(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 97.
    #3401 1 year ago

RandomTask

Data East/Stern is the CRTL+V and CRTL-C of pinball playfeild design.

It's always two ramps that feed to individual habit trails to a corsponding flipper.

#3402 1 year ago

The Pinball Show Episode 103: Toy Story 4 Release, Analysis, & Reactions

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- JJP Releases Toy Story 4 Pinball
    - TS4 Launch, Reactions, Models, Pricing, Features, Design, Rules, Licensing, Target Audience, & Operator Woes
    - Things I Like, Things I Don't About JJP Toy Story 4
    - Possibly Raising Lawlor's Jersey Into The Rafters
    - Stern Pinball Production Updates
    - Stern Pinball Insider Connected Worldwide Leaderboard Feature
    - TNA 2.0 Additional Details
    - Top Stories w/ Craig Bobbie
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - You Mad Bro?

Follow, like, and subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN), the industry leader in pinball broadcasting.

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-gibwx-1254fc9

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).png
    #3403 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

- TS4 Launch, Reactions, Models, Pricing, Features, Design, Rules, Licensing, Target Audience, & Operator Woes
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - You Mad Bro?
    Follow, like, and subscribe to The Pinball Network (TPN), the industry leader in pinball broadcasting.
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-gibwx-1254fc9[quoted image]

good show. Needs ….. more cow bell.

#3404 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

- Pinball Market Trends
    - You Mad Bro?
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-gibwx-1254fc9[quoted image]

Midway through the show but so far you haven't covered my biggest concern. Is it "Fennel Cakes" or "Funnel Cakes"? Because every county fair/carnival I've been to it's "Funnel Cakes". This is really bothering me for some reason, no offense to the fennel lovers out there.

#3405 1 year ago
    Quoted from dtrimberger:

Midway through the show but so far you haven't covered my biggest concern. Is it "Fennel Cakes" or "Funnel Cakes"? Because every county fair/carnival I've been to it's "Funnel Cakes". This is really bothering me for some reason, no offense to the fennel lovers out there.

Has to be a joke or something. It's "Fennel Cakes" in the game, too, which are apparently popular in Portugal?

ts4_fennel_cakes (resized).jpgts4_fennel_cakes (resized).jpg

#3406 1 year ago
    Quoted from dtrimberger:

no offense to the fennel lovers out there.

None taken

#3407 1 year ago
    Quoted from dtrimberger:

They should keep it real and change it to "Diabetes Cakes"

#3408 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Has to be a joke or something. It's "Fennel Cakes" in the game, too.
    [quoted image]

Exactly, is it a joke from the movie or is this a proofing error (proof zach, not poof)? I admittedly have low motivation to rewatch TS4 to look for this particular feature.

#3409 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

They should keep it real and change it to "Diabetes Cakes"

Anyone who has ever been to their state fair knows that the real reward for the ring toss should be a giant vial of insulin.

#3410 1 year ago
    Quoted from dtrimberger:

Exactly, is it a joke from the movie or is this a proofing error (proof zach, not poof)? I admittedly have low motivation to rewatch TS4 to look for this particular feature.

Seems like a Pixar-style joke, but I also am not motivated enough to rewatch the last half of TS4 to see if it's in the movie, too.

#3411 1 year ago

Can someone please point me in the direction of the video of Travis Murie blowing up Toy Story 4. I looked on his youtube channel but there is nothing recent. Not sure which channel/stream this was on.

#3412 1 year ago

County Fairs are super. But if it’s got cow sculptures, the show is like butter, baby.

45A25783-8D46-496C-B93C-ABD3F35B8A70.jpeg45A25783-8D46-496C-B93C-ABD3F35B8A70.jpeg5B8FA32B-3DDA-431E-A94C-F68C732D3B7B.jpeg5B8FA32B-3DDA-431E-A94C-F68C732D3B7B.jpegFC33B332-C263-4437-8560-FBBD4BC4CE1E.jpegFC33B332-C263-4437-8560-FBBD4BC4CE1E.jpeg
    #3413 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Has to be a joke or something. It's "Fennel Cakes" in the game, too, which are apparently popular in Portugal?
    [quoted image]

It is Fennel cakes. Thats how it was in the movie. It was suppose to be a joke. The show does need more Greg Bone.

#3414 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Big Thanks to Mike Winne for helping with this episode!

Hey, that's me!

Thanks for the shout out David Dennis. Great episode, and I was happy to share some of the info that I gathered.

I still need to actually use the info that I gathered, and finish my article. Someday, when I have the time...

#3415 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Can someone please point me in the direction of the video of Travis Murie blowing up Toy Story 4. I looked on his youtube channel but there is nothing recent. Not sure which channel/stream this was on.

ZMeny you mentioned this video in the latest TPS. Was this private to your TPN discord? I am just very curious to see someone blow up the code on a new game.

#3416 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

ZMeny you mentioned this video in the latest TPS. Was this private to your TPN discord? I am just very curious to see someone blow up the code on a new game.

Travis is super lame in every way and doesn't stream. If you want to see someone blow it up check out IEPINBALL on Twitch. Karl is incredible.

#3417 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Travis is super lame in every way and doesn't stream. If you want to see someone blow it up check out IEPINBALL on Twitch. Karl is incredible.

Lol! Thanks Joel. So did Zach and Dennis both misspeak and said Travis when they meant Karl? If so, was this some kind of passive aggressive dig due to the Mystery Castle bemoaning earlier this year?

#3418 1 year ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Episode 19: Big Woody

Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie

Buckle up as we discuss our final thoughts on owning GNR, as well as doing an in-depth breakdown of JJP’s latest release Toy Story 4! One of us happened to have already bought the game and has achieved the final wizard mode multiple times. Come listen in as we give a first hand account of the depth of TS4’s code and layout. Have fun!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tripledrain
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tripledrainpodcast/
    Email: [email protected]
    Merch: https://silverballswag.com/.../triple-drain-pinball-podcast

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-adigy-12589d2

Triple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).PNGTriple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).PNG
    #3419 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Lol! Thanks Joel. So did Zach and Dennis both misspeak and said Travis when they meant Karl?

I only recall saying Travis blew the game up, not that it was on video. I am not aware of a video, just a discussion with him about his first day owning it.

#3420 1 year ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

I only recall saying Travis blew the game up, not that it was on video. I am not aware of a video, just a discussion with him about his first day owning it.

Looks like I assumed you were talking about video and jumped to that conclusion, thanks for clarifying. No doubt he provided an in depth breakdown on Triple Drain this week.

#3421 1 year ago

The Aussie Pinball Podcast Episode 5: Wayne Gillard

Host: Dr. John Cosson
    Special Guest: Wayne Gillard

This episode we are joined by Wayne Gillard from Melbourne. We discuss his purchase of the Bally/Williams assets, his attempt at remaking Medieval Madness, and whatever happened to “The Crocodile Hunter” pinball machine. Wayne shares his views on the viability of manufacturing a machine in Australia, and why pinball prices are going so high!

Music:

Melodysheep – Crocodile Hunter
    Rain – Dragon
    Up There Cazaly – Mike Brady
    You’re the voice – John Farnham
    Cheap Wine – Cold Chisel
    Sadie the Cleaning Lady – John Farnham
    I’m Alright – Caddyshack
    I will Survive – Pricilla Queen of the Desert
    Throw your arms around me - Hunters and Collectors

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nh97z-125cd32

aussie podcast pinball logo (resized).pngaussie podcast pinball logo (resized).png
    #3422 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Aussie Pinball Podcast Episode 5: Wayne Gillard
    Special Guest: Wayne Gillard
    This episode we are joined by Wayne Gillard from Melbourne.

Holy crap. Wayne-o.

1 week later
    #3423 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Holy crap. Wayne-o.

Would’ve been interested in listening. Had to stop after 9 minutes because of all the soundboard and music drops inserted during the conversation.

I hope podcasts don’t count a quick bail out as an actual interested listen. I don’t want to encourage this.

I thought I was listening to a Dickie Goodman record.

#3424 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Would’ve been interested in listening. Had to stop after 9 minutes because of all the soundboard and music drops inserted during the conversation.
    I hope podcasts don’t count a quick bail out as an actual interested listen. I don’t want to encourage this.

Yeah, most pinball podcasts are like nails on a chalkboard to me. I will very rarely listen to one, and even then usually just skip to the part I'm interested in hearing. Lots of dead air, sometimes poor quality equipment, often unnecessary and lengthy pontification by the hosts (I'm there to hear from the guest if it's an interview), and sometimes sound effects and music that aren't needed. Less is more, and I'm not talking about editing. 90% of them need a LOT more editing.

So yeah, I get where you're coming from.

EDIT: Wow. I skipped through bits of it just to see what you're talking about and those drops are OBNOXIOUS. Some of them are like 30 seconds long, and sections of it have music playing under the interview. Sounds like a Scotty Farrell broadcast without Scotty's talent.

#3425 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

EDIT: Wow. I skipped through bits of it just to see what you're talking about and those drops are OBNOXIOUS. Some of them are like 30 seconds long, and sections of it have music playing under the interview. Sounds like a Scotty Farrell broadcast without Scotty;s talent.

Yeah, it was embarrassing to play with my wife with me on a 5 hour ride home. Decided to turn on a podcast, this popped up, and it was a LONG 9 minutes before we were like, what the hell? Back to music.

#3426 1 year ago

Kinda hard to listen to this...

#3427 1 year ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Yes it's ruff .
    Just keep in mind it's his third podcast , he's going for a super awesome level but he's not there yet .
    It's easier said than done .
    I enjoy it for the Aussie information .
    Regardless of the quality , there's some interesting content there .

#3428 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Yes it's ruff .
    Just keep in mind it's his third podcast , he's going for a super awesome level but he's not there yet .
    It's easier said than done .
    I enjoy it for the Aussie information .
    Regardless of the quality , there's some interesting content there .

So he should kill the drops and just do the content. If he HAS to do a drop, make it a 1-3 second stinger, and limit himself to 5 per show max. Those 30 second drops are brutal and add nothing to the podcast. In fact, they make it unlistenable.

#3429 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

So he should kill the drops and just do the content. If he HAS to do a drop, make it a 1-3 second stinger, and limit himself to 5 per show max. Those 30 second drops are brutal and add nothing to the podcast. In fact, they make it unlistenable.

If you can make it through the first 10-15 mins they largely stop. I was struggling with this as well, but I was driving on a stretch without stops so I just let it go and found the interview quite enjoyable once all of the drops became much less frequent.

#3430 1 year ago

Decent interview. Wayne was always good to deal with, even in the MM remake days. He never really got the pinball culture we have here. If you’ve never lived it, I get it.

Just a way back interview on a long drive. Good job all.

#3431 1 year ago

Is Zach still trying to convince Dennis to get on camera or are we waiting on his 3d render to complete before we get the next episode of TPS?

#3432 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Is Zach still trying to convince Dennis to get on camera or are we waiting on his 3d render to complete before we get the next episode of TPS?

Hahaha I’m on vaca so no episode this week. I’m itching to get back now but to be transparent I wasn’t feeling it the last couple of weeks. New episode should be coming Monday with all kinds of info. Comin in hot!

#3433 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Hahaha I’m on vaca so no episode this week. I’m itching to get back now but to be transparent I wasn’t feeling it the last couple of weeks. New episode should be coming Monday with all kinds of info. Comin in hot!

Thanks for the update and enjoy the vacay, Zach!

Summer finally started here and we just got an above ground pool so I'm not going anywhere

IMG_20220701_161831.jpgIMG_20220701_161831.jpg
    #3434 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Thanks for the update and enjoy the vacay, Zach!
    Summer finally started here and we just got an above ground pool so I'm not going anywhere [quoted image]

#madrespectyo

#3435 1 year ago

The Aussie Pinball Podcast Ep 6: Pinheadz Podcast Reunion

Special Guests: The Pinheadz (with a zed)

We are joined by Rod, Steve, and Garry from the Pinheadz Podcast. Their podcast ran from December 2013 to December 2017 and were the original Australian Podcast crew.

Music

The Cockroaches – She’s the One
    Splint Enz – That was my Mistake
    INXS – New Sensation
    Jo Jo Zep – Hit and Run
    Lime Cordial – Robbery
    Skyhooks – Horror Movie
    Hunters and Collectors – Holy Grail
    Casey Chambers – Am I Not Pretty Enough
    The Wiggles – Choot Choot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car
    Player One – Space Invaders

Clips

Monty Python & The Holy Grail
    Lost In Space
    The Big Lebowski

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-7njc2-1268813

97AAD703-216B-4717-A7AF-A3A2B65B859C (resized).png97AAD703-216B-4717-A7AF-A3A2B65B859C (resized).png
    #3436 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Aussie Pinball Podcast Ep 6: Pinheadz Podcast Reunion
    Special Guests: The Pinheadz (with a zed)
    We are joined by Rod, Steve, and Garry from the Pinheadz Podcast. Their podcast ran from December 2013 to December 2017 and were the original Australian Podcast crew.
    Music
    The Cockroaches – She’s the One
    Splint Enz – That was my Mistake
    INXS – New Sensation
    Jo Jo Zep – Hit and Run
    Lime Cordial – Robbery
    Skyhooks – Horror Movie
    Hunters and Collectors – Holy Grail
    Casey Chambers – Am I Not Pretty Enough
    The Wiggles – Choot Choot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car
    Player One – Space Invaders
    Clips
    Monty Python & The Holy Grail
    Lost In Space
    The Big Lebowski
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-7njc2-1268813
    [quoted image]

Thanks so much for making this episode. The pinheadz podcast was grade-A gold back in the day. I miss it - so psyched to hear their perspective on the hobby in 2022 and glad everyone is happy and still flipping!

#3437 1 year ago

The Pinball Show Episode 104: BPE

Host: Zach Meny

- Pinball Market Trends Is Everything
    - Passport Pitfalls
    - Hold His Hand Chico
    - Get Off The Plane!
    - Master Of Puppets
    - American Pinball Updates-ish?
    - Non-licensed Lunchboxes
    - More Ceiling-Measuring
    - NKY BPE
    - Seeing Through A Narrative
    - Joel Engelbombs
    - A Package Full Of Deals Of The Week

email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-38fmn-126f6c5

#3438 1 year ago

I like the most recent episode, and I also like the SAPS episode. Its more fun as a listener when everyone is trying to one up each other. Some day we will remines about the podcaster triangle Kaneda-Zach-Chirs

#3439 1 year ago

Zach, it sounds like passports are the new code updates for you Truly sorry your family's vacation plans were scuppered last minute, that sucks!

Quoted from mr9865:

I like the most recent episode, and I also like the SAPS episode. Its more fun as a listener when everyone is trying to one up each other. Some day we will remines about the podcaster triangle Kaneda-Zach-Chirs

If you haven't checked it out already, Triple Drain sounds right up your alley. Those guys seem to take a lot of pride ripping on each other.

#3440 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

If you haven't checked it out already, Triple Drain sounds right up your alley. Those guys seem to take a lot of pride ripping on each other.

Triple Drain would be a whole lot better if Travis would shut up and let Tom talk more.

#3441 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Triple Drain would be a whole lot better if Travis would shut up and let Tom talk more.

You guys need to do a special episode where you all wear snuggies (or whatever they are called) like Travis. Would be so awesome!

#3442 1 year ago

Episode 104 got me laffing. Terry and his friend are always welcome but what made this episode so funny was when Zach read the next line and then Terry’s friend performed it.

Maybe for Halloween you can do a video with Dennis K in the wheelchair with a lighter as Terry. Zach can be the narrator. Dennis has to light the live fireworks and get out of the way. Look out for cars, coming both ways.

#3443 1 year ago

Did anyone else not appreciate being dressed down by Craig Bobby regarding Toy Story 4 on last week’s episode? You’re the news guy, not on editorials. Just give us the news.

#3444 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

Did anyone else not appreciate being dressed down by Craig Bobby regarding Toy Story 4 on last week’s episode? You’re the news guy, not on editorials. Just give us the news.

He does a well prepared and scripted monologue. That can certainly go an episode or three without the "Say what" gimmick.

News? WTF? It's a podcast.

#3445 1 year ago

"Hold his hand Chico" LOL

backupterry (resized).pngbackupterry (resized).png
    #3446 1 year ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Travis is super lame in every way

#3447 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

It’s a podcaster thing to rip the community for being a bunch of whining, toxic complainers… by whining and complaining about it. Kind of a “holier than thou” approach.

The irony is forgettable, but amusing nonetheless.

#3448 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

I loved it. He was spot on.

#3449 1 year ago

If you google Terry fireworks, this gem pops up. Not as good as Terry per se, but alright.

#3450 1 year ago

The Pinball Show Episode 105: Rumor Corner

- Dennis Tells Us The Importance Of Coffee
    - Zach Tells Us The Importance Of Having A Shill Around During A Medical Emergency
    - Knapp Arcade Pinball Podcast
    - Stern Pinball Venom Rumors
    - Zach Says No New Game This Week
    - Jersey Jack On SAPS
    - Upcoming Spooky Pinball Game(s) & Adding Coders To The Team
    - Dennis' Take On Recent American Pinball Interview
    - Galactic Tank Force w/Accessory Lunchbox
    - A Possible Change In Terms With Multimorphic
    - Not Being Rumortained
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Deal Of The Week

email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4i6tu-1277e7c

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/69?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.