(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast Ep 21: Live Or Die - Make Your Ch

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,812 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png
    triple_drain_new_logo_sz5v26 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 7.45.45 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 97.
    #2401 2 years ago

Loved the Gomez and Tanio interview! Nice work Joel!!

#2402 2 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 37: Graphic

Hosts: Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis
    Special Guest: Tom Graf

- Foxcitiespinball on Twitch
    - the NEW Triple "Drain?" Podcast
    - District 82 Pinball Arcade
    - Dental Tips
    - Whoppermania as IFPA returns
    - Fun Tournament Formats
    - DETAILED SPECIFICS & REACTION TO HALLOWEEN BY Spooky Pinball LLC
    - PSA Of The Week
    - Last 2 Weeks
    - Sick of Covid-19 talk
    - Best Multiball Nominees
    - Emails

direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-szp2c-107d1de

final round 37 (resized).jpgfinal round 37 (resized).jpg
    #2403 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 66: Death By Sausage Fingers

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Dennis & Zach Have A Run-In With The Police
    - Halloween In July
    - 2 Titles, 1 Layout
    - Sausage Fingers
    - Stern Pinball Teasing Internet Connectivity Coming In September?
    - Tanio Leading Another Cornerstone In The Future
    - The Pinball Hall Of...For F%&#'s Sake
    - Pinball Market Trends

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    The_Pinball_Show_Logo_3 (resized).jpgThe_Pinball_Show_Logo_3 (resized).jpg

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-m46uj-107f011

#2404 2 years ago

Guesses on much Stern is going to charge us for a branded USB-Wifi dongle? 3x an off the shelf version? I hope a generic one will work.

Speaking of dongles, what ever happened with that HDMI out hardware? Haven't heard peep on it in months.

#2405 2 years ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Guesses on much Stern is going to charge us for a branded USB-Wifi dongle? 3x an off the shelf version? I hope a generic one will work.
    Speaking of dongles, what ever happened with that HDMI out hardware? Haven't heard peep on it in months.

I'd be less worried about the cost of the dongle and more concerned over the inevitable monthly/annual fee it comes with...

#2406 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

I'd be less worried about the cost of the dongle and more concerned over the inevitable monthly/annual fee it comes with...

Very good point. I will be curious to see what they have to offer and for how much.

I am also hopeful for some co-op or challenge modes for Deadpool as was hinted at by George Gomez in his interview with Joel last week.

#2407 2 years ago

Never gets old!

backupterry (resized).pngbackupterry (resized).png
    #2408 2 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Episode 31: What To Own With Greg Bone

Host: Joel Engelberth
    Special Guest: Greg Bone from Straight Down The Middle

We walked through Greg's past collection, talking about what he liked and disliked, as well as his current pinball lineup.

stream: twitch.tv/justanotherpinballstream

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-tas3d-10833bd

#2409 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 67: Zach Interviews The Spooky Pinball Team + GIVEAWAY!

Host: Zach Meny
    Special Guests: Charlie Emery, Corwin "Bug" Emery, & Spooky Luke aka Mr. Squirrel or Softy

- I DON'T DO INTERVIEWS!...?
    - Win A Spooky Mystery Swag Box (details in episode)
    - The Interworkings Of Spooky Pinball
    - Halloween Pinball & Ultraman Pinball Sell Out In Hours!
    - The Launch
    - When We Will See These Titles Played
    - Design-By-Committee
    - Spooky Pinball Moments
    - Ultra Who?
    - TOPPERS!
    - Evil Dead vs. Army Of Darkness
    - Spooky's Plans For The Future...Internet Connectivity?
    - Mando LE Impressions (Additional Ramp, Upper Playfield, Grogu Magnet)
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - TPN Last Week
    - TPN This Week

*** A special thank you to the Spooky Team for joining the show, and to Dennis Kriesel, David Dennis, Joel Engelberth, Matt Morrison, Joshuah Jacobs, Erik Wurtenberger, & Brian Cosner for assistance with some of the interview questions.***

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nrbc9-10889a8

The Pinball Show Logo (resized).jpegThe Pinball Show Logo (resized).jpeg
    #2410 2 years ago

TPS-Ep67 -> Now that’s how,you do an interview !! Spooky came across brilliantly, while Bug and Luke described how they are managing the company. You did your research and the questions you crafted resulted in the best interview of Spooky I have ever heard. Very, very, very top shelf, Sir ::golf clap:

#2411 2 years ago

Ditto. I listen to a lot of podcasts and countless interviews and this was about the best I've ever heard. Zach, you did an excellent job on this one!

#2412 2 years ago

Great episode

#2413 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

TPS-Ep67 -> Now that’s how,you do an interview !! Spooky came across brilliantly, while Bug and Luke described how they are managing the company. You did your research and the questions you crafted resulted in the best interview of Spooky I have ever heard. Very, very, very top shelf, Sir ::golf clap:

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ditto. I listen to a lot of podcasts and countless interviews and this was about the best I've ever heard. Zach, you did an excellent job on this one!

Shit, thanks fellas! So you’re saying I shouldn’t be one-and-done on interviewing? I had help thinking up questions from my pals at TPN so to them, thank you again.

#pinballteam

#2414 2 years ago

Really enjoyed doing this and when I listened back I was blown away by Zach's ability to interview. I was pretty nervous about being on and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! Great guy to work with!

#2415 2 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Really enjoyed doing this and when I listened back I was blown away by Zach's ability to interview. I was pretty nervous about being on and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! Great guy to work with!

All right that’s it! Next time I’m in Wisconsin we are deer watching together! Tell Bug to bring the animal crackers Hahaha

#2416 2 years ago
    xVJVTJSET5XAUtXTBPVY8fGcKDF69ReoadMOKEFZjyE (resized).jpgxVJVTJSET5XAUtXTBPVY8fGcKDF69ReoadMOKEFZjyE (resized).jpg
    #2417 2 years ago

Enough with the adorable memes. Gameplay vid?

#2418 2 years ago

Just listened to the latest episode. Great job by everyone. I thought everyone came off well and appreciated everyone from Spooky being on and answering Zach’s questions. Just make sure you guys listen to the soundtrack from Armageddon while deer watching together.

#2419 2 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Enough with the adorable memes. Gameplay vid?

We want Luke to stay Ben Affleck. Don’t make him go all Steve Buscemi, RC!

#2420 2 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Fun show. Sounds like spooky is a fun place to work. Really enjoyed it- I also love Armageddon- it should definitely be made into a pin

#2421 2 years ago

Free Play Pinball Podcast Episode 4: The One Where Dwight Sullivan & Amanda Share A Dream While Bill Takes A Nap

Hosts: Amanda Hamilton & Bill Webb
    Special Guest: Dwight Sullivan, Senior Programmer, Stern Pinball

Amanda and Dwight dive deep into what a Harry Potter pinball machine could be like, while poor Bill, who has never seen most every film ever, sits back and tries taking it all in...

Check out Free Play Pinball Podcast on facebook!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-ufygq-108bf43

TPN Sm Font (resized).pngTPN Sm Font (resized).png
    #2422 2 years ago

Editing has begun!

5gkl34 (resized).jpg5gkl34 (resized).jpg
    #2423 2 years ago

Is that Craig Bobbie behind that hedge? The "Hey... hey... hey!" seems familiar

#2424 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 68: Will Halloween Kill Or Thrill & Harry Potter And The Book Of Botched Concepts

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Dennis Is Singing In The Rain, While Twisting His Ankle, While Whispering To Deer
    - Flip N Out Pinball Spooky Mystery Box Giveaway Winners Announced
    - Spooky Lukey Runs Shit!
    - Spooky Pinball Updates
    - Will Halloween/Ultraman Have Flow Or No?
    - Will Halloween/Ultraman Code Kill Or Thrill?
    - Russian Timekeepers
    - Dwight Nerds Out On What Could Be In Harry Potter Pinball
    - Harry Potter & The Book Of Botched Concepts
    - John Wick Fails To Get In Before The Window Closed
    - Dwight Sullivan Dream Themes
    - New Code: The Mandalorian V0.97.0 & Led Zeppelin V1.04.0
    - Questionable Question Mark
    - Happy Anniversary Slam Tilt Podcast
    - Dennis Talks Watch Drama In Timekeeping Market Trends
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Horrible Pinball Mods
    - TPN Last Week
    - TPN This Week

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-ubnrq-10925a6

the pinball show logo (resized).jpgthe pinball show logo (resized).jpg
    #2425 2 years ago

There was some strange audio editing bugs in this one, where you could hear Kriesel repeat himself in the background while talking. I assume that was not intentional?

#2426 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

There was some strange audio editing bugs in this one, where you could hear Kriesel repeat himself in the background while talking. I assume that was not intentional?

That sounded very intentional. Presumably done to spice up that drawn out story.

#2427 2 years ago
    Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

That sounded very intentional. Presumably done to spice up that drawn out story.

Yeah intentional to showcase my mind not grasping the drawn out details of the story as only Dennis can do. It was my first attempt at the effect, but I’ll keep working on it as it was confusing to some.

#2428 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah intentional to showcase my mind not grasping the drawn out details of the story as only Dennis can do. It was my first attempt at the effect, but I’ll keep working on it as it was confusing to some.

Made me think of:

Hangover (resized).pngHangover (resized).png
    #2429 2 years ago

I'm on Team Dwight for Harry Potter. I can picture a beautiful-looking game with illustrated art. And only using the book license gives them way more freedom. I don't want actor clip-art all over the game.

Even though it'll be waaay cheaper to license, book Potter will still sell like hotcakes! Zach is smoking dope if he thinks it won't sell. The books were megahits long before the movies came out.

#2430 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Free Play Pinball Podcast Episode 4: The One Where Dwight Sullivan & Amanda Share A Dream While Bill Takes A Nap

The audio of Amanda was fine for everyone else? I couldn't listen more than a few minutes because her audio was awful. She sounded tinny, distant and broadcasting from a bathroom stall. It's a shame because I'd be interested in listening to Dwight's comments, but listening to the questions was painful.

#2431 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

The audio of Amanda was fine for everyone else? I couldn't listen more than a few minutes because her audio was awful. She sounded tinny, distant and broadcasting from a bathroom stall. It's a shame because I'd be interested in listening to Dwight's comments, but listening to the questions was painful.

We are working on their audio. Our apologies

#2432 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm on Team Dwight for Harry Potter. I can picture a beautiful-looking game with illustrated art. And only using the book license gives them way more freedom. I don't want actor clip-art all over the game.
    Even though it'll be waaay cheaper to license, book Potter will still sell like hotcakes! Zach is smoking dope if he thinks it won't sell. The books were megahits long before the movies came out.

Oh it would sell no doubt, but I think it would be a big misstep

#2433 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Made me think of:[quoted image]

That’s what I was going for hahaha

#2434 2 years ago

I hope folks have already written to Mr. Meny to explain how ash is not going back to the cabin for a second time in evil dead 2 and why a standalone evil dead pin would be the worst option of the three movies, with the best option being a pin that covers all three (with ED1 getting the least content) so I don't have to

#2435 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

That’s what I was going for hahaha

I got the joke. I thought it was pretty funny.

#2436 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh it would sell no doubt, but I think it would be a big misstep

The books are timeless. You'll never get enough actor assets to make most people happy with the end result, if it was movie based.

#2437 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I hope folks have already written to Mr. Meny to explain how ash is not going back to the cabin for a second time in evil dead 2 and why a standalone evil dead pin would be the worst option of the three movies, with the best option being a pin that covers all three (with ED1 getting the least content) so I don't have to

I must have missed it, please do explain.

#2438 2 years ago

Damn...Now I want one of those Mario smart watches.

#2439 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Or... hear me out... never do the effect again and problem solved!

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Damn...Now I want one of those Mario smart watches.

Sadly they sold out super (hehe) fast. But if willing to pay a premium I hear some are flipping them on eBay.

mario (resized).jpgmario (resized).jpg

#2440 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Sadly they sold out super (hehe) fast. But if willing to pay a premium I hear some are flipping them on eBay.
    [quoted image]

Sold price....Oof. ebay.com link: itm

#2441 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I must have missed it, please do explain.

Basically, the first several minutes of Evil Dead 2 are a recap / redo of Evil Dead and then the rest is brand new stuff. Same thing happens with Army of Darkness, except this time recapping/redoing the first two movies. So in ED2, Ash is going to the cabin for the first time and only time even though we've seen him do it in a prior movie (with different details and execution). And in AoD, Ash is still going to the cabin for the first and only time, even though we've seen him do it in two previous movies.

Edit: Quick google has lots of articles about this. Here's a short one: https://screenrant.com/evil-dead-2-movie-remake-sequel/

#2442 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Basically, the first several minutes of Evil Dead 2 are a recap / redo of Evil Dead and then the rest is brand new stuff. Same thing happens with Army of Darkness, except this time recapping/redoing the first two movies. So in ED2, Ash is going to the cabin for the first time and only time even though we've seen him do it in a prior movie (with different details and execution). And in AoD, Ash is still going to the cabin for the first and only time, even though we've seen him do it in two previous movies.
    Edit: Quick google has lots of articles about this. Here's a short one: https://screenrant.com/evil-dead-2-movie-remake-sequel/

Much appreciate the explanation and link. On the other hand, it makes me realize even more the greatness of ED1. It’s like a rewrite but with a worse outcome. They didn’t need a whole film to have the guy cut his arm off and act wacky. Maybe I’ll never understand (shrug). AOD is next on the list

#2443 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Much appreciate the explanation and link. On the other hand, it makes me realize even more the greatness of ED1. It’s like a rewrite but with a worse outcome. They didn’t need a whole film to have the guy cut his arm off and act wacky. Maybe I’ll never understand (shrug). AOD is next on the list

Different strokes for different folks!

When I was a kid I'd rent what looked like terrible horror movies from the store to laugh at how bad they were. Saw army of darkness box and rented it with that in mind, then watched it three times in a row that night because I thought it was the coolest fing thing.

Eventually found out it was a sequel and rented evil dead. And was like what the hell is this? Straight up low budget scary horror movie with no jokes. Not for me and decades later have only seen it a handful of times

ED2 is a hybrid of the two but much more up my alley since Ash actually has a personality, says cool shit, and isn't really scary.

So with that in mind, you'll probably dislike Army of Darkness the most. That said, one hopes you can put aside personal preference to recognize how it has so much more to work with for pinball than the first in the series. But will you? I'll look forward to listening next week to find out!

#2444 2 years ago

ED2 is by far the best and not close; every single scene is a masterpiece.
    Never gets old, only gets better, over a hundred views.

AoD is good for the frat bros

#2445 2 years ago

Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Episode 4: Jingles Make Everything Better

Hosts: Joel Engelberth, Tom Graf, & Travis Murie

- Catching up on the news
    - NEW SEGMENT: Triple Combo (Mando Edition)
    - Deeper Mando discussion
    - Tom Talks!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-xx8h8-10949b8

triple drain logo (resized).jpgtriple drain logo (resized).jpg
    #2446 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

ED2 is by far the best and not close; every single scene is a masterpiece.
    Never gets old, only gets better, over a hundred views.
    AoD is good for the frat bros

My school didn't even have frats and I used to be able to recite the entire movie!

#2447 2 years ago

At Faber College, we had so much fun doing stuff in the Delta Tau Chi house, there was no time to watch ED or AoD. We found ourselves on double secret probation until one big party where we accidentally burned the whole campus. Oh well. . I really like ED2, but ED not so much.

#2448 2 years ago
    Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Please don't do it again, @zmeny. I'd rather be listening to your singing(which can be really entertaining sometimes).

#2449 2 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 38: Fantastic Mr. Fox

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins
    Special Guest: Joe Fox

- What Matters In A Pinball Machine For Enjoyment
    - Value In Different Models
    - Competing, Collecting, and Collectibles
    - Buying Sight Unseen
    - PinFest Coming
    - Travel vs. Lockdown?
    - Sponsor Of The Week: The NEXT Machine!
    - Last Three Weeks...We're Busy, Busy, Busy
    - Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow?
    - Likely More, But You'll Have To Listen

direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin
    email: thepinball.network

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-tf7mf-1099a6f

final round 38 thumbnail fox (resized).jpegfinal round 38 thumbnail fox (resized).jpeg
    #2450 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 69: Pinball Collectors Are People Too & World Changing Pinball Developments

Host: Zach Meny

- Listen Closely, A Lot Of Juice In This Episode
    - Stern Pinball Production Updates
    - World Changing Pinball Developments
    - Chicago Gaming's Next Title Release & Pricing
    - Spooky Pinball Gameplay Video
    - A Special Edition Of Pinball Market Trends
    - Feeling Pride As A Pinball Collector
    - NEW SEGMENT: Buy Low, Sell High
    - Television Trends
    - A Couple Of Zach 'Getting Old' Rants
    - Sorry Army Of Darkness...
    - TPN Last Week
    - TPN This Week

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-2qc7q-109aebb

the pinball show logo 4 (resized).JPGthe pinball show logo 4 (resized).JPG
    There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.