(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 97.
    #2051 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If Kaminkow / Stern has the license ( what have you heard?) I’d totally expect your reality theory to play out as described.

I don't know anything. I'm like a mushroom, totally in the dark. Trust me. Would I lie?

#2052 3 years ago

ZMeny I was noticing that your latest episode of The Pinball Show is not appearing on Spotify. Did Zen shut ya down!? Kidding but I thought I would let you know if this was not a planned action.

The latest TPN show I can see on there is Just Another Pinball Podcast #20 with Danesi.

#2053 3 years ago

Just curious..

Have you had any complaints with issues streaming TPS on Apple Podcasts? All of my other shows stream flawlessly except for yours which stops/starts often.

#2054 3 years ago
    Quoted from Smack:

zmeny I was noticing that your latest episode of The Pinball Show is not appearing on Spotify. Did Zen shut ya down!? Kidding but I thought I would let you know if this was not a planned action.
    The latest TPN show I can see on there is Just Another Pinball Podcast #20 with Danesi.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just curious..
    Have you had any complaints with issues streaming TPS on Apple Podcasts? All of my other shows stream flawlessly except for yours which stops/starts often.

We will have to look at it. I didn’t set all of it up and am ignorant to a lot of the processes regarding podcatchers. Thanks though for the heads up it’s helpful

#2055 3 years ago

It's the file size and poor data connection causing extra buffering.

If I had two suggestions: optimize your filesizes (someone gave some tips earlier in reducing audio quality - you don't need super duper high fidelity for two mics) - you choose the option for fidelity/bitrate when you export to mp3), and slice off extra dead air from the end of your files. In some cases there are 2-5 minutes, which add to filesize without benefit.

#2056 3 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

It's the file size and poor data connection causing extra buffering.
    If I had two suggestions: optimize your filesizes (someone gave some tips earlier in reducing audio quality - you don't need super duper high fidelity for two mics), and to slice off extra dead air from the end of your files. In some cases there are 2-5 minutes, which add to filesize without benefit.

Yeah Dennis has made similar suggestions but if I’m being transparent, I don’t know how to do any of that hahaha.

#2057 3 years ago

I PMd you because it totally depends on your audio editing software.

#2058 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah Dennis has made similar suggestions but if I’m being transparent, I don’t know how to do any of that hahaha.

You just change the export settings in Audacity if you use that.

#2059 3 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast: A Bowl Of Super Sponsors

Enjoy the Super Bowl! We at the Final Round love the big game for the same reason you do too...the sponsors. Here are our favs.

direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-tnjq3-fa001c

final round pinball logo (resized).JPGfinal round pinball logo (resized).JPG
    #2060 3 years ago

no pinball show?

#2061 3 years ago

Zach and Dennis are taking a month break to recharge. They should be back in March! Don't worry, there will be other TPN content this month.

#2062 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Ep 22: A Chat w/ Matt Morrison

Host: Craig Bobbie
    Special Guest: Matt Morrison, The Pinball Show Chicago Gaming Company Correspondent

Craig and Matt chat about the recent happenings in pinball and some upcoming pinball news to keep an eye and ear out for.

email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-n837v-fa5957

midweek pinball logo 2 (resized).jpgmidweek pinball logo 2 (resized).jpg
    #2063 3 years ago

Super Awesome Mid Week! Keep it up Mr. Bobbie! Also, its always cool hearing Matt Morrison's charming accent swagger!

#2064 3 years ago

...Craig could tone down the use of the word "fucking" and find another word for variety.

#2065 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

...Craig could tone down the use of the word "fucking" and find another word for variety.

Add the constant use of GD to that list.

#2066 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Add the constant use of GD to that list.

Personally cannot stand Craig Bobby's voice.

I missed the pinball show, however. Started thinking my podcast browsers were messing up.

#2067 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Zach and Dennis are taking a month break to recharge. They should be back in March! Don't worry, there will be other TPN content this month.

WHAT ARE WE PAYING GOOD MONEY FOR?!

Oh, wait...

#2068 3 years ago

NEW! Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 27 - Dr. Zach

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins
    Special Guest: Zach Meny

Martin & Jeff discuss:
    - Reach A Round Recap
    - The Pinball Industry Awards Recap
    - Zach discussing being a media darling
    - Making videos
    - Flipper Feels
    - Why Zach does not formally compete in pinball
    - Year 2 of TPN
    - Flip N' Out Pinball

PLUS:
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Martin's birthday surprise & wish list
    - Build Your Dream Pinball Machine
    - Jeff's Most Overrated Machines
    - And More!

direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-f4j5q-facf5c

final round 27 dr Zach (resized).jpgfinal round 27 dr Zach (resized).jpg
    #2069 3 years ago

So Zach, did you guys just stop making the pinball show episodes?

#2070 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Taking a break I believe.

#2071 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Taking a break I believe.

Boo. Thanks Chad.

#2072 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Dennis and I are taking the month of February off to recover from The Pinball Industry Awards and to regroup with TPN for the Network's 2021 goals. We will be back in March better than ever, that is, I'll be jolly and Kriesel will already be tired of me 10 minutes in....hehehe

#2073 3 years ago

Wasn’t it Kriessel who once said, when a podcaster takes a break, this often results in the show being discontinued? The reason stated was once unshackled from demands from a regular podcasting schedule, more often than not, the podcaster decides it isn’t worth their time to continue. They decide they don’t like hosting anymore and life without it is too much fun. Wish you guys had taken a polygraph and posted the results. Keep feeding your pet goats and I call first dibs on their sale.

#2074 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wasn’t it Kriessel who once said, when a podcaster takes a break, this often results in the show being discontinued? The reason stated was once unshackled from demands from a regular podcasting schedule, more often than not, the podcaster decides it isn’t worth their time to continue. They decide they don’t like hosting anymore and life without it is too much fun.

Correct. Always watch for the warning signs. Always.

#2075 3 years ago

Best... photo shop........ ever.

#2076 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Correct. Always watch for the warning signs. Always.

That was it, watch for the warning signs!

#2077 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW! Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 27 - Dr. Zach
    Special Guest: Zach Meny
    Martin & Jeff discuss:
    - Reach A Round Recap
    - The Pinball Industry Awards Recap
    - Zach discussing being a media darling
    - Making videos
    - Flipper Feels
    - Why Zach does not formally compete in pinball
    - Year 2 of TPN
    - Flip N' Out Pinball
    PLUS:
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Martin's birthday surprise & wish list
    - Build Your Dream Pinball Machine
    - Jeff's Most Overrated Machines
    - And More!
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-f4j5q-facf5c
    [quoted image]

huuurgh...that picture of Zach as Dr. Phil is incredibly disturbing, and I love it!

#2078 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Episode 21: Just Chatting w/ RayDay

Host: Joel Engelberth
    Special Guest: Raymond Davidson

In this episode, we discussed playing competitive pinball again, how a highly ranked pinball player approaches a game, the challenges of coding modern games, and much more!

stream: twitch.tv/justanotherpinballstream

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-v9ng2-fafdbe

just another pinball podcast logo (resized).jpgjust another pinball podcast logo (resized).jpg

#2079 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Edition Episode 23: Led Zep + Lil Flipper

Host: Craig Bobbie

CB talks Led Zeppelin pinball and Lil Flipper steals the show with her First Impressions!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-34kss-fb3326

midweek pinball logo 2 (resized).jpgmidweek pinball logo 2 (resized).jpg
    #2080 3 years ago

Off The Record Pinball Podcast Episode 7: The Pinball Drama Pilot Episode

Hosts: Martin and Sally

Sally The Beer Wench and Dr. Horribrew recreate some of Pinball HIstory's most baffling drama-filled events. Tune in with the gang this week for "Polo Fineries - Is THIS Normal Quality?"

Laugh, live, and love in the world we call The Pinball Drama.

Wanna give podcasting a shot without all of the costs and commitments? Email us to submit your Off The Record Pinball Podcast!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-da3ns-fb5c61

The Pinball Drama Logo (resized).jpgThe Pinball Drama Logo (resized).jpg
    #2081 3 years ago

There’s a reason why they call TV episodes pilots, because they’re not supposed to see the light of day. Which should have been the case for this episode. When someone thinks they’re funny or trying to be funny, they’re usually not funny, which was the case here for Martin. Sally was obviously reading from a script throughout the entire episode which also made it a hard listen for me. So in this case, we should have Saved The Drama For Your Mama. But I love what your doing Zach, along with the folks at TPN and giving people an opportunity to bring more content to the hobby. Do I want to give pinball podcasting a chance, no, because I know I would be horrible and other people should have enough self-awareness to know the same.

#2082 3 years ago
    Quoted from TonyVrd:

There’s a reason why they call TV episodes pilots, because they’re not supposed to see the light of day. Which should have been the case for this episode. When someone thinks they’re funny or trying to be funny, they’re usually not funny, which was the case here for Martin. Sally was obviously reading from a script throughout the entire episode which also made it a hard listen for me. So in this case, we should have Saved The Drama For Your Mama. But I love what your doing Zach, along with the folks at TPN and giving people an opportunity to bring more content to the hobby. Do I want to give pinball podcasting a chance, no, because I know I would be horrible and other people should have enough self-awareness to know the same.

Nice. What a douchebag. Congrats on being my first ignore.

#2083 3 years ago

Jessy Jay's Pinball Adventures Episode 15: Vippers Coming Out The Wazoo

Hosts: Jessy Jay & Ryan C.

Show Notes:
    - Why We Have Been Missing
    - The Boring Diary Of Jessy Jay
    - Avengers vs. GNR
    - Godzilla
    - Eddie Ruins Pinball
    - Stranger Things Doesn't Suck!
    - Barenaked Ladies
    - A Spider Story
    - Jess Joins The Foot Clan
    - Award Season
    - In Ron & Bruce We Trust
    - Single-Level Games
    - Vippers Coming Out The Wazoo
    - Why Is Dennis Kriesel Single?!
    - #nicestguy

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-jb28e-fb7968

jessy jay logo (resized).jpgjessy jay logo (resized).jpg
    #2084 3 years ago

NEW Podcast Alert! And it's a GREAT one!

The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 1: Tom Kopera

Host: Matt Morrison
    Special Guest: Tom Kopera

TPSI Host Matt Morrison sits down with pinball creator and engineer extraordinaire Tom Kopera to discuss his work throughout the decades. Tom gives a Behind The Curtain Tour for Cactus Canyon and the thoughts about a possible remake of the title. Mr. Kopera also discusses engineering some of the iconic pinball mechanisms from the 1990's, as well as his most recent and continued work at Stern Pinball.

The Pinball Show would like to express appreciation and huge thanks to Tom Kopera for joining us. We are excited to see what he develops next! Thanks Tom!

facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    streaming: twitch.tv/thepinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-iq5qu-fb9dfc

The Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpgThe Pinball Show Interviews Logo (resized).jpg
    #2085 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I cry in joy and 'cause I miss my Johnny Mnemonic, when I read this name.

#2086 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW Podcast Alert! And it's a GREAT one!

The Pinball Show Interviews Episode 1: Tom Kopera

Host: Matt Morrison

Would sound so much better and make it easier listening if the volume levels of the host and the interviewee were matched. The host volume is too low or Tom's is too high.

#2087 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Would sound so much better and make it easier listening if the volume levels of the host and the interviewee were matched. The host volume is too low or Tom's is too high.

+1

This is my #1 technical issue with various podcasts.

#2088 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

+1
    This is my #1 technical issue with various podcasts.

I only have this issue on the TPN podcasts. That Jessy and Ryan podcast always have awful sound levels, for example, Ryan is way too low and has vocal fry.

The other (non-pinball) podcasts I listen to are professional sounding. This seems like a waste of an interesting interview because of the audio levels.

#2089 3 years ago

I definitely battled the volume levels in the edit. Tom only had a headset. Not a actual mic. I recorded my audio on zencaster and audacity. My audacity cut is much better, but overpowered Tom's audio.I lost connection with him 3 times and each time he would fade in and out for several minutes after. I ran his entire cut through a seperate mp3 software and boosted his volume as much as I could. His headset clipped alot so I reduced those areas. When I would boost my audio it got grainy and fuzzy. I went back to my audacity cut, but when I reduced Tom's volume at all he lost all subtle nuances. the sweet spot was for tom to sound good and mine to sound distant and boomy lol. It annoyed me as well, but I wanted Tom as my guest to be represented well. I toyed around with boosting my volume in the zencaster cut, but that boomy sound was amplified and more annoying than the volume cut. I'm sure someone with more experience could dial it in. My next interview I hope to find a better balance and utilize a few more tricks I learned from my first outing. Thanks to everyone that listened and please keep the feedback coming. It's the only way any of us can improve.

#2090 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dokkaebi:

I definitely battled the volume levels in the edit. Tom only had a headset. Not a actual mic. I recorded my audio on zencaster and audacity. My audacity cut is much better, but overpowered Tom's audio.I lost connection with him 3 times and each time he would fade in and out for several minutes after. I ran his entire cut through a seperate mp3 software and boosted his volume as much as I could. His headset clipped alot so I reduced those areas. When I would boost my audio it got grainy and fuzzy. I went back to my audacity cut, but when I reduced Tom's volume at all he lost all subtle nuances. the sweet spot was for tom to sound good and mine to sound distant and boomy lol. It annoyed me as well, but I wanted Tom as my guest to be represented well. I toyed around with boosting my volume in the zencaster cut, but that boomy sound was amplified and more annoying than the volume cut. I'm sure someone with more experience could dial it in. My next interview I hope to find a better balance and utilize a few more tricks I learned from my first outing. Thanks to everyone that listened and please keep the feedback coming. It's the only way any of us can improve.

If you're already in Audacity, you can amplify your track, without editing your guests'. Editing interviews takes forever, so I feel your pain.

Once you have the levels relatively ok, you can normalize and compress your audio to make it more consistent (and generally "louder" feeling). Make sure you do this once any intro/outro are added. Not sure if you get the intro audio from TPN, but that needs to be part of the normalization or there will be a huge drop in volume when you start talking.

There are a few options, but aside from using a higher number to make the amplification louder and smaller to go quiet, you're good with the defaults for an interview podcast.

You can also amplify or reduce one small section, auto process to remove silence, etc.

If you record on separate audio tracks, that's the most powerful.

Just make sure that you do a final mix to -either- mono or stereo with both parties in both channels.

Hope that helps.

#2091 3 years ago

Another thing to note - the secret weapon in my interview toolbox for many years has been a Skype plugin called Amolto Call Recorder. It has a freeware component that requires a click every 20 minutes, or a one-time fee. Worth it. Then I subscribe to Skype-out and make phone calls to the people being interviewed. If they have a good connection (most do), then you're home free. Amolto splits audio -and- provides a combined track.

Skype out is $3/month and can be cancelled whenever.

Many of the people I interview don't have or aren't comfortable with computers, generally. Some are, but they've been the exception over the years.

#2092 3 years ago

Another thing to note - the secret weapon in my interview toolbox for many years has been a Skype plugin called Amolto Call Recorder. It has a freeware component that requires a click every 20 minutes, or a one-time fee. Worth it. Then I subscribe to Skype-out and make phone calls to the people being interviewed. If they have a good connection (most do), then you're home free. Amolto splits audio -and- provides a combined track.
    Skype out is $3/month and can be cancelled whenever.
    Many of the people I interview don't have or aren't comfortable with computers, generally. Some are, but they've been the exception over the years.

All that is great I info. I'm a newbie for sure. I'll look into the amplification settings and those Skype options as well. I'll probably go back and revise the interview see if I can even those audio levels out some more. I may have had my head in the sand just cutting and snipping. Didn't research the volume fixes enough

#2093 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dokkaebi:

I may have had my head in the sand just cutting and snipping.

Not to worry - the interview format is very hard because you can only control what you can control. That's why I advocate using the phones. You have a pretty much guaranteed bit rate and sound quality. While it's not the best sounding, it is nowhere near as variable as many of the chat apps out there. Makes editing easier too and you never have to ask the other party to record for safety (that's usually what happens when hosts lose their first interview audio).

Minimize hassle for your guests and they will be much better guests as a result.

I haven't yet heard this episode, but I'm very much looking forward to it (and future content, obviously!). Feel free to PM if I can be of any assistance.

#2094 3 years ago

Not to worry - the interview format is very hard because you can only control what you can control. That's why I advocate using the phones. You have a pretty much guaranteed bit rate and sound quality. While it's not the best sounding, it is nowhere near as variable as many of the chat apps out there. Makes editing easier too and you never have to ask the other party to record for safety (that's usually what happens when hosts lose their first interview audio).
    Minimize hassle for your guests and they will be much better guests as a result.
    I haven't yet heard this episode, but I'm very much looking forward to it (and future content, obviously!). Feel free to PM if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks so much man. Need all the help I can get lol

#2095 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Thanks so much man. Need all the help I can get lol

Audio levels aside, I did listen to the interview...just had to wait until I was back at home instead of in the truck. I learned lots that I didn't know about pinball on the creative and manufacturing side, along with Cactus Canyon info, etc. So good job on the interview and certainly keep them coming if you can.

#2096 3 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 28: Whatabonus

Special Guest: Steven Bowden, Rules Designer, deeproot Pinball

- The latest from deeproot, Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland, Food Truck, the PinBar, & MORE!
    - Where to get the best burger in Texas (pew pew)
    - Designing rules for many different machines
    - Filling out the list of Most Overrated Pinball Machines

PLUS:
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - "What the hell are we doing wrong?"
    - Fortnight Findings
    - Led Zeppelin LE arrives
    - Martin's Second Impressions on JJP's Guns N' Roses
    - Facebook in Australia
    - Fan Mail

Direct feed to Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    Email us at [email protected]
    Twitter @finalroundpin

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-heyq9-fc09c0

final round 28 thumbnail (resized).jpgfinal round 28 thumbnail (resized).jpg
    #2097 3 years ago

BRUCE IS BACK! This time cohosting with his better half Kat on the Pinball Plus Podcast

Off The Record Pinball Podcast Episode 8: Pinball Plus Podcast - Our First Try

Hosts: Kat & Bruce Nightingale

Here we are, here we go. Telling you things, you may not know.
    Kat Nightingale and Bruce Nightingale talking about pinball, plus more.

If you enjoyed this episode, send feedback to [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-np883-fc21fe

Off The Record Logo (resized).jpgOff The Record Logo (resized).jpg
    #2098 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 50: Entering A New Pinball Era

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- New Year. New Goals.
    - The Ever-Changing Pinball Market: The FOMO Period
    - We Disagree With Roger Sharpe
    - New Editions To The Pindangered Species List
    - Fucking Puzzles?
    - Ritchie Suggests Fixes To LZ
    - JJP Production Updates
    - A New Podcast Alert
    - Tom Kopera Chats With Morrison
    - Cactus Canyon Prototype Mechs & Toys
    - Slash Shows Love To The Pinball Industry Awards
    - LoserKids In The News
    - Isn’t Jack Haeger An Action Star?
    - Pinball Nuggets
    - Dennis and Zach Argue Between JPOP and Oursler
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Questionable Local Conventions
    - Deals Of The WTF?!
    - SDTM Rebranding
    - Flip N Out Pinball Announcement
    - TPN Last Week
    - TPN This Week

facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-856dj-fc3d8d

The Pinball Show Logo 3 (resized).jpgThe Pinball Show Logo 3 (resized).jpg
    #2099 3 years ago

I vote myself for new Deeproot correspondant!

#2100 3 years ago
    EtKdqeWXMAAT2ex (resized).jpgEtKdqeWXMAAT2ex (resized).jpg
    There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.