(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast Ep 21: Live Or Die - Make Your Ch

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,812 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png
    triple_drain_new_logo_sz5v26 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 7.45.45 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 97.
    #1351 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I think JD is a pretty garbage person these days for how he's been treating people (particularly Zach & Co).

I couldn't agree more! I have lost all respect for JD, I won't watch any of his streams anymore, he is being a complete DB! Not sure why he hates Zach so much, Zach has been completely professional in all this. More so than I would be!

#1352 3 years ago

This week on Pinball Market Trends TRENDING DOWN is Pinball Drama.

#1353 3 years ago

With all this drama, you'd think I'd be interested in listening to each weekly podcast.

#1354 3 years ago
    Quoted from eharan:

I couldn't agree more! I have lost all respect for JD, I won't watch any of his streams anymore, he is being a complete DB! Not sure why he hates Zach so much, Zach has been completely professional in all this. More so than I would be!

Listen, that wasn't my proudest wording. I was pretty fired up, and that was truly how I was feeling at the time. Really I just wish that everyone would get along and act professionally both publicly and behind-the-scenes.

Quoted from yancy:

Sigh, it was bound to go down this road no matter how diplomatically Jack worded it.

What road is that? Jack did word his statement very well, but that statement doesn't necessarily match Jack's previous actions and statements.

Because reading Jack's statement on the previous page, he is making it sound like all he wants is a professional and respectful relationship with Zach and TPN, and everyone else. In my post, I just asked Jack to confirm that really is his goal. Doesn't seem like a crazy thing to ask him, so not sure why I got so many downvotes. And look, I'd love for JD to be an entirely positive force in pinball. The problem is...his previous postings on FB seem to, at least at times, run counter to that. The very public posts are still up for all the world to see. So you don't have to take my word for it, and you can make your own judgements.

https://www.facebook.com/DeadFlip/posts/1570129899801490

and

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballenthusiasts/permalink/3276354965730741/

You might have to join The Pinball Enthusiasts FB group to see the second incident, but I recommend joining because it's very enlightening reading. You can see Mr. Positivity himself, Jack Danger, write some pretty unpleasant stuff to Zach and FNO, and you can even see Jack arguing with Zach's wife Nicole. Classy stuff for a pinball ambassador. Especially for the launch day of TMNT, a product that both FNO and JD are supposed to be promoting.

When reviewing both those FB threads, also do bear in mind that TPN always has had the goal of having lots of women and people of color on the network. And history is showing that progress is being made towards both of those goals. And when reading the second thread, don't miss the post where John from Jackbar publicly declares that he never wanted Zach or Nicole, or FNO, to be publicly attacked, or have their business damaged.

So I mean based on those two incidents, I question the sincerity of Jack's statement. But I am more than willing to give Jack the benefit of the doubt, and I truly hope that JD wants to conduct himself in an honest and respectful manner. Because as I've said many times, this bitterness and arguing and drama sucks balls! I miss the days when all the pinball media people got along.

#1355 3 years ago

I'm really not sure why one has an issue with the other? One basically is a hired gun for Stern, and is paid to pimp their games. Typically shows game play to the best of his ability.....Zach on the other hand does unboxing videos, provides game insight/opinions, and promotes the games so he can make sales. In reality they should complement each other as they both have the same goals and JD doesn't sell games (at least to my knowledge).

#1356 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

What road is that?

Sorry man, not gonna read that huge post. I'm interested in less drama, not more.

#1357 3 years ago

So many links and back and forth to read - certainly someone can sum this up in a few sentences?

#1358 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Doesn't seem like a crazy thing to ask him, so not sure why I got so many downvotes. And look, I'd love for JD to be an entirely positive force in pinball

Could be that your pushing your idea of what everyone should be doing and acting like it's the only path to take?

I really don't care aboot "positive forces" or being a "pinball ambassador" or whatever the fuck any of that means.

I think if you want a bunch of dudes to do pinball shows and love each other and have a circle jerk, that's completely fake and not what the hobby is like at all. People, egos, people, scoops, leaks, pinball, people yada yada...human nature.

#1360 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

So whats Elwins third game?

does not say unless I missed it.

#1361 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

Bon Jovi pinball

#1362 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Sorry man, not gonna read that huge post. I'm interested in less drama, not more.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Could be that your pushing your idea of what everyone should be doing and acting like it's the only path to take?
    I really don't care aboot "positive forces" or being a "pinball ambassador" or whatever the fuck any of that means.
    I think if you want a bunch of dudes to do pinball shows and love each other and have a circle jerk, that's completely fake and not what the hobby is like at all. People, egos, people, scoops, leaks, pinball, people yada yada...human nature.

Look, people can do what they want to, but I don't care for people being assholes, and I'm not afraid to say it. JD is the one who wants to be the pinball ambassador, that's not anything I came up with. But if you're gonna be an ambassador, then you should hold yourself to a higher standard, or drop the act/title. And I made that long-ass post because there's a lot of backstory that some people don't know.

At least we agree on one thing Law, neither of us likes "fake" people. More than anything, I hate hypocrisy and two-faced actions. Which is one of the big things about the JD situation that annoys me. And I mean people getting along, or at least acting professionally, in public isn't inherently a "fake" thing. Of course personalities and egos will clash, but there can still be respect and professional courtesy.

Ah well, whatevs, I'm kinda out of steam now. No hard feelings towards anyone. We all have opinions, and no one has to share mine.

#1363 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

I thought it was assumed to be Godzilla.

#1364 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

#1 - Iron Maiden

#2 - Jurassic Park

———-

#3 - Godzilla

#4 - Jaws

#5 - King Kong

#6 - Hellboy

#7 - Predator

#8 - Xenomorphxx121

#9 - Darth Vader

#10 - Voldemort

*****RETIRED ****

#1365 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Hey all, I was told my name was coming up in this thread and just wanted to pop by to clear the air.
    I cleared this with AP.
    So there was a bit of confusion and unnecessary drama recently with the launch of a game last week as there was some mis-communication or mis-understanding between some media outlets and AP on the Hot Wheels launch, that apparently resulted in AP asking them to make changes to what they posted.
    Despite what some may say or believe, and despite my having made a comment about it, I was not involved in it, I was not some evil mastermind, I was focused on preparing for and doing a kick ass stream for the launch of Hot Wheels.
    I feel bad the AP folks are having to deal with this distraction vs enjoying the release of a great machine and they clearly worked long and hard on and I’m not loving getting pulled into this drama when I really was not involved.
    It was a great time with the Josh and Michael from AP, and yes a reveal with tequila is a good thing, and I look forward to getting my hands back on a hot wheels soon.
    Great unboxing vids, gents, I think we all created a great media rollout in the end. Excited for the next one!

So noone is "evil" (besides Kaneda)?

Great to read (honestly).

#1366 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Because reading Jack's statement on the previous page, he is making it sound like all he wants is a professional and respectful relationship with Zach and TPN, and everyone else. In my post, I just asked Jack to confirm that really is his goal.

What answer do you expect?

"Obviously I lied, d'uh! I hate everyone!"-???

Look, I don't know what really has happened, but some things in life are really simple and just like people tell you.

Like, Gary always says that pinball first and foremost is a business that is supposed to make money.
    (Great interview with pinball News on his 75th birthday.)

And "maybe" Jack Danger is just happy that he can do playing (and promoting) pinball for living.
    And he'd be dumb if he hadn't taken Sterns offer to be a bit more "secure" doing that.

That again is why I'd never shit on Zachs platter when he is promoting stuff.
    Yes he is trying to sell stuff, because that is what he does for living. But he has not become a "shill" because he runs a business, he now runs a business because he is a shill!

#1367 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

#2 - Jurassic Park
    ———-
    #3 - Godzilla
    #4 - Jaws
    #5 - King Kong (I hope)

Poor KME will never want to see another monster movie as long as he lives.

#1368 3 years ago

I think we need a Zach Meny VS. Jack Danger pinball stream showdown

#1369 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

Hey all, I was told my name was coming up in this thread and just wanted to pop by to clear the air.
    I cleared this with AP.
    So there was a bit of confusion and unnecessary drama recently with the launch of a game last week as there was some mis-communication or mis-understanding between some media outlets and AP on the Hot Wheels launch, that apparently resulted in AP asking them to make changes to what they posted.
    Despite what some may say or believe, and despite my having made a comment about it, I was not involved in it, I was not some evil mastermind, I was focused on preparing for and doing a kick ass stream for the launch of Hot Wheels.
    I feel bad the AP folks are having to deal with this distraction vs enjoying the release of a great machine and they clearly worked long and hard on and I’m not loving getting pulled into this drama when I really was not involved.
    It was a great time with the Josh and Michael from AP, and yes a reveal with tequila is a good thing, and I look forward to getting my hands back on a hot wheels soon.
    Great unboxing vids, gents, I think we all created a great media rollout in the end. Excited for the next one!

Why is a stern distributor and AP distributor banned from the channel if there’s no drama and it’s all one sided?

I’m sure the company and marketing director who admitted openly to not watching the videos made a big stink about it because someone said something. But it wasn’t you? Strange world we live in. Who else would know besides you and AP that you were the only ones meant to show gameplay? If sdtm was one group that did know and AP didn’t admittedly didn’t watch the videos who does that leave to raise a stink.

Something smells!

#1370 3 years ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

Why is a stern distributor and AP distributor banned from the channel if there’s no drama and it’s all one sided?

Are they really banned? Rookie move if thats the case!

#1371 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballenthusiasts/permalink/3276354965730741/
    You might have to join The Pinball Enthusiasts FB group to see the second incident, but I recommend joining because it's very enlightening reading. You can see Mr. Positivity himself, Jack Danger, write some pretty unpleasant stuff to Zach and FNO, and you can even see Jack arguing with Zach's wife Nicole. Classy stuff for a pinball ambassador. Especially for the launch day of TMNT, a product that both FNO and JD are supposed to be promoting.

How about some screen caps for people not interested in giving facebook any kind of foothold in their data mine?

#1372 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

We definitely cannot chat on his streams. Not sure when it started though. I’ve been noticing it for a while when I pop in to a stream of his.

#1373 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

More than just sdtm peeps too

#1374 3 years ago

Where is everybody getting banned from?

#1375 3 years ago

I'm assuming twitch, but not sure. Fortunately I am unaware of most pinball world micro-drama.

#1376 3 years ago

Portal portal pinball and all further Pelham tournaments.

J/K

Zach and others have mentioned being banned by DeadFlip from the channel’s stream.

#1377 3 years ago

To clarify, I help run the SDTM twitch channel. I was using that when I noticed the ban. My chuckwurt account is not banned to my knowledge.

#1378 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

To clarify, I help run the SDTM twitch channel. I was using that when I noticed the ban. My chuckwurt account is not banned to my knowledge.

Well, then! In 3...2...1...

#1379 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

We definitely cannot chat on his streams. Not sure when it started though. I’ve been noticing it for a while when I pop in to a stream of his.

Sounds like he's a little sensitive !

#1380 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

That seems a little eff'd up......

someone-has-issues (resized).jpgsomeone-has-issues (resized).jpg

#1381 3 years ago

Such a cute and genuine gesture......

Speaking of cute, check this out! Something very special has arrived to the pinball scene...

Puppet Palz Episode 1: Pinball Dream Themes

Hosts: Steve & Moppy

- Pinball Dream Themes

- Moppy let's it go

- Steve is stuck in the 90s

- New Puppet Pal Mail Carrier Zaccario delivers Fan Mail!

- Coming Together!

facebook: facebook.com/PuppetPalz

Message Puppet Palz for a chance to have your mail covered on a future episode!!!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-usx7b-e0512e

4F2D075C-FD2F-4C41-A6C3-17207AF3C2E4 (resized).jpeg4F2D075C-FD2F-4C41-A6C3-17207AF3C2E4 (resized).jpeg
    #1382 3 years ago

Puppet Palz is quite the musical.

#1383 3 years ago

I need subtitles for Moppy.

#1384 3 years ago

This Puppet Palz thing cracks me up... Such a well done piece of entertainment. Super happy it was less than 2.5 hours too...

#1385 3 years ago

Can someone explain to me why we have not had a Ramones pin. Seems such a win to me.

#1386 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Such a cute and genuine gesture......
    Speaking of cute, check this out! Something very special has arrived to the pinball scene...
    Puppet Palz Episode 1: Pinball Dream Themes
    Hosts: Steve & Moppy
    - Pinball Dream Themes
    - Moppy let's it go
    - Steve is stuck in the 90s
    - New Puppet Pal Mail Carrier Zaccario delivers Fan Mail!
    - Coming Together!
    facebook: facebook.com/PuppetPalz
    Message Puppet Palz for a chance to have your mail covered on a future episode!!!
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-usx7b-e0512e[quoted image]

This is beyond the most fantastic thing the pinball community has ever been blessed with! The amount of talent, the amount of effort, I am blown away with this! Please tell me there is more.
    I know a lot of very talented people and who ever this person or people are surpass 99% of those talented people I know!!!!! I hope it doesn’t go unnoticed how much it takes to accomplish something like this!!!!! The writing, the voice work, the composition!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ So much respect!!!!!

#1387 3 years ago
    Quoted from scruffypinball:

!

PtownPin , @chuckwurt

Let's imagine the following scenario. Pretend you make a living based on streaming reveals for fancy widgets.

- On the eve of your next reveal event, a widget distributor--let's call him "Dach"--falsely accuses you of having his widget unboxing video taken down

- Dach takes his accusations to a widget enthusiast forum known for overreacting, where he fuels wild speculation

- While you are at work on a Saturday doing the latest reveal, multiple people associated with Dach join the stream to type such lovely things as "haha Dach scooped you!" and "you are an asshole, leave Dach alone!"

- The following week, Dach doubles-down on his accusations, reporting your interference on a podcast, further fueling the now rampant rumormongering

- The manufacturer of said widgets comes out to say that the accusations are false and yet Dach does not recant his statement. His supporters continue to disparage you in a very public manner

What would you do?

#1388 3 years ago
    Quoted from gumnut01:

Can someone explain to me why we have not had a Ramones pin.

Not popular enough. Could be awesome, though. At least I have the poster:
    Ramones.jpgRamones.jpg

#1389 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Not popular enough. Could be awesome, though. At least I have the poster:
    [quoted image]

And IM is a popular band?

AC/DC makes perfect sense and so did Metallica I guess...

I see more people wear Ramones tshirts than GnR, at least down here anyway. So many tunes. So many good themes.

#1390 3 years ago
    Quoted from gumnut01:

Umm, yes?
    Maiden.pngMaiden.png

#1391 3 years ago
    Quoted from gumnut01:

AC/DC makes perfect sense and so did Metallica I guess...
    I see more people wear Ramones tshirts than GnR, at least down here anyway. So many tunes. So many good themes.

People are only wearing those shirts because H&M (or similar) bought the rights to massproduce them. Not because they know the music. (Good music, I like Ramones.)

What we need and deserve is "Escape from New York" pinball. With Snake Plissken voice. Not Kurt Russel.

#1392 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Umm, yes?
    [quoted image]

Well I’ll just shut the fuck up then. God this world sucks.

#1393 3 years ago
    Quoted from gumnut01:

Well I’ll just shut the fuck up then. God this world sucks.

Indeed it does.

#1394 3 years ago
    Quoted from protocol_j:

ptownpin , chuckwurt
    Let's imagine the following scenario. Pretend you make a living based on streaming reveals for fancy widgets.
    - On the eve of your next reveal event, a widget distributor--let's call him "Dach"--falsely accuses you of having his widget unboxing video taken down
    - Dach takes his accusations to a widget enthusiast forum known for overreacting, where he fuels wild speculation
    - While you are at work on a Saturday doing the latest reveal, multiple people associated with Dach join the stream to type such lovely things as "haha Dach scooped you!" and "you are an asshole, leave Dach alone!"
    - The following week, Dach doubles-down on his accusations, reporting your interference on a podcast, further fueling the now rampant rumormongering
    - The manufacturer of said widgets comes out to say that the accusations are false and yet Dach does not recant his statement. His supporters continue to disparage you in a very public manner
    What would you do?

I can promise you the statements that were made on The Pinball Show were not false!!!! And there were no false accusations!!!!! That’s why No one has recanted their statement!!!!

#1395 3 years ago
    Quoted from protocol_j:

ptownpin , chuckwurt
    What would you do?

I don’t care about any of this. Sorry.

#1396 3 years ago
    Quoted from gumnut01:

Can someone explain to me why we have not had a Ramones pin. Seems such a win to me.

Ramones sold more T-Shirts than records. Their image is more popular than their music.

#1397 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I can promise you the statements that were made on The Pinball Show were not false!!!! And there were no false accusations!!!!! That’s why No one has recanted their statement!!!!

Exclamation point count is not consistent. I'm not sure what that means, but maybe throw in a few more next time just to be sure, and make sure they're all the same number.

#1398 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone who bans Chuck from anything pinball is a derp.

#1399 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Kinda like how JJP doesn't use Dead Flip when premiering or promoting games. They've worked with Buffalo Pinball and SDTM in the past instead. Oh what tangled webs are weaved in pinball!

JJP wisely does not use JD, as his dialogue while streaming is anything but family friendly. Not sure why Stern allows JD to use such foul family unfriendly language during his streams. JD should keep things professional in his banter, if he wants to be a highly regarded streamer by families too.

#1400 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I really, really hope that’s true. But without proof, it’s purely speculative. And as we are all innocent until proven guilty, it is irresponsible to present speculation as fact.

Especially when there are those who would use said speculation to do real harm, as SDTM supporters have done ad nauseam over the last week.

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/28?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.