(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast Ep 21: Live Or Die - Make Your Ch

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,812 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png
    triple_drain_new_logo_sz5v26 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 7.45.45 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 97.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You don't? It's kind of a big thing in radio & tv, most of which is free.

Getting truly upset???? No... no I do not.

It is free... in more than one way. You don't pay to listen... and you are FREE to turn the damn station. Boom! No need to be upset.

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Nobody wants to manage it.

It's absolutely hilarious to me that they put their facebook trailer out on January 14 and then on January 15 someone else registered the domain thepinballnetwork.com

of course, it could all be kayfabe

in any case, pinballnetwork.com, pinballnet.work and thepinballnet.work are all available for purchase.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Poorman:

Getting truly upset???? No... no I do not.

I would hope that nobody is actually losing sleep over anything that happens on Pinside or pinball in general. To me, this is all just a distraction from the really important stuff that goes on in daily life.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I would hope that nobody is actually losing sleep over anything that happens on Pinside or pinball in general. To me, this all just a distraction from the really important stuff that goes on in daily life.

Good man!

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

You guys need to use other media methods than ITunes. ITunes sucks on Android (over half the market).

You don’t need iTunes. They have an RSS feed, you can use any podcast player that you want. I use Pocket Casts.

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from misterschu:

It's absolutely hilarious to me that they put their facebook trailer out on January 14 and then on January 15 someone else registered the domain thepinballnetwork.com
    of course, it could all be kayfabe
    in any case, pinballnetwork.com, pinballnet.work and thepinballnet.work are all available for purchase.

I think it’s hilarious that anyone would rather have a Facebook page as their main anchor site then an actual webpage. Facebook is atrocious.

#157 4 years ago

Now I realize how much I miss The Nashville Network.
    download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I would hope that nobody is actually losing sleep over anything that happens on Pinside or pinball in general. To me, this is all just a distraction from the really important stuff that goes on in daily life.

.....really important stuff, like pinball!

I'm finding the lines blurred myself. Not sure if it's because I have no real important stuff, pinball is important or because those huge spots/plasma cell thingees on the sun posted yesterday via satellite imagery, are the size of Texas on average.

https://twitter.com/coreyspowell/status/1222587352037691393?s=09

Screenshot_20200130-173720_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200130-173720_Twitter (resized).jpg
    #159 4 years ago

Opinion piece: "Freeness" is paid for with advertising. Isn't that the Facebook model? Personally I limit my exposure to ads anyway I can, there's way too much of it already, turn the car radio volume down when the content goes to commercial, annoy Facebook with spam reports for every ad that shows up in my feed, switch the channel on TV commercial segments, turn down the volume on You Tube ad intros, I even skip to the content on the SDTM vids and bypass the ads. Zach has thrown some in the middle of the vid, but as a user you can't block them all! Anyway, it's good business if that's the model and a successful model already for others. It's a risk of trust, who trusts Zuckerberg anymore? A risk of conflict of interest for sure, but some of the content should be critical as a check and balance if needed. Heck here in Boston, the Red Sox owners own the Boston Globe. Who guarantees impartiality? Nobody really, just bypass the ads if they are annoying. It's pinball!

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

.....really important stuff, like pinball!
    I'm finding the lines blurred myself. Not sure if it's because I have no real important stuff, pinball is important or because those huge spots/plasma cell thingees on the sun posted yesterday via satellite imagery, are the size of Texas on average.
    https://twitter.com/coreyspowell/status/1222587352037691393?s=09[quoted image]

Looks more like a close up of crumpled up gold nasa foil to me.

#161 4 years ago

Wow, there is a lot of aggression in here. Personally, I don’t care to listen to pinball podcasts, but it would be a huge waste of my time to try and discourage someone else’s idea. I don’t gain a damn thing from doing that and neither does the morale of the hobby. In my life experience, naysayers are usually made up of people that are caught up in their own self doubt and can’t bear the thought of someone else possibly being successful at something. It might succeed and it might also fail, but pinball will live on and it will not impact my life either way, so why should I wish for them to fail?

With that being said, I am a visual person and I prefer to WATCH pinball when I am not playing. Gimme some Buffalo Pinball streams and I am happy. Just good people that share the love of the game!

#162 4 years ago

Who wants to start a pinball podcast with me? Located in the Chicago land suburbs and have great recording equipment. I’d lean towards being more edgy and calling out issues, but also giving propers where they’re do. Any takers?

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from JamCat:

Wow, there is a lot of aggression in here. Personally, I don’t care to listen to pinball podcasts, but it would be a huge waste of my time to try and discourage someone else’s idea. I don’t gain a damn thing from doing that and neither does the morale of the hobby. In my life experience, naysayers are usually made up of people that are caught up in their own self doubt and can’t bear the thought of someone else possibly being successful at something. It might succeed and it might also fail, but pinball will live on and it will not impact my life either way, so why should I wish for them to fail?
    With that being said, I am a visual person and I prefer to WATCH pinball when I am not playing. Gimme some Buffalo Pinball streams and I am happy. Just good people that share the love of the game!

Spot on totally agree. They haven’t even started but yet so many need to rally to tell them all the things they did or will do wrong? They each love this hobby and simply want to contribute something back for others to enjoy. It’s not the Oprah channel, you don’t Have to believe or agree with what they say. It’s simple Free entertainment. Why does that have to come with so much opinionated conflict. I wish TPN, Kanada, etc, etc, all the best and Thank them all for taking their time to create something we can enjoy or simply turn off if we don’t like it! Best of luck to all in 2020.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Spot on totally agree. They haven’t even started but yet so many need to rally to tell them all the things they did or will do wrong? They each love this hobby and simply want to contribute something back for others to enjoy. It’s not the Oprah channel, you don’t Have to believe or agree with what they say. It’s simple Free entertainment. Why does that have to come with so much opinionated conflict. I wish TPN, Kanada, etc, etc, all the best and Thank them all for taking their time to create something we can enjoy or simply turn off if we don’t like it! Best of luck to all in 2020.

By the way, I have every single one of your mods on my POTCLE and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out! I’m looking forward to see what you guys come up with for GnR or whatever they release next!

#165 4 years ago

What The Flip is joining the fun. Linsey and I are exited to join up with The Pinball Network. We stream on Wednesdays at 4:00pm EST.

Thanks for chatting with us today Zach, we are looking forward to working with everyone at TPN.

https://www.twitch.tv/WhatTheFlip

#166 4 years ago

TPN just got a lot cooler. Awesome!

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

TPN just got a lot cooler. Awesome!

Linsey brings the cool factor up, but I bring it right back down. So probably net 0 or even -1 .

#168 4 years ago
    66E255C9-D61F-45B8-8126-98EBD40DEA69 (resized).jpeg66E255C9-D61F-45B8-8126-98EBD40DEA69 (resized).jpeg
    #169 4 years ago

Do people really listen to podcasts about pinball? Why? Can't we just google to find out about the most recent mod or game coming out or game review? Do we need to have pinball shovelled into our brains 24/7 via a podcast? Are we that bored of a species that we can't sit here without constant hobby stimulation? We gotta have podcasts now?

I for one, have never listened to any podcast and never will. It seems ridiculous to me.

Rant off.

#170 4 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Do people really listen to podcasts about pinball? Why? Can't we just google to find out about the most recent mod or game coming out or game review? Do we need to have pinball shovelled into our brains 24/7 via a podcast? Are we that bored of a species that we can't sit here without constant hobby stimulation? We gotta have podcasts now?
    I for one, have never listened to any podcast and never will. It seems ridiculous to me.
    Rant off.

If you’ve never listened to a podcast or watched a stream, how do you know you wouldn’t enjoy it? I think you’d find them to be entertaining and informative. I used to think the same thing until I actually listened to a podcast and watched a twitch stream.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Do people really listen to podcasts about pinball? Why?

Pinball can be enjoyed in so many ways. Playing, collecting, tinkering, etc. etc.

While certain aspects may not be for you, some people enjoy them.

That is the great thing about pinball. Do what brings you the most enjoyment.

Myself, I've listened to a few if what they were discussing or the people on, were of interest to me. Same with Twitch feeds. I don't watch everyone. But I do watch ones I might be interested in.

And podcasts can be listened to while you are doing something else. Driving, working on a game, etc.

LTG : )

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Rant off.

Podcasts are never shoveled into anyone’s brains. It’s your choice to listen or not to listen. And it’s FREE. I just can’t get over the fact that anybody providing free content for this hobby gets shit for it??!!?? Come on people. They, for the most part, are doing most of this stuff for FREE. They pay for the recording equipment and everything involved with screaming and much more. Plus, they give up their valuable time away from family to do this. If you don’t like it, SEE YA! Just go away. Nobody needs you and the hobby is better off not hearing your negative comments anyways. Anybody providing free content for this hobby rocks. And I thank you. It makes my long drives to and from work so much better.

#173 4 years ago

Last time a podcast I frequently listened to (non-pinball) extended themselves into a ‘network’ and introduced a ton of new shows, I ended up listening to none of them, including the original show. It wasn’t a deliberate action, I still liked the original show, but it wasn’t worth my time sifting through the other shows that I didn’t care for to get to the one I wanted.

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Rant off.

It's the equivalent of listening to the radio, or an album. Have you ever listened to either of those? A podcast is just another version of that type of thing. Not really that bizarre of a concept, no disrespect.

People pick the radio station that plays the content that they enjoy, or that has hosts that they like. People do the same with their podcasts. Imagine if there was a pinball radio station, that would be TPN.

#175 4 years ago

So happy to have Linsey and Kevin as part of The Pinball Network streamers!!!! Make sure to follow The Pinball Network on twitch for updates on when they will stream next. twitch.tv/thepinballnetwork

66B5E09F-F886-436C-9011-445F6DB41FE0 (resized).jpeg66B5E09F-F886-436C-9011-445F6DB41FE0 (resized).jpeg
    #176 4 years ago

We are super excited about this one...and because of David Dennis...equally worried. Tune in soon to hear Silverball Chronicles only on The Pinball Network!

194FDF61-D79B-4E04-A6A7-B1D627FE648C (resized).jpeg194FDF61-D79B-4E04-A6A7-B1D627FE648C (resized).jpeg
    #177 4 years ago

Going to TPN domain site, I was directed below. Looks like google is searching for that name among rss text on the web.
    A19B721A-D965-41CA-905D-62FAB02F4D9F.pngA19B721A-D965-41CA-905D-62FAB02F4D9F.png

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Rant off.

Somebody needs to get a dose of the Macho!

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Rant off.

Most of them include content you can’t google like all the guest interviews etc.. plus it’s the whole atmosphere of the whole thing which makes them entertaining. Not just searching through pages of arguments on here for information lol. I find them great for listening on the train / car.

#180 4 years ago

Where are you going to find TPN . If I Google TPN I get Total Parent Nutrition and if I Google The Pinball Network I get an Aussie website and if it's on Facebook that rules me out as I don't have it .

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Where are you going to find TPN .

You can get your updates right here it looks like. Then just listen with your favorite podcatcher, watch on twitch and YouTube.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Going to TPN domain site, I was directed below. Looks like google is searching for that name among rss text on the web.
    [quoted image]

It's a 301 redirect. It's not Google that is causing you to end up on the Backbox Pinball Podcast page. Whoever owns thepinballnetwork.com has chosen to direct that traffic to that page.

#183 4 years ago

New pinball podcasting format that many will enjoy! Looking forward to hearing all of the different stories this season.

7AFD5F46-E37D-44DD-9D2C-20AC49457EB5 (resized).jpeg7AFD5F46-E37D-44DD-9D2C-20AC49457EB5 (resized).jpeg
    #184 4 years ago

These two are gold! Their dynamic is subtle and it’s meta-pinball streaming at it’s best. Highly entertaining without trying. Genuine.

0C544749-74AE-4772-A56B-2B9F1701BEA2 (resized).jpeg0C544749-74AE-4772-A56B-2B9F1701BEA2 (resized).jpeg
    #185 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

New pinball podcasting format that many will enjoy

Wow, looks like "purp'ed ball stories"

#186 4 years ago

I don't understand.

Is the Pinball Network spread out over dozens of different Twitch channels and media outlets? What is different about that, than me just going to the individual Twitch channel on my own?

Wouldn't it be better to have all of the content consolidated in ONE place? Maybe that is the case already and I am missing something?

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Wouldn't it be better to have all of the content consolidated in ONE place?

Their Facebook maybe ?

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I don't understand.
    Is the Pinball Network spread out over dozens of different Twitch channels and media outlets? What is different about that, than me just going to the individual Twitch channel on my own?
    Wouldn't it be better to have all of the content consolidated in ONE place? Maybe that is the case already and I am missing something?

Podcasts will be in one place. Streaming will remain with channel/stream owners. Keeps the money straight, and it means people can stream when they want without having to wait for their time slot. For Streamers being part of TPN will give them more visibility and a bigger support network.

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Podcasts will be in one place. Streaming will remain with channel/stream owners. Keeps the money straight, and it means people can stream when they want without having to wait for their time slot. For Streamers being part of TPN will give them more visibility and a bigger support network.

Will there at least be a centralized notification or website with the streaming schedule?

#190 4 years ago

Officially launched Feb 10 so probably more info then

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Will there at least be a centralized notification or website with the streaming schedule?

So far announcements have been made on Facebook and here in this Pinside thread

#192 4 years ago

I believe streams will be auto hosted at http://twitch.tv/thepinballnetwork. The viewer can then click through to the streamers channel.

#193 4 years ago

Y'all need a website with links. Facebook is trash.

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

I use Facebook and I agree with both of these thoughts.

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Currently in the process of building that

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Rant off.

Gotta have podcasts NOW? Honest question - do you think these are the first podcasts?

Well, second honest question - when you hear someone say they "listen to a podcast" do you envision them just like standing in the center of their living room wide awake and just literally doing nothing and listening to it?

I listen to maybe 5 or so podcasts pretty regularly that I like, about all kinds of different topics. I can listen to them on my commute, when I'm at work on my headphones, cleaning the house, doing yardwork, cooking food if I'm home alone...I'd hardly call it "stimulation", just something to enjoy in the background. A lot of the podcasts I listen to don't really cover anything that would necessitate listening in real time, so I can just download them and come and go as I please.

TLDR: ok boomer.

#197 4 years ago

Since I don’t really watch twitch, are the podcasts going to show up in my usual podcast app if I search for them?

I use Overcast.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Currently in the process of building that

Just now?

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Gotta have podcasts NOW? Honest question - do you think these are the first podcasts?
    Well, second honest question - when you hear someone say they "listen to a podcast" do you envision them just like standing in the center of their living room wide awake and just literally doing nothing and listening to it?
    I listen to maybe 5 or so podcasts pretty regularly that I like, about all kinds of different topics. I can listen to them on my commute, when I'm at work on my headphones, cleaning the house, doing yardwork, cooking food if I'm home alone...I'd hardly call it "stimulation", just something to enjoy in the background. A lot of the podcasts I listen to don't really cover anything that would necessitate listening in real time, so I can just download them and come and go as I please.
    TLDR: ok boomer.

I just find it better than the usual morning talk radio that doesn't talk about anything I'm interested in. I couldn't care less what's happening with actors, singers, and sports. "Oh hey, the same thing but it's pinball. Nice."

#200 4 years ago

It doesn’t start as promoted until 2/10. Have they missed a timeline?

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/4?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.