(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast Ep 21: Live Or Die - Make Your Ch

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,812 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png
    triple_drain_new_logo_sz5v26 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 7.45.45 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 97.
    #1501 3 years ago

I've never played a Hobbit where the orbits could be described as anything approaching fast. Maybe someday!

#1502 3 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:Lil' Flipper is my favorite personality in Pinball Podcasting, she needs her own show. She sounds adorable and so honest, even when bashing on Dad!
    I need her opinion on every machine in the top 100!!!

Lil Flipper tells you like it is. She is one tough customer who doesn’t like to sugar coat things when a hard take is called for.

#1503 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Lil Flipper tells you like it is. She is one tough customer who doesn’t like to sugar coat things when a hard take is called for.

Turns out all AP needed was a pin with a jingle tune...

#1504 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Hey all, I was told my name was coming up in this thread and just wanted to pop by to clear the air.
    I cleared this with AP.

Jack Danger let me just say this the two single most entertaining people in pinball are yourself and TNT Amusement. You owe no apologize to anyone just keep doing what you do, and let everyone else do what they do. Reality is I think your live streams are about the main media in pinball that actually influences people to buy or not to buy. When you watch TNT you learn more about pinball history, how they work, how to fix a game, etc. I watch you live stream every game, which is a testimony to how great of a job you do! I don't listen to podcasts, I'm only interested in someone showcasing the games features. What I really like about your live stream is you cover every manufacturer, you're not telling people to buy something, you're just having a blast playing the game. When you do what you do you give everyone else a chance to really understand what a game offers without being told to turn around and buy it. We as buyers can make up our own minds as to if we like something or not and only when you get the kind of stream you offers do you really know how you feel about a game you haven't seen in person! Kudos!

Keep up the great work!

#1505 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Jack Danger let me just say this the two single most entertaining people in pinball are yourself and TNT Amusement. You owe no apologize to anyone just keep doing what you do, and let everyone else do what they do. Reality is I think your live streams are about the main media in pinball that actually influences people to buy or not to buy. When you watch TNT you learn more about pinball history, how they work, how to fix a game, etc. I watch you live stream every game, which is a testimony to how great of a job you do! I don't listen to podcasts, I'm only interested in someone showcasing the games features. What I really like about your live stream is you cover every manufacturer, you're not telling people to buy something, you're just having a blast playing the game. When you do what you do you give everyone else a chance to really understand what a game offers without being told to turn around and buy it. We as buyers can make up our own minds as to if we like something or not and only when you get the kind of stream you offers do you really know how you feel about a game you haven't seen in person! Kudos!
    Keep up the great work!

Just when you think your thread is safe from this guy....

996C9532-7F2E-4F34-848F-DAF4C024E04F (resized).jpeg996C9532-7F2E-4F34-848F-DAF4C024E04F (resized).jpeg
    #1506 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Keep up the great work!

Damn dude sounds like you have a serious man crush on JD. Maybe you should PM him and ask him out or something? I used to watch him and subscribe to his channel but when i found out who he really is and what he’s all about i stopped. He will never get my support again.

#1507 3 years ago
    just-when-i-think-im-out-ginny-pulls-me-back-in (resized).jpgjust-when-i-think-im-out-ginny-pulls-me-back-in (resized).jpg
    #1508 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I don't listen to podcasts,

Great thread choice.

#1509 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Just when you think your thread is safe from this guy....

Zach chill out man and just watch Jack live streams and re-watch Kaneda acceptance speech! It's all good brother! I'm just expressing an opinion it wasn't a cheap shot at you... what is wrong with stating the obvious that a lot of people love Jack Dangers live streams. He streams every game, he's entertaining, and he does everything unbiased. Clearly he works closely with Stern but I never get that feeling when he's doing something with JJP or any pinball game.

Whether you want to believe this OR NOT let me just state my opinion that if I'm on the fence about a game I turn to Jack Dangers live stream to decide if I want to buy a game. In fact you should advertise on his live stream any pinball dist should. I've also watched Buffalo Pinball they do an amazing job as well.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Damn dude sounds like you have a serious man crush on JD.

LOL. Just giving props where they're due. I also like TNT they do an amazing job!

#1510 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I turn to Jack Dangers live stream to decide if I want to buy a game. In fact you should advertise on his live stream any pinball dist should.

65ODCwM00NVmEyLsX3.gif65ODCwM00NVmEyLsX3.gif
    #1511 3 years ago

I honestly do think he should advertise on Dangers show that is just a smart move for someone trying to sell pinball games and toppers. Jack's got the biggest audience by far, then maybe Buffalo Pinball, Kaneda would be up there top three I'm guessing. Don't want to leave out Pinside, actually they're probably the single biggest audience. Anyone trying to sell pinball games should advertise with those four companies without a doubt. Why wouldn't you promote your pinball company on those powerhouse outlets? Just smart business!

And just to clarify, I don't decide to buy a game because of Jacks show, if I like the theme you had me at hello! LOL. With that being said if I'm on the fence and you see his livestream that could push you over the edge to buy or not buy. Jack makes all the streams a lot of fun, he gets the people who coded the games to explain the rules, he's clearly someone who's an influencer when it comes to buying pinball.

Jack can do all this because he's based in Chicago he has access to all the designers. No one can touch that unless they head out to Chicago. It goes without saying honestly.

#1512 3 years ago

SOCLOSE. Edit that and re-upload with "PDF/GIF" selected in the dropdown menu in the picture area and you won't lose the animation of that classic Big Brother spittake.

#1513 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I used to watch him and subscribe to his channel but when i found out who he really is and what he’s all about i stopped. He will never get my support again.

Care to elaborate for those who don't frequent here that often? Maybe a cliff notes version.

#1514 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

SOCLOSE. Edit that and re-upload with "PDF/GIF" selected in the dropdown menu in the picture area and you won't lose the animation of that classic Big Brother spittake.

kidchrisso may live in a nice crib, but his posting abilities have always been suspect.

60A7F171-122D-4615-8ED6-3C5C35320937.gif60A7F171-122D-4615-8ED6-3C5C35320937.gif

#1515 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

kidchrisso may live in a nice crib, but his posting abilities have always been suspect.

Oh give him a break he's just tanning on the ISLAND! LOL

No doubt very impressive collection! I've seen first hand very very very nice!

#1516 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Care to elaborate for those who don't frequent here that often? Maybe a cliff notes version.

No not really. Theres a lot of things he believes in that goes against my personal beliefs and I will leave it at that.

#1517 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

No not really. Theres a lot of things he believes in that goes against my personal beliefs and I will leave it at that.

How dare you have personal opinions that you choose to keep to yourself! If you're gonna dare to say that you don't care for a public figure, then you damn well better be prepared to engage drama-factor 5 and lay out all your reasons! Otherwise the downvote police will get you.

Here, I'll upvote to balance out your score, now you're back to black. But consider this a warning!

#1518 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I honestly do think he should advertise on Dangers show that is just a smart move for someone trying to sell pinball games and toppers. Jack's got the biggest audience by far, then maybe Buffalo Pinball, Kaneda would be up there top three I'm guessing. Don't want to leave out Pinside, actually they're probably the single biggest audience. Anyone trying to sell pinball games should advertise with those four companies without a doubt. Why wouldn't you promote your pinball company on those powerhouse outlets? Just smart business!
    And just to clarify, I don't decide to buy a game because of Jacks show, if I like the theme you had me at hello! LOL. With that being said if I'm on the fence and you see his livestream that could push you over the edge to buy or not buy. Jack makes all the streams a lot of fun, he gets the people who coded the games to explain the rules, he's clearly someone who's an influencer when it comes to buying pinball.
    Jack can do all this because he's based in Chicago he has access to all the designers. No one can touch that unless they head out to Chicago. It goes without saying honestly.

While I completely agree that having a distro associated with a successful streamer makes good sense, it's definitely not gonna happen on Jack's stream. But that's one of the reasons why there is the Flip N Out streaming channel. Synergy. Plus, it's just good fun.

#1519 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Better bitch! Ha, jk....

#1520 3 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Better bitch! Ha, jk....

Can everyone just stop 'bitching' can't we just all GET ALONG? LOL

#1521 3 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Better bitch! Ha, jk....

booger.gifbooger.gif
    #1522 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Zach chill out man and just watch Jack live streams and re-watch Kaneda acceptance speech! It's all good brother! I'm just expressing an opinion it wasn't a cheap shot at you... what is wrong with stating the obvious that a lot of people love Jack Dangers live streams. He streams every game, he's entertaining, and he does everything unbiased. Clearly he works closely with Stern but I never get that feeling when he's doing something with JJP or any pinball game.
    Whether you want to believe this OR NOT let me just state my opinion that if I'm on the fence about a game I turn to Jack Dangers live stream to decide if I want to buy a game. In fact you should advertise on his live stream any pinball dist should. I've also watched Buffalo Pinball they do an amazing job as well.

LOL. Just giving props where they're due. I also like TNT they do an amazing job!

LOL, this was 100% a "passive-aggressive" slap at Zach Meny!

You don't strike me as the kind of guy that listens to ANYBODY'S opinion other than your own, how can you when you are busy typing out novel like posts on everything you know about amusements and pinball, and kissing JD's ass is kind of funny don't you think?

#1523 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Then why even bother posting the comments in the first place? Just keep it to yourself to begin with instead of posting.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

How dare you have personal opinions that you choose to keep to yourself! If you're gonna dare to say that you don't care for a public figure, then you damn well better be prepared to engage drama-factor 5 and lay out all your reasons!

Personal opinions are fine but just like for sale ads once you post it on the forum it's open for discussion. If you choose to keep the reasons to yourself then why bother making the initial comment in the first place.

#1524 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You don't strike me as the kind of guy that listens to ANYBODY'S opinion other than your own, how can you when you are busy typing out novel like posts on everything you know about amusements and pinball, and kissing JD's ass is kind of funny don't you think?

Are you back on the bottle? Seriously, what is wrong with giving someone a compliment, now that is kissing ass? Am I just dreaming here or does JD have the largest following in the pinball community for streaming pinball? I guess I just dreamt that up! Last I checked he also won the TWIPY and I think Kaneda won the twipy for podcast, so obviously they have the biggest followings for their respective media. That isn't kissing ass that is pointing out a fact.

Despite that fact JD can have the biggest following but that doesn't mean you have to like him. I just happen to love his streams that isn't kissing ass.

#1525 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Are you back on the bottle? Seriously, what is wrong with giving someone a compliment, now that is kissing ass? Am I just dreaming here or does JD have the largest following in the pinball community for streaming pinball? I guess I just dreamt that up! Last I checked he also won the TWIPY and I think Kaneda won the twipy for podcast, so obviously they have the biggest followings for their respective media. That isn't kissing ass that is pointing out a fact.
    Despite that fact JD can have the biggest following but that doesn't mean you have to like him. I just happen to love his streams that isn't kissing ass.

I think the biggest issue is that you are in the TPN thread, not the DeadFlip thread. Stay on topic.

#1526 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Ok you can take your knee pads off now. LOL

Everybody here knows what's up brother. Don't you get that?

We don't need YOU to tell us who did this or that.

Lmk what JD says to buy next and I'll make sure i put it on my list. Lol

I do like his streams but you'd have to be a total idiot to buy a game based on somebody's else's opinion solely.

Remember, it's called "passive/aggressive" Good job

#1527 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I also believe SDTM won two TWIPYs in their respective media. So I’d say say Zach is right on coarse.
    Are you not also a distributor? Not certain why your not advertising on JD stream? Are you upset with Zach because he sells pins as well? Is that where this bitterness is coming from? Are you trying to gain a competitive edge by degrading the competition?

#1528 3 years ago

Ahhh, everytime I think the TPN thread is back on track, then someone goes and ruins it....

tpn-thread-getting-too-peaceful-tpn-thread-staying-on-topic-time-to-light-a-match (resized).jpgtpn-thread-getting-too-peaceful-tpn-thread-staying-on-topic-time-to-light-a-match (resized).jpg
    #1529 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Are you back on the bottle?

Talk aboot making shit up...when the hell would Iceman ever get off the bottle?!? Blasphemy...Slander...libel!!!

#1530 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Ok you can take your knee pads off now. LOL
    Everybody here knows what's up brother. Don't you get that?
    We don't need YOU to tell us who did this or that.
    Lmk what JD says to buy next and I'll make sure i put it on my list. Lol
    I do like his streams but you'd have to be a total idiot to buy a game based on somebody's else's opinion solely.
    Remember, it's called "passive/aggressive" Good job

Dude everytime DrFrightner opens his mouth poop rolls out of it. Everyone on Pinside knows that. People figured him out faster than any other pinsider in history. The dude has zero credibility at all and I bet even JD doesn't want to be associated with him.

Stern seriously should make a DrFrightner pinball machine and have a Drfrightner head like a Rudy head that just talks shit constantly and everytime you bash it he opens his mouth and turds fall out onto the playfield.

Ok, waiting for his mile long response he is going to give me.........

#1531 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Ahhh, everytime I think the TPN thread is back on track, then someone goes and ruins it....
    [quoted image]

omg..that is the funniest thing I have read all week!!!

#1532 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I also believe SDTM won two TWIPYs in their respective media. So I’d say say Zach is right on coarse.
    Are you not also a distributor? Not certain why your not advertising on JD stream? Are you upset with Zach because he sells pins as well? Is that where this bitterness is coming from? Are you trying to gain a competitive edge by degrading the competition?

Don’t engage the doctor or we’ll get 10 more posts with 15 paragraphs of word salad each.

#1533 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dude everytime DrFrightner opens his mouth poop rolls out of it. Everyone on Pinside knows that. People figured him out faster than any other pinsider in history. The dude has zero credibility at all and I bet even JD doesn't want to be associated with him.
    Stern seriously should make a DrFrightner pinball machine and have a Drfrightner head like a Rudy head that just talks shit constantly and everytime you bash it he opens his mouth and turds fall out onto the playfield.
    Ok, waiting for his mile long response he is going to give me.........

Even Kaneda had to shut him down. Lol

The frightener is reaching out for any lifeline.

Maybe JD is it?

Isn’t this the Summer of Love?

#1534 3 years ago

I've been moderated before for saying things like this, but I don't see a damn word he writes! Try it, you'll like it!

#1535 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Even Kaneda had to shut him down. Lol
    The frightener is reaching out for any lifeline.
    Maybe JD is it?
    Isn’t this the Summer of Love?

This the summer of love but theres no lifeline for this clown at all I wouldn't think. Maybe Zach and Bone will feel sorry for him and take him in? They could stick Drfrightner in the middle of them in that Hot Wheels video they made where they were driving that car.

#1536 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've been moderated before for saying things like this, but I don't see a damn word he writes! Try it, you'll like it!

Don't feel special because NOBODY reads what he writes! Lol

#1537 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Y'all keep going into a tizzy everytime he kicks the anthill, of course he's not going away...

#1538 3 years ago

RE: TPS #19:

Spinner hits counting down to complete a mode? Check out Heist! Safecracker mode uses the spinner just like the dial on a safe. Spin it right x times, spin it left y times, and spin it right z times. Also, hacker mode uses a simpler spin count to 'enter the password' before transitioning to the file download phase of the mode.

Pop hits counting down to complete a mode? Check out Heist! Demolition man mode uses the pop bumper to count down the bomb's fuse/timer to achieve 'kaboom'!

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#1539 3 years ago

RBION is the first one I thought of with Spinner to complete...I'm sure there are plenty.

I did somewhat disagree with the idea that focusing on one thing like a spinner in a modern game isn't fun or interesting. We had some folks that found the spinner very lucrative in early GOT code and had a great time playing that way. Kind of went away with updates sadly.

#1540 3 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

Spinner hits counting down to complete a mode? Check out Heist! Safecracker mode uses the spinner just like the dial on a safe. Spin it right x times, spin it left y times, and spin it right z times. Also, hacker mode uses a simpler spin count to 'enter the password' before transitioning to the file download phase of the mode.
    Pop hits counting down to complete a mode? Check out Heist! Demolition man mode uses the pop bumper to count down the bomb's fuse/timer to achieve 'kaboom'!
    - Gerry

Can’t wait to get my hands on Heist!

#1541 3 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

- Gerry

When’s the next heist stream?!

#1542 3 years ago

We love that pinball media is becoming more creative and entertaining!

Silverball Stories Ep 4: The Pindersons

Host: Joshuah Jacobs

Guest Appearances: Mrs. Jacobs, Dennis Kriesel, Greg Bone, & Zach Meny

NOW SHOWING: 80s-90s pinball sitcom The Pindersons

In this episode of Silverball Stories, creator Josh illustrates the story of buying a preowned pinball machine during a pandemic

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-6rmcg-e0fa9e

D8BB17D9-5235-4834-BBD3-45F7E8F4AEBE (resized).jpegD8BB17D9-5235-4834-BBD3-45F7E8F4AEBE (resized).jpeg
    #1543 3 years ago

Hey @zmeny, listened to your Monday TPN podcast about issues you had with the search feature on the Pinball Promoters Database on This Week in Pinball's website - you were right, the default search query was not ideal, especially when searching for more common words like "The" "Pinball" "Show".

In the future if you find something that isn't working right on TWIP or you think is problematic, feel free to reach out to me directly instead of publicly complaining about it on one of your podcasts where I may not hear it! Or at least give me a heads up after you air it so I know about the issue and can address it.

Anyway, we have fixed that problem in test. It should be moved to production tonight and be working perfectly tomorrow!

#1544 3 years ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

When’s the next heist stream?!

Looks like the first week or two in July.

We'll be livestreaming 4-player CCR head-to-head tonight on Multimorphic's twitch channel!

- Gerry

#1545 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

...feel free to reach out to me directly instead of publicly complaining about it on one of your podcasts...

Man gotta get everything cleared these days before talking aboot it or showing a video

#1546 3 years ago

Den Den's Dungeon had me in stitches

#1547 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Man gotta get everything cleared these days before talking aboot it or showing a video

Haha no need to "clear" anything, just asking Zach to contact me directly with issues as it is way easier than working through public subtle jabs from him which gets tiring. I get emails saying the search on TWIP is bias against TPN after people hear him on the podcast. It was the default search, and we've made it better because of his good feedback. Just reach out to me directly! I've asked Zach like a dozen times privately to do this. Going public with everything just creates unnecessary drama and it is exhausting.

The divisive nature of the pinball "media" is just embarrassing for the hobby right now for everyone.

<steps off soapbox>

#1548 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

...I get emails saying the search on TWIP is bias against TPN after people hear him on the podcast...

Fucking groupies am I right?

#1549 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Fucking groupies am I right?

ebd98390e52abf251440e2145cf42412d974766d.gifebd98390e52abf251440e2145cf42412d974766d.gif
    #1550 3 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

[quoted image]

The official .gif of the TPN thread (TM)...

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/31?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.