(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 97.
    #3201 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Oh yeah. They're now writing stories inventorying deaths over the past ten years and calling on someone to put up a sign at the trailhead indicating how dangerous it can be (note: almost everyone who goes doesn't die or require spinal surgery. Unfortunately, a handful do).
    So why would anyone anyone keep doing this hike? Because it's as breathtakingly beautiful as a siren's song. Here's a nice little photo journal of it https://www.journeyera.com/olomana-trail-three-peaks-oahu/

That's a nope...

#3202 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the Pinball Tapes and the deep dive into Cyclone. And damn cool intro / outro music! Well done, Zac Coligan!

#3203 2 years ago

So why would anyone anyone keep doing this hike? Because it's as breathtakingly beautiful as a siren's song. Here's a nice little photo journal of it https://www.journeyera.com/olomana-trail-three-peaks-oahu/

Just looking at these photos made me tired...

#3204 2 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

Yes, Zach, you're crazy! We all know it; we all accept it. That said, you're not crazy for having opinions. You're crazy for saying there's no agenda behind them while calling BS on me and others for having our own opinions. If you don't agree with them, that's totally cool, but it doesn't make you right and me wrong, or vice versa.
    Nor does us adding features and options need to spun as a negative. If you think a feature is bad or wrong, and if we add an option to change it, that seems like a positive thing. If you don't like either option, that's also cool, but I'm not sure why you would criticize us for listening to feedback and adding more options. You can rightfully criticize me for lots of things, but criticizing continual improvement of the P3 is what solidifies my opinion that you have an agenda.
    Opinions and criticisms aside... some facts you were unsure (or disagreed with) from the last show:
    The flipper buttons on the P3 push into leaf switches (not instant on/off microswitches), and you can absolutely control the strength of your flips with quick flips, do tap passes, do various forms of passes, etc.
    The story I told on the F&M podcast is 100% accurate. The 3 games Dennis compared to the P3 were POTC (Stern), I500, and WPT. The heart chest on POTC is at the same position of the walls/scoops. The I500 ramps start an inch or so in front of the walls. WPT is pretty much entirely behind the scoops. Certainly there are games with features lower on the playfield, but big/interactive features are most often on the very sides or farther up the playfield for a very good reason... the lower a feature is on the playfield, the more shot angles it blocks, and that generally makes a game feel clunky. Did you really make transparencies and compare the P3 playfield to other games? That's awesome. Feel free to share the pics. I'd love to see them.
    Yes, I did stand back in the booth and wonder what you felt about the game as you played. I spent as much time as I could in the booth watching as many people as possible and wondering how they felt about the game too. All of us had a ton of great conversations with people at the show, and we learned a ton from watching people play. We came back with a good list of things to improve... a few mechanical things to tweak, and a number of gameplay and graphical things.
    Overall the show was a ton of fun. It was great to see and hang out with everybody again and especially see them enjoying the Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity. I'm super proud of the team for showing such a mature product at its first public event, and now I'm excited to work through of all of our new challenges... like growing our production team to work through the orders. That's my primary focus now.
    I was glad to hear you found a few things in the game you enjoyed too, and I loved Dennis's take on Germs. That's actually a mode where the flipper strength control is super important. You're shooting for the moving 'Al-moebas' on the screen to calm them down. The raised walls represent the far wall of the petri dish, and if you hit them too much, you break through (the 'broken' wall drops), and shooting a ball into the now-open scoop ends the mode prematurely. If you really want, you can trap up and wait for the Al-moebas to 'eat' your flippers. That'll weaken them too.
    - Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

Thanks for coming into the thread to comment Gerry (@gstellenberg) and for the additional information about the p3 platform. It's not everyday that the owner of a pinball manufacturing company accuses me of being crazy and having an "agenda". I would be interested in the perceived agenda that you believe I have, please elaborate.

You indicate that I have "opinions" that go against your comments on F&M podcast, further saying that your statements were "100% accurate". That's the issue I have and it's why I commented on Ep 96 of The Pinball Show. See below for your quotes from the podcast:

Re: Gerry challenging Dennis Nordman about his concerns with lack of area to design a game on the p3 "Dennis, take this drawing, this, uh, view of the playfield, and lay it over top of all of your other playfield designs" (NOTICE: You say ALL of his other playfield designs; that is 13 designs prior to Lexy Lightspeed)

You went on to say Re: Nordman's statements: "The lowest mech on...in almost everyone of my playfields, is literally right about the vertical of the wall of scoops" and also Re: Stern POTC Chest: "right on top of where those scoops are". And I'm not sure why World Poker Tour was brought up in your comment here because that's a Steve Ritchie game.

Taking these 13 designs and overlaying them onto the p3 layout with the scoop of walls, you can easily see that your statements are absolutely false, rather than your claim that your statements were "100% accurate". My 'opinion' was merely a fact, while your exaggerations of Nordman layouts/mechs isn't being honest to the listeners and pinball community. That's the issue I had, so I commented on it, while also commenting about many positives of your platform and new title release. How does criticism and observation land in the "agenda" and "crazy" bin? Does that mean my positive comments are 'shilling'?

Albeit crude (I am no computer engineer), I have attached some popular Nordman layouts showing where the scoop wall would fall on the design. Thus, everything below that scoop wall is what you are saying is not significant or a mech. I also included a P3 layout with Nordman mechs and significant layout features that fall below the scoop wall, further showing that my 'opinion' was actually just observation.

I felt that I was being neutral and minimizing what you said on that podcast. For example, you then went on to say the following Re: Weird Al ramp flap being at middle of scoop wall: "Just at the front of those walls and scoops, makes it about the same as all mechs on all pinball machines"...

NOTICE: Gerry, you said that positioning of your back 3rd layout makes it about the same as ALL MECHS on ALL PINBALL MACHINES. All mechs on all pinball machines? That's a hell of a lot of mechs and a hell of a lot of pinball machines.

I still find your public comments deceiving and incorrect. But instead of simply correcting your mistakes, you come here to my podcast thread, double-down on your statements, call me crazy with an agenda (without any suggestion of why), and say that all pinball machines and all mechs are in the back third of games.

I hope you realize that my passion about pinball has no specific agenda for your company or products. I think they are cool in many ways. And as I preached in the episode, it's getting difficult to sit quiet when media fluff is presented that has no basis in fact.
    Demo Man p3 (resized).pngDemo Man p3 (resized).pngIndy 500 p3 (resized).pngIndy 500 p3 (resized).pngPOTC p3 (resized).pngPOTC p3 (resized).pngScared Stiff p3 (resized).pngScared Stiff p3 (resized).pngWhite Water p3 (resized).pngWhite Water p3 (resized).pngelvira part monsters p3 (resized).pngelvira part monsters p3 (resized).pngp3 overlay nordman (resized).jpgp3 overlay nordman (resized).jpg

#3205 2 years ago

Well thats a hell of a response with supporting evidence - you sure you arent a computer engineer?

#3206 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Just looking at these photos made me tired...

First time's the hardest, but it's not so bad. Hit me up when you want to go.

#3207 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Well thats a hell of a response with supporting evidence - you sure you arent a computer engineer?

Computer engineer weighing in here, just wanted to highlight how much I enjoyed the "Fopto" portmanteau.

#3208 2 years ago

Remember the time Gary Stern came online to call Zach out? Usually manufacturers just send angry emails or text messages. Respect!

#3209 2 years ago

Some comparison nitpicks for nitpicks sake: Why is there no 'control' picture of the p3 playfield to compare the wall location to the other playfield pics posted? What makes your overlay lines not arbitrarily placed? Also I hope you are aware the various playfield screenshots are likely not all taken the same exact height or angle which could potentially stretch or shrink how a playfield is perceived in an image.

#3210 2 years ago

It seems best to pull the cad drawing of the playfield from the game manual. That would help with the skew of the camera angle.

#3211 2 years ago
    Quoted from Venetic:

Some comparison nitpicks for nitpicks sake: Why is there no 'control' picture of the p3 playfield to compare the wall location to the other playfield pics posted? What makes your overlay lines not arbitrarily placed? Also I hope you are aware the various playfield screenshots are likely not all taken the same exact height or angle which could potentially stretch or shrink how a playfield is perceived in an image.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

It seems best to pull the cad drawing of the playfield from the game manual. That would help with the skew of the camera angle.

"...all of your other playfield designs"

"The lowest mech on...in almost everyone of my playfields, is literally right about the vertical of the wall of scoops"

"100% accurate"

"Just at the front of those walls and scoops, makes it about the same as all mechs on all pinball machines"...

So...the statements above really require additional evidence?... Those really check the boxes for you?... Any possibility that those statements may not be correct?...

#3212 2 years ago

I don't disagree that some designs probably come below the scoop wall, i'm nitpicking that your visual representations aren't likely accurate, just estimation. There was a post by someone who cut out a piece of brown construction paper of the p3 module and scoop wall area, and applied it to various pins physically, which was a much better representation for a comparison.

#3213 2 years ago

And here I am, thinking that all these new posts were in joy of another episode of Silverball Chronicles. So wrong. I feel so stupid!

#3214 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

And here I am, thinking that all these new posts were in joy of another episode of Silverball Chronicles. So wrong. I feel so stupid!

You might like to try the Off the Record episode of Pinball Tapes that recently dropped. It isn't the same as Silverball Chronicles of course, but it does deal in pinball history so might be up your alley (just via a super game-specific format).

I'm not sure when the next SC will be (I've not asked Dave but he reads this thread he might give you an estimate... or he might not... one never knows with Dave).

#3215 2 years ago

And to think Joel was able to achieve Pinball Villain status without a single visual aid...

Realtalk: The playfield is only ~45" (including apron, flippers, backpanel, etc). A few inches is a big deal (heh), even if it feels nitpicky to focus on semantics.

Further realtalk: generalization is going to ruffle feathers in any niche hobby. Pinball is no exception. I totally understand where Gerry is coming from with his statements, but also understand why they'd raise Zach's hackles. Maybe a safer statement would have been "Hey, a LOT of key mechs/shots tend to be on the back third of the playfield." Maybe the statement shouldn't have been taken so literally on TPS either, though. Agree to disagree, maybe?

#3216 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

You might like to try the Off the Record episode of Pinball Tapes that recently dropped. It isn't the same as Silverball Chronicles of course, but it does deal in pinball history so might be up your alley (just via a super game-specific format).
    I'm not sure when the next SC will be (I've not asked Dave but he reads this thread he might give you an estimate... or he might not... one never knows with Dave).

I did, and you upvoted me for posting about it this morning.

#3217 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I did, and you upvoted me for posting about it this morning.

Oh, I have the memory of a goldfish. Have another upvote.

#3218 2 years ago

Ok, ok, you got me on the 100% point, Zach. 100% and ALL games/mechs were exaggerations. I even said in my post above that I500 had ramps starting an inch or so below the scoops (and WPT was included because it was 1 of the 3 playfields in the comparison Dennis did). Obviously [almost?] everybody knows not ALL games/mechs are confined to the area above the wall scoops, but thank you for eliminating that confusion. I actually think your comparisons kind of prove my point that most mechs are on or above the wall scoops. You clearly disagree. Either way, thank you for sharing them. One added note - the P3 also has about 2 more inches of length than traditional games; so there's also more room above your lines on the P3.

Your agenda is clear. "People think that because I'm not a dealer [anymore] I'm going to hate them and try to destroy a company." I wouldn't got THAT far, but clearly you spend the bulk of your Multimorphic discussion time expressing your negative opinions as facts. I especially enjoyed the repeated flipper rants, like "You can not objectively tell me these flippers feel good," followed by Dennis saying he has no problem with our flippers and your request to ignore streams with people who are used to them, because (in your words) "Once you get used to the feel of a P3 flipper, I agree, it's fine at that point," followed by more rants that you don't like the flippers after playing exactly 1 game on an updated flipper assembly at TPF.

To deny your agenda is disingenuous. You said in the podcast that transparency and honesty is really all you want from us (me?). I feel the same about you. I walked up to you at Expo in October, shook your hand, and explained why I hadn't been responding to your repeated requests to sell P3s again. I thought it was a good chat. You asked me to reach out if we thought there was anything you could do to help promote the P3.

Zach, you are great at what you do. You're in the business of entertaining and also selling products. You're great at both. You're extremely impressive at speaking too and shifting conversations around to push your agenda... MUCH better than I am. You use that skill to drive dialogues and sell your products, and you do it very well. You're also good at making sure you highlight a thing or two you like to try to mask your overwhelming negativity. I'm legit impressed and wish I were better at that stuff.

And yes, I know this conversation is likely to hurt people's impression of me and Multimorphic while giving you more content to discuss on your podcast. So let me just end with a sincere thank you for now calling the company "Multimorphic" and the machine "the P3." That's correct, and I appreciate you making that change. Hopefully people appreciate Multimorphic's efforts to continue developing a unique platform with a growing library of cool games and constantly striving to make the owning and playing experiences better and better.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#3219 2 years ago

I found more proof!

*** NOTE: THIS IS A SATIRICAL POST ***

277616020_709794206841610_4890129938489367229_n (resized).jpg277616020_709794206841610_4890129938489367229_n (resized).jpg277968538_1406428003131869_1621931795407926577_n (resized).jpg277968538_1406428003131869_1621931795407926577_n (resized).jpg
    #3220 2 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

One added note - the P3 also has about 2 more inches of length than traditional games; so there's also more room above your lines on the P3.

Wait, P3 playfields are two inches deeper than traditional games? How is this the first time I've heard of this?

#3221 2 years ago
    Quoted from Venetic:

I don't disagree that some designs probably come below the scoop wall, i'm nitpicking that your visual representations aren't likely accurate, just estimation. There was a post by someone who cut out a piece of brown construction paper of the p3 module and scoop wall area, and applied it to various pins physically, which was a much better representation for a comparison.

You've got a P3. Instead of claiming my work isn't "likely accurate" without putting in the actual work to make an informed decision, how about sending in pictures for us with measurements?

#3222 2 years ago

LoTR LE, Godzilla prem, Tron Pro, Ghostbusters pro, or TSPP. After my deploy to production is done i'm happy to take measurements and marker where things line up comparatively. If you want to submit pics of those listed playfield with lines where you think they should be, I can post findings and we can see how accurate you are. And since the p3 playfield is longer than a standard playfield, I would also be curious where you might want me to measurements from? I think the back of the playfield would be the most representative if you agree? And to make sure this isn't some kind of argument in bad faith, what insight are you looking to gain from my measurements?

#3223 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Recording Friday it's a juicy one!

#3224 2 years ago
    Quoted from Venetic:

LoTR LE, Godzilla prem, Tron Pro, Ghostbusters pro, or TSPP. After my deploy to production is done i'm happy to take measurements and marker where things line up comparatively. If you want to submit pics of those listed playfield with lines where you think they should be, I can post findings and we can see how accurate you are. And since the p3 playfield is longer than a standard playfield, I would also be curious where you might want me to measurements from? I think the back of the playfield would be the most representative if you agree? And to make sure this isn't some kind of argument in bad faith, what insight are you looking to gain from my measurements?

The important measurement is flippers to scoop wall, thus simply running a tape measure from middle of flippers to beginning of and end of scoop wall. The claim is based on most all pinball machines and most all mechs are above that line. That’s all. Just a quick measurement. I’ve put in the work based on the access I have, yet that’s still not good enough.

#3225 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

"...all of your other playfield designs"
    "The lowest mech on...in almost everyone of my playfields, is literally right about the vertical of the wall of scoops"
    "100% accurate"
    "Just at the front of those walls and scoops, makes it about the same as all mechs on all pinball machines"...
    So...the statements above really require additional evidence?... Those really check the boxes for you?... Any possibility that those statements may not be correct?...

I don’t disagree with you. I’m just interested in comparing stuff like that and you seemed to want to make examples. Somewhere I have a bunch of those cad drawings in the manual of the Borg and Lawlor dual inlanes while trying to figure out what makes the Borg bounce side drain unique.

#3226 2 years ago

Why do so many arguments in this hobby result in a "measuring contest"? At least there is something quantifiable to measure here though.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Somewhere I have a bunch of those cad drawings in the manual of the Borg and Lawlor dual inlanes while trying to figure out what makes the Borg bounce side drain unique.

And did you come up with a conclusion why the Borg bounce happens? We must know!

#3227 2 years ago

See? Now this shit is interesting and I'll have to go listen to the episode now.

Well done.

#3228 2 years ago

Zach, I have measured and taken pics of all but ghostbusters (too much stuff in the way to pull the glass easily at the moment) so if you want to post your lines for the other 4 games mentioned we can compare!

#3229 2 years ago

While we wait for that I will put this up first. I found this pretty darn interesting! So after I measured from flipper base to start of scoop wall for each pin, I took a measurement of end of scoop wall to back of playfield with LotR using a marker to note where the back wall starts, then measured the same on Weird Al. I found that LotR measured just slightly over 12 1/2 inches, wheresas Weird Al measured 17 inches! So while Gerry said the p3 is 2 inches longer than most, my measurement of difference was 4 1/2 inches from flipper base to back of playfield!

277423210_1067481673836404_7712152497165163091_n (resized).jpeg277423210_1067481673836404_7712152497165163091_n (resized).jpeg278139208_529191055492140_4764948635302473943_n (resized).jpeg278139208_529191055492140_4764948635302473943_n (resized).jpeg277910109_294052442884896_8270280153117829972_n (resized).jpeg277910109_294052442884896_8270280153117829972_n (resized).jpeg
    #3230 2 years ago
    CSCthV-UsAAAYBd (resized).jpgCSCthV-UsAAAYBd (resized).jpg
    #3231 2 years ago

Ok, so mis-measurement on my part! Gerry told me the supply closet (middle shot) on Weird Al extends beyond the general backboard of the module. So in fairness I measured my Heist module which is sitting out and its 15" from the start to the vertical backboard, so adjust that difference from 4 and a half inches more playfield to 2 and a half inches, Gerry wasn't just being conservative after all, haha.

#3232 2 years ago

I'm not sure what we're doing here? Obviously, plenty of games have significant features in the bottom 2/3rds of the pf, and plenty don't have them.

There are good games with lower pf features, and there are good games with mainly back-pf features.

So I mean...

cantweallgetalong-2018-Jun08-300x209 (resized).jpgcantweallgetalong-2018-Jun08-300x209 (resized).jpg
    #3233 2 years ago

I've started and then restarted this message so many times haha. You are both right, you are both wrong. Gerry thinks Zach has an agenda and is out to damage his company, that seems to be the real root of the disagreement here. But even if that were true and Zach did, would this be the best way to go about minimizing his damage? Gerry word will get out on how fun the game is regardless of what Zach says.

#3234 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

I've started and then restarted this message so many times haha. You are both right, you are both wrong. Gerry thinks Zach has an agenda and is out to damage his company, that seems to be the real root of the disagreement here. But even if that were true and Zach did, would this be the best way to go about minimizing his damage? Gerry word will get out on how fun the game is regardless of what Zach says.

I didn't listen to either of the interviews or this episode (yet) but I was thinking the same thing. Gerry should just emphasis that while you can't put a mech down there you essentially can put a shot anywhere down there and it doesn't block any of the shot angles, can move dynamically, etc. etc. There are trade-offs to everything.

#3235 2 years ago

Zach, WTH? You didn't open with Mark Morrison's Return of the MacK? You are slipping from your time off my friend.

So I'm back up in the game
    Running things to keep my swing
    Letting all the people know
    That I'm back to run the show
    'Cause what you did, you know, was wrong
    And all the nasty things you've done
    So, baby, listen carefully
    While I sing my comeback song
    'Cause she said she'd never turn on me
    (You lied to me) But you did, but you do
    (You lied to me) All these pains you said I'd never feel
    (You lied to me) But I do, but I do, do, do
    It is
    (Return of the Mack) Come on
    (Return of the Mack) Oh my God
    (You know that I'll be back) Here I am
    (Return of the Mack) Once again
    (Return of the Mack) Pump up the world
    (Return of the Mack) Watch my flow
    (You know that I'll be back) Don't you know

#3236 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Zach, WTH? You didn't open with Mark Morrison's Return of the MacK? You are slipping from your time off my friend.
    So I'm back up in the game
    Running things to keep my swing
    Letting all the people know
    That I'm back to run the show
    'Cause what you did, you know, was wrong
    And all the nasty things you've done
    So, baby, listen carefully
    While I sing my comeback song
    'Cause she said she'd never turn on me
    (You lied to me) But you did, but you do
    (You lied to me) All these pains you said I'd never feel
    (You lied to me) But I do, but I do, do, do
    It is
    (Return of the Mack) Come on
    (Return of the Mack) Oh my God
    (You know that I'll be back) Here I am
    (Return of the Mack) Once again
    (Return of the Mack) Pump up the world
    (Return of the Mack) Watch my flow
    (You know that I'll be back) Don't you know

i know, i'm gonna blame it on the rust because I titled the episode after that song haha

#3237 2 years ago

I feel like the majority of my machines have stuff going on below the P3 scoop wall

#3238 2 years ago

The Pinball Show: Uprooting Deeproot - Part 1

Host: Zach Meny
    Special Guest: Blueberry Johnson

In Part One of The Pinball Show Special Series 'Uprooting Deeproot', Zach Meny speaks with hobbyist pinball researcher, Blueberry Johnson, about the fall of attempted upstart pinball company deeproot. Mr. Johnson has compiled an extensive amount of unreleased data from previous deeproot employees and from public information, showcasing detailed information about this failed startup pinball company, per Mr. Johnson.

DISCLAIMER: Content presented in this podcast episode is based on information received from Mr. Blueberry Johnson. The Pinball Show offers this disclaimer because the information received cannot be confirmed as coming from the direct sources, although the respondents were informed of the intentions of this information and were agreeable to it being used in a podcast medium. All of the information in this episode is 'alleged' and not being reported as fact; it is merely a form of reporting information from outside/secondary sources, much of which is for entertainment purposes.

Blueberry Johnson contact email: [email protected]

Visual references to the information presented in this episode can be found at knapparcade.org

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-grznq-12030c7

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).png

#3239 2 years ago

Ugh, any mention of Deeproot by ANY podcast gets the 30 second skip button until the next topic.

#3240 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Ugh, any mention of Deeproot by ANY podcast gets the 30 second skip button until the next topic.

Color me surprised. Still love ya PoMC. And the regular TPS episode will air later today

#3241 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 97: Spirit Animals

Special Guest Cohost: Blueberry Johnson

- NEW CONTEST! WIN STUFF!
    - TPN Babies
    - Hawaii & The Continental United States
    - What's On The Line This Week At Stern Pinball
    - American Pinball's Next Game Release
    - Rumor Roundup With Dennis Tarantino
    - Steve Ritchie's Spirit Animal
    - Multimorphic Going Two Inches Deeper
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Spider-Man: Go Home

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cz4rz-1203781

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).png
    #3242 2 years ago

In lieu of the fantastic Triple Drain Joel pic, TPN wants to do a Giveaway!

‘TPN Babies’ Starts Monday April 18th 2022!

What the Contest?

We will be posting a daily picture of a TPN Content Creator as a baby/child (age 1-10). Everyone who is following 2 TPN Social Media feeds is encouraged to ‘Guess The TPN Personality’ on the Facebook picture post.

At the end of all of the daily pictures, we will total which followers guessed the most TPN Personalities correct. The Top 3 Finishers will win a prize, courtesy of The Pinball Network and Flip N Out Pinball.

What Are The Prizes?

1st Place: Stern Shaker Motor
    2nd Place: Stern Game Banner
    3rd Place: Collector Decal

**Ties will be broken via random name draw. Names eliminated via the random name draw will be moved down a place 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd etc. Multiple tie breakers may occur.

How Do I Qualify?

1. Follow 2 TPN Social Feeds. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and/or Instagram (Already a follower of 2 feeds? GREAT you're already in!)
    - www.youtube.com/c/ThePinballNetwork
    - www.instagram.com/ThePinballNetwork
    - www.facebook.com/ThePinballNetwork
    - www.twitter.com/ThePinballNet

2. Guess the TPN Personality on each Daily Baby Picture

3. Win?

#3243 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

In lieu of the fantastic Triple Drain Joel pic

WHAT?

Joel_Gahan.jpgJoel_Gahan.jpg
    #3244 2 years ago
    Quoted from Venetic:

Weird Al measured 17 inches!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3245 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show: Uprooting Deeproot - Part 1
    Special Guest: Blueberry Johnson
    In Part One of The Pinball Show Special Series 'Uprooting Deeproot', Zach Meny speaks with hobbyist pinball researcher, Blueberry Johnson, about the fall of attempted upstart pinball company deeproot. Mr. Johnson has compiled an extensive amount of unreleased data from previous deeproot employees and from public information, showcasing detailed information about this failed startup pinball company, per Mr. Johnson.
    DISCLAIMER: Content presented in this podcast episode is based on information received from Mr. Blueberry Johnson. The Pinball Show offers this disclaimer because the information received cannot be confirmed as coming from the direct sources, although the respondents were informed of the intentions of this information and were agreeable to it being used in a podcast medium. All of the information in this episode is 'alleged' and not being reported as fact; it is merely a form of reporting information from outside/secondary sources, much of which is for entertainment purposes.
    Blueberry Johnson contact email: [email protected]
    Visual references to the information presented in this episode can be found at knapparcade.org
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-grznq-12030c7
    [quoted image]

I found the Deeproot episode very interesting up until the point where the guest began to say "Like" like several times per like sentence for like long enough that it became like difficult to like focus on the conversation because like I found myself saying "Like" like every time he said "Like" which like basically had me like talking the whole time. Hopefully there were no major bombshells dropped in the last 30 minutes or so of the episode because I couldn't make it through the likes anymore. Love the Pinball Show though. Even placed my first FlipNOut machine order

#3246 2 years ago
    Quoted from Newtothis:

I found the Deeproot episode very interesting up until the point where the guest began to say "Like" like several times per like sentence

Like OMG. That like seriously got on my like nerves.

#3247 2 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

Like OMG. That like seriously got on my like nerves.

Hi all, thanks for the feedback. Easy area of improvement to target for next time!

Here's a message I sent to someone who emailed me the same thing:

Totally agree. That was my takeaway after listening. First time hearing myself recorded for any extended amount of time, and it was being done while both of us were just looking at a mountain of new content. I was pleased listening to the next episode which wasn't like that and recorded the next day. Almost none of it. Which makes sense, because it was just relaxed reacting to stuff rather than trying to process so much new information.

Anyway, next time I do something similar my intention will be to keep an eye on that.

#3248 2 years ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 16.5: Catching Up Without TOM?!?!

Hosts: Joel Engelberth & Travis Murie

This episode is just Travis and Joel as they discuss Texas Pinball Festival and some of the pinball news from the last few weeks. They also talk about current thoughts on RUSH as well as some Topper Talk at the end. Enjoy the episode as they try our best to record without Tom at the helm.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tripledrain
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tripledrainpodcast/
    Email: [email protected]
    Merch: https://silverballswag.com/.../triple-drain-pinball-podcast

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-hjy65-1205be7

Triple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).PNGTriple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).PNG
    #3249 2 years ago

Hi all, thanks for the feedback. Easy area of improvement to target for next time!
    Here's a message I sent to someone who emailed me the same thing:
    Totally agree. That was my takeaway after listening. First time hearing myself recorded for any extended amount of time, and it was being done while both of us were just looking at a mountain of new content. I was pleased listening to the next episode which wasn't like that and recorded the next day. Almost none of it. Which makes sense, because it was just relaxed reacting to stuff rather than trying to process so much new information.
    Anyway, next time I do something similar my intention will be to keep an eye on that.

Don’t beat yourself up too much about it. Most of the Deeproot episode was really good and I thought you did good on the Pinball Show.

#3250 2 years ago
    Quoted from Newtothis:

Don’t beat yourself up too much about it. Most of the Deeproot episode was really good and I thought you did good on the Pinball Show.

Thanks. I won't. Wasn't something of which I was aware until after it was over and I heard the ep. There were some other extenuating circumstances that made it more of a challenge, too. But not big deal regardless. And now that I'm aware, not something that will happen again.

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/65?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.