Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,809 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png
    triple_drain_new_logo_sz5v26 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 7.45.45 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 97.
    #101 4 years ago

Looking forward to having all the pinball content in one place. Good work Zach and company...

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

It's actually awesome. I only wish I could take responsibility for it. Well done whoever you are.

Entitled to your opinion. Not sure why deliberately setting out to derail others from trying enjoy and promote the hobby is awesome though. I suppose if the mad genius who did it (possibly also the inventor of "pull my finger" and other classic hijinks) sells/gives the domain to TPN then it is all in good "fun".

#103 4 years ago

You should probably secure domains BEFORE announcing anything?

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

It's actually awesome. I only wish I could take responsibility for it. Well done whoever you are.

Yeah, I don't get this take.

Many people are putting their time, energies and passions into something, and someone deliberately taking a dump on that, is a haha moment? Yeesh.

That said I've never understood when people trip or get hit in the face with things, (In real life anyway. The "ow my balls" segment from Idiocracy is pretty fantastic!) how people chuckle about that. Pain, yanno. Kinda sucks. That said, comedy is the delicate art of turning the pain of life, into amusement.

I may ultimately find all of this content unlistenable, and be more be more repelled by it than attracted. Doesn't mean I can't still try to respect their efforts, rather than deuce on them.

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

YMH appears to consider itself a single podcast and not a network.

Again, are you sure about that?

YMH network has the actual YMH podcast, The Honeydew, Dr Drew After Dark, 2 bears 1 cave, Where my mom's at, and others......

They have a banner that spells that out.

Check out YMH if you like comedy.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#106 4 years ago

Zach or any of the podcasts for that matter have never bought any of the domains. Hence their emails “thenameofourpodcast”@gmail.com. So who was to know Zach was going to do it this time?

As for all the content in one place, we are all adults and most of us are smart enough to find and go get the content we want to see and hear.

It actually kind of sucks. Those of us that supported the individual podcasts when they were on their own and bought their SWAG only for it to now be named “the pinball network”. WTF!

But I have missed the content in the last few weeks. Thank goodness for kaneda and poormans.

Not beating TPN up , I will certainly give it a chance.

And don’t even get me started on the whole diversity BS. The pinball demographic is what it is. No need for any group to force another group to be more diverse. It’s not like TPN “excluded” anyone. Just because a group isn’t INCLUDED doesn’t automatically mean said group was EXCLUDED.

Just my .02

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from okgrak:

Just because it is pointing to Macho doesn't mean Kaneda didn't buy the domain.... Solid trolling effort going on right now

You didn't understand my post. I wasn't speaking on who owns the domain, I was explaining why people are seeing different sites.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

You didn't understand my post. I wasn't speaking on who owns the domain, I was explaining why people are seeing different sites.

I wasn't making a counterpoint to your post, just furthering the discussion. In retrospect I quoted the wrong post.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Entitled to your opinion. Not sure why deliberately setting out to derail others from trying enjoy and promote the hobby is awesome though. I suppose if the mad genius who did it (possibly also the inventor of "pull my finger" and other classic hijinks) sells/gives the domain to TPN then it is all in good "fun".

With all the shenanigans going on, I don't see that as being too out of line. It's an epic troll, just embrace it.

Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, I don't get this take.
    Many people are putting their time, energies and passions into something, and someone deliberately taking a dump on that, is a haha moment? Yeesh.
    That said I've never understood when people trip or get hit in the face with things, (In real life anyway. The "ow my balls" segment from Idiocracy is pretty fantastic!) how people chuckle about that. Pain, yanno. Kinda sucks. That said, comedy is the delicate art of turning the pain of life, into amusement.
    I may ultimately find all of this content unlistenable, and be more be more repelled by it than attracted. Doesn't mean I can't still try to respect their efforts, rather than deuce on them.

I started listening to podcasts to hear other peoples honest opinions about the hobby and nothing else. Will a distributor run podcast network actually allow for genuine and unfiltered opinions to be voiced? Let's be straight here, when business and the desire to attract industry people to your show or stream gets thrown into the mix then things start to change, and not for the better. When a podcaster all of a sudden starts using a devil's advocate approach or has to do a 10 minute song and dance to justify every less than positive opinion, you know credibility is out the window. Truthfully, I feel that SDTM, TWIP and SWL have all gone downhill since Flip N Out got thrown into the equation. Everyone is given the title of 'founder' now but we all know who the driving force is and the motivation behind all of it. I don't blame Zach. He's a smart guy and doing what he needs to do to grow his business but I don't think it's making things better for the people that listen to these podcasts. IMO, it's worse. That's the problem I have with all this. It's all fine but my choices for unfiltered opinions is reduced to Poorman and Kaneda now. At least if I'm ever in the mood for pinball comedy I know where to go.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

With all the shenanigans going on, I don't see that as being too out of line. It's an epic troll, just embrace it.

I started listening to podcasts to hear other peoples honest opinions about the hobby and nothing else. Will a distributor run podcast network actually allow for genuine and unfiltered opinions to be voiced. Let's be straight here, when business and the desire to attract industry people to your show or stream gets thrown into the mix then things start to change, and not for the better. When a podcaster all of a sudden starts using a devil's advocate approach or has to do a 10 minute song and dance to justify every less than positive opinion, you know credibility is out the window. Truthfully, I feel that SDTM, TWIP and SWL have all gone downhill since Flip N Out got thrown into the equation. Everyone is given the title of 'founder' now but we all know who the driving force is and the motivation behind all of it. I don't blame Zach. He's a smart guy and doing what he needs to do to grow his business but I don't think it's making things better for the people that listen to these podcasts. IMO, it's worse. That's the problem I have with all this. It's all fine but my choices for unfiltered opinions is reduced to Poorman and Kaneda now. At least if I'm ever in the mood for pinball comedy I know where to go now.

I agree with your tone and thoughts here, entirely, but I'll wait for the product first, then form my opinion afterwards.

I've also always felt, NO ONE, can make me buy a game even on salesmanship and charm.

Though there was that one stream last Valentine's Day with Deadflip, Eric and Gang. That damn stream cost me $9500! The game kinda helped too though....

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

As for all the content in one place, we are all adults and most of us are smart enough to find and go get the content we want to see and hear.
    It actually kind of sucks. Those of us that supported the individual podcasts when they were on their own and bought their SWAG only for it to now be named “the pinball network”. WTF! But I have missed the content in the last few weeks. Thank goodness for kaneda and poormans. Not beating TPN up , I will certainly give it a chance.

I think you misunderstand things a little bit. No podcast ended because of TPN. Anyone who had a separate podcast before joining TPN will still have it. Only new shows will be put on TPN, no show is being brought over. For instance, Dennis will be part of the upcoming Pinball Show, but he is separately keeping his Eclectic Gamers Podcast. The same with Slapsave, and so on and so forth. Dennis has explained this in writing, and on the latest episode of his show. Any podcast that ended before the TPN announcement, was ended or planned to end all ready. Even though from the outside, it looked coordinated. In fact, in a lot of cases, the people who joined TPN shows only did so because they wouldn't have to bear the brunt of editing and planning duties, like they had to on their own previous shows.

#112 4 years ago

Also, still waiting to find out if Greg bone is gonna be part of any of the TPN shows. Or is he gonna do more with SDTM instead? Does anyone know? Cuz I speak for a lot of us when I say, "We need more Greg Bone and his sweet, sweet..."

#113 4 years ago

Man what a shit storm! Who would have ever thought this much controversy would have came from this? I do have a problem with one of the people in the group but i guess i don't have to listen to them. I am disappointed that they are part of the group though i wont lie.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I think you misunderstand things a little bit. No podcast ended because of TPN. Anyone who had a separate podcast before joining TPN will still have it. Only new shows will be put on TPN, no show is being brought over. For instance, Dennis will be part of the upcoming Pinball Show, but he is separately keeping his Eclectic Gamers Podcast. The same with Slapsave, and so on and so forth. Dennis has explained this in writing, and on the latest episode of his show. Any podcast that ended before the TPN announcement, was ended or planned to end all ready. Even though from the outside, it looked coordinated. In fact, in a lot of cases, the people who joined TPN shows only did so because they wouldn't have to bear the brunt of editing and planning duties, like they had to on their own previous shows.

I totally misunderstood then. Thank you for the clarification. Glad I didn't go all BERZERKER and take a steaming dump on the deal.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Shenanigans? A couple of guys decide to join forces on a podcast? THOSE BASTARDS! I didn't realize. Maybe someone should go out of their way to be an a**hole. Oh wait, been done.

You say "epic troll", I say "epic douche", guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

#116 4 years ago

I'm Excited for the new TPN network. I listen almost all the pinball podcasts because I drive a lot for work. So if these guys I listen to start stream lining the info put out and I don't have to listen to the same thing said 5 different ways that's good. I'll be tuning in

#117 4 years ago

Once again, the influence of Zach is overstated. Yes, he is my friend, yes he is a strong personality and yes, he has been integral to all of this BUT he is 1 part of it. I have always been respectful and try my best to criticize with some degree of constructiveness and humanity (not all do, ahem) but the idea that I will suddenly not speak my mind about a turd because I share an rss feed with zach is like saying Rick & Morty is meant for toddlers because it shares the same network as Barney.

Furthermore, the domain "issue" that keeps rearing its head is...entertaining to me. Yes, any entity that desires a website would be damn well served to get that domain so that it can be used. We talked about it before hand and no one wanted a website. It wasnt going to be used for what we are doing. Yet somehow, the fact that we did not get a domain has indicated we are inept? Kanedapinball.com is available I'm certain among many others for content creators. If someone has the time and motivation to go through doing that, so be it. The fact that someone cares enough to even pay for the domain and go through the effort, just tells me we made them anxious, mad or jealous or a combination of all three. That makes me smile.

The fact that so many people who have said this is all a waste of time are still here reading, posting and leaving opinions? Another smile.

Criticism, insults and naysaying all easily trump the cold, lonely silence of indifference. Please proceed.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

We talked about it before hand and no one wanted a website. It wasnt going to be used for what we are doing. Yet somehow, the fact that we did not get a domain has indicated we are inept?.

I just think it's a newer way of doing things. Pretty standard for a long time that website comes early, and that's sort of what people expect.
    I guess websites aren't as important anymore as a facebook page serving pretty much the same purpose or even better.

Not a facebook guy, but not really a podcast guy, so just giving you an outside opinion on the look of things.

#119 4 years ago

I, for one, welcome our new podcast/streaming overlords

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I do have a problem with one of the people in the group

Jesus Terry. What did I ever do to you? Your ticket price to pincinnati this year just went up 500%

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Jesus Terry. What did I ever do to you? Your ticket price to pincinnati this year just went up 500%

How the hell did you know that it was you??

#122 4 years ago

GLWPN

10K listeners by xmas

#123 4 years ago

The struggle is real

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

If he joined a club, he'd lose a foil. That's part of the schtick. This is all for the sake of entertainment, and that aspect is part of his brand, being critical, among other things.
    I don't think it would work for either party, to merge. Not in the least.

It's not a schtick for Kaneda. Just straight forward no shill feedback. I subscribe to the same mentality regardless if the feedback is good or bad.

This talk about "with respect to pinball" just screams we're going to ass kiss all day BUT I'm hoping that the folks in this network won't let a distributor dictate their content as that's my biggest concern with this whole thing.

Again the more exposure thing makes no sense considering how small this industry is. These guys don't need a network. Some of these guys have been critical though on games (Jason's podcast) and I just hope this network doesn't make it shill 24/7. That's TBD but hey let's bring in the content and judge from there. This is just preliminary feedback based on Zach’s dumpster fire rollout. The network would be better served without a distributor spokesman.

In case it wasn’t clear before....I plan on tuning in bc I love pinball and I’m sure others who have been perceived as critical to the network will too. Again this hobby is so small but super passionate so you’ll have viewers..... the same ones who tuned in when you weren’t all together.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

It's not a schtick for Kaneda. Just straight forward no shill feedback. I subscribe to the same mentality regardless if the feedback is good or bad.
    This talk about "with respect to pinball" just screams we're going to ass kiss all day BUT I'm hoping that the folks in this network won't let a distributor dictate their content as that's my biggest concern with this whole thing.
    Again the more exposure thing makes no sense considering how small this industry is. These guys don't need a network. Some of these guys have been critical though on games (Jason's podcast) and I just hope this network doesn't make it shill 24/7. That's TBD but hey let's bring in the content and judge from there. This is just preliminary feedback based on Zach’s dumpster fire rollout. The network would be better served without a distributor spokesman.
    In case it wasn’t clear before....I plan on tuning in bc I love pinball and I’m sure others who have been perceived as critical to the network will too. Again this hobby is so small but super passionate so you’ll have viewers..... the same ones who tuned in when you weren’t all together.

What do you get when you mix a broken record, a crying baby, and a couple Kaneda tears?....... Delt

Hope you stub your toe today buddy

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

What do you get when you mix a broken record, a crying baby, and a couple Kaneda tears?....... Delt

Now that wasn’t very nice snowflake. Talking to others that might not agree with everything you say isn’t a bad thing. You might learn something. Being critical also doesn’t mean we don’t like you Zach. But hey I do agree, I made my point. Feel free to PM too. Believe me it’s coming from a good place.

#127 4 years ago

"The TPN Team of Media Providers aim to promote the pinball hobby/industry in a respectful, informative, and entertaining manner."

Quoted from ZMeny:

Zach, that comment comes across as neither respectful nor professional. If you want to be at the forefront of the pinball community, you might want to choose your words more carefully and not be so defensive. I, and a lot of others, have a lot of respect for all of you for what you do, but you don't need to start alienating your potential listeners/viewers before your new endeavor is launched.

I have been #TeamZach since the first SDTM:APS video and will continue to support your efforts. In the words of RuPaul, "Good luck and don't fuck it up."

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

Zach, that comment comes across as neither respectful nor professional.

chil.gifchil.gif

#129 4 years ago

JFC, some people just like to...

It's a pinball podcast. No one is forcing or paying, or even charging you to listen.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

"The TPN Team of Media Providers aim to promote the pinball hobby/industry in a respectful, informative, and entertaining manner."

Zach, that comment comes across as neither respectful nor professional. If you want to be at the forefront of the pinball community, you might want to choose your words more carefully and not be so defensive. I, and a lot of others, have a lot of respect for all of you for what you do, but you don't need to start alienating your potential listeners/viewers before your new endeavor is launched.
    I have been #TeamZach since the first SDTM:APS video and will continue to support your efforts. In the words of RuPaul, "Good luck and don't fuck it up."

so its OK for people to pummel Zach with criticism, but he can't throw a little light banter back out?? Come on, I actually thought it was pretty good. Made me want to call him up and order a game. I have been a little critical of the TWIPY'S and some other things Zach has been involved in and we all have opinions about the hobby, games, distros, etc..., but at the end of the day Zach is a really good dude and yes he makes money in the hobby but he also does a lot for the hobby.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I liked it. Made me chuckle. I think it was said with a smile and a wink, no need for anyone to take it seriously. Besides, stubbing your toe...pretty low on the list of bad things you could wish on someone! Have a sense of humor people!

#132 4 years ago

I feel sorry for Jeff at TWIP , that he found out about the TPN at the same time as all of us . With all that he is done for this community I would have thought he deserved better .

#133 4 years ago

Just curious if they are going to do the twipy awards next year or are they going to be the TPN awards .

#134 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

...Come on, I actually thought it was pretty good. Made me want to call him up and order a game...

That's the whole idea, isn't it?

#135 4 years ago

Ryan ( Cloud7 ) and I are excited to be a part of TPN! We see it as a great way to increase viewers/interaction in our stream.
    We’re currently in the middle of a restoration on Alien Star
    This project allows viewers to learn, ask questions, provide feedback/tips and suggestions in real time.
    No agenda, not selling you anything, we’re doing this anyway because we want to.

I’ll be doing color matching and touchups this Friday at 8pm.

Twitch.tv/turbografx7

#136 4 years ago

I'm not seeing STDM listed. Has my favorite Youtube show gone away formally? If so, I'll be against this new endeavor.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm not seeing STDM listed. Has my favorite Youtube show gone away formally? If so, I'll be against this new endeavor.

From what I understand SDTM is not going away.

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I feel sorry for Jeff at TWIP , that he found out about the TPN at the same time as all of us . With all that he is done for this community I would have thought he deserved better .

TWIP Podcast is hopefully going to continue as part of TWIP, apparently.

*Yes there is a New TWIP Podcast thread!

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

From what I understand SDTM is not going away.

Good, it wasn't listed in the programming.

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Again, are you sure about that?
    YMH network has the actual YMH podcast, The Honeydew, Dr Drew After Dark, 2 bears 1 cave, Where my mom's at, and others......
    They have a banner that spells that out.
    Check out YMH if you like comedy.
    [quoted image]

Whats up Jean

#141 4 years ago

The Pinball Network seems like a flop already.

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

The Pinball Network seems like a flop already.

Yes everything in pinball is a flop and a disaster and a tire fire and a dumpster fire.

It's a disaster!

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

Whats up Jean

I was hoping there was at least one other mommy here.

#144 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Schtick as in, the style with which he presents himself as a podcaster. He could definitely seem a bit different offline, here and there. Dunno, never met the guy, yet alone know him long enough to get a vibe for whether he exaggerates his approach for entertainment's sake. I mean....not a whole lot going on in the pinball world. Most people don't know it exists. I had a coworker just yesterday think my angry demonic flaming pinball Stern circuit shirt from 2018 was a bowling ball. Pinball just isn't on the tip of most people's tongues.

Speaking of presentation and such. I started lurking this site maybe a couple years back, and Zach was pretty beloved all around, seemed teflon from criticism, nuthin' but praise. 2 years later, after joining Flip N' Out for sales, and now this, and he's getting so much flack. Crazy how things can flip so quickly for people. Zach has always given off the babyface vibe, charming and likeable. Now, I've got to imagine this public is reaction is somewhat vexing for him.

I've got no skin in this game, but I feel more empathy for the dude than anything. I imagine he must be frustrated, and feel like his efforts, along with others, are being harshly shat upon before even one piece of media drops. This "community" does feel jaded at times, as does the world, and it sometimes feels like it wishes to revel in failure more so than achievement.

That said, I'm glad there are multiple approaches going on in the pinball media arena. We need heels, good guys, middle of the road folk, especially when this niche of a hobby is so damn small, and actual news happens maybe once a month or two.

#145 4 years ago

A website would actually be quite useful. Type it in, find the latest post, and boom - last night's stream and this morning's podcast. Freshest content without having to think.

Nobody wants to manage it. That's why it won't exist.

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes everything in pinball is a flop and a disaster and a tire fire and a dumpster fire.
    It's a disaster!

I look forward to the "Is the pinball podcast bubble about to burst?" threads.

#147 4 years ago

I have to say with the few very vocal cranks/haters/*ssholes in the group if I was a podcaster or streamer I'd be tempted to just say "F it!", take my pinball, and go home!

However, I'm sure they realize that the large majority of the population is appreciative of their hard work to provide these entertainments, as judged from their download numbers, etc.

As a fan of many of these pinball personalities I'm looking forward to their new podcasts and relieved that we aren't losing them altogether.

Question, will the individual regular podcasts be subscribable in itunes seperately, so you see updates to just those immediately without having to filter through every single podcast put out by The Network?

#148 4 years ago

You guys need to use other media methods than ITunes. ITunes sucks on Android (over half the market).

#149 4 years ago

I will never understand how anyone could be upset over free content... Give The Pinball Network a chance. Then leave and listen to ME!

#150 4 years ago
    Quoted from Poorman:

I will never understand how anyone can be upset over free content...

You don't? It's kind of a big thing in radio & tv, most of which is free.

There are 4,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/3?hl=bork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.