(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 97.
    #3701 1 year ago

ZMeny I’m going to have to order a pin from you one of these days, just because you’re a great guy and a real asset to the community.

#3702 1 year ago

No one asked for it... No one needs it, but if you'd like to support the show, get access to our private discord, have early ad-free access to our monthly podcasts and get some sweet sweet swag... Join our Patreon! Join for a month or two, join as an EL-lisits, get a T-Shirt.

Prices Below are in Canadian... Image the savings as an American!

https://www.patreon.com/silverballchronicles
    Patreon (resized).jpgPatreon (resized).jpg

#3703 1 year ago
    Quoted from Danzig:

ZMeny I’m going to have to order a pin from you one of these days, just because you’re a great guy and a real asset to the community.

He also smells of pine and fresh cut grass...

#3704 1 year ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

No one asked for it... No one needs it, but if you'd like to support the show, get access to our private discord, have early ad-free access to our monthly podcasts and get some sweet sweet swag... Join our Patreon! Join for a month or two, join as an EL-lisits, get a T-Shirt.
    [quoted image]

In american money, you pay us to listen.

#3705 1 year ago

What is a Discord server exactly? I imagine it being like an AOL chatroom?

#3706 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

What is a Discord server exactly? I imagine it being like an AOL chatroom?

A pretty good analogy. Discord is a program that is free to use (it has paid options as well). People can make a Discord server and it is sort of akin to a chatroom. People get invited to the server (it can be public, invite-only, etc.).

Within the server you create channels, usually organized around topic. Within each of those it is like one big chat (sort of like a specific message thread on a forum).

#3707 1 year ago

Well we decided to do it as well. Here is a link to our Patreon. Our podcasts will not be behind a paywall and will continue to be free to all but we thought it was worth opening a Patreon if people would like to support it. On Twitch you have the ability to Sub to your favorite channels but there isn't anything like that with podcasting so this is what we have. No pressure obviously and any money we raise will go back into improving the quality of the show and paying for designing and selling merch. Maybe we should make a tier where Tom will record your voicemail for you...

https://www.patreon.com/triple_drain
    Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 2.26.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-29 at 2.26.51 PM (resized).png

#3708 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Well we decided to do it as well. Here is a link to our Patreon.

Fixed. It's all about exposure.

triple-drain-patreon (resized).jpgtriple-drain-patreon (resized).jpg

#3709 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Well we decided to do it as well. Here is a link to our Patreon. Our podcasts will not be behind a paywall and will continue to be free to all but we thought it was worth opening a Patreon if people would like to support it. On Twitch you have the ability to Sub to your favorite channels but there isn't anything like that with podcasting so this is what we have. No pressure obviously and any money we raise will go back into improving the quality of the show and paying for designing and selling merch. Maybe we should make a tier where Tom will record your voicemail for you...
    https://www.patreon.com/triple_drain
    [quoted image]

The... Worst...

#3710 1 year ago

Full disclosure before I continue, I do not listen to Kaneda but I do see the chatter on Pinside as well as hear it on other podcasts, so I am aware of the broad strokes of his on goings.

Zach makes a personal statement about Kaneda's antics and how they are affecting his life. Great statement, and I applaud Zach for standing up for not only him and his family but for calling out his pattern of poor behaviour. Some of the subsequent discussion here turns towards how much Kaneda is earning on Patreon and the fact many are producing content for free. And now today 2 TPN podcasts have put up Patreon's should people want to support them.

All the power to you, it's your platform and it is well within your right to ask for financial support, but with the timing of events I feel Kaneda is gonna have a field day with this. Don't get me wrong, other pinball podcasts have had Patreon supporters without holding content behind a paywall long before this, but again the timing and the optics seem to be teeing this up for him to rail further against TPN for "copying" him.

At the end of the day who cares right, but it just seems with how this rolled out that you might be feeding the troll. Just my 2 cents.

#3711 1 year ago

It’s a lot of work to produce content. I think Patreon is a great way for people that enjoy the content to give back if they choose. The twitch cut is crazy. I hope Patreon gives you a better split.

#3712 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Full disclosure before I continue, I do not listen to Kaneda but I do see the chatter on Pinside as well as hear it on other podcasts, so I am aware of the broad strokes of his on goings.
    Zach makes a personal statement about Kaneda's antics and how they are affecting his life. Great statement, and I applaud Zach for standing up for not only him and his family but for calling out his pattern of poor behaviour. Some of the subsequent discussion here turns towards how much Kaneda is earning on Patreon and the fact many are producing content for free. And now today 2 TPN podcasts have put up Patreon's should people want to support them.
    All the power to you, it's your platform and it is well within your right to ask for financial support, but with the timing of events I feel Kaneda is gonna have a field day with this. Don't get me wrong, other pinball podcasts have had Patreon supporters without holding content behind a paywall long before this, but again the timing and the optics seem to be teeing this up for him to rail further against TPN for "copying" him.
    At the end of the day who cares right, but it just seems with how this rolled out that you might be feeding the troll. Just my 2 cents.

I appreciate your feedback. To be honest, I really don’t care what he will say because I don’t listen to his content. Podcasting is work. It’s fun work don’t get me wrong but recording for a few hours and then editing for a few hours really starts to add up over time. I’m glad I’m part of a show that people seem to enjoy. We just recently hired an artist to help us design a new logo/shirt that costs us a decent chunk of cash. We paid the final invoice this morning. This is cash straight from our pockets because we have earned almost nothing from our show so far. Like maybe $40 in merch sales. I applaud Kaneda for finding a way to make money doing this hobby but I know Travis, Tom and I don’t want to put our content behind a paywall. The only reason we started the Patreon is to give listeners an option to support us if they want to. Twitch has Subs and Bits. Podcasting has nothing. You are probably right that the timing isn’t the greatest but this has been something we have been discussing for quite a while. Starting a Patreon will not impact our show and its content in any way besides giving us some funds that we can put back into the show.

#3713 1 year ago

A few days ago, I thought Patreon was a tequila.

Both are too expensive for my tastes. I'm not giving anyone money to talk to me about pinball and well liquor is just fine.

#3714 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

A few days ago, I thought Patreon was a tequila.
    Both are too expensive for my tastes. I'm not giving anyone money to talk to me about pinball and well liquor is just fine.

Well the good news for you is our podcast will continue to remain free!

#3715 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

I appreciate your feedback. To be honest, I really don’t care what he will say because I don’t listen to his content. Podcasting is work. It’s fun work don’t get me wrong but recording for a few hours and then editing for a few hours really starts to add up over time. I’m glad I’m part of a show that people seem to enjoy. We just recently hired an artist to help us design a new logo/shirt that costs us a decent chunk of cash. We paid the final invoice this morning. This is cash straight from our pockets because we have earned almost nothing from our show so far. Like maybe $40 in merch sales. I applaud Kaneda for finding a way to make money doing this hobby but I know Travis, Tom and I don’t want to put our content behind a paywall. The only reason we started the Patreon is to give listeners an option to support us if they want to. Twitch has Subs and Bits. Podcasting has nothing. You are probably right that the timing isn’t the greatest but this has been something we have been discussing for quite a while. Starting a Patreon will not impact our show and its content in any way besides giving us some funds that we can put back into the show.

TL;DR
    Throw Joel some coin so he can put a cool branded merch shirt on his back and maybe try to get those embarrassing tats removed. He shouldn't be punished forever for three bad decisions from his youth.
    Joel_Gahan (resized).jpgJoel_Gahan (resized).jpg

#3716 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

TL;DR
    Throw Joel some coin so he can put a cool branded merch shirt on his back and maybe try to get those embarrassing tats removed. He shouldn't be punished forever for three bad decisions from his youth.
    [quoted image]

Victor I think it’s your goal to make sure the internet never forgets and I appreciate your commitment doing it.

#3717 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Victor I think it’s your goal to make sure the internet never forgets and I appreciate your commitment doing it.

Promotion, baby. That image is promotional gold. The What? How? Whycome? questions it produces are endless.

#3718 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

I understand what you're saying. Overall I just enjoy making content and building out the podcast. Honestly, I hope our content last well beyond our active years and continue to tell the cool stories of pinball.

Something just feels icky about asking for money for making the podcast. I didn't go this route before because I don't want to seem like I'm begging or demanding compensation something I enjoy and I'm making for the community... I didn't want to seem like I'm insincere or I'm only doing this for money. I'm not really money oriented like that.

This week I just said, "get over your ego. I'll give it a go... If 10 people want to say thank you for making content, let them!"

I also plan on asking for TWIPY votes regularly this year. I'm coming for ya Kaneda!

#3719 1 year ago

Thank you to all the content creators at TPN. I appreciate all your hard work and enjoy the shows! Thanks for providing so many hours of entertaining content

#3720 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Well the good news for you is our podcast will continue to remain free!

Frankly, your podcast would be the one I might consider paying for.

Ha, you're leaving $3 on the table, sucker! You're the financial commercial guy, right? Should know better.

#3721 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

TL;DR
    [quoted image]

That photo makes me think I'm looking at a trail cam screen capture in an outhouse.

#3722 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Frankly, your podcast would be the one I might consider paying for.
    Ha, you're leaving $3 on the table, sucker! You're the financial commercial guy, right? Should know better.

Haha no that’s David with Silverball Chronicles. He might be worth the loonies or whatever Canadian currency he needs.

#3723 1 year ago

For what it’s worth, Kaneda said on a FB live that it’s great that they’re putting together a patreon. That content creators like triple drain spend hundreds of hours curating content that takes a ton of talent and effort and we as a pinball community should show support for the folks who work hard to entertain us.
    I agree with that opinion. All these guys do a ton of work in this niche hobby and tossing a few bucks a month to people you enjoy should be SOP in this hobby like it is in most video game/twitch circles.

Quoted from Smack:

#3724 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

And now today 2 TPN podcasts have put up Patreon's should people want to support them.

I may partially be to blame. I activated Patreon on Eclectic Gamers Podcast earlier this week (before these two shows) and talked about it with the TPN folks (I won't link it here as it isn't a TPN podcast). Though all this discussion about paid content versus unpaid definitely brought it all back up with my EGP co-host and me.

We've discussed Patreon for a while. But similar to what David said I've always been a bit leery about it, never really liked asking for funds for a hobby. But then, a couple episodes ago, our RSS quit working with iTunes. It turned out to be a host problem but I spent hours looking into it, changing settings, emailing Apple and SoundCloud. And I was like, "why am I doing all this work for a hobby?" And then, this week, I looked at the mp3 content count for EGP... over 10 DAYS of recorded audio. Each one of those shows researched with background notes.

If I weren't over six years in on podcasting I might feel different. But one grows weary of fixing issues, hearing complaints from people who don't like your style and love to tell you about it, and waking up early and scheduling around all the programming, and so forth. And, if you're me, you start to wonder if people really even care that you do all this. So, I figured maybe we should try it, Tony was cool with it (I swear he brought Patreon up to me first but it was so long ago I no longer remember clearly), and I got it set. Figured we'd do it voluntary and see if people care or not, obligation free. If there's no interest, might be a good sign to just hang up the mic and do something else with the hours a week of free time I'll obtain. So, a real life experiment!

#3725 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

I appreciate your feedback. To be honest, I really don’t care what he will say because I don’t listen to his content. Podcasting is work. It’s fun work don’t get me wrong but recording for a few hours and then editing for a few hours really starts to add up over time.

Amen to that. I appreciate the work you put into your content as well as the rest of TPN and I will likely support these patreons. Seems this was more a matter of coincidence so perhaps I totally missed the mark.

#3726 1 year ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

For what it’s worth, Kaneda said on a FB live that it’s great that they’re putting together a patreon. That content creators like triple drain spend hundreds of hours curating content that takes a ton of talent and effort and we as a pinball community should show support for the folks who work hard to entertain us.
    I agree with that opinion. All these guys do a ton of work in this niche hobby and tossing a few bucks a month to people you enjoy should be SOP in this hobby like it is in most video game/twitch circles.

He is good at sucking up in the aftermath of being an ass hat

#3727 1 year ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

[quoted image]

Hmm, so if I join at the right level you will have to pay shipping for a tshirt to Norway, yes?

#3728 1 year ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 61: License To Tilt

Hosts: Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis

In this episode, we discuss:

- Podcast Robots
    - New Machines
    - Latest Pinball Pricing
    - Flight Cancellations
    - Flipping The Script
    - Pinball Shows
    - Fly Updates
    - Video Modes
    - And Emails

Direct Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram: @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

final round 61 (resized).jpegfinal round 61 (resized).jpeg
    #3730 1 year ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

About f*cking time geezus

Really enjoying your podcast. Glad you joined tpn or I would not have found it.

#3731 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Really enjoying your podcast. Glad you joined tpn or I would not have found it.

+ 1 for loving the podcast . I heard about it from the shout-out on the Final Round .
    Loved the Martin and Jeff robot , when it randomly said " Cunt " that really did make me laugh out loud

#3732 1 year ago

Thank you screaminr and @tomass! I'm grateful for TPN's ability to reach such a large pinball audience.

#3733 1 year ago

Keep up the great work .
    I hope you don't do it for years for the love of it , get us addicted and then one day decide you should be paid for your time and make us feel guilty for not giving money

#3734 1 year ago

Craig Bobbie - Bond, I could listen to your gong-goda-gong-gong all day long. Best segment intro ever. I’ve listened to it 007 times now.

#3735 1 year ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 24: We Are ALL IN On Galatic Tank Force

Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie

In this episode we discuss how ClePin ended and where we all finished. Then we discuss the official James Bond 007 reveal, as well as some of the video floating around the internet. We follow that rollercoaster and discuss how EXCITED we are for Galactic Tank Force and TNA’s newest code release! Oh and we get a little shilly when we talk about our new merch, as well as our new Patreon account. Lastly we HYPE District 82’s Super Series, all while laughing along the way. We hope you all have a great time listening and thank you so much for the support so far!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tripledrain
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tripledrainpodcast/
    Email: [email protected]
    Merch: https://silverballswag.com/collections/triple-drain-pinball-podcast
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/triple_drain

Shoutout to Jackson Gee and his incredible artwork. jacksongee.com

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4uyqv-12dcb56

Triple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).pngTriple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).png
    #3737 1 year ago

Solid episode, Triple Drainers! Please add me to list you are taking for Galatic Tank Force lunchboxes and specifically for a Collector’s Edition. I believe that 100 standard GTF lunch boxes will be acquired slowly, but the 10 GTF CE lunchboxes will likely sell in seconds. I need one, now! Hook a brother up.

#3738 1 year ago

Galactic Tank Force the lunchbox will win lunchbox of the year....mark it dude.

#3739 1 year ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

New product line from Triple Drain. All the new pinball titles, available on numbered lunchboxes. Limited editions? Collector editions? How deep do they wanna go? Add them to ya store and watch the company stock price skyrocket to the moon, baby. Could win TWIPY’s best accoutrement for each year.

#3740 1 year ago

Pinball Party Podcast Episode 7: Dreams

Host: Jason 

It's me, myself, and I again talking about various dreams. We keep trying to figure it out, talk about some new Bond footage, hear from a creep, dream about how amazing a new Superman pinball machine could be...and talk about a lot of people's dream-theme...Star Wars!

Show notes:

- Ever have one of those dreams?
    - Figure It Out
    - Listener check-in
    - Bond 007 jabber
    - Superman speculation
    - Stern's Star Wars review

Email: [email protected] 
    Voicemail: 262-528-6625

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-zu3us-12de864

pinball party logolabel black (resized).pngpinball party logolabel black (resized).png
    #3741 1 year ago
    Quoted from WildRover:

I don't know where Joel got that voice from but this lunchbox definitely needs "I like tanks! I like space!" on the packaging and possibly on the lunchbox itself as well.

This segment is amazing. Hype-tank is rollin!

#3742 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

I don't know where Joel got that voice from but this lunchbox definitely needs "I like tanks! I like space!" on the packaging and possibly on the lunchbox itself as well.
    This segment is amazing. Hype-tank is rollin!

I have no idea either… but let’s take this to the moon!!! Or even further!!!!

#3743 1 year ago

Triple Drain, Travis Murie. Flight 2000 has the spinner count. Maybe Scott should use my name. FYI: Scott seen my TNA with all Fluorescent Green plastic protectors, and as they say The Rest is History. Great show btw

#3744 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

Flight 2000 has the spinner count.

On stock code? Mine didn’t.

#3745 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:On stock code? Mine didn’t.

Yeah, mine does not either.

#3746 1 year ago

The latest Beatles code added spinner champ as well. I think it is a fun score to chase. Hopefully it becomes more prevalent.

#3747 1 year ago

Pretty sure I’m going to start a Patreon to support the time I spend on Pinside, posting and sharing information. My smartphone, desktop, and laptop weren’t cheap.

The way I figure, a few hundred to few thousand people are reading this drivel. And frankly, it blows my mind that anyone would want to read thoughts of mine that are, literally, conjured while sitting on the can.

But, honestly, it takes time to write and (sometimes) edit. May as well make a few bucks while I’m at it!

#3748 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

On stock code? Mine didn’t.

Chuck - where did you dig up the modded ROM for Big Game?

#3749 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Chuck - where did you dig up the modded ROM for Big Game?

Scott Charles. slochar

#3750 1 year ago

First game with a spinner rip high score board I can think of is Dragonfist?

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/75?hl=kbenson13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.