(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 97.
    #2251 2 years ago

Wow. What a listen. Good job Zach. You were patient, reasonable, logical and believable.

#2252 2 years ago

What a Wanker and i dont mean ZMeny

#2253 2 years ago

I have never been more excited to hear there that there is no recent news from JJP.

That was a perpetual train wreck for 73 straight minutes. And I compare those 73 minutes against those I could have spent listening to anything else.

#2254 2 years ago

Zach and kaneda... make it happen.

#2255 2 years ago

Please never do this again

#2256 2 years ago

I don't think this Delt guy went far enough down the rabbit hole.

TPN launched at roughly the same time Covid started to spread. I think the vaccines we are now seeing rolled out is another power play by Zach Meny to implant Flip n out mind control chips into our brains!!! I mean, Dennis works in some sort of public health thing! Wake up before it's to late and all we can do is BUY BUY BUY!!!

#2257 2 years ago

I tried to listen at 2.5x - to speed up the time I waste in my life listening to toxic pinball drama

But it turns out I just accelerated the time it takes to contract full blown AIDS.

Thanks ZACH

#2258 2 years ago

That interview was a one sided “disaster”.

#2259 2 years ago

Geez that was hard to listen to at times. To be honest, I didn’t have a whole lot of interest in the vast majority of it, pinball politics is utter meh!, but I listened to the end anyway.

At times it was a slow motion train wreck, but nonetheless intriguing. Kudos to both of you for presenting your case, passionately and “mostly” civilly. Was pleasantly surprised to see you actually working constructively together afterwards, when most would have thrown punches. Well done.

Delt, I’m a big fan of your JP work, so first of all big thanks for your immense creativity. Regarding the podcast, I’m cutting you a little slack, you were brought on clearly to show your opposing views to Zach. You showed them plus a little extra, which I’m putting down to adding some content spice for the audience. It mostly hit, but at times it became a bit emotional and treaded the line. As some have said on here, it may not have endeared you to the entire audience, but you were up against someone who had done his research and was ready for battle, so I can understand you throwing some punches that normally you may not have.

Zach, you’re a fkn pro, clearly comfortable in your skin and very comfortable behind the mike. You only lost your cool a couple of times when I would have been livid.

I’m not going to say you should make it a regular thing, or even ever again, but I’d listen if you did.

Personally, when TPN did first arrive, I did think it’s purpose was underlined with a Flip’nOut twist, but now, after listening to almost every podcast produced by TPN, I no longer hold that view. Zach, I love what you and you compadres do, thank you!

#2260 2 years ago

Lol Delt, so many made up arguments. Hopefully this puts all this silly drama to rest.

#2261 2 years ago

Made my Hemorrhoids swell up...Please never again.

#2262 2 years ago

I’m on a 8 hour drive today and it was insufferably long at 2x speed.

Zach stay sunny and grind on

Delt, after listening to this I’m going to block you proactively because you’re a faux intellect with an ego bigger than topper inflation rates.

You’re not direct, you’re an ass who just wants to forcibly stumble your way through predetermined outcomes based on a WWF like narrative concocted in your mind.

You want to call Zach a control freak? lol

Honestly you should be embarrassed of your behavior.

#2263 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Man... this one was rough to listen to. Couldn't tell if this was an act or if delt was really a genuine jerk. Jesus.

It's genuine

#2264 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Zach and kaneda... make it happen.

I have an idea for a pay-per-view debate / throwdown with Zach and Kaneda. It would cost $15 per live connection with all proceeds going to winner’s charity. Later views can occur for $5 donation. Advertise event for preceding month.

We are going to need a good announcer for the event and some shirtless ring boys to close each round with cue cards. We are going to need a panel of judges and yes they’ll be scoring stuff, which will be publicly revealed. Zach and Kaneda can each bring two fan bios. Please make this happen.

#2265 2 years ago

Every time I get into an argument here on pinside, I need to remind myself that there are people like this who have such a warped frame of reference and just refuse to listen to logic.

#2266 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Every time I get into an argument here on pinside, I need to remind myself that there are people like this who have such a warped frame of reference and just refuse to listen to logic.

11D82EE0-B9D5-41E9-AACD-5C0384B2722A.jpeg11D82EE0-B9D5-41E9-AACD-5C0384B2722A.jpegAE8EA08B-2045-48B0-8E0C-BD2428CAC7EC.jpegAE8EA08B-2045-48B0-8E0C-BD2428CAC7EC.jpeg
    #2267 2 years ago

Zach, when is the video coming out of you farting into a trumpet? I'll like and subscribe to that!

#2268 2 years ago

I listened, and the banter was a bit much for me. I don't listen to these podcasts for this type of content. But I do agree with a few points about TPN that were touched on. Bottom line, since the inception of TPN, I listen to those podcasts a lot less compared to when there were single, individual podcasts. It is because of two things. One, the format for me. I do not want to filter through different show sub-titles and podcasters that are under the same umbrella. Second, it seems like an infomercial at times. Regardless of what is said on the air, the fact that it was created by and run by a distributor is hard to get by without thinking there is bias.

I have to say, since TPN was created, I have turned and listened more to the independent podcasts a lot, lot more.

#2269 2 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

Bottom line, since the inception of TPN, I listen to those podcasts a lot less compared to when there were single, individual podcasts. It is because of two things. One, the format for me. I do not want to filter through different show sub-titles and podcasters that are under the same umbrella.

Each show has it's own RSS feed now if you are so inclined. They split these out a few months ago. DennisK posted them all again yesterday.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/45#post-6260552

#2270 2 years ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Each show has it's own RSS feed now if you are so inclined. They split these out a few months ago. DennisK posted them all again yesterday.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/45#post-6260552

Yes, saw that. I just like when a new show pops up on my phone. I click and listen while driving. Not really ever going to take the time to go through an RSS feed and separate.

#2271 2 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Zach, when is the video coming out of you farting into a trumpet? I'll like and subscribe to that!

I have a trumpet

#2272 2 years ago

Silverball Chronicles with David and Ron

Episode 14: Gomez - This One Has A Lot Of Arcade Stuff

Visit Our Silverball Swag Store
    https://silverballswag.com/collections/silverball-chronicles

Episode Summary

George Gomez has created some of the most well received pinball machines our hobby has ever seen. He got his big break with Williams Pinball, but the current Executive Vice President and Chief Creative Officer of Stern Pinball had a big career before the silverball. His mixture of experience prior to pinball built his unique style of pinball creativity. In fact, one of the toughest critics around, Python Anghelo called George a “good guy and very passionate,” Woah!

Join Ron and Dave this month as they follow George Gomez from the Cuban Revolution to Midway making games like Satan’s Hollow, Tron, and Spy Hunter. Then in a shift to toy company Marvin Glass and eventually Bally-Williams where he made a splash right away in the shark pool! Look out, this episode has an hour of arcade talk…

Sources: find at thepinball.network

email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-m8kb5-1029522

silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpegsilverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    #2273 2 years ago

Wow, now I know how our kids feel when my wife and I fight. It had all the worst parts of a marriage crash.

You‘re both partial right but it doesn‘t help if one is getting agressive and interrupts the whole time.

Delt should be as articulate here as in the podcast and Zach you should... „vent“ more often so you don‘t explode.

#2274 2 years ago

Man, I was actually pretty intrigued by this week's Pinball Show because I thought it would be really interesting to hear the viewpoint of someone who really disagrees with Zach (even more than Dennis does). But this was unfortunately a real miss. This guy came in with a predetermined narrative that he wasn't moving from and apparently he learned how to debate from Nancy Grace and Tucker Carlson. There was no room for nuance or anything that didn't fit his agenda. Just bad all around.

But I appreciate Zach giving airtime to dissenting voices, hopefully in the future they will be a bit more rational.

#2275 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Man, I was actually pretty intrigued by this week's Pinball Show because I thought it would be really interesting to hear the viewpoint of someone who really disagrees with Zach (even more than Dennis does). But this was unfortunately a real miss. This guy came in with a predetermined narrative that he wasn't moving from and apparently he learned how to debate from Nancy Grace and Tucker Carlson. There was no room for nuance or anything that didn't fit his agenda. Just bad all around.
    But I appreciate Zach giving airtime to dissenting voices, hopefully in the future they will be a bit more rational.

Did you listen to the end?

#2276 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Did you listen to the end?

Not yet. At three hours I wasn't able to do it all in one sitting. I made it to the news and hopefully the bickering is over, so I took a break. I'll finish it tomorrow.

#2277 2 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

C16051C9-BD09-4466-A1B9-F611092669BA (resized).jpegC16051C9-BD09-4466-A1B9-F611092669BA (resized).jpeg
    #2278 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Not yet. At three hours I wasn't able to do it all in one sitting. I made it to the news and hopefully the bickering is over, so I took a break. I'll finish it tomorrow.

Ah ok. I thought the tides shifted in that hour.

#2279 2 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

It gets better. I did the exact same thing, came up for air when the news started and I honestly thought the rest of the show was gonna be Zach solo. But Delt31 sticks through the entire thing and it is much easier to listen to than the "intro".

#2280 2 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

the fact that it was created by and run by a distributor is hard to get by without thinking there is bias.

Please provide any proof where these podcasts were created and run by Zach. PLEASE.

#2281 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please provide any proof where these podcasts were created and run by Zach. PLEASE.

They don't need proof when they feel that way... TPN isn't even run by Zach, but people still love to say that. What do I know though, I'm clearly just another shill puppet for Flip N Out and Zach.

#2282 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't think anyone read my post...

#2283 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 58: Keyboard Commando - Round One, Fight!!
    Host: Zach Meny
    Special Guest Cohost: Brian (Delt31 on Pinside)
    - Fun. Entertaining. Debating. Arguing.
    - Allowing a Keyboard Commando a platform to troll
    - Zach is soft and sensitive like a roll of toilet paper
    - Overlord Zach's evil, sinister plans for pinball distribution, The Pinball Network, and The Pinball Industry Awards (muahahaha)
    News & Regular Format Begins at 1:13:45
    - Stern's Director of Mechanical Engineering talks pinball development with Matt Morrison of The Pinball Show Interviews
    - Steve Ritchie talks to the Loserkids about the pain of dealing with licensors
    - Fathom Revisited 2.0 Code Structure
    - PinClash 2 Qualifiers
    - Made In Taiwan
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Deal Of The Week
    - Deals Of The WTF?!
    - TPN This Week
    - TPN Next Week
    email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-n7sjg-1026e03
    [quoted image]

This one was hard to listen to....at least the first half. I understand why you did this Zach for I can see how damn exhausting it is to be constantly shit on by people that have this agenda and bias. It's unfair and disrespectful really. You have been nothing but a great dealer for my wife and I and really just a good friend over the years chatting with you on the phone and inter webs. I have told you this before that there are more people out there that appreciate what you are doing than the haters. Even though it was frustrating listening to the back and forth it was a breath of fresh air to witness two different individuals who quite frankly do not like each other or get along, put all that aside and just talk some good pinball stuff. Usually the conversations would end after that first bit with both people wishing each other to hell but you both really stood out and acted mature about the whole thing and to be honest.....actually put out a really good podcast conversation. I would actually welcome Delt to come back on the show with you and do another one (minus the fighting part). For some reason it just worked really well and you both are really passionate about pinball and it showed. Might be a fun thing to partner up and do a few shows together. The whole dynamic between you two has that special formula almost like the married couple that hates each other but has great make up angry sex Dennis plays the "hate Zach" from time to time but we all know he loves Zach and is really just annoyed. But getting Delt on there a few times might make it a little more exciting. Hats off to the both of you for showing everyone how to put differences aside (even if not concluded) and just moving on and still hang out.

#2284 2 years ago
    Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

This one was hard to listen to....at least the first half. I understand why you did this Zach for I can see how damn exhausting it is to be constantly shit on by people that have this agenda and bias. It's unfair and disrespectful really. You have been nothing but a great dealer for my wife and I and really just a good friend over the years chatting with you on the phone and inter webs. I have told you this before that there are more people out there that appreciate what you are doing than the haters. Even though it was frustrating listening to the back and forth it was a breath of fresh air to witness two different individuals who quite frankly do not like each other or get along, put all that aside and just talk some good pinball stuff. Usually the conversations would end after that first bit with both people wishing each other to hell but you both really stood out and acted mature about the whole thing and to be honest.....actually put out a really good podcast conversation. I would actually welcome Delt to come back on the show with you and do another one (minus the fighting part). For some reason it just worked really well and you both are really passionate about pinball and it showed. Might be a fun thing to partner up and do a few shows together. The whole dynamic between you two has that special formula almost like the married couple that hates each other but has great make up angry sex Dennis plays the "hate Zach" from time to time but we all know he loves Zach and is really just annoyed. But getting Delt on there a few times might make it a little more exciting. Hats off to the both of you for showing everyone how to put differences aside (even if not concluded) and just moving on and still hang out.

So Dennis does love me?!?! Unfortunately, I’m not convinced quite yet, but I do think he possesses a couple love neurons with my name on them. Ahhhhhh Den Den!!!! Smoochees from Indiana

#2285 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

I don't think anyone read my post...

Please don't bore or confuse us with the facts!

#2286 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

So Dennis does love me?!?! Unfortunately, I’m not convinced quite yet, but I do think he possesses a couple love neurons with my name on them. Ahhhhhh Den Den!!!! Smoochees from Indiana

He's got your cardboard stand up in his room with a fleshlight taped to the back......Sorry Den Den...

#2287 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Proof doesn't matter. Perception is the reality.

#2288 2 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Hey all, Zach messaged me when the podcast dropped that he talked about me and/or TWIP and/or the TWIPYs which I appreciate the heads up. I poked in on this thread as I saw it was on fire, and it looks like most of it is between Zach and the delt guy, but saw TWIP and me brought up a few times in here. I haven't listened to the podcast and don't plan on it (in part due to length, in part due to avoiding drama) but if there is anything I need to answer or respond to or clarify hit me up or PM me. - Jeff (TWIP)

Ok well...I got PMs and messages so I listened. Ugh.

Not sure why it was necessary for all this to be brought up again, but there was a lot of talk about me personally so I will respond.

Regarding TPN and it's launch:

As Zach mentions on the podcast, I had talked to him (for about a year and a half) about us putting something together where content creators could all work together and support each other. I was definitely blindsided by Zach's TPN launch, had no idea that was launching, and it sucked to see some of my ideas that we had discussed utilized. One thing we never figured out was if it should be associated with any established "brands", like SDTM or TWIP or Flip N Out or something new all together.

My vision was for it to be more so focused on working to provide financial support to the creators though, to chip in to help buy people new products (cameras, mics, etc) for creating content because I thought people wouldn’t just join/promote something when they don’t really get anything out of it. (But I think it is clear I was wrong about that, I underestimated how much people love to "be a part of something" and join groups.)

Did the TPN launch "hurt my feelings" as was mentioned on this podcast? Yes, of course, for the reasons mentioned above.

Regarding the new awards show:
    I had been given an "off the record" heads up from a person at TPN that there was talk they were going to start another pinball awards show to compete with the TWIPYs. That was maybe 9 months (?) or so before the PIAs were announced. I had assumed that maybe that hit the cutting room floor until it was announced, and I was not invited to be involved in any way.

Did the PIAs "hurt my feelings" as was mentioned on the podcast? No, not at all. The two shows are different voting formats and don't need to necessarily compete. TWIPYs are people's choice type of format and had over 5500 people vote, the PIAs try to be a critics type of format for the Excellence part of the awards the PIAs only had 12 people vote I believe (don't quote me on that). The question of if pinball needs two awards shows is up to the industry, and if people embrace both. I think this year it did, both were embraced.

On Zach and the TWIPYs:
    I have messaged with Zach about this a bit since the podcast dropped, as there was some clarification needed on him saying "I don't know why [Jeff] doesn't want to work with me" (that was regarding the TWIPYs). That is not the case, though I do understand why he made that statement.

For context, to rewind back, Zach and Greg were a HUGE part of the TWIPYs as you know. When TPN launched, Zach and I were not getting along well for the reasons mentioned above, and that was what led to him not hosting the TWIPYs. It was 100% his (and Greg's) decision to no longer host the TWIPYs, and I completely understood why they did not want to anymore.

Zach did reach out after the TWIPYs this year to ask about hosting next year as he is ready to go "all in" on an awards show, but I was/am not ready to commit to hosts or specifics for next year for the TWIPYs yet. Need to let the feedback and messages from this year percolate for a while before making decisions for next year. Zach is one of the few people that knows how much work and time and effort and money goes into holding of these awards shows, so he understands. I don’t know that people realize that both he and I were in the red on the awards shows, we paid out of our own pocket. Yes we have sponsors but we go over budget to try to put on a great show. Yes we’re both idiots.

At this point, all of the disagreements we've had are way in the past, and I think Zach feels the same way. Zach is probably the most competitive person I've ever met in my life, and he makes incredible content for the hobby and is very creative.

I'm sure this will get its share of thumbs down, but I had to clarify a few statements made about me. It's a small hobby, and I think there is room for all of us even if we don't always agree on everything. Like I said, any negativity with Zach and I is in the past. We message and joke now. We're both looking at moving forward, not backward.

And hey we both agree on the important things, like that Kaneda needs to be beaten next year in the TWIPYs.

#2289 2 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

Proof doesn't matter. Perception is the reality.

Unbelievable. So even though Zach has nothing o do with any of the goings on with TPN outside of his created content, you’re refusing to change your opinion of TPN? You’re unable to have different views based off actual reality?

What would it take to change your perception? It’s really insulting to read these uninformed comments about how TPN works.

#2290 2 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Ok well...I got PMs and messages so I listened. Ugh.
    Not sure why it was necessary for all this to be brought up again, but there was a lot of talk about me personally so I will respond.
    Regarding TPN and it's launch:
    As Zach mentions on the podcast, I had talked to him (for about a year and a half) about us putting something together where content creators could all work together and support each other. I was definitely blindsided by Zach's TPN launch, had no idea that was launching, and it sucked to see some of my ideas that we had discussed utilized. One thing we never figured out was if it should be associated with any established "brands", like SDTM or TWIP or Flip N Out or something new all together.
    My vision was for it to be more so focused on working to provide financial support to the creators though, to chip in to help buy people new products (cameras, mics, etc) for creating content because I thought people wouldn’t just join/promote something when they don’t really get anything out of it. (But I think it is clear I was wrong about that, I underestimated how much people love to "be a part of something" and join groups.)
    Did the TPN launch "hurt my feelings" as was mentioned on this podcast? Yes, of course, for the reasons mentioned above.
    Regarding the new awards show:
    I had been given an "off the record" heads up from a person at TPN that there was talk they were going to start another pinball awards show to compete with the TWIPYs. That was maybe 9 months (?) or so before the PIAs were announced. I had assumed that maybe that hit the cutting room floor until it was announced, and I was not invited to be involved in any way.
    Did the PIAs "hurt my feelings" as was mentioned on the podcast? No, not at all. The two shows are different voting formats and don't need to necessarily compete. TWIPYs are people's choice type of format and had over 5500 people vote, the PIAs try to be a critics type of format for the Excellence part of the awards the PIAs only had 12 people vote I believe (don't quote me on that). The question of if pinball needs two awards shows is up to the industry, and if people embrace both. I think this year it did, both were embraced.
    On Zach and the TWIPYs:
    I have messaged with Zach about this a bit since the podcast dropped, as there was some clarification needed on him saying "I don't know why [Jeff] doesn't want to work with me" (that was regarding the TWIPYs). That is not the case, though I do understand why he made that statement.
    For context, to rewind back, Zach and Greg were a HUGE part of the TWIPYs as you know. When TPN launched, Zach and I were not getting along well for the reasons mentioned above, and that was what led to him not hosting the TWIPYs. It was 100% his (and Greg's) decision to no longer host the TWIPYs, and I completely understood why they did not want to anymore.
    Zach did reach out after the TWIPYs this year to ask about hosting next year as he is ready to go "all in" on an awards show, but I was/am not ready to commit to hosts or specifics for next year for the TWIPYs yet. Need to let the feedback and messages from this year percolate for a while before making decisions for next year. Zach is one of the few people that knows how much work and time and effort and money goes into holding of these awards shows, so he understands. I don’t know that people realize that both he and I were in the red on the awards shows, we paid out of our own pocket. Yes we have sponsors but we go over budget to try to put on a great show. Yes we’re both idiots.
    At this point, all of the disagreements we've had are way in the past, and I think Zach feels the same way. Zach is probably the most competitive person I've ever met in my life, and he makes incredible content for the hobby and is very creative.
    I'm sure this will get its share of thumbs down, but I had to clarify a few statements made about me. It's a small hobby, and I think there is room for all of us even if we don't always agree on everything. Like I said, any negativity with Zach and I is in the past. We message and joke now. We're both looking at moving forward, not backward.
    And hey we both agree on the important things, like that Kaneda needs to be beaten next year in the TWIPYs.

Well said Jeff. I enjoy all kinds of pinball content, and I was sad the TWIP podcast fizzled out. However, there’s certainly no shortage of pinball entertainment.

Less drama, mo’ fun! Looking forward to going to shows and hanging out with friends in the future.

#2291 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unbelievable. So even though Zach has nothing o do with any of the goings on with TPN outside of his created content, you’re refusing to change your opinion of TPN? You’re unable to have different views based off actual reality?
    What would it take to change your perception? It’s really insulting to read these uninformed comments about how TPN works.

Okay, so who founded TPN?

#2292 2 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

Okay, so who founded TPN?

Lots of people. Zach, Ken, Greg, Jason. Etc. reached out to us and asked if we would be interested in something like this. We said yes. Without us saying yes, nothing would’ve happened. All he did was provide an idea and we ran with it.

You think that because he had the idea that he runs it. He runs nothing. He was just the one (amongst others) that had the idea and champions it along with the rest of us that participate.

I was very apprehensive to do something like this because I thought I might have to agree to a bunch of stuff including running ads and presenting stuff on my content that related to Zach’s business. Literally zero of that happened, hence I joined.

All we try to do it keep creating content that is inclusive, respectful, and helps promote pinball. Zach offers help if we need it, same goes for all the content creators that participate in TPN. We all help each other on a daily basis. We talk constantly about how to improve, make more fun stuff for people to experience and make the hobby more fun.

Where’s the bias and control from Zach in that?

#2293 2 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

I don’t know that people realize that both he and I were in the red on the awards shows, we paid out of our own pocket. Yes we have sponsors but we go over budget to try to put on a great show. Yes we’re both idiots.

That gave me a good laugh

Thank you both for the effort you put in to not only run the awards shows, but to provide content and information for and about the pinball community every single week.

#2294 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lots of people. Zach, Ken, Greg, Jason. Etc. reached out to us and asked if we would be interested in something like this. We said yes. Without us saying yes, nothing would’ve happened. All he did was provide an idea and we ran with it.

I see what's really going on, as proven by you listing Zach's name first! It's clear Zach is using his power over you and the rest to do his bidding and further propagate his megalomaniacal agenda.

#2295 2 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I listen to podcasts on Spotify or occasionally Apple Podcasts. Every other podcast I listen to I can subscribe to just that podcast with these apps. I'm not going to change to "myYahoo", "podnova", "get Juice", "fire ant" or these other obscure apps.

Nonono you don't have to do that at all. The app just merely captures the "Really Simple Syndication" or RSS feed. So for example I use Castbox and wherever in the app you can input the URL of the RSS feed, you get the show episodes as soon as they are available. Just copy and paste the links provided by Dennis.

I have noticed since like 2014 about the pinball community and the toxicity (I got into pinball in 2012). It's pretty sketchy seeing it at conventions as well especially wherever Kaneda is. I avoid him because drama or something almost always bad happens around him (kicked out or warned to be kicked out) or he is in a group talking to them. Nobody mentions that after he received his TWIPY award in Texas he started running after the guy that was boo'ing him (thank you to whomever was yelling "show some respect"). Ran right out into the hallway and I thought a fist fight was going to ensue. Frankly I never want to meet the guy and I'm scared of him especially whenever I go into NYC because there could be a chance of seeing him. The pinball community for the most part is a welcoming and nice community. However when so many communities have banned Kaneda and shunned him but that 1 community, pinball, that says A LOT.

I have asked 2 Pinside mods in the past why they just don't ban people left and right. Forums aren't used anymore as Reddit and social media like Facebook have taken over. So in that regard this forum is like the last bastions of a simpler time on the internet. The mods I met said it's not really that type of forum and they let free speech pretty much flow. Plus the amount of drama that would ensue would be the whole "I'm going to create my own Pinside" drama which would be much worse than banning these people. It's really quite stunning though when you are like "c'mon you know X is a bad actor" and the admin in real life is like "YES we know the guy is an asshole and YES the guy should be banned but...*shrug*...we just let the guy voice his opinion unless he is physically instigating violence or something really bad".

#2296 2 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 33: Big Flip Theory

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins
    Special Guest: Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies

Join Martin and Jeff with special guest Ed Robertson as they discuss:
    - Ed's new single "Flip" from the new BNL album "Detour de Force"
    - Collecting & Selling
    - The FUN in pinball
    - "value"

Plus hear:
    - Martin joins Haggis Pinball for Fathom Revisited
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Best Wizard Modes
    - And more!

direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-5rwg7-102b726

final round 33 thumbnail (resized).jpegfinal round 33 thumbnail (resized).jpeg

#2297 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

C'mon Zach, as a medical professional you should realize by now that Dennis is only capable of loving himself.

#2298 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 33: Big Flip Theory
    Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins
    Special Guest: Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies
    Join Martin and Jeff with special guest Ed Robertson as they discuss:
    - Ed's new single "Flip" from the new BNL album "Detour de Force"
    - Collecting & Selling
    - The FUN in pinball
    - "value"
    Plus hear:
    - Martin joins Haggis Pinball for Fathom Revisited
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Best Wizard Modes
    - And more!
    direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-5rwg7-102b726
    [quoted image]

*whispers* I love you Ed Robertson... <3

#2299 2 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Yes we’re both idiots.

But you're OUR idiots!

Quoted from pin2d:

That leaves much room for misinterpretation! XD

#2300 2 years ago

I have to just say I NEVER listen to Zach’s podcast because I don’t want to listen to someone shill their company for 2 hours. With that being said I heard he had a podcast featuring Delt where they got into an argument. I had to check it out because that isn't the normal Memy offering... a couple thoughts.

Zach the show was a complete embarrassment. I give you kudos for bringing onto your show someone who disagrees with you, and honestly if your goal is to win the next twippy you should do more of this but DELT... OMG. This Delt guy was a JOKE, who does this goof think he is? It was interesting at first but then Delt got dumber and dumber as the show went on. At some point you should have cut off that interview because it got worse and boring the more he talked. Zach I give you a lot of credit for taking on someone who wants to argue with you, but this guy is a quack. Furthermore you showed he got under your skin as you constantly cursed not a good look if you ask me.

Why don't you actually bring on someone to the show who can LOGICALLY debate you about the issues, not whether or not you lost to Kaneda for a $2.00 plastic award. I think that was his main point the entire time as to why your an embarrassment.

Here is a reality check you can do an award show if you want you don't need delts permission or his acceptance. Delt like you or me have the ability to start our own youtube page, podcast, or facebook pinball show. I don't see him starting one so he could FINISH DEAD LAST. But if Delt does start his own podcast then I'll do a podcast and have him on the my show to make fun of him for finishing below even you. LOL

Do I think there needed to be a second award show, ahhhh nope! Do I care if you do one or if 100 other people do NOPE!

With all that being said if I must DECLARE a winner... ZACH won the debate only because Delt clearly doesn't have the chops to debate.

Zach I'd like to see more of this from your show, but please for everyone's sake get someone who can actually PUSH YOU on TOPICS that people care about.

There are great debates out there which would be great content for your listeners but Delt was a disaster. Get Kaneda now we're talking.
    One last thing to DELT... you kept calling Zach out for losing to Kaneda and how many followers each have. I hate to tell you this but Zach has more followers on Youtube than all of the other podcasters have listeners combined. Kaneda has 70,000 total Youtube views, Zach has 1.4 million with 8000 followers. CLEARLY Kaneda has the most followed podcast, but he does have a youtube page and he's dead last does that make Kaneda an embarrassment?

So when you get in the batters box get your facts straight. All these guys doing some sort of pinball news have different strengths and weakness. But if we're comparing overall followers TNT amusement has 37,000 followers with 10 million views. How are you judging exactly that Zach should be embarrassed by a single podcast. I have a facebook page with 600,000 followers, and Youtube 10 million views what do you have? You have NOTHING!

Let me clear up one thing right now there are no pinball celebrities, we have people choosing to make a living out of the hobby of pinball or they just enjoy talking about it. Zach to his credit has taken full advantage of podcasts, youtube, facebook to promote his company. Even if we're to disagree with some of those things he's out there doing it while Delt just talks about it. Delt is nothing more than one voice in a giant pond. If Delt really thinks anyone cares to hear his opinion he knows how to create an account on youtube... come on lets see what you can do. Do you dare do that so we can then make fun of you?

Very last point ... Kaneda is driving pinside conversation because he talks about RUMORS and SPECULATION and some things Zach could never touch on his show because he makes a living selling these games. Zach's show is giving news that honestly people already know about prior to producing the show. News spreads fast, people don't need a podcast for that they want rumors! The media has hopped on this Aaron Rodgers and they seems to know EVERYTHING when actually they probably know nothing. This is how successful media works keep cranking out the rumors. People tune into Kaneda podcast to get some controversy, some rumors, some speculation, and some insight. This is why the podcast is #1. Zach's show at least from what he does on youtube is more based on reviews of actual pinball games, just talking pinball. When people are about to spend 10,000 on a pinball they do want to see it unboxed, set up, played and reviewed this is what Zach does very well. Different strokes for different folks but no embarrassment that I can see.

Neither are embarrassing themselves until I heard this podcast with Zach cussing up a storm, and this goof Delt left on the show for over an hour to embarrass himself and lower the standards of Zach's podcast.

Lessons learned I hope.

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.