(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast Ep 21: Live Or Die - Make Your Ch

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,812 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png
    triple_drain_new_logo_sz5v26 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 7.45.45 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 97.
    #3901 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Spooky is charging way too much for games to profess a "we've learned, we've figured it out" line with each new release. They talk a really good game, but the substance associated with their non-Danesi titles speaks volumes... and that's coming from a person that's purchased 3 Spooky games.
    Halloween was essentially a $9,000 project, and from the sounds of things, Scooby is another. They basically said they winged it to see what would work (saying something to the effect of: throwing things at a wall to see what would stick). Personally, based on the fact Fawzma was a known weak-link on ACNC, and he returned for failed stint on Halloween, I have no reason to place blind faith on a new programmer that's never coded a pinball machine. And, no insult to Corwin, Luke, and the new rules guy... but I'd have to see a finished product, both physical and code, before I sent $9-$10K for a game.
    The initial rules highlighted in the TWIP article are stripped down to beta/basic levels. And the Spooky has shown ZERO spontaneous game play.
    I've played Halloween. I owned ACNC. The simple fact is these titles look good, but they drive like crap. There's a reason why Stern and JJP game play like professionally made pinball machines, and that's because the designers and coders backing them have decades of creation experience. As much as I like the Spooky story, and as much as I support Spooky's quest, I'm not spending nearly $10,000 on a product that's not crafted with experience.
    Sorry, but that's the reality of the situation.
    So, Spooky can talk about how "this time it's different" and "we've improved," but I won't believe it until I see and experience it, myself. Show me a Scooby game that ships with consistent quality manufacturing. Show me a Scooby game that possesses a geometry that works in the real world. Show me a stable code that's cohesive, with a sound and lightshow that flawlessly integrates. Show me code that has thoughtful rules that actually integrate well into gameplay. And I'll show you money.
    I'm waiting, Spooky. Until you can show me that with your current team – ie, a team that doesn't have Scott Danesi involved – then I'll be more comfortable.
    Still tho, the fact that Scooby has an entirely new – untested in the real world – board set, after you just rolled out two games with a new (now defunct?) board set... and that you've used two different boardset platforms prior, blows my mind. I think everyone should be paying attention.

A long reply…

First- Zach- thanks so much for all of the work with TPN. It is truly incredible the amount of work that you put into pinball, answering emails, and running a full-time business as well as going to so many shows. I used to listen to the news when in my car, but that is so damn depressing that I listen to TPN and even reruns if necessary. You guys are great. Yes, I have purchased games from flippin out pinball but also from several other dealers as well.

Second – comments about Spooky pinball are spot on IMO. I own every stern spike2 game and have had Willy Wonka, Toy story4, and Guns N’ Roses GGP game at my house. I had chances to purchase WOZ and POTC and passed those up. I also own American pinball games as well as an Alien (great theme and game-do NOT recommend outside the home). I enjoy playing and working on machines like most of you. Although not an operator, I do have two pins out on site at vacation rentals and have had some experience as to what games hold up out there.

Third – I thought I would never buy a Spooky game because of all that have been written and of some of the early Spooky games that I played. I was not impressed. A local arcade had a R and M- a dream theme- but it was always glitchy and mostly unplayable. A pinball buddy of mine put his Rick and Morty up for sale because he was so frustrated with it. He complained the shots were crazy difficult in the game too repetitive. So I took a chance because I really love the theme. Guess what? I had the same problems! WTF. So I swapped with my son and he did a flipper bushing upgrade and now the game is awesome.

I had a chance to buy an Ultraman at a discount price. I passed up on it initially. My pinball son, who is an excellent gamer/player, spent some time on this machine at his buddy’s house and reported that the game was a lot of fun. Unlike many of you, the theme definitely resonates with me as I grew up watching this crazy show. So I took another chance. Yeah, the geometry of this game is strange, but after multiple plays, it grows on you and it is a hell of a lot of fun. A nice change from my stable of Sterns. The upper playfields are very enjoyable for me. None of my other games are like this. Software is still very glitchy though.

So James Bond just came out and I was able to procure a limited edition, most likely because so many people bailed out on the price increase. Finally, I was on the list… The theme is big for me as I am a baby Boomer. The layout and shots are great. Code at this point is ridiculous (bad). In fact, the game is at my son’s house and he is pretty much done with it. Usually in my experience, early code is not too bad, but this is so lacking that it makes the machine boring. Do I regret my purchase? Not really. It will get better with time, based on past history…I hope…

Scooby Doo was announced. I thought I would pass on this as I did on Queen by pinball Brothers. However, after seeing the SD trailer, I caved in and I am on the list. Why? Theme, assets, and innovation. New boards? New mechs? Yeah risky.

Summary-

Stern is still the king with theme, development, and design. But they are pretty conservative and don’t really push the envelope. These games do have the least amount of hardware issues (especially the pros). On line IC and upgrades are leading the industry. Stern games are relatively spartan- low end speakers, lots of flat plastics- great for those of us who like to mod games. Stern also consistently upgrades code-HUGE. Stern pros are my choice for my vacation rentals. They also make the GOAT- Godzilla.

Spooky- killing it with great themes. They spend $$ on assets, voice actors, and hardware. So much included with their top tier games- excellent sound systems, speaker lights, molded plastics, toppers (ok- they could do better with these). Innovation. The bad? In my experience- not very reliable on site, glitchy software, and game geometry that can be frustrating if not dialed in correctly. When dialed in- so fun to play.

JJP- beautiful games (my GNR is definitely the top eye candy in my collection). Assets-usually pretty complete- great animations. Initially the innovation leader. Fun? Initially yes, but then…not so much. No long term code updates (come on JJP!). Reliable? For me, yeah, but I also don’t play these as much as my other games.
    They do see action during home league play and have held up for those nights.

American pinball- I have LOV and Hot wheels- both very fun and extremely reliable. I had a Houdini that fried its power supply- easily fixed, but quite spectacular to see actual smoke coming out of your machine (?new wizard mode). Themes? Not so great.

We all take chances with any pinball game purchase. Stern is the leader for good reason. Pinball design and manufacturing are difficult. We all want innovative, fun, affordable, reliable top theme games. Like all machines, each one has trade-offs and we have to figure out what we are willing to accept. I am so glad to have discovered this hobby and support all who attempt to build these expensive intricate boxes of fun.

#3902 1 year ago
    Quoted from GranpaDave:

A long reply…
    First- Zach- thanks so much for all of the work with TPN. It is truly incredible the amount of work that you put into pinball, answering emails, and running a full-time business as well as going to so many shows. I used to listen to the news when in my car, but that is so damn depressing that I listen to TPN and even reruns if necessary. You guys are great. Yes, I have purchased games from flippin out pinball but also from several other dealers as well.
    Second – comments about Spooky pinball are spot on IMO. I own every stern spike2 game and have had Willy Wonka, Toy story4, and Guns N’ Roses GGP game at my house. I had chances to purchase WOZ and POTC and passed those up. I also own American pinball games as well as an Alien (great theme and game-do NOT recommend outside the home). I enjoy playing and working on machines like most of you. Although not an operator, I do have two pins out on site at vacation rentals and have had some experience as to what games hold up out there.
    Third – I thought I would never buy a Spooky game because of all that have been written and of some of the early Spooky games that I played. I was not impressed. A local arcade had a R and M- a dream theme- but it was always glitchy and mostly unplayable. A pinball buddy of mine put his Rick and Morty up for sale because he was so frustrated with it. He complained the shots were crazy difficult in the game too repetitive. So I took a chance because I really love the theme. Guess what? I had the same problems! WTF. So I swapped with my son and he did a flipper bushing upgrade and now the game is awesome.
    I had a chance to buy an Ultraman at a discount price. I passed up on it initially. My pinball son, who is an excellent gamer/player, spent some time on this machine at his buddy’s house and reported that the game was a lot of fun. Unlike many of you, the theme definitely resonates with me as I grew up watching this crazy show. So I took another chance. Yeah, the geometry of this game is strange, but after multiple plays, it grows on you and it is a hell of a lot of fun. A nice change from my stable of Sterns. The upper playfields are very enjoyable for me. None of my other games are like this. Software is still very glitchy though.
    So James Bond just came out and I was able to procure a limited edition, most likely because so many people bailed out on the price increase. Finally, I was on the list… The theme is big for me as I am a baby Boomer. The layout and shots are great. Code at this point is ridiculous (bad). In fact, the game is at my son’s house and he is pretty much done with it. Usually in my experience, early code is not too bad, but this is so lacking that it makes the machine boring. Do I regret my purchase? Not really. It will get better with time, based on past history…I hope…
    Scooby Doo was announced. I thought I would pass on this as I did on Queen by pinball Brothers. However, after seeing the SD trailer, I caved in and I am on the list. Why? Theme, assets, and innovation. New boards? New mechs? Yeah risky.
    Summary-
    Stern is still the king with theme, development, and design. But they are pretty conservative and don’t really push the envelope. These games do have the least amount of hardware issues (especially the pros). On line IC and upgrades are leading the industry. Stern games are relatively spartan- low end speakers, lots of flat plastics- great for those of us who like to mod games. Stern also consistently upgrades code-HUGE. Stern pros are my choice for my vacation rentals. They also make the GOAT- Godzilla.
    Spooky- killing it with great themes. They spend $$ on assets, voice actors, and hardware. So much included with their top tier games- excellent sound systems, speaker lights, molded plastics, toppers (ok- they could do better with these). Innovation. The bad? In my experience- not very reliable on site, glitchy software, and game geometry that can be frustrating if not dialed in correctly. When dialed in- so fun to play.
    JJP- beautiful games (my GNR is definitely the top eye candy in my collection). Assets-usually pretty complete- great animations. Initially the innovation leader. Fun? Initially yes, but then…not so much. No long term code updates (come on JJP!). Reliable? For me, yeah, but I also don’t play these as much as my other games.
    They do see action during home league play and have held up for those nights.
    American pinball- I have LOV and Hot wheels- both very fun and extremely reliable. I had a Houdini that fried its power supply- easily fixed, but quite spectacular to see actual smoke coming out of your machine (?new wizard mode). Themes? Not so great.
    We all take chances with any pinball game purchase. Stern is the leader for good reason. Pinball design and manufacturing are difficult. We all want innovative, fun, affordable, reliable top theme games. Like all machines, each one has trade-offs and we have to figure out what we are willing to accept. I am so glad to have discovered this hobby and support all who attempt to build these expensive intricate boxes of fun.

Thorough and a good read. Thanks!

#3903 1 year ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 28: Let’s Unmask The Scooby Doo Reveal

Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie

In this episode we discuss our thoughts on the Scooby Doo reveal and the gameplay footage that is currently online. We also talk about Joel’s first experience streaming Bond, as well as what he enjoyed at Pincinnati. Tom and Travis talk WPPRS while Joel zones out. We also talk about the high stakes drama on whether overhead lights should be left ON or OFF during pinball tournaments. You’ll have to tune in for our HOT TAKES on this exciting issue!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tripledrain Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tripledrainpodcast/
    Email: [email protected]
    Merch: https://silverballswag.com/collections/triple-drain-pinball-podcast
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/triple_drain
    Shoutout to Jackson Gee and his incredible artwork.
    jacksongee.com

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-2aefa-1342834

CB9B1F77-AA80-4917-AE67-F8B2B0D31BE6 (resized).pngCB9B1F77-AA80-4917-AE67-F8B2B0D31BE6 (resized).png
    #3904 1 year ago

Travis, your Canon M50 has a 30 min shutoff time when you use it as a streaming video source. But you know that.

There is a workaround.

Purchase CamLink 4. This coverts your USB connection to HDMI for HQ streaming. Use that to connect your camera to your computer.

Download the EOS Utility 3 software onto your computer. Run the software and do not close it out during a streaming session. All you have to do is open it and run it… you don’t have to fiddle with any settings within the software. Open it, minimize it. Let it be.

Connect your camera to your Wi-Fi network.

Make sure (in camera settings) that you initiate Wi-Fi connection between your camera and your computer. While your camera makes the connection it will tell you to start the EOS software, but you’ve already done that.

And that’s it. You are now free to stream for hours on end without having your camera shutoff every 30 min.

It’s that simple, and, yes, it works. The only downside is that you can’t use autofocus when streaming… have to go to manual.

If you need help, PM me and I’ll send you a quick video showing you how to make it work.

#3905 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Travis, your Canon M50 has a 30 min shutoff time when you use it as a streaming video source. But you know that.
    There is a workaround.
    Purchase CamLink 4. This coverts your USB connection to HDMI for HQ streaming. Use that to connect your camera to your computer.
    Download the EOS Utility 3 software onto your computer. Run the software and do not close it out during a streaming session. All you have to do is open it and run it… you don’t have to fiddle with any settings within the software. Open it, minimize it. Let it be.
    Connect your camera to your Wi-Fi network.
    Make sure (in camera settings) that you initiate Wi-Fi connection between your camera and your computer. While your camera makes the connection it will tell you to start the EOS software, but you’ve already done that.
    And that’s it. You are now free to stream for hours on end without having your camera shutoff every 30 min.
    It’s that simple, and, yes, it works. The only downside is that you can’t use autofocus when streaming… have to go to manual.
    If you need help, PM me and I’ll send you a quick video showing you how to make it work.

No doubt Travis needs help but I don't think you want to take that responsibility on...

#3906 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

No doubt Travis needs help but I don't think you want to take that responsibility on...

Happy to help. It’s easy

#3907 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Happy to help. It’s easy

*Shudders* And that my friends is how to become forever technical support!

#3908 1 year ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 64: Slosh

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins

A special guest host this episode with Jeff. Marty couldn't make it, so talking in his place is a bottle of gin...or several. Hear what Marty really thinks as the truth serum flows. Happy Holidays!

Direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-d98g3-1344dbc

3E8505C0-8DED-4F9A-8AC8-6D93F03F1467 (resized).jpeg3E8505C0-8DED-4F9A-8AC8-6D93F03F1467 (resized).jpeg
    #3909 1 year ago

FLIP N OUT PINBALL PRESENTS...

Just Another Pinball Podcast Episode 35: Catching Up With George Gomez To End 2022

Host: Joel Engelberth
    Special Guest: George Gomez, Chief Creative Officer, Stern Pinball

In this episode Joel gets the chance to really dive deep into the mind of design icon George Gomez. They discuss some of his James Bond design decisions, as well as clarification on some of Stern Pinball's recent leadership changes. Truthfully, they discussed way too much to be simplified here as a description, because Our Home Gomie was dropping nuggets all throughout the interview!!!

Enjoy...

Stream: twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball
    Check out Joel's other podcast Triple Drain Pinball Podcast! (Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/triple_drain)
    Purchase your next pinball or arcade machine or accessory from Flip N Out Pinball
    flipnoutpinball.com or [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4j4m2-13489da

just another pinball logo square2  (resized).pngjust another pinball logo square2 (resized).png
    #3910 1 year ago

LINK TO VIDEO SHOW OF GEORGE GOMEZ INTERVIEW

#3911 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

LINK TO VIDEO SHOW OF GEORGE GOMEZ INTERVIEW

Awesome stuff joelbob -- thanks for putting the time into making these in-depth interviews happen!

Great news on that Jack Danger / Tanyo Klyce team-up. I know Jack is a huge fan of deadpool so hopefully Tanyo and him can recreate some of that special sauce on Jack's cornerstone.

#3912 1 year ago

Is this another new interview, ??? I just watched one Saturday.... same or new?

#3913 1 year ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Is this another new interview, ??? I just watched one Saturday.... same or new?

Same. We just released the audio only version late. Thanks for watching!

#3914 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Same. We just released the audio only version late. Thanks for watching!

Glad the audio podcast is out. Tough to stream video.

#3915 1 year ago

Audio podcast.. got it... I should have read closer. Thanks.

#3916 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

FLIP N OUT PINBALL PRESENTS...
    Just Another Pinball Podcast Episode 35: Catching Up With George Gomez To End 2022
    Host: Joel Engelberth
    Special Guest: George Gomez, Chief Creative Officer, Stern Pinball
    In this episode Joel gets the chance to really dive deep into the mind of design icon George Gomez. They discuss some of his James Bond design decisions, as well as clarification on some of Stern Pinball's recent leadership changes. Truthfully, they discussed way too much to be simplified here as a description, because Our Home Gomie was dropping nuggets all throughout the interview!!!
    Enjoy...
    Stream: twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball
    Check out Joel's other podcast Triple Drain Pinball Podcast! (Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/triple_drain)
    Purchase your next pinball or arcade machine or accessory from Flip N Out Pinball
    flipnoutpinball.com or [email protected]
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4j4m2-13489da[quoted image]

Joel - FANTASTIC interview. Thanks for taking the time to do this… George G. represents such a positive, grounded, force in the industry and you’re a great person to guide the chat.

A+ stuff

#3917 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Joel - FANTASTIC interview. Thanks for taking the time to do this… George G. represents such a positive, grounded, force in the industry and you’re a great person to guide the chat.
    A+ stuff

Thank you very much for the kind words!

#3918 1 year ago

The Aussie Pinball Podcast Episode 12: The Goat Shed

Host: Dr. John Cosson
    Special Guests: Graham McGuiness & Kim Oswald

Graham and Kim have been repairing and restoring electromechanical pinball machines for close to 40 years and are based in Newcastle. They have had a hand in creating Pinfest, writing many pinball articles, and Graham helped co-author books with our last guest Marco Rossignoli. They currently run a repair service and teach courses at their Goat Shed location to pass on the knowledge needed to keep these classic games in top condition.

Music:
    The Twilights – Needs in a Haystack and Bad Boy
    The Saints – Stranded and Burn Like Firewood

Movies:
    Alvin Purple and Star Struck

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-abzs8-134c1d7

aussie podcast pinball logo (resized).pngaussie podcast pinball logo (resized).png
    #3919 1 year ago

The Pinball Show Episode 120 Part 1: The Meat

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Stern Pinball Q3/Q4 Production Schedule
    - Backbreakers & Non-Winners
    - James Bond 007 60th Anniversary Launch Details
    - Leadership Changes At Stern Pinball
    - Cost Projections Vs Limited Production Runs
    - Stern Pinball 2023 Predictions

Follow, like, and subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN), the industry leader in pinball broadcasting.

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-2na82-13521bd

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    #3920 1 year ago

Me waiting...

Bond Watch (resized).jpgBond Watch (resized).jpg
    #3921 1 year ago

The Pinball Show Episode 120 Part 2: The Potatoes

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Ben Heck's Spooky Game & Launch 
    - Spooky Pinball 2023 Predictions
    - Haggis Pinball's Fathom Revisited Continue To Land In The States
    - What's Next From Haggis Pinball
    - Haggis Pinball 2023 Predictions
    - More Cactus Canyon LEs Shipping
    - Chicago Gaming Company 2023 Predictions
    - Pinball Brothers Combine With Pedretti Gaming
    - Pinball Brothers 2023 Predictions
    - Jersey Jack Pinball 2023 Predictions
    - Multimorphic P3 2023 Predictions
    - American Pinball 2023 Predictions
    - Dutch Pinball 2023 Predictions

Follow, like, and subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN), the industry leader in pinball broadcasting.

email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-qgd2i-135366d

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    #3922 1 year ago

*JUST RELEASED*

The Pinball Episode 120 Parts 1-3: The Meat, The Potatoes, & The Ice Cream Sundae

Part 1: The Meat
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-2na82-13521bd

Part 2: The Potatoes
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-qgd2i-135366d

Part 3: The Ice Cream Sundae
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-84ntn-1353980

Stern Production Updates
    2023 Predictions
    The Pinball Awards Announced

email: [email protected]

#3924 1 year ago

So, ZMeny @dennisk, where is the ballot?

#3925 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

So, ZMeny DennisK, where is the ballot?

Public ballot request form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZ976JB
    Judges ballot request form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8M63VZV

Ballots will go out next week after all the review (confirming judges meet the criteria and all that). Cut-off on the request forms is on January 7th (well, subject to your time zone).

#3926 1 year ago

Exciting Updates for the 2022 Awards!

At The Pinball Network (TPN) we’re always looking to better represent the pinball hobby and push the vision of fun and entertainment further with everything we do. We’ve been working hard to make the greatest awards show in pinball where we can celebrate, honor, entertain and exceed expectations.

-- The Pinball Industry Awards are now ‘The Pinball Awards!’ --

The Pinball Network, the premier pinball hobbyist entertainment collective, announced today that it has changed the name of the annual Pinball Industry Awards (PIAs) to ‘The Pinball Awards’ (TPAs). The name change was prompted by a deep discussion by The Pinball Awards Committee to create a brand which is a better representation of our event. We strive to be the greatest celebration of the pinball hobby and we believe this new name reflects our profound passion for pinball.

-- A NEW Live Ceremony January 28th, 2023 --

This year we’re going BIG!

Zach and Nicole Meny of Flip N Out Pinball will be hosting a group of Pinball Hobbyist Personalities in the 'Flip N Out Theatre'. The amazing Don’t Panic Flip will be producing a live online ceremony streamed simultaneously on YouTube, Facebook and Twitch. Just search, ‘The Pinball Network’ in one of those platforms to subscribe and follow the event!

There will be prizes, surprises and guest presenters from all over the pinball hobby!

-- Expanding the Voting Criteria with a Public Voting Component --

We have heard your feedback and you’re now more involved than ever!
    The inspiration for The Pinball Awards has always been the wildly successful Game Awards. As such, we have decided to incorporate their voting methodology to better represent the whole pinball hobbyist community, not just the selected few Pinball Hobbyist Personalities Judges. '

-- What Prompted this Change? --

The TPA Committee is always looking to expand our awards show, build on diversity and inclusion to better represent the hobby. Moreover, we’ve had requests to open the judging pool with a public vote component to better reflect of the hobby!
    Last year, we greatly increased the breadth of the vetted Hobbyist Personality Judges eligibility criteria by including Top 100 overall players, Top 100 Women’s IFPA players and Social Media Content Providers. However, we did not see the growth in gender diversity, ethnic diversity, and the size of the Hobbyist Personality Judging Pool, as we had expected.

-- How Are the Winner Selected? What is the New Voting Methodology? --

Winners are determined by a blended vote between the vetted Pinball Hobbyist Personality Judging Pool voting (90%) and public voting (10%).

-- Why Can’t the Public Be 100% of the Vote? --

It is important to The Pinball Awards Committee that the winners are not ‘socially engineered’, the voting system isn’t exploited, and the vote represent the pinball hobby. The blended methodology provides a more credible and authentic winner.

-- Where Can Pinball Hobbyist Personalities Vote? --

Pinball Hobbyist Personality must request a ballot before January 7th, 2023 and be vetted before voting.

The Judges Application can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8M63VZV

-- Where Can the Public Vote? --

Members of the public can request a ballot by January 7th, 2023, once reviewed they will receive a ballot to vote.

You can request a public ballot here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZ976JB

-- What about the Pinball Machine Hall of Fame? --

The 2022 Pinball Machine Hall of Fame voting is also open to everyone here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DC533P2

Thanks for another year of support and we’re excited for the 2022 Pinball Awards!

The TPA Committee Members,

Dennis, Amanda, Mike, Joel, David, Zach and George

For more information about TPA and the Hobbyist Personality Judging Criteria visit www.pinballawards.com

323358275_623994039530977_8807190044312159772_n (resized).jpg323358275_623994039530977_8807190044312159772_n (resized).jpg
    #3927 1 year ago

Well done, excited for this change and I think it will do wonders for the awards (and the hobby for that matter)!

#3928 1 year ago

I enjoyed the 3 part show. I had a lot of driving at work and it kept me entertained. Thanks for all the content - also have enjoyed the new sdtm videos

#3929 1 year ago

Pinball Party Podcast Episode 15: Not Dead and Not Edited

Host: Jason
    Guest hosts: Doc Monday and Cale Hernandez

Just smooshed full of content! Cale and Doc are super generous with their time...TWICE...to help talk breaking Bond news, The Pinball Awards Party, Scooby talk, 2023 stuff, celebrity pinball conversation, Grandma's Boy review...and sac tappin. Barely any editing so forgive any errors please

Show notes:

- Ain’t No Pinball Awards Party Without Pinball Party Podcast!
    - Bond 60th Anniversary breaking news discussion!
    - Sick of FOMO in pinball...figure it out
    - Pinball Pantry
    - More Nudge talk
    - Cale loves Scooby and JJP!
    - Grandma's Boy review (1:23)
    - Celebrity pinball competition (1:38)
    - 2023 looking ahead

Nudge Pinball: www.nudgepinball.com
    Voicemail: (262)-528-6625
    Neon Dale: https://www.neondale.com
    The Pinball Awards: pinballawards.com

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-iiwpc-1355d65

19717519-8151-411E-9931-1A418B83C400 (resized).png19717519-8151-411E-9931-1A418B83C400 (resized).png
    #3930 1 year ago

@wildrover
    On the podcast when you said “no I didn’t order a Scooby-Doo, I’m not stupid.” Care to elaborate on that?

#3931 1 year ago
    Quoted from Danzig:

WildRover
    On the podcast when you said “no I didn’t order a Scooby-Doo, I’m not stupid.” Care to elaborate on that?

Sure - Musing that buying this during a time of economic struggle without playing it, knowing if it would immediately drop in price, have 'good enough' code, or even fully function would be stupid on my part for a theme that provides me no emotional uplift. Would it make others stupid for buying it? - no...but rather my inner voice being honest with myself.

(Thanks for listening btw!)

#3932 1 year ago

Here’s video of the Bond 60th topper that I shot yesterday… you’ve probably seen this @zmeny, but just in case you haven’t:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/24#post-7336041

#3933 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Here’s video of the Bond 60th topper that I shot yesterday… you’ve probably seen this ZMeny, but just in case you haven’t:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/24#post-7336041

Hell yeah buddy thanks that's actually pretty damn awesome! A lot of code can be dedicated to the interactivity of it due to the lighting design. Thanks for sharing. DAMN I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!

#3934 1 year ago

OKAY Y'ALL

It's time for The 2022 Pinball Awards and TODAY is the LAST DAY for YOU to sign-up to become a judge for this year's program

Fast, Easy, & Fun

If you're a fan of pinball and have paid attention to the new games of the year and the media covering them, sign up as a PUBLIC MEMBER.

If you create media for pinball or if you are a high-level competition player, sign up as a JUDGE.

Public ballot request form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZ976JB
    Judges ballot request form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8M63VZV

ALSO, tune in LIVE on January 28th at youtube.com/thepinballnetwork to watch The Pinball Awards! AND WIN FREE PRIZES AND GIVEAWAYS!!!

#3935 1 year ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 29: Elwin's Bond 60th Anniversary Is FINALLY Here!

Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie

In this episode we discuss our thoughts on everything involved in Stern Pinball’s latest release, James Bond 007 60th Anniversary Edition, designed by Keith Elwin. We not only break down our thoughts about the actual game itself, but we also share our opinions on the price and overall public reception. This leads us down multiple rabbit holes that we would love for you to join us in. We also discuss TWIPY voting as well as INDISC and State Competitions coming up. Hopefully you all enjoy our first episode of 2023 and OUR FIRST VIDEO RECORDING!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tripledrain
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tripledrainpodcast/
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@tripledrain
    Merch: https://silverballswag.com/collections/triple-drain-pinball-podcast
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/triple_drain
    Shoutout to Jackson Gee and his incredible artwork - www.jacksongee.com

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-g8br9-13595ce

triple drain logo alternate 2 (resized).pngtriple drain logo alternate 2 (resized).png
    #3936 1 year ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Episode 29

FIRST EPISODE OF 2023

VIDEO VERSION!!!

#3937 1 year ago

Pinball Party Podcast Episode 15.5: Bond Bond Bond

Host: Jason
    Guest hosts: a guitar

I've played a lot of Stern's James Bond recently and thought more about the 60th Anniversary Super Duper LE... Lets talk more and ONLY about that.

Show notes:
    - Stern's James Bond 60th Anniversary talk
    - Stern's James Bond Pro updated impressions

Pinball Awards: pinballawards.com 
    Voicemail: (262)-528-6625
    Email: [email protected] 
    Neon Dale: https://www.neondale.com  

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-33kw8-135c614

pinball party logolabel black (resized).pngpinball party logolabel black (resized).png
    #3938 1 year ago

Looks like Travis did follow my advice. LOL… oh well, you can lead a horse to water…

#3939 1 year ago

Was covering home theater at CES, but stopped by to hang out with Stern. Super nice folks, got to see and play Bond 60th.

You can give this a watch if you're curious to see some topper footage, and hear what Zach has to say about the price tag... and some reasons behind the creation of a ltd. edition game.

Including it here, because the TPN crowd is definitely my speed.

#3940 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Was covering home theater at CES, but stopped by to hang out with Stern. Super nice folks, got to see and play Bond 60th.
    You can give this a watch if you're curious to see some topper footage, and hear what Zach has to say about the price tag... and some reasons behind the creation of a ltd. edition game.

wow, very cool and I cant wait to dive into this on this coming week's The Pinball Show!

#3941 1 year ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 65: Eligible

Hosts: Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis

Another Round of pinball chat, including:

- Pinball Award Eligibility
    -Holiday Recap
    - State Championships
    - Godzilla Review
    - Pinball Art
    - Bond 60th Anniversary Machine
    - Spinners vs Ramps
    - Jeff's Career Advice
    - INDISC

Direct feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    Instagram: @finalroundpinballpodcast

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cga8k-135e9a9

final round 65 thumbnail (resized).jpegfinal round 65 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    #3942 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

-Holiday Recap
    - State Championships
    - Godzilla Review
    - Pinball Art
    - Spinners vs Ramps
    - Jeff's Career Advice
    - INDISC
    [quoted image]

Good, Mabel gets a walk then. She precisely times her evacuations to coincide with the sound of Jeff's voice.

#3943 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

-Holiday Recap
    - State Championships
    - Godzilla Review
    - Pinball Art
    - Spinners vs Ramps
    - Jeff's Career Advice
    - INDISC
    [quoted image]

Wow. Marty, quite the red carpet you laid out for Keith!

#3944 1 year ago

When are we getting Zac-Wayne and Garth-Greg again?

EHOH is about to be ran again (finally)..... updated review with updated scores? (Please-Please)

How has she aged? A washed up pin has-been or more beautiful than ever?

SHWING!!!

(P.S. - Good luck on the video Twipy Zac and Greg)

#3945 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

When are we getting Zac-Wayne and Garth-Greg again?
    EHOH is about to be ran again (finally)..... updated review with updated scores? (Please-Please)
    How has she aged? A washed up pin has-been or more beautiful than ever?
    SHWING!!!
    (P.S. - Good luck on the video Twipy Zac and Greg)

That really is a most excellent suggestion

#3946 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

That was good .
    One thing I don't get is why can't Americans say Daniel CrAig for some reason you call him Daniel Kreg .

#3947 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

That was good .
    One thing I don't get is why can't Americans say Daniel CrAig for some reason you call him Daniel Kreg .

Because his name is Daniel Kreg

#3948 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Because his name is Daniel Kreg

Also love the way you guys say aluminium

#3949 1 year ago

And Jenny Kreg.

And Kreg Bobbie.

Weird.

rd

#3950 1 year ago

Kreg Ferguson
    Kreg Robinson
    Kreg T Nelson

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.