(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 97.
    #1451 3 years ago
    Quoted from pickleric:

I guess you know what they say, this isn't Kansas anymore.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Loving the show tunes. Puppet Palz is the mop of pinball. Maybe TPN can sign Puppet Palz to a million dollar / ten-year contract, after they hire Alvin Jones of course. It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Zach says I can't do any voices except the one I lucked into. I wish I had the talent of a mop but I do not.

I swept my kitchen floor yesterday after listening to Puppet Palz. I imagined creating a character called "Broomy". He'd have a bristly personality and love all the oddball themes, like Godfather 3.

But then I realized I was just copying the more talented Moppy and I went back to sweeping.

#1452 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

this shit is one of the weirdest most "create the drama for clicks" things I have seen in pinball.
    Seems like Zack is taking his tips from Kaneda on how to become the Star.
    Seems like Jack and Zack have this whole WWE type false rivalry going.
    All very TZ type shit.
    Up next "BatBoy is real, and he plays pinball, but not the ones you expect"

Step 1: have a pinball company request you create a video for a relaunch of a game

Step 2: release video

Step 3: Streamer gets mad and tells company to have the video removed

Step 4: answer questions as to why it was removed

Step 5: point out inconsistencies in streamers statement that make no sense

Step 6: profit off those sweet, sweet, sweet clicks

I’m curious how anyone with sense could think JD’s statement makes logical sense. 3 parties were aware of launch plans. 2 parties either didn’t watch the video or made it. A 3rd claims he wasn’t mad and didn’t say anything. So why would the ignorant party frantically request removal?

Why is someone defending themselves from gaslighting “drama”?

Want some drama?

Jack Danger white washed a black character in Rick and Morty with his voice acting. The black mailman in rick and Morty pinball is voiced by Jack Danger. On the show it’s by voice actor Brandon Johnson. I wonder if Brandon knows?

He has been the only streamer to reveal a game that wasn’t buffalo (to my knowledge). He has gone after and banned multiple streamers from his discord and twitch after feeling threatened. Hell, this morning he posted “pinside says I’m trash- so you know we made it” and deleted it within 2 minutes. The dude can’t get enough.

He claims to be friends/friendly with Jefeee Star- a person that openly admitted to saying racist, sexist and ableist things just to get a rise out of people. Doesn’t seem to hinder his relationship there, strangely.

He claims to be aggressively focused on diversity initiatives. It seems to me like he weaponizes actual social issues against people he doesn’t like or that threaten him.

It seems to be a big show of performative allyship.

#1453 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisK:

Zach says I can't do any voices except the one I lucked into. I wish I had the talent of a mop but I do not.
    I swept my kitchen floor yesterday after listening to Puppet Palz. I imagined creating a character called "Broomy". He'd have a bristly personality and love all the oddball themes, like Godfather 3.
    But then I realized I was just copying the more talented Moppy and I went back to sweeping.

To your credit Dennis I find your ads for the Roanoke Pinball Museum at the beginning of each Eclectic Gamers Podcast episode to be highly entertaining, strange voices and all. Well done, sir!

#1454 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ace8Track:

I wonder if Macho will make an appearance on the PuppetPalz Show? I bet that could happen very easily

MACHO IS 110% PRO PUPPET! IT’S TIME WE SPOTLIGHT THEIR EFFORTS MORE IN THE COMMUNITY, BABY!

#1455 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

listen to the whole episode, then make your decision, trust me.

Yes, don't miss the end where they mock Kaneda and pretend he sent them a letter. I was actually enjoying the show up until that part.

#1456 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Yes, don't miss the end where they mock Kaneda and pretend he sent them a letter. I was actually enjoying the show up until that part.

Well, there are a lot of pinball guys with small New York City apartments. Not sure what size his apartment is, but CrazyLevi lives in NYC. So I mean, he wasn't necessarily talking about the K-man.

#1457 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Seriously? If you listen to Chris' show like I do, this is mild compared to some of the stuff he says about others, especially Zach. It's all in good fun, but the notion that Chris is exempt from a little playful jab is pretty silly.

#1458 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, there are a lot of pinball guys with small New York City apartments. Not sure what size his apartment is, but CrazyLevi lives in NYC.

They didn't mention a la-z-boy so it couldn't have been him.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Seriously? If you listen to Chris' show like I do, this is mild compared to some of the stuff he says about others, especially Zach. It's all in good fun, but the notion that Chris is exempt from a little playful jab is pretty silly.

Chris is not exempt and my favorite shows are the Pinside babies when he goes off on people. I just thought it was unoriginal and would rather just see them put on their big puppet pants and call him out.

#1459 3 years ago

I thought puppet palz was pretty good. I put a very positive comment on their Facebook page and it got removed. What's up wit dat???

#1460 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I put a very positive comment on their Facebook page and it got removed. What's up wit dat???

Obviously "some other podcaster" complained and had it taken down

#1461 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I tried listening to Puppet Palz...I really tried.

You're more man than me. I ain't even gonna try because of two key words I've seen: puppets and showtunes

#1462 3 years ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

Want some drama?

Jack Danger white washed a black character in Rick and Morty with his voice acting. The black mailman in rick and Morty pinball is voiced by Jack Danger. On the show it’s by voice actor Brandon Johnson. I wonder if Brandon knows?

He claims to be friends/friendly with Jefeee Star- a person that openly admitted to saying racist, sexist and ableist things just to get a rise out of people. Doesn’t seem to hinder his relationship there, strangely.

#1463 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Not sure what you mean, pal. Our #1 fan didn't sign their name. No idea who they are! Sorry we didn't keep your interest This is all so new for us. Hope you listen to Episode 2 when it releases.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I thought puppet palz was pretty good. I put a very positive comment on their Facebook page and it got removed. What's up wit dat???

Awww shucks! We didn't see anything on our page. We have 14 likes and are OVER THE MOOOOON! Thank you for your love and support, pal!

#1464 3 years ago

I’m curious how anyone with sense could think JD’s statement makes logical sense.

I'm curious why you're investing so much time and effort keeping track of him. Reading this drama as a completely unaffiliated third party, some of y'all are getting really weird with this streaming shit. I suspect lack of pinball due to closed locations might be a cause..

#1465 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I'm curious why you're investing so much time and effort keeping track of him. Reading this drama as a completely unaffiliated third party, some of y'all are getting really weird with this streaming shit. I suspect lack of pinball due to closed locations might be a cause..

Jack just went on an hour long podcast regarding diversity initiatives in pinball. I listened to it. This is directly pertinent to his own self stated mission in pinball.

Sorry if that upsets you. I enjoy his content and hope he continues to do well. He must agree or he wouldn’t have acknowledge the issues or apologized for it.

And you’re right- I did spend too much time on it.

#1466 3 years ago

When it comes to Muppet Palz you are either a Kristin Bell or a Mila Kunis.

#1467 3 years ago

Sorry if that upsets you.

It probably does't upset him, maybe he just thinks it's weird as shit.

Sorry I'm not trying to speak for him....I mean I think it's weird as shit; but hey that's pinball.
    If it isn't podcasters getting pissy aboot shit talking and unboxing scoops, it would be non poscasters shit talking and snaking games from each other.
    Same shit diff'rent day.

#1468 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

When it comes to Muppet Palz you are either a Kristin Bell or a Mila Kunis.

I'm definitely Team Kristen Bell

#1469 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm definitely Team Kristen Bell

But she was not a fan of muppet theater if you get my obscure movie reference.

#1470 3 years ago

Step 1: have a pinball company request you create a video for a relaunch of a game
    Step 2: release video
    Step 3: Streamer gets mad and tells company to have the video removed
    Step 4: answer questions as to why it was removed
    Step 5: point out inconsistencies in streamers statement that make no sense
    Step 6: profit off those sweet, sweet, sweet clicks
    I’m curious how anyone with sense could think JD’s statement makes logical sense. 3 parties were aware of launch plans. 2 parties either didn’t watch the video or made it. A 3rd claims he wasn’t mad and didn’t say anything. So why would the ignorant party frantically request removal?
    Why is someone defending themselves from gaslighting “drama”?
    Want some drama?
    He has been the only streamer to reveal a game that wasn’t buffalo (to my knowledge). He has gone after and banned multiple streamers from his discord and twitch after feeling threatened. Hell, this morning he posted “pinside says I’m trash- so you know we made it” and deleted it within 2 minutes. The dude can’t get enough.
    He claims to be aggressively focused on diversity initiatives. It seems to me like he weaponizes actual social issues against people he doesn’t like or that threaten him.
    It seems to be a big show of performative allyship.

have you met Jack? From my point of view he is the most unbiased and inclusive person that I've ever met. A role model that more of us could do with learning from, including myself, he is human so probably not perfect but are any of us? I genuinely wish I was as unbiased and positive thinking as Jack. I've subscribed to his channel for sometime but I only really tune in occasionally as I'm in the UK but I met him after he helped my wife out of the blue on a pinball thing on twitter. I've seen him at many events (not all within the pinball community) where he works his ass off both as an ambassador for pinball and an ambassador for streaming.

I read this post above and its so so negative - its the very thing that has ruined so many other hobbies that I've been in and I mean who uses the words like "gaslighting"; "threatened"; "weaponizes"; "performative"; - on a forum about a hobby that's supposed to bring people together to get a better score on an electronic toy box of magic; and doing it whilst only calling out the most desperate of examples about someone who has done more than anyone in pinball to bring people of all backgrounds into the activity we all love across the world?

Search for those words in pinside above and tell me if any good ever comes out of their use; and yes its a small enough number that you can read all of the posts, and some of them only bring this thread up.

Regards,
    Neil.

#1471 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

Team Mila all the way. And that is one of the best comedies of all time.

#1472 3 years ago

Listened to Puppet Palz today and I haven’t laughed that much during a podcast in a long time. That show is genius!

#1473 3 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

have you met Jack? From my point of view he is the most unbiased and inclusive person that I've ever met. A role model that more of us could do with learning from, including myself, he is human so probably not perfect but are any of us? I genuinely wish I was as unbiased and positive thinking as Jack. I've subscribed to his channel for sometime but I only really tune in occasionally as I'm in the UK but I met him after he helped my wife out of the blue on a pinball thing on twitter. I've seen him at many events (not all within the pinball community) where he works his ass off both as an ambassador for pinball and an ambassador for streaming.
    I read this post above and its so so negative - its the very thing that has ruined so many other hobbies that I've been in and I mean who uses the words like "gaslighting"; "threatened"; "weaponizes"; "performative"; - on a forum about a hobby that's supposed to bring people together to get a better score on an electronic toy box of magic; and doing it whilst only calling out the most desperate of examples about someone who has done more than anyone in pinball to bring people of all backgrounds into the activity we all love across the world?
    Search for those words in pinside above and tell me if any good ever comes out of their use; and yes its a small enough number that you can read all of the posts, and some of them only bring this thread up.
    Regards,
    Neil.

Jack champions himself as a leader of diversity and inclusion. He uses those words. He was just on an hour long public forum on a podcast regarding this topic and they’re words he uses regularly.

I have met Jack. He is very nice and I enjoy his content. I still do. I’ve subbed his channel and donated

He was grateful for the discussion and stated so. I don’t know why you’re so mad about it though. I’m hoping it allows him to understand everyone makes mistakes and he can move forward to make our hobby even better. You seem to disagree with his assessment that he was wrong and something needed to change.

He wanted “uncomfortable discussions”. He said so himself. Here’s one.

#1474 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

True, but she is one of my celebrity crushes, so she get's a pass! Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

#1475 3 years ago

I’m enjoying all the content on TPN - lots of different views and opinions on the hobby

#1476 3 years ago

He has been the only streamer to reveal a game that wasn’t buffalo

@christhepintern I'll have you know that through sheer dumb luck and being at the right place at the right time I revealed Houdini

I'll accept an apology for this oversight in the form of another beer next time we cross paths

#1477 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Smart of him, not so smart of Stern. If I was Stern, I would probably not want him to stream-premiere competitor's games.

Noooooo. The opposite. I see several statements like this here. Also that AP should not use the "Stern guy". I don't get it.

Hugh value for Stern to have a media outlet like DP. Friend of the house. But not living in the house. Freelance.

And even so, DP is currently best collab for AP, SP,... as well. Good reach. Good publicity.

And why would Jack stay with one company? Other than a) a substantial paycheck, or b) the position in the company will have him doing additional different work than what he does with Deadflip. Which he happens to be interested in.

Jack is obviously close with Stern and has a substantial cut of his broadcasts being contemporary Stern titles. But I see no problem with integrety, staying natural or anything like that on his behalf. Non at all. You know, his broadcasts are not really to critic the games. Neither to analyse the companies, the competition, the strength of the games sale and public play or stuff like that. It is just the Jack-show.

#1478 3 years ago

For drama I rate this as average but for real drama , I don't think you can beat Robin droping in and booting Whitey off pinside for good , last night . Now that was entertaining .

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce-4

#1479 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

For drama I rate this as average but for real drama , I don't think you can beat Robin droping in and booting Whitey off inside for good , last night . Now that was entertaining

Oh, you must be talking about Whitney.

#1480 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Oh, you must be talking about Whitney.

Ha Ha , He hated that , but he can't say shit about it now

#1481 3 years ago

I have to say, I highly recommend that everyone listen to the latest episode of Kaneda's podcast that dropped this morning. And that's not something that I usually say.

While I don't agree with everything that Chris says in the episode, I 100% agree with his call for the feud between Jack and Zach to end. He actually makes some very good points, and regardless of who's at fault or who is more to blame, it really does need to stop. The in-fighting is getting to the point where it's hurting the hobby. It's affecting business/professional relationships, it's dividing the community, it's frankly embarrassing, and I think the feud is causing people to say things that are out of character or that they'll regret later. I know I've gotten caught up and said one or two things that I wish I could take back.

Jack and Zach don't have to be best pals, but it would be great if they could both keep things professional and respectful. The pinball hobby is big enough for both of them to exist, and they both have their talents. I suggest that we all leave the old drama in the past, forget about who did what, and just try to move forward. Let's leave the past in the past.

Who'da thunk that Kaneda would actually be an inspiring peacemaker! I genuinely applaud his efforts in this latest podcast.

#1482 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

For drama I rate this as average but for real drama , I don't think you can beat Robin droping in and booting Whitey off inside for good , last night . Now that was entertaining .
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce-4

A classic for sure!!

#1483 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

A classic for sure!!

Edited

#1484 3 years ago

#1485 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

You're more man than me. I ain't even gonna try because of two key words I've seen: puppets and showtunes

I tried again. I just can’t get through it.

#1486 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

it's frankly embarrassing

Mostly this. I've heard of "big fish in a small pond" but this is like two guppies fighting over a coffee mug.

#1487 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

It's affecting business/professional relationships....

LOL

#1488 3 years ago

I’m on a long road trip for vacation and decided to listen to the first episode of Puppet Palz. Just my personal opinion but a very very hard pass for me. I can appreciate trying something new but I won’t be listening again.

#1489 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I tried again. I just can’t get through it.

Too each their own. I get how some folks aren't keen on it.

#1490 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 10: Keith Elwin's Game #3 Revealed! (aka clickbait)
    Join hosts Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis for this milestone episode
    - The week that was, including Martin's gameplay tips
    - KEITH ELWIN'S GAME #3 REVEALED
    - Discussion of the new game and more with a special insider
    - Topper Talk
    - Sponsor Of The Week #1: ULEKstore
    - The announcement of the biggest tourney EVER (on this show)
    - Sponsor Of The Week #2 (double digit show, double sponsors): Pinball Etiquette
    - Plus, recorded just recently a special tribute to the late Steve Epstein
    listen here: thepinballnetwork.net
    email: [email protected]
    Instagram: @finalroundpinball
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4dpma-e03bfd
    [quoted image]

Finally got the chance to listen to the latest episode of Final Round. What a good interview with Keith Elwin. It was great to hear his thoughts on pinball design, his own games, and pinball in general. Keith doesn't do that many interviews, so I thought it was a great listen. Nice job Jeff and Martin!

#1491 3 years ago

I enjoy Craig Bobby a lot and appreciate the podcasts he puts out. Thanks Craig!

#1492 3 years ago
    Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I enjoy Craig Bobby a lot and appreciate the podcasts he puts out. Thanks Craig!

Agree . I think he's doing a great job and really like what he's doing .
    I can't believe he's almost 50 , he sounds like he's 14 .

#1493 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 19: Dennis Is Fired Up & Zach Is Trending Down

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

- Father's Day Love

- Final Round Interview w/ Keith Elwin Discussion

- Industry News Updates

- Pinball Spinners and Ripping Them In 2020

- Does Anyone Give A Shit About Pop Bumpers?

- JJP Next Game Update

- Spooky Rick & Morty Code Update, Unboxing, and Ownership

- Kriesel Does Not Approve of Certain Pinside Threads and of Zach Singing

- Pinball Market Trends

- Deals Of The Week

- Viewer Deal Of The Week

- The Pinball Show MVP: Stern Spider-Man

- Tribute To The 4-Inch Kriesel Clone

fb: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-pkjrg-e0b266

5F3EEE14-89FF-4B0B-9348-B74E8007C6E1 (resized).jpeg5F3EEE14-89FF-4B0B-9348-B74E8007C6E1 (resized).jpeg
    #1494 3 years ago

Dragonfist correct

Edit: for some reason this is the hardest spinner for me to hit on Classic Sterns and I have no idea why.

#1495 3 years ago

Zach- you forgot best spinner and point scoring/mode advancement in pinball..Hobbit and Erebor, one of the requirements for wizard modes. And those orbits are smooth!

#1496 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Ep 19: Dennis Is Fired Up & Zach Is Trending Down
    Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny
    - Father's Day Love
    - Final Round Interview w/ Keith Elwin Discussion
    - Industry News Updates
    - Pinball Spinners and Ripping Them In 2020
    - Does Anyone Give A Shit About Pop Bumpers?
    - JJP Next Game Update
    - Spooky Rick & Morty Code Update, Unboxing, and Ownership
    - Kriesel Does Not Approve of Certain Pinside Threads and of Zach Singing
    - Pinball Market Trends
    - Deals Of The Week
    - Viewer Deal Of The Week
    - The Pinball Show MVP: Stern Spider-Man
    - Tribute To The 4-Inch Kriesel Clone
    fb: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-pkjrg-e0b266
    [quoted image]

Good episode gentlemen. I'm really enjoying the Pinball MVP segment. And I think the world needs a life-size 4-Inch Kriesel Clone bobblehead. I'd buy at least two, so that I can have a tiny Den Den on my desk and one for my car. What could be better than a miniature Kriesel bobbing up and down while you work or drive? Let's make that happen!

Also, shoutout to all the new streaming channels that have joined TPN, but I'm especially pumped that Fliptronic has joined the network. I've been enjoying their streams for the last few weeks now. They're a good team, they manage not to be obnoxious or annoying, they play a lot of interesting or lesser-seen games (such as D&D and JM), they pay attention to their chat, and they're located in my old stomping grounds of Austin, TX. So I can't recommend them enough. Plus, I think Becca's pretty cute, but then again I have a soft spot for redheads. Great add!

#1497 3 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

Zach- you forgot best spinner and point scoring/mode advancement in pinball..Hobbit and Erebor, one of the requirements for wizard modes. And those orbits are smooth!

I’ve never seen a ball go through those orbits quickly. They are too far down the flipper to really rip them. You need the spinner shot to be further up the flipper to really rip it.

#1498 3 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

I agree they are butter and I like that they progress that map. Augustus is like that on Wonka but one good rip and that achievement is met

#1499 3 years ago

Lil' Flipper is my favorite personality in Pinball Podcasting, she needs her own show. She sounds adorable and so honest, even when bashing on Dad!

I need her opinion on every machine in the top 100!!!

#1500 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve never seen a ball go through those orbits quickly. They are too far down the flipper to really rip them. You need the spinner shot to be further up the flipper to really rip it.

Really? My right orbit is fast, returns to left flipper pretty quickly

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/30?hl=jaeg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.