(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 97.
    #3151 2 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

The Pinball Show Episode 95: Texas Two-Step
    Host: Dennis Kriesel
    - Back From Texas
    - We Hear From A Correspondent
    - Weird Al At TPF
    - Micro Madness & The Tale Of Tales
    - Pedretti’s Plans to Expand 2.0 Offerings
    - Cactus Canyon Remake Code Expansion is a Kit
    - American Pinball Updates
    - The 2021 TWIPYs
    - Pinball Market Trends
    Eclectic Gamers Podcast: https://eclecticgamerspodcast.wordpress.com/eclectic-gamers-podcast/
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    Just because everyone else was posting it…

I HAVE A PROCESS ENGELBERTH!

#3152 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

The Pinball Show Ep 95: Texas Two-Step
    Episode link: https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-67kmu-11e3cb3
    - Back from Texas
    - We Hear From a Correspondent
    - Weird Al at TPF
    - Micro Madness and the Tale of Tales
    - Pedretti’s Plans to Expand 2.0 Offerings
    - Cactus Canyon Remake Code Expansion is a Kit
    - The 2021 TWIPYs
    - Pinball Market Trends
    Eclectic Gamers Podcast: https://eclecticgamerspodcast.wordpress.com/eclectic-gamers-podcast/

Good job Dennis!

For those interested, Kaneda had a tripod and recorder setup during the Mirco session, and you can hear the questions that were asked pretty clearly from the room speakers. Audio does go from loud to quiet, but you can at least hear everything that was said. A lot of tough questions for Mirco, and it does get very uncomfortable. Here's the link to the FB Live.

https://fb.watch/c46kGAQMEr/

As far as the Twipy awards go...well...I do have some thoughts. This is difficult, since I love Imoto and have spoken with her on several occasions, I know how hard she works, and I consider her to be one of the great ambassadors of pinball. But being frank, if you compare the 2019 Live Awards at TPF to the 2022 Live Awards , it's night and day. Judging purely on the online broadcasts, the 2019 show was smooth, the audio was clear at all times, the presenters transitioned in and out well, and at no point was I confused about what was going on, and at no point did I have trouble hearing anyone. The show seemed very professional and well put together. Whereas, the 2022 awards show was none of those things. And you can't even use the excuse that it was Imoto and Jack's first year hosting the live show at TPF, since 2019 was Zach and Greg's first year hosting the live show too.

So IDK, it makes me sad to say it, but Jeff really needs to take a hard look and figure out what changed between the 2019 awards and the 2022 awards. Different hosts are the main visible change. I have no idea if there is a bigger team behind-the-scenes that works on the TWIPY Awards Show, or if it is mainly the hosts who put in the time. But either way, we need next year's awards to be more like the 2019 ones, and less like this years. Maybe that means new hosts or a new team, or maybe it means Jeff finds a way to get Zach and Greg to host again.

Also, can we get some more light in that TWIPY Awards room? 2019 was nicely lit, whereas this year's awards seemed like they were in a dark closet with a single harsh spotlight.

#3153 2 years ago

I was happy to hear it was a disaster. I feel awards shows are a complete waste of time for anyone not up for an award.

#3154 2 years ago

Free Play Pinball Podcast Ep 14: Weasel Elimination Tips With Multimorphic

Hosts: Amanda Hamilton & Bill Webb

Special Guests: Gerry Stellenberg and Alex Campbell from Multimorphic

Gerry Stellenberg and Alex Campbell join Amanda and Bill to discuss Weird Al, TPF, and what is next for the P3 platform.

social: facebook.com/freeplaypinballpodcast

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4qbpw-11e7439

965076CE-3110-4CD7-8ED1-E6B60B21143E (resized).jpeg965076CE-3110-4CD7-8ED1-E6B60B21143E (resized).jpeg
    #3155 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hey Man, have you listened?

The Pinball Show Episode 95: Texas Two-Step

I did listen to this episode today. I did not think it was possible, but a Pinball Show record was set.

An entire episode without a high-pitched "Oooooooh" after a comment. (Not withstanding Bobby Craig's Stern report)
    Zero imitations of movie creatures
    No unfunny homoerotic comments
    No impersonations based on an amalgamation of SNL sketches/movies

It's clear that Dennis gets dragged down to the lowest common denominator by co-hosts. Can we have another solo host job next week?

#3156 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I did listen to this episode today. I did not think it was possible, but a Pinball Show record was set.
    An entire episode without a high-pitched "Oooooooh" after a comment. (Not withstanding Bobby Craig's Stern report)
    It's clear that Dennis gets dragged down to the lowest common denominator by co-hosts. Can we have another solo host job next week?

Maybe a better option would be to not listen? I’m not sure you will find any pinball podcasts enjoyable. But, I appreciate the checklist. I’ll make sure to cover all of them this coming week. Nothing like shaking off the rust with some good ol singing, screaming goats, passes at Den Den, bad impersonations, and 5-6 old references. I’m back PoMC! Buckle up sweetie!

#3157 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

you make me not want to come in this thread anymore

#3158 2 years ago

Off The Record Pinball Podcast Episode 15: The Pinball Tapes Episode 1 - Cyclone

Host: Zac Coligan

One Game. One Episode. This Is The Pinball Tapes.

Thanks again to Zac for submitting the pilot episode of The Pinball Tapes. Email us with your feedback to this new podcast and whether you would like to hear future The Pinball Tapes episodes on The Pinball Network in the future!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cabwn-11f07cb

Off The Record Podcast logo (resized).jpgOff The Record Podcast logo (resized).jpg
    #3159 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

you make me not want to come in this thread anymore

to be clear it’s because you’re mean to people for no reason

sorry just wanted to keep it on a USA today reading level

Quoted from ZMeny:

Off The Record Pinball Podcast Episode 15: The Pinball Tapes Episode 1 - Cyclone
    Thanks again to Zac for submitting the pilot episode of The Pinball Tapes. Email us with your feedback to this new podcast and whether you would like to hear future The Pinball Tapes episodes on The Pinball Network in the future!
    [quoted image]

holy shit this sounds awesome i can’t wait

#3160 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Maybe a better option would be to not listen? I’m not sure you will find any pinball podcasts enjoyable. But, I appreciate the checklist. I’ll make sure to cover all of them this coming week. Nothing like shaking off the rust with some good ol singing, screaming goats, passes at Den Den, bad impersonations, and 5-6 old references. I’m back PoMC! Buckle up sweetie!

I listened because the post said that Dennis was hosting solo. Otherwise this podcast is a rare listen these days due to everything I mentioned.

I enjoy plenty of pinball podcasts. Triple Drain, Slam Tilt, silverball chronicles, the one with two guys Marty and Jeff. Common denominator? They all come off as genuine and real, not acting like a character and putting on a bit.

#3161 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I listened because the post said that Dennis was hosting solo. Otherwise this podcast is a rare listen these days due to everything I mentioned.
    I enjoy plenty of pinball podcasts. Triple Drain, Slam Tilt, silverball chronicles, the one with two guys Marty and Jeff. Common denominator? They all come off as genuine and real, not acting like a character and putting on a bit.

I listen to quite a few pinball podcasts. They keep my mind occupied while doing my hike.

My favorite is when Zach & Dennis host The Pinball Show. Yeah, I know, it's all subjective but I really like the interplay between them.

There's a couple of podcasts I can't stand but the last thing I would do is go in their thread and insult them. I just simply don't listen to them.

#3162 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Common Denominator: Zach

Hey, can’t win them all, but the bright side is that you’ve chosen 4 other podcasts that are great and ones I listen to as well. And if genuine is what you’re after, all of the people associated with those 4 podcasts are very much genuine, great guys.

#3163 2 years ago

Different strokes - I don’t prefer and likely won’t listen to another solo den den show. As one of my favorite shows I’m looking forward to having you back on the show co hosting!

Quoted from ZMeny:

Common Denominator: Zach
    Hey, can’t win them all, but the bright side is that you’ve chosen 4 other podcasts that are great and ones I listen to as well. And if genuine is what you’re after, all of the people associated with those 4 podcasts are very much genuine, great guys.

#3164 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

marty and jeff have fake commercials and regularly plot their friends’ murders on their show, what do you mean they don’t do characters and bits

joel literally replaced tom with a soundboard on triple drain one week, your argument makes no sense, quit being a dingus and either be nice or leave

slam tilt is half beavis and butthead impersonations and silverball chronicles is probably the most heavily scripted pinball podcast on the airwaves, quit acting like this, your bias is so blindingly obvious it’s like it was coded by dwight

#3165 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Different strokes - I don’t prefer and likely won’t listen to another solo den den show.

But I even did Market Trends! /singleteardrop

#3166 2 years ago

Maybe we need a CANCEL button added to our podplayer. This feature would be like adding an exoskeleton to the podcast before uploading it and the button would run desired filters. If each person, sound, impersonation, story, joke, callout, impression etc was indexed before uploading the episode, then listeners could apply multiple filters to block ‘inappropriate’ material and unwanted noise, the result would be just right. Not too hot, not too cold, just perfectly warm and tailored to the individual. Who am I kidding? Ain’t nobody got time that!

#3167 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

market trends is holding you back, slip loose its surly bonds and ascend to your throne

#3168 2 years ago

market trends is holding you back, slip loose its surly bonds and ascend to your throne

Dennis’s pinball persona is at the top of the charts and he’s never been hotter. With that being said …. Dennis is still trending up. Zach has been on spring break hiatus. His ratings are low he is almost forgotten. So with the announce that he’s back …. Zach is trending up, too.

#3169 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

[quoted image]

I enjoyed this podcast. Would love to hear more of Zac Coligan on TPN.

#3170 2 years ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

I enjoyed this podcast. Would love to hear more of Zac Coligan on TPN.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought it was great as well

#3171 2 years ago

yo i haven’t finished it yet but i can’t wait that long, pinball tapes is one of the best pinball shows i’ve ever heard holy crap

edit: a link to the IPDB page of the game being discussed would be great on the show notes so we can follow along with pics

#3172 2 years ago

Ha your still 50% of my favorite show - I just prefer the 2 perspectives (tourney guy and non). Plus it sounded like you were giving Mirco a pass - oh and your wrong about Halloween

Quoted from DennisK:

#3173 2 years ago

Hey, is this the place where I say I was underwhelmed by the most recent Head2Head Pinball Christmas special?

#3174 2 years ago

marty and jeff have fake commercials and regularly plot their friends’ murders on their show, what do you mean they don’t do characters and bits
    joel literally replaced tom with a soundboard on triple drain one week, your argument makes no sense, quit being a dingus and either be nice or leave
    slam tilt is half beavis and butthead impersonations and silverball chronicles is probably the most heavily scripted pinball podcast on the airwaves, quit acting like this, your bias is so blindingly obvious it’s like it was coded by dwight

Just to clarify. Tom was replaced by a soundboard only once and it was on one of my TPN After Hours chatting streams. The Tom you hear on the podcast is always REAL and UNFILTERED!!!!

#3175 2 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Just to clarify. Tom was replaced by a soundboard only once and it was on one of my TPN After Hours chatting streams. The Tom you hear on the podcast is always REAL and UNFILTERED!!!!

you’re right sorry to besmirch the journalistic integrity of triple drain

#3176 2 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

More Tom Talks, Less non-Tom Talks or “fake” talks, forgetsboutit#

#3177 2 years ago

ok real talk y’all, do you think there’s an end in sight for this market stupidity or do i just need to get over it and learn to live in this harsh new reality where robocop is a $4,000 game

DA241943-1125-49A5-BBAD-2EE78A2C0BA2 (resized).jpegDA241943-1125-49A5-BBAD-2EE78A2C0BA2 (resized).jpeg
    #3178 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 96: Return Of The Zach

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Return Of The Zach: Bigger, Bolder, Shillier
    - Reflecting On The Time Away & Goals For The Future
    - Catching Up: Louisville Show, TPF, & The TWIPYs
    - Media Fluff
    - New Rumored Jaws Pinball Title
    - Stern Production Schedule Updates
    - Stern Pinball's Next Cornerstone Game
    - Keith Elwin's Recent Interview Comments
    - Hoisting A Reporter Cap Into The Studio Rafters
    - Making It Rain Golden Nugs
    - Weird Al Pinball First Impressions
    - I Feel Like I'm Taking Crazy Pills!
    - Jersey Jack Pinball Updates
    - Chicago Gaming Company Updates
    - Upcoming Midwest Gaming Classic
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Tennessee State Law

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-ddujr-11f7b48

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).png
    #3179 2 years ago

This is for you Zach, and I'll injoy the production you created. Thanks

20201109_154206 (resized).jpg20201109_154206 (resized).jpg
    #3180 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

- Media Fluff
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Tennessee State Law
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-ddujr-11f7b48[quoted image]

Good Golly Miss Molly. Jackpot.

#3181 2 years ago

ZMeny - We would love to have you visit Colorado. Just stay on the front range. If you saw all those ski lifts we have in the mountains with just a bar across your lap you would stroke out!

#3182 2 years ago

Production schedule updates resulting in earlier delivery of Deadpool Premiums to people with my first and last name will DEFINITELY earn TPS a 5-star review on Apple podcasts.

#3183 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Production schedule updates resulting in earlier delivery of Deadpool Premiums to people with my first and last name will DEFINITELY earn TPS a 5-star review on Apple podcasts.

I think your game is looking pretty good. And you should give a 5-star rating regardless cause we that damn good yo

#3184 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I think your game is looking pretty good. And you should give a 5-star rating regardless cause we that damn good yo

Ready for Zach to dial it up to 11

#3185 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Weird Al Pinball First Impressions

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Bowen and Colin are helping with designing game rules with P3 games, not coding as often mentioned.

Quite a big difference …

rd

#3186 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Bowen and Colin are helping with designing game rules with P3 games, not coding as often mentioned.
    Quite a big difference …
    rd

Good point and yes I believe you are correct.

#3187 2 years ago

Anyone having problems with TPN disappearing from your podcatcher? I'm a long time TPN subscriber, but I now have to search for their content, it doesn't automatically flow through. Not the end of the world, but a pain in the ass nonetheless.

#3188 2 years ago

Welcome back Zach! Great show and you being “real” and in your face is the Zach we all love. Look forward to more shows to come.

#3189 2 years ago

I'm with you on the p3 flippers. They suck as bad as JJPs

#3190 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

There's a couple of podcasts I can't stand but the last thing I would do is go in their thread and insult them. I just simply don't listen to them.

The podcasters are certainly critics of pinball machines; TWIPYs award shows; pinball shows/festivals and any other topics they care to discuss.

But you're saying they themselves cannot be critiqued? I spent my time listening and shared my thoughts. No big whoop.

#3191 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

- Media Fluff
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Tennessee State Law
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-ddujr-11f7b48[quoted image]

Bobby Mueller had the #PINBARtm, and now Zach Meny has the #PINBARNtm. I love it!

Also, I keep hearing that Dennis is the nicest guy in pinball, but IDK. For some reason, I always get the sense that Dennis doesn't really like people that much. Not that Den Den is mean or anything, but just that he isn't really fond of most humans. So I'm always befuddled by people calling Dennis the nicest guy in pinball. Dennis is certainly one of the most well-liked pinball people though.

If we were going for truly "nicest" pinball person. I'd have to think that Joel Engelberth is up there pretty high on the list. I actually do think that Joel likes the company of other human beings.

#3192 2 years ago

Yes, Zach, you're crazy! We all know it; we all accept it. That said, you're not crazy for having opinions. You're crazy for saying there's no agenda behind them while calling BS on me and others for having our own opinions. If you don't agree with them, that's totally cool, but it doesn't make you right and me wrong, or vice versa.

Nor does us adding features and options need to spun as a negative. If you think a feature is bad or wrong, and if we add an option to change it, that seems like a positive thing. If you don't like either option, that's also cool, but I'm not sure why you would criticize us for listening to feedback and adding more options. You can rightfully criticize me for lots of things, but criticizing continual improvement of the P3 is what solidifies my opinion that you have an agenda.

Opinions and criticisms aside... some facts you were unsure (or disagreed with) from the last show:

The flipper buttons on the P3 push into leaf switches (not instant on/off microswitches), and you can absolutely control the strength of your flips with quick flips, do tap passes, do various forms of passes, etc.

The story I told on the F&M podcast is 100% accurate. The 3 games Dennis compared to the P3 were POTC (Stern), I500, and WPT. The heart chest on POTC is at the same position of the walls/scoops. The I500 ramps start an inch or so in front of the walls. WPT is pretty much entirely behind the scoops. Certainly there are games with features lower on the playfield, but big/interactive features are most often on the very sides or farther up the playfield for a very good reason... the lower a feature is on the playfield, the more shot angles it blocks, and that generally makes a game feel clunky. Did you really make transparencies and compare the P3 playfield to other games? That's awesome. Feel free to share the pics. I'd love to see them.

Yes, I did stand back in the booth and wonder what you felt about the game as you played. I spent as much time as I could in the booth watching as many people as possible and wondering how they felt about the game too. All of us had a ton of great conversations with people at the show, and we learned a ton from watching people play. We came back with a good list of things to improve... a few mechanical things to tweak, and a number of gameplay and graphical things.

Overall the show was a ton of fun. It was great to see and hang out with everybody again and especially see them enjoying the Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity. I'm super proud of the team for showing such a mature product at its first public event, and now I'm excited to work through of all of our new challenges... like growing our production team to work through the orders. That's my primary focus now.

I was glad to hear you found a few things in the game you enjoyed too, and I loved Dennis's take on Germs. That's actually a mode where the flipper strength control is super important. You're shooting for the moving 'Al-moebas' on the screen to calm them down. The raised walls represent the far wall of the petri dish, and if you hit them too much, you break through (the 'broken' wall drops), and shooting a ball into the now-open scoop ends the mode prematurely. If you really want, you can trap up and wait for the Al-moebas to 'eat' your flippers. That'll weaken them too.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#3194 2 years ago

Wow how do I follow up on that novel by Gary. Came here to say many of the same things haha.

Assuming you are telling the truth Zach and you have no agenda and are just providing feedback on weird Al, I will say I think you need to give it another chance. Send me a message if you want to talk in private any agenda. Anyway, play a half dozen or so games at a show or friends house. I was blown away at Pinbrew by the game. I've played every game out there, own or owned several of the top ones, and I still think the game is amazing.

The flippers felt great to me. It could have been an issue with the power at TPF or you could just be really used to the stern feel. It's not quite as snappy as Stern, but it felt really good to me. I was making all my shots, I was drop catching, dead flipping, etc. Within a half dozen games, I completed five modes on my first ball. This game will likely have a slow burn but once people get some time on it look out, going to be alot of people getting more interested. I can't wait to get mine, I think so highly of it I'm going to be letting go my Godzilla premium, I'd rather have this!

#3195 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

If we were going for truly "nicest" pinball person. I'd have to think that Joel Engelberth is up there pretty high on the list. I actually do think that Joel likes the company of other humans beings.

Dang Mike, I really appreciate that. Yeah I truly love people. I love getting to know them and just enjoy being around them. COVID lockdown sucked and I'm so glad I found streaming and podcasting to give me a chance to engage with other people while still being at home. Pinball is fun to play but this community is what keeps me coming back for more.

#3196 2 years ago

Appreciate the clarification on Mirco Dennis - good show guys!

#3197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Anyone having problems with TPN disappearing from your podcatcher?

If you want to send me a private message regarding what podcatcher you use I can see about trying to sort the situation out. I subscribe to ensure the episodes are arriving at the main TPN feed and am not having a problem but each application is different. We might just need to direct input the RSS into your app to get around the issue it is having, tough to say.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Also, I keep hearing that Dennis is the nicest guy in pinball, but IDK.

Who knows how all these pinball rumors get started?

Quoted from gstellenberg:

The flipper buttons on the P3 push into leaf switches (not instant on/off microswitches), and you can absolutely control the strength of your flips with quick flips, do tap passes, do various forms of passes, etc.

Thank you for noting this detail. I know I said at the end of the segment that I read here (on Pinside) that leaf switches were being used but the post was five years ago and with the ability to change the buttons I wasn't sure if that was continued onward or not (though the phrasing made me suspect it was).

Quoted from djsolzs:

Appreciate the clarification on Mirco Dennis - good show guys!

Of course, if my word choice was confusing I thought it best to provide clarification. My stance on Mirco is somewhat convoluted given I'm weighing who the consumer's "contract" is with against what we all know in such a small hobby, so I'm not too surprised I didn't present that very well the first time.

#3198 2 years ago

Important note for @dennisk: I hike that mountain in Hawaii every couple months. Was on top of it in February when someone fell off (thankfully that person survived).

#3199 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Important note for DennisK: I hike that mountain in Hawaii every couple months. Was on top of it in February when someone fell off (thankfully that person survived).

Oh, I did not know if it was a popular one for folks. I have never been. Just saw some Reddit posts saying it can be rough especially when wet and depending how far you go.

#3200 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Oh, I did not know if it was a popular one for folks. I have never been. Just saw some Reddit posts saying it can be rough especially when wet and depending how far you go.

Oh yeah. They're now writing stories inventorying deaths over the past ten years and calling on someone to put up a sign at the trailhead indicating how dangerous it can be (note: almost everyone who goes doesn't die or require spinal surgery. Unfortunately, a handful do).

So why would anyone anyone keep doing this hike? Because it's as breathtakingly beautiful as a siren's song. Here's a nice little photo journal of it https://www.journeyera.com/olomana-trail-three-peaks-oahu/

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/64?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.