(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 97.
    #301 4 years ago

Episode 1 of Silverball Stories is up! It's short and sweet, so check it out!!!

Silverball Stories (resized).jpgSilverball Stories (resized).jpg
    #302 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you listen to ANY podcast? I listen on apples podcast app. EVERY podcast I listen to is there. This is hows it’s been done forever. Get the RSS feed and load it to whatever app you use for podcasts.

Although I use the Apple podcast app, I still occasionally listen to podcasts on Soundcloud's website.

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Either that, or we just got Boned

I guess Greg meant what he said..."I'm a grower, not a show -er"

#304 4 years ago

Check out Episode 1 of Silverball Stories with Joshuah Jacobs! It’s refreshing and a format that’s different that your typical pinball podcast.

Silverball Stories: For The Love Of Creature

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-c3nih-d3323e

4F0F3509-91D3-423F-AD38-BFB362030D1A (resized).jpeg4F0F3509-91D3-423F-AD38-BFB362030D1A (resized).jpeg
    #305 4 years ago

Overall I enjoyed it due it being relatable, but I felt there was music placed throughout there as time filler. It would be different if we had video going with it because we have something visual to correlate with the audio. That isn't the case with podcasts. We are dealing with audio ONLY - so all it really serves as is background music to nothing. Then there is 2 mins of straight background music at the end? Why?

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

Overall I enjoyed it due it being relatable, but I felt there was music placed throughout there as time filler. It would be different if we had video going with it because we have something visual to correlate with the audio. That isn't the case with podcasts. We are dealing with audio ONLY - so all it really serves as is background music to nothing. Then there is 2 mins of straight background music at the end? Why?

Appreciate the feedback CapN! One of the pretty cool things about Josh’s podcast is that he creates all of the original music for the shows, thus the extended play is more a showcase of his music work. I’m sure he is open to this feedback though thanks buddy

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Appreciate the feedback CapN! One of the pretty cool things about Josh’s podcast is that he creates all of the original music for the shows, thus the extended play is more a showcase of his music work. I’m sure he is open to this feedback though thanks buddy

Ummm. That's CapN Buddy to you private(s)!

#308 4 years ago

I'm sorry, but I need to have the swearing periodically....just once in awhile a "Oh, For Fak Sakes" I think is a requirement...….

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I'm sorry, but I need to have the swearing periodically....

So does my daughter, and her friends at preschool when I'm there all day.
    I mean I assume they like it.

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

So does my daughter, and her friends at preschool when I'm there all day.
    I mean I assume they like it.

I mean, it's really not preschool otherwise......

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I mean, it's really not preschool otherwise......

Stones....Just call me if you ever need a BRICKSHOT! OH YEA! I will do a solo for ya! I'll 4-letter the shit outta ya. Just tell me the subject you need...lol

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

Quoted from ZMeny:

Zach pretty much nailed it. Further, the music, which I write, serves as indications to the listener of time changes, moments for reflection, or to accent the mood of the moment. For example, in this episode, the trapesqe beat with me spouting off phrases of frustration, highlight my love for the movie Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, as it's something Steve Martian says in the film. But also, to note the continued frustration I felt over many months, which is why the music goes on for 15 seconds or so longer than any other in the story. Thus, serves as a subtle indication of how difficult the task was getting as the months passed.
    In the end, I understand that it may feel like 'filler' but there is a reason for placing such music in certain spots. Now when it comes to the music at the end, I write a new outro song for every episode and it's just my time to showcase some tunes. Once, I say "this is Josh Jacobs from the Pinball Network signing out" that is the end of the show. You may choose to listen to the music further if you like it or stop the player. Regardless, I want to thank you for listening and giving a new format a try.

#313 4 years ago

Can’t wait to listen now! We have multiple musicians on the TPN team. Sweet.

#314 4 years ago

Holy Moby Batman.

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you listen to ANY podcast? I listen on apples podcast app. EVERY podcast I listen to is there. This is hows it’s been done forever. Get the RSS feed and load it to whatever app you use for podcasts.

Only on my iPhone. Google or SoundCloud. No app install on phone needed.

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

Zach pretty much nailed it. Further, the music, which I write, serves as indications to the listener of time changes, moments for reflection, or to accent the mood of the moment. For example, in this episode, the trapesqe beat with me spouting off phrases of frustration, highlight my love for the movie Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, as it's something Steve Martian says in the film. But also, to note the continued frustration I felt over many months, which is why the music goes on for 15 seconds or so longer than any other in the story. Thus, serves as a subtle indication of how difficult the task was getting as the months passed.
    In the end, I understand that it may feel like 'filler' but there is a reason for placing such music in certain spots. Now when it comes to the music at the end, I write a new outro song for every episode and it's just my time to showcase some tunes. Once, I say "this is Josh Jacobs from the Pinball Network signing out" that is the end of the show. You may choose to listen to the music further if you like it or stop the player. Regardless, I want to thank you for listening and giving a new format a try.

This was something else. I loved it!

#317 4 years ago

So did Greg leave because Zach was trying to become his stepfather?

#318 4 years ago

oh forget it!

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Only on my iPhone. Google or SoundCloud. No app install on phone needed.

Imagine a world where when you open your iPhone you saw every podcast you’ve ever been interested in, all in one place, and all it took was pressing a different picture on your screen than you normally do.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Imagine a world where when you open your iPhone you saw every podcast you’ve ever been interested in, all in one place, and all it took was pressing a different picture on your screen than you normally do.

Lol. Come on Chuck, you didn’t know apps are evil???!!!

#321 4 years ago

Zach pretty much nailed it. Further, the music, which I write, serves as indications to the listener of time changes, moments for reflection, or to accent the mood of the moment. ...

I like the music - adds a nice touch.

I assume that "Siverball Stories" has replaced your "This American Pinball" podcast (?)

#322 4 years ago

I just want to thank ZMeny for bringing market trends over to the new show. By far my favorite segment on any podcast.

#323 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Witchcraft!!! Burn Him!!!

#324 4 years ago

Added the feed manually because it still has not propogated into Pocket Casts internal pod finder. Might be worth looking into.

#325 4 years ago

Hey all, I've been wondering...will Mr. Bone be a part of TPN in the future? I understand he's taking a bit of a break, but will he eventually be participating in some shows down the line? I was excited when I found out he was a founding member of TPN, but its been all quiet on his involvement since. Team Zach might start to overpower Team Greg, if this keeps up!

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I like the music - adds a nice touch.
    I assume that "Siverball Stories" has replaced your "This American Pinball" podcast (?)

Negative, Silverball Stories is just a fun bonus show for TPN. This American Pinball will still continue. In fact episode 5 of This American Pinball will be up in two weeks.

#327 4 years ago

I'm a very visual person (so keep this in mind for others like myself). You paint a good picture mostly throughout the episode with good sound effects and such that help the audience paint a picture in their head about what is going on (reminded me of a good audio book), but the music IMO doesn't tell me that we are going back in time 'X' amount of months. All I hear is some music as if I just hit a 30 second commercial break (*"serves as indications to the listener of time changes, moments for reflection, or to accent the mood of the moment"). Which in the end was not even needed anyways because you specify immediately after the 30 sec. break "okay, let's back it up a bit". Maybe I'm expecting to hear the clichè harp sound effect that indicates a movement in time? lol. The music while you work on the machine is in place because I hear the frustration of you working on the game - which paints an image for me. Please do not take my input as negative. I would hope this would be constructive criticism, and with these notes you can help capture a broader audience with others that need more of a visual stimuli. As a fellow content creator I encourage you to continuously improve!

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Stones....Just call me if you ever need a BRICKSHOT! OH YEA! I will do a solo for ya! I'll 4-letter the shit outta ya. Just tell me the subject you need...lol

It’s what podcasts are missing brother. F* this PC bullshit. Parents should parent. It’s not up to the podcasters.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from pkrobin:

Added the feed manually because it still has not propogated into Pocket Casts internal pod finder. Might be worth looking into.

Searched in Pocket Cast. Top result.

Screenshot_20200211-213100.pngScreenshot_20200211-213100.png
    #330 4 years ago

ZMeny

You do realize I would think the first round of stern online connectivity doesn’t mean game play right? I would gander a guess more of a “gone are the days” of USB drive software updates.

But network connectivity is just the beginning.

Mr, I don’t need to register a domain name ... just a fun jab!!

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Fak ya! My favorite was your brickshot on Stern Munster color premium playfields!

#332 4 years ago

6 minutes in I had to kill it, felt like I was tripping in the twilight zone.

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from Globalcop:

Searched in Pocket Cast. Top result.[quoted image]

I haven't looked at the docs but I'm in Canada so maybe that's slowing it down. Believe me it's not that I can't spell pinball and network. Lol. Of course now I can't check because I've added it manually so it's there.

#334 4 years ago

So is Greg Bone Hollywoodbone going to be part of the future Pinball Show episodes?

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

So is Greg Bone hollywoodbone going to be part of the future Pinball Show episodes?

By now (the crew completely ignoring he is mentioned all the time) I‘m wondering if he‘s even still alive.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

I'm a very visual person (so keep this in mind for others like myself). You paint a good picture mostly throughout the episode with good sound effects and such that help the audience paint a picture in their head about what is going on (reminded me of a good audio book), but the music IMO doesn't tell me that we are going back in time 'X' amount of months. All I hear is some music as if I just hit a 30 second commercial break (*"serves as indications to the listener of time changes, moments for reflection, or to accent the mood of the moment"). Which in the end was not even needed anyways because you specify immediately after the 30 sec. break "okay, let's back it up a bit". Maybe I'm expecting to hear the clichè harp sound effect that indicates a movement in time? lol. The music while you work on the machine is in place because I hear the frustration of you working on the game - which paints an image for me. Please do not take my input as negative. I would hope this would be constructive criticism, and with these notes you can help capture a broader audience with others that need more of a visual stimuli. As a fellow content creator I encourage you to continuously improve!

Absolutely, I don't see anything mentioned as a negative. Just laying my reasoning for putting the music in there. I am by no means a master of the craft, and criticism is always welcome. One thing, I'll take away from our conversation is to add some more flair and sound design to music segments to help the audience craft the image, that I am thinking of during music breaks.

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

6 minutes in I had to kill it, felt like I was tripping in the twilight zone.

It's not for everyone, but I thank you for giving it a try and picking up on the Twilight Zone references. Each episode will have nods to shows or movies I like. Episode 1 had references to The Twilight Zone, Bloodsport, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Stranger Things, The Hobbit, and GI Joe.

#338 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

... felt like I was tripping in the twilight zone.

Exactly - that's what sets it apart from other pinball podcasts. I appreciate this creative approach!

#339 4 years ago

Gotta check out Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 1: Enter The Final Round exclusively on The Pinball Network

Hosts Jeff Teolis and Martin Robbins

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cbdnc-d35637

42F67581-2D22-4EE3-809E-5315647AB4EE (resized).jpeg42F67581-2D22-4EE3-809E-5315647AB4EE (resized).jpeg
    #340 4 years ago

Folks may want to check/set their setting for #of episodes to keep. I listen to a lot of podcasts, so I keep the # setting pretty low. But for TPN I bumped it up because of how many episodes are going to pile up before I may get to them.

Keep up the good work Zach and other creators... Thanks.

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Gotta check out Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 1: Enter The Final Round exclusively on The Pinball Network
    Hosts Jeff Teolis and Martin Robbins
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cbdnc-d35637[quoted image]

This is awesome, every day something else. This is just getting better and better.

Thanks to all content creators for their fantastic work and you Zach fur orchestrating all of this!

#342 4 years ago

10K podcasts by Christmas.

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

So is Greg Bone hollywoodbone going to be part of the future Pinball Show episodes?

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

By now (the crew completely ignoring he is mentioned all the time) I‘m wondering if he‘s even still alive.

I wonder if this is part of another super-secret marketing strategy? Like they're going to make us think Greg Bone has disappeared, and then all of the sudden he'll pop up on like 5 shows and have a dozen Youtube uploads or something! With Greg missing from the TWIPY's as well, I'm starting to wonder if maybe something bad really did happen to Greg. At this point I'm gonna need "Proof of Life" on Mr. Bone!

Proof of life! Proof of life! Mr. Bone, if you are under duress, blink 3 times.

#344 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I wonder if this is part of another super-secret marketing strategy? Like they're going to make us think Greg Bone has disappeared, and then all of the sudden he'll pop up on like 5 shows and have a dozen Youtube uploads or something! With Greg missing from the TWIPY's as well, I'm starting to wonder if maybe something bad really did happen to Greg. At this point I'm gonna need "Proof of Life" on Mr. Bone!
    Proof of life! Proof of life! Mr. Bone, if you are under duress, blink 3 times.

As he started a new business with his wife and family my Guess is he probably decided his priorities were better spent focusing on that vs the unpaid, under appreciated, time consuming hobby of pinball entertainment? He contributed to helping his friend build a foundation and maybe wants to move on or limit his and his family’s time to the Life of pinball. I could be wrong. Or, he was abducted by Hoosier aliens!

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

As he started a new business with his wife and family my Guess is he probably decided his priorities were better spent focusing on that vs the unpaid, under appreciated, time consuming hobby of pinball entertainment? He contributed to helping his friend build a foundation and maybe wants to move on or limit his and his family’s time to the Life of pinball. I could be wrong. Or, he was abducted by Hoosier aliens!

Under appreciated by whom? Not this fella! Much appreciation from me, and a lot of other pinball fans.

#346 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Under appreciated by whom? Not this fella! Much appreciation from me, and a lot of other pinball fans.

Not saying you nor me just an observation to the criticism many of these pinball content providers get. For all the time, cost, work, research, etc they do with virtually No compensation it always amazes me how many criticize the content or effort? There is no Way I would dedicate that much of my or my family time to this rather unappreciated effort personally. I appreciate and applaud Anyone that makes this effort as it is not as easy as it looks. The talent and skills they all share for Free seems hard to judge or critique. Not surprised many walk away from the effort in short order.

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not saying you nor me just an observation to the criticism many of these pinball content providers get. For all the time, cost, work, research, etc they do with virtually No compensation it always amazes me how many criticize the content or effort? There is no Way I would dedicate that much of my or my family time to this rather unappreciated effort personally. I appreciate and applaud Anyone that makes this effort as it is not as easy as it looks. The talent and skills they all share for Free seems hard to judge or critique. Not surprised many walk away from the effort in short order.

Word.

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

This is awesome, every day something else. This is just getting better and better.
    Thanks to all content creators for their fantastic work and you Zach fur orchestrating all of this!

If it was just me, there would be nothing. Ken Cromwell and Dennis Kriesel are equal partners in this endeavor.

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Agree with everything you said, except that its an unappreciated effort. I think a few bad apples can certainly make it seem that way, but the vast majority of us out there DO appreciate the work that Zach, Dennis, Ken, and all the other content creators do. The jerks out there tend to be the ones that get remembered. I always try to to leave a "like" on creator videos and Facebook posts, but that doesn't always hit as hard as someone saying something negative.

Also, one thing to remember is that by creating pinball media, these guys have gotten the opportunity to meet a lot of amazing people and have some cool experiences. Be they touring a manufacturers' facilities, talking with designers and fans, and even making new friends. That's something these creators wouldn't necessarily have gotten to do otherwise, and they've gotten to be an important part of a lot of pinball fans' lives. Which is pretty neat. Not to be too mushy!

And appreciation is one of the main reasons we have the TWIPYs. It's an opportunity to say "thank you!" and "good job!" to people doing great things in the hobby and pinball industry.

#350 4 years ago

I don't want to download podbean to listen. I would however like to listen to it via Google Podcasts, or just an RSS feed.

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/7?hl=captain-flint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.