(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: The Pinball Show Ep 151: How Many People Are Buying New Pinball Machi

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by ZMeny
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the pinball show logo (resized).png
    Hamish_Campbell (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    UpperFlipperCutouts (resized).jpg
    IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 97.
    #1101 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Head over to www.facebook.com/silverballchronicles and vote... I haven't done any system 1 research!!! Ahhhh!

I looked and couldn't find the poll.

#1102 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 16: Pinball Mutant Ninja Podcasters: Craigonardo, Jonatello, Menyangelo, and Kriesael

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel, Craig Bobbie, & Zach Meny

Guest: Jon Ehrlich from JackBar

- Stern Pinball Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles First Impressions

- Pinball Industry News & Updates

- Clarification of comments made on The Pinball Show Episode 15

- Discussion with Jon Ehrlich from JackBar

- Pinball Market Trends with Craig Bobbie

- Viewer Trends

- Canada: A Lifestyle Brand

email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nrwc6-de63ff

37A4B31F-0EB5-4612-9076-5E4A25DD82A4 (resized).jpeg37A4B31F-0EB5-4612-9076-5E4A25DD82A4 (resized).jpeg
    #1103 3 years ago

I wonder if cgc would consider working with a home brew.

Imagine the sales of mark incittis the nightmare before Christmas. Cmon!

#1104 3 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I looked and couldn't find the poll.

I just pinned it to the top of the page. It was buried.

#1105 3 years ago

https://silverballswag.com/collections/silverball-chronicles

Hey everyone, Ron and I have launched our Silverball Swag store front. If you enjoy the show and would like to support us, consider picking up a t shirt. Once I make enough money to pay a decent co-host, I'm going to replace Ron!

#1106 3 years ago

Hahahahahahaha!!! I thought the next pin was already being made and was going to be announced "soon" and was Alien. Such a load of crap some of these people buy into lol. Been hearing it for 2 years now that its going to be announced "next month", then never does. Just pot stirrers is all they are...

#1107 3 years ago

I’d be a day 1 buyer for an Indiana Jones remake

#1108 3 years ago

I want to hear more from Craig/ Ricky Bobbie . I loved it when he was giving jabs to Dennis .

#1109 3 years ago

So, Jack Danger and Zach Meny are arch enemies now.

#1110 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Zach vs. Jack one on one basketball is clearly the only way to settle this.
    Play to 50.

Obviously DK is hoops referee and score keeper.
    Played in Cayuga, IN
    (Halfway)

THE PALOOKA(s) IN CAYUGA!

#1111 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yeah, it's pretty damn sad. I'm not sure whether JD's white-knighting came from a genuine place, or whether it was just an excuse to start trouble. Either way, I do think less of him after the exchange on FB. Especially since John from Jackbar specifically came out and said that he didn't want Zach and Nicole to be attacked online, or have their business damaged. Jack D. was just very unprofessional.

And the extra sad thing is that there was a thread of truth in JD's statement. The fact is, Jersey Jack donated the TWIPY to raise funds for Jackbar. A very kind and generous thing to do. And Zach failed to give that enough focus during his initial rant on the subject. However, Zach's rant, and The Pinball Show in general, shouldn't be taken so seriously. Zach likes to inject a lot of humor into his podcasts, and I think a lot of his podcast persona comes from a place of trying to entertain and be larger-than-life.

And so while maybe Zach's TWIPY rant WAS a bit cringe; you'd have to be smoking dope to listen to Zach's rant and think that he was in any way criticizing Jackbar, or wishing any sort of ill towards John or Jackbar. And that kind of thing is just not Zach's MO whatsoever. I do honestly question what Jack's MO is now though. Hopefully, Jack Danger can try to be a bit more positive online going forward, and hopefully he can handle his disagreements with a bit more professional courtesy and respect as well. Because the thing is, you wouldn't catch Dwight Sullivan or George Gomez or any other Stern employee making public statements like that. And despite the semantics of being a "contract employee", Jack Danger does still represent Stern and he still works for them on a regular basis.

----

Also, I agree Jack and Zach do need to hoops battle it out once and for all. Although, Jack is so damn tall you'd need to have some sort of handicap to make it fair. Maybe Jack plays on his knees?

#1112 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, it's pretty damn sad. I'm not sure whether JD's white-knighting came from a genuine place, or whether it was just an excuse to start trouble. Either way, I do think less of him after the exchange on FB. Especially since John from Jackbar specifically came out and said that he didn't want Zach and Nicole to be attacked online, or have their business damaged. Jack D. was just very unprofessional.
    And the extra sad thing is that there was a thread of truth in JD's statement. The fact is, Jersey Jack donated the TWIPY to raise funds for Jackbar. A very kind and generous thing to do. And Zach failed to give that enough focus during his initial rant on the subject. However, Zach's rant, and The Pinball Show in general, shouldn't be taken so seriously. Zach likes to inject a lot of humor into his podcasts, and I think a lot of his podcast persona comes from a place of trying to entertain and be larger-than-life.
    And so while maybe Zach's TWIPY rant WAS a bit cringe; you'd have to be smoking dope to listen to Zach's rant and think that he was in any way criticizing Jackbar, or wishing any sort of ill towards John or Jackbar. And that kind of thing is just not Zach's MO whatsoever. I do honestly question what Jack's MO is now though. Hopefully, Jack Danger can try to be a bit more positive online going forward, and hopefully he can handle his disagreements with a bit more professional courtesy and respect as well. Because the thing is, you wouldn't catch Dwight Sullivan or George Gomez or any other Stern employee making public statements like that. And despite the semantics of being a "contract employee", Jack Danger does still represent Stern and he still works for them on a regular basis.
    ----
    Also, I agree Jack and Zach do need to hoops battle it out once and for all. Although, Jack is so damn tall you'd need to have some sort of handicap to make it fair. Maybe Jack plays on his knees?

Yeah, especially since JD usually is a bit distanced judging stuff I really wondered but... maybe he was just drunk.

I wouldn‘t put too much thought into it.

But we definately need that hoops match to happen. Or a cage fight.

#1113 3 years ago

Can we just have Craig for now on as cohost and no more Dennis please. His personality really kills the vibe of the show, hard to listen to someone be contradicting all the time just for the sake of being contradicting. Downvote me for my opinion, I don’t care.

#1114 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

----

Hell, I WAS smoking dope and I didn't see it.

And my money would be on Zach without a handicap, he seems like he would be more coordinated or athletically inclined.

#1115 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Can we just have Craig for now on as cohost and no more Dennis please. His personality really kills the vibe of the show, hard to listen to someone be contradicting all the time just for the sake of being contradicting. Downvote me for my opinion, I don’t care.

Make that hoops match a 2 on 2. XD

Edit:
    I need that Dennis.

K talks smack.
    Zack is a shill.
    And then Dennis grounds you back in reality afterwards.

#1116 3 years ago

Quoted from gecko157:Can we just have Craig for now on as cohost and no more Dennis please. His personality really kills the vibe of the show, hard to listen to someone be contradicting all the time just for the sake of being contradicting. Downvote me for my opinion, I don’t care.

While I don't agree with your stance, I do think that TPS may eventually get a 3rd host again. That way Dennis can go back to alternating weeks with EGP. Because it does make a very long day for him when he records TPS and EGP back-to-back.

Quoted from J-Freeze:

And my money would be on Zach without a handicap, he seems like he would be more coordinated or athletically inclined.

Brilliant comment!

#1117 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Not gonna downvote you....just couldn't disagree more.

I love his dry wit which is why he is so popular on the show. Dennis and Zach have great chemistry.

#1118 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

His personality really kills the vibe of the show,...

his personality suppresses Zach's vibe, which is needed for me.

#1119 3 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

I’ll take that bet.

#1120 3 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

...he seems like he would be more coordinated or athletically inclined.

And this relates to pinball how....?

#1121 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

his personality suppresses Zach's vibe, which is needed for me.

Wow, that‘s... harsh!

I like em as a combo. The good cop and the bad cop.

I would‘ve hoped for Dennis to be way mie „bad“ about Turtles to counterweight Craig Bobby‘s „it‘s loaded“, because it has „three pop bumpers, metal ramps...“. etc.
    Srsly, that‘s a „feature“ now?

TMNT Pro is propably a lot of fun, but the only toy that made it to the Pro is the disc and even that is not fully featured. The Truck is decoration.

TMNT had a Pizza, a Subway and 4 Turtle Toys of wich one was strapped to the pop bumper „whoa“ing when you hit him and he jumps. I‘d not call that a „loaded“ game.

#1122 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wow, that‘s... harsh!
    I like em as a combo...

It's not meant to be overly harsh, as the show is set up to work like this; opposing viewpoints just like you say.

#1123 3 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 9: Turtle Power!

Hosts: Jeff Teolis & Martin Robbins

- The Week That Was
    - TMNT revealed by Stern Pinball
    - Dwight Sullivan joins Martin & Jeff to break down TMNT game & code
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - IFPA President Josh Sharpe gives update on IFPA and the new ICR ratings
    - Shout Outs!
    - Crap Movie/Good Pinball Results
    - Fan Mail

listen here: www.thepinballnetwork.net
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinball

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-u4ahv-deacbf

A1A5603E-38AD-4003-979D-24039A1EF1C6 (resized).jpegA1A5603E-38AD-4003-979D-24039A1EF1C6 (resized).jpeg
    #1124 3 years ago

WTF is with the SCREAMING in my ears? Do you not understand that some people are listening with headphone/ear buds? Fucking knock off the screaming and yelling. Pretty sure I'm done listening to The Pinball Show now because this. Tried to give it a shot, listened to most of each episode so far, but I have to draw the line somewhere. Why would I continue to listen to an asshole podcast host who purposely screams in the ears of listeners. Fucking childish shit, man.

Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Episode 16: Pinball Mutant Ninja Podcasters: Craigonardo, Jonatello, Menyangelo, and Kriesael
    Hosts: Dennis Kriesel, Craig Bobbie, & Zach Meny
    Guest: Jon Ehrlich from JackBar
    - Stern Pinball Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles First Impressions
    - Pinball Industry News & Updates
    - Clarification of comments made on The Pinball Show Episode 15
    - Discussion with Jon Ehrlich from JackBar
    - Pinball Market Trends with Craig Bobbie
    - Viewer Trends
    - Canada: A Lifestyle Brand
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nrwc6-de63ff
    [quoted image]

#1125 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Totally fair to have that opinion; not everyone will enjoy everyone else's style. Though I will note my opinions are genuine (I don't disagree with Zach solely to contradict, though I may exaggerate the level of annoyance depending on how loud he's being). My dislike of Market Trends stems from my belief in it being essentially fake, not that the concept itself is poor (to cite an example).

#1126 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

WTF is with the SCREAMING in my ears? Do you not understand that some people are listening with headphone/ear buds? Fucking knock off the screaming and yelling. Pretty sure I'm done listening to The Pinball Show now because this. Tried to give it a shot, listened to most of each episode so far, but I have to draw the line somewhere. Why would I continue to listen to an asshole podcast host who purposely screams in the ears of listeners. Fucking childish shit, man.

So my “screaming and yelling” is on purpose and I’m an asshole? I get excited and my voice has a bit of a range, but to be called an asshole without ever meeting or knowing someone? “Fucking childish shit” noted. Thanks in advance for tuning in this coming week.

#1127 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

So my “screaming and yelling” is on purpose and I’m an asshole? I get excited and my voice has a bit of a range, but to be called an asshole without ever meeting or knowing someone? “Fucking childish shit” noted. Thanks in advance for tuning in this coming week.

Listen, it doesn't make you an asshole, but I also found it very hard to listen to. I don't listen with headphones, but in my car, and it was very very jarring. I've only tuned into two episodes, but if more screaming is in store, I'll pass.

#1128 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

#1129 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Zach, although I don't believe you are an asshole, the raising of your voice is quite annoying. I, too, listen with earbuds and often think my ears are going to start bleeding. Maybe when you get excited you could back away from the mic. It wouldn't hurt to turn down the volume on some of your sound effects either (screaming goat). xoxo

#1130 3 years ago

Dang man. Some people go the extra mile and provide FREE enjoyable pinball content for all of us to listen to and rather then offering constructive criticism you blow up with calling someone an “asshole”?
    You got an opinion and it’s a free country but calling someone else an “asshole” for something you downloaded yourself, and hit the play button on yourself?
    You should blame the guy in the mirror For those actions, not the guys providing FREE content.

#1131 3 years ago

Well, let's try not to all pile on PoMC here. While I've never found volume spikes while listening to TPS to be an issue. I generally listen in my car or through my phone though. To those for whom it is an issue, maybe your default volume is too high? Otherwise, maybe Zach isn't using enough range compression when he's mixing the audio?

Rather than lashing out at Zach, you could make some constructive comments like SKWilson did. Here are another couple examples of constructive comments:

-Can you increase your audio range-compression? My ears are getting blown out during peaks when you yell, and at other times the volume is too low for me to hear.

-Can you edit in some kind of warning beep before a volume spike? That way I'd know to quick turn down my volume, or removed my headphones for a few seconds.

Just a few ideas from my end. You catch more flies with honey, as they say. To paraphrase an expression I heard, "No, you're not wrong, but you are an ass."

#1132 3 years ago

There was intentional screaming around the 61 minute mark. It was not excitement or squealing with delight over Stranger Things, it was intentional. Anyone screams in my ear, I don't care if I know them or not, that's an asshole move.

It's fine because I won't have to hear it anymore. But if anyone who listens to the next episode wants to let us know if it's scream-free, then maybe I'll take a listen.

#1133 3 years ago

Zach, and all others involved in the show, I have listened to every episode, with ear buds, and have enjoyed every episode.
    Your shows are mostly opinion based shows and I love hearing the excitement coming from someone’s voice when they are really excited about a product.
    Do what you want with YOUR show, but just letting ya know I think they’ve all been awesome.

#1134 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

There was intentional screaming around the 61 minute mark. It was not excitement or squealing with delight over Stranger Things, it was intentional. Anyone screams in my ear, I don't care if I know them or not, that's an asshole move.
    It's fine because I won't have to hear it anymore. But if anyone who listens to the next episode wants to let us know if it's scream-free, then maybe I'll take a listen.

Just listened back (thanks for the time stamp) and I assure you, me screaming out Pinball Market Trends is a reflection of my excitement rather than intentionally making people angry. Pinball Market Trends represents love and support and fun and hard facts and numbers.

My apologizes for the intensity of the enthusiasm though.

To listeners, if I was better at audio editing I would know about balancing such things. I do run basic compression on the audio files and painstakingly try to balance everything out. For example, when interviewing Jon from JackBar I went in and cut every piece of his audio and changed the db so his sound loudness better matched mine. Every single comment he made. So I am spending a very very very very long time on these edits and wish I was more efficient and better at it. Hopefully that will come with time. My entire Sunday is spent recording and editing the Monday show every week.

Thanks to those with constructive feedback and I will try to figure out a way to better modify that.

JP Topper release will make for an exciting (but not too loud) discussion between myself and the diabolical Dennis Kriesel! Tune in Monday to hear our takes!

#1135 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Edition Episode 6:
    Craig Sits In The Big Boy Chair

Host: Craig Bobbie

- TMNT First Impressions

- Shake N Bake: A Story About Jeff Teolis and Competitive Pinball

- Mr. Roboto Sing-A-Long

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-8d7kt-dedceb

99B3B45F-33CA-4D11-8A58-11A2B70725BE (resized).jpeg99B3B45F-33CA-4D11-8A58-11A2B70725BE (resized).jpeg
    #1136 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Just listened back (thanks for the time stamp) and I assure you, me screaming out Pinball Market Trends is a reflection of my excitement rather than intentionally making people angry. Pinball Market Trends represents love and support and fun and hard facts and numbers.
    My apologizes for the intensity of the enthusiasm though.
    To listeners, if I was better at audio editing I would know about balancing such things. I do run basic compression on the audio files and painstakingly try to balance everything out. For example, when interviewing Jon from JackBar I went in and cut every piece of his audio and changed the db so his sound loudness better matched mine. Every single comment he made. So I am spending a very very very very long time on these edits and wish I was more efficient and better at it. Hopefully that will come with time. My entire Sunday is spent recording and editing the Monday show every week.
    Thanks to those with constructive feedback and I will try to figure out a way to better modify that.
    JP Topper release will make for an exciting (but not too loud) discussion between myself and the diabolical Dennis Kriesel! Tune in Monday to hear our takes!

So I want to publicly apologize to Zach for being so critical of him in the past. It's fun to pile on about his shilling, but the guy does have a business to run. That's why Dennis is the perfect foil (not to mention one of very few people who can make me laugh out loud). The last volley I threw at Zach was saying that he and Kaneda are more alike than he realizes. (I listen to both shows)

I think I turned the corner on Zach when he got choked up talking about giving his son a project (watch a movie) and the resistance he got. Suddenly I remembered all the heartache that went into raising a teenager. I may not always agree with everything he says, but it's easy to tell that Zach is a decent human being and a genuinely nice guy. We recently sold our home and bought a smaller condo so I had to sell all 12 of my pins, but I'm eventually going to buy a NIB for our new place and will call Flippin' Out.

I recently friended Zach on Facebook and was going to apologize there but since Pinside is the place I've given him so much shit in the past, this seems like the right place.

#1137 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show Midweek Edition Episode 6:
    Craig Sits In The Big Boy Chair
    Host: Craig Bobbie

I appreciate the hard work , time and effort you put in to the show and eagerly look forward to the next episode . Great to hear Craig /Ricky Bobby is moving up , he reminds me of an entertainment reporter and is perfect for the role .

#1138 3 years ago

The Pinball Show is littered with impersonations and special effects, all of which I enjoy. Some tend to test the range, but my fave effects by far - MMorrison screaming buy, Buy, BUY! and the screaming goat. Those aren’t merely added into TPS, they have been there awhile and hold the whole show together.

#1139 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

So I want to publicly apologize to Zach for being so critical of him in the past. It's fun to pile on about his shilling, but the guy does have a business to run. That's why Dennis is the perfect foil (not to mention one of very few people who can make me laugh out loud). The last volley I threw at Zach was saying that he and Kaneda are more alike than he realizes. (I listen to both shows)
    I think I turned the corner on Zach when he got choked up talking about giving his son a project (watch a movie) and the resistance he got. Suddenly I remembered all the heartache that went into raising a teenager. I may not always agree with everything he says, but it's easy to tell that Zach is a decent human being and a genuinely nice guy. We recently sold our home and bought a smaller condo so I had to sell all 12 of my pins, but I'm eventually going to buy a NIB for our new place and will call Flippin' Out.
    I recently friended Zach on Facebook and was going to apologize there but since Pinside is the place I've given him so much shit in the past, this seems like the right place.

Wow, that’s unbelievably kind of you and gives me hope that there are more people in pinball like you. That type of gesture is what makes this community and many of the friendships here last. None of us have to agree on everything, shit that would be boring if we did, but respecting one another and being decent is what I stand for, oh and providing a bunch of entertaining and informative content. To you PismoArcade, cheers friend.

#1140 3 years ago

I love Zach and his screaming. I love when he screams AHHHHHHHHHHH PINBAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL MARKET TREEEEEENDS at the top of his lungs and love the screaming goat stuff. Especially the goat. In fact we need more screaming goat. Keep it going buddy and don't stop. I have also bought 2 machines from Zach one with FlipNout and one before he had the business and both times have been great. Don't let the haters make you quit what you are doing Zach.

#1141 3 years ago

Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Topper Unboxing + PRIZE GIVEAWAY

#1142 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Stern Jurassic Park Pinball Topper Unboxing + PRIZE GIVEAWAY

Better then expected... But man pricy...

#1143 3 years ago

re the poll...CGC should remake JJPOTC.

#1144 3 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 17: It's Not About The Topper, It's About The Changing Landscape Of Pinball, But Are We Devolving?

Hosts: Dennis Kriesel & Zach Meny

*Warning Explicit Language

- Stern Pinball recently released Jurassic Park topper

- Dennis hosts Pinball Topper Trends

- The Changing Social Climate of the Pinball Community

- TMNT Lead Software Designer, Dwight Sullivan, visits LoserKid Pinball Podcast and Final Round Pinball Podcast

- Industry News

- New Code for Spooky Pinball's Rick & Morty

- Pinball Market Trends

- GOATS GOATS GOATS

- New Segment: The Pinball Show MVP

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-7x6yg-df220a

7F8116CE-97EA-45BA-AB16-05AA401C6115 (resized).jpeg7F8116CE-97EA-45BA-AB16-05AA401C6115 (resized).jpeg
    #1145 3 years ago

"Disk Locked Content!"

Uff when Stern is against the ropes with the public, Zach is sent in. Nightmare episode.

#1146 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"Disk Locked Content!"
    Uff when Stern is against the ropes with the public, Zach is sent in. Nightmare episode.

Oh no, what did Dennis say to induce such night sweats for ya?

#1147 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh no, what did Dennis say to induce such night sweats for ya?

The whole babe in the woods "what on earth do people not like aboot this topper can you please explain it to me Dennis" is a little much.

#1148 3 years ago

"One of the cheapest options on the market"? This is beyond ridiculous. I get that some people actually like the JP topper - different tastes and all. BOM and effort wise, it's still something Stern should be ashamed for putting out. Sorry, Zach, but to me you've lost all honesty and integrity. I'm sure you're a nice guy and a great distributor, but I don't like being taken for an idiot. I applaud TPN for great shows like Pinball Chronicles, The Plumb or Just Another Pinball Podcast and will continue to listen to them, but for me, that's it for TPS. It's sad to think SWL, Slap Save and others disappeared for this infomercial.

#1149 3 years ago
    Quoted from Inpw:

"One of the cheapest options on the market"? This is beyond ridiculous. I get that some people actually like the JP topper - different tastes and all. BOM and effort wise, it's still something Stern should be ashamed for putting out. Sorry, Zach, but to me you've lost all honesty and integrity. I'm sure you're a nice guy and a great distributor, but I don't like being taken for an idiot. I applaud TPN for great shows like Pinball Chronicles, The Plumb or Just Another Pinball Podcast and will continue to listen to them, but for me, that's it for TPS. It's sad to think SWL, Slap Save and others disappeared for this infomercial.

Was Dennis not there to provide a counter point? And is Zach not allowed to have an opinion different to your own? They discuss many topics on the podcast; it seems silly to me to write off an entire show because occasionally one of the hosts has a different take than you on a particular subject.

But to each their own I guess!

EDIT: Also, people need to lighten up a little!

#1150 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Was Dennis not there to provide a counter point? And is Zach not allowed to have an opinion different to your own? They discuss many topics on the podcast; it seems silly to me to write off an entire show because occasionally one of the hosts has a different take than you on a particular subject. But to each their own. ‍♂️

Of course he's allowed to have his own opinion. I don't even mind it, it's just the way it's presented that comes across as less than honest. It's like a used car salesman trying to present a Fiat as a Ferrari. If you like Fiat, great, but don't try to convince me it's the best car ever built. I also would't dismiss the show for a single episode, but it's been like this since the start. It grates on my nerves, and it's reached the point where it's just no longer worth my time.

Look, I've got nothing personally against Zach, and I know my take on it doesn't matter in the big picture. I don't take myself that seriously. It's no big deal, just a personal decision.

There are 4,833 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.