ago

Episode 93 on Podbean stopped working

2 months later
    #3356 1 year ago

Love the format, however I can only imagine the editing that has to go on to make the video version of this happen, especially creating the edited seemless flow that the audio version has. I can understand if this is a special and not the norm, but the production values of this were top notch!! Just picked up a Snikt! shirt as well

1 month later
    #3472 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Interesting... As I pulled the short straw and I'm the one having to edit our Triple Drain episodes I've never thought about bleeping out Tom and Travis. If people would prefer that then I would consider doing it.

Naw, just put a disclaimer like Zach does and let people choose to listen at their discretion. I say let the F bombs fly. Less work for you as well.

#3486 1 year ago

Great show!

2 weeks later
    #3511 1 year ago

Great episode again Triple D

#3523 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 108: Bye Buddy, Hope You Find Your Home Team
    Host: Zach Meny
    - Stern Pinball's NEW Home Team Insider Connected Feature
    - Future Insider Connected Features
    - Elf Pinball, Can It Be True?!
    - A Unique, Overlooked Recent Code Update
    - Stern Pinball Production Updates
    - Next Stern Cornerstone Title Reveal
    - SHUPI V4.0
    - Stupid Remote Controls
    - JJP's Newest Unannounced Game Designer?
    - Spooky Pinball Is High
    - American Pinball Makes A Great Decision
    - Multimorphic Is Trending Up
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Sending A Public Reminder To A Fellow Podcaster That Has A Past Due Payment! #wheresmymoney
    Follow, like, and subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN), the industry leader in pinball broadcasting.
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-mdsgm-1293677
    [quoted image]

Just FYI, the Nvidia Shield is heads and shoulders above most if not all Smart TV's built in apps.

Not only is the streaming content better formatted, usually Dolby Atmos + 4k/UHD, but the menu smoothness asd well as compression cleanup of the signal are far superior due to the processor vs TV

The remote is also, simple to use, and has a locater function built in.

I have it on both my main Theater TV and regular viewing and would never go back

4 weeks later
    #3598 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

The constant sarcastic belittling remarks/jokes lobbed by Travis at Joel are exhausting to listen to…
    Obviously, your show. But, it was enough to have me stop listening this week.

As most guys do... the closer the friend, the more brutal the attack and joking. Ex. "Passing friend at league night" - Fist bump ensues and a casual, hey man how's it going..."Close friend of 27 years" - insert brutal off color remark here

But I get it, for the listener, it may be a little worn to hear berating remarks, albeit lighthearted and in good fun, at every convo piece

I think Joel gives it back admirably though and Tom is Switzerland-like enough to straddle the fence line and play both camps

Also, everyone singing in unison chorus makes for a boring podcast. I like the occasional interruptions and derailments.

#3605 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

For some reason I always picture the Triple Drain guys like one of my favorite foods: The Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich.
    Joel of course is the gushy, sweet jelly, loved by family and friends, and available in many flavors and formats. Sure he can be sticky on things like Halloween and GNR, but overall you needs him.
    Trav is obviously the peanut butter. He can be crunchy, but everyone prefers his smoothness and the density of his knowledge. I like a thick coat of PB on my sandwich and just like Trav, the more the better, even if I disagree with the choice later. And if you don’t wipe him off the knife after using, he will stick around in your head (or in the dishwasher).
    And then there’s Tom. Lovely, comforting, soft Thomas. Try eating PB and J without quality bread holding them together. Yeah, it’s impossible to truly enjoy either without the often overlooked and understated bread. Tom is a nice honey wheat bread that doesn’t stick to your teeth like that bullshit white bread. He doesn’t need to be sweet; he doesn’t need to be salty. Just let the bread be the bread.

So...They could now be referred to as the "Tastiest" podcast around. I think they should use the Candy Crush game callout "Tasty" to the soundboard options

P.S. I have to object to the bread choice though...If I still ate bread, ya have to go with the Wonder for PB&J. The teeth sticking is the best part

2 weeks later
    #3664 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Yeah it makes me wonder if we are the idiots putting out content for free. I know we enjoy making Triple Drain because it's a fun conversation with friends but are we apparently leaving a few thousand dollars on the table every month? I'm glad I can offer free pinball content because I know how much free pinball content I enjoy myself but maybe we are all crazy for doing the work with no compensation. There are plenty of pinball podcasts I'd happily pay for because I enjoy their content and want to support them for what they are doing and stand for. I know my personal goal is to make sure I'm supporting and encouraging people's enjoyment of pinball and hopefully sharing some laughs along the way. At the end of the day it is just a toy that we are all obsessed with but it is this community that really makes it a blast. I have no interest in dragging drown any person or anything they have made in this hobby and any negative feedback I've shared has always been with hope that it can be improved or addressed. As a content creator the words of support really mean a ton but boy does the negative feedback sting so much more. We need more positivity and support in this hobby.

Love your positive spin Joel and your play streams... Just all round fun discussions and entertainment!!! Keep it up

#3665 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

This is my favorite. Instead of learning from mistakes, or truly apologizing, or changing aggressive behavior, or hell even talking with your rabid blind followers about the importance of safety and respect toward one another, what does Chris do the very next day?…
    Makes a post to ask for more money as a way to silence those that he intends to harm. Look at that imagery…weapon in hand, leading an army…wow. And those he attacks should just be quiet and turn the other cheek because he gets drunk and has no consequences…
    Keep paying the guy, it’s working. I just pray that one of you don’t do something fucked up to hurt me, my family, my friends, or anyone else for that matter. I suppose a pinch of human decency is too much to ask, because hey, it’s just pinball…
    [quoted image]

I cancelled my sub yesterday, new to the hobby years ago his spin was entertaining (or so I thought). The growing antics and look at me drunken lambasting has become tiresome. I come to pinball for fun and entertainment, not to tear people down... The older I get, the more I rid myself of toxins, either friendships or vices. I applaud you Zach for standing up for yourself and your principles.

1 week later
    #3758 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 114: I'm Confused, But Is It Really The Drugs?
    Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny
    - Doctor Said I Need A Backiotomy
    - Stern James Bond 007 Updates & First Impressions
    - Elwin's 60th Anniversary James Bond Predictions
    - Sorting Through The Confusion Of Product Launches
    - Stern Pinball Production Updates
    - Trademarking A New Pinball Term
    - Franchi Showing His Cards
    - Diet TNA
    - Pinball Media Going Patreon
    - NEW SEGMENT: Thank You Pinball
    - More Changes To American Pinball's Model Offerings
    - Celebrities Like The Cut Of Zach's Jib
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Steals Of The Week
    Follow, like, and subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN), the industry leader in pinball broadcasting.
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-gsgqq-12e44ff[quoted image]

Superman 78, or better yet a Richard Donner 2 part version with the Zod carry over story from Superman 2 would be a.. take my money now theme. Christopher Reeve or go home especially with John Williams theme. Turn 50 next month. Right in my Gen X wheel house! KNEEL before ZOD!!!!

3 months later
    #3975 1 year ago

I was dying laughing at the "Flippy" bit... Figure it out!

5 months later
    #4499 9 months ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

Yes, heard it on your show, but where was the Kaneda rant video? Looks like he pulled it off his FB page. (Which he has done before after making similar attacks in the past.)

pm sent

5 months later
    #4698 3 months ago

Finally got the Mandalorian LE I've been searching for for 2 years all set up and topped it off with this awesome Stern banner I won courtesy of Flip N Out Pinball and ZMeny of The Pinball Show

20240106_204323 (resized).jpg20240106_204323 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #4708 3 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 47 VIDEO MODE

Great show! 100% agree with all your takes on Jaws. I saw that combo shot that Travis mentioned first thing and that was what really got me excited about the pin before the official gameplay release . I have a Premium on order with Zach so I'm biased, but I truly think this game is going to surprise some that have been focusing on the Shark.

#4719 3 months ago

I am doing a late night workout and listening to the latest Pinball Show episode and I am dying laughing at the special gift Zach and Nicole got each other... I can't even get my sets in. Thanks for the chuckles guys!

2 months later
    #4820 9 days ago

"Is the pig the good guy or is he the food?"

Man that had me laughing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fooflighter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=fooflighter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.