Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,823 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,823 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 97.
    #3251 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Thanks. I won't. Wasn't something of which I was aware until after it was over and I heard the ep. There were some other extenuating circumstances that made it more of a challenge, too. But not big deal regardless. And now that I'm aware, not something that will happen again.

Good job Blueberry! Fun to hear you on-air. For what it's worth, I didn't even notice an overabundance of "likes". I guess some people are more sensitive to that sort of things than others.

#3252 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 97: Spirit Animals
    Host: Zach Meny
    Special Guest Cohost: Blueberry Johnson

I listened to this episode yesterday on my way into DC and I enjoyed it. Was glad to not hear Deeproot talk and listen to some good pinball discussion during the drive.

#3253 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

- Spider-Man: Go Home

Oof, bold take! I thought it was one of the more unique story arcs in the MCU, which was refreshing. Movie really stands on its own, even though some might say it was just a nostalgic "fan service" movie. I do agree that Dr. Strange's lackadaisical attitude and recklessness seemed pretty out of character, but I guess you have to suspend some of your disbelief if you want to establish an interesting premise.

FWIW, I thought Andrew Garfield was paid a lot of respect. He had a nice big emotional payoff, carried a lot of the comic relief throughout the second half of the movie, was featured prominently in the action, etc.

PS, Steve Ritchie's spirit animal is a Walrus. Case closed.

PPS, not at all surprised that blueberryjohnson is a great podcast cohost!

#3254 1 year ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Good job Blueberry! Fun to hear you on-air. For what it's worth, I didn't even notice an overabundance of "likes". I guess some people are more sensitive to that sort of things than others.

Agree .
    There will always be someone who tries to find something to bitch about , no matter how good whatever something is .

#3255 1 year ago

It's hard not to do verbal tics and "filler" sounds. I still struggle with my "umms" and "likes", especially if I'm trying to think/remember while speaking, and I've been doing podcasts for years.

#3256 1 year ago

Great job BJ, don't get your blueberries in a bunch!

#3257 1 year ago

As a lifelong stutterer, I wish my only complaint was an occasional "um" or "like".

Good job, Blueberry.

#3258 1 year ago

blueberryjohnson was great. Hope he comes back for more.

#3259 1 year ago

TPN is free and puts out amazing content on a regular basis. Tip of the cap to all the creators taking the time and effort to give the community all this content at no charge.

#3260 1 year ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Oof, bold take! I thought it was one of the more unique story arcs in the MCU, which was refreshing. Movie really stands on its own, even though some might say it was just a nostalgic "fan service" movie. I do agree that Dr. Strange's lackadaisical attitude and recklessness seemed pretty out of character, but I guess you have to suspend some of your disbelief if you want to establish an interesting premise.
    FWIW, I thought Andrew Garfield was paid a lot of respect. He had a nice big emotional payoff, carried a lot of the comic relief throughout the second half of the movie, was featured prominently in the action, etc.
    PS, Steve Ritchie's spirit animal is a Walrus. Case closed.
    PPS, not at all surprised that blueberryjohnson is a great podcast cohost!

Agreed and Dr. Strange f'd up enough other stuff in his own movies to make it more believable. My only complaint was that it got a little too sappy at the very end but William Dafoe absolutely KILLED it (again) as The Goblin.

#3261 1 year ago

Great deep dive into deeproot with @blueberryjohnson. Sounds like you got a dump of info right before that podcast so I very much would welcome a part 2. You two did a great job summarizing the timeline and breaking down some of the nuanced info of this crazy ride.

I still have not listened to the TPS for this week but looking forward to it based on the rapport between Zach and BJ. Great guest host.

#3262 1 year ago

Yes great job to the Blueberry Man for taking his time going on the podcast and sharing all the work he has put in on this fiasco! Very much appreciated and not once did I ever pick up on the excessive "like" that some posters are posting here. Great job blueberryjohnson and again appreciate your work on this and appreciate Zach again for being a gracious host and putting out top tier entertainment!

#3263 1 year ago

Thanks folks for the kind words. I really appreciate them. I also appreciate ZMeny for the invitation + opportunity to get a bunch of content out to a bigger audience than my typical stomping grounds.

Speaking of the deeproot thread, I held off posting leaks and employee accounts over the past month or so to bundle stuff for the TPN show. I'm still mostly doing that while seeing what's next with Knapp and any future podcast stuff. However, I did upload this fantastic whiteboard photo yesterday that was referenced on the show.

someoneneedstoorderpinballs (resized).jpegsomeoneneedstoorderpinballs (resized).jpeg

I'm also going to go drop a few interesting financial things on the thread now. If you're fellow or budding deeproot enthusiast, feel free to swing by: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/616

#3264 1 year ago

Great episode, love the insight!!

There is much less "PEPE SYLVIA! PEPE SYLVIA!" going on with that whiteboard than I expected...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3265 1 year ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 55: Blazed & Confused

Hosts: Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis
    Special Guest: Albert Agar

Albert "Orby" Agar of the Pinball NERDS Podcast joins Martin & Jeff for a chat about pot, Potter, pinball, and milking goats. Seriously.

Direct feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram: @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-bkgqz-1207f9f

final round 55 thumbnail (resized).jpegfinal round 55 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    #3266 1 year ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

It's hard not to do verbal tics and "filler" sounds. I still struggle with my "umms" and "likes", especially if I'm trying to think/remember while speaking, and I've been doing podcasts for years.

blueberryjohnson was brilliant, great insight, well spoken, and was a fun listen (to both pods) ... instant fan here. I have to speak at length during all kinds of meetings, and I just started using the transcript feature in Teams. And for some reason there are like (pun intended) hundreds of uuuhs and uuuums in the transcripts. Must be a bug ...

DennisK is always on point and continually cracks me up, never noticed a single filler word, but I gravitate to less formal pods ... sorta like having old buddies chatting about pinball in my ears. Don't care if it isn't NPR quality.

#3267 1 year ago

Ridiculous behavior DeadFlip

A full public apology and retraction should happen today.

57B77765-9A27-47C5-93E0-ABAA04AC8528 (resized).jpeg57B77765-9A27-47C5-93E0-ABAA04AC8528 (resized).jpeg
    #3269 1 year ago

Looks like someone is suggesting that just because you are "friends" with someone on a social media application that you are somehow responsible / accountable if they post a comment on your feed??

#3270 1 year ago

Shit I need to delete my whole friends list then. Starting with some weirdo named Bob.

#3271 1 year ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Looks like someone is suggesting that just because you are "friends" with someone on a social media application that you are somehow responsible / accountable if they post a comment on your feed??

Yep. Jack hasn't hidden his distain for a couple of those folks in the past but to somehow try to link them to an unhinged comment from some idiot is really reaching.

#3272 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shit I need to delete my whole friends list then. Starting with some weirdo named Bob.

Ha! I'm just happy I made it higher on the list than Brazy !!

#3273 1 year ago

Really bush league Jack

I’m sure you’re fully responsible for the actions of everyone on your friend list

#3274 1 year ago

Don’t worry- he’ll bury it with 6 posts today and never acknowledge this nonsense. And he wants to be taken seriously as a designer

#3275 1 year ago

Looks like Jack deleted the comment with this picture on Facebook to “avoid confusion”. What was the confusion exactly? Lol

#3276 1 year ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

Looks like Jack deleted the comment with this picture on Facebook to “avoid confusion”. What was the confusion exactly? Lol

33BCF885-24E6-4463-A002-D42021DA80FD (resized).png33BCF885-24E6-4463-A002-D42021DA80FD (resized).png
    #3277 1 year ago

Removed the friends list photo to avoid confusion?? Right. The speculation/damage he wanted to cause Zach & Ken has already been done. Shitty move Jack.

#3278 1 year ago
    Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Removed the friends list photo to avoid confusion?? Right. The speculation/damage he wanted to cause Zach & Ken has already been done. Shitty move Jack.

Could you imagine Pat Lawlor or George Gomez behaving in such a way?

#3279 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 97: Spirit Animals
    Host: Zach Meny
    Special Guest Cohost: Blueberry Johnson
    - NEW CONTEST! WIN STUFF!
    - TPN Babies
    - Hawaii & The Continental United States
    - What's On The Line This Week At Stern Pinball
    - American Pinball's Next Game Release
    - Rumor Roundup With Dennis Tarantino
    - Steve Ritchie's Spirit Animal
    - Multimorphic Going Two Inches Deeper
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Spider-Man: Go Home
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cz4rz-1203781
    [quoted image]

Brief aside from the new drama: 1,000 internet points to the person who found the animal commercial I mentioned on this episode! I'm fairly super impressed to have nailed the line 36 years later.

^ Important platypi info, ZMeny (and video confirmation of the animal's existence)

#3280 1 year ago

I bet its all about those hdmi output adapters!

#3281 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I bet its all about those hdmi output adapters!

wtf happened to those adapters anyways? Did Stern ever end up selling them again at an inflated cost?

#3282 1 year ago
    Quoted from Smack:

wtf happened to those adapters anyways? Did Stern ever end up selling them again at an inflated cost?

Nope.

#3283 1 year ago

Spiderman, No way Home is the third highest grossing movie of all time. Yikes, there really is nothing else to watch out there. I'll take your advice Zach.

#3284 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Spiderman, No way Home is the third highest grossing movie of all time. Yikes, there really is nothing else to watch out there. I'll take your advice Zach.

I liked it quite a bit. I'd personally recommend it. Especially if you have any nostalgia for the older Tobey McGuire or Garfield movies.

#3285 1 year ago

This seems like a great place to interject my beliefs on the theme of next the pin. What if Jack Danger were to choose from Stern’s backlog and design the pin after the best theme after Star Wars or Jurassic Park, as ranked in Pinside 25. I am talking about Godzilla, Deadpool, AIQ, Stranger Things or Star Trek. All of which are strong and Jack could be known as The Pin Guy. I have heard what you all have that he is developing a full feature title. A lot of possibilities with the pin imo.

#3286 1 year ago

Hey TPN folks, just caught your After Hours stream (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1462349898).

I'm pretty sure I can answer your #1 question without inside info (though I can get confirmation if desired): Who would have been giving the Gladiator "rising action" whiteboard presentation?

Answer: Quinn Johnson.

Quinn was hired as a storyteller to develop stories for deeproot games based on his work in comics and other media. "Rising action" is a standard plot component of storytelling (whatever the medium).

In some old interview(s), Robert explained that the stories in other manufacturers' games suck, and deeproot is going to blow everyone's mind with Pixar quality pinball storytelling (which is why they also needed an animation studio, of course).

Putting 2 and 2 together, this how you find a whiteboard outlining the narrative composition and arc for maybe game number 7 (?) at the auction inspection day for a failed pinball startup that blew tens of millions dollars.

#3287 1 year ago

If someone is being a dick head , call them out but why try to make it into a race thing .

IMG_20220425_203558 (resized).jpgIMG_20220425_203558 (resized).jpg
    #3288 1 year ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

If someone is being a dick head , call them out but why try to make it into a race thing .
    [quoted image]

was thinking the same thing, a dick is a dick, what's the relevance of his skin color?

#3289 1 year ago

The Pinball Show Episode 98: Stairway To Hydra, Chewbacca Jesus, & Spirit Pudding

***THIS ONE FELT GREAT!***

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Rising Pinball Action
    - Stern Pinball Production Updates & What's On The Line This Week
    - Significant Changes Coming To The American Pinball Game Catalog
    - Dennis' Deeproot Debacle Dissection
    - Poor Dirk
    - To Infinity And Beyond With Pat Lawlor's Next Game
    - Dennis & Zach Share Laughter & 50 Shades Of Grey
    - Spirit Pudding
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Potato Portraits
    - Chewbacca Jesus
    - Robert's Deepfailed Cabinet Innovation
    - Stairway To Hydra
    - Something Big Brewing At Flip N Out Pinball & Current Inventory
    - TPN Babies Update

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-hiiax-120d132

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).png
    #3290 1 year ago

Enjoyed the show. Standouts ~ Craig Bobby is trending up and so is the entire pinball industry, go high prices! Good impressions of Chewbacca and Hydra’s. Dirk and Dragons Lair would make a good pinball theme. Fun.

Topic for a future discussion ~ super toppers have snuck up and are now officially a thing. There are toppers and there are super toppers. CGC has sold 3 toppers for $2.5k each and Elite has sold two. Depending on your definition of a super topper, if you considered toppers that have be issued but since cost $2.5k huo. I can quickly think of five of these and there are probably more.

So we have 10 games with a topper costing thousands. Thousands for a pinball topper that sits atop the pinball machine. Buy, buy, buy because they are only going up further. Something about the threshold these have reached, that triggers a skin crawling response.

Any truth to the rumor Stern has a new promo, buy a LZ topper and it comes with a LZ pro pinball machine for $99? I am holding out for a better deal. But if it has the rumored Stairway tune, I am all over it.

#3291 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Enjoyed the show. Standouts ~ Craig Bobby is trending up and so is the entire pinball industry, go high prices! Good impressions of Chewbacca and Hydra’s. Dirk and Dragons Lair would make a good pinball theme. Fun.
    Topic for discussion ~ super toppers have snuck up and are now officially a thing. There are toppers and there are super toppers. CGC has sold 3 toppers for $2.5k each and Elite has sold two. Depending on your definition of a super topper, if you considered toppers that have be issued but since cost $2.5k huo. I can quickly think of five of these and there are probably more.
    So we have 10 games with a topper costing thousands. Thousands for a pinball topper that sits atop the pinball machine. Buy, buy, buy because they are only going up further. Something about the threshold these have reached, that triggers a skin crawling response.
    Any truth to the rumor Stern has a new promo, buy a LZ topper and it comes with a LZ pro pinball machine for $99? I am holding out for a better deal. But if it has the rumored Stairway tune, I am all over it.

Ooh good call Jeff. I love this idea. Thanks.

#3292 1 year ago

Will listen to this tomorrow on my drive, caught up with the last few episodes last week while driving up and down the country, love the content and TPS with Zach & Dennis is always an easy listen, thanks for all the hard work Zach!

#3293 1 year ago

Brief aside from the new drama: 1,000 internet points to the person who found the animal commercial I mentioned on this episode! I'm fairly super impressed to have nailed the line 36 years later.

^ Important platypi info, ZMeny (and video confirmation of the animal's existence)

Duckbill Platapie. Not sure what was funnier, your use of the plural of Platapus or Zach's reaction to it!

#3294 1 year ago

Re: TI-83 calculator games.

There was a pretty popular one in circulation when my older brothers were in high school, basically a drug-trade simulator. I don’t recall ever getting to play it but I do remember it being particularly taboo at the Catholic high school we all went to. Probably the most controversial thing to hit calculators since “8008135.”

https://www.wired.com/story/history-drug-wars-calculator-game/amp

When I made it to high school it was pretty much just Tetris, a 4-game combo thing called “PuzzPack,” and trying to graph the weirdest equation of a line possible using the plot function.

Edit: I was obviously VERY cool in high school.

#3295 1 year ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Re: TI-83 calculator games.
    There was a pretty popular one in circulation when my older brothers were in high school, basically a drug-trade simulator. I don’t recall ever getting to play it but I do remember it being particularly taboo at the Catholic high school we all went to. Probably the most controversial thing to hit calculators since “8008135.”
    https://www.wired.com/story/history-drug-wars-calculator-game/amp
    When I made it to high school it was pretty much just Tetris, a 4-game combo thing called “PuzzPack,” and trying to graph the weirdest equation of a line possible using the plot function.
    Edit: I was obviously VERY cool in high school.

Holy shit, Drug Wars was amazing! Damn, I havent thought of that for 20+ years. Ahhhhh memories.

#3296 1 year ago

As a kid, I actually had the Wildlife Treasury Kit. I don't remember what happened to it...

Ron...

#3297 1 year ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

Ridiculous behavior DeadFlip
    A full public apology and retraction should happen today. [quoted image]

nevermind i’m an illiterate child, i took this for an anti-zach post

jack is a talented fella but boy does he love his drama

#3298 1 year ago

Topic for a future discussion ~ super toppers have snuck up and are now officially a thing. There are toppers and there are super toppers. CGC has sold 3 toppers for $2.5k each and Elite has sold two. Depending on your definition of a super topper, if you considered toppers that have be issued but since cost $2.5k huo. I can quickly think of five of these and there are probably more.

You forgot pin Pingraffix rock topper .
    They haven't sold out yet , but with less than 200 available , I'm sure that would change if Zach did a review on SDTM

IMG20220426230642 (resized).jpgIMG20220426230642 (resized).jpg
    #3299 1 year ago

Really cool, I like it. It is unique. It is strongly theme integrated. It adds to game atmosphere. It uses tons of custom programming tied to game play. It does no harm. It doesn’t have game’s name plastered on it. I will have to get one.

#3300 1 year ago

Really cool, I like it. It is unique. It is strongly theme integrated. It adds to game atmosphere. It does no harm. It doesn’t have game’s name plastered on it. I will have to get one.

It was a late night drunken purchase , the next day I thought , what have I done .
    But after having it for a while now , I have no regrets . It really adds so much to the game experience .
    The lighting is different for every song and the wiring is Incorporated into the frame , I understand now why it is so expensive .
    Apparently it's made by Dave who does programming for jjp .
    If you get one you'll have to get the extra back box and under cabinet LEDs for the full experience .
    I'm a topper guy so I'm bias , but I think it's totally worth it .

There are 4,823 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.