(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Pinball Innovators & Makers Podcast Ep 21: Live Or Die - Make Your Ch

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,812 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    final round 78 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.20.10 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 6.22.39 PM (resized).png
    triple_drain_new_logo_sz5v26 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 7.45.45 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 97.
    #751 4 years ago
    D413CB26-3A97-4009-BFCE-64BD7618BDA5 (resized).jpegD413CB26-3A97-4009-BFCE-64BD7618BDA5 (resized).jpeg
    #752 4 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

I tried to listen to the podcast the other day, but there was a dude talking about some sort of messed up pizza order and I had to bail on the show.
    I wanted to like the podcast, but that guy who was complaining about a pizza order sounded like a bitch.

turtles-movie-waiting-pizza-pizza-dudes-got-30-seconds-13601176210 (resized).pngturtles-movie-waiting-pizza-pizza-dudes-got-30-seconds-13601176210 (resized).png
    #753 4 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

I tried to listen to the podcast the other day, but there was a dude talking about some sort of messed up pizza order and I had to bail on the show.
    I wanted to like the podcast, but that guy who was complaining about a pizza order sounded like a bitch.

I think it's just shooting for a different demographic. I also can't get through an episode. I can handle a 2 hour Joe Rogan Experience when he has a really good guest but with those you also get video so you feel more involved. It's also Joe Rogan talking Elon Musk into getting baked with him. I'm hoping they might start releasing two versions of each episode. The long version for those looking to kill a couple hours in a car or whatever and a short version that is cut down to just pinball, no ordering pizza, singing or Zach doing his voices. Just give me the Tea.

#754 4 years ago

Kaneda is right, so many Pinside babies that just whine about everything. Jesus, just go listen to something else.

#755 4 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

Kaneda is right, so many Pinside babies that just whine about everything. Jesus, just go listen to something else.

Maybe you should take your own advice and stop whining about Pinside and post someplace else. Yes I am being facetious to show how silly that argument is, you can post whatever you like just like everybody else.

#756 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:Maybe you should take your own advice and stop whining about Pinside and post someplace else. Yes I am being facetious to show how silly that argument is, you can post whatever you like just like everybody else.

I came here to read about the TPN offerings and what's going on, not to listen to every baby whine about every little thing they don't like.

It's sad and ridiculous. These whiners need to get a life.

#757 4 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:I came here to read about the TPN offerings and what's going on, not to listen to every baby whine about every little thing they don't like.
    Point (resized).jpgPoint (resized).jpg
    #758 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

[quoted image]

I get your point, you want to defend trolls.

#759 4 years ago

People that complain about not being able to order cheese as an extra topping on their pizza instead of talking about pinball on a pinball podcast need to get a life. Big waste of time.

#760 4 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

People that complain about not being able to order cheese as an extra topping on their pizza instead of talking about pinball on a pinball podcast need to get a life. Big waste of time.

A guy is having a conversation and goes off on a bit of a tangent. So what? That's what people do in conversation. Poor Man's PP does almost nothing BUT go off on side notes and crazy stuff, no one gives them a hard time about it. You don't like it, don't listen. People don't want to hear you whine about it either.

#761 4 years ago

LOL, this is killer funny just sadly for the wrong reason.

#762 4 years ago

Quoted from Darscot:

LOL, this is killer funny just sadly for the wrong reason.

pB43k (resized).jpgpB43k (resized).jpg

#763 4 years ago

Sounds like many of you missed the point of the pizza ordering discussion. I've got a huge smile on my face right now

#764 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Sounds like many of you missed the point of the pizza ordering discussion. I've got a huge smile on my face right now

Oh come on now it was obvious -- do you think we're morons? That we don't get subtext/inferences/metaphors?

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.(could someone PM me what it was?) <\spoiler> »

#765 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Actually....his metaphor didn't make sense though. Zach came off as the one that couldn't be pleased, no matter what.

Don't order from Pizza Hut, unless it's a crazy craving and there are NO local pizzerias.

Use the app for big chains, always easier, hassle free, and more options.

Extra cheese, along with steak, seafood, or meatballs almost always counts as a double topping.

Deals ring up in their system. They can't alter them. So if the deal provisions aren't met, there is no deal.

Ideally...Zach needed to be a bit flexible, give Jake a break, and just toss on another basic topping.

So yeah, he sounded like a difficult customer, and then still wasn't a paying one, at that.

I understand Pinsiders are opinionated, (what forum or form of social media or person isn't) but in this situation he seemed the one that was overly particular and not able to be pleased. Which sounds like all of us Pinsiders.

Such a debacle!

#766 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

The irony makes it all the better

#767 4 years ago

Lets all keep the conversation on point guys.

#768 4 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

I’m sure you could do better. Lol. It’s just an attempt at some humor. Are they just supposed to start talking pinball from minute one?

#769 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Ultimately, as Kaneda says quite frequently, he feels many of his biggest critics ARE listeners. And really, a listener is a listener. Keeps your brand out there, your name in the fold, and really everyone that listens will enjoy some parts, others not so much.

It's akin to going to any movie. You go in open minded, or even biased one way, and you ideally leave with a unique, and new impression. Sometimes it's entirely critical, mixed, or nothing but praise. But inevitably, every viewer/listener needs to be able to be free with those impressions.

For me, you guys excel best at chemistry. Being able to interject with one another, and find a pleasing rhythm and tone, is the best attribute of any group of entertainers.

#770 4 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

So are you the Pizza Bitch? Can I get an autograph please?

#771 4 years ago

Whine about someone, who whines about a podcast, who whines about a pizza? Please...

(Edited)

#772 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

The only thing that would've made the pizza story better is if you had asked Jake if he was wearing khacki's.

#773 4 years ago

I listened to the Final Round Ep 2 this morning while working and found it to be well produced and edited. I don't play in any pinball events (too much waiting around) but I still was interested in the info and well done interviews. I learned a few things, so there's that too.

#774 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I listened to the Final Round Ep 2 this morning while working and found it to be well produced and edited. I don't play in any pinball events (too much waiting around) but I still was interested in the info and well done interviews. I learned a few things, so there's that too.

If you ever catch wind of a flip frenzy event you should try that. Almost non stop playing.

#775 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Zach I've had the same thing happen to me with pizzas. Basically the problem was the person who took your order was a dumbass and no I'm not saying all fast food workers are stupid just so you know before you whiners jump on me.

I place an order last night for wings and she said it will be ready in 15 mins. I said I cant be there until 25 mins from now, can you have it ready at that time please? She sat and kept talking to herself trying to figure out how to do that and I said it's not a big deal just wait 10 mins before you start the order. She then kept stalling and thinking about what she needed to do and finally said....I will figure it out and make it happen. I felt like saying goddam go back to school you moron but I didnt want my wings spit on. These kids today cant count back change or anything.

Anyway what I was gonna ask you is why the F are you eating pizza hut when you guys have Pizza Kings all over Indiana???? That's like the best pizza in the world almost son, get your head out of your azz!!

#776 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Zach I've had the same thing happen to me with pizzas. Basically the problem was the person who took your order was a dumbass and no I'm not saying all fast food workers are stupid just so you know before you whiners jump on me.
    I place an order last night for wings and she said it will be ready in 15 mins. I said I cant be there until 25 mins from now, can you have it ready at that time please? She sat and kept talking to herself trying to figure out how to do that and I said it's not a big deal just wait 10 mins before you start the order. She then kept stalling and thinking about what she needed to do and finally said....I will figure it out and make it happen. I felt like saying goddam go back to school you moron but I didnt want my wings spit on. These kids today cant count back change or anything.
    Anyway what I was gonna ask you is why the F are you eating pizza hut when you guys have Pizza Kings all over Indiana???? That's like the best pizza in the world almost son, get your head out of your azz!!

I think you should have saved this story for a guest spot metaphor on next weeks show!

#777 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

What?

#778 4 years ago

Listened to Final Round tonight. Love the show. But, dang, I'm scared to death to play in Pinburgh now after listening. LOL. I've only played in one tournament.

#779 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Listened to Final Round tonight. Love the show. But, dang, I'm scared to death to play in Pinburgh now after listening. LOL. I've only played in one tournament.

Don’t be. It’s incredible. Walking into that place is one of the greatest things you can experience in this hobby.

#780 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I think you should have saved this story for a guest spot metaphor on next weeks show!

I'm going to start my own show. Its going to be me, you, and Gunnut and its going to be called either Redneck Pinball, The Rant, the three angry old white guys or maybe something even worse. Its going to be no bullshit and the straight up truth.we will be calling out bad pinball companies, bad distributors, and bad Pinsiders! It will be rated R, no kids or people who get offended easily allowed!

It will probably be too much for TPN, may have to go solo.

See you all soon!

#781 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t be. It’s incredible. Walking into that place is one of the greatest things you can experience in this hobby.

I'm like paranoid I'm going to play out of turn and break like 50 rules now. LOL.

#782 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm like paranoid I'm going to play out of turn and break like 50 rules now. LOL.

Playing out of turn is the only one to be concerned about. And if you’re that worried about it, then you’ll be fine.

What I like to do is this:

Every game you play should have your groups sheet under the game. Before each ball make sure you check to see what player you are, then look at the game and make sure you’re actually up. If you’re not sure, don’t be shy. Ask a TD for help.

#783 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Playing out of turn is the only one to be concerned about. And if you’re that worried about it, then you’ll be fine.
    What I like to do is this:
    Every game you play should have your groups sheet under the game. Before each ball make sure you check to see what player you are, then look at the game and make sure you’re actually up. If you’re not sure, don’t be shy. Ask a TD for help.

It seems easy but the podcast freaked me out. In my mind, I envisioned myself beating Keith Elwin in round one on Stranger Things. Now I envision me playing his ball and getting punched in the face!

#784 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

It seems easy but the podcast freaked me out.

At the end of the day, who cares if you play out of turn? Haha. Just have fun. And wear comfortable shoes.

#785 4 years ago

The Italian beef segment needs to be highlighted on tonight's stream in twitch. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Thanks guys!

#786 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm going to start my own show....

I will give you $300 for four 30 minute shows. This would be so great,

#787 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I would toss cow cookies at him from the balcony. Only way I want in..!

#788 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh yeah it would be great alright. I'll put about 12 beers in Gunnut and pull his string and he will babble and rant and rave for at least an hour straight. I wouldn't have to say a word.

#789 4 years ago

Nooo! Six beers even!

#790 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you ever catch wind of a flip frenzy event you should try that. Almost non stop playing.

Totally agree . I played in a Flip Frenzy at Ryan's C's place and it was a great day . It cost 10 bucks to enter and he provided drinks and pizza , probably cost more to put on than what he charged . The best part was meeting and speaking to a lot of new people and playing a wide range of games , some I hadn't played before . To me it wasn't about winning or losing it was just enjoying everyone's company and having fun .

IMG20171230171325 (resized).jpgIMG20171230171325 (resized).jpg
    #791 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

probably cost more to put on than what he charged

It definitely did. I know from experience. Haha

#792 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's one of the nice things about this hobby , people do it for the love of it not the money .

#793 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

He got the three toppings deal and got a good price on the pizzas

#794 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Totally agree . I played in a Flip Frenzy at Ryan's C's place and it was a great day . It cost 10 bucks to enter and he provided drinks and pizza , probably cost more to put on than what he charged . The best part was meeting and speaking to a lot of new people and playing a wide range of games , some I hadn't played before . To me it wasn't about winning or losing it was just enjoying everyone's company and having fun .[quoted image]

Ha! I knew that when you said that you played a Flip Frenzy at someone's house, that you must be in Australia, before I even looked at your info. I'm starting to learn about some of the differences in pinball around the world. Still, that's cool that you guys in Australia have found a way to make the pinball hobby work, since you don't have leagues and things like we do here. Very cool!

#795 4 years ago
    E78A0812-CF38-4963-9A67-B29D44D436B3 (resized).jpegE78A0812-CF38-4963-9A67-B29D44D436B3 (resized).jpeg
    #796 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

[quoted image]

8EE7926C-C1BC-47CA-9453-E470D57F36F3 (resized).jpeg8EE7926C-C1BC-47CA-9453-E470D57F36F3 (resized).jpeg
    #797 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Lol. And I thought the PinStadium marketing crew was creative. You sir have some skill lol.

#798 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. And I thought the PinStadium marketing crew was creative. You sir have some skill lol.

It’s hard to make a quick photoshop look real....to me it looks kinda cheesy

#799 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

It’s hard to make a quick photoshop look real....to me it looks kinda cheesy

Well... it is the “pizza” network!

#800 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m getting their damn ads on Instagram now. I can accept their obnoxious barrage on all things pinball but they are penile dysfunction level spam now.

There are 4,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/16?hl=dontpanicflip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.