(Topic ID: 260761)

*NEW* TPN: Triple Drain Pinball Podcast Ep 50: TPF, MGC, & Travis Is Old Now?

By ZMeny

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,826 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What title should CGC remake next?”

• Twilight Zone 19 votes
      8%
    • Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure 46 votes
      20%
    • The Addams Family 19 votes
      8%
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation 5 votes
      2%
    • Tales Of The Arabian Nights 33 votes
      14%
    • Theatre Of Magic 18 votes
      8%
    • Scared Stiff 6 votes
      3%
    • White Water 11 votes
      5%
    • Cirqus Voltaire 10 votes
      4%
    • The Shadow 4 votes
      2%
    • Creature From The Black Lagoon 9 votes
      4%
    • Funhouse 13 votes
      6%
    • Cactus Canyon 34 votes
      14%
    • Radical :) 8 votes
      3%

(235 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8472 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8471 (resized).jpeg
    triple drain logo (resized).png
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg
    the pinball show logo (resized).png
    ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    TPS (resized).jpg
    final round ep 79 thumbnail (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1802 (resized).png
    pinball innovators and makers podcast logo (resized).jpeg
    silverball chronicles logo (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 97.
    #701 4 years ago
    Quoted from fauxcalin:

Pinball needs more diversity.

maybe the upcoming twipy award winners will get the message out during their acceptance speeches, just like the oscar winners do in hollywood - where even green lives matter.

#702 4 years ago

One other thought - TPN monthly or quarterly highlight reel. Have each podcast submit short sound clips for use in a simple 'this month in pinball podcasting' episode. I think more people would be inclined to try out podcasts if they were introduced to a show through quick snippets of various hosts' personalities and best content. This harnesses the power of a Network.

#703 4 years ago
    Quoted from fauxcalin:

Pinball needs more diversity. It needs queer podcasters and players, transgender podcasters and players, women podcasters and players, PoC podcasters and players. Your attitude is the thing that makes this hobby look like a boys club. I am a transgender player, and would love to hear podcasts give a perspective I can relate to, and your insensitive and inane comment clearly demonstrates that you could care less who gets into the hobby as long as you can dunk on people behind a keyboard. Jack Danger raised a valid point, and TPN told their side of the story, and welcomed diversity in their venture in the same breath. as one of the so-called "politically correct crybabies who is jealous of Zach" I'd ask to to reframe that mental image. I have no ill will towards Zach or TPN, but I do think that as the largest pinball media production they should strive (and they do) for diversity and inclusion in a hobby I begrudgingly share with dimissive and hurtful people like you.

Nothing "needs" more or less diversity, who cares? If I ever heard the group of people that I play pinball with say....."hey we need more gay people in our group" or "hey we need to find some tranny's to play with us", I would never play with them again. Why you ask? Well it's not because I dont like gay people or whatever kind of people, i would leave the group because I don't like STUPID people.

I dont give a damn who plays with us truthfully and if I don't like the people in the group then I just wont play with them anymore and I will find people that I relate to better.

If you go play pinball somewhere and you arent accepted by the group because they dont like you for whatever reason then who cares? You dont want to play with people that dont like you I am sure so why try and force them to accept you?

Also the only reason pinball is a boys club as you say is because there arent that many women that enjoy playing it. Don't think for a minute that a house full of men wouldnt love to see 20 women come over and play pinball with them because believe me they would love that but you cant make them come over. My gf doesnt like playing pinball. It sucks but I cant force her to like it so I'm not even going to try.

#704 4 years ago
    Quoted from fauxcalin:

they should strive (and they do) for diversity and inclusion in a hobby I begrudgingly share with dimissive and hurtful people like you.

I love how you judge people "like me" that you don't even know. You don't know anything about me. I might be the nicest person you could ever meet, you have no idea what I am or what I'm not. Just because I dont believe in "forced diversity" doesnt mean I am a bad person.

#705 4 years ago

Agree with @fauxcalin. There are a LOT of different people that enjoy this hobby. Why not strive to include everyone and diverse perspectives?

Who-Dey how are the 1950’s? It must be miserable to walk around harboring that kind of vitriol.

Also for what it’s worth I’m really enjoying TPN. Keep up the good work!

#706 4 years ago

Walk away from this thread for a day, busy playing pinball ironically, and man I don't want to read threads "about" pinball.

Who gives a shit what anyone thinks about...anyone? People feel and think differently, and man I'd rather they do, than all drone on in unison and false harmony.

Going back to playing pinball.....

#707 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nothing "needs" more or less diversity, who cares? If I ever heard the group of people that I play pinball with say....."hey we need more gay people in our group" or "hey we need to find some tranny's to play with us", I would never play with them again. Why you ask? Well it's not because I dont like gay people or whatever kind of people, i would leave the group because I don't like STUPID people.
    I dont give a damn who plays with us truthfully and if I don't like the people in the group then I just wont play with them anymore and I will find people that I relate to better.
    If you go play pinball somewhere and you arent accepted by the group because they dont like you for whatever reason then who cares? You dont want to play with people that dont like you I am sure so why try and force them to accept you?
    Also the only reason pinball is a boys club as you say is because there arent that many women that enjoy playing it. Don't think for a minute that a house full of men wouldnt love to see 20 women come over and play pinball with them because believe me they would love that but you cant make them come over. My gf doesnt like playing pinball. It sucks but I cant force her to like it so I'm not even going to try.

You’re GF doesn’t like pinball? Time to let her go bro

#708 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

You’re GF doesn’t like pinball? Time to let her go bro

See now you know why my life sucks and why I'm such an angry old white guy.

#709 4 years ago
    Quoted from amstrick:

who-dey how are the 1950’s? It must be miserable to walk around harboring that kind of vitriol.

Lol you dont understand at all. I dont harbor any kind of vitriol at all because I dont care and I dont even think about diversity.

If I walked into a pinball bar and they said...."sorry no straight white guys allowed in here", I wouldnt care at all and I wouldnt be mad at all. I would just go find a place that didnt care if i played rather than trying to make the other place accept me and try to force them into letting me be a part of their group.

I just dont even think about that kind of stuff honestly. If I dont like someone for whatever reason it may be I just simply don't hang out with them. No big deal.

#710 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Good show although I can't be the only one that wished that Zach would have just ordered a %$#@ third topping and let the poor kid get on with his shift.

That made me laugh . Remined me of going to McDonald's when they had a special on cheese burgers and I wanted a junior burger . They wouldn't do it , after some back and forth , they made me order a cheese burger with no cheese !

#711 4 years ago
    Quoted from fauxcalin:Pinball needs more diversity. It needs queer podcasters and players, transgender podcasters and players, women podcasters and players, PoC podcasters and players. Your attitude is the thing that makes this hobby look like a boys club. I am a transgender player, and would love to hear podcasts give a perspective I can relate to, and your insensitive and inane comment clearly demonstrates that you could care less who gets into the hobby as long as you can dunk on people behind a keyboard. Jack Danger raised a valid point, and TPN told their side of the story, and welcomed diversity in their venture in the same breath. as one of the so-called "politically correct crybabies who is jealous of Zach" I'd ask to to reframe that mental image. I have no ill will towards Zach or TPN, but I do think that as the largest pinball media production they should strive (and they do) for diversity and inclusion in a hobby I begrudgingly share with dimissive and hurtful people like you.

You want to see a more diverse group of podcasters , well here's your chance . Zach ( TPN) has repeatedly asked for ANYONE to submit a podcast . If people don't put their hand up to give it ago , then TPN can only deal with what they have . If you or anyone else put together a well done , entertaining podcast , I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms . Jack Danger's point wasn't "valid" , as they had asked a female podcaster to join them before they announced TPN.

#712 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

You want to see a more diverse group of podcasters , well here's your chance . Zach ( TPN) has repeatedly asked for ANYONE to submit a podcast . If people don't put their hand up to give it ago , then TPN can only deal with what they have . If you or anyone else put together a well done , entertaining podcast , I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms . Jack Danger's point wasn't "valid" , as they had asked a female podcaster to join them before they announced TPN.

There you go, fauxcalin could be the first ever transgender pinball podcaster! Make it happen fauxcalin!

#713 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

There you go, fauxcalin could be the first ever transgender pinball podcaster! Make it happen fauxcalin!

I would listen to a transgender or any other group of people labelled as a " minority " if they did an entertaining podcast I liked . Who-Day I read your comments as you will like someone for them , not whatever they are " labelled "as . I would like someone to like me for me , not because I was labelled as some " minority " , to me that is the opposite of discrimination .

#714 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I would listen to a transgender or any other group of people labelled as a " minority " if they did an entertaining podcast I liked . Who-Day I read your comments as you will like someone for them , not whatever they are " labelled "as . I would like someone to like me for me , not because I was labelled as some " minority " , to me that is the opposite of discrimination .

I honestly don't care what people are really. If I like them I like them and if I dont I dont. I dont even care about people who discriminate as long as they dont cause anyone any physical harm. People are allowed to think anyway that they want. I just dont get caught up in all that crap.

#715 4 years ago

If everyone is done solving the issues of society, I'd suggest staying on topic...

#716 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nothing "needs" more or less diversity, who cares? If I ever heard the group of people that I play pinball with say....."hey we need more gay people in our group" or "hey we need to find some tr***'s to play with us",
    Also the only reason pinball is a boys club as you say is because there arent that many women that enjoy playing it. Don't think for a minute that a house full of men wouldnt love to see 20 women come over and play pinball with them because believe me they would love that but you cant make them come over.

why do you feel the need to use a slur to describe transgender people, while also coupling it with a tired old fallacy of "well fellas the reason so many of us play pinball is cause the women just don't like it!" I know tons of women who play pinball, I am literally a woman who plays pinball. You demonstrate such a lack of self-awareness its almost beyond parody, for someone who seems a lot older than me you have some growing up to do.

#717 4 years ago

Lots of new info in this thread. Interesting to see that some people are just now are figuring out that pinball has a diversity problem, lol. The only thing as white as pinball may be the craft beer scene. Both are actually similar, filled with insane collectors that act like idiots and blow tons of money, but also filled with mostly good accepting people, hygiene is also a little iffy for both groups though. African Americans are as rare as unicorns in both.

It's hard to fault TPN for not having more diversity when they grouped the podcasts together as all of the podcasts were already white dudes. You also can't really complain about that if you are not willing to jump in an try to change the pinball scene. Want black, gay, lesbian, transgender, etc pinball content then someone is going to have to step up and get things started. TPN seems to be offering a platform. I honestly don't think there will be backlash with pinball being predominately white male. Most pinball people are pretty accepting and you will likely find a lot more people like you in the hobby then you realize.

The biggest breaking news out of all of this is that Whodey has a girlfriend

#718 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

The biggest breaking news out of all of this is that Whodey has a girlfriend

She thinks I'm an asshole too. Lol

#719 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

She can't complain and say she didn't know what she was getting into then.

#720 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Smart lady, I see.

#721 4 years ago
    Quoted from fauxcalin:

why do you feel the need to use a slur to describe transgender people, while also coupling it with a tired old fallacy of "well fellas the reason so many of us play pinball is cause the women just don't like it!" I know tons of women who play pinball, I am literally a woman who plays pinball. You demonstrate such a lack of self-awareness its almost beyond parody, for someone who seems a lot older than me you have some growing up to do.

People do need to be more respectful. And you are certainly correct that there are a ton more women in the hobby then there was 5 years ago. It's dramatically different and honestly a lot better crowd overall. Diversity is slowly coming to the hobby which is a great thing. You are also correct that the women are not playing in the boys club groups not because they don't like pinball, but because they don't want to hang out with those groups lol.

#722 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I might be the nicest person you could ever meet, you have no idea what I am or what I'm not.

Sure we have an idea. Thousands of words written behind the veil of online anonymity tell me more about a person than any face-to-face interaction.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Nothing "needs" more or less diversity, who cares?

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont harbor any kind of vitriol at all because I dont care and I dont even think about diversity.

When I don't care about something I simply scroll past it or stop clicking on a thread. Your post count and content suggest exactly the opposite. You care about it more than anyone on pinside, as far as I can tell.

#723 4 years ago

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

― John Lydgate

Later quoted by Abraham Lincoln, and that dude faced some REAL issues.

Remember this Zack, and keep up the good work. (Well, most of the time )

#724 4 years ago

Seriously guys Who-Dey is the the one of the saddest loneliest trolls on pinside. If you feel his misery needs company send him a PM.
    1tox3z.jpg1tox3z.jpg

#725 4 years ago
    Quoted from SnowGalvin:

I understand and appreciate the effort behind TPN. Thank you to all who are putting in the work.
    If TPN's objective is to grow interest in pinball at large and listenership for the individual shows on the network, in my humble opinion this could be done better. As a daily podcast listener (of which a few are about pinball) I'm missing two things: control over my episode feed and pictures.
    What I like about TPN is the exposure to shows I haven't heard before. However after trying a new podcast and finding it not for me, each of their episodes now litter my feed and make it more difficult to see newly published content that I know I want to listen to. This discourages me from sifting through TPN's feed and makes me more apt to listen to another podcast outside the network.
    This is also happening at https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/ but in a worse way since each episode published also includes the show notes. That presents the user with a wall of text making it difficult to see if that-show-you-liked-that-one-time has any new content. The website also doesn't utilize it's platform. Meaning, who is a part of the network? Right now if someone asked me I would point them to the first post of this Pinside thread.
    So my feedback for the website is - landing page with pictures of each show and their schedule that link to separate pages with their episode feed. I find Radiotopia's site to be very clean and effective. https://www.radiotopia.fm/
    As for TPN through a podcast app, I would love to see the ability to add a show's rss feed so that after learning about a new show through TPN, I can add just their feed to my app. In addition to that it would be helpful if each episode published under TPN's feed could use an episode image. This however is far more difficult since it matters what app someone is using and even then it may come down to individual user settings. More about why this is difficult here: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/michael-dell/podcasting-tech-coach/e/56109632
    For any iPhone users who may care, I use the Overcast podcast app and can't recommend it enough. Apple's Podcast app sucks. https://overcast.fm/

This post is oddly constructive . . . what gives?

Seriously, good ideas -- I have no idea how hard they are to implement but these are super useful posts as I'm sure they will be refining things in the future.

We need a Snow podcast by the way -- so get to it!

#726 4 years ago

Man, this thread was actually fun for a couple of days, but then someone had to go and kick the hornet's nest again. The subject of diversity is complicated, and it's very doubtful that any "conversation" about it on Pinside is going to accomplish anything, or lead to a positive outcome. Not saying that pinball-hobby demographics aren't worth thinking about or discussing, but maybe the TPN thread isn't the place for walls of text about it.
    -
    -
    Onto the Pinball Show Episode 3:

Another good one from the guys. I agree with Zach that it seems like Pinburgh needs to find a better way to do tickets. I hope Ken feels better, my wife's been down with something for a couple of days now herself. It'll be fun having Zach on the FlipNout stream with Ken in person. I wonder if Kaneda will pop by to say nice things like he sometimes does! I don't know how he could resist with Zach Meny actually on camera!

Now you guys just need to convince Den Den to leave work early on Monday, and make the trip to St. Louis. Then you'd have the ultimate FlipNout/Pinball Show stream. It'd be a murder of pinball podcasters!

#727 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Man, this thread was actually fun for a couple of days, but then someone had to go and kick the hornet's nest again. The subject of diversity is complicated, and it's very doubtful that any "conversation" about it on Pinside is going to accomplish anything, or lead to a positive outcome. Not saying that pinball-hobby demographics aren't worth thinking about or discussing, but maybe the TPN thread isn't the place for walls of text about it.
    -
    -
    Onto the Pinball Show Episode 3:
    Another good one from the guys. I agree with Zach that it seems like Pinburgh needs to find a better way to do tickets. I hope Ken feels better, my wife's been down with something for a couple of days now herself. It'll be fun having Zach on the FlipNout stream with Ken in person. I wonder if Kaneda will pop by to say nice things like he sometimes does! I don't know how he could resist with Zach Meny actually on camera!
    Now you guys just need to convince Den Den to leave work early on Monday, and make the trip to St. Louis. Then you'd have the ultimate FlipNout/Pinball Show stream. It'd be a murder of pinball podcasters!

Thanks Mike! Sweet Dennis is about as aversive to traveling to spend quality time with me as Greg Bone is about leaving his subdivision or Ken Cromwell about getting into an airplane.

#728 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Seriously guys Who-Dey is the the one of the saddest loneliest trolls on pinside. If you feel his misery needs company send him a PM.
    [quoted image]

I have never seen so many male drama queens in my life as what there is on this site lol. I’m so glad that i am a person that can think for myself and not be a sheep like some of you people. Put your big boy pants on and man up boys! I seriously could not imagine living life like some of you people do. If it wasn't so funny it would be down right sad.

#729 4 years ago

deleted

#730 4 years ago

Would you folks please open another thread to discuss diversity... and let this thread focus on the podcast and podcast content?

#731 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Would you folks please open another thread to discuss diversity... and let this thread focus on the podcast and podcast content?

The only discussion about diversity is all the trolling and whining from the privileged that they should not have to suffer it. Everyone else is just rolling their eyes at the stupidity.

#732 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

The only discussion about diversity is all the trolling and whining from the privileged that they should not have to suffer it. Everyone else is just rolling their eyes at the stupidity.

Who are the privileged?

#733 4 years ago

#734 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Who are the privileged?

Anyone with a Rick and Morty spot under #100.

#735 4 years ago
    Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Anyone with a Rick and Morty spot under #100.

Great answer

#736 4 years ago

With so much drama in the T-P-N

Drama.gifDrama.gif
    #737 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

With so much drama in the T-P-N[quoted image]

4A1C2286-3556-4B81-A448-DE1BB9A36CEB (resized).jpeg4A1C2286-3556-4B81-A448-DE1BB9A36CEB (resized).jpeg
    #738 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

With so much drama in the T-P-N[quoted image]

It's kinda hard being Zach M -E-N
    But somehow, someway he keeps coming up with funky ass shit like every single day.

I'd love for Zach to sing it on the next episode if only he wasn't such a Midwest cracker ass cracker

#739 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

It's kinda hard being Zach M -E-N
    But somehow, someway he keeps coming up with funky ass shit like every single day.
    I'd love for Zach to sing it on the next episode if only he wasn't such a Midwest cracker ass cracker

I proudly show my love and history of rap music, especially some 90s and 2000s hip-hop/rap. Funky ass shit is my game and I’ll keep spittin the illness on the mic with no shame.

Yay yay yaiaayyy, Smoke Baklava Everyday (mic drop)

#740 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Funky ass shit is my game and I’ll keep spittin the illness on the mic with no shame to my game.

Then we wait for the Macarena.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : You're not trying to seduce us.

#741 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I proudly show my love and history of rap music, especially some 90s and 2000s hip-hop/rap. Funky ass shit is my game and I’ll keep spittin the illness on the mic with no shame.
    Yay yay yaiaayyy, Smoke Baklava Everyday (mic drop)

You're an awesome singer Zach! Dont let anyone tell you any different buddy.

#742 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You're an awesome singer Zach! Dont let anyone tell you any different buddy.

Oh hell no. I love Zach but he can't sing worth a s$#t!

#743 4 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Oh hell no. I love Zach but he can't sing worth a s$#t!

Honestly, if as a community we cannot find common ground on at least this point we are truly in trouble.

#744 4 years ago

Final Round Pinball Podcast Ep 2 is READY!

Pinburgh, TDing, NACS, PinMasters, & ACS Recap

Special Guests include:

- John Cosson (ACS Recap)

- Tracy Lindbergh (Pinburgh & TDing)

- Josh Sharpe (blabbing about NACS & PinMasters)

Email: [email protected]

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-y4vif-d4dc01

020992DD-7017-48E9-93A4-73A1CE43447F (resized).jpeg020992DD-7017-48E9-93A4-73A1CE43447F (resized).jpeg
    #745 4 years ago

The Pinball Network is now showing up on Google Podcasts. So that's a good thing. All the shows in one feed.

Positivity is good!

#746 4 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

The Pinball Network is now showing up on Google Podcasts. So that's a good thing. All the shows in one feed.
    Positivity is good!

Yes! It's about damn time.

#747 4 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Positivity is good!

Awesome, it sure did finally come up on Pocket Catcher. Now I can get rid of that Podbean app.

Keep up all the Great Pinball content, I need more for my long drives.

#748 4 years ago
    Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Awesome, it sure did finally come up on Pocket Catcher. Now I can get rid of that Podbean app.
    Keep up all the Great Pinball content, I need more for my long drives.

I agree. Keep up the good work one and all! It really helps on my long boring drives. I've enjoyed the flagship shows as well as the Steve Richie cast. Haven't had a chance to listen to them all but plan on it. Certainly appreciate how difficult this must be on a weekly basis.

#749 4 years ago

Only about 1/2 the way through the ep 2 of The Final Round, and it is awesome. I learned a ton! Both hosts are excellent!

#750 4 years ago

I tried to listen to the podcast the other day, but there was a dude talking about some sort of messed up pizza order and I had to bail on the show.
    I wanted to like the podcast, but that guy who was complaining about a pizza order sounded like a bitch.

There are 4,826 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 97.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-network-/page/15?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.