(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 97.
    #951 4 years ago

I need to know how Market Trends is trending, so I vote for a new segment, Market Trends Market Trend.

Are people into Market Trends this week or not? Tune into Market Trends Market Trend to find out!

#952 4 years ago

After that episode I now get Ken's pinside handle.

#953 4 years ago

I don’t mind the market trends segment. But God damn turn the volume down on that Buy buy buy audio clip. Holy shit is that annoying when listening to the podcast with headphones on.

The segment with the reports on the different manufacturers has gotten better with regards to the very low audio level but still the audio level could be consistent with the podcast audio. A couple of those guys could maybe drink a cup of coffee before recording the report so they have a little bit more energy. Whoever the third guy was on this podcast episode report has it right. Someone on that Wednesday midweek show sounded like he was whispering telling me a secret.

#954 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I thought I heard Zach lump you in with the Market Trends naysayers during the last episode. But I'm glad to see that you're on the right side of history Ken!
    Of course you're still on the wrong side of Mousin' Around...but no ones perfect!

And he don't know diddly about Guardians of the Galaxy! LOL

#955 4 years ago
    Quoted from thirdedition:

I need to know how Market Trends is trending, so I vote for a new segment, Market Trends Market Trend.
    Are people into Market Trends this week or not? Tune into Market Trends Market Trend to find out!

I like it

A0E09D0B-5B6B-498A-9A26-878C702740D7 (resized).jpegA0E09D0B-5B6B-498A-9A26-878C702740D7 (resized).jpeg
    #956 4 years ago

I can't imagine a life without Market Trends. Keep it!

#957 4 years ago

The latest episode of Silverball Stories is up! And, if you're into the 80s and early 90s you won't want to miss this one. Check it out here:

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-k5s5p-d68d13?utm_campaign=au_share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=au_share

Silverball Stories (resized).jpgSilverball Stories (resized).jpg
    #958 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

The latest episode of Silverball Stories is up! And, if you're into the 80s and early 90s you won't want to miss this one. Check it out here:
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-k5s5p-d68d13?utm_campaign=au_share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=au_share[quoted image]

Loved the references in this episode! Damn I love this show

#959 4 years ago

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-k5s5p-d68d13?utm_campaign=au_share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=au_share[quoted image]

Excuse me for beeing stupid, but is this the Chronicles with changed name?

#960 4 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Excuse me for beeing stupid, but is this the Chronicles with changed name?

It is not. New Chronicles episode will air today

#961 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

It is not. New Chronicles episode will air today

Nice! Something to listen to while I drink beer and remain isolated!

#962 4 years ago

I realllllly like these!!!

#963 4 years ago

Silverball Chronicles Episode 2

Stern Electronics...No, not that Stern

Before Stern Pinball Inc., which dominates the pinball landscape today, there was Stern Electronics, our second episode’s topic. We cover where Stern Electronics came from, Sam and Gary Stern’s early years, Dave mispronouncing names, the change from electro-mechanical pinball to solid state, the sketchiness around that transition, legendary designer Steve Kirk, Stern’s wild art, and the death of Stern Electronics.

As always we love to hear from you. We can always be reached at [email protected]

Sources for this episode can be found at thepinballnetwork.net

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-wmhic-d6a374

7DA0BC6A-B563-4F4F-9F5A-AEC0ACFA41EB (resized).jpeg7DA0BC6A-B563-4F4F-9F5A-AEC0ACFA41EB (resized).jpeg
    #964 4 years ago

when i typed in thepinballnetwork.com it went to Pizza Hut??????

#965 4 years ago

They don’t have a website

#966 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

I realllllly like these!!!

Agree. The Stern episode was excellent.

The hosts co-facilitating their story was seamless and Ron adding experience/color made it very compelling listen. (over 2 hrs!)
    This is good pinball content - the topics are well prepared and executed. One a month is perfect.

Hope the top brass at TPN appreciates the effort!

#967 4 years ago
    Quoted from ssdobbins:

when i typed in thepinballnetwork.com it went to Pizza Hut??????

People demanded a website... www.thepinballnetwork.net

#968 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

People demanded a website... www.thepinballnetwork.net

Isn't that redundant, why not just www.thepinball.net actually pinball.net would be ideal

#970 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Isn't that redundant, why not just www.thepinball.net actually pinball.net would be ideal

Someone should claim those domains now and have some fun with redirecting

Our official website is thepinballnetwork.net for those that would like to visit.

#971 4 years ago

NEW The Plumb Podcast Is Up! Check it out now

Episode 3: Arcades, Not Grenades

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-b2ccc-d6b8d0

366DA00E-B149-4230-BBA2-E87FF3097C5F (resized).jpeg366DA00E-B149-4230-BBA2-E87FF3097C5F (resized).jpeg
    #972 4 years ago

“He doesn’t know how to say his real name??” - David Dennis

LOL, that’s one of my favorite podcast lines ever!

Quoted from ZMeny:

Silverball Chronicles Episode 2
    Stern Electronics...No, not that Stern
    Before Stern Pinball Inc., which dominates the pinball landscape today, there was Stern Electronics, our second episode’s topic. We cover where Stern Electronics came from, Sam and Gary Stern’s early years, Dave mispronouncing names, the change from electro-mechanical pinball to solid state, the sketchiness around that transition, legendary designer Steve Kirk, Stern’s wild art, and the death of Stern Electronics.
    As always we love to hear from you. We can always be reached at [email protected]
    Sources for this episode can be found at thepinballnetwork.net
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-wmhic-d6a374[quoted image]

#973 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

“He doesn’t know how to say his real name??” - David Dennis
    LOL, that’s one of my favorite podcast lines ever!

My goodness the editing I did to fix the other names I screwed up so people had no idea... At this point I was like screw it...

#974 4 years ago

I enjoyed the history of Stern Electronics pins episode.

Someone on TPN should just do a "game by game" podcast of pins. The whole episode goes over just 1 table (any pin goes). It has been done with video games.

#975 4 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

I enjoyed the history of Stern Electronics pins episode.
    Someone on TPN should just do a "game by game" podcast of pins. The whole episode goes over just 1 table (any pin goes). It has been done with video games.

We’ve pitched that idea, it’s a good one

#976 4 years ago

David and Ron, your podcast is not only an excellent pinball podcast, it is simply an excellent podcast. It would be great if all podcasts crammed so much info into an hour, (and more.) Your prep work is superb, and hopefully this prep work has allowed you to minimize editing. Great content. Thanks!

#977 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lrrr:

David and Ron, your podcast is not only an excellent pinball podcast, it is simply an excellent podcast. It would be great if all podcasts crammed so much info into an hour, (and more.) Your prep work is superb, and hopefully this prep work has allowed you to minimize editing. Great content. Thanks!

Thanks a lot fella. There is a lot of editing mostly because Ron is correcting stuff I just sorta make up or when I sound reallllly dumb we ended up a great team and I'm really greatful for Ron!

#978 4 years ago

Great advice from thepinballnetwork.com ie staythefuckhome.com haha

#979 4 years ago

Hey David Dennis, enjoying the history podcasts, as I hope most are. A small correction:

Chicago Coin never made bingo pinballs. Those are flipper less games made between 1951-1981 in the US, and still manufactured in other countries. These are typified as having a bingo card on the backglass.

Chicago coin did make some gambling pinballs, but their participation was fairly limited, and coincided with the participation of most other manufacturers (including Gottlieb). It seems like you lumped some of these gambling games in as 'bingos'.

Chicago Coin was most known in later years for their alternate coin op games, but they were in on the ground floor with pingames, and even shared a factory with Gottlieb at one point. We put an illustration of the adjoining factory in the first issue of Coin-Op Carnival (shameless plug).

Happy to discuss further if you'd like! Keep up the good work.

#980 4 years ago

How about some pinball news and funnies on this Monday?

The Pinball Show Episode 6: Wrap It, Strap It, Set It, and Forget It

Hosts: Ken Cromwell & Zach Meny

- P3 Multimorphic Reveals Heist

- Manufacturer Delays, Shutdowns, & Moves (Stern, Spooky, American, deeproot, Haggis)

- Haggis Pinball's Celts' Third Playfield Option

- Stranger Things Gets The Cleland Sound Treatment

- Pinball Machine Rental 

- Pinball Market Trends

- Outtakes

email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-grkqv-d6f3d1

3F01ACD0-F884-422A-A765-2E517AE1630A (resized).jpeg3F01ACD0-F884-422A-A765-2E517AE1630A (resized).jpeg
    #981 4 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Hey David Dennis, enjoying the history podcasts, as I hope most are. A small correction:
    Chicago Coin never made bingo pinballs. Those are flipper less games made between 1951-1981 in the US, and still manufactured in other countries. These are typified as having a bingo card on the backglass.
    Chicago coin did make some gambling pinballs, but their participation was fairly limited, and coincided with the participation of most other manufacturers (including Gottlieb). It seems like you lumped some of these gambling games in as 'bingos'.
    Chicago Coin was most known in later years for their alternate coin op games, but they were in on the ground floor with pingames, and even shared a factory with Gottlieb at one point. We put an illustration of the adjoining factory in the first issue of Coin-Op Carnival (shameless plug).
    Happy to discuss further if you'd like! Keep up the good work.

You're totally right I did slack and lump them all in on the same "bingo' term... I'll toss that in on the next episode to add more clarity. Thanks a bunch for being involved in the podcast!

I'll also plug Coin-Op Carnival and when I finally get to a show I'll pick up a copy!

#982 4 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Episode 4: Guest Andreas Pedersen, the best tourney format as a TD, & streaming tips from home

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-hkxsz-d76e2e

Hosts Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis discuss a variety of topics.

- Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen joins us to talk about different formats on Matchplay.events, and helps your game with pintips.net
    - What's the best tournament for you to set up as a Tournament Director
    - sponsor of the week
    - Plus, tips to start streaming from home

listen here: www.thepinballnetwork.net
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinball

final round pinball logo (resized).pngfinal round pinball logo (resized).png
    #983 4 years ago

Can we please have a "The Plumb" dedicated rss podcast feed? I've listened to all the shows and settled on this one. The other show are clogging up my epidode list. Thanks.

#984 4 years ago

The Pinball Show Ep 7: TWIPY Reactions & The Battle Of Pinball Prognostication

Hosts: Ken Cromwell, Dennis Kriesel, and Zach Meny

- 2019 TWIPY Results Discussion

- Which Year Will Showcase Better Pinball: 2019 or 2020?

- Pinball Market Trends

- Outtakes

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-gvre4-d79913

0B07EAA8-F108-4681-86BB-954EB6385619 (resized).jpeg0B07EAA8-F108-4681-86BB-954EB6385619 (resized).jpeg
    #985 4 years ago

I’ve really enjoyed the last few episodes of the pinball show. They have been much more balanced - the “push” isn’t so in your face as the earlier ones I’ve heard (there will always be some but that’s to be expected). B/w this and the recent SDTM content, Zach has been bringing the A game IMO. Dennis always brings it. Overall good job and thanks again for the content.

And for the LOVE OF GOD - keep in the BUY BUY BUY segments. Always been a fan as I love reading the market. Cheers

#986 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I’ve really enjoyed the last few episodes of the pinball show. They have been much more balanced - the “push” isn’t so in your face as the earlier ones I’ve heard (there will always be some but that’s to be expected). B/w this and the recent SDTM content, Zach has been bringing the A game IMO. Dennis always brings it. Overall good job and thanks again for the content.
    And for the LOVE OF GOD - keep in the BUY BUY BUY segments. Always been a fan as I love reading the market. Cheers

Very much appreciated Delt

#987 4 years ago

You guys get a room.....sheesh!

#988 4 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Edition Episode 4: COVID-19 Deep Dive

Dennis Kriesel and David Dennis host this episode. They engage in a deep dive of COVID-19 as it impacts pinball. They examine:

1) Manufacturers
    2) Operators
    3) Home collectors
    4) Tournaments
    5) Pinball shows

Email TPN at: [email protected]

Episode Links:
    This Week in Pinball’s coverage of Stern Pinball and American Pinball COVID-19 response: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-march-23rd-2020/

This Week in Pinball’s coverage of Multimorphic and Chicago Gaming Company COVID-19 response: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-march-30th-2020/

Spooky Pinball’s Facebook announcement of halting production due to COVID-19: https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball/posts/2945708502157024?__xts__[0]=68.ARB6OkhqLVtx6vQENMqU0uT6XSH78QIGn5ULUyNxHhzjfeOb4EPW-nlF_zQAizH4izDCuezU5EoEFFz7mWAD29sJmF45wA9fapiqqiRX4LUG0u6Nkn7Q_-Kd0DuGfrLEx3WYLe4k65Ndm51JXlFs_xb2ShnBcMc2_WZuaP26M46kzLu928X4b9lMjthnIunZvQeH3xG8cwzDY2JM8NjQR-wWBfbq1v-wOViLGhzIA789nvtqlYbwvAEYTMSCFjkuiujoBLQF5qj9zJt2xo6st6ycco6vIXjUhWwGXegPcGUp26uyQII4jlJIWQa7alo3YICVanEK64qEBl1JlHE3JKIKeQ&__tn__=-R

This Week in Pinball’s coverage of deeproot Pinball and the delay due to COVID-19: https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-march-16th-2020/

International Flipper Pinball Association’s announcement to suspend sanctioning tournaments: https://www.ifpapinball.com/ifpa-sanctioned-events-suspended-until-further-notice/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-rccri-d7eb60

D23566E6-7BA5-4219-BE71-ED02F16B1C8D (resized).jpegD23566E6-7BA5-4219-BE71-ED02F16B1C8D (resized).jpeg
    #989 4 years ago

Really good and informative episode!!

#990 4 years ago

Two great people to host an episode on the impact of COVID-19. Looking forward to listening to this one.

#991 4 years ago

Here is a link to the a summary of Canadian Government benefits: https://www.dennisfinancial.net/blog/1094704-UPDATED-Canadas-Economic-Response-Plan

I also mistakenly said the 75% wage subsidy was up to $847 a 'month' which should have been a 'week'... slip (syrup) of the tongue.

#992 4 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 8: Farewell My Friends

Hosts: Ken Cromwell & Zach Meny

- Ken Cromwell, pinball ambassador, media host, and producer, announces an exciting life change

- Gammagoat streams Multimorphic P3's newly announced pinball machine, Heist

- DeadFlip streams Stern Iron Maiden battle royale

- New Code: Stern Stranger Things V.0.87 and Stern Iron Man V.1.85

- Sneak Peak: Stern Jurassic Park Topper

- Pinball Market Trends

- Stern Showdown...Showdown

- From Beginning To End: An old friend says goodbye to Ken Cromwell

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-qu7ce-d8590d

A5284200-1607-4D32-8CF8-AD415734148A (resized).jpegA5284200-1607-4D32-8CF8-AD415734148A (resized).jpeg
    #993 4 years ago

Is this like the last time everyone fake retired?

#994 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Is this like the last time everyone fake retired?

This changes everything!

#995 4 years ago

Thank you Ken Cromwell. I enjoyed listening to the Special When lit podcast and the pinball show, along with the flip n out stream. Your passion and knowledge will be hard to replace. Thank you for letting me be a small part of your journey. Very happy for you and your new job at JJP! Look forward to seeing you at a future show.

#996 4 years ago

So what will Ken be doing at JJP?
    I haven’t listened to podcast yet.

#997 4 years ago

stpcore
    Ken, Thank you for all of the hard work and great energy you brought to this hobby. We’ve really enjoyed the podcasts and streams you and the team have done, especially that charity stream! $50k!!! Just as Coz said, we too are very excited for you AND I bet this will not be the last we hear from you! Stay in touch.

Your Pinball Pals,
    The Lordhelmet family

#998 4 years ago

Echo the positive words about Ken. His absence will be felt for a long time! I'm toying with calling in with a special song-salute on tonight's stream.
    On a related note, does this mean Greg might come back from his sabbatical? We all miss that fella! Also, how bout Zach does the FlipNout stream once in a periodically, now that the desk is open? Zach and Greg used to stream pretty regularly back in the day, and I'm sure people would love some pinball streaming from either of them.

#999 4 years ago

Havent had a chance to listen but Ken is the one that keeps this show grounded; a shame.

#1000 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

So what will Ken be doing at JJP?
    I haven’t listened to podcast yet.

Same question...

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.