(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 97.
    #902 4 years ago

TheLaw wants to live pinball life like....

GettyImages-472913228 (resized).jpgGettyImages-472913228 (resized).jpg
    #903 4 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

I really enjoyed the first Silverball Chronicles, in fact, I think its one of the most interesting pinball podcasts to date.
    So.. any date for next release in this series?
    Keep up the good work, TPN people!

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, that really means a lot. The next episode is complete and will be released shortly.

#904 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, that really means a lot. The next episode is complete and will be released shortly.

I'll be looking forward to it!

#907 4 years ago

Is this week's Pinball Show coming? Normally, it's out on a Monday isn't it? I know some of them were at Louisville, so that might have delayed taping. Plus, maybe they wanted to wait until Hot Wheels was revealed?

#908 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Is this week's Pinball Show coming? Normally, it's out on a Monday isn't it? I know some of them were at Louisville, so that might have delayed taping. Plus, maybe they wanted to wait until Hot Wheels was revealed?

Ken and Zach where at the Louisville Arcade Expo this weekend. I'd assume they didn't have time to record and edit.

#909 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Ken and Zach where at the Louisville Arcade Expo this weekend. I'd assume they didn't have time to record and edit.

I personally saw Zach sitting on a couch doing NOTHING for at LEAST 3 mins during the expo. He needs to get his ass in gear and make this happen.

#910 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure if the episode was just delayed, or if they're gonna skip this week.

#911 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

That's what I figured, but I wasn't sure if the episode was just delayed, or if they're gonna skip this week.

Louisville delayed the episode. Hoping to have one up soon with info on Hot Wheels and more

#912 4 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

I personally saw Zach sitting on a couch doing NOTHING for at LEAST 3 mins during the expo. He needs to get his ass in gear and make this happen.

These millennials today are so damn lazy!

#913 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Louisville delayed the episode. Hoping to have one up soon with info on Hot Wheels and more

Whatever you do, don’t try and offer anybody on Pinside to buy one from you. You’ll pay the price

CDBE2A00-4D63-4733-9E51-A561B54AB5FF (resized).jpegCDBE2A00-4D63-4733-9E51-A561B54AB5FF (resized).jpeg
    #914 4 years ago

Selling stuff is capitalism!!!

*cough* *cough*

#915 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Selling stuff is capitalism!!!
    *cough* *cough*

youre-goddamn-right-29995933 (resized).pngyoure-goddamn-right-29995933 (resized).png
    #916 4 years ago

Late to the party... (page 19)

Anyone feel confident enough to write up a summary of what the drama in this thread is about?

appreciated,
    mof

#917 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Anyone feel confident enough to write up a summary of what the drama in this thread is about?
    appreciated,
    mof

Great consolidation effort to bring the Best pinball content for hobbiests.
    Great new shows and creators are being introduced.
    and everybody hates on Zach no matter what he does.
    That pretty much summarizes 19 pages.

#918 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Great new shows and creators are being introduced.
    and everybody hates on Zach no matter what he does.

Podcasters acted like they were shutting down podcasts
    People jumped on early for a somewhat clunky "launch" including no website
    They said they didn't what a website
    Everyone made 10,000 jokes aboot somone "stealing" the URL they didn't want
    They launched a website
    Links to a bunch of podcasts
    Pizza Hut refused to count extra cheese as a topping
    Zach's new show is better than SDTM
    ....that's pretty much it.

Now, obviously I didn't mention the 12 pages of people wondering where Kenada was & obvious hillbilly rants against diversity.

#919 4 years ago

Checked out the second episode of the Plumb with Krystal.

I definitely like that she has a different vibe going on than the two other shows I've listened to so far. It's more relaxed, somewhat light night smooth jazz DJ kinda tone. Much less herky jerky and quippy than other casts so far, which is really pleasing.

Sans interviews so far, feels more like a spoken blog, and a private phone conversation I'm listening in on regarding her life. Friends, family, fans and such may be more engaged, but for someone that doesn't know her, and has no personal investment, I'm not pulled in by just hearing about a stranger's life.

That said, interested in hearing how things develop when some interviews occur, and if other ideas might be mixed in.

#920 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

appreciated,
    mof

Bunch of motivated guys started a pinball network to put out content out in the wild every day and got so much shit for it on pinside, that they seemingly have stopped.

Meanwhile in Kanedaland he just threw every last bit of decency out of the window and startet a series of manufacturer based shit shows.

#921 4 years ago

What's going on in this thread guys?

1570317135020 (resized).jpg1570317135020 (resized).jpg
    #922 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Bunch of motivated guys started a pinball network to put out content out in the wild every day and got so much shit for it on pinside, that they seemingly have stopped.
    Meanwhile in Kanedaland he just threw every last bit of decency out of the window and startet a series of manufacturer based shit shows.

I thought the last two episodes were really interesting. Looking forward to the next company on the list.

#923 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

appreciated,
    mof

It’s all about messed up pizza orders

#924 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I thought the last two episodes were really interesting. Looking forward to the next company on the list.

Srsly that was made up drama out of his butthole, for the sake of... well stinky made up drama, because there's nothing elso to talk about.

Yes, of course JJP has investors and of course they have a lot to say, but from that to kinda "Jack lost everything and they stole his company" is more then far fetched. Many things stated are just blatant lies or disinformed: WoZ was never Jacks dream theme, he just happened to have the license because he did a coin pusher or something with it.
    (Back in "Realworldland" JPP of course made a lot of not so good decisions but there's a reason why the next game hasn't allready been announced and that is that Wonka is not doing too shabby. So they finally seem to get on track.)

Same goes for that AP episode where he dug out every piece of shit he could find and jump to non-sensical conlcusions.

#925 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly that was made up drama out of his butthole, for the sake of... well stinky made up drama, because there's nothing elso to talk about.
    Yes, of course JJP has investors and of course they have a lot to say, but from that to kinda "Jack lost everything and they stole his company" is more then far fetched. Many things stated are just blatant lies or disinformed: WoZ was never Jacks dream theme, he just happened to have the license because he did a coin pusher or something with it.
    (Back in "Realworldland" JPP of course made a lot of not so good decisions but there's a reason why the next game hasn't allready been announced and that is that Wonka is not doing too shabby. So they finally seem to get on track.)
    Same goes for that AP episode where he dug out every piece of shit he could find and jump to non-sensical conlcusions.

Interesting is interesting.

#926 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Interesting is interesting.

And a lie is a lie.

I like to listen to K. as a counterweigts as well but it'd be way better if he'd have a Co-Moderator with him when he starts spilling ridiculous BS.

To get back on track, the only discrediting thing I can find about Zach is that he likes The Hobbit!

#927 4 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Ep 3: NACS, Women's World, ECS, deeproot, & MORE!

Big show this week on FINAL ROUND pinball podcast and a lot of topics with Martin Robbins & Jeff Teolis

- Discussing some recent Steve Ritchie games
    - ECS recap with Dina & Jim Lindsay
    - coronavirus discussion
    - long length of tourneys
    - Steven Bowden talks about:being the top seed at the upcoming Stern Pro Circuit, the release of Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland (RAZA) from deeproot in 2 week, Texas Pinball Festival and more
    - Sponsor Of The Week
    - Levi Nayman and the NYCPC
    - Pincade recap from New Zealand including the System 11 World Championship and the Fish Tales Symphony
    - Martin & Jeff’s dream themes crushed by each other
    - fanmail questions answered

listen here: www.thepinballnetwork.net
    email us at [email protected]
    Instagram @finalroundpinball

https://www.podbean.com/ei/pb-kipuk-d607d4

6008AB50-17D2-4A3A-B028-6D61A27B3496 (resized).jpeg6008AB50-17D2-4A3A-B028-6D61A27B3496 (resized).jpeg
    #928 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

What's going on in this thread guys?[quoted image]

I’d be angry to if they was frying me!

#929 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I think you need a podcast too!

#930 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I think you need a podcast too!

Noone would wanna listen to that.

#931 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Noone would wanna listen to that.

We won't know that until you try. Hit up Zach, make it happen.

I need more content!

#932 4 years ago

The Pinball Show Midweek Edition Episode 3: Go Go Gadget Hot Wheels

Hosts: Ken Cromwell & Zach Meny

- American Pinball's Hot Wheels Reveal
    - Gerry hyping hard on next Multimorphic game
    - Is TPF and MGC happening?
    - National Championship Series Winners
    - Whatcha Playin'?
    - Stern Pro Circuit Championship Tickets Giveaway
    - Outtakes (Ken's Love for Stone Temple Pilots)

email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4t34j-d60fda

C653DF99-EDB4-4211-8C65-DBA14A5C92CF (resized).jpegC653DF99-EDB4-4211-8C65-DBA14A5C92CF (resized).jpeg
    #933 4 years ago

Some fresh pinball news with personality this week on The Pinball Show!

The Pinball Show Episode 5: Feeling Slap Happy During A Global Pandemic

Hosts: Ken Cromwell, Dennis Kriesel, & Zach Meny

- The cancellation of pinball shows

- How coronavirus may affect the industry

- TWIPY ceremony modifications

- Scott Danesi discusses Rick and Morty design and adjustments

- Ken and Dennis disrupt Pinball Market Trends

- Outtakes

email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-hhhr9-d65950

8C465CFF-37CF-4898-ACC5-100996937D4A (resized).jpeg8C465CFF-37CF-4898-ACC5-100996937D4A (resized).jpeg
    #934 4 years ago

Just started listening, always fun when the trio is together!

On another note...boy, by the time my edition of Off-The-Record comes out, all my musings will be out-of-date! So much has happened in the two weeks since I recorded. If I recorded it today, I'd definitely have more to content to discuss. Oh well, maybe they'll let me do another episode sometime down the line.

For now, I'll just be patient and twiddle my thumbs another week.

#935 4 years ago

Good segment on the Coronavirus, enjoyed hearing that from different angles.

Zach - on the TWIPYs, you saying "knowing Jeff I figured he'd be like forget it, announce the winners and move on", what on earth about me would make you say I'd be so unconcerned and flippant? What a weird statement. You of all people know how passionate I am about making it a fun celebration of the hobby and how much work goes into this. To say I'd just be like "forget it", such a bizarre thing to hear from you.

#936 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Good segment on the Coronavirus, enjoyed hearing that from different angles.
    Zach - on the TWIPYs, you saying "knowing Jeff I figured he'd be like forget it, announce the winners and move on", what on earth about me would make you say I'd be so unconcerned and flippant? What a weird statement. You of all people know how passionate I am about making it a fun celebration of the hobby and how much work goes into this. To say I'd just be like "forget it", such a bizarre thing to hear from you.

No no no my apologies if it came across like that. I was saying that with all the changes and work you’ve put into this year I could see you saying oh the hell with it. The statement was to empathize with the frustration this must bring, coming from me, one of the only people who truly understands what it takes to put on the show that we created. I was very positive about the TWIPYs in the show and continue to support the awards any way I can. I’m one of the TWIPYs biggest fans.

#937 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

No no no my apologies if it came across like that. I was saying that with all the changes and work you’ve put into this year I could see you saying oh the hell with it. The statement was to empathize with the frustration this must bring, coming from me, one of the only people who truly understands what it takes to put on the show that we created. I was very positive about the TWIPYs in the show and continue to support the awards any way I can. I’m one of the TWIPYs biggest fans.

Srsly, you guys should do "the basement" again.

#938 4 years ago

Just finished listening. Another good episode, but I gotta say Ken and Dennis are crazy for saying that Market Trends needs to die, and that Mousin' Around is a lower mid-tier system 11! In these uncertain times, now more than ever does the pinball public need the Market Trends segment to keep us going!

As far as Mousin' goes...I wonder if they've played one that's setup right? Because if you set it up right, and wax it, Mousin' can be one of the fastest and funnest-flippin pinball machines around. First thing to do is remove the end-of-ramp gates; normally these slow the ball down before it reaches the flippers, but with the gates removed the ball never loses speed down the ramps and just screams to the flippers. This makes it much harder to repeat shots/ramps, while amping up the fun factor.

As far as the center ramp goes, you can make an adjustment in the service menu so that the ramp-visor goes back up after every ball, and every ball-lock. This combined with the end-of ramp mod, makes it very hard to keep hitting that center shot over and over. And you have to hit the visor targets in order 1,2,3 in order to lower the visor and those are very risky shots, as center drains can happen easily off the visor. So I think if setup "correctly," you can limit the viability of center-ramp spam, while maintaining a fun experience that's still faithful to the spirit of the pin.

Not to mention the theme-integration is second-to-none with the mouse hole mystery/jackpot award, and the best ball-locks around. The mouse-trap locks are brilliant and are wholly unique to this game in their design. And did I mention this game is mean! It routinely beats me up. It'll be a long time before I feel I've conquered this one.

I could go on, but then I'd just be fan-boying! And in the interest of disclosure, I did buy a Mousin' recently, so that could bias my opinion, but I truly am trying to be objective!

#SavePinballMarketTrends #ZachWasRight #Mousin'Around

#939 4 years ago

Regarding Market Trends (100% subjective opinion):
    I kinda like it because of the interaction with Dennis, but the actual infos is absolutely meaningless for us overseas.
    You're allowed not to care but think about it this way, that maybe 50% (?) of your listener base couldn't relate to anything you bring up in that segment.

So for me (!): I listen & stay for the personality, not the info.

#940 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Just finished listening. Another good episode, but I gotta say Ken and Dennis are crazy for saying that Market Trends needs to die, and that Mousin' Around is a lower mid-tier system 11! In these uncertain times, now more than ever does the pinball public need the Market Trends segment to keep us going!
    As far as Mousin' goes...I wonder if they've played one that's setup right? Because if you set it up right, and wax it, Mousin' can be one of the fastest and funnest-flippin pinball machines around. First thing to do is remove the end-of-ramp gates; normally these slow the ball down before it reaches the flippers, but with the gates removed the ball never loses speed down the ramps and just screams to the flippers. This makes it much harder to repeat shots/ramps, while amping up the fun factor.
    As far as the center ramp goes, you can make an adjustment in the service menu so that the ramp-visor goes back up after every ball, and every ball-lock. This combined with the end-of ramp mod, makes it very hard to keep hitting that center shot over and over. And you have to hit the visor targets in order 1,2,3 in order to lower the visor and those are very risky shots, as center drains can happen easily off the visor. So I think if setup "correctly," you can limit the viability of center-ramp spam, while maintaining a fun experience that's still faithful to the spirit of the pin.
    Not to mention the theme-integration is second-to-none with the mouse hole mystery/jackpot award, and the best ball-locks around. The mouse-trap locks are brilliant and are wholly unique to this game in their design. And did I mention this game is mean! It routinely beats me up. It'll be a long time before I feel I've conquered this one.
    I could go on, but then I'd just be fan-boying! And in the interest of disclosure, I did buy a Mousin' recently, so that could bias my opinion, but I truly am trying to be objective!

Your hashtag game is way strong

#941 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Your hashtag game is way strong

Jimmy-Fallon-hashtag-Justin-Timberlake (resized).pngJimmy-Fallon-hashtag-Justin-Timberlake (resized).png
    #943 4 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

I listened to the episode and it didn't appear that his comment was meant in that way.

Great episode!

#944 4 years ago

Seems like Market Trends is about to have some real value, tracking sales volume & prices in the Covid-19 economy. Weird time to drop it.

#945 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Seems like Market Trends is about to have some real value, tracking sales volume & prices in the Covid-19 economy. Weird time to drop it.

Not really. If everything is trending down, and you are selling pinball machines for a living, why continue with the segment?

#946 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Not really. If everything is trending down, and you are selling pinball machines for a living, why continue with the segment?

Because numbers don’t lie and I’ve vowed to report only the facts on The Pinball Show’s Pinball Market Trennnnnndddddssss!

#947 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Because numbers don’t lie and I’ve vowed to report only the facts on The Pinball Show’s Pinball Market Trennnnnndddddssss!

The true identity of Macho Pinball is revealed?

#948 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

No idea where you heard me say I want Market Trends to die??? I like Market Trends.

#949 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

No idea where you heard me say I want Market Trends to die??? I like Market Trends.

That was my fault haha

#950 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Quoted from ZMeny:

That was my fault haha

Yeah, I thought I heard Zach lump you in with the Market Trends naysayers during the last episode. But I'm glad to see that you're on the right side of history Ken!
    Of course you're still on the wrong side of Mousin' Around...but no ones perfect!

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/19?hl=dandandan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.