(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast Ep 21: Live Or Die - Make Your Ch

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,812 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png
    triple_drain_new_logo_sz5v26 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 7.45.45 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 97.
    #3451 1 year ago

Tripple Drain is fine in the beginning but the language gets courser and foul near the end passed the mid mark.

I turned on a episode of Final Round and hit with the C word bombs that made the movie "Fury" blush.

#3452 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 105: Rumor Corner
    Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny
    - Dennis Tells Us The Importance Of Coffee
    - Zach Tells Us The Importance Of Having A Shill Around During A Medical Emergency
    - Knapp Arcade Pinball Podcast
    - Stern Pinball Venom Rumors
    - Zach Says No New Game This Week
    - Stern Pinball Production Updates
    - Jersey Jack On SAPS
    - Upcoming Spooky Pinball Game(s) & Adding Coders To The Team
    - Dennis' Take On Recent American Pinball Interview
    - Galactic Tank Force w/Accessory Lunchbox
    - A Possible Change In Terms With Multimorphic
    - Not Being Rumortained
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Deal Of The Week
    Follow, like, and subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN), the industry leader in pinball broadcasting.
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4i6tu-1277e7c
    [quoted image]

Zach & Dennis , I enjoy all the stuff you put out and will always listen .
    Keep up the great work

#3453 1 year ago

Note, we've made a change in the intro as someone pointed out a joke we had was based on a real event. No offense was meant and thus we have removed that statement from future downloads, and we extend our apologies to anyone offended who heard the original version.

#3454 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Tripple Drain is fine in the beginning but the language gets courser and foul near the end passed the mid mark.
    I turned on a episode of Final Round and hit with the C word bombs that made the movie "Fury" blush.

Most of the TPN shows are explicit (in whole or in part). I'd give a list of those that are not but I probably won't be perfect on it. I'd say Silverball Chronicles, The Aussie Pinball Podcast, and Pinball Tapes all jump out as shows that I don't recall hearing profanity on. There's a key post in this thread with direct RSS feeds to those if you'd like to subscribe to just the clean ones.

#3455 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

What C word?

#3456 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Silverball Chronicles is PG!

#3457 1 year ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Most of the TPN shows are explicit (in whole or in part). I'd give a list of those that are not but I probably won't be perfect on it. I'd say Silverball Chronicles, The Aussie Pinball Podcast, and Pinball Tapes all jump out as shows that I don't recall hearing profanity on. There's a key post in this thread with direct RSS feeds to those if you'd like to subscribe to just the clean ones.

afterall we are all adults here... (well maybe most of us, nope scratch that, maybe some of us?)

#3458 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

What C word?

Coils? Cabinet?

#3459 1 year ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

afterall we are all adults here... (well maybe most of us, nope scratch that, maybe some of us?)

Sure, but I do know some people who like to listen to podcasts in the car with their kids present and that makes them uncomfortable. While I will swear on TPS (I try to limit myself to no more than two bad words per episode, not counting what Zach might sneak into his outtakes of course), over on the other podcast I do with Tony we bleep out all the swearing (and Tony and I swear A LOT in real life), and we've had a number of people write in over the years saying they like not having to worry about playing the show around kids.

#3460 1 year ago

I was thinking Caneda, but I think it starts with a K.

#3461 1 year ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Silverball Chronicles is PG!

Your Gottlieb system 80 ep gets played alot.

#3462 1 year ago

The insult for woman.

#3463 1 year ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Sure, but I do know some people who like to listen to podcasts in the car with their kids present and that makes them uncomfortable. While I will swear on TPS (I try to limit myself to no more than two bad words per episode, not counting what Zach might sneak into his outtakes of course), over on the other podcast I do with Tony we bleep out all the swearing (and Tony and I swear A LOT in real life), and we've had a number of people write in over the years saying they like not having to worry about playing the show around kids.

Eclectic gamers podcast gets played too.

#3464 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Interesting... As I pulled the short straw and I'm the one having to edit our Triple Drain episodes I've never thought about bleeping out Tom and Travis. If people would prefer that then I would consider doing it.

#3465 1 year ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

When DennisK is considered too dangerous for the airwaves or talking too much like a sailor, I need to clean out my hearing aid. If DennisK tells someone to f*off, they probably deserve it. I’d like to hear DennisK have an all out argument with Pinside Petey.

#3466 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Interesting... As I pulled the short straw and I'm the one having to edit our Triple Drain episodes I've never thought about bleeping out Tom and Travis. If people would prefer that then I would consider doing it.

Dont.

#3467 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

The insult for woman.

I still dont get it, please PM me what word your referring to.

#3468 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Catty

#3469 1 year ago

Oh. I thought it might had been christianity.

#3470 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Picturing this guy's inbox in a couple hours!

#3471 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Picturing this guy's inbox in a couple hours!

With pictures please!

#3472 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Naw, just put a disclaimer like Zach does and let people choose to listen at their discretion. I say let the F bombs fly. Less work for you as well.

#3473 1 year ago

Look, let Joel Bob run his podcast and not worry about second guessing himself. The Triple Drain podcast has been a nice source of pinball entertainment for me and I don't want it watered down.

I enjoy, really enjoy, the tournament discussions and how to approach different pins in a tournament. And I've never played in, nor plan to, play in any tournament except the local house ones among friends for fun. So that speaks to enjoying their banter regardless of the topics....well, I do skip forward a few minutes to get nonsense out of the way.

Job well done on the podcast and keep on doing what the three of you appear to enjoy doing with each other.

#3474 1 year ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Naw, just put a disclaimer like Zach does and let people choose to listen at their discretion. I say let the F bombs fly. Less work for you as well.

Agreed keep up the good work fellas

#3475 1 year ago

If you complain about swearing, yet you listen with your kids. I call bunk. Same nonsense as explict lyric labels in 80's and 90's. Stop the holier than thou nonsense. Just move on...

#3476 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Keep on doing your thing, TPN content creators. Clearly you've been doing things right!

#3477 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

If you complain about swearing, yet you listen with your kids. I call bunk. Same nonsense as explict lyric labels in 80's and 90's. Stop the holier than thou nonsense. Just move on...

Did I say I had kids? The two podcasts that I listen to is silverball chronicles and eclectic gamers.

I used to have a three strike rule on the third word the podcast episode was shelved.

Is it ok to describe pinball with expletives? Children and young kids should not be yelling and saying cuss words yet here we are.

My parents raised me up not to cuss. Cuss words should be radio active, they had bad meaning to them, but now everyone uses them like their going out of style.

Yes I had a job where a co worker referred to a certain group of women as dumpster "beeps"

#3478 1 year ago

Welp, dunno what to say. It's up to you to keep listening or not. Nothing else to say here about it. People use a variety of language and it is not a public "radio" airwaves either.

I sure hope for your safety, because people are fucking dangerous weirdos these days, you don't ask anyone in public to watch their mouth.

#3479 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

The insult for woman.

Moody doesn’t start with a C. Silly…

Cantankerous is our word, so that ain’t it. I’m out of ideas.

#3480 1 year ago

When Joel & Travis don’t let me talk I feel the need to cuss. I blame my south side of Chicago upbringing.

#3482 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

.. referred to a certain group of women as dumpster "beeps"

...More confused than ever...

#3483 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Did I say I had kids? The two podcasts that I listen to is silverball chronicles and eclectic gamers.
    I used to have a three strike rule on the third word the podcast episode was shelved.
    Is it ok to describe pinball with expletives? Children and young kids should not be yelling and saying cuss words yet here we are.
    My parents raised me up not to cuss. Cuss words should be radio active, they had bad meaning to them, but now everyone uses them like their going out of style.
    Yes I had a job where a co worker referred to a certain group of women as dumpster "beeps"

Did I directly refer to you?
    No matter what anyone says you gonna bmad regardless.

#3484 1 year ago

It used to be whenever someone complained about Zach’s show, he’d double down and keep doing it. I can’t wait for Episode 106 where 9 out of 10 words coming from Dennis’s mouth will be obscene or offending. By the end of that show we can reassess.

#3485 1 year ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Episode 20: Elgato No Signal

Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie

Twenty episodes in and Travis still can’t figure out how to do this correctly. We answer some of our Facebook submitted questions, talk about a new flipper mech on the market, Toy Story and Godzilla ownership, some Stern rumors, and different pinball companies reveal strategies. Tom Talks, Travis is just Travis, and Joel tries to keep it moving. Buckle up and have fun.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tripledrain
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tripledrainpodcast/
    Email: [email protected]
    Merch: https://silverballswag.com/collections/triple-drain-pinball-podcast

Shoutout to Jason Lieble and his the album he just released! Band name: Neon Dale Album: Cosmic Website: https://neondale.com/ ...and the album can be found on any music platform (Spotify, Apple music, Amazon etc)

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-qcxw4-127c206

Triple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).PNGTriple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).PNG
    #3486 1 year ago

Great show!

#3487 1 year ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

I say let the F bombs fly.

Yep , if we couldn't swear over here , no one would say anything .
    Our former prime minister

#3488 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Episode 20: Elgato No Signal
    Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie
    Twenty episodes in and Travis still can’t figure out how to do this correctly. We answer some of our Facebook submitted questions, talk about a new flipper mech on the market, Toy Story and Godzilla ownership, some Stern rumors, and different pinball companies reveal strategies. Tom Talks, Travis is just Travis, and Joel tries to keep it moving. Buckle up and have fun.
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tripledrain
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tripledrainpodcast/
    Email: [email protected]
    Merch: https://silverballswag.com/collections/triple-drain-pinball-podcast
    Shoutout to Jason Lieble and his the album he just released! Band name: Neon Dale Album: Cosmic Website: https://neondale.com/ ...and the album can be found on any music platform (Spotify, Apple music, Amazon etc)
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-qcxw4-127c206
    [quoted image]

Thanks for the shout out guys. Glad you're still enjoying the music

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/1hvxUXsbyHZ0v1f2TXz3ZV?si=sxMx-_2ATA6hYm_ZTu45cQ
    Apple: https://music.apple.com/us/album/cosmic/1630953295

#3489 1 year ago

Zach great episode 105. I’m getting into it now. Screaming goats, market trends and playing second fiddle to Dennis. FUN FUN FUN!

#3490 1 year ago

I fill ya, I fill ya. That's a really good dill.

#3491 1 year ago

Been listening to triple drain for awhile. One thing Joel said in past few episodes really bugged me. He was discussing JJP’s GNR with Travis, after initially falling in love with it. What’s weird imo, was many of the points he made for why he doesn’t like the game, are my same reasons for liking it. Come on Man, why don’t you still like GNR? What’s the real reasons? I know some people dislike and some hate GNR, but at least you know why. Come clean, has Stern bought you off? Let’s replay that tape and analyze it.

#3492 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Been listening to triple drain for awhile. One thing Joel said in past few episodes really bugged me. He was discussing JJP’s GNR with Travis, after initially falling in love with it. What’s weird imo, was many of the points he made for why he doesn’t like the game, are my same reasons for liking it. Come on Man, why don’t you still like GNR? What’s the real reasons? I know some people dislike and some hate GNR, but at least you know why. Come clean, has Stern bought you off? Let’s replay that tape and analyze it.

Ha. I’d love for Stern to “buy me off” but last I checked my bank account that hasn’t happened. I very much have a love/hate relationship with GNR. When you cash out a huge song jackpot it is an incredible feeling. Otherwise draining and losing it all can be soul crushing. My issue is the “grind” before the song. Having to gather the band members and increase the values of the songs really started to wear on me after a while. The songs themselves are incredible. If I had a larger collection I’d probably own this game but it doesn’t make my top three game list at the moment.

#3493 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Ha. I’d love for Stern to “buy me off” but last I checked my bank account that hasn’t happened. I very much have a love/hate relationship with GNR. When you cash out a huge song jackpot it is an incredible feeling. Otherwise draining and losing it all can be soul crushing. My issue is the “grind” before the song. Having to gather the band members and increase the values of the songs really started to wear on me after a while. The songs themselves are incredible. If I had a larger collection I’d probably own this game but it doesn’t make my top three game list at the moment.

I owned gnr and traded it for this exact reason. That and the video was from the concert but the music was from the original albums. So it didn't sync if you watched the concert footage.

#3494 1 year ago

The Pinball Tapes Episode 4: Cosmic Princess

Host: Zac Coligan

One Game. One Episode. This Is The Pinball Tapes.

In Episode 4 of The Pinball Tapes, Zac delivers listeners the goods...from outer-space! Bend the knee to the royal princess.

References/Notes can be found @ thepinball.network

twitter: therealtpn

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-8qqu5-12810f9

Pinball Tapes Logo (resized).jpgPinball Tapes Logo (resized).jpg
    #3495 1 year ago

The Pinball Show Episode 106: Queen Pinball Reveal & Common Sense Business Practices

Host: Zach Meny
    Special Guest Cohost: Joel Engelberth

- Jolie: The Everyman's Pinball Player
    - Queen Pinball Is Revealed
    - Analysis Of The New Queen Game
    - Non-Refundable Deposits & Committing To A Purchase Without Gameplay Video
    - Upcoming Event: Cactus Canyon Remake Stream w/CGC's Ryan White
    - Dead Rabbits
    - Stern Pinball Making A Splash At San Diego Comic-Con
    - Phase 4 Of Stern Pinball's Universe
    - Stern Pinball Production Updates & Accessories Timeline
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Joel's Shillformation Is Almost Complete
    - Pinuendo
    - Reviewing Pinball Is Hard

Follow, like, and subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN), the industry leader in pinball broadcasting.
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-yy4qq-1281818

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).png
    #3496 1 year ago

The Aussie Pinball Podcast Episode 7: Rob Milla

Host: Dr. John Cosson
    Special Guest: Rob Milla 

This episode welcomes Rob Milla, a resident of Townsville in Far North Queensland and current winner of the Australian Pinball Championships, last held in February 2020. Rob chats about living in the tropics, cane toads, chasing possums out of games, cleaning games with a garden hose, and the perils of swimming with jellyfish and crocodiles!

Pinball Cleaning clip: 

Music:
    Keith Urban – Walkin’ the Country
    Joe Dolce – Shut upa your face
    John Paul Young – Standing in the Rain
    The Living End – Prisoner of Society
    Russel Morris – The Real Thing
    Clips from:
    The Dish
    The Castle
    Dame Edna Everage
    Billy Connely
    Russel Coit
    The Two Ronnies

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-dicmh-1285985

aussie podcast pinball logo (resized).pngaussie podcast pinball logo (resized).png
    #3497 1 year ago
    TS4 toy story stream ad promo flip n out (resized).pngTS4 toy story stream ad promo flip n out (resized).png
    #3498 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

[quoted image]

Oh, Looking forward to hear what you guys have to say. I'll be there. FYI... Liked the topics on the latest Pinball Show.

#3499 1 year ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Oh, Looking forward to hear what you guys have to say. I'll be there. FYI... Liked the topics on the latest Pinball Show.

Cya there!

#3500 1 year ago

Joel Says Hello Everyone. Come hang out with us tonight LIVE streaming Toy Story 4 Pinball

Twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

497E9C82-0515-4757-BADE-038ABC7800F3 (resized).jpeg497E9C82-0515-4757-BADE-038ABC7800F3 (resized).jpegBD6847A2-683B-45B0-9F68-530E55128264 (resized).jpegBD6847A2-683B-45B0-9F68-530E55128264 (resized).jpeg
    There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.