(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,832 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by jonnyqtrek
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2246 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 3: John Rotharmel, Director Of Mechanical Engineering for Stern Pinball
    Host: Matt Morrison
    Special Guest: John Rotharmel, Director Of Mechanical Engineering, Stern Pinball

This was one of the coolest interviews! John is so laid back, humble and must have a lot more secrets to tell someday. great job Matt.

#2248 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Some thoughts about the... 'interview'. Much respect for Delt31 for going on and outlining his issues. I don't know why he has issues with something 'outside his real life'. Anywho, he made a few assumptions to support his narrative so, and since I'm sure others share these thoughts, I figured I'd publicly add some to the facts that ZMeny mentioned...
    - I generally talk to Zach daily and would consider him one of those... Internet best friends?
    FnO Shills
    - I don't promote Flip N Out on Silverball Chronicles nor have I EVER been asked directly, or indirectly to do so by Zach.
    - When creating Silverball Chronicles I only ever negotiated with Dennis and had zero dealings with Zach on bringing Chronicles to TPN.
    - Zach promotes Flip N Out Pinball on his podcast, I promote my business...
    - I promote TWIP every month on my TPN Podcast and will continue to do so. I have had ZERO conversations around this with Zach. My assumption is, he doesn't care...
    TPN
    - My understanding has been that TPN was never, 'Zach's Network'. It was Zach, Dennis, Jason, Greg and Ken's. Now it's Zach and Dennis' with a committee who make all the decisions. Myself, George, Dennis, Zach, Joshua, Kevin and Lindsay are 'the committee.'
    - I wasn't involved in the TPN Launch but my understanding from looking from the outside was the only issue was the first promo video had only white men, and influential people jumped on that and created the narrative that everyone involved sexist and racist... The discussion and trolling which followed caused some TPN people to say 'screw it' and leave their stake in the network. Folwer was so mad he sold off the majority of his collection basically quitting the hobby.
    - The committee has shot down a few dumb ideas Zach has had. Zach has also had some great ideas. He's firm but fair when we debate but he doesn't steam roll us. The committee has also shot down idea's I've had of which I'm still bitter...
    - When the committee has an issue which causes conflict, we often wimp out and ask Zach to handle if for us. Some of us don't want to be the 'bad guy'. It isn't fair to Zach, but its draining dealing with silly 'real life like' BS when this is supposed to be my fun hobby...
    - Don't Panic Flip generally makes the majority of decisions when it comes to the streaming part of TPN.
    - Zach has never once mentioned podcast numbers for TPS in our TPN Chat or to me privately. I've had to ask how many views Chronicles gets... my assumption is he doesn't want competition amongst us TPN Podcasters for numbers. He wants us to focus on making the content we want make and enjoy vs. outrageous content for clicks.
    - I don't listen to Kaneda, I only hear what he says from others or in TWIP.
    - Most of the Podcasts come from people reaching out to us via email and do an 'Off the Record' pilot, then the committee making a judgement based on the public feedback.
    The PIAS
    - Zach isn't the only person to think of a second award show. I thought a 'critics choice' award show would fit in well with pinball and give a different perspective, in addition to the TWIPYs. So, because I was a nobody with 2 podcast episodes, I reached out to Zach in April of 2020 about starting a critics awards show. Basically, I thought I needed to hitch my wagon to a bigger horse. Zach let me know he and Dennis were working on an idea already and would ask for input if they needed it. Wait, now I think he blew me off actually...
    - I'm not saying the PIAs were my 'idea' but I approached Zach before he even approached me. I joined the PIAs in Nov 2020 when Dennis mentioned the project was going forward and they needed to figure out if it was actually going to work since we had 2 months to pull it off.
    - I literally wrote all the Pinball Industry Awards criteria, website, market materials, ballot applications, ballots etc... with ZERO input from Zach. He approved zero, and only saw the materials once they were online. The same time the public saw it.
    - The idea for PIAs Excellence Awards was Zach and Dennis. This format and execution was all mine. It could/should have been better but I ignored most of Zach's input which may have made things easier for me... Live and learn... This year will be better.
    - I planned on opening the Pinball Industry Awards Pinside thread but because my day was very busy at work and I asked Zach to open the thread instead. He got crap for that.
    - Zach gave me a Batman 66 Stern banner, which I didn't ask for, just to say thanks for the work. Like, it randomly showed up in the mail at my office because he knew I loved Franchi's art work and OG Batman.
    - What ever issues Jeff Patterson and Zach have is their business. I haven't ask nor do I care. I like Jeff and what he does. I support TWIP monthly and use Silverball Swag as my merch provider. Also, check out https://silverballswag.com/collections/silverball-chronicles and grab a shirt.
    In closing, I really like being part of TPN but the BS narratives like the baseless comments some people have is really draining. I shouldn't have to make a post like this guys... It takes all the fun out of it. That being said, my ego gets a good pump up from doing this, so I guess I'll sick around
    This isn't just a pinball phenomenon, its a human's learning to use the internet thing. Like the creation of the printing press before it. You know there is a reason people are scared about creating content, you put yourself out there and crazies personally critic you based on zero actual knowledge. Zach obviously doesn't like failure and refuses to give up. Good on him, I'm proud of him and he's a friend.
    Cheers,
    Dave

There's got to be 4x more podcast content now than there was 2 years ago. Lots of great new podcasters, but SC is what I look forward to the most.
    And though I do listen to Kenada from time to time, the TPN crew is just killin it...even for 5 months when there hasn't been any new releases.
    Keep up the good work, all of you, and thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=StoneyCreek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.