(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 97.
    #2602 2 years ago

So does Millionaire, lol.

#2603 2 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So does Millionaire, lol.

So Mando is in their league? Come on man, you’re better than that. Mando isn’t the greatest game ever, but it’s a very fun solid game.

#2604 2 years ago

Honest opinion. Mando doesn't suck out loud. But on a scale of 1-10, I can only give it about a 5 or 6.

#2605 2 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Honest opinion. Mando doesn't suck out loud. But on a scale of 1-10, I can only give it about a 5 or 6.

And vector and millionaire are like a 1-3 on a scale of 1-10. Haha

#2606 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 75: Bonezilla vs. Mechagodshilla

Host: Zach Meny
    Special Guest Cohost: Greg Bone

- Stern Pinball's Godzilla Reveal Stream
    - Gameplay Reactions
    - Keith Elwin's Pedigree
    - Developing An Equation For Eliciting Pinball Emotion
    - Initial Sales Of Godzilla
    - Insider Connected Subscription Inquiries
    - It Won't Be Long (Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah)
    - Questionable Reporting (YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!)
    - Sonic Spinball Spinner Genius
    - Quick Shots w/ The Bone
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Deal Of The Week
    - Deal Of The WTF?!

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-73cn3-10e4ca3

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).png
    #2607 2 years ago

Upvoted for the title. Now that’s just good writing

#2608 2 years ago

What does the topper look like?

#2609 2 years ago
    Quoted from gamera9:

What does the topper look like?

Does the silence about the topper means it is going to be super fantastic once it is shown? Hopefully it is mechanical and possibly it includes a game feature. The topper should already have been made and sat atop Godzilla when Stern revealed the game. I wish it shipped with the LE’s, to help justify the huge price increase. Irony - Stern employees have compared their Godzilla pin to Bally’s Addams Family pin. They chose a pin for comparison that came with a topper on every model. Stern’s topper is not ready yet. Hence my statement, Stern should have included the topper on their LE’s, at least.
    B8452D79-4285-4302-AAC3-33FFC72D79DE.jpegB8452D79-4285-4302-AAC3-33FFC72D79DE.jpeg

#2610 2 years ago

Great show Zach, and good to have the Bone back.

#2611 2 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Great show Zach, and good to have the Bone back.

Couldn't agree more. Best way to solve the 'lack of videos due to distance' problem is to just bring him onto the podcast more!

#2612 2 years ago
    Quoted from outlanewiz:

Couldn't agree more. Best way to solve the 'lack of videos due to distance' problem is to just bring him onto the podcast more!

You know Zach if you just need a better looking counterpart for videos, I'm here for you bub and right down the street...

#2613 2 years ago
    Quoted from Purdue:

You know Zach if you just need a better looking counterpart for videos, I'm here for you bub and right down the street...

Hmmmmmm

#2614 2 years ago

Good show Zach and greg!

#2615 2 years ago

Great show. Loved how you poked the bear in the beginning!

#2616 2 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Episode 32: Oklahoma Math With Travis Murie

Host: Joel Engelberth
    Special Guest: Travis Murie

On this episode we dive deep into our thoughts on Stern's new pricing, the Godzilla stream, and Insider Connected. Enjoy!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-frxcz-10e80bc

just another pinball logo (resized).jpgjust another pinball logo (resized).jpg
    #2617 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah no. Vector sucks.

0EE4D3E7-246F-4B90-8F02-C14AFFA6AAF3 (resized).png0EE4D3E7-246F-4B90-8F02-C14AFFA6AAF3 (resized).png
    #2618 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

BTW - tag everyone is it. Got some swag from TPN, put it in and post it here. #PostYourTPNPicHere

24EE4697-1925-4818-95C4-C086EF707072 (resized).jpeg24EE4697-1925-4818-95C4-C086EF707072 (resized).jpeg

Not featured is the broken Rollergames immediately to my right which made me sad until I remembered how much I love the shirt I was wearing.

Don’t tell Zach though, if he asks then I think it’s crap and I only bought it so I could inevitably ruin it with pit stains.

#2619 2 years ago

And for the hat trick: WHEN?!

7A819BE8-CA96-4BEF-8CA2-81B6C58F8556 (resized).jpeg7A819BE8-CA96-4BEF-8CA2-81B6C58F8556 (resized).jpeg
    #2620 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

BTW - tag everyone is it. Got some swag from TPN, put it in and post it here. #PostYourTPNPicHere
    [quoted image]

Releasing the Kraken in Pittsburgh today!

FBC7CD78-B532-42ED-9A81-EEFD1CCE32FA (resized).jpegFBC7CD78-B532-42ED-9A81-EEFD1CCE32FA (resized).jpeg

#2621 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Releasing the Kraken in Pittsburgh today!
    [quoted image]

damn, that blue may be the best colorway yet

#2622 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 76: Eatin' Good In The Neighborhood

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Ba Dop Ba Ba Bad Experience
    - A New Mario Movie In The Works
    - Jersey Jack Pinball Launching Online Achievements
    - JJP Re-releases A Run Of Willy Wonka Limited Editions
    - Spooky Production Update
    - Halloween Hate
    - InsertGate
    - Stern Godzilla Pros Start Shipping Domestically This Week
    - A Heated Debate Over Location Pinball Decision-Making
    - Alien Limited Version Revealed By Pinball Brothers
    - Spotting A Fake Louis Vuitton
    - The Silverball Knight
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Deals Of The Ehhh
    - Eatin' Good In The Neighborhood
    - TPN Last Week
    - TPN This Week

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-gjcqn-10ed8d9

#2623 2 years ago

Dennis was in a particularly good mood for this one! Sounded like he was buzzing off a couple Natty’s (in the Styrofoam).

#2624 2 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 43: Crikey!

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins
    Special Guest: Kat Nightingale

- Podcast future?
    - Rochester Pinball Collective
    - Bar/arcade stories and insights
    - Kat's favorite games
    - Set fee for gameplay vs coin drop
    - The Kat-Bruce love story
    - Internet connectivity
    - Last 2 weeks
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Where is Jeff going?
    - Auction big bucks
    - Ryan C's Haggis Pinball update
    - Martin's new machine
    - Who does Martin save?

direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

final round thumbnail 43 (resized).jpegfinal round thumbnail 43 (resized).jpeg
    #2625 2 years ago

Free Play Pinball Podcast Episode 7: Mr. Lord Helmet Joins The Show

Hosts: Amanda Hamilton & Bill Webb
    Special Guest: Mike Hamilton

Bill and Amanda talk Godzilla with special guest Mike Hamilton aka Lord Helmet. The group also talks connectivity, Pinball Expo, and the weather.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-i2698-10f11c5

free play pinball podcast logo (resized).pngfree play pinball podcast logo (resized).png
    #2626 2 years ago

Another Day, Just Another Pinball Stream...exclusively on The Pinball Network

QUEEN REVEAL, ULTRAMAN STREAM REACTIONS, AND PINBALL PRICING HYSTERIA

Just Another Pinball's Joel chats with Travis Murie & Craig Bobbie about the Queen pinball reveal, reactions to the Ultraman streams, and pinball pricing hysteria

Remember to follow, like, and subscribe to TPN now, because you're gonna wanna see what comes up next

#2627 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 77: BIG CGC News, Lyman Lands, Queen Rocks, & Connecting The Dots

Host: Zach Meny

- Vacations & Carnivals
    - Chicago Gaming Company (CGC) Announce Lyman Sheats & Josh Sharpe Joining Cactus Canyon Remake Team
    - Lyman Is Now At....?
    - Connecting The Dots: An Analysis Of What's To Come In Pinball 
    - Paying For Code Enhancements
    - QUEEN Pinball Is Revealed By The Pinball Brothers
    - Stern Pinball Production Updates
    - NEW CODE: Halloween
    - GNR Price Increase
    - Pinside This Or That?: Dialed In LE OR Jurassic Park Premium
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Deals Of The Week
    - TPN Last Week
    - TPN This Week

Good For Pinball, Bad For Crybabies: BUY A SHIRT FROM FLIPNOUTPINBALL.COM

BIG NEWS THIS WEEK AT TPN! Follow, Like, & Subscribe To The Pinball Network (TPN) 

email: [email protected]

the pinball show logo smaller podbean (resized).pngthe pinball show logo smaller podbean (resized).png
    #2628 2 years ago

Great episode as usual. Good to have Bone back so soon. Quote of the day: “There is no silver lining; stfu.”

#2629 2 years ago

WE ARE SO EXCITED TO WELCOME NEW CONTENT PROVIDERS INTO THE PINBALL NETWORK THIS WEEK!

Let's start with some pinball peeps that need no introduction, the LEGENDARY Reby & Matt Hardy from House Hardy! Make sure to follow and subscribe to their Twitch stream NOW. Welcome aboard Hardys!!!

twitch.tv/househardy

hardy pinball promo thumbnail announcement (resized).jpghardy pinball promo thumbnail announcement (resized).jpg
    #2630 2 years ago

Zach, your audio has been very soft the last few shows i’ve listen to. Seems to be a combination of low audio for yourself because everyone else sounds fine, like Dennis and Greg, and that you are purposely talking softly. In addition, you have got into the habit of trailing off at the end of a lot of your sentences as if you are trying to speak under your breath for effect.

Whatever the reasons or cause, this is an audio podcast and if you were going to say something, speak clearly and not under your breath. Otherwise what is the point of listening?

#2631 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Zach, your audio has been very soft the last few shows i’ve listen to. Seems to be a combination of low audio for yourself because everyone else sounds fine, like Dennis and Greg, and that you are purposely talking softly. In addition, you have got into the habit of trailing off at the end of a lot of your sentences as if you are trying to speak under your breath for effect.
    Whatever the reasons or cause, this is an audio podcast and if you were going to say something, speak clearly and not under your breath. Otherwise what is the point of listening?

My apologies, I've been trying to tweak my audio a bit in response to others saying levels are too high... hahaha But thank you, I will figure it out some day

#2632 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

My apologies, I've been trying to tweak my audio a bit in response to others saying levels are too high... hahaha But thank you, I will figure it out some day

It's actually more than your audio level, you are actually trailing off at the end of sentences and often making comments under your breath. I think that's for humorous effect? But that only works in comedy when the audience can hear your under-the-breath-comment and the person you're speaking with cannot.

If no one can hear it, then why bother saying it?

#2633 2 years ago

Happy Tuesday Pinball People!

We are excited to announce that Wild Dog Arcade has joined The Pinball Network (TPN). Go ahead and follow, like, and subscribe to their stream NOW. They bring some great energy to the TPN Team!

twitch.tv/wilddogarcade

wild dog arcade promo thumbnail announcement (resized).pngwild dog arcade promo thumbnail announcement (resized).png
    #2634 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

At some point when Greg is on, you need to use "New Age Girl" just for that one line (no spoilers if you're unfamiliar - you'll know it when you hear it).

For purposes of re-theming a game, I generally consider the work of a pinball machine to be 1/3 art, 1/3 mechanical, 1/3 software. (This is a very basic way of looking at it, but it probably works.) So if you re-theme, you generally save the mechanical, always have to redo all art, and software is probably 33%-100% redone depending on how well everything meshes. So if you take the classic figure of $1M to design a game, you're looking at about 1/2-2/3 of a mil to do it.

The math changes if you have inventory to get rid of, which happened pretty obviously a couple times while I was at Stern. It can easily cost more NOT to re-theme it depending on what you have in stock.

#2635 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

At some point when Greg is on, you need to use "New Age Girl" just for that one line (no spoilers if you're unfamiliar - you'll know it when you hear it).
    For purposes of re-theming a game, I generally consider the work of a pinball machine to be 1/3 art, 1/3 mechanical, 1/3 software. (This is a very basic way of looking at it, but it probably works.) So if you re-theme, you generally save the mechanical, always have to redo all art, and software is probably 33%-100% redone depending on how well everything meshes. So if you take the classic figure of $1M to design a game, you're looking at about 1/2-2/3 of a mil to do it.
    The math changes if you have inventory to get rid of, which happened pretty obviously a couple times while I was at Stern. It can easily cost more NOT to re-theme it depending on what you have in stock.

Yup perfect song

#2636 2 years ago

If you are watching Squid Game - watch it in Korean (as it was made) with subtitles.

The overdubs on Netflix shows are horrible.

When you watch it as per the original, you hear the actors doing their thing. The subs make you pay 100% attention to the show - not dick around on your phone while sorta listening to the TV. The viewing experience is much better.

Pretty much all the TV shows we watch now are Euro or Asian with subtitles. They think outside the box and come up with new ideas. I can’t remember the last network TV show we watched.

My 10c.

rd

#2637 2 years ago

Dark is another fantastic show that needs the subtitles. It needs your undivided attention at all times.

#2638 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dark is another fantastic show that needs the subtitles. It needs your undivided attention at all times.

Yeah that’s a great show. And yep - if you look away for a minute, you’ll be totally lost.

Not one for the phone twiddlers!

rd

#2639 2 years ago

Run a modest high pass filter across your vocal track and see what happens.

#2640 2 years ago

Another day, another TPN addition to the team. Welcome aboard Frisco Pinball!

Follow, like, and subscribe to the channel NOW. Frisco is a pinball hybrid streamer, bringing the community both physical and virtual pinball...and a lot of style.

twitch.tv/friscopinball

Frisco Pinball TPN Announcement (resized).jpgFrisco Pinball TPN Announcement (resized).jpg
    #2641 2 years ago

Happy Thursday Pinball Peoples!

Today we are excited to announce a new TPN Streaming Affiliate. Welcome aboard Pride Pinball! Follow, like, and subscribe to Shawn's channel. He even throws in some films while playing pinball on occasion.

twitch.tv/pridepinball

pride pinball promo thumbnail announcement (resized).pngpride pinball promo thumbnail announcement (resized).png
    #2642 2 years ago

Taking The Pissa Out Of Pinball...

WELCOME TO TPN Chuck Websta AND TEAM!

Follow, like, and subscribe to Wicked Pissa Pinball Pit for some great streams, from a great collection, and some NEFL league action!

twitch.tv/wickedpissapinballpit

wicked pissa promo thumbnail announcement (resized).pngwicked pissa promo thumbnail announcement (resized).png
    #2643 2 years ago

TPN Videocast: Stern Insider Connected Details, New JJP Designer, 7 Dennis Debates

#2646 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I can’t remember the last network TV show we watched.

Don't you guys get Fat Pizza

IMG_20211009_235131 (resized).jpgIMG_20211009_235131 (resized).jpg
    #2647 2 years ago

I thought your sound level was good Zach , I listen with headphones and when you introduced market trends , my ears didn't burst .

#2648 2 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 44: Stern Game

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins
    Special Guest: Zach Sharpe, Stern Pinball Director Of Marketing

Stern Marketing Director Zach Sharpe discusses:

- Getting a big raise in salary and age
    - High demand for pinball and back orders
    - Godzilla and Keith Elwin praise
    - Understanding Stern Insider Connected
    - Is Zach playing anymore?

Plus:

- Our last 2 weeks
    - Queen pinball first impressions
    - CGC adding Lyman Sheats and Josh Sharpe for Cactus Canyon (remake)
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Streamer activity
    - Email responses
    - Who will Marty save?
    - Squid Game love

direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-imup5-10fde27

final round thumbnail 44 (resized).jpegfinal round thumbnail 44 (resized).jpeg
    #2649 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 78: Another Stern Pinball Release?!

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Happy Birthday To Den Den!
    - Nord-Man Is Summoned
    - Stern Pinball Releasing Another Title?!
    - Stern Insider Connected Additional Details & Battling Online
    - New TMNT Animation?
    - Zach Sharpe Visits Final Round
    - American Pinball's Worst Kept Secret
    - Jersey Jack Pinball Adds Yet Another Designer To The Team
    - Keefer Responds To Last TPS Episode
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Zach Drops The Mic
    - TPN Expanded
    - TPN Last Week
    - TPN This Week

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-8qjc8-1100407

#2650 2 years ago

Spotted around town.

9DCD4449-6551-4584-9AB5-029597A0732D.jpeg9DCD4449-6551-4584-9AB5-029597A0732D.jpeg
    There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/53?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.