(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The whole thing has kind of a “we are making this up as we go along” vibe to it.

It's been a 101 course on how to fail at marketing but more importantly I echo others in asking why this needs to be all under one group? Besides trying to build a Flippin Out Pinball monopoly, what is the benefit? Is it really additional exposure bc that's impossible considering pinball is the definition of niche. 10/10 people think folks like us are crazy to be this involved..... And yes 10/10 bc the margin of error is how small this is so other content would get discovered. You don't need a network to be heard.

Kanedas url purchase was hilarious btw! Now that's funny.

Regardless good content will be delivered no doubt..... Just hope it's not saturated with BUY BUY BUY....... From Zach at Flippin out.

#49 4 years ago

Zach - I mentioned in my response that I’m sure there will be GOOD content. I question the existence of this “network”.

Your agenda has gone from an innocent hobbyist driven YouTube channel, to a distributor who has saturated the market with the BUY BUY BUY from flippin out (PF issues be damned - hey whats the big deal guys????). As a fan of OG SDTM, that SUCKS!

Let me repeat - it’s NOT a content concern. I’m questioning why is it necessary for all of these talented folks to be under your network? Besides the obvious distributor exposure, the only other benefit I can see is to address that nagging pain in the ass called Kaneda who continues to have the most popular pinball content which I know drives you crazy. Do you think the network is going to take viewership away? Honestly, I would have thought you would see how that strategy makes no sense but after watching this train wreck of an introduction, all bets are off.

I just hope these folks who have signed up are not taking a step backwards b/c they’re talented by themselves. I also hope it’s not just a big informercial where flippin out is plugged all day long. I’m going to throw up if I see or hear another reminder.

EDIT - I’ve literally had three people reach out to me via PM to inform me of another possibility as to why this network was created. Grouping all of these streams together in the hopes more money can be collected vs individually. Yeah OK - that can be added to the list too. I didn’t see making more money under their mission statement of diversity and unity. Oh pinside.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

The FIRST thing you do is buy a .COM website, way before you go public.

Haha I know. The guy who they don’t want anything to do with comes in and takes it further rubbing the salt in. Oh and btw the guy does marketing for a living. What an FU. Hilarious.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Couple quick things. My name is Ken Cromwell and I'm one of the founders of The Pinball Network. For those of you that are familiar with the podcast scene I am one of the hosts of Special When Lit Pinball Podcast.
    Nobody is "working under Zach" or his distributorship. The goal of TPN is to have some fun working with different content providers in a team atmosphere to do something we all enjoy. Helping shows/personalities with additional exposure for their content is a good thing in my opinion. We aren't monetizing off of podcasts and all twitch streamers broadcast under their own stream keys so they keep 100 percent of their earnings (donations, subs, bits, etc). It's certainly not a money grab and is more a "labor of love" for pinball and the people that would like another form to get their content out there. Some of us will also offer new content working with new hosts as it's something we've enjoyed doing for some time now.
    Regarding making rookie mistakes of running this as a business? Those comments are actually understandable because we were never formed as a business to make money from the community or it's content providers. If we were profit driven this would have been approached completely differently. It's really as simple as that.
    If anyone would like to be a part of this content hub please email us at [email protected]. We are looking forward to new ideas and fresh faces!
    Finally, if pinball content isn't your thing (I get it) it's just as easy to not pay attention as we won't be asking you to "BUY, BUY, BUY!" Looking forward to having some fun.

Glad to hear and even better - we won’t be saturated with flippin out reminders to buy NIB pinball machines. Win win.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

If he joined a club, he'd lose a foil. That's part of the schtick. This is all for the sake of entertainment, and that aspect is part of his brand, being critical, among other things.
    I don't think it would work for either party, to merge. Not in the least.

It's not a schtick for Kaneda. Just straight forward no shill feedback. I subscribe to the same mentality regardless if the feedback is good or bad.

This talk about "with respect to pinball" just screams we're going to ass kiss all day BUT I'm hoping that the folks in this network won't let a distributor dictate their content as that's my biggest concern with this whole thing.

Again the more exposure thing makes no sense considering how small this industry is. These guys don't need a network. Some of these guys have been critical though on games (Jason's podcast) and I just hope this network doesn't make it shill 24/7. That's TBD but hey let's bring in the content and judge from there. This is just preliminary feedback based on Zach’s dumpster fire rollout. The network would be better served without a distributor spokesman.

In case it wasn’t clear before....I plan on tuning in bc I love pinball and I’m sure others who have been perceived as critical to the network will too. Again this hobby is so small but super passionate so you’ll have viewers..... the same ones who tuned in when you weren’t all together.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

What do you get when you mix a broken record, a crying baby, and a couple Kaneda tears?....... Delt
    Hope you stub your toe today buddy

Now that wasn’t very nice snowflake. Talking to others that might not agree with everything you say isn’t a bad thing. You might learn something. Being critical also doesn’t mean we don’t like you Zach. But hey I do agree, I made my point. Feel free to PM too. Believe me it’s coming from a good place.

2 weeks later
    #390 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Where's the BONE!
    I need some salt to go with all this sugar.

I agree. Been on the sidelines giving this network a chance but this episode with my man Dennis (love that guy) just put me over the edge. I was almost there with the previous love fest with Zach making bad jokes and defending stern’s decision with the UV light while the other new guy just laughed and laughed. But this.....wow.

Tuned in and found out the other two folks I really liked (and gave me hope with their direct criticism in the past) are no longer in the network. Jason and The Bone. Big surprise. Disappointing for sure and I wouldn’t be surprised if the other salt (Dennis) leaves next.

So I listened to the episode b/c of Dennis and right off the bat (Rick and Morty), Zach mentions FLIPIN OUT PINBALL did the commentary rule audio role better and first and then says you can’t really trust Whysnow (Hilton) b/c HE is a supporter of Spooky. Zach is unbelievable. Distributor calling out another pinball person for being bias. Then he defends stern LE pricing and everything they’re doing with STh. He then reminds us he enjoys Stranger Things (emphasizing it’s made by STERN) more than the entire top 10 on pinside. An opinion I know but something that is SO ridiculous that poor Dennis’ head almost exploded. Considering who’s saying it, and the agenda, tasteless. He’s so busy spamming I’m not even sure he’s listening to his own words. Zach - please take a step back and re-evaluate what is going on. I remember picking sides at one point for SDTM (great idea) This is coming from a team Zach voter.

I liked Fowler and his input. I liked Bone and hearing his view. Remember when this network was going to bring more visibility and have more content? Someone remind me where I can find their content now? Oh that’s right - it’s no longer available. BUT - I’m so glad we have MORE Zach. That’s what everyone wants.

I only hope there is MUCH less Zach. MUCH less. Like the randoms podcast was much more interesting. Otherwise, let’s just change the name to what this is.

TDN: The Distributor Network.

Dennis - keep on trucking my man and if you bail, I don’t fault you. I’m now listening to your podcast (Eclectic Gamers Podcast). Good stuff.

My two cents btw, don’t care to defend or go back and forth with posts supporting it. Down or upvote away. Just call them like I see them.

#401 4 years ago

For the record, I would love much more pre distributor OG SDTM Zach. OG Zach would have called out that UV BS in two seconds. Would have been a dramatic pause, SDTM camera zoom and him saying WTF stern. He knows it too.

The new I’m just a helpless distributor Zach (oh geeze shucks guys - I just want to provide everyone with free entertainment and expand the network....but don’t mind while I saturate you with Flippin out everything, look the other way when stern does us wrong and worst of all - criticize those who questioned obvious PF defects...BUY BUY BUY!)......that is what’s so frustrating. That biased view is poison and as someone that looked forward to hearing from him, it’s disappointing. I continue to think the ship can turn around which is why I tune in (I love pinball) but it doesn’t appear that’s happening anytime soon.

OG SDTM Zach.......hopefully you find your way home.

#596 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Where does this mentality come from, maybe they actually want a little feedback on what people like and dislike. I guess some of them really enjoy just sitting in a room talking to the walls but I suspect the vast majority prefer to hear from the audience. Why else would they post it online for people to listen too? This whole shower them with praise or fuck off thing is just so bizarre.

ssshhhhh it's free. Can't say anything.

Oh wait - is it free or does Zach use it as a platform to advertise, shill and sell you pinball machines? How people who use this defense of being "free" can't see that amazes me but more importantly......

Folks bring up a good point about focusing on a solution. Great point. Here is mine and it's so easy.

If Zach was upfront and said what's going on, that he will be the company guy (stern, JJP, etc) b/c shit, how can he not be, he's a freaking distributor, I know I wouldn't even think about commenting b/c then it's just out there. No BS. He's being transparent and I would respect him for it. It's his business - I can understand that.

It's the I'm a helpless distributor just trying to contribute to the community shtick that rubs folks the wrong way. Just say I'm going to use TPN to also sell and therefore if I express my opinion it will likely be bias. I know he doesn't want to b/c he so desperately wants to have it both ways but he would come off SOOOO much more genuine if he did.

#600 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I listened to most of the second episode of the main show this week, and Krystle's today, didn't hear any advertising at all today, and I can't say I remember any on the other show.

Yes I don't think everyone on the network does this. That's a great point and if that wasn't clear, appreciate you calling that out. My comment is very specific to Zach. Unfortunately he does so much blitz marketing for TPN, that he comes off as the owner/leader of it which is confusing to some.

#604 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

She seemed pretty fluid to me. Just kind of a quick intro, not much to say other than general background and a direction. I'm sure it'll get smoother over time.
    I'd assume guest interviews will address some of what you're concerned about. It's tough to freeflow, when direction is somewhat just...there, and direct content isn't a part of what's being discussed.

No worries Delt.
    I'd say just wait and give the pot more time to develop. There's content here, will be more, if you want it.
    I definitely miss the SDTM stuff, but that faded a lot when Zach went into biz.

Yeah - my feedback isn't the volume of content or lackthereof (well it is a bummer about Jason and the Bone). It's just the bias/shilling and that's strictly focused on Zach.

Ok I'm out again - this thread gets my attention sometimes. Carry on.

#606 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

As far as a show goes I like it now because of Ken and LESS Zach and Kriesel talking about nothing for 2 hours

ICE - glad we agree. I like that much better too.

Also - it's not about anybody telling me anything. I just like transparency. You understand this (mentioning that you know Zach's game, the fact his shilling to sell). I get this too. I truly don't think some do and I think Zach believes he's being non bias too - that's my point.

OK - for reals now. Cheers - have a drink. Enjoy the weekend and that killer fight.

#610 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

As a reminder, email us at [email protected] to submit your own one-off pinball podcast episode so others can hear what a great pinball podcast should sound like.
    Cmon delt31, the mic is calling for ya.

ZMeny - let's make this fun for everyone. I wouldn't be opposed to stepping in during a "no Dennis" week and help keep your shilling to a minimum which will benefit everyone. No one's going to doubt my integrity that's for sure and I've never been shy or at a loss for words!

That's my counter offer - PM me if interested. We can talk about stern pricing, UV lights, their above and beyond investment in pinball quality amongst other things. Midwest meets NY. I'm sure it will garner some attention for TPN and it will of course be clean and civil. Cheers.

#612 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Sounds more like a "TPN Mid-Week" show to me. I have no interest in co-hosting with you

No worries. Just making sure that box is checked off if others ask about taking it off a keyboard and participating live which to me, sounds fine as I would be happy to ensure things remain balanced (in a civilized and clean fashion btw). I do think my input on this topic has been clean as well. It's not always overly positive but I call them like I see them.

Zach made the offer so I thought I would respond ; )

#620 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

I think as a condition of entry you should have to have something positive to share about pinball. It can't just be the guy that shits on everything because "he's no shill". lol.

There is SO much good in pinball right now. Prob the best it's been since I really got into the hobby. I think folks that just follow this topic see that I'm negative towards zach's shilling and you would be right - I've called it out b/c it needed to be done. That isn't to say I'm always negative - quite the opposite. Here are just some examples

1) Best time in pinball for themes (IMO) - GB, JP, new GnR, new tmnt, Wonka. Absolutely loving it
    2) For stern, no question they nailed it with JP2. One of the best ever. If the audio was good from the start, instant classic
    3) Spooky killing it with R+M. American success story that demonstrates the power of what you can achieve in this country. Still the best.
    4) JJP - pirates established what an over the top pin can be. Absolutely loaded. Wonka still a miss from being the classic it should have been but it's still fun. Excited for GnR

The list goes on and on.

#621 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Just figured we would offer a platform for you to be heard and show how it’s done. No bother with hosting/rss feeds, just a stage to create a podcast that you would want to hear. Then, I’d be up for a guest spot on Midweek.

Not sure I follow this but it sounds like you want me to do a podcast by myself to prove I can be on midweek? If so, you must be joking.

Zach - I'll make that show interesting from the first second. I've already been on Kaneda's show too and had a fun time (check the pirates episode).

The only thing that interests me about your initial offer was speaking to you, further understanding your view on all topics pinball and providing the pinside faithful with a fun back and forth that will be entertaining for sure. If you can handle that and actually walk the walk, not just talk about it, PM me. Otherwise who cares.

#629 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I’ll tune in. Stage is ready whenever you guys get one together

I am only interested in Zach. He’s notorious for dodging (like he’s doing now). Zach - you should be more confident than you are. I’m not going to bury you but ultimately help build you. Rise to the occasion and step up outside your comfort zone. When you’re ready, PM me and we’ll bring fun to the masses. It will be the ultimate Hannity and Colmes of pinball.

Cheers

#633 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I have confidence covered, as well as fairness and decency. I think Kaneda’s podcast may be a better fit honestly. He dreams of podcasting with me as well. It’ll be a good subject topic for you two. I’ll tune in and listen to support ya.

haha! That's my boy Zach. Dodge anyone that doesn't agree with you but act really strong with Ken and the boys. Hey - at least you’re consistent with the ability to not be confident in yourself and not want to actually speak to someone that differs. Just remember that when you go on your next podcast and pound your chest as someone that can handle anyone - clearly, you can't.

You can put Kaneda down too but he'll talk to anyone and everyone. And continue “dreaming” about being the #1 pinball podcast. You can thank Kaneda for that which I know burns you big time.

My offer still stands though if/when you're confident enough. I think we can provide some good entertainment for the pinside community and keeping it clean and civil.

For those questioning anyone's ability to take it off a keyboard, we all can clearly see who can't step up. Not surprised.

Moving on.

#649 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Man you’re so full of yourself. Give it a rest. If you’re some zen podcaster then by all means go for it. My guess is I’ll never hear word one from you on an actual podcast. I’m sure you will continue to play keyboard commando though.

Although not surprising, your guess is wrong Tom - already been on Kaneda's podcast. And I'm just responding to Zach's request to be on TPN - not sure if you missed that.

Thanks for playing though Tom - I can tell the speed of this is a little too fast for you.

But lets end this on a positive note. There is a lot to love about pinball right now...I just encourage transparency. Enjoy the weekend and the fight - super pumped for it.

1 month later
    #985 4 years ago

I’ve really enjoyed the last few episodes of the pinball show. They have been much more balanced - the “push” isn’t so in your face as the earlier ones I’ve heard (there will always be some but that’s to be expected). B/w this and the recent SDTM content, Zach has been bringing the A game IMO. Dennis always brings it. Overall good job and thanks again for the content.

And for the LOVE OF GOD - keep in the BUY BUY BUY segments. Always been a fan as I love reading the market. Cheers

2 months later
    #1282 3 years ago

So.....I’ve really enjoyed the recent podcasts with Zach and Dennis. I’ve probably listened to all the recent ones and then today I listened to the topper one.

Before going into my thoughts I will say that Zach is getting a TON of crap from not only pinside but other outlets as well. I will keep this short as I don’t want to pile on here.

I stopped midway through the episode b/c I couldn’t stomach it.

Here is my suggestion to Zach.

I know you have to sell machines - it is your job and therefore I listen to your opinions with that in mind and ultimately really enjoy your contributions with this in mind. What I think really bothers people though is when you try to defend the BS. When you challenge those who say it’s a cash grab by saying it’s a great topper and stern is innovating and they spent a ton of time to code a BS mode and therefore should charge for it.

That approach is REALLY a killer. It cuts down on your character.

Make the videos showing th product. Let the listeners know it’s available - let them know how to get it and what it brings to the table. That’s totally cool b/c you’re a distributor but please don’t proactively defend stern b/c it just comes off sleezy when it’s so obvious stern is bending the community over period. I also read you were trying to play both sides of the coin. I hope that was the case but in something so clearly wrong, sometimes there aren’t two sides. Old Zach is absolutely raging right now.

God bless Dennis with his patience btw who methodologically sliced through the nonsense (for the conversation I listened too - not sure if he just gave up haha).

I’m sure the episode had much more to offer but I couldn’t listen to it. I will certainly check out the next ones and appreciate the time put into these but just a suggestion on making a living but not compromising your integrity in the process.

10 months later
    #2209 2 years ago

The takeover is coming.

#2241 2 years ago

What's up fellas. I know this thread is dominated with TPN 4 lifers so just a quick message - Zach and I thought this would be entertaining and I know it's pretty long so for people that want to skip the marriage counseling, they'll find an engaging (positive) conversation about the latest in pinball an hour or so in.

Zach - appreciate the invite. I enjoyed the discussion. I also appreciate the positive pms I've been receiving from pinside members. Thanks guys.

Cheers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.