(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 97.
    #1851 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Zach, as a true pinball player, Dennis nailed your hide on GNR assessment. BTW, are you still a Stern Distributor or did you go exclusively to JJP? (Sounded like it from the way you talked on episode 33.)
    Dennis is definitely the more pinball savy guru in pinball than your ideas of what makes pinball. If we are talking about pinball execution and flow, with all the geometry needed to make a great pinball machine, Dennis’s assessment on GNR is right on the money. Your retorts don’t hold water and all you could say to counter Dennis is he hasn’t played it yet??? Tisk tisk... In addition, you showed almost no class in putting down each good point Dennis was making, with your inserted, “wrong” audio clip. Grow up my friend, Dennis far out classes you in a debate about pinball, with his superior knowledge and understanding.
    No one has to play a game to discover from a stream or viewing the layout, whether it works as a good pinball machine or not. Can see straight away from just looking at Houdini’s layout for example, that the shots are really tight and the geometry is not so good.
    I trust Dennis to give a fair and objective review. You on the other hand, with your bias sales/shill glasses constantly on, not so much. What Dennis and other top pinball players have had to say about GNR not being a very good playing game or being very multiball heavy makes sense. But do not argue that GNR has plenty of theme assets. If all it takes to make you happy in a $12.5k purchase is plenty of lights, with some concert footage on the back box, along with a ball lock or two, you’re pretty easy to please. But a really good playing pinball machine???? Agree with Dennis on that one: GNR doesn’t appear to be a fun shooter when it comes to real pinball game flow combos, with real objectives to be accomplished, besides just getting a song to play, with multiball after multiball to keep the song going over and over again. Looks monotonous just like the stream we saw from Buffalo Pinball, like chopping wood. Although Kevin did a good job with what he had.
    I do appreciate your effort in pinball media although. Maybe just turn down the GNR hype train a bit, as you’re beginning to sound a lot like Kaneda. Dennis is the only reason your show stays somewhat credible. Nate Shivers you’ll never be, lol.

This is greatness hehehehe thank you for sharing. I can’t sell pinball machines Down Under so you’re safe from my insatiable desire to sell you GNR hehehe. And when using the term Shill Shades, please properly add the tm trademark stamp.

#1852 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

This is greatness hehehehe thank you for sharing. I can’t sell pinball machines Down Under so you’re safe from my insatiable desire to sell you GNR hehehe. And when using the term Shill Shades, please properly add the tm trademark stamp.

Anybody selling SDTM Shill Shades(tm)?

Commercial #1 - Tried playing GNR yet but all you got was blinding lights? You’ll never notice them while sporting your Shill Shades(tm). Comfortable temple arms grip your skull without squishing your brains. Never allow your pinball machines to see the whites of your eyes again! #backtotheeighties

#1853 3 years ago
    01895EBC-4982-49C6-BF00-1D684F911320 (resized).jpeg01895EBC-4982-49C6-BF00-1D684F911320 (resized).jpeg
    #1854 3 years ago
    1C393A8A-7F5B-4D25-A87E-0E625126ADB1.jpeg1C393A8A-7F5B-4D25-A87E-0E625126ADB1.jpeg
    #1857 3 years ago

Silverball Stories HorrorFest: Summer Camp

Host: Joshuah Jacobs

Silverball Stories is all hallows eve the entire month of October. Different original horror stories will be featured every week this month. Follow along in this week's episode if you dare....and prepare for a scare! (insert scary ghost sounds)

https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-745pe-efa81b

Silverball Stories Summer Camp (resized).jpgSilverball Stories Summer Camp (resized).jpg
    #1858 3 years ago

Man that was a damn well done Silverball Stories

#1859 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

Silverball Stories HorrorFest: Summer Camp
    Silverball Stories is all hallows eve the entire month of October. Different original horror stories will be featured every week this month. Follow along in this week's episode if you dare....and prepare for a scare! (insert scary ghost sounds)
    https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-745pe-efa81b[quoted image]

Really impressed with the amount of effort it must have taken to produce this.

Great voice acting too!

#1860 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Really impressed with the amount of effort it must have taken to produce this.

Great voice acting too!

Thank you. It's a lot of work for sure, but it's a labor of love. I always have fun crafting these episodes.

#1861 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 34: Is Harry Potter Pinball Really Happening? They Call Him Mr. Hermione Kriesel

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Avengers Banner Winner!
    - Chicago Pinball Virtual Expo 2020 & Updates For 2021
    - Harry Potter Pinball?!
    - NEW Elvira Code
    - NEW Stranger Things Code
    - JJP Podcast Interviews GNR's Slash
    - NEW Haggis Pinball Updates
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Deal Of The Week
    - Deals Of The WTF?!
    - Coming TPN Attractions
    - TPN Today
    - Pinball Trumpy Chimes in

email: [email protected]
    facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
    youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    instagram: @thepinballnetwork
    twitter: @therealTPN
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-wdt68-efb2fc

70EC6934-E596-414C-AE3D-96F620A03608 (resized).jpeg70EC6934-E596-414C-AE3D-96F620A03608 (resized).jpeg
    #1862 3 years ago

Silver ball chronicles is just an amazing show.

Thanks, for doing such a well researched, fun show. I could have listened for 2 more hours.

Bring on the next episode!

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom .

f&l145 (resized).jpgf&l145 (resized).jpg
    #1863 3 years ago

The Plumb Ep 5: Interview w/ Stern Pinball's Mike Vinikour

Host: Krystle Gemnich
    Special Guest: Mike Vinikour

- Mike and the field test program
    - Getting the job at Bally/Midway
    - Punk Rock and his LP collection
    - Mike's pinball collection
    - The art of collecting LP's and going to record stores at shows
    - Working from home; challenges and adapting
    - Mike's input/roles at Stern
    - Working the show circuit and doing seminars
    - More Midway talk; MK, NBA Jam & Arcade stuff
    - Owning games
    - Expo and the future of shows
    - Fangirlling over George Gomez (Mostly on my end)
    - Hobbies as jobs and jobs as hobbies
    - Growth in the hobby through COVID
    - More show talks
    - Swearing while playing pinball

Links:
    - The Punk Vault (MXV's instagram):
    https://www.instagram.com/thepunkvault/
    - Xover Episode w/Lauren: Gray:
    https://www.backboxpinballpodcast.com/deeproot

- The Plumb (insta): https://www.instagram.com/theplumbpinball/
    - The Plumb (twitter): https://twitter.com/plumb_the
    - Email me!: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-3grmu-efe42b

31EAD85C-CF82-4191-8085-1A2EA1213F51 (resized).jpeg31EAD85C-CF82-4191-8085-1A2EA1213F51 (resized).jpeg
    #1864 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Silver ball chronicles is just an amazing show.
    Thanks, for doing such a well researched, fun show. I could have listened for 2 more hours.
    Bring on the next episode!
    Message from the Freeeek Kingdom .
    [quoted image]

Thanks a bunch for the kind words! We've got quite a few ideas to come!

#1865 3 years ago

Just Another Pinball Podcast Ep 14: Back By Popular Demand

Host: Joel Engelberth
    Guest: Nicole Engelberth

In Episode 14 I convinced my wife Nicole to join me in discussing her opinions on both deeproot's and Jersey Jack Pinball's latest reveals...she loved every minute of it.

stream: twitch.tv/justanotherpinball

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-vki6s-efe448

1C1EE914-DC7D-46BC-A7CF-781BD23EDB56 (resized).png1C1EE914-DC7D-46BC-A7CF-781BD23EDB56 (resized).png
    #1866 3 years ago

The Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 19: Fight Night

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins
    Special Guest: Stern Pinball Director Of Marketing Zach Sharpe 

Join Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis as they discuss:
    - Marketing lessons with and for Zach Sharpe of Stern Pinball
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Virtual Pinball Expo recap and our fav videos
    - Brand and band loyalties
    - Most Underrated Pinball Battle Royale Round 1 results

listen here: www.thepinballnetwork.net
    Final Round Pinball Podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/FinalThePinballNetwork
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinballpodcast
    Twitter: @finalroundpin

122066033_1667633040080024_3838587745636178984_n (resized).png122066033_1667633040080024_3838587745636178984_n (resized).png
    #1867 3 years ago

Enjoy some TPS Midweek on your drive home or as a Presidential Debate replacement. Lil’ Flipper makes more sense anyway...

The Pinball Show Midweek Episode 15: TPS Midweek Goes Virtual

Host: Craig Bobbie
    Special Guest: Lil' Flipper

Craig discusses Chicago Pinball Virtual Expo 2020, JJP's GNR, Stern Factory Tour, and more!

Plus, Lil' Flipper gives her first impressions of Jersey Jack Pinball's Guns N Roses.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-2yfk4-f02289

40EA2A04-6D95-4353-AC37-955C9901A133 (resized).jpeg40EA2A04-6D95-4353-AC37-955C9901A133 (resized).jpeg
    #1868 3 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

Lastly, where I am concerned most is not so much the multi balls, but the rule that discourages trapping up and playing in control. As a person's skills improves in pinball we all know trapping up during Multiball is so key to success and makes for better shot flow.

I disagree with this. Flipper trapping play is boring to watch. Jugglers can keep many many balls in motion and still in control. Playing the multiball instead of trap shooting multiball is a welcome course to chart and I've been saying it's been needed for the last couple years. At least JJP is trying it. It may initially be a clumsy implementation, but I believe it will be refined and accepted, just like trapping has been. It's just a matter of time before people learn to control balls while keeping them in constant motion. It's just a different, undeveloped to this point, skill set. Rewarding players who master it with greater scores will be the incentive to move it forward. Kudos to JJP for blazing the trail.

#1869 3 years ago

Thanks for the banner Zach. I took Dennis’s advice and wrapped myself up in it- now my kids are fighting over whose room it goes in.

BD0F814E-6AD3-4C9C-8AFD-09C6E0AD6420 (resized).jpegBD0F814E-6AD3-4C9C-8AFD-09C6E0AD6420 (resized).jpeg
    #1870 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I disagree with this. Flipper trapping play is boring to watch. Jugglers can keep many many balls in motion and still in control. Playing the multiball instead of trap shooting multiball is a welcome course to chart and I've been saying it's been needed for the last couple years. At least JJP is trying it. It may initially be a clumsy implementation, but I believe it will be refined and accepted, just like trapping has been. It's just a matter of time before people learn to control balls while keeping them in constant motion. It's just a different, undeveloped to this point, skill set. Rewarding players who master it with greater scores will be the incentive to move it forward. Kudos to JJP for blazing the trail.

Let us all channel our inner Andrei Massenkoff with this game.

#1871 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Thanks for the banner Zach. I took Dennis’s advice and wrapped myself up in it- now my kids are fighting over whose room it goes in.
    [quoted image]

"One must commit acts of the highest treason only when dressed in the most resplendent finery." --Grant Morrison

#1872 3 years ago

Jessy Jay's Pinball Adventures Ep 9: The Pinball Vampire

Hosts: Jessy J & Ryan C

- Ryan reviews GNR!
    - Jessy is in love
    - Never Cross The Streams: Nemesis Machines
    - Bulk goats and Louis Theroux
    - BOMP: Censored
    - Shit Themes
    - Australiana 2.0 vs Jeff Teolis
    - JJPA's Play Better Playlist
    - Pinball Expo 2020
    - Virtual Battle of the Belles

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-fjxde-f04120

jessy jay logo (resized).jpgjessy jay logo (resized).jpg
    #1873 3 years ago

Just listened to midweek episode 15 and it was quite enjoyable. 30 minutes packed with content.

* Craig covered the virtual Pinball Expo and focused on some good location videos from Spain.

* Neat he uncovered the lost audio of Slash getting LALD license. I was highly concerned Sir Paul has lost it and his accent has gone to sh!+.

* Gives his impressions on surrogate_tv online pinball.

* Good dialog on a potential Harry Potter pinball.

* Lil’ Flipper reviewed GNR and she became an instant fan. She recommends the LE model and that is good enough for me. Order is in. Note - I wonder which model her daddy bought? Craig Bobbie is wise enough to understand, when Lil’ Flipper is happy, everybody’s happy. Challenge made!

edit - oh brother, now we’ll get 3 episodes of Craig wrestling with the choice of buying a GNR, having spent available funds on Avengers. Maybe he will use Lil’ Flipper’s college funds. She could always sell GNR in ten years and get most money back.

#1874 3 years ago

Guns N Roses Standard Edition Gameplay Launch Party (Jersey Jack, 2020)

#1875 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

"One must commit acts of the highest treason only when dressed in the most resplendent finery." --Grant Morrison

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing" -- Homer Simpson

#1876 3 years ago

The time is perfect to listen to the NEW Silverball Stories HorrorFest episode titled Red Rums

Silverball Stories HorrorFest: Red Rums

Silverball Stories HorrorFest pays tribute in this classic tale, but with a Bally twist. Different original horror stories featured every week in October. Follow along in this week's episode if you dare....the Grady Twins are waiting...

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-6wkbp-f04b9c

IMG_2694 (resized).JPGIMG_2694 (resized).JPG
    #1877 3 years ago

Listened to the Red Rums edition and had to giggle part way through. Shouldn’t it have been titled sRed Rum?

#1878 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Listened to the Red Rums edition and had to giggle part way through. Shouldn’t it have been titled sRed Rum?

Nah, I wanted the title to match the what the neon sign would have said. Further, there were plenty official The Shining references both King and Kubrick and I honestly liked the way Red Rums sounded, I don't know if anyone would go to the bar Red Rum. Although there is liquior, which is a sweet rum made from sugar cane, it's popular in the caribbean. So maybe there is a beach bar on some island named Red Rum, but likey no ghosts.

#1879 3 years ago
    Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

Nah, I wanted the title to match the what the neon sign would have said. Further, there were plenty official The Shining references both King and Kubrick and I honestly liked the way Red Rums sounded, I don't know if anyone would go to the bar Red Rum. Although there is liquior, which is a sweet rum made from sugar cane, it's popular in the caribbean. So maybe there is a beach bar on some island named Red Rum, but likey no ghosts.

The episode was great I thoroughly enjoyed it and it gets a mention too in tomorrow’s episode of The Pinball Show

#1880 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 35: WIN A FREE STERN PINBALL TOPPER...Even Though Den Den Disapproves

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- WIN A FREE STERN LIMITED EDITION STAR WARS TOPPER!

- JJP Guns N Roses Standard Edition Launch Party Stream

- Designer Eric Meunier Teases A New Addition To Future GNR Code

- Will Hot Rails Be In Meunier's Next Game?

- Gary Stern Says That They Got Some Catchin' Up To Do

- NEW Avengers: Infinity Quest Code

- NEW TMNT Shooter Rod

- More Elvira Toppers Coming To Flip N Out Pinball

- Haggis' Celts Is Getting Streamed This Week

- What's The Deal With Daylight Savings?! This Is What You Get

- Pinball Market Trends™️

- Deal Of The Week

- Deal Of The WTF?!

- TPN This Week

youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
    review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-pe6mz-f05e8e

F257F72C-07BB-4F65-A4E0-BA3AE68C4262 (resized).jpegF257F72C-07BB-4F65-A4E0-BA3AE68C4262 (resized).jpeg
    #1881 3 years ago

Ok who's gettin' Tatted up?!

#1882 3 years ago

I’m seriously considering it. Haha

#1883 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m seriously considering it. Haha

I know lot of tattoo artists.

I'd want a "poorly drawn" version.
    Have your youngest kid draw the faces.

#1884 3 years ago

I’m thinking the FNO logo route. But love the idea of a kid drawing it. Or I could draw it. Same thing.

#1885 3 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

Ok who's gettin' Tatted up?!

If you'd offer me a BK Topper I'd be in!

#1886 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If you'd offer me a BK Topper I'd be in!

Trade it!

#1887 3 years ago

What about toe knuckle tatts that spell Flip N Out?

#1888 3 years ago

Got a head start on the contest. Can’t wait to win a Star Wars pinball machine. Zach if you wanna pay for the tat, write check for $18.73.

48342C64-CA3A-4F0B-B8A6-95D10141083D.jpeg48342C64-CA3A-4F0B-B8A6-95D10141083D.jpeg
    #1889 3 years ago

What about a Hulk2-D2 tattoo instead?

#1890 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Jessy Jay's Pinball Adventures Ep 9: The Pinball Vampire

Gave it 10 minutes, but the audio levels are way too low. Especially the audio level of the guy combined with his low energy accent. Do these get posted without any quality control?

#1891 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Gave it 10 minutes, but the audio levels are way too low. Especially the audio level of the guy combined with his low energy accent. Do these get posted without any quality control?

tenor.giftenor.gif

#1892 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Elaborate a bit so we can fix any issues. Are you referring to the main hosts? The corespondents? Is the audio too low for everyone else?

#1893 3 years ago

Phone and car stereo at max volume and struggled to hear the guy on the podcast that was talking during the first 10 minutes. The woman was a bit louder, but still shouldn't need to max out the volume to hear effortlessly.

Edit: thought the quote picked up on what podcast message I quoted from. The Jessy podcast one.

#1894 3 years ago

No issues here. Same volume as the other shows and plenty loud.

#1895 3 years ago

Zach doesn't want my butt but I'd want a BK topper instead either.

#1896 3 years ago

I want to see the tattoo of a shirt pocket with 3" Den Den peeking out. That would be impressive!

#1897 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Episode 16: Playfield, Playfield, Who Wants A Playfield?!

Host: Craig Bobbie

Instagram: @thepinballnetwork

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-x3a4a-f0b2e3

#1898 3 years ago

Happy Halloween! The Last Episode of Silverball Stories Presents HorrorFest is live for your frighting pleasure.

In this episode we explore the question, What is reality… do we play the machines we love or do they play us.
    Find out in this Mind-Bending Tale of Silverball Stories as we present In The Mouth Of Madness.

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/silverball-stories-presents-in-the-mouth-of-madness/

SilverBall Stories HorrorFest Presents (resized).jpgSilverBall Stories HorrorFest Presents (resized).jpg
    #1899 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

The main problem is the opening music is WAY TOO LOUD, and then you adjust volume down because of that and then when you get to the speech, it's now too low because it isn't EQed well (guy has too much low end on his already bassy voice) and isn't normalized nor compressed at all. Just compressing, normalizing and EQ'ing makes a huge difference. Also, the guy is in a room that has a not-charming echo. I don't know what they're using for audio processing, but I think they just need a short tutorial on the basics of audio production and they'd be good to go.

Here's a decent primer on normalization and compression for more consistent, listenable audio:

But that won't help the echo. Get into a sound-dampened space, a closet if necessary.

#1900 3 years ago

The Plumb Episode 6: Interview w/ Artist Brad Albright

Host: Krystle Gemnich

Intro:
    - It's Fall!
    - 2020 sucks but at least there's Marc Maron
    - Thanks for the <3
    - Guns' N Roses First Impressions
    - Belles and Chimes Cola
    - PP is 4!

Brad Albright:
    - New dino print
    - His process/history
    - Starting to sell his art at shows
    - Providing the art for the custom/rethemed Led Zeppelin pinball machine
    - Scott Danesi & some car stuff
    - Coloring books
    - New pinball venues in Dallas
    - "Comfortably surviving" during the pandemic

Links:
    https://www.albrightillustration.com/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlbrightIllustration
    https://www.instagram.com/bradalbright/?hl=en

email me: [email protected]
    find me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theplumbpinball/
    Intro/Stinger song cred: Haim-Summer Girl

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-g5hng-f10d5c

The Plumb Logo (resized).jpgThe Plumb Logo (resized).jpg
    There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.