(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoMC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#483 4 years ago

In the middle of listening to that podcast going thru Steve Ritchie's pinball history. Have about 30 minutes left and it sure helped pass the time waiting in the car shop. I think I'd enjoy more of these podcasts reviewing pinball history, etc.

I listened to most of the Pinball Show episode and I enjoyed the thoughts and opinions of that guy Dennis. Well done.

#509 4 years ago

Was listening to the Pinball Show mid week update episode (last Thurs) on the train this morning.

Constructive criticism for Zach - pick a voice and stick with it for an entire episode. Every other minute you're switching voices to make lame jokes. Are those voices supposed to be imitations I should recognize? Not getting it. It is very distracting to listen to because:

1) Interrupting the co-host(s) with a lame joke, spoken in an odd high pitched voice, forces the co-host to stop their train of thought and provide you with a courtesy chuckle. In pinball terms, your jokes and odd voices break the flow and make the podcast stop and go.

2) Switching over to those high pitched ,whiny voices is incredibly annoying when listening with headphones. I was often lowering my volume because everything was fine, but then Zach is blowing out my eardrums. Raise it back up to hear normally, then back down, rinse and repeat. Was trying to sit and relax with my eyes closed and kept needing to adjust my headphones volume.

3) Too many non-sequiturs, see #1 above.

#574 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wonder if she will be all butthurt and crying about the monkey on the back glass of Oktoberfest like she used to?

Tune in and find out.

#575 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wonder if she will still be all butthurt and crying about the monkey on the back glass of Oktoberfest like she used to?

Let us know if you do listen and that's the topic. I'll tune in and listen to a butthurt woman crying about a molesting monkey.

#643 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This Delt shit is getting a tinge weird

#680 4 years ago

Good episode and I'll be a weekly listener if episode 3 stays consistent like this one was. Nice job.

#773 4 years ago

I listened to the Final Round Ep 2 this morning while working and found it to be well produced and edited. I don't play in any pinball events (too much waiting around) but I still was interested in the info and well done interviews. I learned a few things, so there's that too.

#827 4 years ago

That is most definitely NOT a stromboli. It's s sub/hoagie.

#851 4 years ago

Listening right now and at the 15 min mark. This episode is very low energy, don't think I'll finish listening since I have a few Howard Stern shows to catch up on.

1 week later
    #922 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Bunch of motivated guys started a pinball network to put out content out in the wild every day and got so much shit for it on pinside, that they seemingly have stopped.
    Meanwhile in Kanedaland he just threw every last bit of decency out of the window and startet a series of manufacturer based shit shows.

I thought the last two episodes were really interesting. Looking forward to the next company on the list.

#925 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly that was made up drama out of his butthole, for the sake of... well stinky made up drama, because there's nothing elso to talk about.
    Yes, of course JJP has investors and of course they have a lot to say, but from that to kinda "Jack lost everything and they stole his company" is more then far fetched. Many things stated are just blatant lies or disinformed: WoZ was never Jacks dream theme, he just happened to have the license because he did a coin pusher or something with it.
    (Back in "Realworldland" JPP of course made a lot of not so good decisions but there's a reason why the next game hasn't allready been announced and that is that Wonka is not doing too shabby. So they finally seem to get on track.)
    Same goes for that AP episode where he dug out every piece of shit he could find and jump to non-sensical conlcusions.

Interesting is interesting.

#953 4 years ago

I don’t mind the market trends segment. But God damn turn the volume down on that Buy buy buy audio clip. Holy shit is that annoying when listening to the podcast with headphones on.

The segment with the reports on the different manufacturers has gotten better with regards to the very low audio level but still the audio level could be consistent with the podcast audio. A couple of those guys could maybe drink a cup of coffee before recording the report so they have a little bit more energy. Whoever the third guy was on this podcast episode report has it right. Someone on that Wednesday midweek show sounded like he was whispering telling me a secret.

1 month later
    #1046 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Silverball Chronicles Episode 3: Zombie Pinball - The Gottlieb System 3 Era

Interesting episode and a good listen. Have to admit I'm disappointed "Big Hurt" was glossed over and not given a few minutes. Has to be the best and most loaded Gottlieb and got nothing.

3 weeks later
    #1084 3 years ago

I made the mistake of getting on the tractor to mow without a backup listening plan and fucking got stuck listening to that entire game segment. Maybe next time the hosts wanna go into a game segment blind, they have a 3rd party listen and vet it? Or in the future, keep all game segments to their own gaming podcast?

#1090 3 years ago

Thumbs up for a podcast I can listen to without adjusting the volume 10x because someone suddenly decides to scream or sing. I appreciate your proper modulation.

1 week later
    #1124 3 years ago

WTF is with the SCREAMING in my ears? Do you not understand that some people are listening with headphone/ear buds? Fucking knock off the screaming and yelling. Pretty sure I'm done listening to The Pinball Show now because this. Tried to give it a shot, listened to most of each episode so far, but I have to draw the line somewhere. Why would I continue to listen to an asshole podcast host who purposely screams in the ears of listeners. Fucking childish shit, man.

Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 16: Pinball Mutant Ninja Podcasters: Craigonardo, Jonatello, Menyangelo, and Kriesael
    Hosts: Dennis Kriesel, Craig Bobbie, & Zach Meny
    Guest: Jon Ehrlich from JackBar
    - Stern Pinball Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles First Impressions
    - Pinball Industry News & Updates
    - Clarification of comments made on The Pinball Show Episode 15
    - Discussion with Jon Ehrlich from JackBar
    - Pinball Market Trends with Craig Bobbie
    - Viewer Trends
    - Canada: A Lifestyle Brand
    email: [email protected]
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nrwc6-de63ff
    [quoted image]

#1132 3 years ago

There was intentional screaming around the 61 minute mark. It was not excitement or squealing with delight over Stranger Things, it was intentional. Anyone screams in my ear, I don't care if I know them or not, that's an asshole move.

It's fine because I won't have to hear it anymore. But if anyone who listens to the next episode wants to let us know if it's scream-free, then maybe I'll take a listen.

#1159 3 years ago

Any over the top screaming and yelling in this episode?

#1247 3 years ago

Y'all are fucking weird.

#1324 3 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

While I was not involved in all the conversations Zach had with the American Pinball team, from my perspective, and what I know, what Zach has said is not a totally accurate account of what happened, and as everyone knows there is always more than one side to the story. I'm not going to try address this here, but as I told Zach, I'm happy to come on a podcast to talk about Hot Wheels, and when that happens, I would certainly be open to talk about the rollout.

Give Kaneda’s podcast the scoop.

#1353 3 years ago

With all this drama, you'd think I'd be interested in listening to each weekly podcast.

#1461 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I tried listening to Puppet Palz...I really tried.

You're more man than me. I ain't even gonna try because of two key words I've seen: puppets and showtunes

1 month later
    #1643 3 years ago

Decided to take a listen to the show again.....looks like I picked the wrong episode for testing the waters. Had to tune out after 4 minutes of a Heart retrospective....mainly because I did not want to hear any singing. Not sure if that happened or not, but was not going to subject myself to that.

#1647 3 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

The dude gave you 3 sentences of feedback. You write a post longer than his original comment to say you only read the first sentence to tell us that based on the first sentence you don't feel the other two are worth your time?!?!

He was being facetious. It was a funny reply to mine.

#1657 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Please, take all the time you need! I just wanted to publicly show appreciation for the Chronicles, and therefore somehow manipulate you guys to keep on producing class A content.

Def my favorite podcast, pinball or otherwise.

1 week later
    #1677 3 years ago

I have a 6 hour drive tomorrow and need to finish that Steve Ritchie podcast. It's been a fun listen - listened to the first hour on the tractor and it helps the time go by. I'll try the latest pinball show episode in the truck because at least I have the 30 second skip button available. Can't do that when on the tractor since the phone is in my pocket.

#1680 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I have a 6 hour drive tomorrow and need to finish that Steve Ritchie podcast. It's been a fun listen - listened to the first hour on the tractor and it helps the time go by. I'll try the latest pinball show episode in the truck because at least I have the 30 second skip button available. Can't do that when on the tractor since the phone is in my pocket.

Excellent Steve Ritchie episode and wished I had another episode available this morning during the drive. Regarding the Steve Ritchie cannons on his game, I had a 1971 Hi-Score Pool pinball machine that used a "cannon" as the ball launcher. The motor swiveled the launcher back and forth between the flippers and you'd launch the ball trying to hit the pool ball targets. Maybe the earliest cannon in pinball? Maybe not, I'm not well versed on games that old, but found it interesting to recall when the topic came up.

Tried listening to the Pinball Show episode after that, but gave up after I pressed "30 second skip" many times all the way to the 15 minute mark. Seriously, 15 minutes into a show titled "The Pinball Show" without any on-topic discussion? Maybe get right to pinball talk and save off-topic discussion for the very last segment?

I miss Kaneda's show because I knew I could tune in and the entire length of the show would be on topic. Dennis was absolutely correct saying he did nothing all weekend because I think he knows it's a waste of time discussing if it wasn't time spent on the show topic (pinball).

#1682 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

pomc do you listen to my show? Just curious what your feedback is? It’s a genuine question. Not trying to poke the bear or anything.

No, I haven't. I don't listen to many podcasts though. Spent the last 90 min of the drive to my daughter's university and then entire 3 hour drive back listening to Talk Is Jericho because I'm a wrestling and AEW fan. So I caught up with some of his shows. Kaneda was the only pinball podcast I regularly listened to prior to his departure. Pinball Chronicles is a must listen, but it's once a month-ish. I very much like the format and information provided in that show.

Are you on the pinball network? I'll give it a listen on Thursday when I have to drive into my DC office.

1 week later
    #1692 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Yeah I’m on TPN. Just another pinball podcast. Give it a go if you want. You can start with the latest episode if you want.

Volume level is way too low on the current episode. Have my earbuds volume up and a headset on while I mow, had to turn it off. I did listen to the prior episode and it sounded fine.

#1694 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Thank you for letting me know about this! I will adjust the volume on my next one to be higher. I'm also going to take "it sounded fine" and the fact that you started to listen to a 2nd one of my podcasts as you may have actually enjoyed them

Yup, I wouldn't have given a 2nd episode a try if the first one didn't hold my interest.

#1695 3 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Thank you for letting me know about this! I will adjust the volume on my next one to be higher. I'm also going to take "it sounded fine" and the fact that you started to listen to a 2nd one of my podcasts as you may have actually enjoyed them

I listened to more of it while working and was able to hear fine on my bluetooth speaker at full volume without a tractor engine competing. So far, listening to a pair of your episodes, I'll be continuing to listen.

2 weeks later
    #1727 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 9: Louder Than Ever
    Host: Joel Engelberth
    email: [email protected]
    stream: twitch.tv/justanotherpinball
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-qqb2s-e8c599
    [quoted image]

Listening right now while mowing. Stopped to post that the audio is perfect. Can hear it just fine while the mower is going (have ear protectors on over the buds) and could still turn the volume up a little if it was needed.

2 months later
    #1890 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Jessy Jay's Pinball Adventures Ep 9: The Pinball Vampire

Gave it 10 minutes, but the audio levels are way too low. Especially the audio level of the guy combined with his low energy accent. Do these get posted without any quality control?

#1893 3 years ago

Phone and car stereo at max volume and struggled to hear the guy on the podcast that was talking during the first 10 minutes. The woman was a bit louder, but still shouldn't need to max out the volume to hear effortlessly.

Edit: thought the quote picked up on what podcast message I quoted from. The Jessy podcast one.

1 month later
    #1950 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Jessy Jay's Pinball Adventures Ep 11: Where's The Laugh Track?!
    Hosts: Jessy Jay & Ryan C.

Gave this podcast another try and I still think the audio is pretty bad for Ryan. His audio either needs to be bumped up to the same level as Jessy, or ideally he should speak louder and clear up his vocal fry.

He does speak louder, clearer and eliminates most of the vocal fry when talking with Dennis, so he can actually do it. Jump to the 1 hour mark and listen to the last minutes of Ryan and Dennis talking. Then listen at the 1:02 mark when the show resumes with Jessy. The audio level drops and he speaks softer with lower energy and lapses back into vocal fry with Jessy.

The content is interesting, but it's too difficult to listen if not in a silent environment. Can't listen when working in the garage or driving because of the poor audio level. Hoping it can be improved so I can listen next time.

1 month later
    #2037 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

LIVE TONIGHT! Jan 28th 8pm CST
    youtube.com/thepinballnetwork

What's going to be the running time?

2 weeks later
    #2064 3 years ago

...Craig could tone down the use of the word "fucking" and find another word for variety.

1 week later
    #2086 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW Podcast Alert! And it's a GREAT one!

The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 1: Tom Kopera

Host: Matt Morrison
    Special Guest: Tom Kopera

Would sound so much better and make it easier listening if the volume levels of the host and the interviewee were matched. The host volume is too low or Tom's is too high.

#2088 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

+1
    This is my #1 technical issue with various podcasts.

I only have this issue on the TPN podcasts. That Jessy and Ryan podcast always have awful sound levels, for example, Ryan is way too low and has vocal fry.

The other (non-pinball) podcasts I listen to are professional sounding. This seems like a waste of an interesting interview because of the audio levels.

#2095 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Thanks so much man. Need all the help I can get lol

Audio levels aside, I did listen to the interview...just had to wait until I was back at home instead of in the truck. I learned lots that I didn't know about pinball on the creative and manufacturing side, along with Cactus Canyon info, etc. So good job on the interview and certainly keep them coming if you can.

2 months later
    #2230 2 years ago

Not sure I'm going to make it any further than 5 min, but this sums up Delt31's comments in the first 5 min.

So damn cringy so far. This is sofa king awful that now I'm cracking up and going to keep going. Now on to the Main issue" of Zach and Pinstadiums....ok let's hear.

4r3nse (resized).png4r3nse (resized).png
    #2233 2 years ago

Ok, I have to tap out.

#2236 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes but how was the audio dammit?!

Unfortunately, I could hear Delt.

1 month later
    #2363 2 years ago

If there's something I enjoy more than Acapulco music, it's a medium rare steak with a nice serenade.

1 week later
    #2379 2 years ago

I enjoyed the interview with John Youssi.

....but keep those audio levels up in the future. I couldn't listen to this on the tractor because at full volume was straining to hear, so had to listen inside while working.

1 month later
    #2430 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Free Play Pinball Podcast Episode 4: The One Where Dwight Sullivan & Amanda Share A Dream While Bill Takes A Nap

The audio of Amanda was fine for everyone else? I couldn't listen more than a few minutes because her audio was awful. She sounded tinny, distant and broadcasting from a bathroom stall. It's a shame because I'd be interested in listening to Dwight's comments, but listening to the questions was painful.

#2452 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Great news on Mando Pro production. Getting excited!
    One question....Did you borrow Franchi's soundboard? So many drops in this episode.

Waaayyy too Meny drops.

2 weeks later
    #2501 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Episode 5: It Was A Long Road But We Finally Made It

Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie

New drinking game.

Take a shot when Joel tells someone, "That's fair."
    Double shot when he mentions wanting his friends and family to enjoy a pin.

#2505 2 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

That’s a fair statement.
    I don’t know why that is my go to acknowledgement phrase. I’m not saying I agree with you but I hear what you are saying…
    I also want me friends and family to get into pinball. It isn’t easy…
    But I’m glad you listen! I think I finally got the audio level figured out so I hope you could hear it well on your mower!

Can’t play the game if you don’t listen. I’ve been enjoying listening to Pinball discussion and what the three of you like and don’t like and gameplay strategy etc.

1 week later
    #2527 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

The Dr. Phil impression was tough to listen to (sorry Zach, haha)

I thought it was an awful Mr. Mackey (Southpark, mmmmmkay) impersonation that I skipped entirely by once it started. I never heard Dr. Phil, so no idea if it was good impersonation. Is he still a thing?

2 weeks later
    #2561 2 years ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast has become one of the better podcasts for sure. I like that pinball is the topic and that it stays on topic. The tournament talk and strategy is interesting even though I'm not interested in playing in tournament. The segments about wizard mode tips and strategies has been helpful to me learning about some of my games and things to attempt.

Here's an endorsement. I don't listen at 1.5x speed like most other pinball podcasts (get to the point!) and I only used the 30 sec skip a few times....just to skip the opening and skipping the Tom songs segment.

#2569 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

He really needs to hire a PR person for Homepin, let them handle all of it, and stop doing interviews.

That would be boring for us.

1 week later
    #2590 2 years ago

Looking forward to the day when every podcast stops discussing Deeproot. Don't care and at this point everyone is just reporting on the same stale information.

2 weeks later
    #2630 2 years ago

Zach, your audio has been very soft the last few shows i’ve listen to. Seems to be a combination of low audio for yourself because everyone else sounds fine, like Dennis and Greg, and that you are purposely talking softly. In addition, you have got into the habit of trailing off at the end of a lot of your sentences as if you are trying to speak under your breath for effect.

Whatever the reasons or cause, this is an audio podcast and if you were going to say something, speak clearly and not under your breath. Otherwise what is the point of listening?

#2632 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

My apologies, I've been trying to tweak my audio a bit in response to others saying levels are too high... hahaha But thank you, I will figure it out some day

It's actually more than your audio level, you are actually trailing off at the end of sentences and often making comments under your breath. I think that's for humorous effect? But that only works in comedy when the audience can hear your under-the-breath-comment and the person you're speaking with cannot.

If no one can hear it, then why bother saying it?

2 weeks later
    #2672 2 years ago

Can't watch the NFL games due to your limited streaming package/no cable TV service? All the games are here, including the Red Zone channel.

https://vipleague.me/american-football-schedule-streaming-links

3 weeks later
    #2734 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

as long as he promised to do it as Nord-Man.

Please, no. That bit is so cringey and unfunny.

1 month later
    #2856 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Ugh, I’m gonna have to do the whole thing myself now. I thought making content was supposed to be easy, that I could just post a bunch of silly shit with no accountability and then once enough folks get their Greg Bone panties in a twist, put all my posts behind a paywall as if all that drivel were something worth paying for.
    Anyway where was I? We’ve got Wolfman and Drac dealt with, which leaves:
    Creature - Chuck Wurt. Not because of his looks, but just because “Chuck Wurt” sounds like the most perfect name for a chill grumpy swamp dude who still knows how to rock.
    Bride - Purely dependent on which of the girls can hit the high note. I propose a single-elimination round of “Anything you can sing, I can sing higher,” hot-potato style.
    Mummy - Ahhhhhh, the one true tough choice. Anybody could be under those bandages! So, what makes the MB mummy REALLY stand out from other mummies? We don’t know all that much about him except:
    1. Musician
    2. Distinctive Voice
    3. Ancient
    However, I believe the evidence before us proves quite conclusively that the man for the job is obviously Mr. Jeff Teolis.
    I yield the remainder of my time.

Are you on shrooms? Wtf?

1 week later
    #2883 2 years ago

Take a drink every time Steve Bowden cracks himself up in the middle of a sentence…..when he’s not even saying anything funny.

You’ll need a liver transplant.

#2885 2 years ago

Someone clue the guy who flagged my Steve Bowden drinking game post for moderation, that I've created a drinking game before.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/51#post-6437831

Triple Drain Podcast (One of the best for sure) embraced my dumb comment and made it an inside recurring joke on their podcasts.

#2898 2 years ago

I didn't hear that episode, but I'm a fan of the Triple Drain Podcast, so will check it out when on the road next time.

2 weeks later
    #2948 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Sucks that Godzilla won everything but also…. You can’t really argue with it haha.

Now I can skip the show.

I’d listen if it was in podcast form. But can’t watch an awards show of any kind.

3 weeks later
    #3014 2 years ago

4 min in, getting ready to turn off. Is this some fake interview?

2 weeks later
    #3092 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Sure but, when their opinions are so negative it'll likely impact others perceptions that's just not right.
    Jeff

Movie reviewers, music reviewers, Broadway critics….what’s the difference?

#3112 2 years ago

Good episode and it stayed on topic, so well done.

Tell you what, that guy who kept saying “Annie Ma” during his report……fucking stop. Took me a while to even understand what you were saying.

Willing to give the benefit of the doubt and assume it was an inside joke or bet…ala “meow” from Super Troopers.

#3116 2 years ago

Stick with "cartoon" or "Japanese cartoon". They're all cartoons, whether it's Woody Woodpecker, or a wood pecker from a tentacled monster attacking a Japanese girl.

2 weeks later
    #3153 2 years ago

I was happy to hear it was a disaster. I feel awards shows are a complete waste of time for anyone not up for an award.

#3155 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hey Man, have you listened?

The Pinball Show Episode 95: Texas Two-Step
    Host: Dennis Kriesel

I did listen to this episode today. I did not think it was possible, but a Pinball Show record was set.

An entire episode without a high-pitched "Oooooooh" after a comment. (Not withstanding Bobby Craig's Stern report)
    Zero imitations of movie creatures
    No unfunny homoerotic comments
    No impersonations based on an amalgamation of SNL sketches/movies

It's clear that Dennis gets dragged down to the lowest common denominator by co-hosts. Can we have another solo host job next week?

#3160 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Maybe a better option would be to not listen? I’m not sure you will find any pinball podcasts enjoyable. But, I appreciate the checklist. I’ll make sure to cover all of them this coming week. Nothing like shaking off the rust with some good ol singing, screaming goats, passes at Den Den, bad impersonations, and 5-6 old references. I’m back PoMC! Buckle up sweetie!

I listened because the post said that Dennis was hosting solo. Otherwise this podcast is a rare listen these days due to everything I mentioned.

I enjoy plenty of pinball podcasts. Triple Drain, Slam Tilt, silverball chronicles, the one with two guys Marty and Jeff. Common denominator? They all come off as genuine and real, not acting like a character and putting on a bit.

#3190 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

There's a couple of podcasts I can't stand but the last thing I would do is go in their thread and insult them. I just simply don't listen to them.

The podcasters are certainly critics of pinball machines; TWIPYs award shows; pinball shows/festivals and any other topics they care to discuss.

But you're saying they themselves cannot be critiqued? I spent my time listening and shared my thoughts. No big whoop.

#3227 2 years ago

See? Now this shit is interesting and I'll have to go listen to the episode now.

Well done.

#3239 2 years ago

Ugh, any mention of Deeproot by ANY podcast gets the 30 second skip button until the next topic.

#3252 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 97: Spirit Animals
    Host: Zach Meny
    Special Guest Cohost: Blueberry Johnson

I listened to this episode yesterday on my way into DC and I enjoyed it. Was glad to not hear Deeproot talk and listen to some good pinball discussion during the drive.

3 weeks later
    #3334 1 year ago

Drink every time someone says, "J-Pop" on this episode. Haven't listened yet, but I can just imagine.

1 week later
    #3354 1 year ago

Good episode. Listened last night on the way back from getting a Led Zeppelin game.

Good idea to toss all the "correspondents" simply because, listening quality wise, it was the weakest link of the show. Having one segment where everyone's audio levels and audio quality are all over the place is a hard listen. Then add in a low and slow talker like the guy John from Australia and it makes it even tougher to listen.

But why not just have Bobby Craig do a solo, 15 minute podcast once a week instead of inserting his monologue into the show?

#3362 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Craig Bobby is great , but he had a go at a stand alone podcast and it must been too much work , being a correspondent is probably just the right amount for him .

He would literally be doing the same amount of work though. Just take his monologue that he records for this show and post it as a separate podcast.

1 month later
    #3423 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Holy crap. Wayne-o.

Would’ve been interested in listening. Had to stop after 9 minutes because of all the soundboard and music drops inserted during the conversation.

I hope podcasts don’t count a quick bail out as an actual interested listen. I don’t want to encourage this.

I thought I was listening to a Dickie Goodman record.

#3425 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

EDIT: Wow. I skipped through bits of it just to see what you're talking about and those drops are OBNOXIOUS. Some of them are like 30 seconds long, and sections of it have music playing under the interview. Sounds like a Scotty Farrell broadcast without Scotty;s talent.

Yeah, it was embarrassing to play with my wife with me on a 5 hour ride home. Decided to turn on a podcast, this popped up, and it was a LONG 9 minutes before we were like, what the hell? Back to music.

1 week later
    #3444 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

Did anyone else not appreciate being dressed down by Craig Bobby regarding Toy Story 4 on last week’s episode? You’re the news guy, not on editorials. Just give us the news.

He does a well prepared and scripted monologue. That can certainly go an episode or three without the "Say what" gimmick.

News? WTF? It's a podcast.

1 week later
    #3455 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Tripple Drain is fine in the beginning but the language gets courser and foul near the end passed the mid mark.
    I turned on a episode of Final Round and hit with the C word bombs that made the movie "Fury" blush.

What C word?

#3460 1 year ago

I was thinking Caneda, but I think it starts with a K.

#3468 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I still dont get it, please PM me what word your referring to.

Catty

#3473 1 year ago

Look, let Joel Bob run his podcast and not worry about second guessing himself. The Triple Drain podcast has been a nice source of pinball entertainment for me and I don't want it watered down.

I enjoy, really enjoy, the tournament discussions and how to approach different pins in a tournament. And I've never played in, nor plan to, play in any tournament except the local house ones among friends for fun. So that speaks to enjoying their banter regardless of the topics....well, I do skip forward a few minutes to get nonsense out of the way.

Job well done on the podcast and keep on doing what the three of you appear to enjoy doing with each other.

#3478 1 year ago

Welp, dunno what to say. It's up to you to keep listening or not. Nothing else to say here about it. People use a variety of language and it is not a public "radio" airwaves either.

I sure hope for your safety, because people are fucking dangerous weirdos these days, you don't ask anyone in public to watch their mouth.

4 weeks later
    #3537 1 year ago

Use a VPN and download 4k torrents of the stuff you want to watch in 4k on Netflix. It's not pirating if you already pay for the content but Netflix is making the 4k content look lousy.

#3539 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Well it would be considered renting if you are paying a subscription fee monthly. Netflix could argue that their services are like red box, you pay to rent out a movie for a week you buy weeks worth of access to Netflix property.
    Even though you are paying a monthly fee to access content you are still renting.

They could argue all they want but you won’t be a part of the argument. They won’t know you’re doing anything since you’re behind the VPN.

Anyways, just giving an idea. I don’t need it shot down just because.

2 weeks later
    #3572 1 year ago

The Pinball Chronicles podcast, what's the deal with that fake financial commercial that is always inserted? I don't get the joke and it always just pops up at random.

#3575 1 year ago

Oh ok. To me, his inflection kind of sounds like it's a spoof or parody of a commercial I'm not aware of.

Maybe save it for the end or the beginning?

#3582 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

It's his podcast he can do whatever he wants. Short from X rated material.
    He is the only one in this hobby that actually gets down and grubby into the silverball history and washes it down with Maple syrup.

Duh, is it his podcast and he can do whatever he wants? Of course. I’m commenting about something I heard on the podcast that I didn’t understand Why it was being played when it was being played.

#3584 1 year ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

It's harder to skip if its hidden in the episode

Haha, it's only three presses of the 30 second skip button. But yeah, smart thinking. Otherwise it would be like whenever I've tried listening to the Loser Kid podcast. Everyone must know to just skip ahead to the 4 minute mark to get their commercials out of the way.

#3595 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

^ Really well said.

Yeah I didn’t wanna say anything but I’ve been feeling the same way the last few episodes. It’s tiring to listen to and it often derails a thought or a sentence during a conversation. Kind of like how a heckler interrupts a comedian and stops the flow of the show and as an audience member it’s kind of cringe.

It’s already established that Joel doesn’t play in tournaments. Got it. I haven’t listened to this episode yet but that’s usually where the needling comes from.

#3604 1 year ago

That description makes me never wanna listen again.

#3614 1 year ago

Dennis wondering why Stern used Shaking instead of Shaken and says he's confused.

Dennis is also the same person who thinks "Rumortained" makes a lick of sense and sounds clever.

2 weeks later
    #3669 1 year ago

Man, these new posts here had me listen to the show today. It's still a hard listen for me due to the childish, mouth sound effects and soft humor like puns and dad jokes.

If the Pinball Show were a pinball machine, it would have to be Punny Factory.

There's a topic....which pinball machine represents each podcast or podcaster?

Slam Tilt would be South Park.

#3705 1 year ago

What is a Discord server exactly? I imagine it being like an AOL chatroom?

#3713 1 year ago

A few days ago, I thought Patreon was a tequila.

Both are too expensive for my tastes. I'm not giving anyone money to talk to me about pinball and well liquor is just fine.

#3720 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Well the good news for you is our podcast will continue to remain free!

Frankly, your podcast would be the one I might consider paying for.

Ha, you're leaving $3 on the table, sucker! You're the financial commercial guy, right? Should know better.

#3721 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

TL;DR
    Throw Joel some coin so he can put a cool branded merch shirt on his back and maybe try to get those embarrassing tats removed. He shouldn't be punished forever for three bad decisions from his youth.
    [quoted image]

That photo makes me think I'm looking at a trail cam screen capture in an outhouse.

2 weeks later
    #3764 1 year ago

Heads up, 10 minutes to skip at the beginning of Silverballs. Seriously.

1 month later
    #3814 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 62 - Exposé

The discussion of the Stern EULA was interesting. But what about this? I've never bought a NIB game, all have been used, hence I've never agreed to a goddamned thing. How would the EULA apply to a used buyer?

#3815 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Free Play Pinball Podcast Episode 18.5: The Calm Before The Storm

Hosts: Amanda Hamilton & Bill Webb

Did anyone listen to the audio levels and quality before posting this? It was unlistenable during a drive because of the low level of Bill and the high volume of Amanda. No way to balance out the audio without not hearing one person and the other blowing the tweeters out.

2 months later
    #3979 1 year ago

I enjoyed listening to the tournament talk. I’m never going to watch people play pinball for longer than a few minutes. That’s extremely boring to me.

But listening to what happened, boiled down to 15-20 minutes was perfect. Just telling me what happened, explaining thoughts going into the competition and a few anecdotes was way more interesting than watching pinball being played will ever be.

1 week later
    #3987 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Free Play Pinball Podcast Ep 20: A Chat With THE John Borg

Interesting and well done interview.

1 week later
    #4019 1 year ago

Those two Canadian co-hosts sure have a hard time keeping on topic and being succinct with a story. Not sure if one of them was trying to be funny by not getting to a point, but it was a rough listen and I had to bail out.

#4028 1 year ago

I think I noticed one podcast recently putting a timestamp in the show notes as to when the actual on topic show started. That’s my suggestion for any Pinball podcast, give us a timestamp of when you all get on topic, so those of us who want to get there can just jump to it.

What is frustrating is when I am multitasking and don’t have my hands free to get to my phone to start skipping. It can be annoying if I am on my tractor, vacuuming the house, pinball repairing, etc, to stop what I’m doing, reach into my pocket, unlock the phone, get to the app and start skipping to on topic discussion. At a certain point of off-topic, discussion about some mundane, daily activity, I am like WTF am I listening to and why?

3 weeks later
    #4079 1 year ago

Maybe rename the network to The Patreon Network? Can still keep TPN initials. You guys have become obsessed with it.

#4082 1 year ago

Final round and slam tilt are always good for a listen. I’m listening to that Pinball party podcast now while I shop out a few machines and it’s also been enjoyable.

#4084 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Slam Tilt isnt on TPN. Also you forgot to mention Silverball Chronicles.

Them too and Bro You Do Pinball.

#4090 1 year ago

Hey, had a drive last night and listened to all of the pinball party episode. I really enjoyed the discussions on this episode. Well done.

#4092 1 year ago

Oh yeah, I picked up a Johnny Matrix a few days ago. Funny hearing about the host talk about how much fun he had playing it after Scooby Doo. I agree that this game is a total combo-flow monster. What a blast to play. Moving out Avengers to make room for it.

#4096 1 year ago

I had a 9 hour round trip yesterday to pickup a pin. When I finished listening to my normal podcasts, I decided to check out some pinball podcasts. Pinball Party was first on the list, so it was the path of least resistance when fiddling with Apple Play & driving 75mph.

Pinball Party is now my new favorite pinball podcast and Jason my favorite host. I thought I listened to the first one or two, but at that time I guess it didn't jibe with me. I remember thinking Jason was almost too polished sounding. Like I was listening to a radio host or whatever with pinball talking points. Not a bad thing, but didn't sound genuine to me. Maybe not, but that's my recollection.

I started with this latest episode and worked my way down (skipping the Danesi interview. P3 = Don't care). The regular guests of Nudge guy and operator guy are welcome additions and provide interesting thoughts and opinions to the discussions. Really liking the chemistry of all three guys and also the appearances of the operator's arcade owner wife. She came across as knowledgeable and having plenty of experience to back up what she said and most importantly was interesting.

I appreciate the honest opinions of games, such as Halloween, Scooby, Bond 60th, stupid prices, etc. When each podcast begins with lathering up Flipping Out for the first 5 minutes, I was skeptical this wouldn't be a spinoff of the Pinball Show. Happily it's not and I can listen at 1x speed and never had to drum solo the 30 second skip button (aside from skipping to the 5 min mark each episode).

However, and this needs to be said....holy shit, that award show episode SUCKED. Not because of the content, the conversations were mostly interesting, but they kept being derailed by Amanda. When other people are talking, she has to let them finish their sentences before jumping in and interrupting...and then be sure you're contributing to the conversation.....no one cares about anyone else's dreams. If you listened, then you know. We need to hear what everyone says one at a time.

Looking forward the the next episode. Pretty sure I actually subbed to it so I know when a new one is out.

1 month later
    #4151 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

What's wrong with Podbean?

Any time I've ever used it, it's been ass. Take a long time to buffer and start to stream in my experience.

#4152 1 year ago

Damn guys, 15-20 minutes of nothing to start the podcast?

Since Silverball Chronicles posts the actual start time of the content in the show notes, can every other podcast under the TPN umbrella show the same courtesy to listeners?

#4156 1 year ago

Are you not allowing anyone to choose to do that?

#4159 1 year ago

Ok Zak says it is cool to let listeners know when the show content starts. Let’s see that in the notes going forward.

#4165 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Are you familiar with Triple Drain? This is what they do. They take the piss out of each other while talking pinball throughout, and I for one am a fan!
    You have a fast forward button, this is 100% within your control.

I was locked into the show podcast and couldn’t do that because I was changing the brakes on one of my cars. With a heads up I would’ve skipped ahead.

#4169 1 year ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

NOPE! You’re asking way too much!

Are you that Tom from the podcast?

1 week later
    #4248 11 months ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Podcasters bitching and whining about the bitchy and whiney Pinside community.

What was the bitching about? From what podcast? That might actually make me listen.

I’d like to hear more about the bitching. Probably more interesting than the first 15 minutes of any of these podcasts. I’d even enjoy listen to them single out guys here they don’t like.

That wildgrover fella from pinball party has me totally blocked and I’d really get a kick outta hearing why. I like that pinside shows that and I don’t think people who block know it does show. Makes me laugh.

#4277 11 months ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

The blocking someone is an interesting concept to me. Words are wind, but there's another thread where it seems like everyone has blocked one specific person. Hmmm....

What's peculiar to me is blocking someone from seeing any of your posts. Like, what are you hiding and why? I can still see the posts because on my phone I'm usually not logged into Pinside and just read without being signed in.

I totally get the "ignore" feature where you do not see what that person posts, but your own content is not hidden from view. But the "block" feature seems a bit babyish to me. But then again, these podcasts really enjoy saying the phrase, "Baby's first so-and-so", for some reason. Grown men talking about babies and making toddler sounds.

#4280 11 months ago

Are you guys aware that every single podcast on The Pinball Network is flagged as explicit? I am testing a new MDM for our work iPhones and iPads and our security is set to block explicit music, podcasts and iTunes content.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hBn4b7S2eqJK1c1R8

I have never heard anything explicit on your shows, and none of my other podcasts are flagged as explicit.

"Episodes set as "explicit" on Spreaker will get the "explicit" label on Apple Podcasts as well, and a small "E" will appear alongside its title. You can modify this setting anytime time by checking the "explicit content" box on the episode info section of the CMS. Please notice that even if only one episode is marked as explicit, the whole podcast will be tagged that way on Apple Podcasts."

Just an FYI, I don’t give a shit, and you’re welcome.

3 weeks later
    #4374 11 months ago

Was proper thanks given to Kaneda for getting all the podcast hosts to hop on the Patreon bandwagon?

#4388 10 months ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

It *is* all bullshit. The world unprofessional comes to mind... his "me against the world... I'm taking all the arrows" is also total BS. For years he's made it seem like he's the only one that questions product quality or CS policies, which is totally untrue. What is true, however, is that he's the only that treats people in the industry like dirt.
    I guess some people like to listen to the trainwreck. Apparently 600.

You care too much.

#4390 10 months ago

Yes. I care very little about podcast content. Except when a podcaster screams in my ear.

This guy has done over 800 podcasts and I still see you complain about him every chance you get.

#4393 10 months ago

I used to be an avid Kaneda listener, but stopped once he went behind a pay wall

I listened from day 1 and I think was the first podcast I ever listened to. Stopped listening when it went behind a paywall. Paying someone to listen to them talk about pinball is the R word.

#4399 10 months ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes, yes… then you complain about the complaining. Quite cyclical

I did not complain. Just giving you an FYI that you are a broken record when the subject of him comes up. That’s all feel free to carry on. I don’t give a shit.

#4406 10 months ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

[quoted image]

Don’t get it. Use words if you have something to say.

#4422 10 months ago

The early leading vote-getter for next years TWIPY award, “the fakest, most put on, and over the top cringey laugh”, goes to Dennis K.

1 week later
    #4444 10 months ago
    Quoted from reconsider59:

Haven't gotten to listen to it all yet—could you elaborate? What did you find bonkers? (now I'm curious!)

The accents.

1 week later
    #4473 10 months ago
    Quoted from naf_llabnip:

Hi everyone, LOVE Silverball, but the latest episode seems to just be mixed to the left channel? Or I am I having others issues? I use Stitcher on my iPhone and other pods were ok. I greatly appreciate all of the amazing content, thx

Join their Patreon if you want stereo. Freeloaders get one channel and you'll like it.

2 weeks later
    #4500 9 months ago

So much drama in the LBC.

2 weeks later
    #4529 8 months ago

Rumor fatigue? More like Podcast fatigue.

20 Pinball podcasts all regurgitating the same little morsels of information. Especially fun was seemingly every single podcaster discussing that Homepin guy's interview.

Almost as fun was all the Centaur opinions. Color or B/W playfield? Price too high? Ad nauseum.

At least with Venom discussions by everyone, it's a game that will be seen in a few weeks instead of a few years.

#4531 8 months ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yeah I don’t open these podcasts anymore . Just painful.

I heard such whining from Americans so upset that some Kiwi in China doesn't want to sell his shitty product in the USA. If it's a shitty product, why do you care? Oh, you don't irrationally dislike any countries yourself? Idiots.

2 weeks later
    #4574 8 months ago

Buy them frozen at your favorite grocery or Walmart.

1 month later
    #4601 7 months ago

Interesting perspectives (on life and especially the pinball hobby) from Jason as always.
    Oh to own no games! On one hand, that would be SO liberating. But then again, I enjoy my addiction of collecting and playing these games.
    And ... Bond is great! You asked so there it is.
    Good luck and hope to hear from you again!

Is that show done?

1 month later
    #4645 5 months ago

I find it amusing the paid listeners get punished with Craig Bobby.

#4648 5 months ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I can hear it now…
    “HELLO Listeners and welcome behind the paywall!! I’mmmmmmmmm Craig Bobby…”

Sounds like Jim J Bullock was dug up and joined TPN.

#4650 5 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

He's still alive.

Good for him!

1 month later
    #4676 4 months ago

Dennis is a lucky guy. I'd like to have a hype-man like Zack always around to literally laugh out loud at any dumb comment I say. Like if I said "Tazmanian Turtle", he'd bust a gut!

#4682 4 months ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Still more witty than anything I’ve read from you (insert my laugh wingman gut-busting cackle)

Honestly, was it really laugh out loud hilarious? I know you're putting on a schtick for the show, but that response was really lathering his balls.

2 months later
    #4776 63 days ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

We’ve fought long and hard to avoid giving Roger Sharpe yet another ego-building podcast

Why did you give in? Or was it just this podcast's turn to talk about him? What new gems of info does this podcast unearth?

Listening to him or hearing people talk about him is not terribly interesting after all the lathering he's received from podcasters.

What would be funny is making a Roger Sharpe Bingo card for us to play along while listening.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoMC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=PoMC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.