(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2227 All RSS feeds for TPN Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Post #2238 How to add RSS feeds Posted by DennisK (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 4 years ago

Listen, I’m just excited we’re all gonna get together over some fine wine and soft jazz flute and talk about ping-pong.

73D52A8B-029F-47A9-91B5-9A5E87333ED9 (resized).jpeg73D52A8B-029F-47A9-91B5-9A5E87333ED9 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #251 4 years ago

Nice! Good luck with the launch, I’m looking forward to listening!

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks Flapper! Just waiting on you to email us with interest in doing an Off The Record Pinball Podcast episode. Cmon Kyle!

I’m cooking up some goodness with Jeff right now, but I may have a few more mediocre impressions up my sleeve...

1 year later
    #2290 2 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Ok well...I got PMs and messages so I listened. Ugh.
    Not sure why it was necessary for all this to be brought up again, but there was a lot of talk about me personally so I will respond.
    Regarding TPN and it's launch:
    As Zach mentions on the podcast, I had talked to him (for about a year and a half) about us putting something together where content creators could all work together and support each other. I was definitely blindsided by Zach's TPN launch, had no idea that was launching, and it sucked to see some of my ideas that we had discussed utilized. One thing we never figured out was if it should be associated with any established "brands", like SDTM or TWIP or Flip N Out or something new all together.
    My vision was for it to be more so focused on working to provide financial support to the creators though, to chip in to help buy people new products (cameras, mics, etc) for creating content because I thought people wouldn’t just join/promote something when they don’t really get anything out of it. (But I think it is clear I was wrong about that, I underestimated how much people love to "be a part of something" and join groups.)
    Did the TPN launch "hurt my feelings" as was mentioned on this podcast? Yes, of course, for the reasons mentioned above.
    Regarding the new awards show:
    I had been given an "off the record" heads up from a person at TPN that there was talk they were going to start another pinball awards show to compete with the TWIPYs. That was maybe 9 months (?) or so before the PIAs were announced. I had assumed that maybe that hit the cutting room floor until it was announced, and I was not invited to be involved in any way.
    Did the PIAs "hurt my feelings" as was mentioned on the podcast? No, not at all. The two shows are different voting formats and don't need to necessarily compete. TWIPYs are people's choice type of format and had over 5500 people vote, the PIAs try to be a critics type of format for the Excellence part of the awards the PIAs only had 12 people vote I believe (don't quote me on that). The question of if pinball needs two awards shows is up to the industry, and if people embrace both. I think this year it did, both were embraced.
    On Zach and the TWIPYs:
    I have messaged with Zach about this a bit since the podcast dropped, as there was some clarification needed on him saying "I don't know why [Jeff] doesn't want to work with me" (that was regarding the TWIPYs). That is not the case, though I do understand why he made that statement.
    For context, to rewind back, Zach and Greg were a HUGE part of the TWIPYs as you know. When TPN launched, Zach and I were not getting along well for the reasons mentioned above, and that was what led to him not hosting the TWIPYs. It was 100% his (and Greg's) decision to no longer host the TWIPYs, and I completely understood why they did not want to anymore.
    Zach did reach out after the TWIPYs this year to ask about hosting next year as he is ready to go "all in" on an awards show, but I was/am not ready to commit to hosts or specifics for next year for the TWIPYs yet. Need to let the feedback and messages from this year percolate for a while before making decisions for next year. Zach is one of the few people that knows how much work and time and effort and money goes into holding of these awards shows, so he understands. I don’t know that people realize that both he and I were in the red on the awards shows, we paid out of our own pocket. Yes we have sponsors but we go over budget to try to put on a great show. Yes we’re both idiots.
    At this point, all of the disagreements we've had are way in the past, and I think Zach feels the same way. Zach is probably the most competitive person I've ever met in my life, and he makes incredible content for the hobby and is very creative.
    I'm sure this will get its share of thumbs down, but I had to clarify a few statements made about me. It's a small hobby, and I think there is room for all of us even if we don't always agree on everything. Like I said, any negativity with Zach and I is in the past. We message and joke now. We're both looking at moving forward, not backward.
    And hey we both agree on the important things, like that Kaneda needs to be beaten next year in the TWIPYs.

Well said Jeff. I enjoy all kinds of pinball content, and I was sad the TWIP podcast fizzled out. However, there’s certainly no shortage of pinball entertainment.

Less drama, mo’ fun! Looking forward to going to shows and hanging out with friends in the future.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-?tu=Mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.