(Topic ID: 302373)

The Pinball machines your local Arcade had?

By Orange-Brommie

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 2 years ago

I was thinking about my local arcade today and the machines it once had. All long gone , including the owner sadly, and his machines.

I spent a few summers days down there. Good memories.

He was definitely a pin head.

He had two Space Stations, a Space Invaders, Fire, F14, Jokerz, Bugs Bunny, Adams Family's, Terminator 2, Twilight Zone, two Star trek the next generation and The Getaway high speed 2.

I remembering the owner telling me Pinball wizards from all over Leinster in Ireland would come to visit his place to play the machines.

As a young lad, I was more interested in the Double dragons, out runs, operation wolf arcade games etc. And I didn't appreciate what he had in pinball at the time.

He had some collection and a decent bloke, was your local arcade good as well guys?

#2 2 years ago

I remember back in the day, most of the arcades that I went to were in the lobbies of movie theaters, and they pretty much ALL had Rollercoaster Tycoon and Lord of the Rings. I remember I used to see those two machines a lot.

Going back before that, when I was really young, I remember Terminator 2 and STTNG being all over the place. I don't really remember too much what else was around. I wasn't super in to pinball back then. My Dad and I played a lot of Donkey Kong.

#3 2 years ago

I grew up in Manchester UK and was born in 65. That means I was able to get into arcades from the age of 15 onwards.

My fave location was Pleasure Pastimes, which still had both EM (Big Ben, High Hand, Pro Football, The 30s) and EEs (SI, Nugent, Supersonic). Across the road there was another arcade with just Gtb System 1 pins (Torch, Pinball Pool, Countdown, Solar Ride). Later they got Black Hole and my mind was literally blown.

You can Google Pleasure Pastimes and someone has gone to the trouble of trying to recreate the layout of the various games, albeit a bit later than when I went there.

#4 2 years ago

Local newspaper posted this photo up recently, which was taken Sept. 23, 1987 -- I distinctly remember playing that High Speed back in the day!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-machines-your-local-arcade-had?hl=redwizard000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.