(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZMeny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,026 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ZMeny. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 4 years ago

WELCOME TO THE PINBALL NETWORK

The Pinball Network (TPN) is a media group dedicated to pinball exposure, diversity, and unity. The group was formed by Zachary Meny, Ken Cromwell, Dennis Kriesel, Greg Bone, and Jason Fowler.

The Pinball Network is comprised of numerous pinball content mediums, including, but not limited to, audio and video podcasts, streaming, production/promotional video, and social media (Instagram, Facebook, Pinside).

https://www.facebook.com/The-Pinball-Network-107908510746956/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC04hUGuy_poa__hHOWGUQ

The TPN Team of Media Providers aim to promote the pinball hobby/industry in a respectful, informative, and entertaining manner.

Below is a list of current TPN offerings. Schedules will be frequently updated. Please allow this community forum thread to serve as a way of staying up-to-date with TPN media, offering feedback, and sharing in the enjoyment of provided content.

If you have any questions or would like to be considered as a TPN provider, please contact us at [email protected]

- The TPN Team

—————————————————————————

EXCLUSIVE PROGRAMS

The Pinball Show
    Providers: Zach Meny & Dennis Kriesel
    Medium: Podcast
    Schedule: Mondays
    Format: pinball news discussion, segments, informational, entertainment/comedy

Silverball Chronicles
    Provider: David Dennis & Ron Hallett
    Schedule: Monthly
    Format: history, research, entertainment/comedy, story-telling

Final Round Pinball Podcast
    Providers: Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis
    Schedule: Twice a month, typically Wednesdays
    Format: competition news and information, general pinball discussion, entertainment/comedy

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast
    Providers: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie
    Schedule: Twice a month
    Format: pinball news and opinions, competition news and information, entertainment/comedy

Just Another Pinball Podcast
    Providers: Joel Engelberth
    Medium: Podcast & Stream
    Schedule: Varies
    Format: general pinball discussion, entertainment/comedy

The Puppet Palz
    Providers: Steve, Moppy, & Roary
    Schedule: On Vacation
    Format: story-telling, entertainment/comedy, musical

Free Play Pinball Podcast
    Providers: Amanda Hamilton & Bill Webb
    Format: general pinball discussion, entertainment/comedy, interviews

The Pinball Tapes
    Provider: Zac Coligan
    Schedule: Monthly
    Format: history, research, entertainment/comedy, story-telling

Aussie Pinball Podcast
    Providers: Dr. John Cosson
    Format: local Australian pinball scene discussion, history/arts

Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast
    Providers: Dan Rosenstein
    Format: homebrew and custom pinball machines and their creators

Off The Record Pinball Podcast
    Providers: open to any, please sign-up
    Format: open to any

TPN STREAMING CHANNELS

Flip N Out Pinball
    twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball
    Providers: Zach Meny, Steve Bedi, & Bill Webb
    Medium: Twitch
    Schedule: Monday Evenings
    Format: general gameplay, discussion, special guests, informational

One iPod One Pinball
    Twitch.tv/oneipodonepinball
    Providers: Stephanie Traub & Jose Chong
    Schedule: Often Alternating Tuesdays & Wednesdays 6:30-7pm CST Start Time
    Format: general gameplay, informational, tutorial/competition strategy, snack-talk

The Pinball Mafia
    Twitch.tv/thepinballmafia
    Providers: Dennis, Leon, & Preston Moncla
    Schedule: Sunday 8pm CST
    Format: general gameplay, informational, tutorial/competition strategy, entertainment/comedy, tech

Don’t Panic Flip
    Twitch.tv/dontpanicflip
    Providers: George
    Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, & Thursdays 11:30pm CST
    Format: general gameplay, informational, streaming support, entertainment/comedy

Emily & Dr. John Cosson
    Providers: Emily Cosson
    Schedule: Fridays Approx. 6pm CST
    Format: general gameplay, informational, tutorial/competition strategy, family-friendly, entertainment/comedy

SDTM Pinball
    Twitch.tv/sdtmpinball
    Providers: Chuck Wurt
    Schedule: Sunday evenings
    Format: general gameplay, informational, tutorial/competition strategy, tournament/league events, entertainment

Eclectic Gamers Podcast
    Twitch.tv/eclectic_gamers
    Providers: Dennis Kriesel
    Schedule: Generally Wednesdays 6pm CST
    Format: general gameplay, tutorial, informational, entertainment/comedy

Special When Lit Pinball Podcast
    Twitch.tv/specialwhenlitpodcast
    Providers: Steve Bedi & Bill Webb
    Schedule: TBA
    Format: general gameplay, informational, interactive communication, entertainment/comedy

#23 4 years ago

Thanks everyone (mostly ). To answer a couple of your questions:

- All Podcasts can be found on The Pinball Network RSS feed (available soon), just like any of your other favorite podcast channels

- Go ahead and follow/subscribe to TPN on YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord

- No, Chris Kooluris (Kaneda) is not a TPN provider. He has a strong infatuation with me personally, so it doesn’t surprise me that he’d like to be associated with this.

- This is nowhere near the final provider list. More providers are being added daily and some are currently in discussion.

- Many voices here on Pinside, some great, some loud, some great and loud, so PLEASE consider doing your own podcast for TPN’s Off The Record Pinball Podcast! Email us to get on the schedule ([email protected]). Be creative, do it solo or with others, let your voice and interests be heard!

- Yes someone trolled and bought thepinballnetwork.com. They are impersonating us, using our assets, with a messaging section, which is unfortunate and pretty sad. However, we will gladly purchase the domain or offer a sizable reward for information on the domain’s owner.

- Too much negativity between media providers and crap being thrown at one another. It’s pinball, us weirdos love it too much, so this is a way for creators to come together, support one another, and share our craft and love for pinball. We can do better, we can do more, as a group.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The whole thing has kind of a “we are making this up as we go along” vibe to it.

Something like this does have a lot of moving parts, our apologies

Quoted from swinks:

will the podcasts be available via itunes?

Absolutely, it will be available shortly

Quoted from o-din:

Trying to think of the pinball machine with the worst possible sound package that would still be more enjoyable.

You are always so hilarious! (Catching my breath) ahh, thanks so much for offering pinside so much comedy and wit. (Whew, wiping tears from eyes)

Quoted from delt31:

It's been a 101 course on how to fail at marketing your product but more importantly I echo others in asking why this needs to be all under one group? Besides trying to build a Flippin Out Pinball Monopoly, what is the benefit? Is it really additional exposure bc that's impossible considering pinball is the definition of niche. 10/10 people think folks like us are crazy to be this involved..... And yes 10/10 bc the margin of error is how small this is.
    Kanedas url purchase was hilarious! Now that's funny.
    Regardless good content will be delivered no doubt..... Just hope it's not saturated with BUY BUY BUY....... From Zach.

You are a great human being. Appreciate you being here to add to the industry Delt. When you get time, please help me better understand how to create content. We are failures without your guidance. If we have to beg, we will....

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

This entire post came off as kind of, douchey. Anyone else have the same thought?
    First impressions are priceless...

Yes that was sarcasm. I’ve been called worse. We are not trying to harm or offend anyone with content. We are excited about pinball and would like to offer content for those interested. We also are creating a space for people interested in creating content to be supported.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Anyone going to have a 'Market Trends' segment?

I mean....

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

It's not a schtick for Kaneda. Just straight forward no shill feedback. I subscribe to the same mentality regardless if the feedback is good or bad.
    This talk about "with respect to pinball" just screams we're going to ass kiss all day BUT I'm hoping that the folks in this network won't let a distributor dictate their content as that's my biggest concern with this whole thing.
    Again the more exposure thing makes no sense considering how small this industry is. These guys don't need a network. Some of these guys have been critical though on games (Jason's podcast) and I just hope this network doesn't make it shill 24/7. That's TBD but hey let's bring in the content and judge from there. This is just preliminary feedback based on Zach’s dumpster fire rollout. The network would be better served without a distributor spokesman.
    In case it wasn’t clear before....I plan on tuning in bc I love pinball and I’m sure others who have been perceived as critical to the network will too. Again this hobby is so small but super passionate so you’ll have viewers..... the same ones who tuned in when you weren’t all together.

What do you get when you mix a broken record, a crying baby, and a couple Kaneda tears?....... Delt

Hope you stub your toe today buddy

#175 4 years ago

So happy to have Linsey and Kevin as part of The Pinball Network streamers!!!! Make sure to follow The Pinball Network on twitch for updates on when they will stream next. twitch.tv/thepinballnetwork

66B5E09F-F886-436C-9011-445F6DB41FE0 (resized).jpeg66B5E09F-F886-436C-9011-445F6DB41FE0 (resized).jpeg
    #176 4 years ago

We are super excited about this one...and because of David Dennis...equally worried. Tune in soon to hear Silverball Chronicles only on The Pinball Network!

194FDF61-D79B-4E04-A6A7-B1D627FE648C (resized).jpeg194FDF61-D79B-4E04-A6A7-B1D627FE648C (resized).jpeg
    #183 4 years ago

New pinball podcasting format that many will enjoy! Looking forward to hearing all of the different stories this season.

7AFD5F46-E37D-44DD-9D2C-20AC49457EB5 (resized).jpeg7AFD5F46-E37D-44DD-9D2C-20AC49457EB5 (resized).jpeg
    #184 4 years ago

These two are gold! Their dynamic is subtle and it’s meta-pinball streaming at it’s best. Highly entertaining without trying. Genuine.

0C544749-74AE-4772-A56B-2B9F1701BEA2 (resized).jpeg0C544749-74AE-4772-A56B-2B9F1701BEA2 (resized).jpeg
    #195 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Y'all need a website with links. Facebook is trash.

Currently in the process of building that

#201 4 years ago

We aren’t in a rush and since we are not establishing an employee-based corporation with stock options it will get done when it gets done. Again, we are simply trying to create free media for those interested and support those providers wanting to make their own content. We are trying to help and add to the hobby, not trying to piss people off.

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

LOL! Building a website 4 days before the launch??? Naw, they should be good

I’ll make sure to refund your money. I wasn’t aware of needing a website to create podcasts, videos, and streams. Also, website has been established longer than 4 days ago. Anything positive to add?

#225 4 years ago

Check out Don’t Panic Flip, GREAT streamer! Follow twitch.tv/pinballnetwork to be directed to Don’t Panic Flip and the team of other pinball streaming channels!

810D09F7-2FE0-43D3-B2BC-A8107B09DF6E (resized).jpeg810D09F7-2FE0-43D3-B2BC-A8107B09DF6E (resized).jpeg

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Yeah, that's the other problem for me. I deleted my facebook in like 2010 and haven't looked back since. Thanks, that's appreciated! You can
    find me at https://www.twitch.tv/aeonblack6

See aeonblack, TPN has helped you find another viewer. It’s promotion of pinball and everyone wins

#232 4 years ago

Introducing the next podcaster to join The Pinball Network.....YOU!

Off The Record Pinball Podcast is the chance to record your own episode (solo, duo, group). You choose the format, you choose the topics, you choose your show. Be part of something. Be creative. Be heard.

Ever want to try out pinball podcasting, but worried about the long-term commitments, setting up the logistics, or building an audience? Give it a try, you may have fun!

Sign up now by emailing [email protected] and we can put you on the schedule.

51B114EB-2F41-44CA-AC95-CDB82B99DCE8 (resized).jpeg51B114EB-2F41-44CA-AC95-CDB82B99DCE8 (resized).jpeg
    #240 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

ZMeny so what's going to happen at launch tomorrow?

The Pinball Show will air tomorrow, followed by other podcasts throughout the week. We will also have some videos this week on YouTube.

Follow The Pinball Network on your favorite pod catcher to stay up to date with all released content.

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Network Presents
    The Pinball Show Episode 1: The Pilot
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-aqdbs-d31113

Hopefully that works. Searching ‘The Pinball Network’ in many podcast player search bars will find it for ya.

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Zach, all of the shows will be on the one podcast channel?
    But the twitch streams have their own?

Correct. One place for podcasts. Streams can be found in one place as well, as we host the channels from the twitch channel: Twitch.tv/pinballnetwork so if you follow there then it will redirect you to TPN channels when they go live.

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m hoping the first story covered on the news will be “why Zach and Greg are no longer doing the TWIPY awards”! Total let down you guys were the show!

Thanks for the support. I’ll be there still, cheering on the winners!

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Nice! Good luck with the launch, I’m looking forward to listening!

Thanks Flapper! Just waiting on you to email us with interest in doing an Off The Record Pinball Podcast episode. Cmon Kyle!

#259 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m cooking up some goodness with Jeff right now, but I may have a few more mediocre impressions up my sleeve...

Looking forward to listening!

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Congrats on the launch Zach, and subscribed and ready to listen weekly!

Great to hear! Thanks Wes

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just listened....pretty good first show. Ken seems to be a good balance.
    Example: Zach talks about how it’s not necessary to play a game before buy buy buying it, whereas Ken strongly disagrees. They kept some of the elements from the old TWIP podcast which is nice.
    Bummer that Zach & Greg won’t be hosting the TWIPYs.

Tongue and cheek humor of course. Ken is a great balance to me, as is Dennis Kriesel. Thanks for listening buddy!

Quoted from Raegor:

What all do I need to do a podcast? I have a few ideas for short ones...

An ideal setup is a computer that has internet access, a usb microphone, and free programs to record and edit (Audacity). That’s it.

Quoted from mrgone:

Just finished your 1st episode. Great work. Keep em coming.

We appreciate you

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

So which podcast is going to have Greg and Dennis on it?

Dennis will be on The Pinball Show next Monday, eager beaver ready to throw down with Ken and I. He’s ecstatic I promise

#304 4 years ago

Check out Episode 1 of Silverball Stories with Joshuah Jacobs! It’s refreshing and a format that’s different that your typical pinball podcast.

Silverball Stories: For The Love Of Creature

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-c3nih-d3323e

4F0F3509-91D3-423F-AD38-BFB362030D1A (resized).jpeg4F0F3509-91D3-423F-AD38-BFB362030D1A (resized).jpeg
    #306 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

Overall I enjoyed it due it being relatable, but I felt there was music placed throughout there as time filler. It would be different if we had video going with it because we have something visual to correlate with the audio. That isn't the case with podcasts. We are dealing with audio ONLY - so all it really serves as is background music to nothing. Then there is 2 mins of straight background music at the end? Why?

Appreciate the feedback CapN! One of the pretty cool things about Josh’s podcast is that he creates all of the original music for the shows, thus the extended play is more a showcase of his music work. I’m sure he is open to this feedback though thanks buddy

#339 4 years ago

Gotta check out Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 1: Enter The Final Round exclusively on The Pinball Network

Hosts Jeff Teolis and Martin Robbins

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cbdnc-d35637

42F67581-2D22-4EE3-809E-5315647AB4EE (resized).jpeg42F67581-2D22-4EE3-809E-5315647AB4EE (resized).jpeg
    #348 4 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

This is awesome, every day something else. This is just getting better and better.
    Thanks to all content creators for their fantastic work and you Zach fur orchestrating all of this!

If it was just me, there would be nothing. Ken Cromwell and Dennis Kriesel are equal partners in this endeavor.

#351 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Agree with everything you said, except that its an unappreciated effort. I think a few bad apples can certainly make it seem that way, but the vast majority of us out there DO appreciate the work that Zach, Dennis, Ken, and all the other content creators do. The jerks out there tend to be the ones that get remembered. I always try to to leave a "like" on creator videos and Facebook posts, but that doesn't always hit as hard as someone saying something negative.
    Also, one thing to remember is that by creating pinball media, these guys have gotten the opportunity to meet a lot of amazing people and have some cool experiences. Be they touring a manufacturers' facilities, talking with designers and fans, and even making new friends. That's something these creators wouldn't necessarily have gotten to do otherwise, and they've gotten to be an important part of a lot of pinball fans' lives. Which is pretty neat. Not to be too mushy!
    And appreciation is one of the main reasons we have the TWIPYs. It's an opportunity to say "thank you!" and "good job!" to people doing great things in the hobby and pinball industry.

Well said my friend

Quoted from s1500:

I don't want to download podbean to listen. I would however like to listen to it via Google Podcasts, or just an RSS feed.

You don’t have to download the app just search The Pinball Network on the podcatcher of your choice. Many catchers are being approved daily

#360 4 years ago

More pinball news, midweek

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-k5rb4-d38231

29C5CACC-A11C-4A5B-B45A-599C0A37EB56 (resized).jpeg29C5CACC-A11C-4A5B-B45A-599C0A37EB56 (resized).jpeg
    #362 4 years ago
    Quoted from bgwilly31:

I travel 5 days of week for work. The past few weeks my road trips have been terrible. Having to resort to listening to talk show radio politic banter or songs on repeat on music radio.
    Im loving TPN resurgence. Keep up the good work. !

Thanks man! I’m selfishly loving listening as well haha

#370 4 years ago

I can’t think of a better Valentine’s Day than spending it listening to Ron Hallett and David Dennis covering Steve Ritchie and his early career in pinball! Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day from The Pinball Network!

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-yz5ay-d3a529

C84463CB-DAFC-4914-B4CF-B5DF28F9F856 (resized).jpegC84463CB-DAFC-4914-B4CF-B5DF28F9F856 (resized).jpeg
    #374 4 years ago

Another new offering on The Pinball Network

Top 3 With Orby: Players Under Age 20 To Watch For In 2020

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-j8zqr-d3b72c

6AE676BA-40FD-4B7E-88F7-122FD83E95A2 (resized).jpeg6AE676BA-40FD-4B7E-88F7-122FD83E95A2 (resized).jpeg
    #378 4 years ago

The first submission for Off The Record Pinball Podcast. Congrats Matt and Liz, very interesting takes and Liz will make y’all blush.

Email us now to setup your day to shine on your own single podcast! [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-t35m7-d3cdbd

E01AB736-A8DD-4E57-BCF8-7B6C925FA587 (resized).jpegE01AB736-A8DD-4E57-BCF8-7B6C925FA587 (resized).jpeg
    #381 4 years ago

The hits keep comin’! Welcome to The Pinball Network one of the greatest pinball players in the wuhld, Raymond Davidson! He will be streaming Jurassic Park V.0.98_8 Beta Code TODAY @ 5pm C/6pm et. Subscribe/follow twitch.tv/pinballnetwork

FD426388-4887-4FF2-8913-B9A7E5E2EC88 (resized).jpegFD426388-4887-4FF2-8913-B9A7E5E2EC88 (resized).jpeg
    #383 4 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 2: Dennis’ Plumbus

The Pinball Show hosts Ken Cromwell, Dennis Kriesel, and Zach Meny discuss the recent happenings in pinball

- The Pinball Network Updates

- Spooky Pinball's Rick & Morty Stream

- Stern Pinball's Stranger Things UV Lighting Kit

- Pinburgh Tickets

- Haggis Pinball Update from owner Damien

- Chicago Gaming Company Updates

- Pinball Media Fake News

- AND Pinball Market Trends

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-f8xnx-d3f00f

C6678E9A-B957-4570-987F-B08E273ACB8C (resized).jpegC6678E9A-B957-4570-987F-B08E273ACB8C (resized).jpeg
    #387 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. We had a blast and we are very proud of the results on Episode 2.

#391 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I agree. Been on the sidelines giving this network a chance but this episode with my man Dennis (love that guy) just put me over the edge. I was almost there with the previous love fest with Zach making dumb jokes and defending stern’s decision with the UV light while the other new guy just laughed and laughed. But this.....wow.
    So I like Dennis a lot. Tuned in and found out the other two folks I really liked (and gave me hope with their direct criticism in the past) are no longer in the network. Jason and The Bone. Big surprise. Disappointing for sure and I wouldn’t be surprised if the other spice (Dennis) leaves next.
    So I listened to the episode b/c of Dennis and right off the bat (Rick and Morty), Zach mentions FLIPIN OUT PINBALL did the commentary rule audio better and first and then says you can’t really trust Hilton b/c he IS a supporter of Spooky. Zach is unbelievable. Distributor calling out another pinball person for being bias. Then he defends stern LE pricing and everything they’re doing with STh. He then reminds us he enjoys Stranger Things (emphasizing it’s made by STERN) more than the entire top 10 on pinside. An opinion I know but something that is SO ridiculous that poor Dennis’ head almost exploded. Considering who’s saying it, and the agenda, tasteless. He’s so busy spamming I’m not even sure he’s listening to his own words. Zach - please take a step back and re-evaluate what is going on. I remember picking sides at one point for SDTM (great idea) This is coming from a team Zach voter.
    I liked Fowler and his input. I liked Bone and hearing his view. Remember when this network was going to bring more visibility and have more content? Someone remind me where I can find their content now? Oh that’s right - it’s no longer available. BUT - I’m so glad we have MORE Zach. That’s what everyone wants.
    I only hope there is MUCH less Zach. MUCH less. Like the randoms podcast was much more interesting. Otherwise, let’s just change the name to what this is.
    TDN: The Distributor Network.
    Dennis - keep on trucking my man and if you bail, I don’t fault you. I’m now listening to your podcast (Eclectic Gamers Podcast). Good stuff.
    My two cents btw, don’t care to defend or go back and forth with posts supporting it. Down or upvote away. Just call them like I see them.

If only you actually knew man. Sad to see someone vomit like that and not realize so many things. Thanks for the continued love and support and my apologies for your hate toward me with no reason. Keep em coming, better me than you aiming hatred at others that I consider friends. I’ll take the arrows.

#582 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wonder if she will still be all butthurt and crying about the monkey on the back glass of Oktoberfest like she used to be?

We are excited about Krystle’s show and she’s very informed and entertaining so I wouldn’t worry too much. I, for one, am always amused by monkeys so if she throws in some ape talk I’d be fine with that haha.

#591 4 years ago

The Plumb with Krystle Gemnich Episode 1 is now up! Many of you will appreciate her vision for the show. She will be focusing on and speaking to those that help run pinball trade shows, location arcades/barcades, and tournaments, many of which haven’t been heard from before. It will be great to hear from location operators and show runners. Nice job Krystle!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-dhjyb-d45e23

You can search ‘The pinball Network’ on your favorite podcatcher to find all of these different podcasts.

78A13D16-FB73-45AC-B858-FEB3928B191D (resized).jpeg78A13D16-FB73-45AC-B858-FEB3928B191D (resized).jpeg
    #607 4 years ago

As a reminder, email us at [email protected] to submit your own one-off pinball podcast episode so others can hear what a great pinball podcast should sound like.

Cmon @delt31, the mic is calling for ya.

#619 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Zmeny - let's make this fun for everyone. I wouldn't be opposed to stepping in during a "no Dennis" week and help keep your shilling to a minimum which will benefit everyone. No one's going to doubt my integrity that's for sure and I've never been shy or at a loss for words!
    That's my counter offer - PM me if interested. We can talk about stern pricing, UV lights, their above and beyond investment in pinball quality amongst other things. Midwest meets NY. I'm sure it will garner some attention for TPN and it will of course be clean and civil. Cheers.

Just figured we would offer a platform for you to be heard and show how it’s done. No bother with hosting/rss feeds, just a stage to create a podcast that you would want to hear. Then, I’d be up for a guest spot on Midweek.

#624 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe you and i will do one Delt? We can break it ALL down brother. Lol
    It WILL be entertaining. And not some "mid week" BS!
    Might be time to start another Network. Let the people be heard ya'll!

I’ll tune in. Stage is ready whenever you guys get one together

#628 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Whatever the question is the answer is boom boom Zach!
    It's coming in some form or fashion brother. I'm either dropping one myself or lining up with a few others.
    Keep up the good work.

This should get interesting....and I appreciate the support Ice

#631 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I am only interested in Zach. He’s notorious for dodging (like he’s doing now). Zach - you should be more confident than you are. I’m not going to bury you but ultimately help build you. Rise to the occasion and step up outside your comfort zone. When you’re ready, PM me and we’ll bring fun to the masses. It will be the ultimate Hannity and Colmes of pinball.
    Cheers

I have confidence covered, as well as fairness and decency. I think Kaneda’s podcast may be a better fit honestly. He dreams of podcasting with me as well. It’ll be a good subject topic for you two. I’ll tune in and listen to support ya.

#669 4 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 3: Eating Crow and Wishful Thinking

- Stern's Heavy Metal

- What's On The Mind Of Keith Elwin

- Rick & Morty Landings

- Pinburgh Sell Out

- Pinball Market Trends

- NEW SEGMENT: Eating Crow

- Non-pinball machines in the gameroom

- Upcoming Louisville Arcade and Pinball Expo

Email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-ntazk-d49d88

#727 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Man, this thread was actually fun for a couple of days, but then someone had to go and kick the hornet's nest again. The subject of diversity is complicated, and it's very doubtful that any "conversation" about it on Pinside is going to accomplish anything, or lead to a positive outcome. Not saying that pinball-hobby demographics aren't worth thinking about or discussing, but maybe the TPN thread isn't the place for walls of text about it.
    -
    -
    Onto the Pinball Show Episode 3:
    Another good one from the guys. I agree with Zach that it seems like Pinburgh needs to find a better way to do tickets. I hope Ken feels better, my wife's been down with something for a couple of days now herself. It'll be fun having Zach on the FlipNout stream with Ken in person. I wonder if Kaneda will pop by to say nice things like he sometimes does! I don't know how he could resist with Zach Meny actually on camera!
    Now you guys just need to convince Den Den to leave work early on Monday, and make the trip to St. Louis. Then you'd have the ultimate FlipNout/Pinball Show stream. It'd be a murder of pinball podcasters!

Thanks Mike! Sweet Dennis is about as aversive to traveling to spend quality time with me as Greg Bone is about leaving his subdivision or Ken Cromwell about getting into an airplane.

#739 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's kinda hard being Zach M -E-N
    But somehow, someway he keeps coming up with funky ass shit like every single day.
    I'd love for Zach to sing it on the next episode if only he wasn't such a Midwest cracker ass cracker

I proudly show my love and history of rap music, especially some 90s and 2000s hip-hop/rap. Funky ass shit is my game and I’ll keep spittin the illness on the mic with no shame.

Yay yay yaiaayyy, Smoke Baklava Everyday (mic drop)

#744 4 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Ep 2 is READY!

Pinburgh, TDing, NACS, PinMasters, & ACS Recap

Special Guests include:

- John Cosson (ACS Recap)

- Tracy Lindbergh (Pinburgh & TDing)

- Josh Sharpe (blabbing about NACS & PinMasters)

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-y4vif-d4dc01

020992DD-7017-48E9-93A4-73A1CE43447F (resized).jpeg020992DD-7017-48E9-93A4-73A1CE43447F (resized).jpeg
    #766 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Sounds like many of you missed the point of the pizza ordering discussion. I've got a huge smile on my face right now

The irony makes it all the better

#805 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I’m getting their damn ads on Instagram now. I can accept their obnoxious barrage on all things pinball but they are penile dysfunction level spam now.

That would be news to us as we simply opened an Instagram account and haven’t really touched it since

#840 4 years ago

Your weekly dose of pinball entertainment and news!

The Pinball Show Ep 4: RumpelstiltsDen & His Birthday Apple Pie

- Jersey Jack Pinball Moves Operations to Chicago

- Stern Pinball Heavy Metal, Black Knight Topper, & Elvira Code Update

- Spooky Pinball Rick & Morty Adjustments and Updates

- Pinball Market Trends

- Pinball Password

email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-r7pj9-d53d9d

E50D93BD-3098-4AAE-B0E1-4F07BA500861 (resized).jpegE50D93BD-3098-4AAE-B0E1-4F07BA500861 (resized).jpeg
    #855 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

How long before they start the "Shill Shill Shill?!" I thought it was coming in this one.

HEY!!!! Hahaha what did I shill this episode?

Quoted from adamross:

Zach, even though it has the same layout as Beatles there's a reason Seawitch may still be desired by some - it's half the price.

I understand and it’s a good argument. However, for me the superiority is just so strong for Beatles vs Seawitch that I would struggle to consider a Seawitch anymore

#886 4 years ago

Midweek Pinball News from The Pinball Show

The Pinball Show Midweek Edition Episode 2: Frog Giggin' With A Silver Fox

Hosts: Zach Meny & Joe Fox

- Spooky Pinball and Chicago Gaming Company partner up to create a Ben Heck designed pinball machine

- New TWIPY Hosts

- Big Lebowski Early Achiever's Edition apron light show

- Upcoming shows and events

- This Or That?

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-889qd-d58397

4D6A6A9B-7FB3-4D9E-A5CC-CB7626522A9B (resized).jpeg4D6A6A9B-7FB3-4D9E-A5CC-CB7626522A9B (resized).jpeg
    #887 4 years ago

The Pinball Network

The Plumb w/ Krystle Gemnich

Episode 2: Feeling Guilty

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4rs2i-d5860c

161AECD8-A1E4-465B-AB72-820A3B99DA6F (resized).jpeg161AECD8-A1E4-465B-AB72-820A3B99DA6F (resized).jpeg
    #889 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Listening to this episode gave me a great idea for a new podcast. It'll be called "Topper-Talk Karaoke" and it would feature lengthy discussions about Pinball Toppers, alternating with segments featuring Zach singing classic 80's songs. It would literally be Dennis' worst nightmare of a podcast!

Sounds like a dream come true!

#911 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure if the episode was just delayed, or if they're gonna skip this week.

Louisville delayed the episode. Hoping to have one up soon with info on Hot Wheels and more

#927 4 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Ep 3: NACS, Women's World, ECS, deeproot, & MORE!

Big show this week on FINAL ROUND pinball podcast and a lot of topics with Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis

- Discussing some recent Steve Ritchie games
    - ECS recap with Dina & Jim Lindsay
    - coronavirus discussion
    - long length of tourneys
    - Steven Bowden talks about:being the top seed at the upcoming Stern Pro Circuit, the release of Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland (RAZA) from deeproot in 2 week, Texas Pinball Festival and more
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Levi Nayman and the NYCPC
    - Pincade recap from New Zealand including the System 11 World Championship and the Fish Tales Symphony
    - Martin & Jeff’s dream themes crushed by each other
    - fanmail questions answered

listen here: www.thepinballnetwork.net
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinball

https://www.podbean.com/ei/pb-kipuk-d607d4

6008AB50-17D2-4A3A-B028-6D61A27B3496 (resized).jpeg6008AB50-17D2-4A3A-B028-6D61A27B3496 (resized).jpeg
    #932 4 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Edition Episode 3: Go Go Gadget Hot Wheels

Hosts: Ken Cromwell & Zach Meny

- American Pinball's Hot Wheels Reveal
    - Gerry hyping hard on next Multimorphic game
    - Is TPF and MGC happening?
    - National Championship Series Winners
    - Whatcha Playin'?
    - Stern Pro Circuit Championship Tickets Giveaway
    - Outtakes (Ken's Love for Stone Temple Pilots)

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4t34j-d60fda

C653DF99-EDB4-4211-8C65-DBA14A5C92CF (resized).jpegC653DF99-EDB4-4211-8C65-DBA14A5C92CF (resized).jpeg
    #933 4 years ago

Some fresh pinball news with personality this week on The Pinball Show!

The Pinball Show Episode 5: Feeling Slap Happy During A Global Pandemic

Hosts: Ken Cromwell, Dennis Kriesel, & Zach Meny

- The cancellation of pinball shows

- How coronavirus may affect the industry

- TWIPY ceremony modifications

- Scott Danesi discusses Rick and Morty design and adjustments

- Ken and Dennis disrupt Pinball Market Trends

- Outtakes

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-hhhr9-d65950

8C465CFF-37CF-4898-ACC5-100996937D4A (resized).jpeg8C465CFF-37CF-4898-ACC5-100996937D4A (resized).jpeg
    #936 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Good segment on the Coronavirus, enjoyed hearing that from different angles.
    Zach - on the TWIPYs, you saying "knowing Jeff I figured he'd be like forget it, announce the winners and move on", what on earth about me would make you say I'd be so unconcerned and flippant? What a weird statement. You of all people know how passionate I am about making it a fun celebration of the hobby and how much work goes into this. To say I'd just be like "forget it", such a bizarre thing to hear from you.

No no no my apologies if it came across like that. I was saying that with all the changes and work you’ve put into this year I could see you saying oh the hell with it. The statement was to empathize with the frustration this must bring, coming from me, one of the only people who truly understands what it takes to put on the show that we created. I was very positive about the TWIPYs in the show and continue to support the awards any way I can. I’m one of the TWIPYs biggest fans.

#940 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Just finished listening. Another good episode, but I gotta say Ken and Dennis are crazy for saying that Market Trends needs to die, and that Mousin' Around is a lower mid-tier system 11! In these uncertain times, now more than ever does the pinball public need the Market Trends segment to keep us going!
    As far as Mousin' goes...I wonder if they've played one that's setup right? Because if you set it up right, and wax it, Mousin' can be one of the fastest and funnest-flippin pinball machines around. First thing to do is remove the end-of-ramp gates; normally these slow the ball down before it reaches the flippers, but with the gates removed the ball never loses speed down the ramps and just screams to the flippers. This makes it much harder to repeat shots/ramps, while amping up the fun factor.
    As far as the center ramp goes, you can make an adjustment in the service menu so that the ramp-visor goes back up after every ball, and every ball-lock. This combined with the end-of ramp mod, makes it very hard to keep hitting that center shot over and over. And you have to hit the visor targets in order 1,2,3 in order to lower the visor and those are very risky shots, as center drains can happen easily off the visor. So I think if setup "correctly," you can limit the viability of center-ramp spam, while maintaining a fun experience that's still faithful to the spirit of the pin.
    Not to mention the theme-integration is second-to-none with the mouse hole mystery/jackpot award, and the best ball-locks around. The mouse-trap locks are brilliant and are wholly unique to this game in their design. And did I mention this game is mean! It routinely beats me up. It'll be a long time before I feel I've conquered this one.
    I could go on, but then I'd just be fan-boying! And in the interest of disclosure, I did buy a Mousin' recently, so that could bias my opinion, but I truly am trying to be objective!
    #SavePinballMarketTrends #ZachWasRight #Mousin'Around

Your hashtag game is way strong

#946 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Not really. If everything is trending down, and you are selling pinball machines for a living, why continue with the segment?

Because numbers don’t lie and I’ve vowed to report only the facts on The Pinball Show’s Pinball Market Trennnnnndddddssss!

#949 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

No idea where you heard me say I want Market Trends to die??? I like Market Trends.

That was my fault haha

#955 4 years ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

I need to know how Market Trends is trending, so I vote for a new segment, Market Trends Market Trend.
    Are people into Market Trends this week or not? Tune into Market Trends Market Trend to find out!

I like it

A0E09D0B-5B6B-498A-9A26-878C702740D7 (resized).jpegA0E09D0B-5B6B-498A-9A26-878C702740D7 (resized).jpeg
    #958 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

The latest episode of Silverball Stories is up! And, if you're into the 80s and early 90s you won't want to miss this one. Check it out here:
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-k5s5p-d68d13?utm_campaign=au_share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=au_share[quoted image]

Loved the references in this episode! Damn I love this show

#960 4 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Excuse me for beeing stupid, but is this the Chronicles with changed name?

It is not. New Chronicles episode will air today

#963 4 years ago

Silverball Chronicles Episode 2

Stern Electronics...No, not that Stern

Before Stern Pinball Inc., which dominates the pinball landscape today, there was Stern Electronics, our second episode’s topic. We cover where Stern Electronics came from, Sam and Gary Stern’s early years, Dave mispronouncing names, the change from electro-mechanical pinball to solid state, the sketchiness around that transition, legendary designer Steve Kirk, Stern’s wild art, and the death of Stern Electronics.

As always we love to hear from you. We can always be reached at [email protected]

Sources for this episode can be found at thepinballnetwork.net

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-wmhic-d6a374

7DA0BC6A-B563-4F4F-9F5A-AEC0ACFA41EB (resized).jpeg7DA0BC6A-B563-4F4F-9F5A-AEC0ACFA41EB (resized).jpeg
    #971 4 years ago

NEW The Plumb Podcast Is Up! Check it out now

Episode 3: Arcades, Not Grenades

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-b2ccc-d6b8d0

366DA00E-B149-4230-BBA2-E87FF3097C5F (resized).jpeg366DA00E-B149-4230-BBA2-E87FF3097C5F (resized).jpeg
    #975 4 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

I enjoyed the history of Stern Electronics pins episode.
    Someone on TPN should just do a "game by game" podcast of pins. The whole episode goes over just 1 table (any pin goes). It has been done with video games.

We’ve pitched that idea, it’s a good one

#980 4 years ago

How about some pinball news and funnies on this Monday?

The Pinball Show Episode 6: Wrap It, Strap It, Set It, and Forget It

- P3 Multimorphic Reveals Heist

- Manufacturer Delays, Shutdowns, & Moves (Stern, Spooky, American, deeproot, Haggis)

- Haggis Pinball's Celts' Third Playfield Option

- Stranger Things Gets The Cleland Sound Treatment

- Pinball Machine Rental 

- Pinball Market Trends

- Outtakes

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-grkqv-d6f3d1

3F01ACD0-F884-422A-A765-2E517AE1630A (resized).jpeg3F01ACD0-F884-422A-A765-2E517AE1630A (resized).jpeg
    #982 4 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 4: Guest Andreas Pedersen, the best tourney format as a TD, & streaming tips from home

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-hkxsz-d76e2e

Hosts Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis discuss a variety of topics.

- Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen joins us to talk about different formats on Matchplay.events, and helps your game with pintips.net
    - What's the best tournament for you to set up as a Tournament Director
    - sponsor of the week
    - Plus, tips to start streaming from home

final round pinball logo (resized).pngfinal round pinball logo (resized).png
    #984 4 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 7: TWIPY Reactions & The Battle Of Pinball Prognostication

Hosts: Ken Cromwell, Dennis Kriesel, and Zach Meny

- 2019 TWIPY Results Discussion

- Which Year Will Showcase Better Pinball: 2019 or 2020?

- Pinball Market Trends

- Outtakes

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-gvre4-d79913

0B07EAA8-F108-4681-86BB-954EB6385619 (resized).jpeg0B07EAA8-F108-4681-86BB-954EB6385619 (resized).jpeg
    #986 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I’ve really enjoyed the last few episodes of the pinball show. They have been much more balanced - the “push” isn’t so in your face as the earlier ones I’ve heard (there will always be some but that’s to be expected). B/w this and the recent SDTM content, Zach has been bringing the A game IMO. Dennis always brings it. Overall good job and thanks again for the content.
    And for the LOVE OF GOD - keep in the BUY BUY BUY segments. Always been a fan as I love reading the market. Cheers

Very much appreciated Delt

#988 4 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Edition Episode 4: COVID-19 Deep Dive

Dennis Kriesel and David Dennis host this episode. They engage in a deep dive of COVID-19 as it impacts pinball. They examine:

1) Manufacturers
    2) Operators
    3) Home collectors
    4) Tournaments
    5) Pinball shows

Email TPN at: [email protected]

Episode Links:
    This Week in Pinball’s coverage of Stern Pinball and American Pinball COVID-19 response: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-march-23rd-2020/

This Week in Pinball’s coverage of Multimorphic and Chicago Gaming Company COVID-19 response: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-march-30th-2020/

Spooky Pinball’s Facebook announcement of halting production due to COVID-19: https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball/posts/2945708502157024?__xts__[0]=68.ARB6OkhqLVtx6vQENMqU0uT6XSH78QIGn5ULUyNxHhzjfeOb4EPW-nlF_zQAizH4izDCuezU5EoEFFz7mWAD29sJmF45wA9fapiqqiRX4LUG0u6Nkn7Q_-Kd0DuGfrLEx3WYLe4k65Ndm51JXlFs_xb2ShnBcMc2_WZuaP26M46kzLu928X4b9lMjthnIunZvQeH3xG8cwzDY2JM8NjQR-wWBfbq1v-wOViLGhzIA789nvtqlYbwvAEYTMSCFjkuiujoBLQF5qj9zJt2xo6st6ycco6vIXjUhWwGXegPcGUp26uyQII4jlJIWQa7alo3YICVanEK64qEBl1JlHE3JKIKeQ&__tn__=-R

This Week in Pinball’s coverage of deeproot Pinball and the delay due to COVID-19: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-march-16th-2020/

International Flipper Pinball Association’s announcement to suspend sanctioning tournaments: https://www.ifpapinball.com/ifpa-sanctioned-events-suspended-until-further-notice/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-rccri-d7eb60

D23566E6-7BA5-4219-BE71-ED02F16B1C8D (resized).jpegD23566E6-7BA5-4219-BE71-ED02F16B1C8D (resized).jpeg
    #992 4 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 8: Farewell My Friends

- Ken Cromwell, pinball ambassador, media host, and producer, announces an exciting life change

- Gammagoat streams Multimorphic P3's newly announced pinball machine, Heist

- DeadFlip streams Stern Iron Maiden battle royale

- New Code: Stern Stranger Things V.0.87 and Stern Iron Man V.1.85

- Sneak Peak: Stern Jurassic Park Topper

- Pinball Market Trends

- Stern Showdown...Showdown

- From Beginning To End: An old friend says goodbye to Ken Cromwell

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-qu7ce-d8590d

A5284200-1607-4D32-8CF8-AD415734148A (resized).jpegA5284200-1607-4D32-8CF8-AD415734148A (resized).jpeg
    #1007 4 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 5: Way Better Than The Last One.

Special guests Ed Robertson & Phil Grimaldi join Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis as we discuss:
    - what we've been doing
    - can we convince Ed to play competitive pinball
    - Stern Showdown rips off Head2Head Pinball
    - sponsor of the week
    - Phil Grimaldi talks streaming, commentating and Houston Arcade Expo
    - fan mail follow up

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-5xndb-d8a810

C7DC0B70-ED27-4099-B81C-56ADF2C45C4A (resized).jpegC7DC0B70-ED27-4099-B81C-56ADF2C45C4A (resized).jpeg
    #1008 4 years ago

The bitch Jeff Baskins and Marty Exotic have a NEW Final Round episode!

FC55EA69-7644-4126-BE3A-8373C6799026 (resized).jpegFC55EA69-7644-4126-BE3A-8373C6799026 (resized).jpeg
    #1011 4 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 9: Ch Ch Changes At Deeproot, Quarantained Market Trends, & For F*ck's Sake Zach

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel and Zach Meny

- Our take on the recent interview with deeproot's Robert Mueller

- Video Game Market Trends

- Television Show Market Trends

- Movie Market Trends

- Pasttime Market Trends

- NEW SEGMENT: For F*uck's Sake Zach

***Warning - Explicit Content Listener Discretion Advised***

stream: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-u9b68-d910e1

E235A6F2-5EA6-42C6-9B03-0D9112145D1E (resized).jpegE235A6F2-5EA6-42C6-9B03-0D9112145D1E (resized).jpeg
    #1012 4 years ago

New TPN Provider, New TPN Series! Welcome Duncan from Arcade Crusade and check out the awesome and thorough video he did about how to rebuild pinball flippers. His new series for TPN will cover all sorts of pinball repair and maintenance.

#1015 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Some basics... Adjusting leaf switches, using a multimeter to trace issues, and changing pop bumpers

All of those topics would be fantastic!

#1019 4 years ago

EXCITING STUFF!!! Streaming Deadpool LIVE NOW with special guests Stern Pinball’s Waison and Nick Weyna

Twitch.tv/emilyanddoctorjohn

#1020 4 years ago

The Plumb Ep 4: Interview w/ Pinball Homebrew Extraordinaire Ed Owens

The Plumb host Krystle Gemnich chats with Ed Owens, the homebrew pinball creator of Ghost In The Shell. They also chat about cancelled pinball shows/conventions, such as Midwest Gaming Classic. And much more!

email: [email protected] or [email protected]

twitter: plumb_the

instagram: theplumbpinball

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-q8b6s-d983d1

49881D5A-D057-4E5E-B9AA-C4D7CD180B2C (resized).jpeg49881D5A-D057-4E5E-B9AA-C4D7CD180B2C (resized).jpeg
    #1021 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 10: Eeyore Loves Swimming and El Fliper del Merkado de la Morda

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Is the door closed on more JJP POTC?

- New Code for Stranger Things, Jurassic Park, Elvira, and The Munsters

- Topper Talk

- Rick & Morty Are Tweaking

- New TNA Code

- Greatest Pinball Machine Of All Time?

- Pinball Market Trends - Ay Dios Mio Edition

email: the [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-sqcex-d9c634

53BB23E2-5D42-450F-8E29-647E0C5AF4F6 (resized).jpeg53BB23E2-5D42-450F-8E29-647E0C5AF4F6 (resized).jpeg
    #1023 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I haven't listed to this one yet but I had to laugh. Topper Talk! I bet Dennis cringed all the way through that one!

#1024 3 years ago

Silverball Chronicles Episode 3: Zombie Pinball - The Gottlieb System 3 Era

Our Previous episodes have all been from the early solid-state era. The last 70’s and early 80’s was where the industry went though some of its largest shifts, we call that ‘disruption’ now-a-days. The exit of electro-mechanical pinball and the entrance of solid-state was a watershed moment in the hobby.

Some companies excelled in the new market and some fell almost immediately. Gottlieb well… they became zombies, just refusing to die and walking on and on and on… hanging in there… Somehow…

Today we’re going to review their final years of Gottlieb in the System 3 era.

As always we love to hear from you and we can always be reached at [email protected]

Sources:

Dennis Kriesel’s Street Level Pinball Machines Article from Pinball News

Eclectic Gamers Podcast #47

Internet Pinball Database

Jon Norris IPDB

Pinside at pinside.com

Gottlieb Developments

Wikipedia:

Interview with Jon Norris

Jon Norris Article

Pinball News. Smoked Out. Norris Leaves Stern

This Week in Pinball. Around the Playfield with Jon Norris

Norris Pinball Website

TOPCast Pinball Show:

#10 John Trudeau
    #55 Jon Norris
    Encyclopedia of Pinball Volume 2 (1934-1936)
    Bueschel, Richard M. Silverball Amusements.

Shalhoub, Michael (2004). The Pinball compendium: 1982 to Present. Schiffer Publishing, Lt. Here

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-r3psc-d9e5bd

264A1F9B-2E76-4708-8F36-704D526AD2A5 (resized).jpeg264A1F9B-2E76-4708-8F36-704D526AD2A5 (resized).jpeg
    #1026 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

NOT to be outdone by zmeny , dennisk has just installed his own “above ground” pool[quoted image]

I love that

#1035 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Real nice above ground$5000
    Nice inground pool here$28500

We were quoted close to 60k for a pool Good thing nicole hasn’t realized how much I’ve snuck into my collection

#1036 3 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 6: Pinball Polka!

Pinburgh Tournament Director Douglas Polka joins Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis. On today's show hear about things that will help your tourney.

Plus:
    - will PAPA Championships return?
    - what makes tourneys successful
    - sponsor of the week
    - a major event for YOU for the next episode
    - fan mail responses and an angry text
    - Martin's new love?

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-8nrdh-da0b50

1322D671-4728-4B0C-AFC9-5C2E6EA6B4C6 (resized).jpeg1322D671-4728-4B0C-AFC9-5C2E6EA6B4C6 (resized).jpeg256523D0-0528-4F5C-91FA-3D6D90008430 (resized).jpeg256523D0-0528-4F5C-91FA-3D6D90008430 (resized).jpeg
    #1039 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Zach and the fam.... LOL[quoted image]

That was pretty close to the proximity of my pinch too

#1054 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 11: We Are The Truth-Seekers

- Hot Wheels Pinball Update

- Clearing Up The Lord Of The Rings Rerelease Rumors

- Medieval Madness Remake Royal Editions Shipping

- Pinball Market Trends: Fact-Checking Edition

- Roger Sharpe's Genius

- Location Pinball Woes

- Segment: Flippers N Foils

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-uubge-da857a

0705401E-F52A-472B-96D4-97F17F05C372 (resized).jpeg0705401E-F52A-472B-96D4-97F17F05C372 (resized).jpeg
    #1057 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Looking forward to listen to this while I travel to work tomorrow.

Much appreciated MTN

#1061 3 years ago

Ok everybody, it’s time for you to be heard in our pinball community! Creating pinball media can seem intimidating, but it’s a blast and very rewarding. We are waiting for your Off The Record Pinball Podcast entries. Grab a mic and download the free program Audacity to record or use the free online service Zencastr to record you and cohosts’ audio. Give it a try, we think you’ll be happy with the results. Cover whatever interests YOU and have FUN! Give opinions on recent pinball news, discuss the history of pinball or older titles, talk about repairs or buying/selling, focus on a specific area of pinball (art, mechanics, design, etc.), create pinball games or segments. You name it and we bet people wanna hear it.

You can direct questions or request support from us at [email protected]

#1062 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 12: Is Pinball Ready For The Main Stage?

- Did Zach make a big mistake on his most recent pinball machine purchase?

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Licensing

- How the recent pandemic is affecting Stern Pinball

- Meny Competition Series Pinball: Increasing Competitive Pinball Standardization

- Getting Pinball on the Main Stage

- The struggle to get video game licenses in pinball

- The Thrilla in Elk Grove Villa: Gary Stern and Keith Johnson Battle on Mordor

- Whats holding up a Lord of the Rings Pinball Vault?

- Another run of JJP Pirates of the Caribbean could happen

- Pinball Market Trends

- So You Think You Can Trend?

Subscribe and follow The Pinball Network on Facebook and Twitch

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-vxbc8-db5349

827CE205-2F2A-48BE-8049-D18B4155360C (resized).jpeg827CE205-2F2A-48BE-8049-D18B4155360C (resized).jpeg
    #1064 3 years ago

Off The Record Pinball Podcast Episode 2:
    Just Another Pinball Podcast - The Pilot

Pinball enthusiast Joel embarks on hosting his first pinball podcast. This pilot episode is a refreshing look at the beginning stages of entering the pinball hobby.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-46358-dbb16f

580328D9-E284-4C6B-8413-76566487550A (resized).jpeg580328D9-E284-4C6B-8413-76566487550A (resized).jpeg
    #1068 3 years ago

NEW! Episode 7: Battle for the Final Round
    No competitions? No worry...we've got TWO!

- Is this the hardest pinball competition ever?
    - Is it pinball trivia?
    - Is it many friends gathering for fun times?
    - Is there heavy drinking involved?
    - Is it a total mess?
    If you answered YES to all of the above, you have Episode 7. Enjoy!

Special guests:
    - Corey Hulse
    - Joseph Fox
    - Mrs. Pin’s Pinball Podcast (happy birthday Sarah!)
    - Christian Line
    - Greg Poverelli
    - Kaite Martin
    - Nicole Bernier
    - Jeff Parsons
    - David Dennis
    - David van Es
    - Ryan Kuiper
    - Tracy Lindbergh
    - Travis Murie
    - Colin MacAlpine?
    - Andre Boule
    - Brent Hayashi
    - Robert Byers
    - Greg Sealby
    - Gareth S Hall
    - John Cosson
    - Ryan Cazz

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-x9884-dbe64d

E86F5F97-F3F0-4113-8F30-5A71BBC6396D (resized).jpegE86F5F97-F3F0-4113-8F30-5A71BBC6396D (resized).jpeg
    #1069 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 13: A Celebration of Mamas, Viewer Trends, One-Liners, & Little Richard

- Showing love for Mother Kriesel and Mama Meny

- Chicago Gaming Updates and Rumors

- Pinburgh Cancelled

- TWIP Pinball Promoters Database

- Pinball Market Trends

- Viewer Trends

- NEW Segment: Name That Liner

- Celebrating the Life of Little Richard

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-f38dn-dc01a8

4B2804E5-B14F-4582-9DB8-300A6F165CD3 (resized).jpeg4B2804E5-B14F-4582-9DB8-300A6F165CD3 (resized).jpeg
    #1072 3 years ago

The Pinball Show - Midweek Edition Episode 5: The Great Corespondent Escape!!!

Hosts: Craig Bobbie, Ken Rudberg, Dr. John Cosson, Chris "Jack Shit" Chandler, Brian Cosner, & Matt Morrison

- The TPN Corespondent Story

- Covering Stern Pinball, Jersey Jack Pinball, Chicago Gaming Company, American Pinball, Spooky Pinball, Haggis Pinball, & deeproot Pinball

- Virtual Pinball vs Real Pinball

- Operating vs Collecting Pinball

- Segment Tribute: Drain It Or Save It

- Flipper Toppers

- Pinball Expo 2020

- Pinball Manuals

- Will JJP Remanufacture Pirates Of The Caribbean?

- Repairing Pinball

- Rumored Goat Simulator Pinball? (insert scream)

- Outtakes

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-5ihrk-dc742b

F33EC0EC-71BF-4C8F-B914-5A1C83E89C91 (resized).jpegF33EC0EC-71BF-4C8F-B914-5A1C83E89C91 (resized).jpeg
    #1075 3 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Glad to hear talk on virtual pinball. I think that is the fastest growing field and capable for head to head play.

Maybe TPN needs a virtual pinball podcast? (Gasp, hurts me ears just thinking about it)

#1076 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Drain those flipper toppers indeed! So lame.

When I can’t get enough toppers, I just add flipper toppers!!! Woohoo!!! You love all the dazzle Law

#1080 3 years ago

Your TPN Weekly Streaming Lineup

If you’re interested in joining TPN, email us at [email protected]

#1082 3 years ago

Off The Record Pinball Podcast Episode 3:
    Women Of Pinball Roundtable Discussion

Host: Michael Winne

Panel: Sarah Line, Imoto Harney, Kaite Martin, & Stephanie Guida

- Panel profiles

- Experiencing the pinball hobby from a women's perspective

- Diversity in the pinball community and industry

- Lack of women pinball designers, programmers, and artists

- Stern Pinball's Initiative

- The Dogs Of Pinball

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-fzej7-dcc277

F6D9B6FC-83A5-4C36-94DC-1AD872D89332 (resized).jpegF6D9B6FC-83A5-4C36-94DC-1AD872D89332 (resized).jpeg
    #1083 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 14: A Padawan Emerges From Pinball Market Trends

- Spooky Pinball's Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle gets a code update

- Jeff Bakalar (CNet) joins Eclectic Gamers Podcast to discuss his interest in pinball

- Jeff Teolis interviews George Gomez (Stern Pinball) on Pinball Profile

- Off The Record Pinball Podcast Episode 3: Women Of Pinball Roundtable Discussion

- Loserkid Pinball Podcast chats with Doug Polka from PAPA

- Pinball Market Trends

- Viewer Trends

- Craig Bobbie makes Dennis Kriesel laugh and growl

- NEW SEGMENT: Dennis and Zach compete for bragging rights in a complex game created by Dr. John

- TPN This Week

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-58dtf-dccb97

93B112D7-8AD6-4A5D-9485-5E0853A2DABE (resized).jpeg93B112D7-8AD6-4A5D-9485-5E0853A2DABE (resized).jpeg
    #1085 3 years ago

The Big Lebowski Pinball Gameplay VOD with Zach Meny

Disclaimer: Strong Language

#1087 3 years ago

The Pinball Network welcomes a NEW podcast to the lineup!!! Joel Engelberth is the host of Just Another Pinball Podcast, found exclusively on TPN. Joel adds another perspective to team and we are sure you all will thoroughly enjoy his passion for pinball.

Check Out Another Pinball Podcast Episode 2 Now!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-bms7c-dd367c
    F4CC7B49-1B09-44DA-9583-472F29FDB4F0 (resized).pngF4CC7B49-1B09-44DA-9583-472F29FDB4F0 (resized).png1A09553F-63FD-4626-BC3B-1FBC07C36F8B (resized).jpeg1A09553F-63FD-4626-BC3B-1FBC07C36F8B (resized).jpeg5A03835B-98A5-411B-A046-7F95A19C5A73.png5A03835B-98A5-411B-A046-7F95A19C5A73.png

#1093 3 years ago

Silverball Chronicles Episode 4: Bat Sh*t Crazy: The Python Anghelo Story

Python Anghelo was an eccentric, passionate, charming, classically educated, combative, spiteful, and caring individual. He gave his all for pinball. Python is a guy who added social commentary to his back-glass art, added Easter eggs to his work, drank a lot, fought with leadership over creating unique worlds under glass.
    Python burned bridges, tossed insults, and pulled no punches along his life’s journey. He was a nut for sure.

Join us this month as we discuss Python’s upbringing, joining the coin-op industry, getting into verbal fights with co workers, drinking on boats, Steve Kordek, cows, more butchering of names, a poll joke and Python’s legacy.

Sources:

Python Anghelo Website. http://www.pythonanghelo.com/

Internet Pinball Database.https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&ppl=Python%20Anghelo

Pinside at pinside.com

Wikipedia:

- Python Anghelo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Python_Anghelo
    - Steve Kordek. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kordek

TOPCast Pinball Show:

- #10 Python Anghelo. http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/topcast_42.mp3

Python’s World Video.

Python’s GoFund Me. https://www.gofundme.com/f/helppython

Seminar video of Python at Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show 2013.

David Hevesi. New York Times. Steve Kordek, a Pinball Innovator, Dies at 100.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/24/business/steve-kordek-innovator-of-pinball-game-dies-at-100.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

Shalhoub, Michael (2004). The Pinball compendium: 1982 to Present. Schiffer
    Publishing, Lt. https://www.amazon.ca/Pinball-Compendium-1982-Present/dp/0764341073/ref=pd_sbs_14_1/134-3486497-2628848

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-izsqc-dd56b2

86881039-8ADB-41EE-8919-62BD99FA0E7F (resized).jpeg86881039-8ADB-41EE-8919-62BD99FA0E7F (resized).jpeg
    #1095 3 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Ep 8: Final Round The Movie

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins

Guest: Colin MacAlpine

- Episode 7 recap and hangover
    - Pinball content provider praise
    - Colin MacAlpine joins us (finally)
    - How to dissect a game for scoring
    - Iron Maiden 900 million Deathblow
    - Best strategies for Deadpool & Lord of the Rings
    - The Lazashatz
    - Great pinball players working for pinball manufacturers
    - Stern Showdown round 1 surprises
    - Influential pinball machines
    - Sponsor of the week
    - Good pinball machines, but bad movies

email us: [email protected]
    instagram: @finalroundpinball

53435D17-922A-4D60-BB38-BEC3B488F313 (resized).jpeg53435D17-922A-4D60-BB38-BEC3B488F313 (resized).jpeg
    #1096 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 15: Blinded By The Light Of An Auctioned-Off TWIPY

- Stern Pinball gears up for next release

- Head to head pinball battles NOW ONLINE

- Priepke talks Rick and Morty updates

- Dutch Pinball update

- New IFPA Challenge Rankings system

- Dr. John teases a new way to go insane

- Jersey Jack gives away an award

- Pinball Market Trends

- Viewer Trends

- TPN Today

- TPN This Week

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-dhs64-dda213

1B2ED5E4-C23D-4239-B337-CF66A938F6E2 (resized).jpeg1B2ED5E4-C23D-4239-B337-CF66A938F6E2 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #1102 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 16: Pinball Mutant Ninja Podcasters: Craigonardo, Jonatello, Menyangelo, and Kriesael

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel, Craig Bobbie, & Zach Meny

Guest: Jon Ehrlich from JackBar

- Stern Pinball Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles First Impressions

- Pinball Industry News & Updates

- Clarification of comments made on The Pinball Show Episode 15

- Discussion with Jon Ehrlich from JackBar

- Pinball Market Trends with Craig Bobbie

- Viewer Trends

- Canada: A Lifestyle Brand

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nrwc6-de63ff

37A4B31F-0EB5-4612-9076-5E4A25DD82A4 (resized).jpeg37A4B31F-0EB5-4612-9076-5E4A25DD82A4 (resized).jpeg
    #1123 3 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 9: Turtle Power!

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins

- The Week That Was
    - TMNT revealed by Stern Pinball
    - Dwight Sullivan joins Martin & Jeff to break down TMNT game & code
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - IFPA President Josh Sharpe gives update on IFPA and the new ICR ratings
    - Shout Outs!
    - Crap Movie/Good Pinball Results
    - Fan Mail

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-u4ahv-deacbf

A1A5603E-38AD-4003-979D-24039A1EF1C6 (resized).jpegA1A5603E-38AD-4003-979D-24039A1EF1C6 (resized).jpeg
    #1126 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

WTF is with the SCREAMING in my ears? Do you not understand that some people are listening with headphone/ear buds? Fucking knock off the screaming and yelling. Pretty sure I'm done listening to The Pinball Show now because this. Tried to give it a shot, listened to most of each episode so far, but I have to draw the line somewhere. Why would I continue to listen to an asshole podcast host who purposely screams in the ears of listeners. Fucking childish shit, man.

So my “screaming and yelling” is on purpose and I’m an asshole? I get excited and my voice has a bit of a range, but to be called an asshole without ever meeting or knowing someone? “Fucking childish shit” noted. Thanks in advance for tuning in this coming week.

#1134 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

There was intentional screaming around the 61 minute mark. It was not excitement or squealing with delight over Stranger Things, it was intentional. Anyone screams in my ear, I don't care if I know them or not, that's an asshole move.
    It's fine because I won't have to hear it anymore. But if anyone who listens to the next episode wants to let us know if it's scream-free, then maybe I'll take a listen.

Just listened back (thanks for the time stamp) and I assure you, me screaming out Pinball Market Trends is a reflection of my excitement rather than intentionally making people angry. Pinball Market Trends represents love and support and fun and hard facts and numbers.

My apologizes for the intensity of the enthusiasm though.

To listeners, if I was better at audio editing I would know about balancing such things. I do run basic compression on the audio files and painstakingly try to balance everything out. For example, when interviewing Jon from JackBar I went in and cut every piece of his audio and changed the db so his sound loudness better matched mine. Every single comment he made. So I am spending a very very very very long time on these edits and wish I was more efficient and better at it. Hopefully that will come with time. My entire Sunday is spent recording and editing the Monday show every week.

Thanks to those with constructive feedback and I will try to figure out a way to better modify that.

JP Topper release will make for an exciting (but not too loud) discussion between myself and the diabolical Dennis Kriesel! Tune in Monday to hear our takes!

#1135 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Edition Episode 6:
    Craig Sits In The Big Boy Chair

Host: Craig Bobbie

- TMNT First Impressions

- Shake N Bake: A Story About Jeff Teolis and Competitive Pinball

- Mr. Roboto Sing-A-Long

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-8d7kt-dedceb

99B3B45F-33CA-4D11-8A58-11A2B70725BE (resized).jpeg99B3B45F-33CA-4D11-8A58-11A2B70725BE (resized).jpeg
    #1139 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

So I want to publicly apologize to Zach for being so critical of him in the past. It's fun to pile on about his shilling, but the guy does have a business to run. That's why Dennis is the perfect foil (not to mention one of very few people who can make me laugh out loud). The last volley I threw at Zach was saying that he and Kaneda are more alike than he realizes. (I listen to both shows)
    I think I turned the corner on Zach when he got choked up talking about giving his son a project (watch a movie) and the resistance he got. Suddenly I remembered all the heartache that went into raising a teenager. I may not always agree with everything he says, but it's easy to tell that Zach is a decent human being and a genuinely nice guy. We recently sold our home and bought a smaller condo so I had to sell all 12 of my pins, but I'm eventually going to buy a NIB for our new place and will call Flippin' Out.
    I recently friended Zach on Facebook and was going to apologize there but since Pinside is the place I've given him so much shit in the past, this seems like the right place.

Wow, that’s unbelievably kind of you and gives me hope that there are more people in pinball like you. That type of gesture is what makes this community and many of the friendships here last. None of us have to agree on everything, shit that would be boring if we did, but respecting one another and being decent is what I stand for, oh and providing a bunch of entertaining and informative content. To you PismoArcade, cheers friend.

#1141 3 years ago

Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Topper Unboxing + PRIZE GIVEAWAY

#1144 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 17: It's Not About The Topper, It's About The Changing Landscape Of Pinball, But Are We Devolving?

*Warning Explicit Language

- Stern Pinball recently released Jurassic Park topper

- Dennis hosts Pinball Topper Trends

- The Changing Social Climate of the Pinball Community

- TMNT Lead Software Designer, Dwight Sullivan, visits LoserKid Pinball Podcast and Final Round Pinball Podcast

- Industry News

- New Code for Spooky Pinball's Rick & Morty

- Pinball Market Trends

- GOATS GOATS GOATS

- New Segment: The Pinball Show MVP

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-7x6yg-df220a

7F8116CE-97EA-45BA-AB16-05AA401C6115 (resized).jpeg7F8116CE-97EA-45BA-AB16-05AA401C6115 (resized).jpeg
    #1146 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"Disk Locked Content!"
    Uff when Stern is against the ropes with the public, Zach is sent in. Nightmare episode.

Oh no, what did Dennis say to induce such night sweats for ya?

#1156 3 years ago
    Quoted from Inpw:

"One of the cheapest options on the market"? This is beyond ridiculous. I get that some people actually like the JP topper - different tastes and all. BOM and effort wise, it's still something Stern should be ashamed for putting out. Sorry, Zach, but to me you've lost all honesty and integrity. I'm sure you're a nice guy and a great distributor, but I don't like being taken for an idiot. I applaud TPN for great shows like Pinball Chronicles, The Plumb or Just Another Pinball Podcast and will continue to listen to them, but for me, that's it for TPS. It's sad to think SWL, Slap Save and others disappeared for this infomercial.

My apologies for grating on you enough for you to provide this type of public feedback. Creating content that presents both sides of a topic, while also making it engaging and entertaining is no easy task. But at times, if I’m being transparent, I feel on an island of trying to provide different viewpoints and arguments because taking the less popular view every time is not always enjoyable, but is important to me in the content I produce for others (even if it reinforces dislike for me over my cohost(s)).

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, my goal is to create content that makes people feel and think. Two people agreeing on every topic is a snoozefest that id rather not waste my time creating. I spoke of the topper as being the “best value in pinball” in the same sentence as I said it would be handed down from generation to generation. If you missed the sarcasm here I apologize for not laying it on even thicker. Saying I have lost all honesty and integrity is hurtful, but I achieved my goal in making you feel and think, maybe even in a different way, so I’ll take the arrows.

My aim for the discussion was to use the topper as a symbol and metaphor for what the community is evolving/devolving into, hence the name of the episode title. Plenty of good examples not only on this website, but in this thread alone.

Also, I would like people to know that Slap Save and SWL did not “disappear for this infomercial”. That is frustrating because of all the work Ken Cromwell and Jason Fowler have done for this community. I say this respectfully @inpw, do some homework and you’ll find that such a statement is disrespectful and you would be shocked at just why some of your favorite podcasts are no longer being done. Please don’t put that on me because that’s incredibly false.

Hate to lose you as a listener, but it sounds like my work is not appreciated at the level you need so I agree, a different type of podcast is certainly the right call.

#1158 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah posting on Pinside isn't a Herculean task

So then you actually know what the big deal is with toppers, and you're just taking the position of a rube and further acting out that role?

So that's why SDTM ended?

The martyr angle loses a bit of it's effectiveness after you just made an unboxing video posted in multiple threads jizzing all over the thing how sweet it is. So wait...this episodes Zach really doesn't love the topper, he's just playing Devil's Advocate even if he must suffer for it?
    And I guess the unboxing Zach wasn't him either, but a symbol of the 'merican "go get'em Tiger" capitalism that made this land so great?
    Is there a real Zach? I thought what hurt you most was people blaming you for not being honest and yourself and yelling that you were a salesman acting?
    Dennis sounds like a dude I know and shoot the shit with...is he real, or is he also just playing a counterpoint role to open our eyes and teach us something?
    What was my point in all this? I'm not going to lie l had a shitload of ice cream with the fam and I might be a little too wired at this point. Now you can see why I don't have a podcast; it would make 0 sense. MeanwHile you look super fit lately so umm, keep up the good work.

Love the topper glad I bought it.

SDTM still going strong.

I’m plenty real. I guess I’m not great at displaying to the audience being over-the-top or sarcastic, but then again I am criticized for that too. People are great <sarcasm

#1177 3 years ago
    Quoted from Inpw:

I don't want to derail this thread any further, so this is going to be my last post in it. There's just some things I would like to clarify as I think not all my points came across as intended.

First of all, thanks for your feedback, I honestly appreciate it. However, this is just what I'm talking about. I cannot believe your position on anything Stern is motivated by your personal opinion or even by trying to present both sides of a story (for our benefit), but rather by your business interests. Maybe I'm wronging you here, but that's just the impression I get. Like all other manufacturers, Stern have their hits and misses. I would like to see that represented in a podcast. "Dennis as a counterweight" is a valid argument, but it doesn't consider that he also credits Stern when it's deserved. I'm not looking for two guys agreeing or disagreeing for the sake of it, but rather for them telling it like they see it. It has nothing to do with whether one's opinion is popular or not. So, again, kudos to Dennis.
    If you're interested (and you understand the language), there's a guy called "Held der Steine" on Youtube, doing a German video series on Lego. It's a topic I couldn't care for less, but he's as engaging and entertaining as they come. The reason I'm bringing him up is that he is, like you, both a distributor and content provider. He lauds Lego for their better sets, but also lays into them when he thinks they messed up. He regularly even refuses to take some of their stuff into his inventory when he thinks that the quality isn't up to par and/or the MSRP is too high (which he often lowers anyway). He also seems to be very successful in both his roles, so it IS possible to combine them.

I don't presume to know Ken, Jason, Matt and Bill's motivations for stepping away from their individual podcasts. In Jason's case, I take it he was disappointed with part of the community. I don't blame you for that. All I'm saying is that we lost some things and got another, more centralized one. I think diversity in pinball media has suffered for it (which is kind of ironic since I'm as anti-PC as one could be). It's not all bad as TPN can be a platform for new creators to try some things, but overall, in my humble opinion, there's just too much Flip N Out in pinball at the moment.
    I would like to appreciate and thank all content creators for all their hard work. I know a lot of effort goes into it, and my disappointment with certain aspects of podcasting does not diminish that appreciation.

My apologies for providing the content. I would encourage you to reach out to Jason and Ken and ask them privately why they ended podcasting, then maybe you would see my perspective and frustration when you make accusations as such.

Quoted from Doctor6:

The problem with the Lego comparison is you're going from hundreds of dollars for a Lego set to thousands. I flat out don't believe zach about new pinball machines. He flat out will lie to make a sale. I get it. I love jack danger and know he will lean heavily towards stern because he is in their pocket. That's why I value when guys have zero association with pinball companies and have nothing to lose when giving their opinions. That's why I liked slap save. When they said something, I believed them. There was no agenda. Just once I'd like to see zach give an F on a machine. A fucking F. Be honest for once and tell us when a (new) game is shit. He can't. That's why we need an impartial podcast.
    That is why I like Dennis. He reminds me of Matt from slap save.

Let’s discuss that here since I lie. What’s a recently released game that deserves an F grade rating?

#1184 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

What the fuck are you doing giving stranger things a god damn B+? You have an agenda. Period.
    I can't wait to see how you rave about the flaming turd that Heavy Metal is going to inevitably be.

I don't know that he sells this. If he sells it: B.

What recently released game deserves an F?

#1196 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Mun is a solid D at best.
    Stranger things is a C- at absolute best and that is on a good day.

Appreciate you putting yourself out there with an overall grade, it’s not easy to quantify.

For Munsters Pro and Stranger Things Prem/LE, grade the following categories

- Art
    - Shots & Layout
    - Rules & Code
    - Toys & Innovation
    - Music & Call Outs
    - Display & Animation
    - Theme
    - Enjoyability

#1207 3 years ago

Whysnow thanks for the ratings. So you’ve been pretty brutal to my inability to confidently rate a game, but looking at your scores a little closer:

MUN
    - Art F
    - Shots & Layout F
    - Rules & Code F
    - Toys & Innovation F
    - Music & Call Outs D-
    - Display & Animation F
    - Theme C-
    - Enjoyability F

Cumulative Grade F (0.20)

ST
    - Art D-
    - Shots & Layout F
    - Rules & Code F
    - Toys & Innovation F
    - Music & Call Outs D-
    - Display & Animation F
    - Theme B-
    - Enjoyability F

Cumulative Grade F (0.37)

One could argue that your grades are flawed and likely are affected by outside interest or exaggeration. For example, many would question your assessment ability, given your Munsters Art rating of F, considering the game received an award for Art. Other things I would consider highly questionable is a Munsters Shots/Layout of F, STh Rules/Code of F, STh Display/Animation of F, and STh Innovation of F.

The point being, it’s easy to throw shade at those rating games and sure it’s subjective, but that doesn’t take away the fact that a lot of thought and work go into grading and reviewing a pinball machine. Just my two cents because I love reviewing games and take it seriously, regardless if that’s foolish or not to others.

#1208 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

The problem with the Lego comparison is you're going from hundreds of dollars for a Lego set to thousands. I flat out don't believe zach about new pinball machines. He flat out will lie to make a sale. I get it. I love jack danger and know he will lean heavily towards stern because he is in their pocket. That's why I value when guys have zero association with pinball companies and have nothing to lose when giving their opinions. That's why I liked slap save. When they said something, I believed them. There was no agenda. Just once I'd like to see zach give an F on a machine. A fucking F. Be honest for once and tell us when a (new) game is shit. He can't. That's why we need an impartial podcast.
    That is why I like Dennis. He reminds me of Matt from slap save.

What recent pinball machines deserve an F grade?

#1215 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Does Punny Factory count?

Hahaha haven’t played it, but it doesn’t look appealing

#1239 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Basically to Zach and Greg, a C is garbage. C should be average. Thus the ranking.

What recent release deserves an F?

#1248 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Every time you ask me specifically someone else gives a good answer. Stop asking me such an inane question as you will never change your mind and just be your condescending self. It would kill you to give even a D to a pin. Munsters and stranger things. They're shit. Those are Ds. F? Jetsons.
    Will you run off and change your scores? Of course not. So stop asking because your scoring system is garbage.

Likes selling it is more like it. All those games I give an A! I predict he and Greg will have an episode where he rates popeye an A- just a week before he unloads it onto somebody. I'm of course being slightly sarcastic.

But I’m waiting for your grades so I can see how it’s done. That’s all. And as you say I never change my mind, please go back and see specific SDTM episodes where we re-review games to update our scoring on them. We wanna see your grades if you are so offended by me providing mine for the fun of it. Hell, Hilton even did it and I give him a lot of credit for putting scores to his opinions on a game. You blast in here making accusations that are false, but you can’t provide any information to support these precarious claims.

#1249 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

This image is all the stats anyone needs when constructively critiquing the caliber of a their friendly local salesman/distributor/podcaster...

When you have those games in previously owned, but Popeye in your current collection... case closed. lol
    You like some turds and that is cool, just own your opinion. You like and rate some pretty horrible games very highly.
    Reality to me is that if you were not a salesman, your real preference is likely a mix of your currently owned and wishlist games.
    In other words, only 4 Sterns out of 20 games. That is all any collection really ever needs anyway.
    Toss on these 'stats' that 40% of your currently owned is Stern and 50% of your previously owned is Stern.
    When it all comes down to it, most of these 'highly rated' games just dont make the cut in your 10 game collection.[quoted image]

Hilton I have no clue the point you’re trying to make here haha. Help me better understand.

My top 5 sdtm reviewed games (also the only As I’ve given) include the number 1 game being a B/W (I don’t sell those new ), 2 B/W, 2 Stern, and a JJP. Only one of the top 5 I sell. What am I missing?

#1250 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Y'all are fucking weird.

Now there’s something I can agree with! Hahaha

#1251 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Then there is churn, or how often pins are being bought/sold. A young collector has little experience and a curiosity to play and learn. They might find a pin to be their grail, yet sell it six months later, only to purchase a Popeye. They tend to have a higher rate of churn than the naturally occurring rate. In the long term (after five years in the hobby), the pillars of one’s collection should start to resemble that person’s top 10 list. Why you ask? Well, that is the question I want to hear Zach and Dennis discuss.

That’s a great topic and I’d love to discuss this if Dennis is up for it

#1277 3 years ago

Join Steve, Moppy, and the rest of the Puppet Palz gang as they discuss, dance, and sing their love for pinball.

EPISODE ONE COMING SOON!

Until then, follow The Puppet Palz by subscribing to The Pinball Network and by following The Puppet Palz at facebook.com/PuppetPalz

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-v4mg4-df8a98

5FCCB0BF-4F09-46D7-948B-722B57081463 (resized).jpeg5FCCB0BF-4F09-46D7-948B-722B57081463 (resized).jpeg
    #1280 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Two places that are MUST STOPS anytime my family and I are in the Pacific Northwest:
    1. Ground Kontrol Arcade - Awesome place with a great selection of pins and arcade games. My personal favorite arcade / pinball bar.
    2. Portland Puppet Museum - Quirky place with some amazing puppets such as an original Lamb Chop and original set-used Daniel Tiger.
    I feel like the puppet museum would freak Greg out! Those eyes staring at you! Although the second image isn't actually the Portland Puppet Museum, I just thought it was freaky! And people think Rudy is bad!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I’m up for a road trip with my Den Den! Cmon Kriesel it’ll be fuuuuuuun!

#1283 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

So.....I’ve really enjoyed the recent podcasts with Zach and Dennis. I’ve probably listened to all the recent ones and then today I listened to the topper one.
    Before going into my thoughts I will say that Zach is getting a TON of crap from not only pinside but other outlets as well. Let me say this as I don’t even think I need to pile on here.
    I stopped midway through the episode b/c I couldn’t stomach it.
    Here is my suggestion to Zach.
    I know you have to sell machines - it is your job and therefore I listen to your opinions with that in mind. What I think really bothers people is when you try to defend the BS. When you challenge those who say it’s a cash grab by saying it’s a great topper and stern is innovating and they spent a ton of time to code a BS mode and therefore should charge for it.
    That approach is REALLY a killer. It cuts down on your character.
    Make the videos showing th product. Let the listeners know it’s available - let them know how to get it and what it brings to the table. That’s totally cool b/c you’re a distributor but please don’t proactively defend stern b/c it just comes off sleezy when it’s so obvious stern is bending the community over period. I also read you were trying to play both sides of the coin. I hope that was the case but in something so clearly wrong, sometimes there aren’t two sides. Old Zach is absolutely raging right now.
    God bless Dennis with his patience btw who methodologically sliced through the nonsense. I’m sure the episode had much more to offer but I couldn’t listen to it. I will certainly check out the next ones and appreciate the time put into these but just a suggestion on making a living but not compromising your integrity in the process.

So you only listened to half of it? Then how do you know what was said in the second half? You may have learned something Delt. I believe my point made on the part you missed cleared up my support of those who don’t think it’s worth the money and don’t like the idea of it including a mode. I think people should voice their opinion on the topper and the business practices of manufacturers. No worries or anger from me, $600 is a lot of money to me.

#1284 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Episode 4: Getting My Wife To Talk Pinball

Joel invites his wife Nicole to speak about the pinball hobby and her experience being a pinball spouse.

streaming: twitch.tv/justanotherpinball

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-35tv9-dfb4fd

9E264A8F-CB17-4664-AF37-C7405F0F027A (resized).png9E264A8F-CB17-4664-AF37-C7405F0F027A (resized).png
    #1285 3 years ago

TPS Midweek Ep 7: CB Shakes the JP Topper and Bakes Pinball DLC AND Baby Bobbie With Some Strong Takes

Cohost: Baby Bobbie

- Stern releases Jurassic Park Topper

- Craig does not want people to tell him how to spend his money

- Are we entering DLC in pinball?

- Baby Bobbie gives her take on Stern's TMNT and other observations about the hobby of pinball

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-mq4cv-dfb770

770AA082-0562-461C-83F5-D4DF20085EF7 (resized).jpeg770AA082-0562-461C-83F5-D4DF20085EF7 (resized).jpeg
    #1289 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 18: JJP Sees No Limit & AP Limits Itself

- JJP Pinball Podcast Launches with host Ken Cromwell interviewing JJP co-owner Brett Abess

- American Pinball Hot Wheels Reveal: The Sequel

- American Pinball Jumbles Launch Of Hot Wheels

- Condolences on a huge loss to pinball

- Pinball Market Trends

- Deals Of The Week

- Viewer Trends - Pinball Celebrity Edition

- TPN Today

- TPN This Week: Final Round and What In The Hell Are Puppet Palz?

- Dennis and Zach harmonize making an angel lose it's wings

facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork

streaming: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-v9zp7-dfe3be

788845AF-8BC3-46DA-AB1F-FBBE475D9E94 (resized).jpeg788845AF-8BC3-46DA-AB1F-FBBE475D9E94 (resized).jpeg
    #1293 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

The thing is, AP had so much time due to the shutdown to figure out a marketing strategy to properly roll out the game and they were still fumbling and trying to throw something together last minute. Seriously? Zach, that video you and Greg put together is better than anything AP could have ever done. I thought it was excellent! That intro was so clever and fun and actually for the first time, got me somewhat excited for the game and the upcoming stream. Nothing AP has put out in the past 6 months made me at all interested in this game. You bust your ass putting that together FOR FREE and they complain about it!? They should be ashamed.

Thanks man, Greg and I felt great about it as well. We had a blast filming, editing, playing, and sharing it with everyone so at the end of the day all is good.

#1327 3 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

While I was not involved in all the conversations Zach had with the American Pinball team, from my perspective, and what I know, what Zach has said is not a totally accurate account of what happened, and as everyone knows there is always more than one side to the story. I'm not going to try address this here, but as I told Zach, I'm happy to come on a podcast to talk about Hot Wheels, and when that happens, I would certainly be open to talk about the rollout.

As a friend of mine, we would be happy to have you on to discuss Josh, but I was speaking on my platform just as AP was speaking and advertising on theirs and Jack Danger was speaking on his. I continue to enjoy Hot Wheels, have friends at AP including yourself, and am excited for people to get their games so they can share the enjoyment that Greg and I had raving it on our videos.

#1339 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

He used his platform, not theirs. I think this is all getting blown way out of proportion though as I seriously doubt there is any animosity or ill-will between the main parties involved.

No ill-will from sdtm. We were perplexed and I wanted to discuss on the podcast since there was confusion. Didn’t want Greg and I’s work to seem like we botched something or aired videos prematurely. That’s all. Moving on and looking forward to discussing the latest happenings in pinball with Dennis next week!

#1342 3 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 10: Keith Elwin's Game #3 Revealed! (aka clickbait)

Join hosts Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis for this milestone episode

- The week that was, including Martin's gameplay tips

- KEITH ELWIN'S GAME #3 REVEALED

- Discussion of the new game and more with a special insider

- Topper Talk

- Sponsor Of The Week #1: ULEKstore

- The announcement of the biggest tourney EVER (on this show)

- Sponsor Of The Week #2 (double digit show, double sponsors): Pinball Etiquette

- Plus, recorded just recently a special tribute to the late Steve Epstein
    listen here: thepinballnetwork.net

Instagram: @finalroundpinball

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4dpma-e03bfd

6FAAFD07-0C5F-4007-B723-065DFC88C5D3 (resized).jpeg6FAAFD07-0C5F-4007-B723-065DFC88C5D3 (resized).jpeg
    #1344 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I think that might be KME's actual quarantine hair.

Hahaha Only Keith could make a Golden Girls LE that would sellout day 1

#1381 3 years ago

Such a cute and genuine gesture......

Speaking of cute, check this out! Something very special has arrived to the pinball scene...

Puppet Palz Episode 1: Pinball Dream Themes

Hosts: Steve & Moppy

- Pinball Dream Themes

- Moppy let's it go

- Steve is stuck in the 90s

- New Puppet Pal Mail Carrier Zaccario delivers Fan Mail!

- Coming Together!

facebook: facebook.com/PuppetPalz

Message Puppet Palz for a chance to have your mail covered on a future episode!!!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-usx7b-e0512e

4F2D075C-FD2F-4C41-A6C3-17207AF3C2E4 (resized).jpeg4F2D075C-FD2F-4C41-A6C3-17207AF3C2E4 (resized).jpeg
    #1406 3 years ago

Hahaha I don’t mind Greg fired up because it rarely happens. Bone doesn’t get fired up unless he smells something stanky.

But the focus was supposed to be on a new podcast that is terrific.

Puppet Palz Episode 1: Pinball Dream Themes

Hosts: Steve & Moppy

- Pinball Dream Themes
    - Moppy let's it go
    - Steve is stuck in the 90s
    - New Puppet Pal Mail Carrier Zaccario delivers Fan Mail!
    - Coming Together!

Message Puppet Palz for a chance to have your mail covered on a future episode!!!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-usx7b-e0512e

#1410 3 years ago
    Quoted from PuppetPalz:

Golly! Thank you so much Hollybone. Moppy and I had a super terrific time on our first show! We can't wait for episode 2!
    -STEVE

Oh shit! Steve has a Pinside account!

#1423 3 years ago
    Quoted from protocol_j:

Look, I love puppet theater as much as the next guy, but you can’t tell me to be quiet while a man is continuing to be doxxed over something stupid. None of us should.

You are using the term doxxing incorrectly I believe. And I assure you, to save face, let’s not continue with this. It was over yesterday before Jack came in here with more false info. After speaking with AP the past couple of days in passing, they want to move past this all and we were agreeable to that. Play some Hot Wheels, it’s a good and fun game regardless of the rollout hiccups.

#1430 3 years ago
    Quoted from pickleric:

zmeny and hollywoodbone what are the chances we might be able get another face-off video one of these days on SDTM?
    The Houdini one was great. A JP battle would be awesome.

Happy to discuss in the sdtm thread. I’m waiting for Dennis to boot me out of this thread hahaha. Love ya Den Den.

#1432 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Despite what some may say or believe, and despite my having made a comment about it, I was not involved in it, I was not some evil mastermind, I was focused on preparing for and doing a kick ass stream for the launch of Hot Wheels.

This is false.

Quoted from DeadFlip:

when I really was not involved.

This is false.

And as I stated on The Pinball Show Podcast, Jack’s stream prior to the reveal he stated we jumped the gun and release early and likely would reupload once the stream was finished.

That was false.

He also indicated on that stream that he did not contact AP about the videos and that he was contacted with an apology from AP and that he was not involved.

That was false unless other involved parties were lying to us.

Jack’s pokes and aggressions we have become accustomed to, albeit always stressful. We never aim to be the aggressor and we are having too much fun as friends in pinball to spend time on creating conflict.

However, when incorrect things are said publicly about us from “the face of pinball” and a “global pinball ambassador”, then we have no choice but to point out the truth in an effort to defend our brand and our integrity as people.

That’s all, nothing more. Believe us when we say, we will continue dealing with it. You will continue to not see us provoking anything. If anyone would like to add to this dialogue, you can contact us privately or continue discussion in the SDTM thread. We attempted to move forward without rehashing stuff and tried to keep this embarrassing information between us and AP, that was agreed upon. But if AP approved Jack’s message then may be that was false as well. Oh well, PLAY MORE PINBALL and enjoy the fantastic content from the group of providers at TPN as well as all other pinball media. No one wants shitty drama in pinball. This is all of our escape we can agree on that.

#1439 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I wonder what Moppy looks like? Anything like one of these? Although the last one is a bit scary. Then again, just because his name is Moppy, doesn't actually mean he has to have mop-like features. Hmm...is it wrong that I'm wondering these kinds of things after listening to Puppet Palz? Are these questions that a 34-year-old man should be asking? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My mind did the same thing. For me, that’s the genius of it being audio form. We get to imagine. That means for the thousands of listens, each Steve and Moppy and Zaccario are different

#1446 3 years ago
    Quoted from rudysoup:

Zach, I needed to let you know Jack Danger has many names and titles in Pinball, such as CEO, Global Pinball Ambassador, Twitch Ambassador, Stern Stan, and many others, but the "Face of Pinball" is not one of them. Rudysoup IS the Face of Pinball. Have a Great Day and God Bless![quoted image]

I can get behind that! Hahaha

#1448 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I tried listening to Puppet Palz...I really tried.

listen to the whole episode, then make your decision, trust me.

#1493 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 19: Dennis Is Fired Up & Zach Is Trending Down

- Father's Day Love

- Final Round Interview w/ Keith Elwin Discussion

- Industry News Updates

- Pinball Spinners and Ripping Them In 2020

- Does Anyone Give A Shit About Pop Bumpers?

- JJP Next Game Update

- Spooky Rick & Morty Code Update, Unboxing, and Ownership

- Kriesel Does Not Approve of Certain Pinside Threads and of Zach Singing

- Pinball Market Trends

- Deals Of The Week

- Viewer Deal Of The Week

- The Pinball Show MVP: Stern Spider-Man

- Tribute To The 4-Inch Kriesel Clone

fb: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-pkjrg-e0b266

5F3EEE14-89FF-4B0B-9348-B74E8007C6E1 (resized).jpeg5F3EEE14-89FF-4B0B-9348-B74E8007C6E1 (resized).jpeg
    #1498 3 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

Zach- you forgot best spinner and point scoring/mode advancement in pinball..Hobbit and Erebor, one of the requirements for wizard modes. And those orbits are smooth!

I agree they are butter and I like that they progress that map. Augustus is like that on Wonka but one good rip and that achievement is met

#1505 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Jack Danger let me just say this the two single most entertaining people in pinball are yourself and TNT Amusement. You owe no apologize to anyone just keep doing what you do, and let everyone else do what they do. Reality is I think your live streams are about the main media in pinball that actually influences people to buy or not to buy. When you watch TNT you learn more about pinball history, how they work, how to fix a game, etc. I watch you live stream every game, which is a testimony to how great of a job you do! I don't listen to podcasts, I'm only interested in someone showcasing the games features. What I really like about your live stream is you cover every manufacturer, you're not telling people to buy something, you're just having a blast playing the game. When you do what you do you give everyone else a chance to really understand what a game offers without being told to turn around and buy it. We as buyers can make up our own minds as to if we like something or not and only when you get the kind of stream you offers do you really know how you feel about a game you haven't seen in person! Kudos!
    Keep up the great work!

Just when you think your thread is safe from this guy....

996C9532-7F2E-4F34-848F-DAF4C024E04F (resized).jpeg996C9532-7F2E-4F34-848F-DAF4C024E04F (resized).jpeg
    #1540 3 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

RE: TPS #19:
    Spinner hits counting down to complete a mode? Check out Heist! Safecracker mode uses the spinner just like the dial on a safe. Spin it right x times, spin it left y times, and spin it right z times. Also, hacker mode uses a simpler spin count to 'enter the password' before transitioning to the file download phase of the mode.
    Pop hits counting down to complete a mode? Check out Heist! Demolition man mode uses the pop bumper to count down the bomb's fuse/timer to achieve 'kaboom'!
    - Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

Can’t wait to get my hands on Heist!

#1542 3 years ago

We love that pinball media is becoming more creative and entertaining!

Silverball Stories Ep 4: The Pindersons

Host: Joshuah Jacobs

Guest Appearances: Mrs. Jacobs, Dennis Kriesel, Greg Bone, & Zach Meny

NOW SHOWING: 80s-90s pinball sitcom The Pindersons

In this episode of Silverball Stories, creator Josh illustrates the story of buying a preowned pinball machine during a pandemic

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-6rmcg-e0fa9e

D8BB17D9-5235-4834-BBD3-45F7E8F4AEBE (resized).jpegD8BB17D9-5235-4834-BBD3-45F7E8F4AEBE (resized).jpeg
    #1560 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

These plastic 2 dollar awards have made all these guys go bananas. I will only state a fact, not one single person cares about Kaneda or Zach or any of these people's opinions about if they should or shouldn't buy something. There is an old saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder. People are going to buy what they want, not what someone tells them to buy.
    We're talking in some cases up to 10k or more for a game... the person buying has to love it. Podcasts are entertainment to pass time away they don't influence anything. Fighting over and winning some toy trophy doesn't make one person better than another. Kaneda thinks he's super important in this hobby he's not... he has a podcast, he doesn't manufacturer games. The single most important people are the business they create the games and to you if they create the game YOU WANT!
    Podcasts are podcasts everyone does them they influence no one who's going to drop 10k on a game that i can tell you. So honestly don't understand why all these people are fighting over nothing. They should stick to their lane and stop thinking one is more popular than another because they're not... every single one of us who buys games are important to the people who make them. Period.
    As for Jack Danger his livestreams are great again because they help you understand the game you may or may not buy a lot better. Thats all... the rest is just pinball.

You come in the TPN thread spreading negativity and letting everyone know why other media are better, but then you claim people like myself believe they are more popular than others. You being in this thread is unwanted by me, but it’s a public forum so hey, knock yourself out. I just ask that if you wanna stick around, provide some evidence for all of these claims, otherwise you are just spewing incorrect information.

#1561 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Haha no need to "clear" anything, just asking Zach to contact me directly with issues as it is way easier than working through public subtle jabs from him which gets tiring. I get emails saying the search on TWIP is bias against TPN after people hear him on the podcast. It was the default search, and we've made it better because of his good feedback. Just reach out to me directly! I've asked Zach like a dozen times privately to do this. Going public with everything just creates unnecessary drama and it is exhausting.
    The divisive nature of the pinball "media" is just embarrassing for the hobby right now for everyone.
    <steps off soapbox>

Not sure why I would be subtly jabbing you Jeff. I was just speaking my opinion on a podcast with no intent to harm. Hell, I even plugged the database at the end, as I often do for TWIP, so people could go participate in the database themselves. Your go-to is often “people are messaging me” about this, but I am doubtful that you received one message regarding this. And calling myself divisive and embarrassing publicly on this thread is a tad ironic given your original request. Since you are here though and you yourself have a big and respected platform, I’m sure people would love to hear your take on specifically why it’s so divisive and embarrassing. Anything you’ve witnessed over the past several months that doesn’t sit well with you?

#1564 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

I’ll skip addressing each individual thing you mention above and just go to your end question.
    I can do that if you’d like me to but you have to narrow it down a bit! I know you and I have discussed a lot of things privately. You want my thoughts on stuff with your podcast specifically, or specific people like Jack Danger, or the entire pinball industry?

I think people would love to hear your take on all of those things. Just to showcase that you and I may have our differences but work hard to cover pinball for everyone in the right way.

#1565 3 years ago

Silverball Chronicles with David and Ron

Episode 5: Stepping on Rakes: Gottlieb System 1

Gottlieb was a giant in the pinball industry. Some would say that they created some of the most fun in the Electro-Mechanical era than all the other manufacturers combined. When the sea change of the Solid-State Era appeared on the horizon, Gottlieb the industry giant began stepping on rakes and never fully recovered.

Come hang out with a slightly bitter Dave and an always chipper Ron as they chat about Gottlieb’s EM dominance, the industry transition to solid-state, what each companies technology was like, their favourite System 1 machines, vari-targets and the industry’s worst piece of garbage spinner!

Sources provided @ thepinballnetwork.net

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-izh63-e11840

C8AF0133-3CA8-4C1E-A427-243464A664FA (resized).jpegC8AF0133-3CA8-4C1E-A427-243464A664FA (resized).jpeg
    #1574 3 years ago

Dang! Where did that come from? Must have missed that Haha

#1579 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Also Zach my next NIB will be through FlipNout. You’ve provided, or sponsored, so many of the great podcast that I enjoy that you’ve earned my business.
    Plus I’ve heard nothing but good things from those who have purchased from FlipNout.
    I originally contacted you about a JP NIB and was going to buy one from ya, but literally the day I was going to pull the trigger a 2 month old HUO came up for sale just down the street from me for a crazy deal, the cheap guy in me couldn’t pass it up.
    Hopefully I’ll be snagging a TMNT from ya in the future.

More than happy to help and we are here when you need.

#1593 3 years ago

RYAN C IS OFFICIALLY BACK!!!

This time, he’s riding shotgun to his eager protege Jesse Jay on her quest for pinball knowledge in...

Jesse Jay’s Pinball Adventures

Episode 1: Zingy Bingy

Hosts: Jesse Jay & Ryan C

Join Jessy Jay on her knowledge quest from punter to pinhead, all with a little help from Ryan C!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-v5ngb-e15181

7C52D98A-B08F-4096-9717-B9DE9D91E619 (resized).jpeg7C52D98A-B08F-4096-9717-B9DE9D91E619 (resized).jpeg
    #1599 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 5: Positivity In Pinball

Host: Joel Engelberth

- Joel discusses some positive sides of the pinball hobby and of pinball media, such as podcasting, streaming, etc.

- TMNT First Impressions

- Thoughts about Kaneda's Pinball Podcast ending

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-x92fp-e188b4

E9506EE1-A717-477F-84B7-B359B02413BC (resized).pngE9506EE1-A717-477F-84B7-B359B02413BC (resized).png
    #1609 3 years ago

NEW! Episode 11: Playing On The Fly.

Join Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis for the latest.

Show notes:
    - LOTR & Centaur remakes?
    - Hot Wheels from American Pinball looks fun!
    - Metallica fans rule the internet
    - sponsor of the week
    - Special Guest: Andrei Massenkoff discusses Flip Frenzies, Free Gold Watch in San Francisco, social aspect of tourneys, playoff scoring changes, PAPA history and helping others enjoy pinball.
    - playoff pressure
    - ICR Challenges
    - The Final Round Pinburgh Challenge up next!

listen here: www.thepinballnetwork.net (uploading soon)
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

9AE21403-3925-4419-8C17-C5CE31A3D23A (resized).jpeg9AE21403-3925-4419-8C17-C5CE31A3D23A (resized).jpeg
    #1611 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 20: Shocked Or Awed For Pinball Loot Crates?

- Fourth Of July Celebrations & Summer Vacations

- Do Turtles Sleep?

- Code Updates For Stranger Things & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

- Pinball Loot Crates

- Marketing Pinball

- Straight Down The Middle Major Milestone

- Multimorphic P3 New Innovations & New Game Announcement

- Pinball Market Trends

- Deal Of The Week

- NEW SEGMENT: Shock And Awe

- TPN Today

twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-ybhnr-e23439

8B734780-9F17-4FE9-9108-2087D8187D6C (resized).jpeg8B734780-9F17-4FE9-9108-2087D8187D6C (resized).jpeg
    #1619 3 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

What happened to the Monday TPN episode? I was halfway through it yesterday and today when I got in my truck it’s gone??? Don’t know if it’s just me, or zmeny pulled it down for some reason??

Not sure what happened, it still shows up for me. If you allow it to play through on iTunes then it will remove itself from your list unless you scroll to bottom and hit the link to All Episodes.

#1621 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Love your stuff Zach but I’m a bit confused between TPN, flipping out, and straight down the middle. I’m having a hard time following what’s what. Is there a place where all of your content can be found chronologically? Thanks!

Thanks Nicoy3k! All three are separate entities so that's why I keep them separate. It's easiest to find my podcast by subscribing to The Pinball Network on your favorite podcast catcher (i.e Apple Podcasts). SDTM is a YouTube channel for pinball videos so best followed by subscribing to the SDTM channel on YouTube. Flip N Out Pinball has live streams, videos, game purchasing updates, etc. and can best be followed by following Flip N Out Pinball on facebook, twitch (twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball), and YouTube. Hopefully this helps

#1628 3 years ago

NEW! Episode 12. The Pinburgh Challenge.

Who will be the 2020 champ, have their name on the big (virtual) banner, and win a trophy from ULEKstore? Follow along, as Martin Robbins and Jeff Teolis fill the void this weekend.

Hear from these contestants, plus 10 special guests!

Group 1: Corey Hulse, Greg Poverelli, Joe Fox, Robert Byers
    Group 2: Joe Ciaravino, Kevin Chau, Phil Birnbaum, Christopher Franchi
    Group 3: Chad Hobbs, Erik Wurtenburger, Alex Ward, Chris Warren
    Group 4: Colin Dundes, Brian Dye, Elizabeth Cromwell, Petey Hendricks
    Group 5: Shephen Haberman, Matthew Richardson, Lauren Gray, Colin McAlpine
    Group 6: Imoto Harney, Tommy Loranger, Stacey Borg, Karl DeAngelo
    Group 7: Morten Søbyskogen, Joe Schoeber, Gene X Hwang, Bowen Kerins
    Group 8: Scott Larson, Ron Hallett, Joshua Roop, Bruce Nightingale.

Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast

A8C99A91-0E97-4F50-AD6D-0F06201FABA3 (resized).jpegA8C99A91-0E97-4F50-AD6D-0F06201FABA3 (resized).jpeg
    #1630 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 21: When Is Stern's Next Game Being Released & Why Is Zach So Utterly Lonesome?

Host: Zach Meny

- Pinball Browser Is Back!

- Legends Of Valhalla: The Good, The Bad, & The Questionable

- Stern Shipment Updates

- Industry Updates

- Lil' Flipper Destroys Hearts

- Pinball Market Trends

- Deal Of The Week

- Viewer Trends Of The Week

- TPN Today

- Zach is lonely and needs his Den Den back

youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-e5gdg-e2f9b7

26695B58-5427-4A72-9D6A-4C1861B6EBF8 (resized).jpeg26695B58-5427-4A72-9D6A-4C1861B6EBF8 (resized).jpeg
    #1631 3 years ago

Some exciting TPN upgrades coming shortly! Stay Tuned...

#1633 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 6: Getting My Dad To Talk Pinball

On episode 6, Joel talks pinball with his father as they travel to pick up a new pinball machine

Twitch: twitch.tv/justanotherpinball

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-5qt32-e353d7

F5866245-2E6D-4581-9D84-0B9A58AC51D3 (resized).pngF5866245-2E6D-4581-9D84-0B9A58AC51D3 (resized).png
    #1635 3 years ago

Jessy Jay's Pinball Adventures Ep 2: Wu Tang Drescher

Hosts: Jessy Jay & Ryan C

Join Jessy Jay on her knowledge quest from punter to pinhead, all with a little help from Ryan C!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-k2cgn-e35412

B948E068-A430-4C61-8D66-673DF84C7864 (resized).jpegB948E068-A430-4C61-8D66-673DF84C7864 (resized).jpeg
    #1636 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 22: Pinball Market Trends Deals Of The WTF!

- Zach is Heart-less and Dennis is Crazy On You

- New Code for Stranger Things and Jurassic Park

- Marc Silk visits LoserKid and can do a mean Chicken Sinatra

- Will the pinball secondary market become flooded with pinball locations closing?

- Pinball Market Trends

- Shock & Awe: Topper Edition

- Deal Of The...WHAT THE F#&k?!?!

- Grampa Kriesel submits a Viewer Trend

- TPS MVP: Flash Gordon

- Dennis' contagious laugh (always a fan favorite)

- TPN This Week

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-hm2z7-e3d9d9

0950E4F4-1645-495D-A529-FBCA2905603C (resized).jpeg0950E4F4-1645-495D-A529-FBCA2905603C (resized).jpeg
    #1638 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Fun listen. Thx Zach and Den-Den

Thanks for listening!

#1645 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Decided to take a listen to the show again.....looks like I picked the wrong episode for testing the waters. Had to tune out after 4 minutes of a Heart retrospective....mainly because I did not want to hear any singing. Not sure if that happened or not, but was not going to subject myself to that.

Appreciate your feedback, but I gotta be honest, after the first sentence I stopped reading....looks like I picked the wrong comment to read, mainly because I’m not up for people missing out on good pinball infotainment. Not sure what your feedback is, but was not going to subject myself to that

#1661 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 23: 3:10 To Den Den

#instantclassic

- Stern Pinball's George Gomez Visits SAPS

- JJP Reminds Us To Have #patience

- Zach Gets Sauced Over His Premonitions

- Play Oktoberfest Pinball Over The Speed Of Light

- Dennis Goes To The Rodeo

- Getting Head From Deadpool

- Zach Has Mad CAD Design Skills Yo

- Pinball Market Trends

- Deals Of The Week

- Deal Of The WTF

- Kriesel Opens A Can Of Whoop Ass On A Viewer Trend

twitter: @therealTPN

instagram: @thepinballnetwork

#wearetpn

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/the-pinball-show-ep-23-310-to-den-den/

CE9FCE4A-3F08-47D8-B082-D1378853EE14 (resized).jpegCE9FCE4A-3F08-47D8-B082-D1378853EE14 (resized).jpeg
    #1662 3 years ago

Oh and remember to send in your red sauce pics if they happen this week

[email protected]

#1664 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don‘t know what this is about YET, but I have a severe psychological disorder with red sauce, since EACHANDEVERYTIME I wear a white shirt my wife cooks something with tomato sauce.
    This is way worse then 4 flat tires at once!!!

Enjoy...slurp slurp

#1667 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

I was the silent minority. We need more singing and topper talk. It feels good to say this out loud.

We no longer will remain silent. Our group is large. Our group is proud. Our group likes to smile and laugh. Our group embraces beauty and symmetry and design. Our group yearns pinball moments and beautiful accessories and screaming goats!

#1669 3 years ago

NEW! Episode 13: Big Buck Insanity

Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis discuss the following:

- streaming ICR challenges
    - Stern Showdown opinion
    - worst sponsor of the week ever
    - Karl DeAngelo talks about INDISC in 2021, wizard mode hunting and stre aming on iepinball
    - Crap Movie Great Pinball Battle #2
    - higher level trivia?

D1BAA0A2-0F21-4AB0-99AF-AFEE9D7670A8 (resized).jpegD1BAA0A2-0F21-4AB0-99AF-AFEE9D7670A8 (resized).jpeg
    #1671 3 years ago

Episode 6: Steve Richie - The Mullet Years

Visit Our Silverball Swag Store
    https://silverballswag.com/collections/silverball-chronicles

Join David and Ron this week as they ride on a dirt bike made of quarters and fueled with pinball players’ tears with Steve Ritchie. Through this awesome time in pinball, the bestselling designer ever, continued to build his legacy and as you’ll see in this episode, redefined pinball as the industry struggled to survive.

Come listen about Steve’s iconic Williams System 11 and WPC machines. There is high praise for Larry DeMar, the alternate theme for Rollergames, Dave and Ron fan boying about T2 and Star Trek: TNG, and Steve Richie being cooler than Dave.

Sources:
    Pinside at Pinside.com
    Wikipedia. Steve Ritchie. Here
    Internet Pinball Database.
    Steve Ritchie Game List. Here
    Walsh, Matt – IRC Interview. Here
    TopCast Episode 32. Here
    Head 2 Head Pinball Podast. Chris Granner. Ep 71. Here
    Williams Promo Videos
    No Fear
    T2
    Getaway
    Star Trek: TNG
    Steve Ritchie Interviews and Seminars on YouTube. Here
    The Pinball News. Expo 2003: An Interview with Larry DeMar. Here
    Shalhoub, Michael (2004). The Pinball compendium: 1982 to Present. Schiffer Publishing, Lt. Here

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-fsg4s-e5329c

C0DEDB8D-6ED4-4A22-9E06-41A2D1CE53FA (resized).jpegC0DEDB8D-6ED4-4A22-9E06-41A2D1CE53FA (resized).jpeg
    #1673 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 24: Can You Milk A Boy Cow?

- If Dennis Were A Donut...

- Bricking A Rick & Morty Pinball Machine

- Final Round Pinball Podcast Sponsor Appearance

- New Rick & Morty Code

- Stern Black Knight Topper Production Update

- JJP Shipping New Games To Australia

- Dennis' Pachinko Pinball Idea

- Expanding Pinball Exposure Using The Foosball Documentary Model

- Segment: Pimp My Pinball

- Pinball Market Trends

- Milking A Boy Cow

- Deals Of The Week

- Deals Of The...WTF!

- Segment: TPS MVP - High Speed

- TPN Today

- TPN This Week

- My Name Is Alexander Pinballton

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-fn2jj-e57c92

74B71553-67F3-4266-AD6F-B8F0983574E6 (resized).jpeg74B71553-67F3-4266-AD6F-B8F0983574E6 (resized).jpeg
    #1674 3 years ago

Don’t forget to submit a glowing review of The Pinball Show Lets get those Kriesel Lovers To support your boy by giving a 5-Star review

#1676 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh I would for sure...if the whole show was him

Then you'd likely enjoy Eclectic Gamers Podcast with he and Tony. Give it a try.

#1679 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

It was a beautiful day here and I was listening with the top off the Jeep. I had the volume way up to hear it over the road and wind noise. Pulled up to a red light at a busy intersection just a Zach was going into his songs. Got some strange looks during the 'ball sack chorus' but a milf did look over and smile during Hamilton.

0982734D-5F30-4B54-819E-B339C30F6E32 (resized).png0982734D-5F30-4B54-819E-B339C30F6E32 (resized).png
    #1686 3 years ago

Jessy Jay's Pinball Adventures Ep 3: Addams Family Lite ™️

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-swbfq-e5b2b9

4B3B607F-5B7B-4AC7-8D92-0CD164F7F882 (resized).jpeg4B3B607F-5B7B-4AC7-8D92-0CD164F7F882 (resized).jpeg
    #1688 3 years ago

TOP 10 TPN STREAM CLIPS OF JULY 2020! Enjoy...

#1689 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 8: CEX Review & NIB TMNT

twitch: twitch.tv/justanotherpinballstream

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-wi2fr-e650c6

4798B129-8E04-4F03-BC33-09D287139924 (resized).png4798B129-8E04-4F03-BC33-09D287139924 (resized).png
    #1699 3 years ago

NEW FINAL ROUND!

Episode 14: MASKED

Join Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis as they discuss:

- COVID-19 disruption
    - farewell to The Silverball Saloon
    - more tournament cancellations
    - Raymond Davidson crushes Stranger Things
    - Martin's unique head to head challenge
    - The Ultimate Crap Movie Great Pinball final is set
    - sponsor of the week
    - special guest Ryan C. talks as an operator, a podcaster with Jessy Jay, an IFPA state director, and as a father
    - listener email feedback
    - what is the Most Underrated pinball machine

F7B25A96-B381-4B86-B145-62243D8B468B (resized).jpegF7B25A96-B381-4B86-B145-62243D8B468B (resized).jpeg
    #1704 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 25: Soft Reboot, Hard News

***EXPLICIT CONTENT - LISTENER DISCRETION***

- Jersey Jack Pinball's Next Release

- More Batman from Stern Pinball

- Playfield Printing Concerns

- What's Next From Stern

- Ex-Podcaster Is Still Wrong

- The Passing Of A Great Pinball Person

- Deeproot Easter Eggs

- Zoolander Pinball

- Sports Card Collecting

- Pinball Market Trends

- Deal Of The Week

- Deal Of The WTF?!

- Dick Of The Week

- Segment: Dr. John's Pinball Flyer Quiz

twitter: @theREALtpn

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-tg8hi-e7715c

7325E888-B463-41FE-BD7F-6DCD6C7F7D8F (resized).jpeg7325E888-B463-41FE-BD7F-6DCD6C7F7D8F (resized).jpeg
    #1705 3 years ago
    83437766-23EC-4617-B803-40AD83FFA538 (resized).png83437766-23EC-4617-B803-40AD83FFA538 (resized).png
    #1708 3 years ago
    Quoted from kh39540:

zmeny I have all 11 fingers and 10 toes crossed waiting on my Premium... Have you seen any of the premium playfields yet?

Game are shipping now. Haven’t seen any new playfields yet

#1709 3 years ago

Jessy Jay's Pinball Adventures Ep 4: Who Knows What Evil Lurks In The Heart Of Ted

- Jess gets her first machine!
    - Joe Vs Jess
    - Jeff talks Jess to sleep
    - Dr. John's Quiz
    - Pinball and Instagram
    - Shit Themes / Great Pinball

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-2tpnv-e7cc82

jessy jay pinball adventure (resized).JPGjessy jay pinball adventure (resized).JPG
    #1710 3 years ago

NEW STERN PRODUCT: Video Output Adapter

Zach install’s Stern Pinball’s NEW Video Output Adapter to get direct video from newer Stern pinball machines for streaming!

#1712 3 years ago

EARLY RELEASE!
    The Pinball Show Ep 26: Inside Pinball

- Stern Pinball new product offering...coming soon...

- Upsetting an International Pinball Sensation

- Jersey Jack Factory Finds

- Attack From Mars Remake Remake

- Deeproot Launch and Sponsorship

- Pinball Market Trends

- How to holdout for more money in podcasting

- Deals Of The WTF?!

- Segment: A New Pinball Classification System

- Zach has whimsy, Dennis has no heart

- TPN Today

- TPN This Week

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-vffq4-e84644

17314DA9-5934-4D90-9F05-CD4EC559134E (resized).jpeg17314DA9-5934-4D90-9F05-CD4EC559134E (resized).jpeg
    #1716 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hey - that SOB Zach is a genius!
    You're on to something Zach in trying to more precisely identify what it is about a game that draws us in. You're calling it "tone", but I prefer the term "vibe" for the overall feel that a game exudes. As defined by the good folks at Merriam Webster: "distinctive feeling or quality capable of being sensed".
    You're also right about SW Premium/LE - it's a great game and the hyperloop is fabulous!.
    FWIW, you're wrong about The Doors though.

Thanks for backing me up. Vibe works too, but yeah man there’s something there that adds to the accurate representation of why we love games and feel pulled into certain ones.

#1725 3 years ago

Off The Record Pinball Podcast Episode 4

Ball Save Pinball Podcast Pilot Episode: QuarterWorld Arcade

Host: Ryan Cravens

On this pilot episode, Ryan Cravens chats with QuarterWorld Arcade operator Logan Bowden

If you like this new podcast, let us know by email [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-qxjpi-e8b923

447ED03F-C4D7-4017-8D51-9566701DE16B (resized).jpeg447ED03F-C4D7-4017-8D51-9566701DE16B (resized).jpeg
    #1726 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 9: Louder Than Ever

stream: twitch.tv/justanotherpinball

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-qqb2s-e8c599

AF1FBFD5-2338-4669-87A4-031426362CA9 (resized).pngAF1FBFD5-2338-4669-87A4-031426362CA9 (resized).png
    #1730 3 years ago

NEW! Episode 15: High School Pinball with Johannes Ostermeier

- Jeff’s grumpy week
    - Martin goes green
    - Wizard of Oz wizard mode achieved
    - new machines in September
    - Special Guest: current IFPA World Champion and former #1 player in the world, Johannes Ostermeier. He talks about his first look at TMNT, learning new games, skills & strategies, plus pinball in Germany and getting ready for university.
    - sponsor of the week
    - Congo vs The Shadow
    - Facebook postponing The Most Underrated Pinball Machine poll
    - Frankie says

Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork

CF2E7762-67AE-493E-AD4C-3743738A28B4 (resized).jpegCF2E7762-67AE-493E-AD4C-3743738A28B4 (resized).jpeg
    #1735 3 years ago

New Stern Pinball Trailer Reactions & Confirmed Details + Perusing Pinside

#1736 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 10: Jam Packed

Here is a jam-packed episode where we cover my TMNT First Reactions, pinball rumor thoughts, Avengers reactions, Topper Talk, and some other news in pinball. Thanks for listening!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-kc7y6-ea2a15

E3BC62F8-7604-4CA0-95AB-FDFD9BF68C08 (resized).pngE3BC62F8-7604-4CA0-95AB-FDFD9BF68C08 (resized).png
    #1737 3 years ago

Silverball Chronicles Ep 7: Moving Units - Bally's Art Revolution

Hosts: Ron Hallett & David Dennis

David and Ron are here again this month to use an audio medium to talk about visual art… will it work?

Art sells Pinball machines. There was no better team ever in pinball as the Art Team at Bally. From 1975 until Bally was sold to Midway in 1983 an eclectic, creative and dedicated team of artists made some of the best art pinball had ever seen.

Come listen to Ron and Dave chat about Dave Christensen, his strange art choices, why was it so cold at Bally in the 1970s, hear Dave consistently miss pronounce more names, the amazing Paul Faris Bally art team, orbit spinners and Gene Simmons’s package.

Sources:

Pinside at Pinside.com

Wikipedia.

Bally Manufacturing. Here
    Mata Hari. Here
    Evel Knievel. Here
    Tommy. Here

Internet Pinball Database Game Lists.

Paul Faris. Here
    Margaret Hudson. Here
    Kevin O’Conner. Here
    Greg Freres. Here
    Dave Christensen. Here

Pinball Flyers. Here

Space Invaders “Inspiration”. Swiss artist H.R. Giger. Here

TopCast

Dave Christensen. Here
    Margret Hudson. Here
    Paul Faris. Here
    Ward Pemberton. Here
    Tom Nieman. Here

Shalhoub, Michael (2004). The Pinball compendium: 1982 to Present. Schiffer

Publishing, Lt. Here

Robert ‘Buck’ Brown. Playboy Cartoonist Biography. Here

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-tsrvh-ea361d

5FAF788D-8DD4-4234-AAFA-0BDDCA5E09D4 (resized).jpeg5FAF788D-8DD4-4234-AAFA-0BDDCA5E09D4 (resized).jpeg
    #1740 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 28: The Quest For Den Den’ss Infinity Stones (Can A Pinball Ever Be Upside Down?)

- Avengers: Infinity Quest Impressions, Production, Release Schedule, & Accessories

- Stern Banner Giveaway Winners Announced

- Elvira Topping $1000

- "Oh won't you please take me home"

- New deeproot Teasers & Hammer Tested Slogan

- New Spooky Pinball Designer

- Zach Teaches Dennis Physics

- Pinball Market Trends

- Deals Of The Week

- Deals Of The WTF?!

- Zach Argues With A Celebrity

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-sevkh-ea7a5e

421B62B6-6657-4987-A65B-164A626CF8EE (resized).jpeg421B62B6-6657-4987-A65B-164A626CF8EE (resized).jpeg

#1745 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Good to hear from all of the correspondents for the first time in awhile.
    So what's the deal with beeping out Den Den's f bombs but keeping yours uncensored?
    Not complaining....just curious.

We’ve never discussed it so out of respect I beep it

#1748 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Ep 10: A New In Box Journey - What To Buy PART 2

Host: Craig "Shake N Bake" Bobbie

TPN Craig Bobbie continues his quest for his first new in box pinball machine. He plays Stern Pinball's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and gives his first impressions. Is it enough or are his pinballs tickled by Stern's newest release? You'll just have to listen...and...see? hear?

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-z2ani-eae5ec

TPN Sm Font (resized).pngTPN Sm Font (resized).png
    #1749 3 years ago

NEW! Episode 16: Raydio Gaga

Hosts: Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis

Special Guest: #1 World Ranked Pinball Player & Pinball Developer Raymond Davidson

- Final Round, the media darlings
    - Jeff's new hobby?
    - Special Guest: Raymond Davidson talks about Avengers, coding, and playing strategies
    - Did Stern lie to us???
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Avengers reactions
    - Bring on Harry Potter
    - The status of pinball shows & festivals
    - More to come in September

final round 16 thumbnail (resized).jpgfinal round 16 thumbnail (resized).jpg
    #1753 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 29: The Great Fan Layout Debate

- Stern Avengers: Infinity Quest Gameplay & Rules Reactions

- Zach & Dennis Debate/Argue About Whether Avengers Is A Fan Layout (IT IS!)

- Streaming Pinball Reveals

- Avengers Topper Update

- Elvira Topper News

- deeproot Pinball Walks On Water

- The Chicken Or The Egg: deeproot & Jersey Jack

- Chicago Pinball Expo Cancellation

- Segment: TPN's Dr. John Interviews Spooky Pinball Designer David Van Es

- Pinball Market Trends

- Deals Of The Week

- Rock Stars Of The Week

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-bzzt5-eb743f

1E215A80-20B2-4B8D-942B-4E9340A9EADF (resized).jpeg1E215A80-20B2-4B8D-942B-4E9340A9EADF (resized).jpeg
    #1755 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Had to shut this one off 22 minutes in. Garbage like this is why you don’t win twipy’s.

Listening back at minute 22 I’m assuming you didn’t like that Dennis and myself disagreed on something? We aren’t aiming to win the TWIPYs so we are fine with that. Any constructive criticism you have that may help future episodes?

#1757 3 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

I'm with Dennis. It's not a fan layout, Zach.
    "A fan layout is a game with only 2 flippers and goals laid out in an arc at the top of the table. While every pinball game by its nature has a basic fan layout. Many break the pattern by including secondary sets of flippers to break up the shot mix."
    AIQ has a third flipper and not all the shots are accessible from the lower flippers, therefore AIQ is not a fan layout.
    Travis Murie (Marv Loco) made some very valid points regarding the reveal streams. I hadn't given it much thought until hearing his comments, but I do agree that there should be a higher level of professionalism versus the normal casual streams. I hope ALL of the manufacturers check out what he had to say.

Appreciate the discussion man. However.... , your distinction above states that not all shots can be made by lower two flippers thus its not a fan layout. Tell me, which shot(s) is not accessible by the lower flippers?

#1770 3 years ago

I agree that Avengers is not a fan layout, BUT only due to one shot (the inner loop). Not based on how many flippers are in a game and not based on how far back the shots are on the playfield. My push during The Great Fan Layout Debate was one to consider other ideas instead of regurgitating terms based on history because “that’s the way it is”. Growth is found through testing over time what is considered common knowledge. I always appreciate Dennis’ knowledge and patience hahaha but also feel that people are quick to be sheepish without thinking for themselves. Just because something is always done a certain way doesn’t make it the right way.

#1776 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Truer words have never been spoken. Just doesn’t apply here.

Still waiting on a definition that makes actual sense besides “that’s the way it’s always been described”. Based on the TPN Discord, sounds like the term isn’t agreed upon by anyone

#1779 3 years ago

Limited a fan layout to only two flippers as criteria is already nonsense

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fan layout:
    Generally a layout with only two flippers, where all shots from those flippers form a fan pattern across the playfield, resulting mostly returning the ball to the flippers via a ramp inlane return or an orbit return (Medeveal Madness, Attack From Mars, and Monster Bash are classic examples of a fan layout).
    Some games with more than two flippers may still be considered a fan layout, or “fan-nish”. These games include, but are not limited to, No Fear, The Hobbit, and Starship Troopers.
    Furthermore, some games that have only two flippers can be considered a non-fan layout by putting the ball on a path that is not consistent with traditional fan layouts. These games include, but are not limited to, Deadpool and Original Avengers.
    How’s that?

That’s more like it! Nicely done

#1780 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Limiting a fan layout to only two flippers as criteria is already nonsense

That’s more like it! Nicely done Chuck Wurt!

#1784 3 years ago

Jessy Jay's Pinball Adventures Ep 6: Bachelors of Mutha Flippin Pinball

Hosts: THE Jessy Jay & Sidepiece Ryan C

- Jessy becomes the GC

- Ryan's big secret

- Pinjuries and tinnies

- BOMP Part 1

- Shitty themes which may actually be good

- Gladiator vs Groundhog Day

- Jessy has pointy knees

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-26dm9-eba2fe

7F8EC572-F46C-4544-A626-3F2E76A52C97 (resized).jpeg7F8EC572-F46C-4544-A626-3F2E76A52C97 (resized).jpeg
    #1789 3 years ago

Top 3 With Orby: Young Gun Designers

Orbital Albert discusses his top 3 young gun pinball designers.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-rzrij-ebc47b

41B84058-D8E5-496C-BA70-45631B08D9BA (resized).jpeg41B84058-D8E5-496C-BA70-45631B08D9BA (resized).jpeg
    #1792 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 11: Stop & Wow Me

Episode 11 - Where we discuss Pinball difficulty, a new rating system, more Avengers thoughts, TMNT 1987 custom code, Pinball Moments (tm), deeproot, and more!

twitch: twitch.tv/justanotherpinball

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-7byzg-ebc675

544106CB-3BD8-464F-AB29-E3A1AAE1BB8D (resized).png544106CB-3BD8-464F-AB29-E3A1AAE1BB8D (resized).png
    #1794 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Weekend Ep 11: A New In Box Journey - What To Buy? Part 3 Final

TPN's Craig "We Shall Wait And See" Bobbie concludes his after-school special about buying his first new in box pinball machine. But which title did he pick?!?!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-2w6qa-ec37fd

4CAFE144-7EEC-4607-A3C5-A6B00FE80337 (resized).jpeg4CAFE144-7EEC-4607-A3C5-A6B00FE80337 (resized).jpeg
    #1795 3 years ago

Off The Record Pinball Podcast Ep 5: Ball Save Pinball Podcast: Rachel Bess

Host: Ryan Cravens

Guest: Rachel Bess

If you are enjoying Ball Save Pinball Podcast, please email us and let us know!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-uin34-ec5ac7

310861B5-BE44-4FC9-BB86-4387D192F76F (resized).jpeg310861B5-BE44-4FC9-BB86-4387D192F76F (resized).jpeg
    #1800 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 30: ♫ Waiting For A Game To Drop ♫

- The Great Fan Layout Defeat

- It's Chili Season! A Beginners Guide To Properly Classifying A Soup

- Keith Elwin Talks Avengers: Infinity Quest

- Zach's First Impressions After Unboxing AIQ Pro

- deeproot Pinball's Big Day

- JJP Game #6 In Month #10

- Pinball Market Trends ™

- Deals Of The Week

- Deals Of The WTF?!

- Zach Serenades Dennis. Dennis Makes Zach Laugh. Zach And Dennis Are Friends.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-be4tj-ec6c37

1B8B54C3-B8FC-4B2B-9257-BC43DAA7B24F (resized).jpeg1B8B54C3-B8FC-4B2B-9257-BC43DAA7B24F (resized).jpeg
    #1803 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 12: Deep Into deeproot

In this episode, Joel gives a brief deeproot history, talks about the reveal on 9.21.20 and the followup This Week In Pinball article on 9.22.20 

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-wbegr-eccf1c

68BCA90B-F8BD-48E1-9831-E77D00479B44 (resized).png68BCA90B-F8BD-48E1-9831-E77D00479B44 (resized).png
    #1804 3 years ago

WARNING: Adult Language - Viewer Discretion Advised

TPN’s Zach spoke with deeproot Correspondent & VIP Media, Chris Chandler, about his experiences touring the deeproot facilities.

HUGE credit given to Chandler on this broadcast. Zach didn’t take it easy on him and asked the questions that needed to be asked. Chandler was not fazed and proved why he’s one of the best that TPN has to offer.

Thanks for representing The Pinball Network at the deeproot media event last week.

#1805 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Ep 12: deeproot, Lil Flipper, Avengers, Etc.

- Recent deeproot launch
    - Lil Flipper gives her two cents on the Avengers
    - Craig tries to find a spot in the home for a pinball machine

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-gz9wx-ed19e8

B5DC25BB-3BE5-4C3E-B862-111F0AF8D0D5 (resized).jpegB5DC25BB-3BE5-4C3E-B862-111F0AF8D0D5 (resized).jpeg
    #1810 3 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 17: Delayed

Hosts: Jeff Toolis & Martin Robbins

Special Guest: Travis Murie

- Take 2

- Special Guest Travis Murie talks about the impact of deeproot today and in the future

- Sponsor Of The Week

- Mods for Martin and Jeff

- Stupid Golf

- Final Round: The Pinball Media Darlings

- Upcoming video???

Instagram: @finalroundpinballpodcast

final round 17 (resized).jpgfinal round 17 (resized).jpg
    #1814 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 13: Hot Takes On deeproot With My Brother

Special Guest: Jared Engelberth

Episode begins with a quick Q&A on Jared's view of pinball and the hobby. At 37:40 we start to look at and discuss deepmroot's tech from the eyes of a pinball novice. Enjoy!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-mpz8w-ed42ba

26063987-BD1D-467E-92D0-3AE23BC13B2E (resized).png26063987-BD1D-467E-92D0-3AE23BC13B2E (resized).png
    #1815 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 31: Hey You Guys! WIN A FREE Avengers Banner By Taking Off Your Shoes & Tasting The Rainbow

- WIN A FREE STERN AVENGERS BANNER!

- Industry Updates & Sabotaging The TPN Correspondent Segment

- Stern Avengers LEs Shipping

- Stern TMNT Heads Up Invitational

- More JP Toppers Shipping

- deeproot Details & Discussion

- deeproot Correspondent/VIP Media Chris Chandler Interview Recap

- The Goonies Theme Is A Game Changer

- Punny Update

- Ranger In The Ruins First Impressions

- Dennis Threatens To Walk Out

- Pinball Market Trends ™

- Deals Of The Week ™

- Deals Of The WTF?! ™

- The Return Of Mr. Hanky

- Do You Take Off Your Shoes When Entering A Home?

- Den Den Tastes The Rainbow In True, Weird-Ass, Kriesel Fashion

youtube: toutube.com/thepinballnetwork

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-uqu3f-ed6625

CFF354EC-1B49-47A2-A801-BB3D8F9221A4 (resized).jpegCFF354EC-1B49-47A2-A801-BB3D8F9221A4 (resized).jpeg
    #1818 3 years ago

Jessy Jay's Pinball Adventures Episode 7: Where's The Pinbar?

- A very slow week in pinball
    - Playing in the Dirty Dungeon
    - Jessy, RayDay and Weird Al: A Love Story
    - BOMP: Volume 2
    - Ryan fails the code name quiz
    - Shit Themes - Office Space vs David Attenborough
    - Songs that make you play better
    - Ninja Sex Party with Jessy
    - But seriously, where's the pinbar?
    - Rule 34 of the internet

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-p3sfj-edac6f

jessy jay pinball adventure (resized).JPGjessy jay pinball adventure (resized).JPG
    #1819 3 years ago

JJP has an exciting reveal this coming Monday. Well, we at TPN have a little reveal of our own. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome back the incredible, lovable, gasp...able Puppet Palz!!!

The Puppet Palz Episode 2: Pinball Horror Stories

Hosts: Steve, Moppy, & Roary

- New Puppet Pal Roary Joins The Program
    - The Sophomore Episode
    - Ode To JJP
    - Steve's First Pinball Tournament
    - Steve Receives A Mysterious Big Package
    - Zaccario Laments

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-8vzq2-edf629

31E0A893-8B5A-453C-9AA6-A48CADC9DA23 (resized).jpeg31E0A893-8B5A-453C-9AA6-A48CADC9DA23 (resized).jpeg
    #1822 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What’s better than episode #1 of puppet pals? Well .... episode 2. Top notch writing, performing and life lessons. Frickin hilarious.
    Zaccario the singing mailman with his operatic delivery, joined by a chanting tenor brought tears of joy down my face.
    Moppy’s best lines were at 1:24 mark singing,”suck on my d*@k”. Also 12:24, “I’m going to cut your little nutz off”! . Maybe this tuff talking muppet is already a made puppet. My hope that he develop into a deranged, threatening, egomaniacal streetwise-thug might come true yet.

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. I’ve only listened to the episode about 10 times.

#1824 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

When my wife hears me listening to:
    The Pinball Show = audible 'nerd'
    Macho Pinball = heavy sigh, eye roll
    The Puppet Palz = I only listen to this entertaining comedic genius in the dark corner of my gameroom. I think she may pack a bag if she catches me listening.

Hahahahaha

#1827 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Episode 13: GNR Impressions w/ Ken Rudberg

Cohost: Ken Rudberg

Craig Bobbie and Ken Rudberg give their impressions of Jersey Jack Pinball's newest game release: Guns N Roses: Not In This Lifetime

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-rrxpe-eed4bd

AF9A2A89-E4A8-4A9E-B1D3-09C3E6DB4D15 (resized).jpegAF9A2A89-E4A8-4A9E-B1D3-09C3E6DB4D15 (resized).jpeg

#1828 3 years ago

Silverball Stories HorrorFest: Texas Tales

Host: Joshuah Jacobs

Silverball Stories is gearing up for Halloween this month. Different original horror stories will be featured every week this month. Why not kick off the first special with a frightening deal too good to be true and meeting one of your pinball podcast fans.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-6hgqs-eee6a6

861B0CB2-4BEF-4461-ACB3-3F0DF3FCA00F (resized).jpeg861B0CB2-4BEF-4461-ACB3-3F0DF3FCA00F (resized).jpeg
    #1834 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

I agree, that show sucks man. But, on the brightside at least he's dead, killed by Leatherface. Shame about Dennis though.

Hahaha

#1835 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 33: They Call Me Mr. Zach Shivers

- A Happy Kriesel Birthday
    - No Guest For YOU!
    - Stern Banner Giveaway
    - Buffalo Pinball Streams Guns N Roses (GNR) LE
    - 3 Up, 3 Down
    - GNR Layout Debate
    - GNR Ordering Debacle
    - Elvira Topper Released
    - Heavy Metal Letdown
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Viewer Trend
    - Deals Of The Week

review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-uaqht-ef1664

EF82B4A0-8957-4E87-8FC9-DFDF6DDC9A40 (resized).jpegEF82B4A0-8957-4E87-8FC9-DFDF6DDC9A40 (resized).jpeg
    #1847 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Ep 14: GNR After Party + Other Ramblings

Craig spouts off about Jersey Jack Pinball's Guns N Roses now that the community has had a week to digest. Other topics covered include Stern's upcoming release rumors and the price tag on Elvira's topper.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-vcg76-ef6b86

2F24A904-B665-41FB-97BB-4742FD8BAE98 (resized).jpeg2F24A904-B665-41FB-97BB-4742FD8BAE98 (resized).jpeg
    #1848 3 years ago

Jessy Jay's Pinball Adventures Ep 8: Romania Vs. Tim Sexton

- The Jessy Jay & Roger Sharpe Flipper Fitness Collaboration

- Ryan's Educational Series: Flipper Hop

- Tim Sexton sets the record straight

- Hold the phone: A new BOMP on the scene!

- Ryan Defeats Jessy (again!)

- Shit Theme - Scrubs vs Jersey Shore

- Rule 34 Of Pinball Themes: Hercules Edition

- Jessy's current WTB

- JJP Guns N Roses

- Ryan 4 Eric Meunier

- Virtual Battle of the Belles

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-rmx87-ef6bc3

59C9F495-CB20-47DB-80F8-D122F11F8D3E (resized).jpeg59C9F495-CB20-47DB-80F8-D122F11F8D3E (resized).jpeg
    #1850 3 years ago

Episode 8: Moving Units Part 2 – The Class of 1981

David and Ron are going to finish what they started last month. As mentioned in the previous podcast, from 1975 to 1980 Bally were breaking sales records. It seemed that Paul Faris’s art team could do no wrong but by 1981 the gaming industry’s footing was feeling shaky.

In an effort to hold ground and boost sales Bally push out some of their most creative works ever. The Class of 1981 was, and still is, the pinnacle of pinball art.

Join us as we talk about Xenon’s tube shot and sound package, polaroid pictures, Kevin O’Connor’s jeep, Claude Fernandez stealing design ideas from Steve Ritchie, Margaret Hudson being a trail blazer for woman in pinball, annoying in lane/out lane designs and the peak of Bally’s stunning art design. Also, did you know Kevin O’Conner had a jeep?

Sources: (see episode details at thepinballnetwork.net)

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-rtcbw-ef7bf4

5A8ED445-07F0-47A5-87F3-3AC4100D1159 (resized).jpeg5A8ED445-07F0-47A5-87F3-3AC4100D1159 (resized).jpeg
    #1851 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Zach, as a true pinball player, Dennis nailed your hide on GNR assessment. BTW, are you still a Stern Distributor or did you go exclusively to JJP? (Sounded like it from the way you talked on episode 33.)
    Dennis is definitely the more pinball savy guru in pinball than your ideas of what makes pinball. If we are talking about pinball execution and flow, with all the geometry needed to make a great pinball machine, Dennis’s assessment on GNR is right on the money. Your retorts don’t hold water and all you could say to counter Dennis is he hasn’t played it yet??? Tisk tisk... In addition, you showed almost no class in putting down each good point Dennis was making, with your inserted, “wrong” audio clip. Grow up my friend, Dennis far out classes you in a debate about pinball, with his superior knowledge and understanding.
    No one has to play a game to discover from a stream or viewing the layout, whether it works as a good pinball machine or not. Can see straight away from just looking at Houdini’s layout for example, that the shots are really tight and the geometry is not so good.
    I trust Dennis to give a fair and objective review. You on the other hand, with your bias sales/shill glasses constantly on, not so much. What Dennis and other top pinball players have had to say about GNR not being a very good playing game or being very multiball heavy makes sense. But do not argue that GNR has plenty of theme assets. If all it takes to make you happy in a $12.5k purchase is plenty of lights, with some concert footage on the back box, along with a ball lock or two, you’re pretty easy to please. But a really good playing pinball machine???? Agree with Dennis on that one: GNR doesn’t appear to be a fun shooter when it comes to real pinball game flow combos, with real objectives to be accomplished, besides just getting a song to play, with multiball after multiball to keep the song going over and over again. Looks monotonous just like the stream we saw from Buffalo Pinball, like chopping wood. Although Kevin did a good job with what he had.
    I do appreciate your effort in pinball media although. Maybe just turn down the GNR hype train a bit, as you’re beginning to sound a lot like Kaneda. Dennis is the only reason your show stays somewhat credible. Nate Shivers you’ll never be, lol.

This is greatness hehehehe thank you for sharing. I can’t sell pinball machines Down Under so you’re safe from my insatiable desire to sell you GNR hehehe. And when using the term Shill Shades, please properly add the tm trademark stamp.

#1858 3 years ago

Man that was a damn well done Silverball Stories

#1861 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 34: Is Harry Potter Pinball Really Happening? They Call Him Mr. Hermione Kriesel

- Avengers Banner Winner!
    - Chicago Pinball Virtual Expo 2020 & Updates For 2021
    - Harry Potter Pinball?!
    - NEW Elvira Code
    - NEW Stranger Things Code
    - JJP Podcast Interviews GNR's Slash
    - NEW Haggis Pinball Updates
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Deal Of The Week
    - Deals Of The WTF?!
    - Coming TPN Attractions
    - TPN Today
    - Pinball Trumpy Chimes in

review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-wdt68-efb2fc

70EC6934-E596-414C-AE3D-96F620A03608 (resized).jpeg70EC6934-E596-414C-AE3D-96F620A03608 (resized).jpeg
    #1863 3 years ago

The Plumb Ep 5: Interview w/ Stern Pinball's Mike Vinikour

Host: Krystle Gemnich
    Special Guest: Mike Vinikour

- Mike and the field test program
    - Getting the job at Bally/Midway
    - Punk Rock and his LP collection
    - Mike's pinball collection
    - The art of collecting LP's and going to record stores at shows
    - Working from home; challenges and adapting
    - Mike's input/roles at Stern
    - Working the show circuit and doing seminars
    - More Midway talk; MK, NBA Jam & Arcade stuff
    - Owning games
    - Expo and the future of shows
    - Fangirlling over George Gomez (Mostly on my end)
    - Hobbies as jobs and jobs as hobbies
    - Growth in the hobby through COVID
    - More show talks
    - Swearing while playing pinball

Links:
    - The Punk Vault (MXV's instagram):
    https://www.instagram.com/thepunkvault/
    - Xover Episode w/Lauren: Gray:
    https://www.backboxpinballpodcast.com/deeproot

- The Plumb (insta): https://www.instagram.com/theplumbpinball/
    - The Plumb (twitter): https://twitter.com/plumb_the
    - Email me!: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-3grmu-efe42b

31EAD85C-CF82-4191-8085-1A2EA1213F51 (resized).jpeg31EAD85C-CF82-4191-8085-1A2EA1213F51 (resized).jpeg
    #1865 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 14: Back By Popular Demand

Guest: Nicole Engelberth

In Episode 14 I convinced my wife Nicole to join me in discussing her opinions on both deeproot's and Jersey Jack Pinball's latest reveals...she loved every minute of it.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-vki6s-efe448

1C1EE914-DC7D-46BC-A7CF-781BD23EDB56 (resized).png1C1EE914-DC7D-46BC-A7CF-781BD23EDB56 (resized).png
    1,026 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ZMeny. You are on page 1 of 5.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZMeny.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=ZMeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.