4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,108 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 0 votes
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 4 votes
      25%
    • The Addams Family 0 votes
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 0 votes
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 2 votes
      13%
    • Theatre Of Magic 2 votes
      13%
    • Scared Stiff 1 vote
      6%
    • White Water 0 votes
    • Cirqus Voltaire 0 votes
    • The Shadow 1 vote
      6%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 1 vote
      6%
    • Funhouse 3 votes
      19%
    • Cactus Canyon 2 votes
      13%
    • Radical :) 0 votes

(16 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 120 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

37A4B31F-0EB5-4612-9076-5E4A25DD82A4 (resized).jpeg
    F6D50820-3076-4BBB-BA8C-732985C11BFF (resized).jpeg
    1B2ED5E4-C23D-4239-B337-CF66A938F6E2 (resized).jpeg
    53435D17-922A-4D60-BB38-BEC3B488F313 (resized).jpeg
    86881039-8ADB-41EE-8919-62BD99FA0E7F (resized).jpeg
    5A03835B-98A5-411B-A046-7F95A19C5A73.png
    1A09553F-63FD-4626-BC3B-1FBC07C36F8B (resized).jpeg
    F4CC7B49-1B09-44DA-9583-472F29FDB4F0 (resized).png
    93B112D7-8AD6-4A5D-9485-5E0853A2DABE (resized).jpeg
    F6D9B6FC-83A5-4C36-94DC-1AD872D89332 (resized).jpeg
    F33EC0EC-71BF-4C8F-B914-5A1C83E89C91 (resized).jpeg
    4B2804E5-B14F-4582-9DB8-300A6F165CD3 (resized).jpeg
    E86F5F97-F3F0-4113-8F30-5A71BBC6396D (resized).jpeg
    580328D9-E284-4C6B-8413-76566487550A (resized).jpeg
    827CE205-2F2A-48BE-8049-D18B4155360C (resized).jpeg
    Silverball Stories (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidlldennis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#316 3 months ago
    Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

Zach pretty much nailed it. Further, the music, which I write, serves as indications to the listener of time changes, moments for reflection, or to accent the mood of the moment. For example, in this episode, the trapesqe beat with me spouting off phrases of frustration, highlight my love for the movie Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, as it's something Steve Martian says in the film. But also, to note the continued frustration I felt over many months, which is why the music goes on for 15 seconds or so longer than any other in the story. Thus, serves as a subtle indication of how difficult the task was getting as the months passed.
    In the end, I understand that it may feel like 'filler' but there is a reason for placing such music in certain spots. Now when it comes to the music at the end, I write a new outro song for every episode and it's just my time to showcase some tunes. Once, I say "this is Josh Jacobs from the Pinball Network signing out" that is the end of the show. You may choose to listen to the music further if you like it or stop the player. Regardless, I want to thank you for listening and giving a new format a try.

This was something else. I loved it!

#323 3 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Imagine a world where when you open your iPhone you saw every podcast you’ve ever been interested in, all in one place, and all it took was pressing a different picture on your screen than you normally do.

Witchcraft!!! Burn Him!!!

#366 3 months ago
    Quoted from fauxcalin:

Really enjoying the content so far but with Silverball Chronicles the audio is just way too distracting with the hosts coming in from different sides of headphones. Dennis and Ron put on an entertaining show, but stereo audio is the way to go, having it spliced between two mono channels makes it hurt my ears, especially for a longform podcast. Really hope this gets worked out, keep it up guys!

Thanks for the feedback! My first audio project and I must have screwed that up live and learn!

I'll stick the audio back together and we will upload a new version.

#375 3 months ago
    Quoted from Vino:

The chronicles is the best content created for this network so far. Most hobbyists know Steve Richies story (ep 1) simply because he tells it himself so hilariously well - but nice job David and Ron!
    Two cents to consider:
    -David needs a better mic. Not so good.
    - It could be cut down under an hour.
    - have a quick 5 with the subject at the end as a payoff if possible or with those that knew them.
    Worth a listen - Good luck!

Wow thanks fella. I generally have no idea what I'm doing The research is the really issue. So many sources and compiling them into a show format. We're aiming for monthly, which is why they tend to be a bit longer than an hour.

I'll try calibrating my mic better... It's a pretty fancy mic which I don't understand.

Thanks for the great feedback!

#404 3 months ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

For the record I think your comments are much more poisonous than what anyone says or doesnt say on a pinball podcast. Sorry you arent liking some of the FREE PINBALL CONTENT being offered.

Personally, I think you guys should enjoy knowing you're such a large part of someones life. It's heart warming to know that someone cares

#452 3 months ago

Usually when I don't like the food in a restaurant I go to the chef and yell at him/her about the quality and what I would have done better. Then over the period of weeks when I return to eat lunch I repeatedly harass the chef about how much better they once were and how I still hate their food... I feel it's healthy for the mind and spirit...

#457 3 months ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

There is really no need for swing to the extremes, every successful restaurant on the planet values feedback. It by far the preference to just walking away and never coming back.

Feedback isn't consistent harassment... say your peace... move on...

#474 3 months ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

My wife has always been solidly team Zach while I go for the Bone.

This is getting out of hand...

#479 3 months ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Have you ever heard the Top Cast interview with Python Angelo? Good stuff!

I just listened to this for our Podcast... Some great (crazy) content...

#514 3 months ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Instead of whining why don’t you just put me on ignore. endlessly.

Today I learned I can ignore people...

#557 3 months ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I agree. I’ve been critical of the whole distributor run podcast network thing

I think this is where a lot of the misunderstanding is...

It's a network run by like mined people who enjoy the hobby. Zach just happens to also be a distro. The other network founders, Ken and Dennis have zero interest in that business.

#562 3 months ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I get that for sure - I probably shouldn't have described it quite like that. Just to be clear, I like Zach. I think he's a great guy and I had the pleasure of speaking with him briefly at TPF 2018. Very down to earth and easy to get along with. I would see him through the crowds once in a while over the course of the weekend and he was working so hard, literally non-stop the entire time just to get footage for SDTM. I definitely appreciate the amount of work and sacrifice that goes into producing content like that. The original SDTM will go down as THE BEST pinball content, period, no contest...IMO. It may still be around but it'll never be the same and I guess that's what bother me the most. Off mic and off camera I'm sure Zach is still exactly the same great guy he always was but the content he is a part of has definitely changed and I completely understand the reason why it has to. He cannot talk about games as freely as he used to, there's just no getting around it. The only issue I have is that this is now something that will possibly spread to all these other podcasters and pinball media in general. The bottom line is I enjoy listening to people talk candidly about pinball - no holds barred, unfiltered - good, bad, and everything in between. I just hope that that will be the end result of all this. Those are my thoughts on the matter. I don't really want to keep beating a dead horse. The latest episode of The Pinball Show was excellent and I hope that continues. There's not much else to say. We'll see what happens.

well said

#686 3 months ago

I hate to take away from all the insulting but I'm finalizing our next Silverball Chronicles Podcast episode. The first one went pretty well!

The next topic is Stern Electronics from the late 70's and early 80's. I was wondering if I could get some comments/feedback on the following topics. I'd like to add the comments to the podcast.

Stern Electronics - Company
    Sam Stern/Gary Stern - Owners
    Chicago Coin - Company
    Steve Kirk - Designer
    Harry Williams - Designer

Games:

Stingray
    Stars
    Meteor
    9 Ball
    Seawitch (and the Beatles Remake)
    Quicksilver
    Flight 2000

#715 3 months ago

If everyone is done solving the issues of society, I'd suggest staying on topic...

#845 3 months ago

New segment... "Dennis Recites Fairy Tales"

#903 86 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I really enjoyed the first Silverball Chronicles, in fact, I think its one of the most interesting pinball podcasts to date.
    So.. any date for next release in this series?
    Keep up the good work, TPN people!

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, that really means a lot. The next episode is complete and will be released shortly.

#908 83 days ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Is this week's Pinball Show coming? Normally, it's out on a Monday isn't it? I know some of them were at Louisville, so that might have delayed taping. Plus, maybe they wanted to wait until Hot Wheels was revealed?

Ken and Zach where at the Louisville Arcade Expo this weekend. I'd assume they didn't have time to record and edit.

1 week later
    #962 74 days ago

The latest episode of Silverball Stories is up! And, if you're into the 80s and early 90s you won't want to miss this one. Check it out here:
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-k5s5p-d68d13?utm_campaign=au_share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=au_share[quoted image]

I realllllly like these!!!

#967 73 days ago
    Quoted from ssdobbins:

when i typed in thepinballnetwork.com it went to Pizza Hut??????

People demanded a website... www.thepinballnetwork.net

#973 73 days ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

“He doesn’t know how to say his real name??” - David Dennis
    LOL, that’s one of my favorite podcast lines ever!

My goodness the editing I did to fix the other names I screwed up so people had no idea... At this point I was like screw it...

#977 71 days ago
    Quoted from Lrrr:

David and Ron, your podcast is not only an excellent pinball podcast, it is simply an excellent podcast. It would be great if all podcasts crammed so much info into an hour, (and more.) Your prep work is superb, and hopefully this prep work has allowed you to minimize editing. Great content. Thanks!

Thanks a lot fella. There is a lot of editing mostly because Ron is correcting stuff I just sorta make up or when I sound reallllly dumb we ended up a great team and I'm really greatful for Ron!

#981 70 days ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Hey David Dennis, enjoying the history podcasts, as I hope most are. A small correction:
    Chicago Coin never made bingo pinballs. Those are flipper less games made between 1951-1981 in the US, and still manufactured in other countries. These are typified as having a bingo card on the backglass.
    Chicago coin did make some gambling pinballs, but their participation was fairly limited, and coincided with the participation of most other manufacturers (including Gottlieb). It seems like you lumped some of these gambling games in as 'bingos'.
    Chicago Coin was most known in later years for their alternate coin op games, but they were in on the ground floor with pingames, and even shared a factory with Gottlieb at one point. We put an illustration of the adjoining factory in the first issue of Coin-Op Carnival (shameless plug).
    Happy to discuss further if you'd like! Keep up the good work.

You're totally right I did slack and lump them all in on the same "bingo' term... I'll toss that in on the next episode to add more clarity. Thanks a bunch for being involved in the podcast!

I'll also plug Coin-Op Carnival and when I finally get to a show I'll pick up a copy!

1 week later
    #991 60 days ago

Here is a link to the a summary of Canadian Government benefits: https://www.dennisfinancial.net/blog/1094704-UPDATED-Canadas-Economic-Response-Plan

I also mistakenly said the 75% wage subsidy was up to $847 a 'month' which should have been a 'week'... slip (syrup) of the tongue.

1 week later
    #1014 48 days ago
    Quoted from longwetsocks:

What Zach said. If there are any repair/maintenance topics you would like to see covered in this series, please reach out to one of us and we will do our best to cover it. I've pretty much wrapped up rebuilding all 3 of my pins, so hopefully I'll find a new project pin to film a bunch of videos on soon.

Some basics... Adjusting leaf switches, using a multimeter to trace issues, and changing pop bumpers

#1018 48 days ago
    Quoted from longwetsocks:

Agreed. I need to find a game to rebuild some pops on. A lot of people are turned off by replacing the lamp sockets and it's really not too bad once you get the hang of it. A few videos on basic multimeter use, reading schematics, etc. would be great.

My biggest issue was replacing the coil stop and then the pop kept blowing a fuse... Turned out the pop ring wasn't aligned correctly and was sticking. Took months to figure it out...

1 week later
    #1028 41 days ago
    Quoted from Coz:

NOT to be outdone by zmeny , dennisk has just installed his own “above ground” pool[quoted image]

Is that a Panama hat?

#1042 40 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Really enjoy the latest Silverball Chronicles. But tell me, will there be a follow up on episode one?

Yes. The research on the Ritchie episodes is all done... Since The king of flow is so important to Pinball we wanted to stretch out the content. There are 3 more Ritchie episodes

#1059 34 days ago

Silverball Stories Ep 3: Silverball Tales from the Crypt
    Silverball Stories: An Auditory Pinball Storytelling Experience
    Episode 3: Tales from the Crypt
    Host Joshuah Jacobs presents an homage to the Series. Take a listen if you dare.
    Email: thepinballnetwork@gmail.com
    https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/silverball-stories-ep-3-silverball-tales-from-the-crypt/[quoted image]

In friggin' love me some Silverball Stories

1 week later
    #1070 21 days ago

Any one have any comments on the following: Python Anghelo, Taxi, Fish Tales, Pinbot, Mark Ritchie, The Machine, Big Guns, Chris Granner? Looking for some comments to add to the next Podcast.

#1081 16 days ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Your TPN Weekly Streaming Lineup
    If you’re interested in joining TPN, email us at thepinballnetwork@gmail.com

This ZMeny... This...

#1089 11 days ago

I really enjoy Joel's content... I'm very much a moderate (beginner?) with pins. His insight in maintaining machines and 'tips' for things I hadn't really considered is a great addition to TPN!

Welcome aboard!

#1094 10 days ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Silverball Chronicles Episode 4: Bat Sh*t Crazy: The Python Anghelo Story
    Python Anghelo was an eccentric, passionate, charming, classically educated, combative, spiteful, and caring individual. He gave his all for pinball. Python is a guy who added social commentary to his back-glass art, added Easter eggs to his work, drank a lot, fought with leadership over creating unique worlds under glass.
    Python burned bridges, tossed insults, and pulled no punches along his life’s journey. He was a nut for sure.
    Join us this month as we discuss Python’s upbringing, joining the coin-op industry, getting into verbal fights with co workers, drinking on boats, Steve Kordek, cows, more butchering of names, a poll joke and Python’s legacy.
    Sources:
    Python Anghelo Website. http://www.pythonanghelo.com/
    Internet Pinball Database.https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&ppl=Python%20Anghelo
    Pinside at pinside.com
    Wikipedia:
    - Python Anghelo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_Anghelo
    - Steve Kordek. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kordek
    TOPCast Pinball Show:
    - #10 Python Anghelo. http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/topcast_42.mp3
    Python’s World Video.
    Python’s GoFund Me. https://www.gofundme.com/f/helppython
    Seminar video of Python at Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show 2013.
    David Hevesi. New York Times. Steve Kordek, a Pinball Innovator, Dies at 100.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/24/business/steve-kordek-innovator-of-pinball-game-dies-at-100.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all
    Shalhoub, Michael (2004). The Pinball compendium: 1982 to Present. Schiffer
    Publishing, Lt. amazon.com link »
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-izsqc-dd56b2
    [quoted image]

Thanks a lot to Zach and Dennis for all the work they do to help myself and Ron out with the Pod.

1 week later
    #1099 3 days ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I really enjoyed the last Silverball Chronicles! Eagerly awaiting next installment in the Steve Ritchie series.

Head over to www.facebook.com/silverballchronicles and vote... I haven't done any system 1 research!!! Ahhhh!

#1104 21 hours ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I looked and couldn't find the poll.

I just pinned it to the top of the page. It was buried.

#1105 20 hours ago

https://silverballswag.com/collections/silverball-chronicles

Hey everyone, Ron and I have launched our Silverball Swag store front. If you enjoy the show and would like to support us, consider picking up a t shirt. Once I make enough money to pay a decent co-host, I'm going to replace Ron!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10,900.00
    Pinball Machine
    RMV Sales
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 14.95
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 3.00
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 11.95
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidlldennis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside