(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,832 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by jonnyqtrek
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 97.
    #2551 2 years ago

Free Play Pinball Podcast Episode 6: Bill's back and we have a LOT of pinball news to discuss

Hosts: Amanda Hamilton & Bill Webb

Plus, business tips for success and the real issue with Florida...

Check out Free Play Pinball Podcast on the facebook!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4k7sq-10c57a9

TPN Logo Transparent (resized).pngTPN Logo Transparent (resized).png
    #2552 2 years ago

It was interesting listening to RandomTask talk about Deeproot.

So, whens the next TPN Interview episode coming?

#2553 2 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 41: Flying High

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins
    Special Guest: Ryan C. 

It’s the episode you’ve always wanted. Jeff takes a beating, Martin is drunk, and Ryan C joins us.

We discuss:
    - Deeproot Disaster
    - Exclusive NEW Pinball Rumors
    - Do Coders Need To Be Players?
    - When Pop Bumpers Are Useless
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Buying New Machines
    - Ryan, The Outdoors Man
    - RIP To Another Podcast
    - Streaming Woes
    - Haircut?
    - We almost forgot to do this!!!!

direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-h8mbi-10c76eb

final round 41 thumbnail (resized).jpegfinal round 41 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    #2554 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 73: Getting Connected Insider

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Cock Talk On The Eclectic Gamers Podcast
    - Stern Gets Connected To The Internet, But Can You Be Verified?
    - Stern Insider Connected Details, Impressions, & Discussion
    - Timeless Innuendo
    - My Homie Gomie Teases Elwin's Next Game
    - Halloween Is Coming Home
    - The Foamcore Champ VS A Loud Mouth
    - Dennis Becomes 'The NordMAN'
    - GNR Topper Production Update
    - A New Game From Multimorphic
    - Waiting For A New Game From American Pinball
    - The Merchandise Launch & What Design Is Winning The Race To Your Heart
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Deal Of The Week
    - Deal Of The WTF?!
    - Man Crush Of The Week
    - We Announce A Winner

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cnuzs-10c937c

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo (resized).png
    #2555 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 73: Getting Connected Insider

I know you spend a ton of time on your podcasts, so take this or leave it, but two things will make your recordings more listenable immediately.

1. Either EQ so the "P" pops are lighter or just clip them out. Clipping them is preferable because it won't affect your voice tone for the rest of the recording when you aren't popping. Scanning the waveform, it's pretty obvious to see when the mic's been popped with a hard P, so easy to find and remove. In the below example, the highlighted part where the waveform gets dark and irregular is a "popped" P. I made a comparison wav to demonstrate how much nicer it is without the pop, but then I realized I can't upload wavs to pinside. Ah, well. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

2. If you did just a smidge of compression on the show mp3 so it wasn't crunching the red on the peaks. You can compress it so lightly it comes within 0.1dB of the max. Right now it rings the bell a lot.

pop-waveform (resized).jpgpop-waveform (resized).jpg
    #2556 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I know you spend a ton of time on your podcasts, so take this or leave it, but two things will make your recordings more listenable immediately.
    1. Either EQ so the "P" pops are lighter or just clip them out. Clipping them is preferable because it won't affect your voice tone for the rest of the recording when you aren't popping. Scanning the waveform, it's pretty obvious to see when the mic's been popped with a hard P, so easy to find and remove. In the below example, the highlighted part where the waveform gets dark and irregular is a "popped" P. I made a comparison wav to demonstrate how much nicer it is without the pop, but then I realized I can't upload wavs to pinside. Ah, well. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
    2. If you did just a smidge of compression on the show mp3 so it wasn't crunching the red on the peaks. You can compress it so lightly it comes within 0.1dB of the max. Right now it rings the bell a lot.[quoted image]

So it turns out talking into a mic is easy but producing a quality sounding podcast is really hard. I'm now on my third mic and spent many hours trying to find the best settings and tools to use to make sure every episode sounds clear and loud enough without clipping. I do about 1/100th of the editing Zach does and I still feel like it is a ton of work. With all that said your post was very useful and something I will look at for my own podcasts.

#2557 2 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

So it turns out talking into a mic is easy but producing a quality sounding podcast is really hard.

Yeah, people don't realize how something so simple can be so hard until they've done it. I've done decades of work in a recording studio and popped Ps by actors are my bugaboo. A good popper stopper on the mic helps, but talking slightly parallel to the mic rather than directly into the mic helps A LOT. That way the excess air from a hard "P" doesn't go into the mic/stopper (which really isn't a stopper but more of a diffuser) but past it.

#2558 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

2. If you did just a smidge of compression on the show mp3 so it wasn't crunching the red on the peaks. You can compress it so lightly it comes within 0.1dB of the max. Right now it rings the bell a lot.[quoted image]

Thanks for the feedback buddy. I’m not hearing a popped P at 42 second mark but likely I have levels a hair too high. Tough to reduce them because then people on some playback devices say it doesn’t get loud enough unless they are using headphones. I use a Shure SM7B which are not known for popping P’s/S’s and to my knowledge it’s recommended not to use a pop filter for it because it’s not needed. Will continue to fine tune audio though and find settings that are buttery smooth.

#2559 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks for the feedback buddy. I’m not hearing a popped P at 42 second mark but likely I have levels a hair too high. Tough to reduce them because then people on some playback devices say it doesn’t get loud enough unless they are using headphones. I use a Shure SM7B which are not known for popping P’s/S’s and to my knowledge it’s recommended not to use a pop filter for it because it’s not needed. Will continue to fine tune audio though and find settings that are buttery smooth.

The example at 41 seconds was the "P" in the word "Pinball" when talking about the Halloween release.

But you're DEFINITELY popping Ps all over the place all podcast long. 100%. Trust me. It's blatant on the audio (dunno why you can't hear it, maybe inadequate speaker range?), but the waveform doesn't lie. ANY mic will pop when faced with a wall of excess air. That's why talking slightly parallel to the mic will alleviate most of it (especially if you're not using a popper stopper). We used $3000 mics in the studio and had popper stopper on them, but STILL had to talk slightly off center on them to not pop them occasionally.

An article I grabbed about this summed up the podcaster issue:
    "P-Pops seem to be increasingly common on the radio and in podcasts, possibly because producers and engineers are trusting too much in their microphones’ (inadequate) built-in pop-filtering. Or perhaps they’re monitoring on small speakers, which might not fully reproduce the low frequency bump that is the signature of a P-Pop. Checking your mix on speakers with a wide frequency response, or on headphones, can be crucial in catching problems you might otherwise miss.

Some large-diaphragm dynamic mics, such as classic radio-host mics like the Electrovoice RE-20 or Shure SM7B have mesh or foam wind screens built in, that serve to mitigate plosives. BUT it’s still quite easy to P-Pop those mics, you’ll hear it almost every day on the radio."

Are you not using any audio compression on the mp3? That explains a lot. I mean, you don't want a Death Magnetic situation (http://recordinghacks.com/2008/12/20/metallica-wins-the-loudness-wars/) where they famously went totally crazy with the compression and made a death beam of sound with all volume and no dynamics, but you can definitely make the audio loud enough without riding past the peak indicator all the time. The flat areas at the top of these waveform examples below are clipped - maxed out audio where the actual peak was cut off because it went past the top. You can avoid that by recording lower volume, normalizing/compressing, then raising the volume to fill the waveform space. But because you've compressed, there won't be extreme peaks that get cut off, clipping the waveform.

I'll email you some examples.

Clipping audio waveforms in the podcast all over the place:
    clipped audio (resized).jpgclipped audio (resized).jpg

Now with .1dB gap, so it will not max out and peak the meter, this stops the reds, but doesn't improve the audio. Normalizing/compression will make better audio so the tips of the waveforms are not blocked off like square ends:
    overhead (resized).jpgoverhead (resized).jpg

#2560 2 years ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Episode 6: Tom Gets A New Roommate

Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie

Impromptu podcast where we catch up on some of the latest pinball news including Stern’s Insider Connected, deeproot Drama, Tournament Talk, P3’s latest release, and initial reactions to Hot Wheels. And of course…Tom Talks!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tripledrain
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tripledrainpodcast/
    Email: [email protected]
    Merch: https://silverballswag.com/collections/triple-drain-pinball-podcast

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4igg6-10cda56

Triple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).PNGTriple Drain Alternate Logo (resized).PNG
    #2561 2 years ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast has become one of the better podcasts for sure. I like that pinball is the topic and that it stays on topic. The tournament talk and strategy is interesting even though I'm not interested in playing in tournament. The segments about wizard mode tips and strategies has been helpful to me learning about some of my games and things to attempt.

Here's an endorsement. I don't listen at 1.5x speed like most other pinball podcasts (get to the point!) and I only used the 30 sec skip a few times....just to skip the opening and skipping the Tom songs segment.

#2562 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast has become one of the better podcasts for sure. I like that pinball is the topic and that it stays on topic. The tournament talk and strategy is interesting even though I'm not interested in playing in tournament. The segments about wizard mode tips and strategies has been helpful to me learning about some of my games and things to attempt.
    Here's an endorsement. I don't listen at 1.5x speed like most other pinball podcasts (get to the point!) and I only used the 30 sec skip a few times....just to skip the opening and skipping the Tom songs segment.

Wow PoMC. I know that an endorsement from you carries weight. I really really appreciate the positive feedback!

#2563 2 years ago

A Star Is Born…

19213D7C-15B8-4DD3-8021-EA5E785F157D (resized).jpeg19213D7C-15B8-4DD3-8021-EA5E785F157D (resized).jpeg
    #2564 2 years ago

Silverball Chronicles Episode 17: Steve Ritchie Part III: The Return...to Stern

Silverball Chronicles with Ron & David

Visit Our Silverball Swag Store
    https://silverballswag.com/collections/silverball-chronicles

Episode Summary
    When we last left Steve Ritchie, pinball was dead. It was done. Williams, gone. Bally, gone. Gottlieb/Premier, gone. The last manufacturer standing was Sega which ended up being sold to one Gary Stern and became today’s Stern Pinball Inc. Steve Ritchie was ready to make a return to pinball after a hiatus, but the pinball landscape was different than when he left. He soon showed everyone he still has the touch.

Join us this month for a super-packed episode as Ron and David talk about Terminator 3, that strange Elvis mech, the epic Spiderman game, everyone getting let go in 2008, the perfect version of Terminator 2, aka AC/DC, a section about Star Trek that goes on far too long, what the hell happened to Star Wars, the underrated Black Knight toy, the barren Led Zeppelin, and the recent Jersey Jack coup!

Sources:
    Internet Pinball Database at IPBD.org
    Pinside at Pinside.com
    Topcast Podcast #32 – May 2007
    Special When Lit: #57 – Chuck Ernst, #11 – Steve Ritchie

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-pm6u6-10d056a

silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpgsilverball chronicles logo (resized).jpg
    #2565 2 years ago

Great. Now I soiled my trousers.

#2566 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 73.5: Stern's Next Cornerstone Release Date, Mini-Interview w/Homepin's Mike, & Online Platform Wars

Hosts: Zach Meny, Craig Bobbie, Matt Morrison, Ken Rudberg, Brian Cosner, & Dr. John Cosson

Enjoy the TPN Correspondents covering recent pinball news and what news to expect this week.

In a couple of days, Zach will be back with The Pinball Show Episode 74, analyzing these stories, as well as going in-depth with details of the new Stern Pinball release.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-2prc7-10d261c

the pinball show logo smaller podbean (resized).pngthe pinball show logo smaller podbean (resized).png
    #2567 2 years ago

Looking forward to episode 74! The pinball show rules!

B609515E-7F67-4C1C-9D89-5A2E2E8855A8 (resized).jpegB609515E-7F67-4C1C-9D89-5A2E2E8855A8 (resized).jpeg
    #2568 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Mini-Interview w/Homepin's Mike

He really needs to hire a PR person for Homepin, let them handle all of it, and stop doing interviews.

WHY would the company launching a new pin talk about the 27" hi-res screen on it and then in the same sentence say he's not a fan of it?
    WHY would he talk about negatives about the machine and not doing product pictures and gameplay pre-launch, aside from art.
    WHY would he go out of his way to hide who did the design and code for the machine (except that he was involved in both)?
    It's the weirdest launch of a machine ever. Even weirder than Thunderbirds.

RIP Spinal Tap Pinball.

#2569 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

He really needs to hire a PR person for Homepin, let them handle all of it, and stop doing interviews.

That would be boring for us.

#2570 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

WHY would the company launching a new pin talk about the 27" hi-res screen on it and then in the same sentence say he's not a fan of it?
    WHY would he talk about negatives about the machine and not doing product pictures and gameplay pre-launch, aside from art.
    WHY would he go out of his way to hide who did the design and code for the machine (except that he was involved in both)?
    RIP Spinal Tap Pinball.

I think it‘s refreshing.

In addition you can‘t blame him for promising you the best game ev0r and not delivering. - Not that this keeps anyone from bickering.

#2571 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I think it‘s refreshing.
    In addition you can‘t blame him for promising you the best game ev0r and not delivering. - Not that this keeps anyone from bickering.

Refreshing to make a pin with features he hates? If he hates them, why is he doing them?

Refreshing to hide who is designing and coding his pins (except to say he had a hand in both)? How is LESS information refreshing?

I'll need some clarification on what is refreshing about any of that.

Dalek_explain.gifDalek_explain.gif
    #2572 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Refreshing to make a pin with features he hates? If he hates them, why is he doing them?
    Refreshing to hide who is designing and coding his pins (except to say he had a hand in both)? How is LESS information refreshing?
    I'll need some clarification on what is refreshing about any of that.[quoted image]

Guys expecting the next Stern game to be the best game with the highest BOM ev0r and then being letdown when it’s not exactly what you dreamt of in your mind will never understand.

#2573 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

RIP Spinal Tap Pinball.

Yeah, I've never heard a company rep suggest that certain people SHOULDN'T buy their product.

I mean it's good if he wants to set expectations on rules depth, but man don't just flat out tell people not to buy it! Let your buyers make up their own minds. Reminds me of when Mike suggested that he didn't want Americans to buy Thunderbirds. The funny thing is, Thunderbirds was actually aired in parts of the US. My mom and uncles all remembered watching it growing up in the 60s and 70s.

Also, he conflates people who like deep rules with tournament players. They aren't necessarily the same thing. Plenty of competitive players like relatively simple games like Meteor or Hoops. And plenty of them don't actually own games at home. Likewise, plenty of non-competitive players like deep rules, because they only play at home.

#2574 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Guys expecting the next Stern game to be the best game with the highest BOM ev0r and then being letdown when it’s not exactly what you dreamt of in your mind will never understand.

I don't think anyone is expecting any Homepin to be even the best midrange pin ever, let alone the overall best. But to hear the guy SELLING them say he hates things about the pin HE'S MAKING is crazy, and not refreshing at all.

#2575 2 years ago

NEW! Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 42 - Locked Up

David Peck joins us as we discuss:
    - worst lockdown ever
    - Pinside
    - Stern Connected
    - System 11's
    - Data East
    - Spinal Tap

Plus:
    - sponsor of the week
    - betting
    - feedback
    - Ryan C's Haggis update
    - who does Martin save?

direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-tpkqq-10da2b5

final round ep 42 thumbnail (resized).jpgfinal round ep 42 thumbnail (resized).jpg
    #2577 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

I always enjoy rotordave and his insights!

Thanks!

I apologise up front to all Millionaire owners.

Look, I felt so guilty I’ve even made a start on resurrecting my one! So everyone can again enjoy the magic that is - Millionaire.

rd
    881E86E4-7BDC-48A2-B81D-B53D7A9BB42C (resized).jpeg881E86E4-7BDC-48A2-B81D-B53D7A9BB42C (resized).jpeg

#2578 2 years ago

ZMeny I sent you a message please respond, thanks.

#2579 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

ZMeny I sent you a message please respond, thanks.

Messaged back

#2580 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Thanks!
    [quoted image]

They deserve it, they know!

#2581 2 years ago

Dave is always a pleasure to read or listen to. Miss the travelogues.

#2582 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 74: Godzilla Revealed, Production Timelines, & Changes In Pinball Pricing

- Stern Pinball Reveals Godzilla Pinball
    - Godzilla Production Timeline & Pricing Changes
    - Which Godzilla Model Reigns Supreme?
    - Diving Into Godzilla's Features
    - A Star Is Born...The NordMan Returns!
    - Stern Increases Pricing
    - Gary Stern Talks About Insider Connected
    - Stern Increases The Value Of Your Pinball Collection, Overnight!
    - The Upcoming John Borg Game
    - Joe Kaminkow Bringing Some Kapow To His Competitors
    - Cary Hardy Deeprooting The Hell Out Of deeproot
    - TWIP Closes It Doors, Then Opens Them Back Up
    - Inside Media w/ Zach
    - Pinball Market Trends

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-m3mz7-10de87b

ThePinballShow_VectorLogo smaller (resized).jpgThePinballShow_VectorLogo smaller (resized).jpg
    #2583 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 74: Godzilla Revealed, Production Timelines, & Changes In Pinball Pricing
    - Inside Media w/ Zach
    - Pinball Market Trends
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-m3mz7-10de87b[quoted image]

Phew. Alright, Zach. That was quite a load you dumped at the end of your show.

You're saying TWIP was being paid a "substantial" amount of money by DeepRoot, without disclosing the monetary relationship? Was TWIP advertising DR? Or was the money in exchange for favorable coverage?

Didn't Jeff go do a behind-the-scenes piece on DR... a factory tour of sorts... first? Are you saying that info was delivered with a green-colored lens?

#2584 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

You're saying TWIP was being paid a "substantial" amount of money by DeepRoot, without disclosing the monetary relationship? Was TWIP advertising DR? Or was the money in exchange for favorable coverage?
    Didn't Jeff go do a behind-the-scenes piece on DR... a factory tour of sorts... first? Are you saying that info was delivered with a green-colored lens?

Sorry for any confusion. I was not a part of what the agreement entailed other than it was a monthly payment/donation/gift to TWIP. I am not saying that it was for favorable coverage. I simply don’t know, but I’ve heard Jeff be critical of deeproot so I’d like to think that wasn’t ever the case.

#2585 2 years ago

Another terrific episode. Really appreciated the transparency regarding the TWIP situation.

#2586 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Deeproot did sponsor some of the monthly TWIP videos that are broadcast on TWIPs YouTube channel. They're still up and deeproot is listed as a sponsor in the beginning of the videos. I know Sept. 2020 is one of them. Don't know if the sponsorship went beyond that or not.

#2587 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

- Inside Media w/ Zach
    - Pinball Market Trends
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-m3mz7-10de87b[quoted image]

Awesome, can’t wait. Spending an hour cooking dinner is always better with a good pinball podcast in the background.

#2588 2 years ago

Premium SERIOUSLY ZMeny , Ride or Die bro...LE All THE WAY!

#2589 2 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Premium SERIOUSLY ZMeny , Ride or Die bro...LE All THE WAY!

Better off buying a premium and getting it powder coated the color of your choice. I admit the mirrored backglass is an upgrade but not worth the difference. If you have to add sales tax or buy the topper, your premium will cost $10k and it will be available in October. And it’s not even Xmas yet.

#2590 2 years ago

Looking forward to the day when every podcast stops discussing Deeproot. Don't care and at this point everyone is just reporting on the same stale information.

#2591 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Better off buying a premium and getting it powder coated the color of your choice. I admit the mirrored backglass is an upgrade but not worth the difference. If you have to add sales tax or buy the topper, your premium will cost $10k and it will be available in October. And it’s not even Xmas yet.

Normally I agree but the foil reflective cab decals on Godzilla LE they teased looks pretty damned amazing. Of course you won't see it stuck in a line of pins but if you have a spot for it to sit exposed I think it would be pretty amazing. It's almost impossible to get one but...

#2592 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Normally I agree but the foil reflective cab decals on Godzilla LE they teased looks pretty damned amazing. Of course you won't see it stuck in a line of pins but if you have a spot for it to sit exposed I think it would be pretty amazing. It's almost impossible to get one but...

The reflective or special decals on BM66 SLE, Maiden LE and Munsters LE have all received a number of less than favorable ratings from owners because they tend to “fall apart”. I don’t think there is durability. Maybe compare these to Spooky’s butter cabinets. Those stay pretty perfect until you move it and bang it against a wall for self-inflicted damage

#2593 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Thanks!
    Look, I felt so guilty I’ve even made a start on resurrecting my one! So everyone can again enjoy the magic that is - Millionaire.
    rd
    [quoted image]

Road Kings next to Pinbot? Pearls before swine, I tell ya.

#2594 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Road Kings next to Pinbot? Pearls before swine, I tell ya.

When you got a bunch of them, they fit where they can.

Talking of Millionaire - I’ve been trying to fix this weird special solenoid issue (the slings lock on even though things appear correct ..) and I LOLLLLED when I saw the message I must have put on the screen some years ago. I don’t even remember doing it.

rd

A90F6049-A704-4FE5-8083-B5933A295485 (resized).jpegA90F6049-A704-4FE5-8083-B5933A295485 (resized).jpegEEB41989-2E07-4252-B7B9-15C04B5ADE86 (resized).jpegEEB41989-2E07-4252-B7B9-15C04B5ADE86 (resized).jpeg
    #2595 2 years ago

Only half way through the Godzilla episode so far (stupid work) but I'd like to throw in a request for a "I believe the balls rest on the chin of the roof" T shirt please.

#2596 2 years ago

Showing off Wearing My TPNware Here. Very comfy. Good Lord, will you look at which one I chose to today? Market Trends!! Where my polynomial analyses?

BTW - tag everyone is it. Got some swag from TPN, put it in and post it here. #PostYourTPNPicHere

B024C964-AF67-4F10-A833-AB83035313AC.jpegB024C964-AF67-4F10-A833-AB83035313AC.jpeg

#2597 2 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

When you got a bunch of them, they fit where they can.
    Talking of Millionaire - I’ve been trying to fix this weird special solenoid issue (the slings lock on even though things appear correct ..) and I LOLLLLED when I saw the message I must have put on the screen some years ago. I don’t even remember doing it.
    rd[quoted image][quoted image]

LoL!

Maybe it was your subconscious - during a bout of sleepwalking.

#2598 2 years ago

Showing off Wearing My TPNware Here. Very comfy. Good Lord, will you look at which one I chose to today? Market Trends!! Where my polynomial analyses?
    BTW - tag everyone is it. Got some swag from TPN, put it in and post it here. #PostYourTPNPicHere
    [quoted image]

HELL YEAH!!!! Thanks buddy and I like the gray. Thanks for the support too. It's almost as purdy as that CV there.

#2599 2 years ago

Nord-Man is some funny shit! Dennis is nuts though, thinking Godzilla will sell less than Mando. Newsflash, Mando sucks. Zilla might be Sterns best game ever. No, I haven't played it yet. But I've played a good bit on Mando and it's quite boring.

#2600 2 years ago

The reflective or special decals on BM66 SLE, Maiden LE and Munsters LE have all received a number of less than favorable ratings from owners because they tend to “fall apart”. I don’t think there is durability. Maybe compare these to Spooky’s butter cabinets. Those stay pretty perfect until you move it and bang it against a wall for self-inflicted damage

Dunno what happened, but from Batman 66 SLE onward the Stern foil cabs have had issues. I think it has to do with the clear top layer that gives it a high gloss but is prone to delamination. KISS LE is a BEAUTIFUL machine that also had foil cabinet decals that looked boss, but did not have the problems I had with BM'66SLE that others have seen on later LEs. So, something seems to have changed.

Basically direct print cabs like WoZ ECLE or Spooky butter OR JJP Radcals are the way to go. Whatever Stern's doing needs improvement in the durability department.

There are 4,832 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/52?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.