(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,825 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,825 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 97.
    #2201 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

When I was a kid I always thought it is dumb that in the Disney movies, characters suddenly start to sing (to express their feelings). - Noone in real live would do that.
    Then I "met" Zach Meny!
    -> For your next unboxing video I want you to sing a song (happy happy joy joy?) and suddenly having a band jump in from the off joyning you!

Now there’s an idea!!!

#2202 2 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 32: American Horror Story

Hosts: Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis
    Special Guest: Charlie Emery

- What’s The Latest
    - Honesty
    - Teamwork
    - Bigger & Better

Plus:
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Craig Bobbie of TPS joins us as we discuss pricing, a game of Two Truths and A Lie, and Most Overrated Battle Royale

email: [email protected]

18D539C5-8038-47DB-9AA5-7BCD7C04FE14 (resized).jpeg18D539C5-8038-47DB-9AA5-7BCD7C04FE14 (resized).jpeg
    #2203 2 years ago

That was a really good episode. Really enjoyed the interview with Charlie.

#2204 2 years ago

EXCLUSIVE FATHOM REMAKE NEWS AND INTERVIEW!

The Pinball Show Episode 57: Get Off My Ocean!

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Big Week, Big News, Big Announcement
    - Haggis Announces Machine Number Two
    - Fathom Remake (production timeline, trim levels, features, pricing)
    - Mermaids vs. Sirens
    - Four More Classic Remakes Coming From Haggis Pinball
    - This Is The Stern Way
    - Limited Edition Distribution
    - Dennis Is Mean Yet Again…
    - Spooky Pinball Production Updates & Next Title Talk
    - Scooby Doo Not?
    - SAPS Takes Us For Saps?
    - Dropping The Podcast Mic…
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Leeroy Who?
    - Blame Gen Z!
    - Magnet Lickers

facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nna64-101c54d

the pinball show logo (resized).JPGthe pinball show logo (resized).JPG
    #2205 2 years ago

Fathom great news.

#2206 2 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Episode 26: Catching Up, My Thoughts On LZ, & Rumored Releases

Host: Joel Engelberth

Catching up on the last few weeks, discussing the last year in podcasting, how my view of my collection is changing, my Led Zeppelin review, and thoughts on the future rumored releases!

stream: twitch.tv/justanotherpinballstream

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-zwgg2-101fa7b

jap_square2 (resized).pngjap_square2 (resized).png
    #2207 2 years ago

Give or take a month, Im not sure but Im eagerly awaiting the next episode of the Silverball Chronicles. RandomTask @theotherguy

#2208 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 3: John Rotharmel, Director Of Mechanical Engineering for Stern Pinball

Host: Matt Morrison
    Special Guest: John Rotharmel, Director Of Mechanical Engineering, Stern Pinball

TPSI host Matt Morrison talks pinball with Stern's head of Mechanical Engineering

- Mr. Rotharmel's past 20 years at Stern Pinball
    - His "baptism by fire" starting with Steve Ritchie on Terminator 3
    - Ramp design and material pros/cons
    - The evolution of pinball engineering
    - The work atmosphere at Stern Pinball
    - The complexities of popular and iconic pinball mechanisms
    - The lost mechanisms of beloved games
    - The growth of pinball accessories, especially toppers
    - John's love for music
    - The future of pinball engineering and what's to come!

The Pinball Show would like to express great appreciation and thanks to John Rotharmel for joining us, as well as a special thanks to Stern Pinball and Zach Sharpe for media coordination. Mr. Rotharmel is in our opinion an often unseen and unheard pinball engineering giant that is responsible for many of the things we adore in our game collections.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-7exe5-102303f

The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpgThe Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    #2209 2 years ago

The takeover is coming.

#2210 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

The takeover is coming.

Still doing Kaneda’s dirty laundry? At least you don’t have to hand wash his socks...

#2211 2 years ago

I enjoyed Matt’s latest interview with John. It’s great to hear the stories! I have really enjoyed all 3 episodes-

#2212 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

The takeover is coming.

What is this junk? Only NWO is with Ministry, known truth.

https://vimeo.com/44568228

#2213 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 58: Keyboard Commando - Round One, Fight!!

Host: Zach Meny
    Special Guest Cohost: Brian (Delt31 on Pinside)

- Fun. Entertaining. Debating. Arguing.
    - Allowing a Keyboard Commando a platform to troll
    - Zach is soft and sensitive like a roll of toilet paper
    - Overlord Zach's evil, sinister plans for pinball distribution, The Pinball Network, and The Pinball Industry Awards (muahahaha)

News & Regular Format Begins at 1:13:45

- Stern's Director of Mechanical Engineering talks pinball development with Matt Morrison of The Pinball Show Interviews
    - Steve Ritchie talks to the Loserkids about the pain of dealing with licensors
    - Fathom Revisited 2.0 Code Structure
    - PinClash 2 Qualifiers
    - Made In Taiwan
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Deal Of The Week
    - Deals Of The WTF?!
    - TPN This Week
    - TPN Next Week

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-n7sjg-1026e03

The_Pinball_Show_Logo_3 (resized).jpegThe_Pinball_Show_Logo_3 (resized).jpeg
    #2214 2 years ago

come listen to 2 guys who refuse to admit they were ever wrong ever. And mostly 1 guy just begging for the attention/praise of Kaneda.(just noticed the time stamp for the start of the regular format. Will skip past the rest of the first segment. Thanks for that Mr Sinister

#2215 2 years ago

Well if anyone longs for the day of the presidential debates, you can relive it here. But hey, got me to listen to some of it for the first time in a long time.

#2216 2 years ago

Don't feed the trolls Zach, what a waste of time this was..

#2217 2 years ago

Man... this one was rough to listen to. Couldn't tell if this was an act or if delt was really a genuine jerk. Jesus.

#2218 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

come listen to 2 guys who refuse to admit they were ever wrong ever. And mostly 1 guy just begging for the attention/praise of Kaneda.(just noticed the time stamp for the start of the regular format. Will skip past the rest of the first segment. Thanks for that Mr Sinister

Yes certainly not the type of content for everyone, but an experiment I've been wanting to do for a while. And honestly, given the long history of reading those comments aimed at me for years, somewhat therapeutic to do as well. It was enjoyable to discuss issues Delt31 has with me and my actions, but understandably cringy, which is why we tried to add disclaimers to notes and beginning of the show. I do appreciate you checking it out Mr. Sinister.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Well if anyone longs for the day of the presidential debates, you can relive it here. But hey, got me to listen to some of it for the first time in a long time.

Well Hot Damn! I'll take it Law!

Quoted from Jerickso77:

No, this was more an opportunity for me to stay transparent and real to the audience, even if it didn't perceptually paint me the best picture at times. I always want to create content that is entertaining, engaging, and real.

Quoted from Doctor6:

Man... this one was rough to listen to. Couldn't tell if this was an act or of delt was really a genuine jerk. Jesus.

Delt and myself both had an understanding of the exercise we were engaging in, but I think we both were as real as we possibly could be, for better or worse. If people want to be negative on a forum toward someone, they should also be given the same platform and opportunity to have a discussion, instead of hiding behind a computer or someone like me hiding behind a microphone or camera.

#2219 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yes certainly not the type of content for everyone, but an experiment I've been wanting to do for a while. And honestly, given the long history of reading those comments aimed at me for years, somewhat therapeutic to do as well. It was enjoyable to discuss issues Delt31 has with me and my actions, but understandably cringy, which is why we tried to add disclaimers to notes and beginning of the show. I do appreciate you checking it out Mr. Sinister.

Well Hot Damn! I'll take it Law!

No, this was more an opportunity for me to stay transparent and real to the audience, even if it didn't perceptually paint me the best picture at times. I always want to create content that is entertaining, engaging, and real.

Delt and myself both had an understanding of the exercise we were engaging in, but I think we both were as real as we possibly could be, for better or worse. If people want to be negative on a forum toward someone, they should also be given the same platform and opportunity to have a discussion, instead of hiding behind a computer or someone like me hiding behind a microphone or camera.

Glad it was theraputic for you, but Id love from this point on lets just move forward. We had Greg and Ken come on and both discuss their thoughts of the early TPN days. I love all the podcasts and look forward to it each monday as TPS is my favorite overall(and somehow I apparantly block out the all the subliminal FlipNOut messaging and somehow buy from cointaker, heh) and just want to move forward!

I did find it interesting that when it comes down to Pinball and taste you and Delt had similar thoughts much of the time. So Id say bring on a few folks from time to time to talk pinball, but lets just move past all the other stuff! The second half of the podcast(the regular format) was good though I have about 30 minutes to go. I just cant jog that far anymore damnit.

#2220 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Glad it was theraputic for you, but Id love from this point on lets just move forward. We had Greg and Ken come on and both discuss their thoughts of the early TPN days. I love all the podcasts and look forward to it each monday as TPS is my favorite overall(and somehow I apparantly block out the all the subliminal FlipNOut messaging and somehow buy from cointaker, heh) and just want to move forward!
    I did find it interesting that when it comes down to Pinball and taste you and Delt had similar thoughts much of the time. So Id say bring on a few folks from time to time to talk pinball, but lets just move past all the other stuff! The second half of the podcast(the regular format) was good though I have about 30 minutes to go. I just cant jog that far anymore damnit.

Great feedback. I agree and was not aiming to regurgitate old crap (painful enough to go through then), but I didnt think it would be fair to cut any content because that would appear like I was trying to hide something. But I agree, not typically the format I like to create, but maybe a good change-of-pace every once in awhile to make sure people are awake hahaha

(whispering.....r u flip n out?)

#2221 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 58: Keyboard Commando - Round One, Fight!!
    Host: Zach Meny
    Special Guest Cohost: Brian (Delt31 on Pinside)
    - Fun. Entertaining. Debating. Arguing.
    - Allowing a Keyboard Commando a platform to troll
    - Zach is soft and sensitive like a roll of toilet paper
    - Overlord Zach's evil, sinister plans for pinball distribution, The Pinball Network, and The Pinball Industry Awards (muahahaha)

Some thoughts about the... 'interview'. Much respect for Delt31 for going on and outlining his issues. I don't know why he has issues with something 'outside his real life'. Anywho, he made a few assumptions to support his narrative so, and since I'm sure others share these thoughts, I figured I'd publicly add some to the facts that ZMeny mentioned...

- I generally talk to Zach daily and would consider him one of those... Internet best friends?

FnO Shills

- I don't promote Flip N Out on Silverball Chronicles nor have I EVER been asked directly, or indirectly to do so by Zach.

- When creating Silverball Chronicles I only ever negotiated with Dennis and had zero dealings with Zach on bringing Chronicles to TPN.

- Zach promotes Flip N Out Pinball on his podcast, I promote my business...

- I promote TWIP every month on my TPN Podcast and will continue to do so. I have had ZERO conversations around this with Zach. My assumption is, he doesn't care...

TPN

- My understanding has been that TPN was never, 'Zach's Network'. It was Zach, Dennis, Jason, Greg and Ken's. Now it's Zach and Dennis' with a committee who make all the decisions. Myself, George, Dennis, Zach, Joshua, Kevin and Lindsay are 'the committee.'

- I wasn't involved in the TPN Launch but my understanding from looking from the outside was the only issue was the first promo video had only white men, and influential people jumped on that and created the narrative that everyone involved sexist and racist... The discussion and trolling which followed caused some TPN people to say 'screw it' and leave their stake in the network. Folwer was so mad he sold off the majority of his collection basically quitting the hobby.

- The committee has shot down a few dumb ideas Zach has had. Zach has also had some great ideas. He's firm but fair when we debate but he doesn't steam roll us. The committee has also shot down idea's I've had of which I'm still bitter...

- When the committee has an issue which causes conflict, we often wimp out and ask Zach to handle if for us. Some of us don't want to be the 'bad guy'. It isn't fair to Zach, but its draining dealing with silly 'real life like' BS when this is supposed to be my fun hobby...

- Don't Panic Flip generally makes the majority of decisions when it comes to the streaming part of TPN.

- Zach has never once mentioned podcast numbers for TPS in our TPN Chat or to me privately. I've had to ask how many views Chronicles gets... my assumption is he doesn't want competition amongst us TPN Podcasters for numbers. He wants us to focus on making the content we want make and enjoy vs. outrageous content for clicks.

- I don't listen to Kaneda, I only hear what he says from others or in TWIP.

- Most of the Podcasts come from people reaching out to us via email and do an 'Off the Record' pilot, then the committee making a judgement based on the public feedback.

The PIAS

- Zach isn't the only person to think of a second award show. I thought a 'critics choice' award show would fit in well with pinball and give a different perspective, in addition to the TWIPYs. So, because I was a nobody with 2 podcast episodes, I reached out to Zach in April of 2020 about starting a critics awards show. Basically, I thought I needed to hitch my wagon to a bigger horse. Zach let me know he and Dennis were working on an idea already and would ask for input if they needed it. Wait, now I think he blew me off actually...

- I'm not saying the PIAs were my 'idea' but I approached Zach before he even approached me. I joined the PIAs in Nov 2020 when Dennis mentioned the project was going forward and they needed to figure out if it was actually going to work since we had 2 months to pull it off.

- I literally wrote all the Pinball Industry Awards criteria, website, market materials, ballot applications, ballots etc... with ZERO input from Zach. He approved zero, and only saw the materials once they were online. The same time the public saw it.

- The idea for PIAs Excellence Awards was Zach and Dennis. This format and execution was all mine. It could/should have been better but I ignored most of Zach's input which may have made things easier for me... Live and learn... This year will be better.

- I planned on opening the Pinball Industry Awards Pinside thread but because my day was very busy at work and I asked Zach to open the thread instead. He got crap for that.

- Zach gave me a Batman 66 Stern banner, which I didn't ask for, just to say thanks for the work. Like, it randomly showed up in the mail at my office because he knew I loved Franchi's art work and OG Batman.

- What ever issues Jeff Patterson and Zach have is their business. I haven't ask nor do I care. I like Jeff and what he does. I support TWIP monthly and use Silverball Swag as my merch provider. Also, check out https://silverballswag.com/collections/silverball-chronicles and grab a shirt.

In closing, I really like being part of TPN but the BS narratives like the baseless comments some people have is really draining. I shouldn't have to make a post like this guys... It takes all the fun out of it. That being said, my ego gets a good pump up from doing this, so I guess I'll sick around

This isn't just a pinball phenomenon, its a human's learning to use the internet thing. Like the creation of the printing press before it. You know there is a reason people are scared about creating content, you put yourself out there and crazies personally critic you based on zero actual knowledge. Zach obviously doesn't like failure and refuses to give up. Good on him, I'm proud of him and he's a friend.

Cheers,

Dave

#2222 2 years ago

As a member of TPN it sucks how negative some people view it. It is also a slap in the face when people assume all my content is edited or controlled by someone else. I don't blame Jason or Greg for leaving because this type of negativity really takes the wind out of your sails for content that is supposed to be fun. I'm glad people are passionate about this hobby but I hope they realize that TPN is 30+ people and the PIA's were 40+ people so insulting them attacks way more that just Zach.

If I left TPN tomorrow the only thing that would change about my podcast/stream is I'd remove one logo from my streaming layout and I'd have to start paying podcast hosting fees. Dave from Silverball Chronicles would be out of my life though so it might actually be worth it...

#2223 2 years ago

Holy effing cow, Delt31. You really really come across as a guy that's a huge asshole, but thinks he is winning an argument and is too stupid to know otherwise. I wish you hadn't gone on that show. [Removed]

#2224 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Anywho, he made a few assumptions to support his narrative so, and since I'm sure other share these thoughts, I figured I'd publicly add some to the facts that ZMeny mentioned...

I'm not sure people are particularly interested but easy enough to skip my post. You've raised a few items that involved me so I'll provide a few elements for clarity.

When creating Silverball Chronicles I only ever negotiated with Dennis and had zero dealings with Zach on bringing Chronicles to TPN.

Back during launch the goal was just to quickly assemble a small group, with the idea that the concept would explain itself and interested parties would come forward after seeing TPN in action. The Founders (the loose label used for the five individuals handling the administration at formation) each, as I recall, had one podcast arranged (mine was Chronicles), though I think Zach had two.

Zach promotes Flip N Out Pinball on his podcast, I promote my business...

I'm not aware of any FNO promotion on anything that doesn't have a sponsorship arrangement other than The Pinball Show. Which we discussed back when it launched with Zach, Ken, and me hosting. Agreement was it made total sense for any host to promote what they'd like on the show they work on. So Zach mentions FNO, generally the plug is at the end of the show. I don't really have much to promote but Eclectic Gamers Podcast gets mentioned at the end of the shows I am on and that's the same concept.

I promote TWIP every month on my TPN Podcast and will continue to do so. I have had ZERO conversations around this with Zach. My assumption is, he doesn't care...

Everyone in TPN makes their own promotion determinations, sponsors, swag systems, etc. The goal was to create a self-support system of content creators but folks make their own decisions (TPN would step in if, say, someone went on a racist rant or something, but as Zach noted in the episode we don't actually take folks' content and edit it/censor it).

My understanding has been that TPN was never, 'Zach's Network'. It was Zach, Dennis, Jason, Greg and Ken's. Now it's Zach and Dennis' with a committee who make all the decisions. Myself, George, Dennis, Zach, Joshua, Kevin and Lindsay are 'the committee.'

I don't know whose "idea" TPN was... it's irrelevant, but I've been quite public with my thoughts about ideas being a dime a dozen and not understanding obsession with who came up with what (action is everything).

TPN had a starting core group of five people called Founders for shorthand convenience. We were not all onboarded at the same time (when I was approached everyone but Jason was involved) so I can't speak about discussions that predate me. The Committee handles the administrative work now; Zach and I tried doing it as a two-person operation and, just speaking for myself, I got really burned out. So we asked some TPN members to help out. All major decisions run through the committee system.

The committee has shot down a few dumb ideas Zach has had. Zach has also had some great ideas. He's firm but fair when we debate but he doesn't steam roll us. The committee has also shot down idea's I've had of which I'm still bitter...

Committee votes on major decisions (e.g., adding new creators). Yes, Zach has lost votes. I might have even lost one (as illogical as that may seem).

Zach has never once mentioned podcast numbers for TPS in our TPN Chat or to me privately. I've had to ask how many views Chronicles gets... my assumption is he doesn't want competition amongst us TPN Podcasters for numbers.

Yes, this approach was set back in the Founder days. Part of the idea of TPN was for the members to nurture each others' content creation. Constructive feedback, tips, and the like. Listener counts were seen as a possible competitive factor. That said, any show can ask for their listeners and if they want to share the count they of course are welcome to do with the information as they wish. Several have contacted me for their listener counts.

Zach isn't the only person to think of a second award show. I thought a 'critics choice' award show would fit in well with pinball and give a different perspective, in addition to the TWIPYs.

I advocated for a critic's choice system for YEARS. That's all publicly available on past Eclectic Gamers Podcast episodes. I spent a lot of time reaching out to content creators for the PIAs telling them about the ballot process and seeing if they would participate. I assumed that level of ownership of that process because of my high interest in critic's choice systems and I wanted to ensure we had a good assortment of voices.

Also, since it came up in the episode, the reason why Zach couldn't put his thumb on the scale/change the PIA results is he didn't have sole access to the system. We used SurveyMonkey for the voting. The "raw" summary data from SurveyMonkey was sent to the PIA Committee so they all had the vote results (note this committee is different than the TPN Committee). In addition, Zach, Dave, and I all had direct access into SurveyMonkey and monitored the voting process throughout the open period. Also, because of the critic's choice approach, we were able to send direct survey invites to all but one voter (they got a custom vote link instead), which means we had each ballot tied to a specific voter who was already identified and approved as meeting the established critic criteria. Zach also wasn't who pulled the formal results for the committee (I did; and I encouraged Dave and Zach to review at will to ensure it matched what was in the system).

Long story short (too late), it would have been in my view almost impossible for someone to alter the submitted PIA results without getting multiple people in on the scam. I do not commit voter fraud, I was not approached to manipulate the votes by anyone and had someone asked it of me I would have exposed the attempt.

I'm not saying the PIAs were my 'idea' but I approached Zach before he even approached me. I joined the PIAs in Nov 2020 when Dennis mentioned the project was going forward and they needed to figure out if it was actually going to work since we had 2 months to pull it off.

PIA model was based off several existing award formats (e.g., The Game Awards and the Oscars were probably the most cited between Zach and me), further format revisions were made once the PIA Committee was established.

#2225 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jerickso77:

I think Zach was between a rock and a hard place on this one. If he scrapped it because of the content Delt would have pointed out the omission and claim tha the was "right" and Zach is the mastermind of all TPN.

I personally am glad it is up there. It really goes to show how much of an agenda people have against Zach and really hold it against all of TPN.

#2226 2 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

As a member of TPN it sucks how negative some people view it. It is also a slap in the face when people assume all my content is edited or controlled by someone else. I don't blame Jason or Greg for leaving because this type of negativity really takes the wind out of your sails for content that is supposed to be fun.

I don't subscribe to TPN the podcasts, mostly because I just can't keep up with that volume of content but I occasionally listen. Today it was two guys bickering - I'm not even sure what the argument was about. So I skip ahead 30 minutes and they are still bickering and I'm only an hour into an almost 3 hour show. It sounded like one of those marriage counseling shows where the couple just needs to get a divorce already except these are 2 pin heads who only know each other through this forum. Based on the content I heard it isn't edited at all. I agree, pinball content should be fun and entertaining, where do I find that podcast?

#2227 2 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I agree, pinball content should be fun and entertaining, where do I find that podcast?

You can actually subscribe to the shows individually rather than the entire network. Joel's show is Just Another Pinball Podcast. Here are all the RSS feeds:

The Pinball Network (main feed; all shows): https://feed.podbean.com/thepinballnetwork/feed.xml
    Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    Jesse Jay's Pinball Adventures: http://feeds.feedburner.com/JesseThePinballNetwork
    Just Another Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/JustanotherThePinballNetwork
    Off The Record: http://feeds.feedburner.com/OffrecordThePinballNetwork
    Silverball Chronicles: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ChroniclesThePinballNetwork
    Silverball Stories: http://feeds.feedburner.com/StoriesThePinballNetwork
    The Pinball Show: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TpsThePinballNetwork
    The Pinball Show - Midweek Edition: http://feeds.feedburner.com/MidweekThePinballNetwork
    The Pinball Show Interviews: http://feeds.feedburner.com/InterviewsThePinballNetwork
    The Plumb: http://feeds.feedburner.com/PlumbThePinballNetwork
    The Puppet Palz: http://feeds.feedburner.com/PuppetThePinballNetwork

Added over 3 years ago:

Free Play Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FreeplayThePinballNetwork
    Triple Drain Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/tripledrainthepinballnetwork

Added 23 months ago:

The Pinball Tapes: http://feeds.feedburner.com/tapesthepinballnetwork

Added 22 months ago:

The Aussie Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/aussiethepinballnetwork

Added 19 months ago:

Pinball Party: http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinballpartythepinballnetwork

Added 13 months ago:

Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast: https://feeds.feedburner.com/innovatorsthepinballnetwork

Added 6 months ago:

The Pinball Network (main feed; all shows): https://feed.podbean.com/thepinballnetwork/feed.xml
    Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    Free Play Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FreeplayThePinballNetwork
    Just Another Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/JustanotherThePinballNetwork
    Off The Record: http://feeds.feedburner.com/OffrecordThePinballNetwork
    Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast: https://feeds.feedburner.com/innovatorsthepinballnetwork
    Silverball Chronicles: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ChroniclesThePinballNetwork
    Silverball Stories: http://feeds.feedburner.com/StoriesThePinballNetwork
    The Aussie Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/aussiethepinballnetwork
    The Pinball Show: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TpsThePinballNetwork
    The Pinball Tapes: http://feeds.feedburner.com/tapesthepinballnetwork
    Triple Drain Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/tripledrainthepinballnetwork

#2228 2 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I agree, pinball content should be fun and entertaining, where do I find that podcast?

Feel free to give mine a shot if you are looking for a new podcast. Feel free to check out any other the interview episodes form earlier this year. If you have feedback I'm all ears!
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/JustanotherThePinballNetwork

I watched your game room walkthrough a while back and have actually sent a link of it to a few people because your arcade builds are awesome.

#2229 2 years ago

Delt has jumped the shark. Zach demonstrated he is not OverLord. Lack of evidence by the Prosecution. Life goes on.

#2230 2 years ago

Not sure I'm going to make it any further than 5 min, but this sums up Delt31's comments in the first 5 min.

So damn cringy so far. This is sofa king awful that now I'm cracking up and going to keep going. Now on to the Main issue" of Zach and Pinstadiums....ok let's hear.

4r3nse (resized).png4r3nse (resized).png
    #2231 2 years ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

I think Zach was between a rock and a hard place on this one. If he scrapped it...

What? He already knewm it was going to be a complete shitshow from jump street.

#2232 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

You can actually subscribe to the shows individually rather than the entire network. Joel's show is Just Another Pinball Podcast. Here are all the RSS feeds:

I listen to podcasts on Spotify or occasionally Apple Podcasts. Every other podcast I listen to I can subscribe to just that podcast with these apps. I'm not going to change to "myYahoo", "podnova", "get Juice", "fire ant" or these other obscure apps.

Quoted from joelbob:

Feel free to give mine a shot if you are looking for a new podcast. Feel free to check out any other the interview episodes form earlier this year. If you have feedback I'm all ears!
    I watched your game room walkthrough a while back and have actually sent a link of it to a few people because your arcade builds are awesome.

It sounds like a good show, I'll try and listen. Thanks for your comments on my game room. My main complaint with TPN is that it is too hard to filter it to a few podcasts that I enjoy and I have time for. I don't have problem with podcasts being associated with TPN, I just wish there were a easy way to subscribe to the ones you want. For instance the NYTimes publishes several podcasts but I don't have to subscribe to all of them or use an odd ball app to listen to the ones I want.

#2233 2 years ago

Ok, I have to tap out.

#2234 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Ok, I have to tap out.

Yes but how was the audio dammit?!

#2235 2 years ago

Holy - Flip N Out Batman(shameless plug for the # 1 shill) - You TPN guys sure have your panties in a wad over a show that asked Delt31 to come on and voice an opinion or as some would say a narrative

Now as a group you roast the guy and duth protest way too much, which usually means some truth in there amongst the weeds.

You know, not all have drank the same BUY, BUY BUY cool aid and see things for what they really are - you know - CLEVER MARKETING USING SOCIAL MEDIA to make bank

Nothing wrong with that, but just admit it so we can all move on to talking about KANEDA winning his 5th Twippy

#2236 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes but how was the audio dammit?!

Unfortunately, I could hear Delt.

#2237 2 years ago

From what I heard, I have more respect for Zak.
    Like trying to have a discussion with a conspiracy theorist.
    Many conclusions based on assigning motives to people to support the theory.
    Ignore or don't believe facts and logic that don't fit the story.

#2238 2 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I listen to podcasts on Spotify or occasionally Apple Podcasts. Every other podcast I listen to I can subscribe to just that podcast with these apps. I'm not going to change to "myYahoo", "podnova", "get Juice", "fire ant" or these other obscure apps.

All podcatchers I'm familiar with allow you enter an RSS into their system to get the feed so I wouldn't think you need anything special. I don't use Apple Podcasts or Spotify but doing a check here's what I see for Apple Podcasts:
    1) Open the Podcasts app.
    2) Tap Library.
    3) Tap Edit in the upper right corner, and then tap “Add a Show by URL...”
    4) Enter your RSS feed URL.
    5) Tap Follow.

So assuming that's right you should be able just to copy any URL link I provided and paste it in during Step 4, and done, it'll update and all that just like all the other content you consume.

#2239 2 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

All podcatchers I'm familiar with allow you enter an RSS into their system to get the feed so I wouldn't think you need anything special. I don't use Apple Podcasts or Spotify but doing a check here's what I see for Apple Podcasts:
    1) Open the Podcasts app.
    2) Tap Library.
    3) Tap Edit in the upper right corner, and then tap “Add a Show by URL...”
    4) Enter your RSS feed URL.
    5) Tap Follow.
    So assuming that's right you should be able just to copy any URL link I provided and paste it in during Step 4, and done, it'll update and all that just like all the other content you consume.

Thanks, I didn't know about this but just tried this and it worked. This should be a key post.

#2240 2 years ago

Hey all, Zach messaged me when the podcast dropped that he talked about me and/or TWIP and/or the TWIPYs which I appreciate the heads up. I poked in on this thread as I saw it was on fire, and it looks like most of it is between Zach and the delt guy, but saw TWIP and me brought up a few times in here. I haven't listened to the podcast and don't plan on it (in part due to length, in part due to avoiding drama) but if there is anything I need to answer or respond to or clarify hit me up or PM me. - Jeff (TWIP)

#2241 2 years ago

What's up fellas. I know this thread is dominated with TPN 4 lifers so just a quick message - Zach and I thought this would be entertaining and I know it's pretty long so for people that want to skip the marriage counseling, they'll find an engaging (positive) conversation about the latest in pinball an hour or so in.

Zach - appreciate the invite. I enjoyed the discussion. I also appreciate the positive pms I've been receiving from pinside members. Thanks guys.

Cheers

#2242 2 years ago
    Quoted from joelbob:

It's a trap!!!

#2243 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

What's up fellas. I know this thread is dominated with TPN 4 lifers so just a quick message - Zach and I thought this would be entertaining and I know it's pretty long so for people that want to skip the marriage counseling, they'll find an engaging (positive) conversation about the latest in pinball an hour or so in.
    Zach - appreciate the invite. I enjoyed the discussion. I also appreciate the positive pms I've been receiving from pinside members. Thanks guys.
    Cheers

This was the best podcast to date

#2245 2 years ago

That was painful to listen to. Interesting, but very awkward. Delt was way out line. I see what he was trying to say, but jeez. What pitiful, half assed, moronic, weak, nonsensical and amateurish waffling responses to every question. In Delt's world, he is a king. In my world, he is a shitty joker.

#2246 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 3: John Rotharmel, Director Of Mechanical Engineering for Stern Pinball
    Host: Matt Morrison
    Special Guest: John Rotharmel, Director Of Mechanical Engineering, Stern Pinball

This was one of the coolest interviews! John is so laid back, humble and must have a lot more secrets to tell someday. great job Matt.

#2247 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bellystyle:

That was painful to listen to. Interesting, but very awkward. Delt was way out line. I see what he was trying to say, but jeez. What pitiful, half assed, moronic, weak, nonsensical and amateurish waffling responses to every question. In Delt's world, he is a king. In my world, he is a shitty joker.

He acted smart and asked questions he was sure he knew the answer to. When he didn't receive the answer he wanted, he resorted to insults like he was some sort of mega genius.

#2248 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Some thoughts about the... 'interview'. Much respect for Delt31 for going on and outlining his issues. I don't know why he has issues with something 'outside his real life'. Anywho, he made a few assumptions to support his narrative so, and since I'm sure others share these thoughts, I figured I'd publicly add some to the facts that ZMeny mentioned...
    - I generally talk to Zach daily and would consider him one of those... Internet best friends?
    FnO Shills
    - I don't promote Flip N Out on Silverball Chronicles nor have I EVER been asked directly, or indirectly to do so by Zach.
    - When creating Silverball Chronicles I only ever negotiated with Dennis and had zero dealings with Zach on bringing Chronicles to TPN.
    - Zach promotes Flip N Out Pinball on his podcast, I promote my business...
    - I promote TWIP every month on my TPN Podcast and will continue to do so. I have had ZERO conversations around this with Zach. My assumption is, he doesn't care...
    TPN
    - My understanding has been that TPN was never, 'Zach's Network'. It was Zach, Dennis, Jason, Greg and Ken's. Now it's Zach and Dennis' with a committee who make all the decisions. Myself, George, Dennis, Zach, Joshua, Kevin and Lindsay are 'the committee.'
    - I wasn't involved in the TPN Launch but my understanding from looking from the outside was the only issue was the first promo video had only white men, and influential people jumped on that and created the narrative that everyone involved sexist and racist... The discussion and trolling which followed caused some TPN people to say 'screw it' and leave their stake in the network. Folwer was so mad he sold off the majority of his collection basically quitting the hobby.
    - The committee has shot down a few dumb ideas Zach has had. Zach has also had some great ideas. He's firm but fair when we debate but he doesn't steam roll us. The committee has also shot down idea's I've had of which I'm still bitter...
    - When the committee has an issue which causes conflict, we often wimp out and ask Zach to handle if for us. Some of us don't want to be the 'bad guy'. It isn't fair to Zach, but its draining dealing with silly 'real life like' BS when this is supposed to be my fun hobby...
    - Don't Panic Flip generally makes the majority of decisions when it comes to the streaming part of TPN.
    - Zach has never once mentioned podcast numbers for TPS in our TPN Chat or to me privately. I've had to ask how many views Chronicles gets... my assumption is he doesn't want competition amongst us TPN Podcasters for numbers. He wants us to focus on making the content we want make and enjoy vs. outrageous content for clicks.
    - I don't listen to Kaneda, I only hear what he says from others or in TWIP.
    - Most of the Podcasts come from people reaching out to us via email and do an 'Off the Record' pilot, then the committee making a judgement based on the public feedback.
    The PIAS
    - Zach isn't the only person to think of a second award show. I thought a 'critics choice' award show would fit in well with pinball and give a different perspective, in addition to the TWIPYs. So, because I was a nobody with 2 podcast episodes, I reached out to Zach in April of 2020 about starting a critics awards show. Basically, I thought I needed to hitch my wagon to a bigger horse. Zach let me know he and Dennis were working on an idea already and would ask for input if they needed it. Wait, now I think he blew me off actually...
    - I'm not saying the PIAs were my 'idea' but I approached Zach before he even approached me. I joined the PIAs in Nov 2020 when Dennis mentioned the project was going forward and they needed to figure out if it was actually going to work since we had 2 months to pull it off.
    - I literally wrote all the Pinball Industry Awards criteria, website, market materials, ballot applications, ballots etc... with ZERO input from Zach. He approved zero, and only saw the materials once they were online. The same time the public saw it.
    - The idea for PIAs Excellence Awards was Zach and Dennis. This format and execution was all mine. It could/should have been better but I ignored most of Zach's input which may have made things easier for me... Live and learn... This year will be better.
    - I planned on opening the Pinball Industry Awards Pinside thread but because my day was very busy at work and I asked Zach to open the thread instead. He got crap for that.
    - Zach gave me a Batman 66 Stern banner, which I didn't ask for, just to say thanks for the work. Like, it randomly showed up in the mail at my office because he knew I loved Franchi's art work and OG Batman.
    - What ever issues Jeff Patterson and Zach have is their business. I haven't ask nor do I care. I like Jeff and what he does. I support TWIP monthly and use Silverball Swag as my merch provider. Also, check out https://silverballswag.com/collections/silverball-chronicles and grab a shirt.
    In closing, I really like being part of TPN but the BS narratives like the baseless comments some people have is really draining. I shouldn't have to make a post like this guys... It takes all the fun out of it. That being said, my ego gets a good pump up from doing this, so I guess I'll sick around
    This isn't just a pinball phenomenon, its a human's learning to use the internet thing. Like the creation of the printing press before it. You know there is a reason people are scared about creating content, you put yourself out there and crazies personally critic you based on zero actual knowledge. Zach obviously doesn't like failure and refuses to give up. Good on him, I'm proud of him and he's a friend.
    Cheers,
    Dave

There's got to be 4x more podcast content now than there was 2 years ago. Lots of great new podcasters, but SC is what I look forward to the most.
    And though I do listen to Kenada from time to time, the TPN crew is just killin it...even for 5 months when there hasn't been any new releases.
    Keep up the good work, all of you, and thanks.

#2249 2 years ago

Zach brought the receipts , good interview you overlord you!! I was close to hitting the fast forward, but listened in it's entirety.

#2250 2 years ago

Priceless. Nice to put a voice to the ass.

There are 4,825 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/45?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.