(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 97.
    #3001 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

There is no BTTF, so that solves that problem.

Perfect! I am a Franchi junkie. I would buy an empty machine if his art was on it.

#3002 2 years ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

Perfect! I am a Franchi junkie. I would buy an empty machine if his art was on it.

Love his art too, but each time he flies off the handle on social media it puts me a step closer towards selling my signed/framed BM66 Movie Poster. I just don't think "plays well with others" is on his report card, as good as his art is. Kind of feels like a "don't meet your heroes" situation unfortunately.

#3003 2 years ago
    Quoted from thekaiser82:

I would buy an empty machine if his art was on it.

Welcome to pinball 2022.

rd

#3004 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Welcome to pinball 2022.
    rd

That is fair. I had that coming

#3005 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Love his art too, but each time he flies off the handle on social media it puts me a step closer towards selling my signed/framed BM66 Movie Poster. I just don't think "plays well with others" is on his report card, as good as his art is. Kind of feels like a "don't meet your heroes" situation unfortunately.

Yeah. Solid point. If you do sell it…lol.

#3006 2 years ago

Zach said he stopped listening to Weird Al at 12 years old but wants a Duck Tails pin

#3007 2 years ago
    Quoted from manadams:

Zach said he stopped listening to Weird Al at 12 years old but wants a Duck Tails pin

Hahaha 100%

#3008 2 years ago

I was looking over the list of Weird Al titles vs original song titles today. Much fun was had. I forgot to listen to his music. I do appreciate his work and especially love the polkas (who doesn’t). His Hamilton song is brilliant. But do I need a pin based on him ??? Probably not, but maybe.

I was thinking about the Franchi news and did a double take. He’s out at Stern but not at Kaminkow, right? Well, since Kaminkow is probably doing BTTF, he could insist on Franchi as his artist. Think I see some wiggle room for Franchi yet. We will have to wait, and see.

#3009 2 years ago

*Follow up for the discussion on the latest TPS episode:

Franchi posted last year that he was working with CGC and American Pinball- looking forward to see what he’s been working on. I’m a fan of his work- he’s had 4 great art packages so far.
    6E4640EE-EAEC-420A-85B6-8FDBF1EFA2FE (resized).jpeg6E4640EE-EAEC-420A-85B6-8FDBF1EFA2FE (resized).jpeg

#3010 2 years ago

so far so good zach

0FB9FBA6-BA90-45B4-9BE1-AFDF999BAE52 (resized).jpeg0FB9FBA6-BA90-45B4-9BE1-AFDF999BAE52 (resized).jpeg
    edit: yes i know i didn’t write everyone’s name on there i’m lazy as shit get over it

#3011 2 years ago

who is Fuptronic?

#3012 2 years ago

LOL... After the Lane Bryant comment, my first thought was, "Lane Bryant still puts out a catalog?"

#3013 2 years ago
    Quoted from Venetic:

who is Fuptronic?

hey we got a wise guy here, go Uck a battery.

#3014 2 years ago

4 min in, getting ready to turn off. Is this some fake interview?

#3015 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

4 min in, getting ready to turn off. Is this some fake interview?

you seem like the kind of person who leaves negative reviews on amazon for breakfast cereal

#3016 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

you seem like the kind of person who leaves negative reviews on amazon for breakfast cereal

If a cereal isn’t loaded with sugar, it deserves a bad review. These brands look sugar out of the title only. I ate 4 of them, until I was in my 30’s.
    2105011A-636E-438E-8B04-79F4B2F08939.jpeg2105011A-636E-438E-8B04-79F4B2F08939.jpeg

#3017 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If a cereal isn’t loaded with sugar, it deserves a bad review.

5980E5BF-4178-4553-9359-D22D0ABB62C1 (resized).jpeg5980E5BF-4178-4553-9359-D22D0ABB62C1 (resized).jpeg
    #3018 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

*Follow up for the discussion on the latest TPS episode:
    Franchi posted last year that he was working with CGC and American Pinball- looking forward to see what he’s been working on. I’m a fan of his work- he’s had 4 great art packages so far.
    [quoted image]

I was surprised by Franchi's "no more Sterns ever" post. Since he's had both Gary Stern and George Gomez on his podcast post-firing. I always took that to mean things were warming up between the two parties.

So I wonder what caused this latest split? Either someone at Stern who isn't Gary or George has an issue with Chris, and they're powerful enough to prevent him being hired again (which would be a very small list of people), or maybe Gary found out Chris was working with JJP? Assuming the rumors that he did a Godfather art package for JJP are true. I think if you work for JJP, then that closes the door at Stern forever, given the companies' histories.

#3019 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I was surprised by Franchi's "no more Sterns ever" post. Since he's had both Gary Stern and George Gomez on his podcast post-firing. I always took that to mean things were warming up between the two parties.
    So I wonder what caused this latest split? Either someone at Stern who isn't Gary or George has an issue with Chris, and they're powerful enough to prevent him being hired again (which would be a very small list of people), or maybe Gary found out Chris was working with JJP? Assuming the rumors that he did a Godfather art package for JJP are true. I think if you work for JJP, then that closes the door at Stern forever, given the companies' histories.

Baseless speculation on my part, but reading between the lines it sounds to me as if he got passed over for a major project that he thought was gonna be his.

As hard as I have tried to mend the bridge, it’s collapsed

hmmmmm

#3020 2 years ago

so far so good zach
    [quoted image]
    edit: yes i know i didn’t write everyone’s name on there i’m lazy as shit get over it

I see a common thread. Kaneda can’t flip P3 for profit & Zach doesn’t sell P3.

If Weird Al was a Stern they’d be HYPED.

#3021 2 years ago

Baseless speculation on my part, but reading between the lines it sounds to me as if he got passed over for a major project that he thought was gonna be his.

hmmmmm

Yeah, good thought.

#3022 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I was thinking the same thing.

#3023 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes - Kaneda buys LE or CE’s of ANY title to flip. So he would have bought WA, except for it being P3 and there being no profit.

ALSO understand Kaneda buys pins for himself based 100% on theme. I don’t know anybody else that does this, yet his choice to buy a game means only that it is his dream theme. He has stated many times that it doesn’t matter to him if that game is great or not, he’ll still buy it. He has also stated many times it doesn’t matter if there are manufacturer playfield issues with a game, he’ll still buy it. All of which seems to CONTRADICT his actions and advice to avoid games that aren’t dream themes, to avoid games with unfixed issues and to avoid manufacturers that don’t give you much for the money nor offer a warranty. Putting his money where his mouth is -> NO. Most entertaining podcaster of the year -> YES.

#3024 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

If you follow my work, such a suggestion is silly. I own and praise many machines that I don’t sell. And I’m publicly critical of products I do sell.

But, if that’s anyone’s takeaway from my thoughts on the P3 platform and new title, then run with it, and go buy it and report back.

#3025 2 years ago

ZMeny - With as much as you are hyping how hot Mando will be soon are we getting more than the topper and IC? Something else in the works…???

#3026 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

If you follow my work, such a suggestion is silly. I own and praise many machines that I don’t sell. And I’m publicly critical of products I do sell.
    But, if that’s anyone’s takeaway from my thoughts on the P3 platform and new title, then run with it, and go buy it and report back.

It’s just a little strange that you & Chris don’t understand what a beloved pop culture icon Weird Al is when this industry is largely fueled by nostalgia.

#3027 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s just a little strange that you & Chris don’t understand what a beloved pop culture icon Weird Al is when this industry is largely fueled by nostalgia.

Never attribute to malice that which could be adequately explained by poor taste.

#3028 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I said it’ll sell, but that still doesn’t make it better than a C/C- theme. At least to me.

#3029 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I said it’ll sell, but that still doesn’t make it better than a C/C- theme. At least to me.

Where would you place Elvira, themewise?

#3030 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

For me low. That theme is campy and fun but does nothing for me. Likely a part of why I no longer own it. For general pinball community, given the history of the other games? B+? For my taste? C theme

#3031 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

For me low. That theme is campy and fun but does nothing for me. Likely a part of why I no longer own it. For general pinball community, given the history of the other games? B+? For my taste? C theme

You passed the test lol....cuz I was gonna say, Al & Elvira are similar 80s/90s campy character "host" themes. I think Al has had a bigger pop culture impact with his music videos, albums, TV/movie appearances, collaborations with comedians, voiceover work, etc. Kids know who Al is...probably not Elvira.

#3032 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You passed the test lol....cuz I was gonna say, Al & Elvira are similar 80s/90s campy character "host" themes. I think Al has had a bigger pop culture impact with his music videos, albums, TV/movie appearances, collaborations with comedians, voiceover work, etc. Kids know who Al is...probably not Elvira.

I agree that Al is more relevant generally. And I think he’s work is fun and it’s good. I enjoy it. But not enough to go gaga for it in my gameroom. But I can see fans of his loving it. Elvira has the pull though because of the pinball history and, well, a lot of guys really like that, um, character.

#3033 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I agree that Al is more relevant generally. And I think he’s work is fun and it’s good. I enjoy it. But not enough to go gaga for it in my gameroom. But I can see fans of his loving it. Elvira has the pull though because of the pinball history and, well, a lot of guys really like that, um, character.

I think you're still underestimating Weird Al & how much people love him, especially his hardcore fans. Elvira, Weird Al, Pee-Wee...the "characters" like this from the 80's hold a very special place with people...and there's crossover into the pinball buyers world with that type of nostalgia. They also lend themselves to more original games than a license usually allows. It's a potential for "best of both worlds" for those who want licenses and those who want originality.

Also - humor pretty much always sells pinball.

#3034 2 years ago

What about the best 80s themed toy???

“Welcome fellow human…”

#3035 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I think you're still underestimating Weird Al & how much people love him, especially his hardcore fans. Elvira, Weird Al, Pee-Wee...the "characters" like this from the 80's hold a very special place with people...and there's crossover into the pinball buyers world with that type of nostalgia. They also lend themselves to more original games than a license usually allows. It's a potential for "best of both worlds" for those who want licenses and those who want originality.
    Also - humor pretty much always sells pinball.

I'm all-in on a Pee Wee's Big Adventure

#3036 2 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 51: Dumb and Dumber

Hosts: Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis

Martin and Jeff discuss:
    - the magic of INDISC
    - Haggis excitement
    - sponsor of the week
    - last few weeks
    - #scoopgate...Jeff's new beef
    - Who Will Marty Save?

Direct Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram: @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

final round ep 51 thumbnail (resized).jpegfinal round ep 51 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    #3037 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Elvira is a solid C for me too... Awesome game though.

#3038 2 years ago

Elvira is an A-, having watched her most weekends, growing up in the 70’s. PeeWee would be an A+ theme, while Weird Al is more of a C pinball theme.

#3039 2 years ago

Elvira is a 34D for me.

#3040 2 years ago

Elvira really heating up ‘the boys’’ in the 70’s. EHOH was a great fit for me.
    F5414F23-718C-438D-A58D-23855F5C21EC.gifF5414F23-718C-438D-A58D-23855F5C21EC.gif

#3041 2 years ago

wow sounds like a Bally Frontier in here all of a sudden

#3042 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 7: Bob Baffy, Sound Designer/Engineer

Host: Matt Morrison
    Special Guest: Bob Baffy, Video Game & Pinball Sound Designer/Engineer

TPSI host Matt Morrison sits down with veteran Sound Designer/Engineer Bob Baffy to discuss his career in video game and pinball sound programming, as well as deep diving into working on recent pinball releases such as Led Zeppelin and Rush!

The Pinball Show would like to express great appreciation and thanks to Bob Baffy for joining us, as well as a special thanks to Stern Pinball. The Stern Pinball company is heavily responsible for the continual growth of this industry and we at The Pinball Network are very grateful for the team and their contributions.

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-5b7mj-11b8cfa

The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpgThe Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    #3043 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 93: Keepin' It Real With P3, JJP 7 Release, CCr Updates, & Cornerstoned By Stern

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- We Pay Tribute To The Late Pinball Great, Barry Oursler
    - Multimorphic Reveals Their New P3 Module/Game Weird Al's Museum Of Natural Hilarity
    - What Looks Great On Weird Al & What Does Not
    - P3 Ordering Confusion
    - ONE OF THEM! Catching Aggression When Voicing Criticism
    - Trending Down? New P3 Values On The Secondary Market
    - Leaving Early Adopters High & Dry
    - Dennis Gets Real...Real Fast
    - Pinball Profile Interviews IFPA President & Consultant Josh Sharpe
    - Cactus Canyon Remake Updates
    - Stern Pinball Announces Big Changes To 2022 Cornerstone Releases
    - Jersey Jack Pinball's Next Title Release Schedule Update
    - The Pinball Show Interviews Bob Baffy
    - Karl DeAngelo: The Charismatic Troll
    - Pinball Market Tre....
    - Why Is Luke Skywalker A Dick?!

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cq5gq-11bb37f

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).png

#3045 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:Deleted post

That’s not very nice. What did I do again?

#3046 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Elvira really heating up ‘the boys’’ in the 70’s. EHOH was a great fit for me.
    [quoted image]

Can't . . . stop . . . staring

#3047 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

That’s not very nice. What did I do again?

Yeah Zitt, please be more specific!

#3048 2 years ago

podbean link for ep. 93 dead - 404

#3049 2 years ago

Episode 93 on Podbean stopped working

#3050 2 years ago

should be good now everyone sorry about that

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.