18 days ago

Topic Stats

• 379 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E01AB736-A8DD-4E57-BCF8-7B6C925FA587 (resized).jpeg
    6AE676BA-40FD-4B7E-88F7-122FD83E95A2 (resized).jpeg
    C84463CB-DAFC-4914-B4CF-B5DF28F9F856 (resized).jpeg
    E77F6630-09DC-4228-923C-8B21C842FF9E (resized).jpeg
    BD3069F4-9057-4B7A-9857-AA92D045C371.jpeg
    Macho Quote - TPN (resized).png
    29C5CACC-A11C-4A5B-B45A-599C0A37EB56 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20200212-185539_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200212-185530_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200212-185506_Samsung Internet.jpg
    42F67581-2D22-4EE3-809E-5315647AB4EE (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20200211-213100.png
    4F0F3509-91D3-423F-AD38-BFB362030D1A (resized).jpeg
    Silverball Stories (resized).jpg
    51B114EB-2F41-44CA-AC95-CDB82B99DCE8 (resized).jpeg
    810D09F7-2FE0-43D3-B2BC-A8107B09DF6E (resized).jpeg

There are 379 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 3 days ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Agree with everything you said, except that its an unappreciated effort. I think a few bad apples can certainly make it seem that way, but the vast majority of us out there DO appreciate the work that Zach, Dennis, Ken, and all the other content creators do. The jerks out there tend to be the ones that get remembered. I always try to to leave a "like" on creator videos and Facebook posts, but that doesn't always hit as hard as someone saying something negative.
    Also, one thing to remember is that by creating pinball media, these guys have gotten the opportunity to meet a lot of amazing people and have some cool experiences. Be they touring a manufacturers' facilities, talking with designers and fans, and even making new friends. That's something these creators wouldn't necessarily have gotten to do otherwise, and they've gotten to be an important part of a lot of pinball fans' lives. Which is pretty neat. Not to be too mushy!
    And appreciation is one of the main reasons we have the TWIPYs. It's an opportunity to say "thank you!" and "good job!" to people doing great things in the hobby and pinball industry.

Well said my friend

Quoted from s1500:

I don't want to download podbean to listen. I would however like to listen to it via Google Podcasts, or just an RSS feed.

You don’t have to download the app just search The Pinball Network on the podcatcher of your choice. Many catchers are being approved daily

#352 3 days ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Well said my friend

You don’t have to download the app just search The Pinball Network on the podcatcher of your choice. Many catchers are being approved daily

I gave it a whirl to no avail. I'll hope that it shows up on a search on Google's Podcast app soon. I'm assuming this will happen in a short while. .

#353 3 days ago
    Quoted from s1500:

I don't want to download podbean to listen. I would however like to listen to it via Google Podcasts, or just an RSS feed.

You don't have to download the app to listen on your phone. If your phone is forcing you to open in the app like the first image below just change the settings on your phone to desktop mode. The result is the final picture and you can just click on the play arrow.
    Screenshot_20200212-185506_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200212-185530_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200212-185539_Samsung Internet.jpg

#354 3 days ago

I had never used a podcast app until Monday. I always went to the podcasts website or Facebook link and listened from there. I installed the Apple podcast app on my iphone and it’s simple and easy to use

#355 3 days ago

For Andriod users, I've been using the "Podcast Republic" app since 2013ish and had no issues with it, pretty simple to navigate.

#356 3 days ago

I use this on android. All of these are pretty straight forward to use.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bambuna.podcastaddict

#357 3 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I use this on android. All of these are pretty straight forward to use.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bambuna.podcastaddict

That's a good one too.

#358 3 days ago

podcasts apple the pinball network
    I just google this and listen from there.

#359 3 days ago

Enjoying the variety of shows under one umbrella, good stuff so far.

#360 3 days ago

More pinball news, midweek

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-k5rb4-d38231

29C5CACC-A11C-4A5B-B45A-599C0A37EB56 (resized).jpeg
    #361 3 days ago

I travel 5 days of week for work. The past few weeks my road trips have been terrible. Having to resort to listening to talk show radio politic banter or songs on repeat on music radio.

Im loving TPN resurgence. Keep up the good work. !

#362 3 days ago
    Quoted from bgwilly31:

I travel 5 days of week for work. The past few weeks my road trips have been terrible. Having to resort to listening to talk show radio politic banter or songs on repeat on music radio.
    Im loving TPN resurgence. Keep up the good work. !

Thanks man! I’m selfishly loving listening as well haha

#363 3 days ago

Macho Quote - TPN (resized).png
    #364 2 days ago

Found the show on apple podcaster.
    E77F6630-09DC-4228-923C-8B21C842FF9E (resized).jpeg
    BD3069F4-9057-4B7A-9857-AA92D045C371.jpeg

#365 2 days ago

Really enjoying the content so far but with Silverball Chronicles the audio is just way too distracting with the hosts coming in from different sides of headphones. Dennis and Ron put on an entertaining show, but stereo audio is the way to go, having it spliced between two mono channels makes it hurt my ears, especially for a longform podcast. Really hope this gets worked out, keep it up guys!

#366 2 days ago
    Quoted from fauxcalin:

Really enjoying the content so far but with Silverball Chronicles the audio is just way too distracting with the hosts coming in from different sides of headphones. Dennis and Ron put on an entertaining show, but stereo audio is the way to go, having it spliced between two mono channels makes it hurt my ears, especially for a longform podcast. Really hope this gets worked out, keep it up guys!

Thanks for the feedback! My first audio project and I must have screwed that up live and learn!

I'll stick the audio back together and we will upload a new version.

#367 2 days ago
    Quoted from davidlldennis:

Thanks for the feedback! My first audio project and I must have screwed that up live and learn!
    I'll stick the audio back together and we will upload a new version.

thanks Dennis! Really enjoy this historical look at pinball, I think its a great show with long legs!

#368 2 days ago

I've been informed the replacement version is live now. Delete and redownloading from podcatchers should fix it. Everyone else will just get the fixed version. Thanks for reporting the issue!

#370 2 days ago

I can’t think of a better Valentine’s Day than spending it listening to Ron Hallett and David Dennis covering Steve Ritchie and his early career in pinball! Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day from The Pinball Network!

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-yz5ay-d3a529

C84463CB-DAFC-4914-B4CF-B5DF28F9F856 (resized).jpeg
    #371 1 day ago

The chronicles is the best content created for this network so far. Most hobbyists know Steve Richies story (ep 1) simply because he tells it himself so hilariously well - but nice job David and Ron!

Two cents to consider:
    -David needs a better mic. Not so good.
    - It could be cut down under an hour.
    - have a quick 5 with the subject at the end as a payoff if possible or with those that knew them.

Worth a listen - Good luck!

#372 1 day ago

There has been some amazing content this week! The only one I haven't listed to yet is Ron and Dennis, but I was detained by listening to Ron and Bruce! Great to hear Zach again! My favorite has been Jeff T with Martin. But since I am a competition player that was to be expected. I wasn't too crazy about the Silverball Stories, but I think maybe just because it was quite different from what I'm used to and I will certainly give it another chance.

One question. When does Macho join the team? Ohhh Reahhh!

#373 1 day ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

There has been some amazing content this week! The only one I haven't listed to yet is Ron and Dennis, but I was detained by listening to Ron and Bruce! Great to hear Zach again! My favorite has been Jeff T with Martin. But since I am a competition player that was to be expected. I wasn't too crazy about the Silverball Stories, but I think maybe just because it was quite different from what I'm used to and I will certainly give it another chance.
    One question. When does Macho join the team? Ohhh Reahhh!

lotr_breath OOOOOH TPN WANTS MACHO LIKE KANEDA WANTS A BIGGER APARTMENT!

AMIRITE zmeny?

#374 1 day ago

Another new offering on The Pinball Network

Top 3 With Orby: Players Under Age 20 To Watch For In 2020

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-j8zqr-d3b72c

6AE676BA-40FD-4B7E-88F7-122FD83E95A2 (resized).jpeg
    #375 21 hours ago
    Quoted from Vino:

The chronicles is the best content created for this network so far. Most hobbyists know Steve Richies story (ep 1) simply because he tells it himself so hilariously well - but nice job David and Ron!
    Two cents to consider:
    -David needs a better mic. Not so good.
    - It could be cut down under an hour.
    - have a quick 5 with the subject at the end as a payoff if possible or with those that knew them.
    Worth a listen - Good luck!

Wow thanks fella. I generally have no idea what I'm doing The research is the really issue. So many sources and compiling them into a show format. We're aiming for monthly, which is why they tend to be a bit longer than an hour.

I'll try calibrating my mic better... It's a pretty fancy mic which I don't understand.

Thanks for the great feedback!

#376 18 hours ago
    Quoted from davidlldennis:

Wow thanks fella. I generally have no idea what I'm doing The research is the really issue. So many sources and compiling them into a show format. We're aiming for monthly, which is why they tend to be a bit longer than an hour.
    I'll try calibrating my mic better... It's a pretty fancy mic which I don't understand.
    Thanks for the great feedback!

Oh no, you can't drop such a spectacular first episode and then tell me I have to wait a whole month for more. That is torture... I want more now!

Joke aside, awesome episode - thanks for putting it together, really excited for the next one!

#377 13 hours ago

Really enjoyed "Silverball Chronicles" with David and Ron. When I first pressed play, I didn't realize that it was a Pinball History podcast. What a great idea! It's a nice change-of-pace from the typical pinball show. Being newer in the hobby, I only knew some of Steve Ritchie's history. Loved how you guys went into detail on specific pins, as well as the characters behind them.

Really enjoyed this first episode, and I can't wait for more. Thumbs Up!

#378 4 hours ago

The first submission for Off The Record Pinball Podcast. Congrats Matt and Liz, very interesting takes and Liz will make y’all blush.

Email us now to setup your day to shine on your own single podcast! thepinballnetwork@gmail.com

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-t35m7-d3cdbd

E01AB736-A8DD-4E57-BCF8-7B6C925FA587 (resized).jpeg
    #379 4 hours ago

Just listened to SilverBall Chronicles. This is a good way to introduce new people to pinball and to get a history from all involved in making games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 224.99
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 11.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 22.00
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 27.50
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    There are 379 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside