(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast Ep 21: Live Or Die - Make Your Ch

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,812 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png
    triple_drain_new_logo_sz5v26 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 7.45.45 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmad21.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2489 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Yeah. Chronicles is the best podcast out there.
    I recently started listening from the start again. Its just as good the second time.

They could do more Gottlieb topics. Gottlieb gave us the pinball industry.

#2498 2 years ago

Silverball chronicles mentioned projected targets.

Would the precursor idea be Gottliebs "Masquerade" where the values for the targets were on a wheel and were projected up onto the playfeild in the requisite places.

1 month later
    #2578 2 years ago

ZMeny I sent you a message please respond, thanks.

1 month later
    #2714 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Good news then. Have you checked Audible?

Speaking of WW2 I have a book called 2194 days of war, it covers the entire war from day 1 until the official surrender of the japs.

It includes maps, major campaign profiles and a day by day account of the advancements of the axis and allies divided by year and focuses on both the pacific and European theatre.

I should get it scanned so I have a digital searchable copy.

If you want to dive deep into Into the underbelly of the third riech

Rise and fall of the Third Reich.
    The trial of the Germans.

Both are good the authors tries to show no emotion for one way or another but their to layout facts.

I encourage people to Seekout both sides to history maybe a bigger picture tells us to where not to go in the future.

[This post is not an endorsement of NAZI stuff, the pain it inflicted on both Jew and German is hanis]

1 week later
    #2732 2 years ago

@davidlldennis

Bit of Gottlieb Trivia
    "Roller coaster" had beaten the other manfactures to the punch bowl with the precursor to habit trails.

Gottlieb could have captured that juicy patent with some really good ems with that idea.

#2747 2 years ago

@ZMenny

Have you came around to Gottlieb pinball machines yet.

2 weeks later
    #2785 2 years ago

@david

Silverball Chronicle with Ron and David
    Episode 19: 80s Cheese Done Right - Gottlieb 80b
    Visit Our Silverball Swag Store
    https://silverballswag.com/collections/silverball-chronicles
    Episode Summary
    The early 1980s were a boon for pinball manufacturing. Bally and Williams had transitioned to Solid State early and evolved their platform. Gottlieb struggled with System 1, and as soon as they found their stride with the new System 80 board set, pinball was dying in the early 80s. By the mid-80s pinball was clawing its way back, but Gottlieb never regained it's industry dominance, however it did give them more creative freedom.
    Join Ron and the better co-host Dave as they talk photo translites, horrible synth music, Jon Norris’ 8-Ball Deluxe, releasing games at warp-speed, shallow code, ripping off established licenses, Don Johnson jackets, and which System 80b games are the most underrated.
    Sources can be found on the
    Both of you aught to get together some of the most farthest with most flyers read too.

Or just have an episode dedicated to reading and critiquing pinball flyers.

#2786 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

When the bar opens up I'm planning on it! Other than that... There is a sad sad fish tales in a creepy laundromat... Ugh...

You guys aught to pick out a collection of the most outrageous to cringe inducing nightmare pinball flyers from all the manfactures and read them outloud.

Or have a vote on the worst one ever.

#2788 2 years ago

Bla

1 week later
    #2799 2 years ago

Rising Pinball prices is what going to keep new people out of the hobby.

Is everyone OK with the rising entry barrier, to the hobby?

I listened to final round pinball last night and minus the f bombs and c words. Jeff was right why is it that that after market pinball machines are more expensive after coming out of the home.

Do we really need toppers too? That's an expense company's can cut out of manufacturing, IPs can go too (save for the occasional remake).

But an Elvira 100 anniversary edition really all that needed?

People seem to wanna complain about the Banning museum fiasco but when it comes to the line everyone seems fine paying for 100k Fish Tales remake.

A idea would be is for manfactures to "go back to the basics"

Single level games.
    No habit trails.
    Simple game play.
    Orginal IP.
    No toppers.
    Alpha numeric displays.

The Gottlieb back to the basics.

#2811 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Costs a dollar or less to play on location.

So what happens when someone decides to go buy one for themselves and finds a 50k price tag.

6 months later
    #3401 1 year ago

@davidlldennis

Data East/Stern is the CRTL+V and CRTL-C of pinball playfeild design.

It's always two ramps that feed to individual habit trails to a corsponding flipper.

4 weeks later
    #3451 1 year ago

Tripple Drain is fine in the beginning but the language gets courser and foul near the end passed the mid mark.

I turned on a episode of Final Round and hit with the C word bombs that made the movie "Fury" blush.

#3461 1 year ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Silverball Chronicles is PG!

Your Gottlieb system 80 ep gets played alot.

#3462 1 year ago

The insult for woman.

#3463 1 year ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Sure, but I do know some people who like to listen to podcasts in the car with their kids present and that makes them uncomfortable. While I will swear on TPS (I try to limit myself to no more than two bad words per episode, not counting what Zach might sneak into his outtakes of course), over on the other podcast I do with Tony we bleep out all the swearing (and Tony and I swear A LOT in real life), and we've had a number of people write in over the years saying they like not having to worry about playing the show around kids.

Eclectic gamers podcast gets played too.

#3477 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

If you complain about swearing, yet you listen with your kids. I call bunk. Same nonsense as explict lyric labels in 80's and 90's. Stop the holier than thou nonsense. Just move on...

Did I say I had kids? The two podcasts that I listen to is silverball chronicles and eclectic gamers.

I used to have a three strike rule on the third word the podcast episode was shelved.

Is it ok to describe pinball with expletives? Children and young kids should not be yelling and saying cuss words yet here we are.

My parents raised me up not to cuss. Cuss words should be radio active, they had bad meaning to them, but now everyone uses them like their going out of style.

Yes I had a job where a co worker referred to a certain group of women as dumpster "beeps"

1 month later
    #3538 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Use a VPN and download 4k torrents of the stuff you want to watch in 4k on Netflix. It's not pirating if you already pay for the content but Netflix is making the 4k content look lousy.

Well it would be considered renting if you are paying a subscription fee monthly. Netflix could argue that their services are like red box, you pay to rent out a movie for a week you buy weeks worth of access to Netflix property.

Even though you are paying a monthly fee to access content you are still renting.

1 week later
    #3560 1 year ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Cosmic Cart Racing, yes. You can see the other players' progress through the game in real time (as well as your own, of course). 2-4 players simultaneous online play.

What happened to the podcast?

#3567 1 year ago
    Quoted from adamross:

3 hour pinball podcast? That must be a record.

You must not listen to silverball chronicles.

#3576 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Oh ok. To me, his inflection kind of sounds like it's a spoof or parody of a commercial I'm not aware of.
    Maybe save it for the end or the beginning?

It's his podcast he can do whatever he wants. Short from X rated material.

He is the only one in this hobby that actually gets down and grubby into the silverball history and washes it down with Maple syrup.

#3577 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Saving for your future is "no joke" and that is why Dennis Financial might be the serious choice for YOU! Actually it is not, unless you have finances in Canada.
    I always wondered if that was localized for Canadian Spotify, but seemingly not.

His stuff is for Canada citizens only.

#3578 1 year ago

@davidlldennis
    Why didn't you guys cover mylstar? Or was that in the recap in the system 80b episode.

That ed krynski and Wayne neynes episode is gonna take a volume onto itself.

#3579 1 year ago

Delete this

9 months later
    #4492 8 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 70: Modern
    Hosts: Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis
    On this episode, Martin & Jeff discuss:
    - Space Hunt...so close with the title
    - What's new?
    - topper talk
    - give us more information
    - Germany trip reflection
    - pick the game bank
    - Jurassic Park vs. Godfather...the movies, not the pins
    Direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: https://thepinballnetwork555350716.wordpress.com/tag/final/
    Email us at [email protected]
    Instagram: @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin
    https://www.podbean.com/eas/pb-2uzx9-14490e3
    [quoted image]

Cheri cheri chair lady.
    Brother Louie
    Geronimo Cadillac

Modern talking with Thomas Bothe and Deiter bohme.

1 week later
    #4516 8 months ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:I echo the sentiment. Would definitely do a $5 level that had full show access.
    Also, please don’t tell me Dennis is actually gonna buy a Victory. That game is soooo boring to me. You can literally play forever by staying up top. But maybe it has a secret level of fun that I don’t know about.

It asks you to play the entire playfield. It's follow the blinking lights around the playfield.

3 weeks later
    #4546 7 months ago

ZMeny when are guys doing the GTF review?

#4564 7 months ago

ZMeny what made you give up a well paying career for pinball.

Someone should sit down and we should get a origin story on you.

3 weeks later
    #4589 6 months ago

When is tripple drain coming out?

2 months later
    #4658 3 months ago

If your a Podcaster and want to speak some opinions, maybe just maybe Crack open a pinball history book before spouting off your judgments.

If you can't get your pinball history right your opinions don't have any credibility.

1 month later
    #4746 59 days ago

The last time I turned on final round the c word was thrown so much it made the movie "fury" blush.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmad21.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=bmad21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.