(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 97.
    #2801 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Is everyone OK with the rising entry barrier, to the hobby?

Costs a dollar or less to play on location. Pretty easy to get into this hobby. You don’t have to own any machines.

Original IP doesn’t sell. Don’t expect companies to do it with very rare exceptions.

#2802 2 years ago

I would listen to Craig Bobby read a Dave Barry book silently to himself apart from the occasional amused giggle.

#2803 2 years ago

Craig Bobby is the silver fox of the TPN Correspondents! He's got that Clooney early-gray thing going for him. What a stud!

#2804 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

A idea would be is for manfactures to "go back to the basics"
    Single level games.
    No habit trails.
    Simple game play.
    Orginal IP.
    No toppers.
    Alpha numeric displays.

I’ve seen this before … unfortunately it doesn’t make sense.

A game with no ramps costs almost the same to make.

Same boards cabinet wood legs stickers playfield wires etc etc.

Ramps in big volume probably cost $30 per each (tooling cost spread across hundreds of ramps)

5 Alpha Numeric displays are way more expensive than an LCD. You do save on programming the content though.

Ultimately - pinball machines are so expensive because people keep buying them.

As long as people keep buying them - the sky is the limit. If this keeps up, the Stern LE RRP will be $12,000 within a year or two.

rd

#2805 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 47: Muppets

The feedburner link here seems dead. You can get to the page, but when you try to download, it dies with "can't download, network error" for me, every time.

#2806 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

As long as people keep buying them - the sky is the limit. If this keeps up, the Stern LE RRP will be $12,000 within a year or two. rd

Dog years, not human, at this rate.

#2807 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The feedburner link here seems dead. You can get to the page, but when you try to download, it dies with "can't download, network error" for me, every time.

I just tested it in my podcatcher and it worked fine (downloading and playing the episode) and when I went to the Feedburner link (http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork) it played for me both via the Play Now button at the top of the episode and in the player at the bottom of the episode.

Could have been a temporary issue or possibly tied to the network (namely wifi) you are on if it blocks certain ports. Only things that come to mind since I am unable to duplicate, but that was something I had to deal with for another podcast (one wifi I am often on never let me download always needed to use another).

So I'd suggest trying again and if the error happens again if possible you could try accessing via another network connection. Since I can't duplicate the error that's all I can really suggest at this point, sorry.

#2808 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

I just tested it in my podcatcher and it worked fine (downloading and playing the episode) and when I went to the Feedburner link (http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork) it played for me both via the Play Now button at the top of the episode and in the player at the bottom of the episode.
    Could have been a temporary issue or possibly tied to the network (namely wifi) you are on if it blocks certain ports. Only things that come to mind since I am unable to duplicate, but that was something I had to deal with for another podcast (one wifi I am often on never let me download always needed to use another).
    So I'd suggest trying again and if the error happens again if possible you could try accessing via another network connection. Since I can't duplicate the error that's all I can really suggest at this point, sorry.

I only tried download, not play. Wired network tried using MS Edge, Firefox, Opera all failed with interrupted network error. The other sources for download work fine only feedburner failed with network error.

EDIT: Tried again with firefox with the adblock off and the first try failed with interrupted connection, but the second try worked. Weird.

#2809 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I only tried download, not play. Wired network tried using MS Edge, Firefox, Opera all failed with interrupted network error. The other sources for download work fine only feedburner failed with network error.
    EDIT: Tried again with firefox with the adblock off and the first try failed with interrupted connection, but the second try worked. Weird.

Why Opera? This is one browser I’ve never tried.

#2810 2 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Why Opera? This is one browser I’ve never tried.

Probably better you don't. China owns it now and is likely doing bad things with it. It used to be a good alternative when IE sucked and Firefox was headed down a dark path. Now, I recommend Firefox pretty much exclusively.

#2811 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Costs a dollar or less to play on location.

So what happens when someone decides to go buy one for themselves and finds a 50k price tag.

#2812 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

So what happens when someone decides to go buy one for themselves and finds a 50k price tag.

Pay 50k or don’t.

#2813 2 years ago

One more thing to add to your list of cons on Halloween is a missing cover for the base of the sweet topper, so you don’t see the wires, gears, metal and stuff. The cover could be made of black plastic or black cardboard. It could hide led lighting to spotlight the topper or something artsy could be sculpted. But not providing trim to cleanup and hide the topper base is not up to industry standards. Simple fix - Spooky designs and produces a topper base cover to add during new builds and ships them to current owners.

#2814 2 years ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Episode 11: 2021 Year In Review

Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie

2021 brought a bunch of new games and new innovations. There were a few big hires as some people changed companies within pinball. We had tournaments that shut down while Expos started back up. We covered all of this and more as we tried our best to do our 2021 year in review!

And of course… Tom Talks

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tripledrain
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tripledrainpodcast/
    Email: [email protected]
    Merch: https://silverballswag.com/collections/triple-drain-pinball-podcast

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-3tyey-1158394

Triple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).PNGTriple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).PNG
    #2815 2 years ago

I would listen to Tom Graf read the 1980-1982 Williams parts catalog.

Or any of them really, as long as there are no parts in it for Pinbot.

#2816 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

I would listen to Tom Graf read the 1980-1982 Williams parts catalog.
    Or any of them really, as long as there are no parts in it for Pinbot.

Lmao

#2817 2 years ago

Re: Latest episode of Triple Drain

Travis, you may pronounce a few words weird… but as long as you don’t pronounce “frustrating” as “fustrating” like a certain banned-from-pinside podcast host who thinks pretty highly of himself, you’re doing just fine.

#2818 2 years ago

and synergistic is absolutely a word.....

#2819 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dan1733:

Listening now and just heard that word...

#2820 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dan1733:

Synergistic is a word.
    Syngistic or whatever Travis tried is not...

#2821 2 years ago

Free Play Pinball Podcast Episode 10: Zombies? Yetis? Oh, It's Just Zombie Yeti!

Hosts: Amanda Hamilton & Bill Webb
    Special Guest: Jeremy Packer aka Zombie Yeti

Amanda and Bill get creative with special guest pinball artist extraordinaire Zombie Yeti. They discuss his work, his hair, and his feelings about Zach's mobile shrine.

Social: facebook.com/freeplaypinballpodcast

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-pm58j-115aa98

free play pinball podcast logo (resized).pngfree play pinball podcast logo (resized).png
    #2822 2 years ago

I would listen to Bill and Amanda read from their show notes while I fall asleep at 8pm on a Friday night because that’s all the gas I got left in the tank tonight but the bit must go through, rain or shine.

#2823 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Re: Latest episode of Triple Drain
    Travis, you may pronounce a few words weird… but as long as you don’t pronounce “frustrating” as “fustrating” like a certain banned-from-pinside podcast host who thinks pretty highly of himself, you’re doing just fine.

I'm not sure how I "fill" about that.
    I mean, if it generates more "sells" for Stern...

#2824 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 85: Turning Tides In Pinball Media & How The Kriesel Stole Christmas

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- What Do You Gift A Kriesel?
    - Announcing The TPN Dedicated Stream Channel
    - The Crystals Are Back: What's New In 2021?
    - Free Play w/ Zombie Yeti
    - The Yeti Wasn't Fully Satisfied With Godzilla Art Package
    - NEW Stern Code & A Lot Of It
    - Stern Production Updates: Insider Connected, Games, & Accessories
    - JJP Ownership Gives Back To Their Employees
    - Alien LV Video Teaser (insert raspy hiss)
    - Funhouse: Rudy's Nightmare Video Teaser
    - Multimorphic Adds A Couple Of Pilgrims To Their Team
    - Dennis Vs. The Halloweeners
    - Pinbal Market Trends
    - Nice Try P3 Fanboys & Fangirls
    - NEW SUB-SEGMENT: Pinball Bounty
    - TPN Last Week
    - TPN This Week

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-iuuyi-115eab9

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).png
    #2825 2 years ago

Coming In 2022, BIG names, BIG content, BIG sponsors

#2826 2 years ago

I would listen to Dennis talk about watches if I could.

I tried.

I just can’t.

#2827 2 years ago

ps - https://www.swatch.com/en-en/internet-time.html

the video is mandatory viewing on the level of the Punny Factory wizard.

#2828 2 years ago

I would listen to Dennis talk about watches if I could.
    I tried.
    I just can’t.

You might not want to listen.. but.. would you….

Watch?

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #2829 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

You might not want to listen.. but.. would you….
    Watch?[quoted image]

You know what? Since it’s the holidays, I’ll let this one slide without strangling you through the computer screen.

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal.

#2830 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the PIA last year and was excited they were returning. Sad to hear the winners are just being trickled out on some social media posts with no actual show. It seems that TPN has dozens of talented folks with cameras and mics that could present them in a show where the community could watch with some anticipation and excitement.

#2831 2 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 48: Sorcery

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins
    Special Guest: Gerry Stellenberg

Multimorphic president Gerry Stellenberg joins Martin & Jeff to discuss:
    - biggest bang for your buck in pinball
    - new flippers and artwork
    - helping the homebrew community
    - new licensed theme and staff in 2022

Plus:
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - last 2 weeks
    - explaining Rush and other Canadian bands to Martin
    - Jeff cuts his hair
    - Who Will Marty Save: The Christmas Miracle edition
    - Celts gets praise

direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-bpj7y-1160cb2

final round 48 sorcery (resized).jpegfinal round 48 sorcery (resized).jpeg
    #2832 2 years ago

Free Play Pinball Podcast Episode 11: Spreading Christmas Joy w/Dwight Sullivan

Hosts: Amanda Hamilton & Bill Webb
    Special Guest: Dwight Sullivan

Amanda and Bill spread some Christmas joy with Stern's busiest programming elf, Dwight Sullivan. The group discusses pinball in 2021, new additions to the Stern Pinball family, and Dwight drops a couple of North Pole nuggets!

Warning: Some Mature Language

Merry Christmas!

Social: facebook.com/freeplaypinballpodcast

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-egp35-1162258

free play pinball podcast logo (resized).pngfree play pinball podcast logo (resized).png
    #2833 2 years ago

TPN has been stuffing our stockings with a lot of great content in the lead up to Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all at TPN, even the Grinch we call Kriesel

#2834 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

I really enjoyed the PIA last year and was excited they were returning. Sad to hear the winners are just being trickled out on some social media posts with no actual show. It seems that TPN has dozens of talented folks with cameras and mics that could present them in a show where the community could watch with some anticipation and excitement.

True. And honestly, one of the streamers could simply read off the winners during one of their streams. Similar to how Zach and Greg did the first Twipys. It wouldn't need to be some massively prepared or edited thing. Just a quick live show, during an all ready planned stream.

#2835 2 years ago

Happy Holidays from The Pinball Show!

What did Zach gift Dennis this year?!?! Let’s see your guesses in the comments below and they will be shared in two weeks on Episode 86. If anyone correctly guesses one of the many gifts, you’ll win a prize!!!!

#2836 2 years ago

A fully shopped and restored Hardbody!

#2837 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Happy Holidays from The Pinball Show!
    What did Zach gift Dennis this year?!?! Let’s see your guesses in the comments below and they will be shared in two weeks on Episode 86. If anyone correctly guesses one of the many gifts, you’ll win a prize!!!!

This seems likely.

Grinch (resized).pngGrinch (resized).png
    #2838 2 years ago

Zach’s 2021 Gifts to DenDen

Upgraded Memory - Clearly Dennis still has much to learn and now he’s got some extra capacity.

GPS Tacker - How better for Zach to keep track of Dennis, who’s running around faster than a two year old? The tricky part is getting Dennis to swallow the transmitter.

Mixed Tape - People used to make a mixed tapes for their crushes. Well, Zach recorded his favorite Karaoke ballads so Dennis can enjoy the beat, every day of the year (sometimes twice a day). His best tune recorded is …. Welcome to the Jungle.

Lingerie - ok this is getting ridiculous but Zach’s got stuck with 100 cases of briefs with his face on the flap. So Dennis receives a case of Zach underoos.

PIA Award - Zach wants to gift Dennis a PIA award but can’t find a category. So he creates a new one - Podcaster BFF of the Year - and awards it Dennis. (Zach really just wanted to be able to say that Dennis is a real pita to work with).

Jurassic Park wall calendar - centerfold is Jeff Goldbloom in an open black shirt reclining pose, enough said.

Ballad of Ricky Bobby dvd - Zach has poor taste in movies but wants to share his love of celluloid with Dennis. Nothing screams NASCAR and Christmas like this buddy flick.

Roo Sack - Dennis needs a safe warm place to store his balls. Now he has a kangaroo pouch to to cushion his clackers and preserve them for generations.

MiniPinstadium / Watch Wiper Mod - inspired by Pinstadium portable light system, Zach patents a MiniPinstadiums to fit any standard watch. The mod also includes two small wiper blades that will wipe away the fiercest torrential rainfall. Dennis is so grateful he makes and patents a smaller version for ladies watches and gifts it back to Zach.

Hottub - having an above ground pool is one of Zach’s greatest accomplishments in life. It suits his lifestyle but and he wanted Dennis to feel the heat. So he has an inground jacuzzi installed on Dennis’s property in the middle of the night. At daybreak the joke’s on Dennis, since the hottub looks strikingly similar to the above ground pool that used to be at Zach’s.

Cologne - Zach’s kitchen experiment worked and he created a signature scent. Described as being raw and a little musky smelling, this cologne captures Zach’s essence, his Zessence. Don’t wear if unprepared to fight off a pack of wild, hungry dogs.

Scientific T-Shirts - lots of market trends t-shirts are available. You might say they were trending down. Fear not, Zach doesn’t understand the tshirt graphics but figures it has to do with game prices going up and down and he thinks Dennis would look really smart wearing the shirt. He doesn’t know Dennis shirt size so he buys him one in ten sizes.

Christmas Film Library - not wanting Dennis to feel lonely at Christmas, Zach surprises Dennis with a first copy of the original Christmas movie to rule them all …. Diehard. High Def Director’s Cut with Dolby Surround Sound. Guaranteed to warm the coldest heart. Yippee Ki Yay, TPS Fans!!

Kaneda Army Subscription - listen to #1 pinball podcast by 4-time TWIPPY winning host and America’s favorite father for $5 a month and never venture beyond the paywall again.

#2839 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Zach’s 2021 Gifts to DenDen
    Upgraded Memory - Clearly Dennis still has much to learn and now he’s got some extra capacity.
    GPS Tacker - How better for Zach to keep track of Dennis, who’s running around faster than a two year old? The tricky part is getting Dennis to swallow the transmitter.
    Mixed Tape - People used to make a mixed tapes for their crushes. Well, Zach recorded his favorite Karaoke ballads so Dennis can enjoy the beat, every day of the year (sometimes twice a day). His best tune recorded is …. Welcome to the Jungle.
    Lingerie - ok this is getting ridiculous but Zach’s got stuck with 100 cases of briefs with his face on the flap. So Dennis receives a case of Zach underoos.
    PIA Award - Zach wants to gift Dennis a PIA award but can’t find a category. So he creates a new one - Podcaster BFF of the Year - and awards it Dennis. (Zach really just wanted to be able to say that Dennis is a real pita to work with).
    Jurassic Park wall calendar - centerfold is Jeff Goldbloom in an open black shirt reclining pose, enough said.
    Ballad of Ricky Bobby dvd - Zach has poor taste in movies but wants to share his love of celluloid with Dennis. Nothing screams NASCAR and Christmas like this buddy flick.
    Roo Sack - Dennis needs a safe warm place to store his balls. Now he has a kangaroo pouch to to cushion his clackers and preserve them for generations.
    MiniPinstadium / Watch Wiper Mod - inspired by Pinstadium portable light system, Zach patents a MiniPinstadiums to fit any standard watch. The mod also includes two small wiper blades that will wipe away the fiercest torrential rainfall. Dennis is so grateful he makes and patents a smaller version for ladies watches and gifts it back to Zach.
    Hottub - having an above ground pool is one of Zach’s greatest accomplishments in life. It suits his lifestyle but and he wanted Dennis to feel the heat. So he has an inground jacuzzi installed on Dennis’s property in the middle of the night. At daybreak the joke’s on Dennis, since the hottub looks strikingly similar to the above ground pool that used to be at Zach’s.
    Cologne - Zach’s kitchen experiment worked and he created a signature scent. Described as being raw and a little musky smelling, this cologne captures Zach’s essence, his Zessence. Don’t wear if unprepared to fight off a pack of wild, hungry dogs.
    Scientific T-Shirts - lots of market trends t-shirts are available. You might say they were trending down. Fear not, Zach doesn’t understand the tshirt graphics but figures it has to do with game prices going up and down and he thinks Dennis would look really smart wearing the shirt. He doesn’t know Dennis shirt size so he buys him one in ten sizes.
    Christmas Film Library - not wanting Dennis to feel lonely at Christmas, Zach surprises Dennis with a first copy of the original Christmas movie to rule them all …. Diehard. High Def Director’s Cut with Dolby Surround Sound. Guaranteed to warm the coldest heart. Yippee Ki Yay, TPS Fans!!
    Kaneda Army Subscription - listen to #1 pinball podcast by 4-time TWIPPY winning host and America’s favorite father for $5 a month and never venture beyond the paywall again.

Just wow. I’m loving this and will be saving for next year gift ideas!

#2840 2 years ago

You had Dwight on, so Christmas came out on time.

Better get Lyman busy now for next year's Christmas show.

#2841 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Coming In 2022, BIG names, BIG content, BIG sponsors

See you all Mondays on TPN! Hope you stop by

On other days you can find me at:

twitch.tv/friscopinball

#2842 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Just wow. I’m loving this and will be saving for next year gift ideas!

Make sure to gift a nib pinball machine to next year’s winner

I was going to put 40EHOH LE#40 with Topper on Dennis’s gift list, but knew he’d be too honorable to accept it. Most of the other items would have probably been appreciated.

#2843 2 years ago

Ham.

#2844 2 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

Synergistic is a word.
    Syngistic or whatever Travis tried is not...

To be fair, I'm from Okalhoma and we're still in the middle of learning proper English.

#2845 2 years ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

To be fair, I'm from Okalhoma and we're still in the middle of learning proper English.

“Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English.”

- Mark Ritchie

#2846 2 years ago

“Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English.”
    - Mark Ritchie

-Kaneda

#2847 2 years ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

And spelling your state correctly.

rd

#2848 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

And spelling your state correctly.
    rd

Naw, they know how to spell it. It's the people from Illinois that can't spell Oklahoma. LOL

#2849 2 years ago

New game: recast Monster Bash with TPN personalities, go.

Also Dennis is off-limits for Frankenstein because that’s just low-hanging fruit and you can do better than that.

#2850 2 years ago

Also to be clear they’re not only re-doing callouts, they’re actually being miniaturized and installed as playfield toys as well.

For charity.

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.