Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,823 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,823 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 97.
    #201 4 years ago

We aren’t in a rush and since we are not establishing an employee-based corporation with stock options it will get done when it gets done. Again, we are simply trying to create free media for those interested and support those providers wanting to make their own content. We are trying to help and add to the hobby, not trying to piss people off.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

We aren’t in a rush and since we are not establishing an employee-based corporation with stock options it will get done when it gets done. Again, we are simply trying to create free media for those interested and support those providers wanting to make their own content. We are trying to help and add to the hobby, not trying to piss people off.

Everyone has a giant chip on their shoulders these days. The sense of entitlement is through the roof. I blame the "president" for setting a terrible example...

Keep up the good work Zach, and just ignore the haters. Vocal minority with nothing constructive to add.

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

It doesn’t start as promoted until 2/10. Have they missed a timeline?

LOL! Building a website 4 days before the launch??? Naw, they should be good

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

LOL! Building a website 4 days before the launch??? Naw, they should be good

I’ll make sure to refund your money. I wasn’t aware of needing a website to create podcasts, videos, and streams. Also, website has been established longer than 4 days ago. Anything positive to add?

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

I just find it better than the usual morning talk radio that doesn't talk about anything I'm interested in. I couldn't care less what's happening with actors, singers, and sports. "Oh hey, the same thing but it's pinball. Nice."

For sure. And I get the appeal of that stuff too, it's just not for me. I'd also never fault anyone for not enjoying the podcast format, but to be completely befuddled as to how anyone could possibly enjoy it was a pretty bad take ha.

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can get your updates right here it looks like. Then just listen with your favorite podcatcher, watch on twitch and YouTube.

I assumed TPN was going to be your one stop shop for all your pinball entertainment . If the website is going to happen will it need a new name as TPN seems to be taken ?

IMG_20200208_002508 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_002508 (resized).jpg
    #207 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

If the website is going to happen will it need a new name as TPN seems to be taken ?

You don't say?

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You don't say?

I did say .

#209 4 years ago

Just drop the “the”. It’s cleaner.

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just drop the “the”. It’s cleaner.

Looks like PN is taken as well .

IMG_20200208_015524 (resized).jpgIMG_20200208_015524 (resized).jpg
    #212 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It was a joke. Haha

I know , but I thought I would just check it out . It will be interesting what Zach comes up with .

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I know , but I thought I would just check it out . It will be interesting what Zach comes up with .

There are various TLD with close enough names still open and variations with dashes in the name. If you want it you can still get it.

#214 4 years ago

A nice gesture would be for the person that registered thepinballnetwork.com give it to Zach.

Yeah; Zach should have grabbed the domain name a long time ago, but it would build much needed goodwill for Kan....I mean whoever has it.

#215 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

A nice gesture would be for the person that registered thepinballnetwork.com give it to Zach.
    Yeah; Zach should have grabbed the domain name a long time ago, but it would build much needed goodwill for Kan....I mean whoever has it.

I don't know if the "I take something, but give it back as a grand gesture" thing will do anything positive for him. I think it just confirmes what people think about him, regardless what he does now.

#216 4 years ago

www.thisweekinpinballnetwork.com is available.
    www.theweekinpinballnetwork.com is available.

#217 4 years ago

thepinballnetwork.org would be perfect.

#218 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

in any case, pinballnetwork.com, pinballnet.work and thepinballnet.work are all available for purchase.

#219 4 years ago

You guys might as well just send all the available ones to Kaneda he is probably scooping them up as fast as he can.

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

You guys might as well just send all the available ones to Kaneda he is probably scooping them up as fast as he can.

Nah. Only an insecure tool would do something like that.

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

www.thisweekinpinballnetwork.com is available.
    www.theweekinpinballnetwork.com is available.

Just a reminder/FYI, TWIP is not involved or associated with The Pinball Network.

#222 4 years ago

TPN could be renamed - Pinball And Intergalactic Network. Then we could all agree it was a big P.A.I.N.. Quick, buy Pain.com and come out swinging.

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

...are the podcasts going to show up in my usual podcast app if I search for them?
    I use Overcast.

One problem I have with my podcast player (FM player, I think) is it doesn't spot all the pinball podcasts. Sometimes, if I remember, I add them via by RSS. That seems to be awkward tho. So if they all show up in one place, then that's a plus for TPN in my book.

#224 4 years ago

I don't listen to any pinball podcasts, it's just not my thing, so I can't comment on that portion of TPN.

But I can comment on the Twitch/stream section. I stream pinball and I've got affiliate status, as well as having streamed a major pinball show and it's associated tournaments. It's not like I just walked in off the street. I know what goes into putting together a really good stream, the amount of work it takes from the people doing it, the cost, the headaches associated with trying to make 3-5 cameras play nice, etc. I say all of that as a preface to this: I respect all of you who make the effort to stream, it's not easy. I watch many of your streams regularly, and I know how hard it can be to even give a shit about streaming when Deadflip or Buffalo or some other big pinball streamer is on. You know you probably won't get any viewers. But you do it anyways, because you love pinball, and I salute you for that. So I imagine for a lot of the streamers who joined on with TPN the thought was "it can't hurt, why not?". To that I say:

As far as Twitch goes, The Pinball Network has existed for years, you can find it here:
    https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Pinball

I don't mean to shit on TPN, you guys do you, but as far as Twitch goes there is, at most, 10-20 streamers on at any given time. Usually it's 0-5. It's an incredibly niche market, it's not difficult to find literally everyone who is streaming at any given time...you just go to that link and see who is live and watch them. Either people are on Twitch at the time you stream and watch, or they're not and they don't. If you want to support small pinball streamers, go to that link and watch the people with nobody watching them. Chat with them. Help them get better. It will mean more to them than those of you who don't stream can possibly imagine.

TPN, hopefully you guys will "spread the word" about pinball, and get more people watching, that would be great, but I just don't see how slapping a logo on all the small streams accomplishes that in any way. Either way, best of luck to you.

#225 4 years ago

Check out Don’t Panic Flip, GREAT streamer! Follow twitch.tv/pinballnetwork to be directed to Don’t Panic Flip and the team of other pinball streaming channels!

810D09F7-2FE0-43D3-B2BC-A8107B09DF6E (resized).jpeg810D09F7-2FE0-43D3-B2BC-A8107B09DF6E (resized).jpeg

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

I don't listen to any pinball podcasts, it's just not my thing, so I can't comment on that portion of TPN.
    But I can comment on the Twitch/stream section. I stream pinball and I've got affiliate status, as well as having streamed a major pinball show and it's associated tournaments. It's not like I just walked in off the street. I know what goes into putting together a really good stream, the amount of work it takes from the people doing it, the cost, the headaches associated with trying to make 3-5 cameras play nice, etc. I say all of that as a preface to this: I respect all of you who make the effort to stream, it's not easy. I watch many of your streams regularly, and I know how hard it can be to even give a shit about streaming when Deadflip or Buffalo or some other big pinball streamer is on. You know you probably won't get any viewers. But you do it anyways, because you love pinball, and I salute you for that. So I imagine for a lot of the streamers who joined on with TPN the thought was "it can't hurt, why not?". To that I say:
    As far as Twitch goes, The Pinball Network has existed for years, you can find it here:
    https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Pinball
    I don't mean to shit on TPN, you guys do you, but as far as Twitch goes there is, at most, 10-20 streamers on at any given time. Usually it's 0-5. It's an incredibly niche market, it's not difficult to find literally everyone who is streaming at any given time...you just go to that link and see who is live and watch them. Either people are on Twitch at the time you stream and watch, or they're not and they don't. If you want to support small pinball streamers, go to that link and watch the people with nobody watching them. Chat with them. Help them get better. It will mean more to them than those of you who don't stream can possibly imagine.
    TPN, hopefully you guys will "spread the word" about pinball, and get more people watching, that would be great, but I just don't see how slapping a logo on all the small streams accomplishes that in any way. Either way, best of luck to you.

What's your channel? I'll give you a follow!

I don't use Facebook and have the Twitch Pinball category bookmarked and that is how I've found people in the past as well.

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Check out Don’t Panic Flip, GREAT streamer! Follow twitch.tv/pinballnetwork to be directed to Don’t Panic Flip and the team of other pinball streaming channels!
    [quoted image]

Also, Don't Panic Flip has the best camera settings I've ever seen...

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from VonPinball:

What's your channel? I'll give you a follow!
    I don't use Facebook and have the Twitch Pinball category bookmarked and that is how I've found people in the past as well.

Yeah, that's the other problem for me. I deleted my facebook in like 2010 and haven't looked back since. Thanks, that's appreciated! You can
    find me at https://www.twitch.tv/aeonblack6

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Yeah, that's the other problem for me. I deleted my facebook in like 2010 and haven't looked back since. Thanks, that's appreciated! You can
    find me at https://www.twitch.tv/aeonblack6

See aeonblack, TPN has helped you find another viewer. It’s promotion of pinball and everyone wins

#230 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

See aeonblack, TPN has helped you find another viewer. It’s promotion of pinball and everyone wins

LOL. I guess that's something. But seriously, is there a game plan to promote streamers? What is the TPN plan (under normal circumstances) for getting more viewers onto streamers? Because if you're talking about increasing exposure to pinball, that is what that means for streamers.

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

LOL. I guess that's something. But seriously, is there a game plan to promote streamers? What is the TPN plan (under normal circumstances) for getting more viewers onto streamers? Because if you're talking about increasing exposure to pinball, that is what that means for streamers.

Our first two streams since joining TPN have been great, we saw a numbers bump immediately. New faces showing up in chat. People bash on Facebook but we have had more engagement there as well. Maybe it is temporary, but so far we are happy.

Truth be told I still don't know if many people in the pinball community know about twitch or how to find pinball on it.

#232 4 years ago

Introducing the next podcaster to join The Pinball Network.....YOU!

Off The Record Pinball Podcast is the chance to record your own episode (solo, duo, group). You choose the format, you choose the topics, you choose your show. Be part of something. Be creative. Be heard.

Ever want to try out pinball podcasting, but worried about the long-term commitments, setting up the logistics, or building an audience? Give it a try, you may have fun!

Sign up now by emailing [email protected] and we can put you on the schedule.

51B114EB-2F41-44CA-AC95-CDB82B99DCE8 (resized).jpeg51B114EB-2F41-44CA-AC95-CDB82B99DCE8 (resized).jpeg
    #233 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Off The Record Pinball Podcast is the chance to record your own episode (solo, duo, group). You choose the format, you choose the topics, you choose your show. Be part of something. Be creative. Be heard.
    Ever want to try out pinball podcasting, but worried about the long-term commitments, setting up the logistics, or building an audience? Give it a try, you may have fun!
    Sign up now by emailing [email protected] and we can put you on the schedule.[quoted image]

That's awesome! If you guys do all the editing I bet there is a ton of people that have enough material for like a couple of episodes but don't want to do everything regularly and by themselves. I love what you guys are doing, can't wait till everything goes life on Monday!

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

Truth be told I still don't know if many people in the pinball community know about twitch or how to find pinball on it.

This. And I never search twitch by the pinball category. I’ve followed at least 3 new streams because of TPN.

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Sign up now by emailing [email protected] and we can put you on the schedule.[quoted image]

I want to do a "Mystery Science Theater" type talk over with Chuckwurt playing. lol

#236 4 years ago

ZMeny so what's going to happen at launch tomorrow?

#237 4 years ago

When I open a browser and go to twitch.tv/pinballnetwork I’m not seeing any videos or anything listed. What am I missing? Wrong address?

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

When I open a browser and go to twitch.tv/pinballnetwork I’m not seeing any videos or anything listed. What am I missing? Wrong address?

When you follow them they will host all the members of the TPN when they go live form their own channels.

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I want to do a "Mystery Science Theater" type talk over with Chuckwurt playing. lol

Haha..I would be happy to help with this one.

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

ZMeny so what's going to happen at launch tomorrow?

The Pinball Show will air tomorrow, followed by other podcasts throughout the week. We will also have some videos this week on YouTube.

Follow The Pinball Network on your favorite pod catcher to stay up to date with all released content.

#241 4 years ago

This network is certainly exposing many podcasts/shows I’d never heard of before! It’s definitely got the exposure part correct

#242 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show will air tomorrow, followed by other podcasts throughout the week. We will also have some videos this week on YouTube.
    Follow The Pinball Network on your favorite pod catcher to stay up to date with all released content.

I'm a dinosaur when it comes to the internet , and I don't have a podcatcher ( or even know how that works ) , do I just Google " The Pinball show " to find the podcast ? And what do I type in to find you guys on YouTube .

#243 4 years ago

Is there are rss feed link for this?

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Network Presents
    The Pinball Show Episode 1: The Pilot
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-aqdbs-d31113

Hopefully that works. Searching ‘The Pinball Network’ in many podcast player search bars will find it for ya.

#246 4 years ago

Zach, all of the shows will be on the one podcast channel?

But the twitch streams have their own?

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Zach, all of the shows will be on the one podcast channel?
    But the twitch streams have their own?

Correct. One place for podcasts. Streams can be found in one place as well, as we host the channels from the twitch channel: Twitch.tv/pinballnetwork so if you follow there then it will redirect you to TPN channels when they go live.

#248 4 years ago

OK thanks

#249 4 years ago

I’m hoping the first story covered on the news will be “why Zach and Greg are no longer doing the TWIPY awards”! Total let down you guys were the show!

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m hoping the first story covered on the news will be “why Zach and Greg are no longer doing the TWIPY awards”! Total let down you guys were the show!

Thanks for the support. I’ll be there still, cheering on the winners!

There are 4,823 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/5?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.